(2007/01) Jan

Zenn, I can't remember the agency name offhand, will check for you. But the agency is inside Hougang Green Mall
happy.gif

When my maid first came, her english command is v good. Cos she worked for caucasian family in msia
happy.gif

Previous indon maids, their english not v good, onli understand YES and NO. I speak simple malay to them, over time they will pick up the language
happy.gif
Over the years have so many maids, my malay also not bad already...hahaha...

aquarius think most of us are taking 4 bedded. coz i heard TMC will upgraded for us to 2 bedded w/o further charges. good man...

mummies i think i hurt my left side of the abodmen. got this sharp pain.. arh...

Mrs wong, thanks! Actually I shortlisted another one from Maidhub @ hougang green mall but she only back to training centre next wk. Do you actually interview them b4 getting?

Icylemon,
Yah my gynae very nice and pro.. He dun like pple to doubt his skills and question his abilities one hor.. Hahaha..

Sherl,
Tats precisely y i always look forward to my gynae appts!! I wanna see my bb's face! Kekeke.. Now am looking forward to next visit. Hopefully my gal will face up this time. I wanna see if she looks like daddy or me.. Hahaha...

Mrs Wong,
U dun say leow lah.. Makes my goosebump stand lor.. I ever saw my hubby's open wound due to infection of his appendicities(dunno how to spell) op!! I went to toilet to vomit rite after tat!! Yuckies....

bb_milk,
Oh Crystal tat xiao mei ren arh!! She is good enuf lah no need to have more options for Mal!! Sheri's bf is 4getmemot's Ryan.. Kekeke..

Zenn,
Thanks. I am ok leow.. Gotten over that matter.. As long as they dun bring up the issue of HOW they feel abt nt having grandson i am alrite! Anyway my 2 bils still not married mah.. So they still have hope for grandson if we have decided to stop at 2.. The more hopeful they are on us the more disappointed they are gg to be.. So y think so much. It's all fated one lah.. They should be gladful tat they have grandchildren lor cos some want also dun have..

I did the rice picking mtd at my grandpa's place ley.. tried both times also got even #. So i think quite zun lah..

My maid can speak fluent Eng. She even knows a bit of Mandarin and Hokkien.. But she can understand the language better than she speak lah.. So i dun have pbm communicating wf her. Are those maid u shortlisted exp? Usually exp ones can speak a little Eng at least.. It will be better for u to get an exp one lah.. Otherwise very difficult to communicate esp if u wanna give instructions to take care of the newborn.

Serrich, I dun find the 3D scan image gross but rather, if I can get to see my baby so clearly, I will feel very touched!!

Mummies, thanks for your advices on maid. Think I will start scouting around for suitable nanny first...else phyco my hb to consider a maid.
happy.gif

Aquarius, Monday no problem but I have checkup in the morning, so preferable lunch time or afternoon.

hi all,

Did u all can feel the baby kick already? I am 1st time MTB.. also is a big size mummy...
happy.gif
normally start from which week we can feel that? is it everyday can feel the kick?

I am in 18 weeks already. Sometimes i got a feeling like "going to pass motion feeling" but nothing out when i go to toilet.. do anyone of u have this kind of feeling? this feeling is on and off but not everyday but sometimes can be a few hours...

sorry to post so many questions...

Serrich, shortlisted 2 - one of them can speak simple eng and ve exp taking care of new born but the agency fee is $288. the other one which we quite like cos pleasent looking, ve exp taking care kids now trying to find out exp in new born or not. she not in training centre so couldnt interview her and agency fee oni $68. So dilemma now.

Hi karen, welcome! I am coming 19 wks tml but cannot feel bb kick leh. or perhaps i dunno bb ve kicked?

mummies, how is the kick like?

Zenn,
Put the agency fees aside.. What matters most is whether u feel comfortable letting which maid help look after ur newborn? Cos this is ur main concern rite? Find out from both maids when did they last dealt wf newborn? It could be just a year ago or maybe even 4-5 years ago or even longer than tat?

hi karen welcome. i m in my 19 week 2 days.

i feel my bb kicking me ard 18 weeks. the feeling is like the bb turning round & round in my tummy. my bb even gave me 3 kicks last week. i took some advice from mummies here. u try to lie down flat, concentrate abit then you will know ur baby is moving. now i m sitting down i oso can feel my bb moving. dun worry. i m oso a big size mummy. i have a few friends who are oso big size de told me we will feel the baby moving ard 5 - 6 mths pregnant.

Hi Karen, welcome on board!
happy.gif

Am in 18 weeks. I feel bb kicking me every morning at 9 plus to 11 plus. It occurs every morning without fail. Has been like that for the past 5 days. Then occassional kick during the rest of the day. Like what icylemon says, sometimes feel like bb turning round in your tummy. Haha..

zenn, dunno how to describe but its like a 'little push' on your belly skin.

Quite fun to match-make our babies...

Next time when all your babies are borned, we could have a match-make session.... see my first son- Malcolm's gf....hehee

497654.jpg

hmm.. i have a "little push" feeling sometimes (also dun know whether it is baby kick), but not everyday... but this 2 days dun have this feeling liao..dun know is it becos i walk too much?? so a bit worry...

last few day i walk too much (go to buy BB stuff and shopping) dun know will it affect? maybe i think too much... i keep tell my baby kick me hard... or maybe bcos my skin too fat? haha...

serrich, ok! thanks for ur advise! me will be gettin confinement lady. catering not cheap too rite? any idea how much?

bluegrapes and icy, think i must b v kuku. i feel pain on n off but i cant feel or tell its bb kickin leh

serrich u oso received NEO Garden brochures ah.. i saw the confinement food trial $25.00 tot of trying it now leh.. but dunno whether can eat or not. their package oso not bad hor.. lunch & dnr $1350.

serrich, icylemon, I am also thinking of catering confinement food if not employing a maid. The NEO Garden brochure at home.

baby_milk, I seldom carry my son nowadays...if I do it's to put him on the toilet seat, baby chair etc.
happy.gif
He also understands that I cannot carry him now.

aquarius, please sms me on monday morning to confirm.
happy.gif

zenn, some people feel the kick later. No worry as long as your gynae checks that your baby is fine.
happy.gif

icylemon, what happened? You said you hurt the left side of your abdomen?? Ai yoh, careful leh!!

aquarius, I'm checking this coz I understand the Pregnant woman should aviod carry heavy things.

But my son (abt 10kg) always want me to carry him.

Mummies, did any of your gynea advice not to carry heavy stuffs?

icylemon, how you hurt yourself? Must be careful...how you feeling now.

bluegrapes, yep will sms you on Monday morning to confirm the time.
happy.gif

Harlows Mummies! TGIF!
kao_cheers.gif

Bluegrapes and Aqua, m like u girls, still weighing my options. HOwever, I've already singled out 2 Infantcare centres in the Katong area and will pop by within the next 2 weeks to check out the conditions. Per BB, after subsidies, it's going to cost around $650. Will try to negotiate to see if they can gimme a better rate for 2.

Should I decide to get a maid, will have to get one by Oct. Hard Myanmar ones are not too bad. Anyhow, will prefer to cough out more to get an experienced one who knows how to take care of newborns. Else, maid plus dad both also struggle with the BBs, then I can't even return to office at ease.

Karen, welcome! M in my 18th week. So far, can only feel 1 BB's active movement, but not the other, tho' I know he/she is developing well. The active one has been kicking and sometimes, I can see sudden protrusions in my abdominal area, when the BB kicks.

baby_milk, yep advisable not to carry heavy stuff...but sometimes I still do...but dun carry heavy stuff if it's a high risk pregnancy...that's what I heard from people. My son is 12kg+ so I try not to carry him too.

Aqua/Serrich/Zenn, you girls not planning to engage a confinement lady? COnfinement food is also not very cheap, right? Can be around $1500 per month, yar?

I've already engaged a CL, who's charging me $2300 for my twins. At least, her fee has been the most reasonable. FOr the others, either they rejected me outright cos' twins are diff. to care for, or actually asked for $3,000!!
kao_frustrated.gif

Alethea, not engaging confinement nanny cos my MIL helping with confinement...but thought of catering confinement food so MIL can just concentrate on baby.

Zenn, I've already paid my CL a deposit of $200. HEard that she's trustworthy, but still a little bit worried that she may just disappear with my deposit.

AletheaT,

So happy to know u having twins!!
happy.gif
Is this ur first two? Confinement food can be around $1500 per month? not cheap wor.

Aquarius_888,

Think u better hire a CL than just thought of catering confinement food leh. Can hire a CL for $1800-$2000 for taking care of ur bb, ur food, ur clothes professionally. I think more worth this way.

- www.mamadiary.com -

Zenn, according to colleagues, some CLs ask for it and it so happens that mine does. It's based on trust, if she wanna run away with my deposit, also nothing I can do....

Mona, ya MIL helping out.
happy.gif
My first child also MIL help with confinement...then she cook and also help to look after baby.
happy.gif

Btw, ladies, remember the mini washing machine? I think I will get one for baby's clothes.

Aqua, where to get the mini washing machine (the egg-shaped one, rite?)? Checked Best Denki but they don't carry.

Yes, it's yummy alright! *drool* Ok, going off to cook bee hoon now
happy.gif
Chat with you mummies after lunch!

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ginger</TD><TD>1/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>ginsengmum</TD><TD>2/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aquarius_888</TD><TD>3/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinky</TD><TD>4/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Msn_queen</TD><TD>5/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlein</TD><TD>7/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>8/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>8/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kate</TD><TD>9/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas</TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phyllis</TD><TD>11/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>janey</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mabel</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Loke</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>Van</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>berrymum</TD><TD>13/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC / Mt A (TBC) </TD></TR><TR><TD>tinkie</TD><TD>15/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>AletheaT</TD><TD>15/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesky</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD>16/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>icylemon</TD><TD>17/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leeann</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>rin</TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiebebe</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr CK Chow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>firstbaby</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chua Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yingzi</TD><TD>18/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>20/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>iceblue</TD><TD>21/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cindy</TD><TD>22/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HY Ang</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sugarbean</TD><TD>23/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Tan WT</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluegrapes</TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherl</TD><TD>26/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>dressaholic</TD><TD>27/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby_milk</TD><TD>28/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SC Quek</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Woo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Total expected bundles of joy:

Princes: <font color="0000ff">11</font>
Princesses: <font color="ff0000">6</font> (with 1 more to be confirmed!)

zenn i dun know whether now i can eat confinement food or not leh. scare they put alot of ginger.

aquarius i heard neo garden de catering not bad. i tried their buffet before. their yang chow fried rice &amp; curry chicken very nice.

bluegrapes &amp; aquarius i oso dun know how i hurt myself de. but pain lor. tml seeing gynar le. must tell him.

alethea per bb after sub ard $650 ah.. hmm.. Y not get a maid? $2.3K for a CL to take care of twins consider very resonable. my colleague who gave birth during this year CNY paid $2.5K for a bb only.

mummies i m not getting CL leh. but will love to seek ur advices. my mum will help me to cook. she will come in the morning to prepare my lunch &amp; dinner. but bb, i will take care by myself. wat do you think? izzit ok? my mum cant help me the whole day coz she needs to work. most likely she will stay until early morning then she will go to work.

aquarius i had KFC for lunch. heeheehee....

Back