(2007/01) Jan

Hey MTB,

I am back..Sorry to announce a sad news here. Can you please remove my name from the list?
My gynae said my bb is not growing, and there's no heartbeat even though I am in my wk 6. Will most likely be doing a d&c next wk to remove the sac. And to add more to my sorrow, my gynae told me that I am expecting a twin, but both did not survived.
sad.gif

Sigh, why me? Just hope that my next pregnancy will be a success.

Anyway, though I didn't come in often for a chat, still glad that I have found this thread.

Wishing all of you a smooth pregnancy and delivery. Take care, ladies!

Gd morning ladies,

Mrs wong, great! But would the maid know how to bath baby? Any course to train too heheh

Kate, this thur will be in 2nd visit. So far is 2 wks but I think after that might be mthly.

Sherl, oh good! Must keep us updated!

Bluegrape, I did consider getting confinement for 2-3wks too but not sure if they are willing. Will try to find out.

Capricornbabe

Sorry to hear the sad news..... I do not know what to say, just feel a sharp pain across my heart.

We mummies are always there to support each other. Be strong my dear..... do let us know if you need any help.

Suddenly feel the chill down my body. I will be going for business trip this sunday to 3 differnt parts of malaysia. Though I keep telling myself to take extra care and be very careful out there, but deep down I'm very worried for my baby..... really pray that everything will be fine.

baby_milk, can dont travel? Maybe can discuss with your boss? Somemore thress palces, sound v hactic lehhhh......

Mrs Wong,

now feel like very cautious about the ingredient when buying cosmetic product. Mrs Wong, need yr advice lehh. Actually what ingredient to avoid huh?Also, saw some stretch mark cream, but dont know good not.

I still have not time to collect the oil from you. For the past week, been very sick, coughing very badly. Dr said not so gd for preggy woman lehh. bit worry. I hope I can collect fm u this weekend. U ard Sengkang area right?

Thks a lot of yr help.
capricornbabe, will u consider for 2nd opinion or wait a bit longer?

capricornbabe, am really very sorry to hear the sad news. Dunno what to say and am lost of words. Haiz...please take good care of your health.

kao_sad.gif

hie capricornbabe, im v sorry to hear ur sad news. pls try not to tik so much. concentrate on getting well again. have lots of rest n u will def have a healthy baby the next time. hang on there k. if u wana chat, we r al here to support u.

take care..

Zenn, I will bring my maid along for the prenatal classes. My hubby gonna sign us up for TMC's classes so will bring the maid along to learn
happy.gif

Zenzen, no prob, can arrange. Just email me
happy.gif
[email protected]

Capricornbabe, hope you are feeling better now. Don't worry, can try again after 3 months of good rest
happy.gif
Which means will be baby oink oink
happy.gif

eh... regarding the CL, my EDD is one mth b4 CNY, i wonder will affect the price of hiring a CL... my mum n MIL both working.. dunno what to do if no one can come help me...

Hi janey,

many of our EDD are around one month b4 CNY. Heard that CL will be more ex during CNY period. some of us are thinking of asking the CL to help our 'partial' maybe 3 weeks or something...but not sure if it is possible

btw, your gynae Dr WK Tan delivered my youngest brother 18 years ago. Amazing!
happy.gif

Hi Bluegrapes,

Yeah.. My gynae deliver my sis 23 yrs ago.. hahahhahahaa... lotsa praises so decided to go to her..

hmm for CL, think got to book asap lo.. when should we start booking? now still too early rite?

Thanks for the encouragement. Appreciate them all.

Zenn, I already went for 2nd opinion, and she told me the same thing too. Remove the bb is the only way out.

Anyway, am feeling better now after a wk, just hope that everything will goes well for my next pregnancy.

Thanks gals!

Yah, janey..WK Tan is very very good.

My fren tried to book her CL after her 1st trimester. Couldn't get even one after contacting 7 to 8. One of them agreed but back up later by giving some excuses. Plus, ours is near CNY, so its good to start early I guess.

I have been with this gynae of my two good friends (who delivered last year) for some basic medical checkup ie. before pregnancy. And she has been following through my condition. So, decided not to switch in the end. Also, it slipped my mind that I can go to WK Tan until I saw the list.

Bluegrapes,

i see i see, i was asking my family for Gynae recommendations, all say WK tan.. hahahaa.. I was with Dr Adrian for first 6 weeks.. been there twice but in the end i still change to WK Tan.

Hi everyone..went for gathering today...just got back home...

Zenzen, I'm v cautious of all products I use now. I have changed my make up to organic makeup already
happy.gif

Hi gals,

I just went to visit dr woo cos hubby got appt this thur. BB is now 8 wks 3 days and 1.95cm!!! Imaging 2 wks ago was oni 6mm. 3x longer. Can see the head, body and dunno hand or leg hee Amazing! Next visit will be 4 wks later. So long....

hi gals,

anyone got recommendations for confinement lady?btw,wat is the mkt rate during CNY? I paid $1800 for the confinement lady last time for my firstborn.dun intend to employ her again as I think she is not very professional.

gals,how much wt did u all gain now? I am at my 8 wks and already gain 1 kg.
sad.gif
I think will gain more as I have been eating a lot...cannot ctrl,if dun eat will feel uncomfortable.

capricornbabe,sorry to hear abt ur loss.take care and be strong!

HI capriconbabe..

Im visiting..from the miscarriage support group website. I'm sorry for wat u going thru now..But I think maybe u would like to wait..Sometimes its too early to tell..Give yr babies a chance..dont do a D&C yet until u go for 2nd opinion..I have a girlfriend..her twins werent growing too..then gynae said 1 baby confirm gone..But we prayed n she saw another gynae..n she found both twins well..but sometimes u jus have to wait..cos 6 weeks is still early. I can recommend this gynae who found my friend's twin..Dr. Fong C.W. from Gleneagles. I saw him too after 2 gynaes weren't positive with my pregnancy..he too found my baby..but sadly..he still died later at about 10 weeks..but at least I tried.

Im a Feb MTM actually..jus found out. Hope this pregnancy is smooth n successful.

Capriconbabe..I hope all well for u too. Take care.

Capriconbabe..dont lose hope..I myself saw 3 gynaes..I waited for a natural m/c to happen..cos I didnt want to risk taking a baby out who may still be alive. I've read an American Medical Journal of babies who had no heartbeat or not growing well..then suddenly a heartbeat..mothers almost wanted to go for D&C. So do consider waiting n even going for 3rd opinion. Dr. Fong CW is a very skilled gynae..n his ultrasound machine is one of the most updated hi-tech ones i heard.

capricornbabe,
I am sorry about yout loss and I understand ur feeling becos I go through what U had been last nov. Have lots of rest and I am sure the next pregnancy will be sound and safe.

zenn,
I heard abt cordlife, to me it is like an insurance to the bb but does last a lifetime. I havent consider it but I have friends who bought them.

Charis,
I am glad to see you here. I should be a feb mummy too. :D

Tinkie, the rates I checked out were S$2500 and S$2800 cos it is CNY. They are already booked though, so my mum will do confinement for me.

Baby care I have experience cos I looked after my nephews and nieces since they were born. But now looking for someone to teach the maid how to cook confinement foods lor
happy.gif

I have not gained any weight, cos I have been exercising also
happy.gif

Zenn, me and my hubby discussed, we decided not to store our kid's cord blood.

Reasons being:
1. if child is really sick, cannot use his own cord blood
2. high maintenance costs

We are thinking of donating it to the public cord bank, but heard that only babies delivered in public hospital can donate. So we are asking around to see if it is possible we bear the 1 time costs of transporting the cord blood to them and donate to them instead.

Heard from other mummies that if you donate, and in future your child needs cord blood (*TOUCHWOOD*), you will be given priority. Anyway also can't use back their own cord blood, so have to use other kid's cord blood.

Mrs wong, wat you mean by if child is sick cannot use his own cord blood? I thought thats the main purpose for storing it?

Zenn, cord blood is usually used to cure diseases like cancer, etc. These diseases are usually pre-programmed, which means it is in the genes.

This means that by using the child's cord blood, the risk of recurrence of the disease is very high and thus many doctors don't encourage the use of the child's own cordblood.

Unless you are intending to keep it for your family's use, eg parents, grandparents (provided tissues match), it is quite useless to keep it.

This is what we gathered from our online research and speaking to some parents with cancer kids cos my dog is a therapy dog, so we see alot of these kids....

Morning ladies!

Just visited gynae yesterday, and bb is 1.26cm at 7 weeks 5 days! Didn't have to take injection liao this time, but Dr says still not stable, must take lots of care, and so still on duphaston 3 times a day...
sad.gif
Incidentally, for the gals interested, I asked my dr if duphaston causes nausea and he said no leh, what I'm experiencing is just normal MS.... Anyway, my next appt is in two weeks' time, then bb will be 9 weeks plus.. I've been talking to bb, telling her/him that must wave to mummy the next appt... hahahhahhaha

Regarding the cordblood, I'm thinking of storing it too but after hearing what Mrs Wong says I'm reconsidering... coz the costs of storing the cord blood in private bank is quite high...

Updated Table:

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aquarius_888</TD><TD>3/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Msn_queen</TD><TD>5/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlein</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas</TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis</TD><TD>11/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Katherine Tang</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>janey</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mabel</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Loke</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>Van</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC / Mt A (TBC) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesky</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>tinkie</TD><TD>17/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leeann</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>rin</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiebebe</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr CK Chow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>firstbaby</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chua Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>21/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cindy</TD><TD>22/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HY Ang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluegrapes</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yingzi</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby_milk</TD><TD>25/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherl</TD><TD>26/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SC Quek</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Morning ladies,

me also went to my gynae yesterday. brought forward cozs im abit worried abt my little one. the bb measure 3.06cm at 9 weeks 6 days. The bb like know we are looking at him/her and start to move.. haha.. heard the heartbeat also..

Sherl, my bb measure 1.31 cm at 7 weeks 4 days.

im currently taking duphaston also but 1 tab every morning. it does not causes nausea. according to the gynae, this is "an tai yao".

hi ladies,
I took duphaston before, it just makes me feel a bit like nausea as in like water filled up till the neck.. and extra bloated. I think duphaston will have lots of water retention. :p I became very bloated and very hard to loose weight. :p

Mrs wong, is that so cos I spoke to Dr Woo he explained the adv of keeping cord blood is in the event of illness, the child is able to use back his/her own. Hence it will be for sure match as other donors might not match our kids? Confused now...

Hi all,

Yeah I agrees with Icy.. i also feel very very bloated n making me swollen w water..
maybe it depends on individual on the side effects..

What's the Duphaston? Hormone tabs?

Zenn, we read online on the uses of cordblood and there are many medical journals that state that using a sick child's cord blood will increase the risk of the disease coming back in a few years.

Though the cord blood will be sure match, it will not be 100% cure.

When we spoke to the cancer kids' parents, many of them did store the cord blood, but cannot use cos the doc told them will have high chance if the cancer coming back.

The high costs does not justify the usage lor. Unless you are intending to use it for other relatives.

hi girls,
Ydae I went to my usual gynae visit. Saw the Bb at 3.25cm already.... hheee, the tiny hands are waving, so cute. Gynae wasn't concern with my MS leh, as usual... juz give me folic acid and new green calcium pill... that look yucks!!

Next appt will be deciding if want to do the triple test. And need to pay for the package too. Gyane said next visit might be able to know the gender of the bb liao :p so exciting!

Btw, I realise the calculate of the EDD and the days of ur bb, is proportion to the size of your bb. So some MTB may wonder Y the EDD date will show differently on the scan. Is becoz your bb is growing bigger and faster... that's another factor other than calculation from the last mense date etc.

Mine was show to be earlier EDD too... but i think all will be finalise on the later stage
happy.gif

Milderina,
U are going to do ur NT scan with Dr Chen? I'm still deciding between the 2 test.

Sherl and kate, your bb is 1.26 and 1.31cm respectively on 7 weeks? Mine only 1.1cm on 7 weeks 1 day...uhm...wonder if the baby is considered small...

kate, i feel very excited for you. My next scan is also in week 9. Hope I can see my baby moves too!!

Btw, there is another link talking about cord blood bank:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/240293.html?1142688786
And the url for Singapore cord blood bank is:
http://www.scbb.com.sg/

I will most likely be donating my baby's cord blood to the public bank.

Zenn, read the scbb website. They have a list of diseases treatable by cord blood, and most of them are inherited diseases.

Back