(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Hey Bloom,
Happy birthday to Kate!!! Time flies huh, Kate is 1 year old already. I can still remember u telling us about your blood pressure a yr ago and abt going to see ur gynae. The next thing we knew, Kate was born.

Hi Qsg,
Happy belated birthday to Evee!! You are really talented, can make such a nice fondant cake. If I attempt to bake, I'm sure the cake will be lopsided in some ways.
biggrin.gif
 


Hi Ladies and Lil

Im here to share my own experience in relation to the "hot" topic here today...

Im a strong believer of food without salt or sugar...and feeding in a chair...but...I have since gone against all my beliefs...

Cae was a very good eater...somehow...that changed about 2 months ago...he had always refused milk since 5mo...and I had to resort to Kimi's way of spoonfeeding him...just so to force milk into his system...but he is not as guai as Mandy...he will push away the spoon...he will spit out his milk...in order to supplement his calcium intake...his pd recommended cheese and yoghurt...well...cheese has a substantial amount of salt...and he doesnt take original yoghurt...so my pd recommended petit maim which has fruit puree...and it contains sugar...but all in all...it is beneficial to Cae...and his pd had approved it...

Next...he started gagging and vomitting his food since 2 months ago...at first...I was so worried that I brought him to a few pds...not one can pinpoint the problem...then I noticed that he will gag and throw out food which he doesnt like or doesnt want...like milk, sweet potato, some kind of porridge...when my mil and maid suggested that I feed him running around...I was very resistant...but...even my pd said that it would be difficult for my very active bb to sit in one spot during feeding...so I unwillingly tried...btw...my maid does all the feedings when Im at work...the result...much fewer occurences of gagging and throwing out...but when I feed him during the weekends...I cannot keep up wif him crawling around...so I try to occupy him with toys in his chair as much as possible...

So...in my case...I guess my bb is the boss...

Jus sharing my own experiences...
 
Something to share....
At what stage of development can a baby taste?
http://www.babycenter.com/400_at-what-stage-of-development-can-a-baby-taste_1795421_165353341019.bc

LiL
yup, I noted cos some biscuit have sugar also but tx only get to eat biscuit at my mum'plc alternate day. for me, i dun give biscuit unless i go out or coax tx to drink milk during afternoon time then will melt the biscuit into her ebm.

wow,scallop wor...shd be sweeter than fish. ai-yo, I dunno why tx loves the eu ren sang brown rice powder so much tough it is tasteless. so I asked my mum to place meat in to increase the taste but tx refuse to eat liao. dunno why. haa..that's why now tx has been tasting tasteless thing(bb taste and adult taste are different, dunno read fr where) since the intro of her solid food except for fruit and biscuit only.

hmm roast veg, interesting man...how to roast it? won;'t it kill the nutrient or will it get cook easily? haa did u try to trick him by pretending to eat his porriage and then give him a bit by bit?


Calynn
yup, same thing that i will do, I will lick and make sure the bowl is empty if tx can't finish her porriage. usually, she dun left some for me to eat except at mil's hse.

Diana
ai-yo, let her cry loh and then of cos scold her no use, just tell her in strict tone that this is not the way she shd do by crying, screaming etc..tough they dunno if they know the meaning but we still talk to them 9refer to bb).when tx do that, hubby will raise voice and tx will stare at him. after that, of cos, she will ignore hubby liao cos hubby 'scold' her man...


bobianah
thks for the info. will go and grab one to let tx and of cos myself try.
 
Fizz
heehee! Yah, I guess I'm lucky so far hannah eats quite ok. But, I agree, sometimes they cannot sit still too long, so, like u I oso give her some toys to occupy herself. Interestingly, when we are outside, she eats well, probably becos my kay poh ger has so many things to see to keep her occupied! haha!
biggrin.gif
Hmmm, as for cheese, not sure if you've looked but there are those suitable for bbs i saw in Carrefour and not very salty. Have you tried?

Lil,
huh? "gang attack"? As far as Im concerned, im sharing my views and it's my personal practise/view not to add seasoning and i know I'm not the only one. even zion & afcai think their bb's porridge is tasty without seasonings. For me, i prefer my ger to enjoy the natural taste of her solid foods first before i attempt to enhance anything with salt. So far, in most of my readings we are advised that we need not add salt to our children's food. Even when hannah graduates to adult food, I also intend to be very careful about what goes into her body at least for another 1-2yrs. And that's my choice...i just hope that my MIL (who helps care for her in the day) will hv same views...heheheh!
biggrin.gif


Here's more information on salt in our diets for everyone's reading pleasure: http://www.salt.gov.uk/babies_and_children.html

Afcai
hope u find something suitable!
 
calynn,
ya ya... me oso happily licked up watever is left... i even cooked more for myself during the 4 days when mil was overseas... hee...

ladies,
after reading wat all of u had posted abt ur bbs, i m so glad dat ethan is very guai during meals... he would finish his bowl of porridge and sometimes a few tbsp more on gd days... when he is cranky due to teething or when he is sick, he still eat at least half a bowl each meal... but we gave him more meals to supplement... n since he started eating solids, we have been training him to eat only at one place... dat time still dun have chair, we feed him in his stroller... so now he guai guai eat in his chair lor... at first i was v sceptical of letting him watch tv while feeding him... but it works... specially when it comes to commercials, he can finish more than half bowl of porridge within dat few mins... n i realise he doesnt take snacks frequently... once in a while mil give him apple puree... we will give him biscuits once in a blue moon when he is being difficult... wanna intro cheese to him cos he dun drink a lot of milk... but i bot 3 weeks ago n till now have no chance to feed him... cos dat time he got fever then after dat got flu... then after dat dunno how to intro him liao... he still got phlegm so dunno can let him eat anot... i think overall his eating habit still ok lah... n sometimes hor when he had enuff he will shake his head wan leh... so cute... hee... juz to add, he likes to eat fast... too slow he will shout... so in all he will finish his porridge in less than 15 mins... but ladies, can try the tv thingy if u havent tried...
 
Lil

I peeped in and was appalled to be called a gang! It is obviously a topic that many of us have the same views on and feel strongly about and therefore the concerted responses.

Actually adding a pinch a salt is not the end of the world as you put it, but it is the beginning of a lifestyle that many of us would like to delay as much as possible. and really what I am saying is not to take the easy and quick way out to make our babies' food tastier by seasoning it but to try adding other natural ingredients to make it tastier. and to make adding salt a last resort when really left with no choice. But then again, it's your choice. and I am just sharing my views.

Actually to be honest, I am just curious why someone as particular as you (i remembered your gripe about gelatin and china foods) would feel so casual about salt, a topic that makes most of us jumpy. hahaha!
 
Morning ladies,
TGIF
bounce.gif


QSG,
The cake is so nice nice nice, Evee is such a lucky ger
happy.gif


Bloom,
Happy Birthday to Kate
kao_cheers.gif


Lil, doggie, bobianah, calynn, fixx, zion,
Hot topic on bb food ah?? For me hor, i feel bb taste bud is super sensitive, so the natural sweetness of the food would be sufficient and yummy liao. I alway finish my boi's porridge kekeke.
However, every bb is different and have their own preference. So if mummy is comfortable with the food than be cool and relax
happy.gif
 
ladies,
wah!!!!early in e morn c so many ppl discussing e hot topic!!!

lil, calynn, bobianah, fizz, doggie, afcai, zion etc etc,
ai-yo... really lah, to each his(or rather) her own. my parenting style is such tt i try 2 die die oso dun start a bad habit unless i haf absolutely no choice, mb like in fizz's case. altho i myself haf some bad habits n it's ineveitable tt mandy wld imitate them... i'm trying hard 2 change... sigh..

i strongly believe gd habits start young. altho they wld b able to understand more instructions as they grow older but they wld oso b more strong willed n it'll def get harder to discipline them. my style is to nt let them start on a bad habit in e 1st place. well, my aunties n cousins, obviously they dun like their kids 2 run ard when they eat. they tried 2 stop e habit but cldn't. tt's y i'm paranoid lah.

lil ar, mb some o us might haf misunderstood u lah. when i feed mandy w/o a hi-chair, she crawls n cruise ard e whole place. it's def much harder 4 me 2 feed lidat then let her struggle in e hi-chair. hahaha... E is so guai, can just sit on e floor n eat. i do find tt by nt letting her haf her way, sometimes she bobian n guai guai eat. i prefer 2 use distractions instead lor. to me, both ways r tiring lah but i'm comfy w e hi-chair one since she'd need to sit in a hi-chair when eating outside too n erm, i'm a bit kiasi lah. scared she'd get stomachahe if she eats while moving ard so much. just my opinion hor.
happy.gif


as 4 seasoning mah... hmmmm... i still tink it's nt necessary lah. u're rite bt biscuits n FM being tasty. in fact, i choose my FM oso. i try nt to buy any w added sugar or syrup. but my hubby hor, just bot 4 tins os FM w honey. *faint* so i 5 5 bot another plain tin to dilute e honey one. wld waste some money lah but i prefer it lidat. as 4 biscuits, she's nt eaten them 4 a long time.
happy.gif


ultinately, like wat u said, we do wat we tink is gd 4 our child. 4 mandy, altho she's underwt, every doc she saw said she's dev well n she's always jolly n energetic when awake. so i'm nt desperate enof 2 go agnst my principal o cultivating gd n healthy eating practises lah.

my fren has a 4 yr old dotter. till now, she doesn't put much salt n seasoning in her meals. e ger still loves her food. i'm nt saying once we put in seasoning now, they'd only like junk food in e future. i'm just nt absolutely confident tt i'd b able 2 control it when they start 2 haf a will on their own. so i hold it off as long as can n as long as mandy doesn't need it.

afcai,
y u post tt link? u're pregnant ar?
biggrin.gif

btw, anythng tt's overcooked can lose their nutrients be it boiling, steaming or roasting. in fact, i read tt among e 3, roasting or baking retains e most nutrients as long as u dun over roast. i roast/bake food 4 mandy too but nt too much lah cos i haf this idea tt it's heatier. i dunno if it's true tho.
happy.gif
 
Bobianah

Wat brand is the cheese with lesser salt that is found in Carrefour?...my pd recommended the Laughin Cow cheese?...

Jackie

No worries
happy.gif
 
Lil, yes i was also thinking of adding marmite to her porridge soon
happy.gif
maybe ur proportion of food:porridge is different or ur tastebuds really haywire... i love kate's porridge too but hate ur brown rice ahahahha ..how do u roast veg? with an oven?

QSG, was thinking of changing to gain IQ but hb more in favour of Nan 3 cos cheaper..ahahaha.... i want to wait for a weekend which i wont be going out and maybe feeding her junk food so at least i can monitor if she is ok with it cos she is now on HA.

choo..ahaha..dont envy lah..remember last time u all doing ur giraffe act and i was already doing confinement and running around KKH...

kimi..thanks! next week will be mandy's turn! u confirm on where to have ur mini celeberatino yet? got fm with honey one???

diana..wow..infant care also give porridge...how did they manage to feed all the kids when we are already having prob with our 1:1 ratio???

serene, thank you!
happy.gif


bobianah, yes...hannah very guai when it comes to feeding, i think ur MIL was feeding her halfway when i went, and there was no sound at all! so guai!

och, u got good memory!

Fizz, mbb recommended kiri cheese that time cos less saltish. i found it at jurong pt's ntuc. i also find fernleaf yougurt there!

zion, kate is so tv addict that she will turn her head sideways cos i am blocking her tv when feeding her... does not work very well for me, cos after a while she will still want to jump out of the high chair and run around and play. i guess ehs just have a small sstomach....

jackie, thanks !
 
Hi all,
Cant help but to post some of my own opinion hope u gals dont mind coz I not a regular poster here.

Lil, I think it will be better not to put salt or seasoning because I think babies wont know how tasty it is unless we intro to them. But of course if he rejects his food, then have to find solutions to make him eat. I think cooking porridge with scallops will be quite tasty enough. If not, you can always use stock to cook the porridge (l learnt that from a mummy from sep thread). Use corn/meat or chicken/other vege to cook the stock, then use it to cook porridge and add in other vege/meat. I think that will be v sweet and tasty and involves no salt/seasoning. I will be trying soon coz I also think my boys porridge too bland.
Dont misunderstood, I not saying u r wrong. In fact, I think when we are small, our mum just add soy sauce in our porridge and we also grow up from there.

I think I am fortunate to have a baby who eats everything I gave him. Occasionally I gave him biscuits and bites. In fact I think a lot of mummies are already feeding their babies adult food which I still did not want to intro him that. He will have plenty of adult food in his days ahead

I think mbb mentions kiri cheese had the least content of salt? I din see salt content for kiri actually, but other brands, they did indicate there is salt content

Lil, for the scallop, did you let him eat or you just use that to cook porridge?
 
bloom,
haha... ethan will oso do the same thing when i m blocking him... he will not try to climb out of the chair if i strap him properly... even so he will finish his porridge obediently b4 doing anything funny... once he finished his porridge he will either watch tv quietly or scream for attention... guess he still wun jump out of the chair n run ard juz as yet cos he still cant stand properly yet...

ladies,
i realise dat we still have the bo geh club n ethan is the chairman cum member of the club... hee... still no teeth yet... suspecting the side teeth coming out first cos got uneven top liao... front teeth nothing yet... anyone heard of bbs side n back teeth coming out b4 the front incisors? mb ethan is the first... funny bb...
 
Doggiebb
Aiyo...use gang loosely lar
happy.gif
I guess different ppl r anal abt different things. Some abt sterilising, some abt sodium intake. Me I m more concerned abt the things tat wld cause serious illness in my boy such as pesticides in veggies (n hence I try as much as possible to only give pesticide-safe range of veggies) n BSE cos I myself r 1 of the few hundred thousand ppl who have been exposed to it n till today still worry that I may develop CJD. To me a teeny bit of salt does no harm esp since it's not a daily affair, it's only when i m cooking bland ingredients like spinach which E hates. It's common for old ppl to add some soya sauce to bb's porridge (yes, they dun know better) but it's just to reflect my point tat a little salt is no big deal. We all grew up tat way n our bad eating habits were not developed frm there but it's frm eating fast food n other junk as we grow older. It may seem tat adding some seasoning is taking the easy way out but I guess ppl dun normally see other pple's "pain" unless they tell u abt it ;)

Kimi
No prob...misunderstandings r common when chatting on such platforms as we tend to write in short form n skip details abt what we hve tried n found didn't work with our bb's. E does move ard but not much cos he likes to stand at the coffee table n play with his books, so tat works for me. Hey, if distraction with toys works for u then hurrah. Been there, tried tat. E doesn't like to play with toys. But nowadays he can understand my displeasure more n more so i often manage to get him to sit in his booster chair for longer during his meals. But quite often he will struggle to get off. Better him on the floor than my bowl of porridge all over the floor
happy.gif
Tok abt FM with flavour...I m tempted to switch to enfagrow with Vanilla in the hopes that E will drink more
happy.gif
Just kidding BTW.

Berry
I do use stock, mainly anchovies (after soaking) cos I hvn't given E chicken yet. But that is even more difficult to control the salt content so I only rarely use it. For the scallops...I use the large Japanese ones so they r quite fibrous n not suitable for ingestion. I just use it for flavouring.

As for cheese, I dun know but I hv the impression tat all processed cheese contains added salt unless maybe if they r specifically made for children. In fact the recommendation is to start babies on natural cheeses. So far I have only given E natural cheddar cheese which is not v salty.
 
Mummies
Hb is coming home today so I m a happy bunny
happy.gif
Best thing is I'll be here for another week then I m off to KL to visit family n friends n lotsa shopping
happy.gif
When we come back it will be Dec liao. Another super happy mth cos hb will hv to clear 2 wks leave coinciding with E's BD n Xmas. Thinking where to go for hols...wld love to have another white xmas but prob the cold not good for E
sad.gif
 
something interestig to share
child's public tantrums
http://www.babycenter.com/400_im-embarrassed-by-my-childs-public-tantrums-what-can-i-do_505379_1000.bc


TV-watching guidelines for toddlers
http://www.babycenter.com/0_tv-watching-guidelines-for-toddlers_11746.bc

mummies
any advice or comment:

WEDDING: anyone taking bb to wedding before?? tml, hubby and I will be taking tx to relative wedding loh. hope she won't be cranky. she scare of microphone sound man....dunno what she will do when the 'yum seng' session is gg on...pray hard...

MILK BOTTLE: also do anyone change their milk bottle after been using for a yr?? hubby is saying time to change...dunno shd change to new one or not?? for me, we change teats every 3 mths.

CHEESE: can bb consume kraft single cheese?? what is natural cheese? is it those not process?
fizz
haa the brand of the cheese so cute...laughing cow....eat already as if sure will laugh...
happy.gif



kimi
agreed, that gd a parenting habits start fr young. same thinking as me, last time, my mum always said cannot let kid run ard to makan and will get stomache like that.

got FM with honey one meh??? which brand, just curious to know.

ai-yo, where got preggie?


bobianah
I'm on leave today and just now go market and bought the black color Avocado liao. will be giving tx and myself + hubby to eat tml.


bloom
what is marmite ? why hate brown rice....not easy to cook than white rice loh... anyway, mum bought the organic one so easy to cook.

gain iq expensive more nan 3 meh? I only survey at NTUC that Gain iq cost $25.20 while Nan 3 cost $26.20.so gain iq is cheaper by $1 than nan 3. I got to check out sheng siong this sun. where u normally buy nan 3? i remember last week, nan 3 got offer at NTUC, buy 2 packets get hippos bag, selling at $52.

same same, welcome to the bb addict tv club. my mum hor bad habits now lazy, feed tx on her walker while she herself watching tv so tv also watch too.

berry
same same, tx also eat anything whatever u give her. but at her first taste, she might not like it but does not mean she dun like. but my mum did not think such way...sian...stubbon, she said tx dun like the cereal when I intro her..then so pissed off I told her that tx need time to get used to the new food mah, that's do not mean she dun like. she even say dun give her cereal liao, give her bread...I told her cereal got iron etc...pissed off man...

zion
think boy grow slowly when compare to gar. it depends on individual bb. my frenz's son grow his first tooth during her 13mth...13mth wor...of cos, his mum so worries, how come everyone 's bb teeth pop out but not his...and she bring him to the PD. of cos, pd said bb's tooth can even come out during 18,mth only..but once first tooth come out, the rest will pop out very fast.

but on the other hand, my other frnez's son, grew his first tooth during his 4mth.
 
Have an article to share...

Subject: WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CHILDREN!!!]
DON'T IGNORE THIS BECAUSE IT'S A LONG ARTICLE PLEASE!! PLEASE READ!!

This could happen to your child
McDonalds, Ikea, Go Banannas, Discovery Zone... All places with ball pits in the children's play area.

One of my sons lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find his watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, faeces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and
raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month.

I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in another ball pit. Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, grandchildren, or friends with children.

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son Kevin to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday. After he finished lunch, I
allowed him to play in the ball pit.

When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mummy, it hurts." I
couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it
was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under
the welt.

I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back into his head. From
there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out that the welt on his Buttock was the tip of a ypodermic needle that had broken off inside.

The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next week, The police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was
rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten lollies, nappies, faeces, and the stench of urine. (You can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999 issue of the Midland
Chronicle.)

Don't think it's just McDonald's either. A little boy had been playing in a ball pit @ a Hungry Jacks & started complaining of his legs hurting.
He later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs & buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a copperhead's nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake.

Repost this if it scares the crap out of you!! Repost this if you care about kids!! Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and
anyone who loves and cares for children!! What has this world come to??
 
Afcai, Bloom
To roast veg, I rub some olive oil on the veg n cook in the oven at 200C until veggie is soft enuff to mash.

Afcai
Dun think u shd give ur bb kraft cheese...tat's processed cheese, i.e. blended with lots of other artificial ingredients n usually contains quite alot of added salt.

Fizz
Can empathise with u on Cae's feeding problems. Seems eating disorders r becoming more common. Have a few personal mummy frens who hv also encountered the same problem as u on feeding. One so severe her (now almost 3yr old)child survives on a few mouthfuls of rice, choc pediasure (diluted with normal milk powder), petit miam (also recommended by her PD), water n bird's nest. Then another one who's child is already 7 but only eats really gooey soft pasta cos she gags on normal adult food. Think we all hv ideas on what kind of mother we want to be based on our own growing up experience n what we read frm books but often things go askew and we manage in whatever way we can. At least u can step away from ur child during daytime. I hv to tend to a needy infant 24/7 who constantly wants to be carried n cuddled n it's real tough.
 
Lil
no worries...u r not alone. I also add seasoning (started this week) to bb's food to entice him to eat more. but honestly, i dont see a different in his appetite. sign. sometimes i really donno wat he like. today for his 2 meals, i have to cook 4 times (2 times for each meal - one with seasoning and one without) but he only took a few mouthful too.

oh, i thinking u really have strong taste bud. scallop in porridge is v tasty le.
happy.gif


i also let my son sit on the floor. sign. tho i started intro solid to him while seated in hi chair, he soon begin to climb/struggle/cry to get out, together with the throwing of toys etc. anyway, now he sits on the floor. like you, i dont wan to start a war before the meal even begins. for those mom with bb who guai guai sit in the hi chair, they are super lucky.
 
Can any mommies advise on the different between cow FM / soy FM? I have intro a couple of cow FM to my boy but he rejected them strongly. Tho he dont accept soy FM readily, he will take them when he is really hungry. sign. I am currently giving him Isomil Advance.

I realise that soy FM is not as popular as cow FM. Can anyone advise? Is Soy FM equally heaty?
 
OMG!!!!

It's been such a crazy day.... almost like I'm moving house.... super kua zhang... tink my hb about to kill me liao...

And all these just to host her party 2molo!!! Arghhhhh

Lil,

bounce.gif
Good to noe tat you're sane anyway!!! Must hv misunderstood your criticism on tantrums on the high chair and tot tat u r advocating the merry go round method instead.

As for gauging other child's character/behaviour by my own... Sorry to disappoint but to use her as a yardstick would be disastrous! Guess most of us r first time mummies n still muddling thru their behaviours n actions... I strongly believe every child is different. I neither judge nor gauge. (well, sometimes i whine... but tats coz i love to piss my hb off
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Alrighty folks.....

I'm off to get a good rest... so I can have more energy to bugger my hb n mom n siblings 2molo!!!! Lots of pple's toes to step on n lotsa decos left to doooooooo.... chop chop chop!!!
 
Karen P,

I am giving R alternate feeds of normal formula and isomil advance. I find this the best mix for her. But R is not fussy about taste of fm, so I am fortunate in that sense.
 
zion..ah..thats good..its not easy to hold on to the bowl at one moment next momnet have to grab a kid that is trying to jump off the high chair. wow..KING OF BO GAY!

Lil, hi happy bunny! sound like u r going to have a GREAT end of the yr!
happy.gif
arghh..oven, that is one thing i dont have at home! why all the yummy things have to be 'created' by oven :p

afcai, re marmite .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite i usually bought from FM from the medicinal shop near my ulu kingdom... so far i had been using si sen brown rice..have not intro real brown rice to kate yet ... maybe i should...

Jen, that is a hoax http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ball-pit-death.html

calynn, let us know how the party goes! must be a blast! enjoy!
happy.gif
 
Calynn
Hahaha
happy.gif
Still hanging on to my sanity n my huge black eye bags it seems. Have a great party n remember to post some pics for us to admire!

Karen P
Hv u tried different brands of FM? No lah, seriously, my tastebuds r not tat dead yet
happy.gif
I only put 1 scallop in his porridge nia (n I make 2 meals at once) cos I use it everyday n I m worried abt overdosing
happy.gif
Actually r scallops healthy or does it contain toxins like other shellfish? I use it cos I hv no choice wor.

Bloom
Hahaha...v happy n today already started shopping spree liao
happy.gif
 
sylk
since R is not fussy abt taste, why do you bother to alternate between cow and soy fm? oh, i remember R used to wake up for nite feed. does she still do that since she is on fm?

Lil
i have tried at least 4 cow FM le. i just argued with hb over the fact that Darren dont take his meals in hi chair. hb saw me feeding D and D was crawling around, so hb took out the hi chair and tried to put D inside. D open his legs so wide, cry, struggle and scream. in the end, hb has to give up. Then hb said i never force D to sit in hi chair. sign. the fact is, i tried, D refused. men dont get it.

mummies
can anyone advise me on the best way to wean D off bf? D usually has a milk feed at 2pm and i ve been offering him FM for the last 3 days. however, he choose to starve himself and only eat at his next solid meal (5-6 hours apart). i donno if i have the heart to go on, feel really bad that he dont get his feed. I only offer him a bit of biscuit, not too much, coz i was hoping that he would accept FM out of hunger. Should i be heartless and stop bf completely? maybe this would be a once and for all thing rather than let D wait for his remaining bf feed? i was hoping to replace FM with one milk feed only but looks like D leave me with not much choice. He also start to push out all the solid food that goes into his mouth. hope to hear ur opinion.
 
Hello mummies

Wah din check the forum over the weekend and so many postings liao....

Well I've got good news, 3 of JT's 4 upper teeth has emerged, so she started to eat again... but of cos she will start being distracted 1/2 way thro... and I still need to give her things to play... but I can accept that lah cos she is afterall a baby with short concentration span... but at least she is willing to open her mouth for the 1st half of her meal....and of cos she is still picky abt wat she eats... but nevermind lah.. at least she eats!

Calynn
Do share the pics hor!!
happy.gif


Fizz
I can understand wat you're going thro... having a picky eater really leaves us with no choice... I also din wan to give JT biscuits cos of the sugar... but I was left with no choice when she din wan to eat anything... JT is allergic to cow's milk if not I'll also feed her cheese when she was on food strike.... even tho I am also against adding salt to babies food.. but between starving a baby and giving processed food which is deemed not so healthy... I'll rather go for the latter... no choice since our babies would rather starve... haiz.... hopefully Cae will outgrow this feeding problem soon....

Sylk
You are lucky tat R is not fussy abt taste!! JT can smell the soy FM a metre away!!

Karen
I think sylk mentioned before that R is a bit lactose intolerant so I think tat's why R is on a bit of soy. I can't advise you on the best method cos I myself is trying to wean JT off bf... w/o much success actually.... and to make things worse, she is allergic to cow's milk, so I could only let her try 2 brands of soy FM, but she really hated it. I heard from friends and family that Similac and Friso are generally more easily accepted by BF babies. If D is not allergic to cow's milk/ lactose intolerant, why do you wan to try soy FM? It truly smells terrible, tat's why I dun blame JT for not wanting to drink tat. and also, generally PDs dun recommend soy unless no choice. Read more here http://www.askdrsears.com/html/0/T000100.asp#T031004
Another common alternative to fresh milk..... I have a few friends or relatives where their BF babies won't take any FM, would only drink fresh milk.. since D is going to be 1 year old soon, you might want to try this if he really dun wan any FM.
 
KarenP
Aiyo...weaning also headache ya. Have u tried mixing some FM into his BM then slowly increasing the ratio of FM to BM. I know PD's in Msia say cannot mix but my SG PD told me to do tat last time when E didn't want FM. My SIL (in KL) was shocked but E took it quite well. If tat doesn't work then I guess like Dora said try fresh milk. If desperate then try those flavoured FMs. Enfagrow has Vanilla or Honey flavoured ones. Good luck weaning.
 
party's over ...... party's over.......

aiyooooooooo.... cannot imagine it's so tiring to hv a party..... *faintz*...... erm.... paisey... no pics to put up yet... coz erm.. i'm IT idiot... must wait for hb to transfer from the camera to my laptop first... hee hee...

anyway... after this hor... i tink the next big party will have to be when she knows how to ask for one liao... i cannot tahan another one... age 10yrs with every party

ok... see if i can post the pics up tonite...
 
Lil,
hope u hv fully recovered from the flu.
happy.gif

After reading the postings fr u, kimi and the rest of mummies abt the food preparation, I realised wat I did for Denise is so little and not so adventurous. She hd been taking porridge since her 7mth. We only alt the veg ingredients........And most of the time my parents cooked for her on wkdy n hubby on wkns. Must learn fr u all more.
embarrassed.gif


Calynn,
I oso engaged Greg for the balloon deco. Hope it will turn out nice. hee.....
I totally understd the preparation part. I wrapped the goodie bag till 3am last fri. Hubby said ma chiam like the wedding preparation.
 
ya!!! found a pic of her bday cake....

1078745.jpg


roo,
You engaged their services too huh? I got all my balloons from bday direct. Just got their helium services nia.... but they are very nice... help me to tie all the balloons to my goodie bag and tie up some around the chalet.
 
calynn,

wow such nice cake!! where did you get it from? Happy advanced 1st Year old birthday to Megan on 22nd Nov!!
happy.gif


Afcai,

how's the wedding? how did TX 'behave'? I bringing Ivan to a wedding next week
happy.gif
wish me luck!
happy.gif


hmm in case i didnt come in,
here 's wishing!!

Serene,Happy 1st Birthday to Javier on 21st Nov!

Calynn,Kimi,Happy 1st Birthday to Megan n Mandy on 22nd Nov!

Gan,Happy 1st Birthday to Hayley on 26th Nov!

Jackie,Happy 1st Birthday to Jovey on 27th Nov!

Dey,Happy 1st Birthday to Nathan on 28th Nov!

Qianhui,Happy 1st Birthday to Ace on 29th Nov!

CF,Happy 1st Birthday to Philson on 30th Nov!!

hehe tink there all I can think of for Nov bbies!
happy.gif


Karen,

Last sat I nurse Ivan to sleep .he finally sleep at 1030pm but 11pm he was up again.wanting to suck for comfort i suppose but i didnt give in..let him cry ..cos really dun want keep using nursing to make him sleep since i am giving him full cream milk next mth..bt really not easy.he kept cry...the addiction is there...finaly after an hr...he slept...cold turkey..i will slowly reduce the latching...

Ivan is 11th mth today!!
happy.gif
 
Hi Karen,

Regina gets very loose stools when she's on full Enfapro, and gets very hard dry stools when she's on full soy. So, a 50-50 alternate feed suits her best. Dunno why she reacts to the fm in such an unusual way.

And yes, even when she's on fm, she still wakes up at night for feeds. She can't sleep well when she's hungry, will toss and turn, flip all over the place, and finally wakes up crying and desperate, as if super famished. Then after drinking 5-6 oz of milk, she'll flop back to sleep like a log. Heehee. It's only during the past week she managed to sleep through a few nights without a 2am or 3am feed.

Beautiful cake Calynn! Did you design it?
 
Hi LiL,
cannot give honey before one loh...

KarenP,
introducing fm need time for bb to adjust, tx also puke out all the fm when introduce 3 mth ago. so we only gave 1 feed in the morning where she is super hungry.now, she is ok with it.

Hi caynn,
wow, what a nice cake...pity to eat it leh.but isn't the cake veri small...enu to let everyone makan?? wow, 10yrs later than can have birthday party...oh...that's long man...

do megan scare or ok with the balloon? bec when tx sees one, she will be scared.

anyway, Happy birthday to megan in advance!

Hi choo,
on sat, we took tx to cousin in law's wedding. tx enjoys herself, dun even want to slp when past her bedtime (8pm+).eyes even red red liao. when she heard music, she will do the dancing action man....with hand shaking here and there. she kept on staring at the bunch of kids near the stage as they were playing with those shiny shiny material use to shower the bride and groom(we were sitting beside the stage) and tried to pull one of the cousin 's shirt. so, we can still eat peacefully. We only require the restaurant for the hot water to prepare the fm only. thks god, tot she will be scared of loud noise esp mircophone and the yum seng part.but think she was overstimulate and she kept crying with eyes closed during the night man...

Am currently, so busy with doing her website and will post it out once it is ready.

last 2 wk, I took her to the playgrp (trial) at woodland civic ctr, she enjoyed herself too. but at end of the day, think she was overstimulated and then become cranky but doze off on the way hm.
 
hi mummies,

jus celebrated jav's 1st bday last sat at aranda country club. like calynn, i almost moved my whole hse over to the country club. Stayed there for 3d2n. It was a great party but hub n i were dead tired after the event was over. Guess Jav wasnt really awared tat we were celebrating his bday but he really enjoyed himself during the stay at ACC.

Jav's cake from Yiling
1079955.jpg


Elmo Agar Agar
1079956.jpg


Singing Happy Birthday song
1079957.jpg
 
Lil, already in KL?

Calynn..ahahha.. u r so funi... i think the ones that enjoy megan's birthday most will be the other kids yeah? :p the cake makes me think of 100 arc woods (aka pooh's pl) happy birthday megan!

choo, u got super good memory!

afcai, good that tx enjoy the wedding... i will be bringing kate to a wedding in early dec and i expect all hell to break loose (already warn the bride and groom ahahahha)

serene..ehhehe.3d2n..no wonder have to shift the whole house over :p happy birth javier!
 
morning ladies... n happy bday to all the Nov bbs... ethan's bday is 2 weeks later n i havent plan anything... OMG!!! hmm.... think no big affair liao... cos got no budget... will update the thread when the time comes...
 
To all 8 Dec born bb(rainv, hwee, zion, fizz, bobianah, ?? (forgot who that) and afcai),

Next tue, will be our bb chinese lunar birthday (shi yue shi ba) and our bbs will be 1 yr old.

Happy birthday in advance!

zion
I also dun have big party, only gather some sec friend over my hse on 1/12 and hubby' sec friend on 8/12.

bloom
pray hard, miracle will happen and bb will be guai and fancy by the lights, kids etc ard at the weding venue.
 
Afcai...

Thanx...

Happy Birthday to all Nov bbs...
Happy Lunar Birthday to all 8 Dec bbs...

For the Lunar Birthday...I wil jus be hvg a family dinner wif cup cakes for Cae...I wil b plannin a small party for his actual birthday...

Does anyone know where to buy Pooh figurines besides the spree...no time liao...

Btw...mommies can call Abbott for a sample tin of Gain IQ or Pedisure...they wil deliver it to u foc...Im trying Pedisure for my fussy boy...
 
Calynn, Serene,
Happy Birthday to Megan n Javier
happy.gif


Choo,
Wow, u actually remember all the bbs birthday??

Ladies,
My turn to celebrate Jovey's birthday this sunday. Hope everything turn out as plan. Wish me luck
biggrin.gif
 
Happy Birthday to all Nov bbs!
kao_cheers.gif


Calynn
The cake looks fantastic!
happy.gif
Plus all the cute yummy cupcakes surrounding it. I guess it's kinda worth it to have our lives shortened by a few years just for a lovely party for our princess/prince and to have everybody having fun! heehee!
kao_smile.gif
Hope you're recovered from it!

Serene
The Elmo agar agar is so cute.

Choo,
wow, u recorded down all the bb's birthdays ah? U're a good resource person!
happy.gif


Jackie
Good luck for Jovey's party!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif


I still hv some time for last minute stuff....
 
celebrated mandy's bday w immed family on sun. only 8 adults. hehehe... spent 1 hr feeding her lunch. den she got tired n cranky. we had 2 5 5 cut cake n bring her home 2 sleep. din even sing song. n we were e 1st 2 leave... hahaha... she really cannot tahan long hrs, esp in a noisy envt. tt's y we opt 4 a small celebration. will b having another on w frens this sat.
happy.gif


look at her cake. we simply grabbed one off e shelf on e way 2 e restaurant. heheh

1080389.jpg


1080390.jpg


choo,
thx! how do u rem all e dates!!!!
 
afcai,

wow thanks for sharing on TX at the wedding!
happy.gif
did u feel her porridge there as well? on sun was he cranky as she was stil awake past her sleeping time on sat night 8plus?

Serene,

wow great partu u have got!!Javier look more n more like you now!

kimi,
Mandy very sweet n big girl!!
happy.gif
me also having yr kind of cosy close family dinner next mth
happy.gif



jackie,kimi,

I got good memory mah!!
happy.gif
 
serene
wow, loves the elmo jelly..so nice, can't bear to eat it man... the cake is also very nice decor.

choo
tat day, we fed tx's porriage at 5pm++ (usual time for her to have her dinner) before we took turn to bath. tx was the last one to bath cos need to wait for a while after eating before bathing her. then, hubby's brother came to lobang us to the wedding venue. we only brought the fm and her milk bottle + 1 cup of warm water. we only asked the restaurant for the hot water to prepare the milk.hubby said when tx asked for milk then gave it to her or else go hm and then gave her. of cos, I disgreed. I prepared the milk at 10am (suppose she needed to take ard 8pm before she went to slp) and then tx only finished her 120ml out of 150ml of milk and then doze off after that. wow piang, told hubby we shd give her earlier so that we can place her in her stroller and let her slp. the next day, both my arms muscles pain man....after carrying her all the way hm. tx only woke up at 8am on sun loh.

tx was a bit of cranky during her bedtime but we entertained her by giving the gifts and all sorts of things. it was temp only but she got fancy twd that bunch of kids so she just sat there stretching herself to reach the kid shirt. then after that, she just stuck her 2 finger with her handi on the other hand and sat there staring in the air. afterthat, we just let her drink milk and then there she zzzz...at 10pm+.
 
Sorry to intrude, my cuz who is in a talent scotting firm is looking for baby BOY 6-12mths.. for a milk powder advertisment. must not be from any model agency. able to sit up n crawl.
if anyone is interested, pls pm me so i can give more details.
sorry if tis is of no interest to u.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAVIER!!!

Calynn
The birthday cake looks wonderful! I guess its the 1st birthday party that's why so much work! I know its going to be tough, so this lazy mummy is opting for just a cozy family lunch. I'm sure Meg enjoyed herself so all your hardwork is worth it!
happy.gif


Choo
I'm impressed with your memory!!! There's so many bbs here and you actually remember all their birthdays??! Wow!! My memory is gone eversince I got preggie (hehehe could be just old age.. but trying to find an excuse lah :p)

Kimi
I am also having a birthday lunch for 9 adults only, immediate family on both sides. But I'll try to bake an eggless, dairy-free cake so tat JT can eat a bit...

Yesterday I tried giving JT goat's milk.. and she's also allergic to eat!! And she is lactose intolerant also... she had diarrhea after drinking just 4mouthful of it cos she didn't like the taste anyway... that's it lor!! Now I dunno when I will ever be able to wean her!!!
sad.gif
 
Dora,
Sayang JT n u. So meaning she cannot take milk? Not even fresh milk or full cream milk???

JT look cute.....Not ugly....Man hor.....Dont trust this taste kekeke
 


dora,
wat?? goat's milk oso cannot??? den i dun need 2 pass u e samples liao har? u lemme noe. JT looks like a presch kid w e hairstyle.
happy.gif
so cute. i tried tt on mandy. cannot. her hair too sparse...
mandy's appetite still bad. brot her out 2 sun plaza foodcourt 4 lunch. nearly screamed at her... she totally refused to eat!!!! n collect all e food in her mouth. 4 10mins or so, refused 2 swallow... so pek cek i din even finish my meal... haiz..

choo,
thx again.
happy.gif
hope u n ivan enjoy e bday celebration n nt b like mandy hor, just cry n cry!
 

Back
Top