(2007/01) Jan

janey,

You have to weigh the pros and cons lor. The advance notice gives you the time to: (1) decide whether to keep the bb; (2) if you want to keep the bb, then you have some time to make preparations (might want to go for classes, do research, make caretaker arrangements).

But the flip side of the coin is that a positive test could cause a lot of stress and unhappiness as you go through your pregnancy, and worse still, the stress could be totally UNNECESSARY (have heard of a few cases where the test results came out not so good, mummies spend their pregnancy crying and crying, and then bb comes out perfectly healthy).

Hi

I'm expecting my 2nd baby. Please add me in the chart.

EDD: 25 Jan 2006
Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth
Hospital: TMC

Thanks

Sherl, I also heard alot of stories about test results being unfavourable and many mummies end up with perfectly healthy babies and a tough pregnancy thinking about the unpleasant stuff.

Tt's y my hubby dun want to go through this. Just take each day as it comes
happy.gif

Hi all, long time no post, cos busy with work and also busy with puking
sad.gif

read something about folic acid a few posts back..just for information, you can get the folic acid from Polyclinic Pharmacy..it's about $1.50 for 30 tabs..much cheaper from gynae..and it's the same kind of tablets.
happy.gif

I am at my 8 weeks now..still puking..but the sickness seems to get better, with a few nights no sickness (yipee!). I am glad that my sickness are mostly at nights..but I wish they are gone asap!

Mrs Wong, regarding your question about "activity", :D my hubby dun want leh..he say wait the baby come out will give him a box in his face, cos for "poking" him in the womb..'cos he heard a joke regarding this.. lol

Mrs Wong,
Yeah, u're rite.. My hubby and I did not take the test for our #1 cos we also do not want to go thru those -ve tots. Most likely for #2 we also wont be taking the test..

doggiebebe,
I take all kinds of food.. So far only fast food makes me feel better, esp COKE!! Isn't that sinful?! But cant help it lor.. I took sour plums & preserved mangoes but still end up throwin up so it doesn't help at all ley..

I remembered that I was very conscious wf food when i was carrying my gal, Sherilyn. I took lots of fish and milk. Avoided cold drinks and those "liang" stuff.. Took herbal drink meant for expectants as well.. This time round, I didnt really care much abt these.. Cos i was too frustrated coping with the MS.

Hi bb_milk,
Great to see u here!!

Hi ladies,
I went see gynae again on saturday but no use one lor..
he just ask me a few qn and see last week blood test result and told me everything is okie and normal and see if I wanna the progesterone jab bo.. and see him again next mth.. BO SCAN again!! I am so diappointed, cos he say too small to see..

And he say the scan will only be on next visit when I am like 12 weeks.. *peng* I guess by then I will be back in sg and do my own scan.

Hi mummies with MS....

I loved what my gynea has taught me.... drink COKE whenever u feel like vomitting.
The gas in the coke will make u burp more, eventually the body feels better after much burping.

To share some of my own expreience from my first pregnacy.........
- I have never restricted myself to food that the old folks advised. Eat whatever you want, don torture yourself. But of course Raw Food is out.
- SEX.... go ahead and do it, no worries that it will poke your baby. Just find a comfortable position and enjoy it with yr hubby.
- As for the blood test for adnormality, I did it for my first child. It was a scary expreience to know the result. Thus I have decided not to go for it this time round.

I really had a terrible 1st pregnancy. MS is nothing at all during that time.... in my 4th & 5th mth, I vomitted everytime I cough, that is about average of 10 times a day. Which means, I puked out everything that is inside the stomach. including water.... That also means that there isn't enough healthy food for my baby & myself. I ended up in hospital....... it was a nitemare, will share more next time.

But in the mean time, do take good care of yrself.

hi icy,

think bb too small to detect thru normal u/s at this stage, but can see if use vaginal scan leh... (but not a very pleasant experience la, dun really like).

Welcome, bb_milk! I'll be updating the table later ok. Heheh, we share the same EDD too!

Hello everyone! I just came back from Dr Woo...
Today I forgot to take the ultrasound print out again!! Lucky my mum took it...hubby v busy at work so mum went with me...can see she v excited
happy.gif

My next visit will be 2 weeks later
happy.gif
From the scan I'm now 6 weeks, which is same as LMP dating. Baby is realli tiny, only 4mm cos I'm v small sized. Can see heartbeat very fast!! blip blop blip blop blip blop...heehee...

Icy, overseas practice is only scan once or twice throughout the pregnancy only! Cos ultrasound to them is expensive, so they rather save the $$.

babymilk, I eat whatever I like. My mum also say I can eat whatever I like, she even bought my fave sarawak pineapple for lunch...heehee...but just now she went to buy all the chinese herbs to gear up and start cooking soup for me already...

Doggiebebe, some coke is ok. I think buy bottled one will be better, can take a sip and keep for later
happy.gif

mrs wong, ur baby really a bit tiny ah, cos i read from previous post, mostly 6 weeks is about 6mm lor.

anyone has bb measurement ard week 8-9?

milderina said her bb is 11mm at week 8, n janice's fren is 9mm at week 8. mine is 16mm, n i shd be in week 9, how come the u/s machine said tat onli week 8. hmmm shd be something wrong with my doc's machine hehe haha.

doggiebebe, ya really tiny
happy.gif
Dr Woo said it's alright cos I'm at the beginning of week 6, so it will be smaller. Plus he say the U/S today not very clear, so might be bigger than it seems...

Anyway if baby to big I so small size how to carry?

mrs wong, ya the size for each bb can be varied, so shdnt jugde the bb weeks by the size lor. ur bb follows the mother, small size like u.

Doggiebebe, fetus also got such thing as catch up growth. They can catch up and be same size as other fetus the same age later in the pregnancy
happy.gif

My dad already starting to call and nag...haha..."tonight remember to come back for dinner", "don't do housework, ask Nani to do", "don't let the dog jump all over you", "no more soft drinks already ar, later I buy fruit juice for you", "u want to move back home? Here got no staircase easier to do things. I clear my music room for u to sleep"....alamak...1/2 hour of nonstop nagging from my dad!!

Sherl,
yah but no scan dun feel secure. :p

Mrs Wong,
yah.. so sianz, especially i see most people would have scan now. I just wanna know how the little one is doing.

jas, milderina and aquarius, thx for the info. then mine really small if compared to u all. Then i shd be really in week 8 onli alamak.

doggiebabe,
actually hor when the gynae measure the baby the machine will appear the EDD de. In the beginning my gynae also gave mi an earlier date then after 2 weeks then she reconfirmed my EDD which is 1 week later then the one she confirmed with mi earlier.

milderina, the doc really make me confused. at first he said that my EDD is 15 jan, then last sat scan, the machine appear the EDD is 20 jan at week 8. Then the doc said, ya correct at week 8 n the EDD almost similar just a bit more or less. he didnt change his calculated EDD. then i said shd be week 9 according to the LMP but doc said nobody calculate it so accurately
sad.gif

That means your corrected EDD is 20 Jan and you now week 8 instead of the previous 15 jan which he probrably calculated from your last menses. Cos properly you ovulated late thats y u r now in week 8 instead of 9. No worries. Its like tat de.
happy.gif

Mine also very confusing. But all I know is baby will be due before CNY next year
happy.gif
which means for most of us, We will still be doing our confinement during CNY!

Imagine my first CNY married, dunnid to give angpow but can start collecting already...heehee...

I think i need to do my CNY shopping in December. ahahha.....or else straight after my confinement is CNY liaos. Later i no new clothes to wear.

Milderina, I also think so...If not pple come visit during CNY then wear until ugly ugly...

This means we dunnid to go visiting right? Pple will come visit us right? Then must remind my hubby to buy CNY goodies...if not got nothing to entertain the guests...

Wah...I didn't login for one day and surprised to see so many posts!! Bluesky, u feeling better already?

Hey, since all of our EDD is near CNY, anyone gotten their confinement lady yet? I know I very KS but a friend of mine had a hard time sourcing for confinement lady after her 1st trimester. Quite worried leh...plus it would be more ex near CNY!!
uhoh.gif

bluegrapes,
thanks for your concern. Now better, waiting to recover completely. Cannot tahan so taken pp advice here and went to see Dr Adrian on my way home on friday. He prescribed me cough mixture, fever pills and antibiotics. He said safe for the baby one. So now better. But pocket one hole gone... his bill came up to $114!

will you consider asking your MIL to do the confinement for you?
I am comtemplating because Jan to get confinement lady firstly very diff, secondly, very ex. I think 2 or 3 times the norm price leh.
The most maybe I will get a part time maid once or twice a week that kind to do the cleaning and washing clothes.

bluegrapes,
If yr MIL or mother can help will be the best.
Cos alot of money will have to incur at that time.
You know, I rather take that money to sign for a post natal massage leh.

Hi ladies,

Looks like bb really varies even at the same wk ya.

Mrs wong, not to worry lah. Mine oni 6mm at wk 6 too. Hey looks like beside ur hubby you ve to prepare nagging fm ur dad too :p

Bluegrape, think will start looking for confinement lady after my coming visit cos by 8 wk should ve a more accurate EDD rite?

Agreed that sure more x cos within CNY. Some might not wanna do too. Actually I am very tempted to try what Mrs Wong mentioned - to send maid for training but I am worry the maid might not under wat the teacher teaching hee..

Bluegrapes and bluesky, I tried calling 2 confinement nannies that my couz and frens used, they are already booked!! Plus their charges are 1.5 times more than usual!

So my mum promised she will do confinement for me. I go over to her place, got her maid plus my maid, then my mum will do the cooking
happy.gif

Plus now I sourcing for confinement cooking classes for my maid to attend so she can learn...

Zenn, I found one lady that might be willing to teach a class of indon maids. Is an indonesian lady, so can speak malay with them...But my mum wanna try her cooking see if nice or not first, if nice, we will send both our maids to learn
happy.gif

Updated table:
<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aquarius_888</TD><TD>3/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Msn_queen</TD><TD>5/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlein</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas</TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis</TD><TD>11/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Katherine Tang</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>janey</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mabel</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Loke</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>Van</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC / Mt A (TBC) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesky</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>tinkie</TD><TD>17/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leeann</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>rin</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiebebe</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr CK Chow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>firstbaby</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chua Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>21/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cindy</TD><TD>22/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HY Ang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluegrapes</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yingzi</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Capricornbabe</TD><TD>25/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherl</TD><TD>25/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby_milk</TD><TD>25/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SC Quek</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Morning ladies!

Very excited because got appt with Dr Ho later in the afternoon.
kao_happy.gif
Can't wait to see how much baby has grown!

Has anyone gotten new bras yet ah? Think I need to get liao, I'm simply bursting out of my bras... but feel a bit paisei if I go get maternity bras coz like still cannot see I'm pregnant leh...

Morning ladies,

how often do you all see your baby? reading through the thread, seems like all of you seeing your gynae pretty often.. i hope to see my gynae often too so that i can see my baby.. hehe.

kate,

I'm seeing my gynae for 2nd time in two weeks because I had some brown discharge when I first went last week, so Dr said he wanted me back for a checkup to make sure things are going smoothly. Think if today everything is ok then probably will not be seeing Dr so much liao? Anyway though happy that can see bb, very expensive leh, heheheh. Coz my gynae's package can only sign from 5th month onwards.

hi sherl,

oic.. cozs my gynae set the appointment 3 weeks apart. so i was tinking is it too long.. wondering how my little one doing..

kate, previously i seen my gynae two weeks once. after my visit on last sat, gynae asked me to see him again in a month time. so i hv to wait for a month to see my little one again lor.

My MIL is no longer around.
sad.gif
Otherwise, she will definitely help out for my confinement.

Yah, I heard that confinement will cost 1k more during CNY. Haiz...wonder if it is possible for the confinement lady to help partial month ie. 3 weeks or so, juz before CNY.

Bluesky, glad you are better.
happy.gif
Take care.

kate, I see my gynae every fortnightly cos its in the 1st trimester now. On my 2nd appointment, she says everything seems fine so ask me to go back 2.5 weeks later.

Sherl, I understand how you feel cos I have been looking around for maternity wear lately but feel quite weird cos pple cannot see my tummy and must be wondering how come I looking at maternity dresses. Heeh...I think you should get maternity bra now since its GSS. You nid it soon anyway.

doggiebebe, you don have to finish the whole can of coke..... just take a few slip and it is good enough to make you burp....
happy.gif

Maybe I make a mistake on the size of my baby, got to relook at my scanned photo today again to double confirm on the size - coz I thot I remember seeing it written 3.5cm for 7 weeks...... sld be my mistake, hehehe.... got a shock when I read the thread, coz I don think it is possible for my baby to be so much bigger then all of yours.

bluegrapes,

yeah lo yeah lo, very tempting to shop for maternity wear now because GSS, but I feel really funny when I enter the maternity shops and shop along with those people who must be like at least 5-6 months pregnant...

Back