(2007/01) Jan

bluegrapes really!! yeah!! i was wondering when are they going to open. told my hubby last week to bring me there for my upcoming birthday treat. kekeke....

icylemon,
i going to c her now. i tio chua le. i thought stainings ussually ard early weeks. now already 19 weeks plus le, y still like that.
sad.gif

hi sherl,
thanks..was hoping for a boy actually.. but its oke lah. anyway its our first bb. so hope nxt one wil be a boy!
happy.gif

hi serrich, i

mrs wong, i went to a few outlets - perfect mum. most of them are pushy. tried to be v friendly with u. and anyway, cant borrow someone 's vip card to use cos they said the card person must be there.

i have booked my CL areadi with an agency. tik its better cos they are experienced with biodata. and in the event tat u dun like them, can stil ask them to change for u.

icylemon, I wanted to have KFC for dinner yesterday...but Punggol Point no KFC so I took Char Kway Teow.

Should be ok but you may need to get some help on the laundry cos actually not supposed to touch water according to old folks. Actually during my confinement time, I looked after baby most of the time cos breastfeeding. But your mum will have to bathe your baby for you in the morning.

Milderina...better call your gynae to check.

Milderina, how r u feeling now? stil got stains?
if got, pls go n see ur gynae immediately.
perhaps ur placenta is low..
better to have a check with ur gynae.

aquarius if i remember correctly last week u oso had chay kuey teow for lunch hor.

so should be ok la hor.. ya.. most likely will get help from my mum to bathe my bb. cannot touch water.. har.. but if my bb poo poo, i will still need to clean bb up with water leh. anyway i will oso ask my hubby to take 2 - 3 weeks leave to help me with the housework. plus i still got a doggy to take care. i scare i cannot handle. my only fear now is i scare the bb will cry & cry. i dun know how to handle leh...

Hi baby_milk,

Yup, me still carry my ger
happy.gif
trying to minimise though. But since i am a SAHM, i thik cant avoid not carrying her lor. Anyway, she is now at this learning to walk stage, so most of the time, she prefers us holding her hands & walk ard instead of carrying.

icylemon, I use the wipes for cleaning the poo poo...already stocked up quite a number of packets.
happy.gif
Actually hor I also wash my hands many times...how to dun wash hand after going to toilet? Yup think is last week or 2 weeks ago I went PP for char kway teow...actually I am not a CKT lover but dunno why now eat more frequently.
happy.gif

Bluegrapes/Icylemon, yah, I also think $2.3K is not too bad. Can't complain already.

Icylemon, I dunno leh. But I just think that the 1st month is very important for mummies to recuperate and concentrate on nursing the body back to health. Hence, I would welcome all the help I can get. In your case, would you be getting a maid or something? Just afraid that after your mom goes off to work, you may find it a stretch getting the shores or tending to your BB difficult, since you've to rest.

Hope Mildy is ok....

aquarius hmm.. wat my friends taught me is to clean the bb's butt with warm water & cotton wool. they asked me at home no use bb wipes, go out then use. can eat la chay kuey teow but oily leh. control abit ha.. kekeke...

bb_milk talking abt carry heavy stuff. i still carry heavy stuff esp when i go market.

alethea i will not be getting a maid leh. costly leh. will get my hubby to take leave to accompany me. for at least 2 - 3 weeks.

alethea i ever ate CKT hor.. @ ghim moh, wet one but the wet type one is bloody one lor.. coz of the cockles. now i recalled very scare & want to puke.

Alethea...never try before but I dun mind trying since I go PP at least once a month.
happy.gif
You are referring to the hawker centre opp PP?

icylemon, I that is the traditional method of cleaning.
happy.gif
My first child also use the wipes...unless very dirty then use warm water to clean after using the wipes. Ya got to control a bit...lucky the one I ate yesterday not so oily...the one at PP very oily though.

icylemon, ya...if too oily normally I cannot finish...btw about using cotton wool to clean baby's butt I cannot remember if the first 2 weeks my mil use cotton wool or not...I will check with her then update you.
happy.gif

take care janey.

bb_milk,
No ley.. All along we match Sheri & Ryan tog ley.. Crys and Mal looked like a matching couple in their bandanas.. Sheri also wore a bandana for the contest.. Kekeke...

I still carry Sherilyn ley.. Sometimes i will carry her and "run" ard to make her happy.. Hahaha... But wf my bulging stomach growing bigger and bigger, i will have pbm carrying her leow.. So must treasure time wf her now.. I also dun want her to feel threathened by the bb's arrival mah.. Haiz.. I keep telling her to sayang mei mei then she keep referring herself as mei mei.. Gotto take sometime for her to accept this mei mei, i guess.. Cos she is no longer the youngest leow mah..

Zenn/Icylemon,
I am considering to order from NEO garden. I have ordered from them their normal buffet menu on many occassions leow.. Am their member so i think if i order cf meal might have discount ley.. But i havent check it out..

I am also hoping to source for other nice and cheaper tingkats.. Let me go get feedback from other thread mommies first..

Alethea,
I am not getting a CL cos my mil has agreed to come over help me during that 1 mth.. But i forsee some pbms cos my sil's edd is early Feb (just 1 mth rite after my edd) and my mil has also promised to help her... Just hope that our confinement period wouldnt clash lor.. Otherwise my mil will prob tire out having to run btwn 2 places..

Icylemon,
During confinement for my #1, i engaged my auntie to be my CL cos my mil needs to take care of my niece. But my mil will come over in the am to help oversee everything.. Most of the time bb is wf me cos i was bfg her then and she cried for milk every 1.5hr. Latching her alone takes up 40mins of my time.. I couldnt get much rest then but the fortunate thing is I dun have to do any housework... I just concentrate on my bb.. After confinement mth, my mil came to help me cook lunch for a week. After tat I was left alone to handle my own meals, bb, housework, etc.. It was too tiring for me to handle cos my gal was quite an attention seeker.. Always crying for comfort of sleeping in my arms other than crying for milk lah.. So I think it will be good to either engage a CL or helper to handle housework so tat u can concentrate on ur bb and nursing ur health.

Karen SG, welcome...
for me, mine baby kick wifey everyday w/o failed...
so far i onli managed to feel his kick twice while i'm reading bedtime stories for him...

better dun tell him to kick u hard...
yesterday nite, baby suddenly kick one good one at wifey...
she complained to me he really kick hard lor...

zenn, it just like a gentle tapping(i feel it from outside)...

AletheaT, i wouldn b engaging CL, already planning to take 1 1/2 mth leave at hm take care of wifey...
the CL charges are too high liao...

aquarius_888, i still have to cook the confinement meal..
now slowly trying out liao...

icylemon, for sure lots of ginger will b put..
cos ginger meant to get rid of wind inside stomach...

i went from hougang to JURONG WEST for lunch...
try the chicken porridge bryan wong recommended!
yummy n cheap oso...
$6 for 2x bowl porridge plus one plate of chicken...

u scared baby cry n cry u dun noe what to do?
i scared mine baby cry n cry then mine wifey started to cry n cry oso...
wahahah!
who worse??

Congrats firstbaby!! Have not seen you here for a while, were you the one working in BKK???

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ginger</TD><TD>1/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>ginsengmum</TD><TD>2/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aquarius_888</TD><TD>3/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinky</TD><TD>4/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Msn_queen</TD><TD>5/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlein</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>8/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>8/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kate</TD><TD>9/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas</TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis</TD><TD>11/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>janey</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mabel</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Loke</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>Van</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>berrymum</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC / Mt A (TBC) </TD></TR><TR><TD>tinkie</TD><TD>15/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>AletheaT</TD><TD>15/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesky</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>icylemon</TD><TD>17/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leeann</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>rin</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiebebe</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr CK Chow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>firstbaby</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yingzi</TD><TD>18/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>iceblue</TD><TD>21/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cindy</TD><TD>22/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HY Ang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sugarbean</TD><TD>23/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Tan WT</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluegrapes</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherl</TD><TD>26/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>dressaholic</TD><TD>27/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby_milk</TD><TD>28/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SC Quek</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Total expected bundles of joy:

Princes: <font color="0000ff">11</font>
Princesses: <font color="ff0000">7</font> (with 1 more to be confirmed!)

serrich, I think my son is adapting and accepting the arrival of mei mei...cos only yesterday he was telling me he is now Gor Gor...must take care of baby.
happy.gif

Aqua, yes, it's at the hawker centre opp PP. The CKT stall is called Apollo and has been featured in the press many times. It's so slurpy that u need a spoon to eat it with. I like!
happy.gif

Icylemon, then when u and ur hubby go back to work, who's going to look after your BB? MIL?

Iceblue, how come so good, can take 1.5 mnths off? And how come u always so free can travel from one end of the island to another either in search of bargains or good food?
happy.gif

1stbaby congrats to u.

aquarius keep me update ok. thanks.

serrich indeed the neo gdn buffet is good. but i have yet to try their tingkats. tot of ordering tingkats for dnr when i reached my 3rd trimester.

serrich getting a CL is not cheap leh.

iceblue u steady leh... travel all the way to hougang to jurong west juz for a bowl of porridge. u should try the fish soup ah. there is a very famous fish soup there at jurong west st 51 market. alot of ppl one... but very nice, esp the chilli. u oso not good. nvr jio me for lunch. my office ard there too. haiz...

alethea my mum only hint to me tat she mite take care la. then she always quote, "when the day draw nerer then say" i was like har... she like tat say then i mite as well get a nanny le lor..

Aqua, what's the emoticon? What's the green gooey stuff it's throwing up?

Tonight, I'll be going to Mattar Road Seafood BBQ at Old Kallang Airport to eat crabs. Been hankering after crabs for some time aldy, need to satiate that craving.
smile.gif

Iceblue, tmrw I'm planning to go Red Star to eat dim sum.
happy.gif
Is the svc fast? Cos' after my antenatal class, I've only about slightly less than 2 hours before I've todash off for that Dumex's Wondrous Beginning Semiar at the Revenue House. BTW, anyone attending the talk tmrw?

Babymilk, I still carry my 20kg nephew cos sometimes he wants me to carry, not my hubby...
I have no problems with carrying heavy stuff, before found out preggie already carrying alot of heavy stuff, now at work occasionally also need to carry heavy stuff...as long as posture is right, it is ok
happy.gif

Iceblue, ur baby also v good at kicking hor? Mine will kick my bladder until very painful!! Sometimes will leak pee if my bladder is full...

Aqua, no leh, The MP hawker centre one is really nice, go try it, But of coz, now can't eat hum.

Icylemon, the makeshift one is just behind the one which is currently undergoing reno. If u like crabs, go try the stall. It's featured in the press, including Makasutra. Some more, it's quite cheap, and the crab dishes can give the AMK Melben one a run for its $.
happy.gif

aquarius ya.. bloody cockles.. yucks!!

aquarius u oso tot of ordering tingkats ah.. so qiao huh.. lets search together for cheap ones &amp; keep each other update.

aquarius_888, ?? meaning?

AletheaT, this yr i still got bal of 15 days leave from last yr...
so.. this yr 21 days leave no use...
plus next yr 21 days...
so next yr got 42 days to clear...
planning to take the 15 day during late dec to prepare for arrival of baby!
kekeke...

their service quite ok..
Mmmm...
tmr i working...
if not can meet u there...
sighz...
off for 3days liao...
then tmr sat still got to go back camp!
BORING!
sun mayb going in JB eat seafood...
kekeke...
wifey keep wanting to go there...

cos mine wifey WISH is mine COMMAND!
wahaha!
she wake up 11plus...
eyes open nie, tell me she wanna eat jurongwest porridge...
so bring her there lor...
forget to mention...
yesterday lunch was at bedok for the MEE POK...
same thing... bryan wong recommended one...
kekeke...

icylemon, the porridge oso at st 51 market..
kekeke...
i try the porridge, chueh kueh, then saw the CKT like veri nice...
near the POSB ATM there...
dun worry... got time wifey sure wanna go again...
will jio u next time...
kekeke...

mrs wong, yeah lor...
but mine baby not everytime kick so hard...
so quite ok...

iceblue, really rare to hear hubby cooking confinement food nowadays...kekeke

icylemon, ya I think it's more worth it, convenient cos some days I have to fetch my son home from childcare...it will be good if I can go straight to CC than to pack food...then I will have so many things to carry. Ok, so far my friend tell me this is the best. http://www.kimskitchen.com.sg

she tried neo garden, kimskitchen and natal essential.

iceblue the fish porridge oso ard there too. near the ATM machine oso. oh ya the CKT nice hor... i dun like the chueh kueh there leh... the fishball noodle oso not bad.

aqaurius ya lor. if i order i will take neo gdn too. ya neo gdn de food not bad.

Aqua, another yummy menu!

Iceblue, where do you all usually head for for seafood in JB? Me and hubby usually go to the Taman Sentosa hawker centre. We eat the frog legs, pating fish, crabs, sambal tuatow, kangkong and cereal crayfish there. Cheap and delicious!
happy.gif
But now, don't dare to go in, cos' getting bigger and clumsier, and the JB roads are very uneven....

Back