TanSL
Our bbs are quite big oredi, so it shd be easier. I took Hannah to Sydney when she was only 5.5mos old.
No need to bring own electric kettle la. I stayed in a hotel and a cottage (at Blue Mountains) when there. Just boil water in their kettle will do. Unless u are staying in some super run-down establishment, most of them are very clean la.
BB's stroller, they won't let u take inside aircraft. Outside aircraft, u must leave it and they will check it in for u. After u arrive, your stroller will likely not be on the belt but somewhere else. Go look for it. If you are taking a taxi, request for them to get you one with a baby carseat. They have several of those large cabs available. It's MANDATORY there for all bbs to use carseats.
Instead of porridge, u can use bottled food, regular steamed rice, anything that is cooked in healthy way (not fried!) and hv no or limited seasonings like steamed fish, veg, bread. I stayed in both a self-contained apt with kitchenette, and a cottage with fully equipped kitchen so I could prepare own food.
As for airplane food, depends on what your bb's used to eating. I think toddler foods outside are more for 2yo and abv and likely hv seasonings and are chunky. If it were me, I'd bring own food as I know Hannah's not that good at chewing large chucks of stuff yet and I've not started her on food with seasonings/gravy etc..
Number of Milk bottles is up to u lor. How often u want to wash and sterilise. 3-4 shd be ok.
I used microwave steriliser bags, can buy from anywhere. U can use steriliser tablets if u prefer. This is more common.
Aiyo, boiled aussie tap water is fine la. No need so kua zhang and boil bottled water which may be worse since our bbs shd not be taking mineral water anyway.
Relax and enjoy your holiday ok? I wasn't even so kan cheong when i went away in May...

It was because I know that Australia is a very civilised country. Very baby friendly.
Hey, I'm gg to penang next mth, I think I have more reason to be kan cheong there then in Australia abt the level of hygiene!
Afcai
heehee! I also prefer tx's chinese name...
