(2007/01) Jan

Hi ladies,

Just had my dinner. My MIL cooked and my hb happened to be nearby so tabao back. Its nice to have home cook food!

Janice, I am 7wks now. So far no MS but will feel nuesea and breathless. You? Ya I so tempted to visit dr woo to check the bb. Cant wait till next wk.

Akoyo, Congrats! Guess its norm to feel hungry now

zenn,
ya i also prefer home cooked food nowadays...but cos my mil also working so i hardly have any until weekends when i go back to my parents hse. My mom will cook.....yummy! i still droozling over the porridge she cooked last sun. hehe

mon when i see dr adrian, based on my water bag only 6 weeks....but if i calculate from my last mens, i should be 7 weeks by now liao le...

hey gals,
was surfing just now for maternity clothes.....not cheap leh....$70+ consider only can wear a few months.......

zenn,
me had the same symtom as u. Anyway I can't wait to have a scan on my bb. I just had blood test only and it is just not enough for me. :p

janice and zenn,
I think have to depends on our ovulation date as well. I read that actually the pregnancy is actually 38 weeks long, But this German obstetrician called Neagele fixed it at 40 weeks according to last mense date. His calculation is based on 28 days cycle - 280 days. If u have 26 days cycle, count 9 mths plus 5 days from ya LMP - or 278 days. If you had 32 days cucle, count on the nine mths plus 11 days - 284 days. :p

janice,
yeap very ex, either we can ask for hands-me-down or just buy bigger size clothing.

Janice, those I saw the shops cost around S$39-79.
Usually bottoms are more expensive than tops.

Dresses are super expensive. The ones I saw are at least S$89!!

I will just stick to hand-me-downs. And ask my hubby to buy some from KL for me...

hmmm....i dunno if i have hands down anot...but my sil told me i cant have hers...but she smaller size than me so dunno if i can fit in anot.....

icy,
my cycle 31 days .....so should be 283 days?

hey ladies,
so u experience leg cramps? or the leg muscle very tense? my thigh and calf muscles seems to tighten up abit these 2 nights.......

Icy & Janice, mine is very irregular cycle. Perhaps that's why it later.

Janice, whats the website?

Mrs wong, where did you shop? Think really need to get some bottom liao

Zenn, I saw at Kovan MRT there Heartland Mall, Level 2. The clothes there got office wear, looks v good and not v exp...

I think pants, get like 2-3 good pairs can wear throughout pregnancy with some skirts and dresses hor?

Anyway, I found someone who can tailor dresses at v cheap pricing. If I'm going to tailor make, I'll jio you gals along see if can get cheaper rate if we choose same design but different fabric or same fabric different designs
happy.gif

I do feel abit warm after putting the oil. It's quite normal cos you rub ma..heehee...

Zenn, the lady charge me S$30 for tailoring only, not including materials for a dress.

Which means after adding the materials, will cost around S$50-60...much cheaper than shops...plus can choose our own designs
happy.gif

wow..this thread really moves fast.

mrs wong
i din rec ur email(regarding sch) leh.hehe..btw,u say u starting wk soon,does the sch know u r pregnant? My no pay leave end in dec,am wondering whether the moe will give me maternity leave in jan 07 anot?

first baby
my no pay leave until end of this yr but now a bit sianz,feel like going back to work.

gers,if u all got any lobangs on trendy maternity dresses and not too ex..share with me hor:p

Tinkie, you nvr enable PM, so can't send you email. My email is [email protected]. You send me a mail then I reply
happy.gif

My school still dunno I preggie cos I Monday then going to report to new school.

Dunno who to tell and when to tell also
sad.gif

You must be on active payroll for at least 3 months b4 they will give you your paid maternity leave. In your case, I think they will only give you unpaid maternity leave. Unless you ask your gynae for hospitalisation leave then you use your leave and get your usual pay...

Good morning ladies,

Raining again. Making me so lz...

mrs wong, sound good deal. u ve any design in mind?

yah.. this thread moves really fast.. I dun have time to read the past postings.. Hahaha..

<font color="0000ff">akoyo,</font>
Congras!! My EDD also 7 Jan!! So qiao hor!

<font color="0077aa">Mrs Wong,</font>
U gg BKK shopping?! Kekeke.. That's my fave shopping spot also! I went there once a year.. I also took the effort to go shop for my #1 stuff when i was abt 4 mths preggie.. Had a great time there.. A pity that i had to give massages and pedi/manicure a miss..

<font color="aa00aa">Re MS:</font>
U all so lucky still have appetite and cravings.. I have been throwing up almost after every meal!! So terrible that I dun dare to have a full meal.. I just take a few bites just in case i throw up all again.. Too hungry also will throw up water &amp; bubbles.. Haiz.. Think the only time i wont throw up is when i am lying on bed..

<font color="ff6000">Re maternity clothes:</font>
Here are some of the popular sites:
http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/maternityclothes.html
http://www.motherswork.com.sg/cgi-bin/WB_GroupPageGen.pl?gid=6&amp;t=1149819017&amp;Mentry=25gRa8RL-wELc44j56r9cH99xLrT0cinLtrPaRjP

Here is another interesting website if u wish to find out more abt pregnancy. U can read abt how our baby is prgressing on a weekly basis..
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy

hi serrich,

Haven't heard from you for so long! Anyway, for MS, you might want to keep some biscuits with yo... then can eat in between your MS bouts, when you dun feel so sick... they'll probably go down easier than normal food coz dun have so much taste...
happy.gif
Dun go hungry wor!

oic aquarius.

serrich, i m having vomitting actions few times per day but most of the time just vomitted water. ya if too hungry, will vomit too. how u cope urself during working hours then?

Hi gals,
May I check with whether you take what kind of supplements during this 1st trimester? I'm about 8 weeks now, my Gynae give me folid acid &amp; iron pills. Any idea how long shall we take for folid acid and iron? Is that iron pills is for baby growing stabalizing?

Thx.

Evelyn, folic acid needs to be taken during 1st trimester only.

Iron depends on inidividuals. If you have low BP, usually they will get you to take it throughout your pregnancy.

If you are anaemic, also have to take all the way.

Iron does not help stabilise baby, it helps increase blood volume to provide baby with adequate nutrients from mummy's blood. But even if you take iron pills but don't have a healthy diet, baby might not grow well also...

Evelyn,

Doc gave me folic acid.... I used to take GNC prenatal formula but the nurse at the clinic advised me to stop coz it contains toxic amts of Vit A... She also told me no need to take anything else coz right now bb is not absorbing the supplements yet...

hello everyone!!

i also got the vomiting urge the whole day, normally only will merlion in morning.. For me, the only way to keep myself away from vomiting is to EAT!! museli bar/bread/biscuit/anything that wun upset my tummy.. i will keep it w me n eat them the moment that dizzy feelin come.. even tho i dun like to eat them, but at least i wun be a merlion... so u will see me eat every 2-3 hrs in small amt to combat nauseousness..

my colleagues tot i am insane to keep eating suddenly.. but i dun care cos that is the most efficient way for me.. =)

hi mrs wong,
where is ur tailor located? do we need to go to her house or shop? let me know. im quite interested!
happy.gif

btw, i am pearlein.. havent surf web for ages.. jus changed my name recently.

Zenn, multi vit is for general overall health of the mother. Some pple are weaker, so their gynae might prescribe to them.

For me, doctor encourage me to take if I do not have constipation. Alot of ppl have constipation problems after starting on multi vits.

Sherl, You can try getting blackmores' prenatal pills. The levels in there are safe. I checked with my nutrition books already and I'm taking them now
happy.gif

Right now multi vits are to build up maternal stores. Which means you build up your body b4 your baby starts to get demanding. If you do not build up your body now and baby starts to get demanding in 2nd trimester, your baby might lose out in the development lor...

Gals, if you have MS, try to avoid milk in the morning. Milk causes stomach to produce more gastric juices and will cause you to be more uncomfy. Try to take milk at lunch or at night instead...

Zenn, my downstairs is mac and ba kwa shop..everyday smell fries and ba kwa...haha...actually it is v shiok!

Pearlein, my tailor stays at Seng Kang
happy.gif
So we might need to meet her at Arab street to buy cloth then go her house for measurements
happy.gif

hi Sherl,
i think ur latest table has taken away my entry..;( im pearlein, EDD is 7 Jan. Gynae is Dr KT Tan at KKH. can u pls add me back to the table. thanks!!

hi mrs wong,
i cant walk too much now. still got to rest more. perhaps we go when we r in our 2nd trimester?
anyone else keen to join us?

Pearlein, I will onli tailor when I'm around 4 months...cos tt's when the tummy start to bulge and we can estimate if we will be big bellies or small bellies
happy.gif

Evelyn, folic acid is to prevent neural tube defects. The neural tube would have been fully developed by 1st trimester, so even if you take during 2nd and 3 tri it wont change anything.

Folic acid can be found naturally in oranges and green leafy veges...just be more health conscience and change your diet to more fruits and veges during pregnancy can le.

mrs wong, thanks for explaining. if i m u, think i will 'die' by all the smell hehe

gals i really forgetful leh. just now i on my tap dan came out to close my bedroom door at the same time open the window cos really cannot tahan the smell. and i happily forgotten i on the tap until i heard the overflow water noise. jialat...

Zenn, wot happen to your memory? Mine I can forget to call someone back or forget to watch my tv show..tt's all...heehee...

The smell actually not bad lei...but make me got craving for ba kwa but my hubby dun allow...cos ba kwa use alot of chemicals to make...
sad.gif
I WANT MY BA KWA!!!

I'm same as Janey, always keep the biscuit, bread with me, eat small portion whenever you feel nausea. This is the best way to keep away from vomiting. Have some hot instant cereal drink also not bad.

Janey, you dunno how fussy my hubby is...now my whole house not a single chemical..even wash floor also use apple cider vinegar, cannot use floor detergent...wash cloths also use special detergent...

and he dun let me sit in front of the computer too long, don't let me use laser printer cos of the 'fumes'...

if I manage to sneak some ba kwa, he sure know one...cos he checks the dustbin everyday...

mrs wong,
Woah!! U had a strict supervisor there!! I had been facing the pc everyday else I will be so bore to be alone in the room.

My mil keep nagging me on this.

Icy, my supervisor v strict ar...he just called me to tell me to watch tv instead of sit in front of computer...

he bought this tummy blocker thingy that is supposed to block harmful 'rays' from any electronics from reaching the baby...

mrs wong, wow he really so strict ya. think i will bored to death if cannot come online.

ok i gg to run some errand n do some shopping. hopefully can get some clothes hee

doggiebebe...my MS almost gone...it was only 2-3weeks quite bad and normally in the morning...no choice if got to vomit I will go toilet and puke...after that normally ok.

Hi pearlein,

Oops! Have added you in. Noticed that you and Jasmine share the same gynae, hosp and EDD leh! Or did I make a mistake ah? Anyway, updated table:

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aquarius_888</TD><TD>3/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Msn_queen</TD><TD>5/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlein</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas</TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis</TD><TD>11/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Katherine Tang</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>janey</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mabel</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Loke</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>Van</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC / Mt A (TBC) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiebebe</TD><TD>15/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr CK Chow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesky</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>tinkie</TD><TD>17/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leeann</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>rin</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>firstbaby</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chua Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>21/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cindy</TD><TD>22/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HY Ang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yingzi</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Capricornbabe</TD><TD>25/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherl</TD><TD>25/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SC Quek</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi all,

can anyone share ur package ($$) wif me? Also share with me what the package are included--eg.consultation fee, med, delivery charge etc.

i haven't sign up any package yet, so need to get some reference from you all.

Back