(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Btw...for those mummies who r stil gifin yr bbs "dessert" bm...pls b careful...when I pumped out my bm after 5 days last time...the taste was bad!!!...luckily I tasted it b4 gifin it to Cae...my fren oso told me tat her bm smelt bad after 7 days w/o pumpin...

i hate this! fully transit to kate and now she kena constipation..think i have to look for another FM liao... any recommendation from any mommies whose bb kena constipation from gain IQ then switch to another fm with ok results...

Lil, getting a maid soon? My 2nd day of training failed. Kate refuses to sleep, and walk out of the room, play with the switches (HDB switches are near floor level), etc. In the end still dump her back to crampy little cot... and I dont want to wait till she tired herself out cos its 11 and I got to work today! Any advice? Kate also very clingy to me nowadays..even while she play on her own I must be next to her...

Tan SL, envious then try loh! :p for me i still need to persuade hb
sad.gif

shihui, if moo moo, then very fast one... my colleague can start in april/june ahhahaha...

gan..ahaha.. pp also ask if kate is boy or gal, though she is wearing pink dress and pink cardigan... so i guess hayley no constipation... lucky u...

kimi, u r wrong..u ask around, many of us will tell u working hours easier ..ahahahah.. i also got no car..luckily live near mrt station.. that day went pggl, then from pggl go west coast (FIL lah... insist we go back)... then hb was complaining said its impossible to travel with the brat w/o a car.. so i told him 'we are doing it now what' ahahhaha... so i guess we will see u with a twin stroller soon? :p since dr ang got ur history he might be more careful next time...

fizz.. got a bp for the asus laptop at BP thread leh... maybe u get that? :p

Bloom...

I hv some frens whose bbs become constipated when they drink Similac...so they switched to Enfa...n the pblm eased...as Gain IQ is a progression of Similac...u may wanna try Enfagrow...I like Enfa as their powder is much finer...n easier to dissolve...

Cae oso like to play wif poke his fingers into electrical sockets...aiyo...I nid to childproof all open sockets...

Yah...hvg been a SAHM mum for 5 mths...(even wif a maid)...I find tat workin life is easier...haizzz...but if I really cannot tahan my present job...I may resort to bein a SAHM temporarily again...

Hmmm...wat is asus laptop huh???...I tot of orderin a Dell...any recommendations...

mummies,
any of ur bbs previously taking NAN 2 and now taking Dumex Mamil Gold? any change in the stools? ethan's stools become less smelly leh... and change colour oso... dunno its a good or bad thing... btw, ethan kena fake measles...
sad.gif
so poor thing... got to wear long sleeves n long pants even tho the weather is warm... see liao oso heartpain...
sad.gif
still no appetite... dun wanna imagine how much weight he has lost... haiz... can see his rib cage sticking out liao... really heartpain...
kao_cry.gif

bloom, thank God tim only crawl to my bed when he wakes up in the middle of the night. my room is made up of 2 bedrooms so he's at the other end of the room. so far ok, he doesn't roam around the house. you try out the play yard first. is kate having a hard time wif poo poo or is she just doing it every other day? constipation is having a difficult tie trying to poo not that everyone has to poo everyday. some ppl only poo once to twice a week. agree wif fizz that enfa series is finer and generally lesser cause lesser constipation. i also give tim more diluted milk as it is heaty and can cause phelgm. so every time i make milk, its one scoop lesser.

fizz, tim also same. play wif sockets and switches. but i din childproof my place, just follow him closely and teach him. will smack his hand if he touches. he knows after a while and will tell you no-no by swaying his hand when he's near. but there'll be times he forget la!

bobianah, only setback of 2nd prgnancy is having another to deal wif. cannot rest and sleep as much. but its all worth it.
happy.gif
just enjoy as much as you can! hey, i have a fren who has 2 babies within the same yr, ie, one in jan and one in dec! yr body wil adjust. just rest well after the 2nd one.
happy.gif
you'll be fine.

zion, you find his poo less smelly? tim's poo is super smelly esp when he eats fish! yucks! so hor, i think its their diet, not the fm. tim has been on dumex since birth, hasn't change him yet. he's still on step 2 now. wat?! fake measles? take care. dun worry abt the weight, he'll put on after. i know heartpain la, but cannot help.

Hello mummies

Back to work today finally!!!JT is with my cousin for the 1st day today... hopefully she'll eat when she is there.

Kimi
I really peifu you.... JT is acting up and refusing food again... last week, both me and hubby feed until we both lost our temper at her... I really peifu how you can do it alone and preggie somemore...
You sound so poor thing... next time you have no lunch, let me know... I'll ta pao something and bring to you lah.... as long as I got no class... aiyo.. preggie and no food is very ke lian one... you let me know okie??

afcai
Yeah... JT can walk continuously for 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours in the evening.... she'll take and grab anything that she can get hold of so its really tiring looking after her... but its still ok lah.. its more tiring trying to get her to eat!!

Karen P
So you are the 4th preggie mummy!! Take good care!!

dora,
aiyooooo u so nice. u wanna tabao all e way fr yew tee 2 sembawang???? now we order tingkat so dun need 2 tabao liao.
happy.gif
thx wor! *muack*

ur JT really energizer bunny man! walk soooooooooo much???????

gd luck! hope JT will b guai guai w ur cousin. so if she's alrite u'll go fulltime at e poly? den no more auntie shopping le.
sad.gif

zion,
sayang ethan, hope he gets well soon.
sad.gif

fizz,
u haf prob w ur present job?

bloom, fizz,
perhaps i'm diff. hahaha... i dun like to work outside. like working 4 other ppl, not much sense o fufillment. w mandy, at least i can admire her everyday n gif myself a pat on e back, noeing tt watever effort i put into her is worthwhile.
happy.gif

starluster,
wah!!!!!!!!!! 6 kids???? u really garang leh! even 4 kids oso v siong leh! dun pei fu me. when it happens to u, u will b able to do it too. it's lidat lah. u wan 4 leh!!! better b prepared wor!
biggrin.gif

Fizz,
true true, bm turn sour taste when I tried my own too cos I dun find any fishy smell liao. the color is also unusal too. for me, I have also been a SAHM mum for 4 mths too. tx is a difficult bb with colicy fr 3.5mth -6mth follow by stranger anxiety. hai....but all these really build up my patient man.....

Bloom,
do kate drink much water? so far, tx have not on fully gain iq yet.

Dora,
wow, walk continuously for 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours in the evening. gd exercise wor...dun she feel tired??

for me, we also lost our temper when trying to feed tx with milk. for feeding her solid no problem.

hwee,
same same, tx's poos is not only smell but fishy sour smell man....nearly faint when change her. the whole rm will smell of poo. my mum complain that ever since I changed to gain iq (she still not fully on gain iq yet cos I still got few tins of nan 2 to clear), her poos smell. I told her that it is not and she asked me not to give gain iq, continue to give nan 2 or 3.

ai-yo, my mum opp, will tend to put in one more scoop saying that this way, tx will be fuller. I told her fm heaty and cannot do that but.....hai...

wow, yr frenz gd wor...has 2 babies within the same yr man....looking after 1 bb also make one tired one and also just recover fr labour fears only, she still can cope with it...bravo man...

zion,
hopwe ethan get well soon.so how is he now? his appetite ok?? wondering what is the cause of fake measles?

kimi
it's ok lah, its not tat far mah... i fully understand the misery of a preggie... and the frustration to manage a picky eater...hehehe and treat it as an outing for JT which she absolutely loves!!... and also to let JT walk around your house and to mess up your place instead of mine hehehehe... yeah lor I also dunno why she got so much energy when she drinks so little milk and eat so little solids!!! and now she is refusing to take her morning nap... will cry when I put her to bed in the morning... but if she doesn't take her morning nap, she'll be so tired and grouchy during lunch time and she will refuse food totally..... haiz... last nite hubby and I were wondering how did she reach 1 year old?? I mean it takes a miracle for tat to happen... fighting food and milk for 5mth so how did she grow? Actually she didn't put on wt, just became taller... but you see the amt of exercise that she do everyday, how to put on wt with that miserable amt of food she eats everyday??!

Afcai
She won't feel tired one lor... she might sit down and explore something that she found... and 5 min later will get up and walk around to find something else to play with. If not she likes to play peek-a-boo hiding behind the wall, like those Bollywood movie emerging from behind a tree.. faintz...haven't had a chance to catch this on video...but its rather hilarious!! THis girl hor... so playful!!
JT has both milk and solids problem... she will only happily take my BM and nothing else... but I've given up on the milk issue since as they are older now, the reliance on milk is not as much if she is wiling to eat other food... so she drinks whatever miserable amt of BM that I have...
Fake measles are caused by viruses... just like normal measles

Zion
Sorry, missed your posting just now. Poor ethan hope he recovers soon... I know the heartache of seeing a skinny baby... dun worry he'll put on wt after he recovers...

hi dora,
ai-yo, madeleine also does the bollywood thing. now she has a new move on top of the bollywood dance move, she will lower her body n shake a head to imitate us looking for her. but the way she does it, it looks like she's doing the lion dance.
biggrin.gif

i really admire ur patience with jt. i spend 45 min feeding 1 of made's meals each day n i already feel i'm going crazy. i brought her to holiday in sentosa around xmas. i cannot cook her porridge so i tried feeding her other things. feed her cereals she dun want. feed her bottled food she dun want. tried giving her bread she also dun want. only wants her porridge, must be that temperature n that consistency. too coarse dun want, too diluted dun want. dun want to try fruits too. yday, i tried giving her another type of biscuits fr pigeon to try. i mix the new biscuits with her gerber stars. she took 2 pigeon biscuits, decided that she din like them, so she picked out all the pigeon biscuits n pass them to me, then happily ate the stars herself. argh!

star,
u want 6 kids! i kowtow to u liao! i hv 1 only n i feel very tired everyday liao.

zion,
hope ethan recovers soon. madeleine had fake measles before too. it's very worrying when their fever goes sky high.

fizz,
from what i know, dell laptops dun get good reviews.

afcai,
so sorry to scare u, but that's what this forum is for. it's for us to learn fr each other n hv other pple point out our blind spots, which we all hv.

3 wks of nappy rash is very abnormal, n u r talking abt skin that's peeling n the underlying skin is still red n swollen. i think there's a good chance the problem is not a simple one of nappy rash.

madeleine had fungal infection b4. it was when she first moved to L size diapers. that packet of diapers happened to be stored for a long time n i think the diapers introduced fungus to her bum. it started out as a small, angry, red cluster on her private area. we used drapolene n desitin, they reduced the redness but not the itch nor the spread. after 2 days, we brought her to the pd liao. the doc said it was fungus n gave us anti-fungal cream. the itch disappeared almost immediately but the redness only truly went away after a wk.

pls do bring tx to see a doc instead of using dettol to wash her bum. dettol might be anti-bacterial, but what she has may not be a problem of hving bacteria. n what's more, dettol hurts on all open wounds n her bum is peeling. i remembered u had episiotomy n u used dettol to wash ur wounds also right? i remembered u said it was painful. tx still a has very thin skin at this age, i think the dettol will be even more painful for her!

when a bb is not feeling well, it's normal that they dun drink n eat as well. i think, like u blog, that tx is really itching badly, so she's a lot more cranky. try to be understanding lor n ask ur hb to be understanding too. it tests our patience when they r cranky, but we r the adults, they r the children. we know how to control our emotions whereas they still dun. until her rash disappears, maybe u can make her less milk so u wun feel so heartpain. but pls dun take away her security hankie. she's already feeling vulnerable fr the itch n pain in the bum, the least we can do as parents is to make her feel secure that she has our understanding n support at this pt in time.

i dun use powder on madeleine for the reason that dora cited. but if ur mum is still insistent on using powder, there is the option of talc free powder. they r more expensive than normal powder, but if i were in ur shoes, i will rather spend a bit more money n be assured that i'm doing my best not to increase her risk of uterine cancer.

Kimi
I use seahorse mattresses. 1 normal sized single plus another made to measure to fit into the gap between mattress n wall so tat the whole floor covered. E v bad tosser. Can roll over the whole surface.

Bloom
Do you wait in the room with Kate until she sleeps b4 you leave? I also dunno what you can do leh besides using the childsafe switch cover, then at night taking her into the room, close the door, turning off the lights and try to make her lie down. My boy also like that, everynight 10+ I will drag him into the room, close door dim lights and make him lie down, hug his pillow n pat pat him. He will always get up again to walk around or bang at the door. After a while I will make him lie down again n just keep doing that until he is willing to sleep. Maybe the first few times you have to wait till she is really sleepy first. Now maybe she's doesn't fully understand that she is supposed to go to sleep there yet.

Dora
E is also like tat leh...can just walk around the house in circles for hours, touching this n that asking me to tell him about the item. Then this boy always wants to hold my hand when he is doing the house tour. So I have to walk around with him. So sian.

Starluster
Wow...6??? My hb initially wanted at least 3 but now after experiencing how tough it is with just 1, he said just have another enuff liao
happy.gif

dora,
u're so sweet lah.
happy.gif
u v poor ting leh. at least mandy can drink fresh milk. she's grown much chubbier ever since she started on fresh milk... but erm, like nv grow taller.
biggrin.gif

nvm lah. since she's so energetic n cheerful, means she's fine n healthy. n her devt din lack behind, in fact, she's q a fast developer. so dun need to worry. me n hubby tokked bt it e other day. we just take it tt we can save money on her food since she eats so little... hehehe

i'm much better now. tink passed my MS peak. *cross finger* but still haf chunks o work 2 b done ard e hse. i just can't seem to do anything extra besides looking after mandy... all e backlog..
sad.gif

dora, och,
aiyo so cute leh JT n made. will do bollywood + lion dance. hahahaha..... i'm totally enjoying my time w mandy now. tink at this age, they're soooooooooo fun n adorable. 2day mandy crawled to me n kissed m 5 times on e lips wor. n she'll always gif tt shy shy sweet sweet smile. aiyoooo... i feel so loved...

poor hubby so jealous. during his hols mandy was super clingy to him, din wan me cos i had such bad MS i din spend much time w her. now she bo chap hubby. hubby v sad. e 1st time he din get to feed her in e morning, he told me he missed it. he missed e bonding. awwwwwwww.... so being a SAHM oso has its advantage.
happy.gif

feeding har. 2day i was so tired i just handed mandy one piece o bread to self feed. i sat in front o her n act fell asleep. she kept shouting at me to wake me up...
lol.gif

lil,
oic. there's no space 4 mandy to sleep beside our bed. so she def wld be able 2 roll onto e hard floor no matter wat mattress it is. anyway, she'll b in another rm.

afcai,
i read ur blog too. in fact i read everybody's blogs. to b frank, after reading ur blog, i was upset for e whole day. i felt tt TX is such a poor ting. i noe u n i haf vastly different parenting styles so usu i dun wanna comment. i tot v long n hard bt tis n felt i can't not say anything.

i'm nt trying 2 b imposing or 2 say i'm a superior parent. u haf ur mtds n i respect tt. may i just suggest u take some time to tink bt wat i post here? mb it'll help.

imagine YOUR OWN pte area is v sore n e skin is coming off. u wear an underwear tt u urself is not capable o taking off. it's been sore for weeks. sitting, moving ard is a chore. wld u get urself to a doc?? i tink u wld since i read tt u had a sore throat tt wldn't heal n u did go c a doc.

den imagine tt bcos o e pain, u can't sit v well during ur meals n u're feeling so irritated u can't eat well. u just wanna b free n stand n move ard so tt ur pte area won't itch so much. but e person u love most (say ur hubby) got angry w u instead. scolded u n forced u to finish ur food. u're already in such pain. u r crying n trying 2 let him noe ur pain n u wonder y ur loved one is so harsh on u instead.

den, u wanted to sleep. u r used to sleeping on ur comfy pillow n blanket. they make u feel safe. but ur hubby, to 'punish' u for not finishing up wat little food was left, took away ur pillow n blanket. ur other loved one (say ur mum) din comfort u either and was instead pissed w u and went away to sleep herself. u r left alone to cry, w no comfort from e people u love, w pain and itch tt's been there forever, w scares from e scoldings n e force feedings and insecurity w/o ur security object.

u haf no means to explain to ur loved ones. they dun understand ur words n they dun listen to u. u can't climb over e small enclosed area they put u in. so u just cry until u're too tired and fall asleep.

imagine tt happened to u. how wld u feel?? i'm just trying to put e ting in another perspective. i feel sad just tinking how TX might haf felt. if i were her, i'd probably feel v hurt, unloved and confused.

to not finish food is perfectly normal for bbs. esp when u urself noe e reason for it. in ur entire life, haf u always finished watever food tt's place in front o u, even if it's place by others? when u're sick, having bad MS, in pain?? force feeding wld only traumatise our bbs n lead to bad eating habits.

n to spend up to an HOUR or MORE for every feeding... many of us went thru tt. to b stressed fr work or lack o sleep etc while taking care o our bbs. WE ALL go thru tt. personally, whenever i read bt TX, i feel she's such a darling, so guai, so pretty and so smart too. allow me to say tt u're v fortunate to haf such a bb. tt's y my heart went out to her when i read bout how she's treated.

i noe i might b annoying. but mb just try... try to consider her feelings a little more. tink if u were her, how wld u feel...

ladies
Thanks for all the congrates.

kimi
wow....1 day 1 nite ah...i am so touched.
happy.gif
yah, it just happen that i didnt login during the 1D1N that u waited for me. sorry ya. ya, i have fresh blood spotting. now just occassional spotting. already avoid darren as much as possible. even gonna bring my indonesian maid along with me to KL this CNY, really burnt a hole in my pocket with all the passport, visa, air ticket expenses etc.

Bloom
I am a SAHM. so no MC.
happy.gif

hi all...
good news... ethan has recovered from fake measles and has regained his appetite... hooray... yest he had 2 meals of porridge whereby he finished 1 whole bowl of it... yeah... but he still dun wanna go hm...
sad.gif
had been staying overnight at mil hse for more than 1 week liao... miss him so much...

Hi Zion

Poor Ethan...n poor u...try not to b too stressed over the wt loss...but I noe tat it can b difficult...when Cae hd his bout of stomach flu...he lost 400gms in 5 days...but I kept my cool...takin it as part n parcel of growin up...in the process...I made sure tat he took his med diligently...hd enuff fluids...n gave him nutritious meals after his appetite returns...the gd tink which came out of his stomach flu...he eats n drinks much better after tat...thank God!!!

Dora...

Howz JT's first day wif yr cousin...

Cae oso has tonnes of energy...he wil walk, sit climb, walk, sit, climb...I get tired b4 he does...

Aiya...JT can reach 1yo cos she has a wonderful mummy mah...

Kimi...

I jus dun like the industry of my current job...btw...I switched industry...Im in sales...but I find tat tis industry doesnt req much sellin...jus quote quote quote...waste of my sellin skills...n so much restrictions in going out to meet my customers...itz jus f#@$ up!!!...

Afcai...

Howz TX's nappy rash...my MIL n maid oso hv those thinkin tat powder is gd for Cae's bum bum n testicles...n my hb likes to listen to his mum...I prefer to use nappy rash cream tho...on a necessary basis oni...

When Cae was not feelin well...I dun really force him to eat...even now...Im thankful tat he is eatin better than the time when he rejected milk n puked food...on hindsight...it may b his reflux which was causin him to behave in tis way...Im a bad mummy...subjected him to 7 mths of discomfort w/o realisin tat he might hv reflux...but I brot him to many pds oredi...it was oni the last pd tat we saw who suspected tat he might hv reflux...in any case...now tat his feedin has improved...I dun force him to finish watever leftover...

Och...

Made can do bollywood dancin...hee...she is so cute...

Cae loves biscuits...when I tell him tat therez no more biscuits in his container...he wil do a "no more" sign wif his hands, sit down n cry...very funny...

Really ah...Dell has unfavorable feedback ah...

Kimi...

Cae is oso so sweet now...when therez no more biscuits in his container...he sat down n cried...so I carried him to my rm n gave him the gerber stars container...he held the container n gave me a kiss on the lips...sometimes...when I carry him to sleep...he wil oso look at me in the eyes n give me a few kisses...kekeke...

fizz, kate was trying to pull out the electrical plugs of the fan and mosquitoe repellent from the socket..ahhaha.. i got some sample of nan 3,..maybe try those first... but only 2 sachets..argh.they are so stingy! asus is a brand. now they got this laptop that has minimal requirements (linux) that they are selling for i think $500+. i got a colleague last time ordered a dell and it broke down within 1 month ahahah...

zion, fake measles got to cover up ah? i never know that... good that ethan had recovered..but why doesnt he want to go home?

hwee, kate used to poo at least once a day..now no more..and she always gek.... nanny is giving her less fm powder too but my gal is so small size liao giving her less powder means less calories for growth..
sad.gif

dora, so how is jt with ur cousin yest? hahaha. i think jt is active like kate... ahahahha :p

kimi, yes not much fulfillment, but definitely less tiring...ur hb really loves mandy alot... so good...

starluster.. u lucky ur hb is sppting ur quest for 4-6 kids and adopted ones whatsmore! my hb got those they-are-not-my-flesh-and-blood mentality... siannn

afcai. see her mood..nmow she phew out water to play.... since tx loves solid so much might as well cut down on fm and feed her more solid? cos they are toddlers liao no need to depend on fm so much

och..ahhaa u and ur hb lower ur body to look for madeleine? cos u guys are too tall? :p :p :p she is really very smart..will know that picking out the pigeon biscuits will make her 'eating life' easier (xian ku hou tian)....

lil, i tried with stay with her till she sleep, but she still wana explore... yest tried from 11-11.30 , in the end give up throw her into bb cot again..ahahah how does Ewan tell u that he wans u to explain abt that item? he is very smart leh.. i want to tell kate abt an item she jus ignore me and move on ....not intersted in learning at all..

karen p, o i c... then like that who is helping u during daytime.?

mommies who are converting their bbs from sleeping in cot to single bed...search the forum and one mommy said she got waterproof mattress protector from courts..went there yest no stock so place order they will be bringing it in... brand name osteocare.. $19+... kimi and other mommies in NW line..lemme know if u wan me to help u to buy when stock comes in then pass to u at my usual office-home timing.... letting u mommies know cos i find it so difficult to find reasonably-priced waterproof mattress protector for single bed

Bloom...

Y do u nid waterproof protector...r u toilet trainin Kate...I hv tis impression tat waterproof tingy wil be very warm...cos bu tong feng...

kimi
your MS peak passed liao? I'm so envious!!! I just puked this morning...
sad.gif
sad.gif
I can't wait for MS to be over....

och, dora,
keke! bollywood dance? so cute!
happy.gif
hannah oso likes so shake her body whenever she hears music ever since she could sit up well. Sometimes it's almost as if she has no control over it and cannot help shaking! It's so funny! We can walk past a shop playing music and she'd do her shake shake.

hwee
wah, one in Jan one in Dec!!! My goodness! I oso have one fren whose bbs are like just 13mths apart. really pei fu her cos her #1 had a hole in the heart and had to undergo surgeries... dunno how she coped. Anyway, now her bois are like 6,7 y.o. liao.
So how? You gg back to aquaducks? I think we start this Sunday.

Starluster,
yah, big family is fun...but nowadays, so expensive to raise a child...I wonder how the older generation coped in the past with so many kids...not just financially, but the physical exhaustion!! :p

Lil
no la, i dun think your ewan is more "difficult" to look after than many of the other bbs here la. My hannah oso, till now still wake up like twice or so a nite. Just cry cry, not even for feed. Hb and I take turns to attend to her lor. wat to do? But now that I preggie, my hb does more of the getting up. :p Sometimes we oso wonder how we will cope with 2, but i'm sure we'll find the strength somewhere. Also, we think at least at one shot, we get it all over and done with! No need to split the sleepless nites into 2 installments! hahahaha!

Karen,
did u have spotting with ur 1st pregnancy? U take care hor...

Shihui
hope u get your wish for a 2009 bb!
happy.gif

zion, good to know ethan is ine.
happy.gif

bloom, one scoop less fm is ok la. as long as kate is drinking and taking her solids. just dun wan her to constipate. very poor thing. like fizz says, why need to find water proof mattress protector for single bed? its a little too early to train them for nite dryness right? i buy mine small pc tho, from Robinsons. think 2 pcs will cover a single size bed. its $20 per pc, i think...

fizz, cae is sooo sweet! on wt loss, ya, heart pain but they'll put on. tim has lost some wt before and finally now putting on liao. it takes more than double the time to put on wat they lose. but to see them eating well and playing is good enuf liao.
happy.gif

dora, how's jt with your cousin?

lil, guess all kids will roll and toss all over when sleeping. sometimes i'll hear this 'kok' and i know tim has rolled off his mattress onto the floor. :p

bobianah, take care. try to space out yr meals and eat lesser. heard it helps MS. just spoke to aquaducks, sun 3.30 class full. only have slots coming up in march or so. we'll see.
happy.gif
you not bad huh, still have all this energy to do so many things.
happy.gif

aiyohh.. let me clarify... the 4+2 is a naive young gal's dream. a decade older and 'wiser' i don't entertain that thot anymore. plus i mention if i have the means & (heaps of) help la... i just take care of the fun part, the loving them part. The feeding problems, the sleeping problem etc.. other ppl take care. hehehe. :p :p

bloom,
sophia oso kana constipation from Gain IQ. Initially while still on mix (Enfalac + Gain), still poo poo once a day, now on full Gain... she kana constipation for 2 days liao. We did progress to Enfagrow initially but she didnt seem to like the taste much. Drank better with Gain. hehe.. we both in the same shoes.. i oso not comfy with giving less fm powder coz sophia already so small sized. Dunno whether to try another brand anot or monitor first. U trying out another brand now?

dora,
ya.. how is JT with your cousin? I am oso toyin w the idea of putting sophia in a childcare maybe in Q3. I sortof feel that my mum is starting to feel burnt out taking care of sophia all these while.

och,
liondance? made's all geared up for CNY liao
happy.gif
hehehe..

bobianah,
*pat pat* i hate MS too!

hwee,
hehehe... the 'kok' sound followed by crying sound?? i bought those cheap ABC foam mat to surround sophia's mattress. at least it will be a muted 'kok'. :b

TanSL,
This morn browsed both your blog. Nat have grown so much since I first (and last :p) saw her!! She looks so much like a toddler now. So sweet looking wor!

Kimi,
Browsed your blog too.. [hehe.. today a bit free ;)] sophia was initially afraid of our christmas tree as well! but didnt cry.. just look from a distance away or turn away when we carry her near the tree. took some coaxing before she dare touch it. same with rugs/floor mat.. she wouldnt dare crawl on it if it got different texture. she will feel feel with her fingers for a couple of days first.. until she is comfy with it..then she dare crawl over it. hehee.. so initialy quite easy to prevent her from gg to the kitchen/bathroom. just put out different floor mat everytime. but now, she already know all our floormat types liao. oh, hubby bought her the fp rocking horse, and she was terrified of it. took about 2 weeks before she dare go near the horse! quite timid la this gal.. but once she is ok w it, then she is very very chor lor. is mandy timid? i know she takes time to warm up to her surrounding. aside from the tree, is there any other thing she's afraid of?

starluster, if i'm any younger would love to have 4.
happy.gif
anyway, some nights the 'kok' sound does not follow by crying. it depends how soundly asleep he is. but mummy sure wake up and carry him back to position.
happy.gif
aiyo, my boy ah, not afraid of anything. everything also go see see touch touch. sigh! brot him to cinema so worried he'll be terrified of the loud sound but hor, he wasn't. and heng ah, he can still sleep halfway thru the movie.
happy.gif

bloom,
during these period when he is sick, he super dey, wan ppl to sayang him... then mil was looking after him most of the time mah... cos i working... so he super clingy to my mil lor... so even till now he recovered liao still cling to her lor... every night when he knows its supposed to be going hm time he wun wan me or hb to carry him lor... scared later we bring him hm cannot see ah ma liao... haiz... got once he forgot then i carry him till downstairs then he got the "uh oh, going hm liao ar???" look... then he look here look there cannot see ah ma nia he cry... think its his separation anxiety phase...

bobianah,
hey... sama sama... ethan oso like to shake upon hearing music... esp his fav one... nowadays his fav music is the one in the cold storage commercial... he will stop watever he is doing n shake when he hears the music... hee... so cute...

Mummies
Survived one night alone with E. 3 more b4 hb comes home. Yeah.

Bloom
How he tells us ahh? He points to a picture or a thing, will look at us and call us (with his eh eh) for attention. After we tell him about it he will smile smile and move on. Sometimes I m so sian of telling him the same thing again n again so I just pretend to ignore him. He gets upset one leh. Then after I tell him what it is he becomes happy again. So demanding.

Bobianah
Same same...wake up not for feed but just for some attention nia. Maybe I feel that it's difficult cos I have to look after him 24/7 with no break. Haven't had a chance to pak tor alone with my hb since preggie
sad.gif
That's why decided we need some help.

Kimi
Our master bedroom also no floor space. Baby and I are sleeping in the baby room while hb sleeping alone in master bedroom. Sad right!

lil,
aiyo, u n hubby sleep seperately??
sad.gif

tok bt pak tor, i oso haven't pak tor-ed w hubby since mandy's birth. where got time n chance?

starluster,
yes yes! finally found another timid bb.
happy.gif
mandy is timid lah. or rather, shld i say she's cautious? she oso doesn't approach new toys immediately. tt time i showed her a new toy, she sat far far away, kept staring at it. n she moved like a few steps every 5 min o so. i'm not kidding... finally after a long long time, she reached e toy n touched it apprehensively. aiyooooo... i've this ball w a bell inside. she was terrified o it 4 q a while. so she n sophia sama sama lah... hehehehe..

fizz,
i tink mandy's in e kissing phase. she keeps kissing e mirror. tink she dunno she's kissing her own reflection! hahahaha

oh i managed to get a video o her kissing e mirror. but my mirror nt v clean tho! hehehe..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVG6wwvo97g

Hello mummies

JT was ok with my cousin yesterday. My cousin is a childcare professional so she had no problems taking care of her. JT has no separation anxiety... she won't miss me one hahaha... but the magical thing is that my cousin managed to get her to eat her lunch w/o much fuss. She said we have to try to keep a straight face whenever she throws things off the high chair and ignore her... but this girl hor... when we went there during the dinner, even when my cousin feed her, her pattern came back again.... haiz... aiyo this girl hor... but my cousin say we have to slowly train her to eat... but she definitely dun wan mushy food liao...
But the magical thing is that today she ate her lunch and dinner w/o much fuss. She actually ate 1 whole bowl of rice+veg+ground beef...in 20min!! I put in some soup to make the rice wetter... she seems to like this combi... hopefully I've found the answer to my girl's eating problem... My cousin feels that JT is ready for childcare, and in fact she will do well there cos she likes to interact with people.

Bloom
Have you tried feeding Kate sweet potatoes? Everytime JT has constipation, I'll feed her sweet potato, the next day she sure poo one... so now I feed her sweet potato on a regular basis.

Lil
Jia you Jia You!!

Och
Aiyo dun say that lah.. you also did so much for Made... every mother would be able to do the same if they were in my shoes, although I really dun wish anyone to be in my shoes
Hehehe.. another bollywood dancer.. let's put the 2 girls together and do a bollywood video hee hee hee
happy.gif

JT also did something similar... if you read my blog, Hubby put her fav HT teddy puff and rice ball side by side... she ate the teddy puff, then took the rice ball and threw it on the floor... then she laughed!! Alamak!!

Starluster
Yah Yah Yah... actually if there's someone to help me... I want to have a 2nd one... but there's absolutely no one to help me.... so cannot lor...

Kimi
Good to know that your MS is better. I know fresh milk will fatten babies... too bad JT can't drink that lor... but like I said previously, its ok if she is skinny as long as she eats well.

Bobianah
Aiyo... take good care... must eat regular meals... you still have the time to bring hannah to so many classes with all these discomforts... really peifu you!!

Fizz
You are also a wonderful mum mah... I know Cae also not easy to take care one...

haiz... looks like im the worst mum here... i still have time to go pak tor with hb, but with prior approval from mil lah since she is the one looking after ethan... i admit ethan is quite easy to look after... but sometimes i really dun understand wat he wanna say... i dun have to cook his meals unless mil goes "on leave" lah... hee... even tho dat sometimes i dun even know his habit and schedule... cos im so comfortable with mil looking after him dat sometimes i dun bother to ask... i can even look after him till he fall sick... no wonder he dun wanna go hm lor...
sad.gif
think i shld juz let mil take care of him 24/7 and concentrate on my work... haiz...

fizz, hwee, not toilet training kate, but she like to sleep child-pose (face down then butt in the air) so alot of times urine leak from the front waistline of her diaper cos waist cannot be too tight else tummy constricted mah... thats why i dunwana do pvc cover for the single bed cos bu tong feng...

bobianah, u see nowadays those big malay familes also can cope with many kids..u will need to train the older kids to jagar the younger ones... and close one eye of course :p

starluster, ahahha..last time my dream is 4 kids... :p i am now trying 1/2 scoop of nan 3 with 2 scoops gain IQ (for 5 oz) cos got 2 sachets of sample.if better i might swtich her to nan 3..though %wise less nutrients but i guess 'better' cos 1 scoop less means 20% less nutrients!

zion... so sad.. guess u have to warm ethan up first before u can bring him back again...

Lil.ahahah..at least he got a thirst for knowledge.. stupid govt's 'smart' plan of having small bedrooms is separating couples and causing them to have less children.. they reap what they sow! :p

kimi, sometimes cautious is good too, kate sometimes duno danger anyhow jump and climb..fall off the sofa a few times liao. hahaha..mandy so cute keep kissing herself...

dora..ahah..so JT bully parents lah..i think alot of kids are like that... maybe will try sweet potato this weekend..thanks! so rice is wetter but less soft than before?

bloom, same same. tim sleeps like a frog as i always say. but i think somehow his diaper is not so heavy during night time, so hopefully he'll be able to achieve night dryness soon. haha!

dora, good to know that jt is ok with yr cousin. ya, like bloom says, some kids bully parents. they are angels when parents are not around. yes, she's ready for childcare. for all you know all her eating habits will be straightened after she goes to childcare.
happy.gif

lil, huh? sleep separately? you so poor thing. really no place to squeeze in the mattress into your room? so poor thing. i bot a resale flat and the previous owner took down the walls between 2 bedrooms, so i have a very big master room. but on the down side, i only have 2 bedrooms. sigh! dunnow wat to do when the kids grow up. :p

hwee
mine oso resale and the previous owner oso connected 2 br, so i have a big master with a "walk-in-wardrobe" and downside is I only have one more bedrm and one study...so, i hope #2 is a girl, so can share room until they move out! haha!

bloom,
aiyoooo...cannot cannot...that's not close one eye, its close both eyes, ears, and act blur. i really ban bu dao! haha!

dora,
thanks. i take hannah to swim class ok one la...my hb get in the water lor. keke! Hannah likes swimming, so i no heart to stop...no energy oso must find from somewhere...usually comes in the form of my poor hb! heehee!

Lil,
I thot ur mum comes over to help you once in a while? maybe after u get a helper it will be better. anyway, pak tor will never be the same again...no time, no energy. hahahaha!

zion,
ya, they are very cute when they shake shake to music.
happy.gif
must remember all these moments....:p

bobianah, at least you still have yr study room, mine is already converted to dining room. so i technically stay in a 3-room flat! haha!

hwee,
me oso like Lil, sleep with bb separate from hb... oso no room for another mattress in master br... anyway, i have 3 br... so still ok... hee...

Hi Ladies,

I know its abit late.. but i just gotten the fotos from my photographer... Here are some shoots taken during Isabelle's birthday party almost 3 weeks back...

1187812.jpg

hanging decor

1187813.jpg

Balloons

Zion...

Give yrself n Ethan sometime...mabbe u can try to spend more time wif him alone first...like bondin in a shut rm wif yr mil outta sight...slowly u can try to bring him outta the hse wif jus the 2 of u or/n yr hb...but dun worry...kidz wil ultimately noe who r their parents when they grow up...jus tat it may b heartbreakin now...

Lil...

E is so cute...kekeke...Cae oso points at tinks n go "eh eh eh"...but he doesnt gif a hoot if u dun explain tinks to him...unless if u hv a biscuit in yr hand...

Yest I was feedin him wif a biscuit...hafway thru...I pretended to ignore him...he was pointin at the biscuit in my hand n eh-in...stil I looked away...after a while...he got fedup...he reached out fm his pram, beat my hand, made sure I turned n looked at him, pointed at the biscuit n "eh eh" at me...so funny teasin him...

Another day I oso irritated him...I kept coverin his eyes wif my hands while he was lookin ard in the lift...he pushed away my hand each time...after abt 5 times...he got pissed...he held my hand wif both his hands n gave me a big bite...och!!!...

Kimi...

Gd tat Mandy luvs herself mah...hehehe...Cae likes to kiss teddy bears n gals...hahaha...when I asked him to kiss his boy cousin...he din wan...when I asked him to kiss his gal cousin...he kissed her!!!...

Dora...

Gd tat JT is adaptin well...u can work in peace liao...some kids act up when their mummy is ard...there was a time when my maid asked her mdm...tatz me...to go upstairs while she was feedin Cae...cos he became diificult when I was ard...now okie liao...

Bloom...

Cae sometimes sleeps like tat too...maybe for boys...itz better...cos his birdie points downwards bah...

Hwee, Bobianah, Zion...

I oni hv 1 master br for hb n I...1 br for my dad...n 1 br for Cae which acts as a study oso...so no space for no 2 liao...

Connie...

Yr cake n decor is so fab...where did u get yr cake n Minnie costume for Isabelle...hmmm...I was oso tinkin of a Mickey theme for Cae next time...but I cant b hvg a bash every yr...pple wil oso get bored attendin a party every yr...haizzz...

Afcai...

Long time din c u here...u okie???!!!

Hi Mummies...

Me hvg flu again...sianzzz...tinkin of bring Cae to T3 to run abt tonite...

conniemummy, nice cake! nice dress!
happy.gif
and grand party!

fizz...oh no! take care! the weather is really bad. hey, dun use rooms as excuse for not having #2. hee hee.....

ya, afcai, you ok? is tx ok?

ok, quickly sneak in before I go off fr work.

Hi mummies
Just need some advice for the following:
1) How long do u take to use finish the nappy rash cream?
2) Anyone applying powder to bb's backside & p area or even the body?
3) Anyone scope up fm into container instead of directly scope it from the tin?
4) how long do u change yr toddler 's diaper?
5) do yr toddler suck finger to slp?

y'day, I washed the tin of fm cos I intended to open a new tin of fm and scope half of the fm into the other tins. when I wipe the water off the tin, wow, the tissue paper become a bit yellow color. the bottom and the rim of the tin rusty one.....ai-yo....

och
Thanks for the sharing the experience of yr gar.yuo, u are right, thks for remember that I did use dettol (with water) to wash the wounds.I Will be buying the Desitin cream for tx. her current nappy rash cream has been used since her birth cos my mum dun use it. I only use when she came bck over the wekeend. that's why the cream is so slow to finish.

on tue, I intended to bring tx to doc, my mum said the p area ok liao. when she changed tx's diaper before her bedtime, tx 's p area is not red anymore and it is kind of dry, 'crumble kind' and pink.

as for powder, my mum bought the bb version powder in watery form (pink lotion). she kept it in the fridge. yup, I have told my mum that it is not gd to use powder on her bum but .......hai....shake head..

Kimi/Och
thks and really appreciate your concerns abt tx. kimi- thks for quoting the example. yup, I have get hubby to read and even fwd the posting to his email abt this issues. Have told him that dun do that to tx esp take away her secure object (handikerchief). hubyb did told me that he wanted to discipine her and also to prevent her to suck her fingers (cos when she got her secure handi, she will have the habit of placing the 2 fingers into her mouth).

kimi
the video to mandy's kissing is so cute.

Dora
hmm..thks for the infor abt fake measel.

hmm..why not can't have no 2, send JT to child care ctr loh.

conniemummy
wow, yr birthday cake so nice.....can't bear to eat man...
smiling orchards food nice wor....my office most of the time order buffet from smiling orchards when there is a function but price not cheap wor.

zion
today is the 1 mth since I wean off bf. until now, I told myself that from 08 onwards, I will visit tx only on thrice per wk but I still can't do that.

anyway, how do u spend yr wkend with ethan?

hwee/fizz/conniemummy
recently, I'm very tired bec of coughing and a slight flu (after the sore throat) so get to slp earlier loh.also, been out of the office for meeting so no chance to sneak online.

tx 's bum and p area are are slightly far more better. pinkish, dry and crumble look. my mum will change the diaper every 3 hrs. she will change the diaper 1.5hr one of the times (meaning tx has bath at abt 0550pm and then she will change her diaper at 0730pm before she has her last feed of the day and then bedtime).

now, I have switched the NTUC brand (for her daytime) to pet pet (first time using it dunno if it is suitable). then night time at my mum'plc , she will use huggies dry. for my hse, I will give her huggies dry during day time and huggies dry comfort or mammy poko(sample) during night time. I also bought nepia diaper last week when there is promotion at ntuc. hope by using better quantitly diaper and also frequently change of diaper will not trigger to redness and swollen again.

also sometimes, I did use nappy cloth on tx but her bum quite fresh liao, the clothes cannot cover all.

bloom
how big is the waterproof mattress protector? wow, u can carry so many of them??

hwee, hahahwhen kids grow up u hire contractor to create the wall back :p

conniemummy, beautiful cake... she de cut meh?

zion, fizz is right..have to spend some time with ethan before he will stick back to u ....

fizz, u bully cae lah.... ahhaha...kate sleep lying on her tummy with butt up everynight! so accidents happen frequently...

afcai, ithink those tins are only meant for 1 time use so inferior material..cos i wash the tin too for recycling and they turn rusty too so long as they are in contact with water for a few hours. i thot its normal for them to suck fingers esp durnig teething? trhe waterproof mattress is single bed size loh... i duno how bulky it will be actually ..cos out of stock so i cannot see the exact szie..ahahhaa ..dont see me small small i can carry quite alot of things one :p

afcai

I use desitin original (purple box)when my ger is having rash because the zinc oxide content is 40%. The original cream is very thick and hard to wash off but extremely effective for nappy rash.

I use desitin creamy (blue box) for day to day use as the zinc oxide content is lower and the cream is more lotiony and easier to wash off. I personally don't like the idea of using too much chemicals on my baby's bum so I alternate it with california baby calendula cream for her diaper area.

as for your questions

1) Never quite take note. maybe a couple of months per tube.
2) No powder strictly is allowed near my baby
3) Only scoop out FM into plastic container when going out with baby
4) change every 3 hrs
5) nope, does not suck finger when going to sleep

Hi afcai,

1) A couple of mths I tink.
2) Only her neck and I use talc free powder
3) Nope. Only to container for going out like doggie
4) Max 3 hrs. Lesser if she drinks a lot.
5) Nope

Desitin original contains 40% zinc oxide & creamy version contains 10%. So the creamy is more for daily use while the original shld be for rashes.

I have the similar routine as Doggie, alternate with creamy, original & california bb calendula. Now that they are older, sometimes i dun put anything. But night time I will definately apply the creamy.

As for the milk powder, dun re-use the tin, if need to, use a airtight tupperware.

Dora ah,
I saw JT's video.... buay tahan!!! she's such a good ger!!! Can put her toys back properly in place!!! Can i send mine to you for training?

Bloom,
The protector is from courts ar? maybe i pop over to see, when they say stocks are coming in?

Gan,
Aiyoooo... i pop over to my SIL's house once a month (lesser if I can think of good excuses to get out of it). Sorry for the last minute intrusion, coz I saw Hayley at the door, so tot just pop by to hello coz she was smiling so happily at me.... I must say tat Hayley is really a very happy ger... always smiley!!!

fizz, i went to T3 last night, very big and nice!
happy.gif
new ma, so everything bright bright. but hor, i went not for leisure la, got to deliver something at midnight! sigh!

bloom, already started thinking 2 yrs ago when #1 was growing up. but never got down to do it. now seriously thinking but cannot find space to do it! haha! used to big room liao!

afcai, glad to know that tx is ok.
happy.gif

Just need some advice for the following:
1) How long do u take to use finish the nappy rash cream?
> dun monitor. but a few months per tube.
2) Anyone applying powder to bb's backside & p area or even the body?
> i only use powder on body
3) Anyone scope up fm into container instead of directly scope it from the tin?
>will scope from tin.
4) how long do u change yr toddler 's diaper?
>ard 3-4 hrs or when necessary
5) do yr toddler suck finger to slp?
> no. tim is sucking pacifier.

Bloom

Yah lor... she wants something harder, but at the same time wants moisture so she can chew.. but yesterday I cooked the rice a bit too hard she chew until gave up so only ate 1/2 bowl, which I am ok lah cos its rice mah.. but it shows how picky this girl is haiz....

Fizz
My cousin can only help me to take care of JT in the interim cos it's the middle of the poly semester so it'll be quite irresponsible for me to quit suddenly. She is a consultant for early childhood and childcare so her timing is flexible, but she definitely can't help me take care long term. So when the poly semester ends at the end of this month, I'll quit and take care of JT full time until she is old enough to go into childcare at 18mth.

Afcai
glad to hear that tx is better. Even if I put JT in childcare, I can't have no. 2 cos there'll be nobody to help me take care of no. 2, unless I be FT SAHM, which I don't think I am cut out to be... anyway, since I have to BF JT for the near future, can't think of pregnancy now anyway... will see the state of my health when I finally wean JT off... which I will be quite old already!!
JT also suck thumb to sleep. I know its a bad habit, but I only try to prevent her from doing it when she does it out of boredom in the day. Have to slowly wean her off it mah... its most difficult to change it during bed time... 1 step at a time lor...

Oh Calynn
she only does it when she feels like it... most of the time she will leave the toys lying around the floor one... you think she really so guai ah?! Errm... can lah, you put Megan in my place I train her to pick up toys... I put JT at your place, you train her to eat can???? Hee hee hee :p

fizz,
i heard that dell's reliability is not so great. hv u got ur laptop already?

bloom,
that time when u came, we rented those learning tables right? she would peek underneath n reach out to touch us fr under the tables, then when we peer under the table n pretended to look for the person who's touching us, she would be so thrilled. hee hee. after we returned the tables, she would peer under everything, under chairs lah, under the bed lah, n now, she had decided to imitate us pretending to look for her under the tables n chairs, but she looks like she's doing the lion dance. haha.

star,
hehehe. besides the lion dance, made also knows how to do gong xi gong xi. she's super geared up for cny liao.
lame.gif

dora, bobianah,
we can hv a dec babies bollywood video! so many babies who like to dance n groove to the music, n there's jt n made to do the tree thing.
biggrin.gif

afcai,
glad to hear that tx's diaper area is recovering. hope she can make a full recovery. i'm not familiar with powder, since made dun use any, but since our babies r being taken care of by others in the day, it's sometimes difficult to insist on hving our way all the time. if ur mum insist on powder, u can always choose the powder that u think will be most suitable for tx.

ur hb may hv multiple reasons for taking away the security hankie, but 对事不对人. if he's angry about her feeding habits, he can choose to discipline her at the high chair. Reasoning or disciplining abt a past event when an adult is tired and ready to fall asleep is almost never effective, n tx is not even an adult yet.

1) dun put any creams on her unless her bum is red.
2) strictly no powder anywhere.
3) only time fm is in container is when we r going out. fm taken out will not be put back into tin.
4) at most 3hrs in the day.
5) due to her surgeries, she's not allowed to suck either fingers or pacifier to sleep.

dora,
u r going to quite ur job ah? jt goes to childcare at 18mth, then u will need to find a job again?

Back