(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

going to sink into depression liao....
sad.gif

i called up Mrs Wong of TMC...said its quite alarming that Ivan is not gaining much weight..asked me to give him 2 times cereal per day n start porridge liao..though i only intend start porrige when he is 8,9mths.

i dun know if cos he is teething he just dun drink much..whenever i latch him..he will drink drink abit (as if like quenching thirst) then start flip n crawl n climb...i tried to latch him back bt he doesnt seem to want drink milk..

Lil, i gave my elder gal the heinz one last time..she tried one dun want already..really too hard when i tried to break it. she loves Baby Bites though which i will start giving Evee soon. Think Baby bites is kinda popular among most babies, comes in original, carrot & chicken& veggie flavour $2.10 at NTUC.

Dora, good leh, JT got such good appetite. Since she is taking solids so well, how many milk feeds is she taking now and how much each feed? I dun dare to go weigh Evee, think she less than 7K though she coming to 8 months.

Choo

JT also keeps unlatching at one point of time. She always yi4 shi4 yi4 shi4 drink a bit, then want to unlatch then arch her back want to go around and look at things. That's why I started her on solids. Think it's ok lah, JT started to eat 2 meals on cereals on her 2nd week. Now she can really eat a lot of solids, and I realised that her appetite for milk kind of increased after starting her solids. I know it sounds strange, but that is really what happened to her. I started giving 1 big and 1 small meals, now she is eating a lot for both meals liao.
Dun be so depressed.... it's ok to give more solids if ivan really dun wan to drink milk. Of course the ideal situation is he wants to drink milk lah, but if he really dun wan to drink, then give solids lor... anyway our generation all eat mainly solids by the time we're 6-7mths.... no worries ok.... dun get so stressed.

QSG.

same same..r u still total bf Evee?
after last sat at pd clinic i hate weighing scales now!!
sad.gif

Dora,

yes i share tots with QSG!JT really like solid well!lucky u!

choo, just to let you know that i've also started tim on porridge last week. i cook until porridge until very soft then use the strainer to strain it. it looks just like the cereal texture. i put a pc of pork or one type of veg. today its pumpkin. no, i dun give bb the pork, only the veg. strain together and feed bb. i started with 2 tablespoon of porridge now i think its 3 tablespoon. you can try to give ivan a little bit. in between, still try to give him some milk. if he really dun wan, also cannot force. wat abt night time? he sleeping thru or wake up for milk?

Dora

Thanks...i tink i will have to give Ivan 2 cereals per day n starting on porridge soon
happy.gif
now i feel abit better...

hwee,

thanks for informing me.ya he still wake up for milk at night.about twice.You know tat day when I saw Tim..i was like..'oh ..how i envy...'
happy.gif

qsg, i dunno abt baby bites. i find them quite soft. just afraid bb will accidentally bite off too much and choke lei....

mummies, weight is just a number. dun be obsessed. tim may weigh a lot but until today, he still cannot quite balance when sitting. its his spare tyres hindering him. also dun think his legs can support his own weight too. so as long as they are able to do what they should at their age and they're healthy, dun harp on the weight.

just to share a pic of tim when he was was out of water.
happy.gif

873743.jpg

I try to zzz but unable to deep sleep. So i woke again and surf net again.

Hi Dora,
Cfm the ntuc @ Sun plaza sold the healthy times cereals and other 2 range. If Jurong pt dun have, u can come over here to buy. If u need my help to get those for you, let me know.

Yes, I still bf hayley thru expressing till today. Actually this morn i see our company doc who is a female, told me the supply will still exist if I continue to pump when she ask if I still bfing. Makes me feel if she sort of hint hint if i need medication to stop bf.
sad.gif

Hi Bloom,
I know what you mean lah.. but those that term only applied to very skinny ppls who skip meals. I not on any diet, my appetite still the same leh. The doc also din mention anything, just give me painkillers n rest. Haiz..

Hi Hwee,
yur boi so brave like that.. i yet to bring hayley for swimming and wonder how she be like once she in the water. haaaa

Hi Choo,
do u give Ivan purees as well? Btw, what is Ivan's birth weight? If you give him cereal, try to add FM or BM into it .. and that is what I always add abt 60-80ml FM into the cereal, to increase her milk intake.

Hayley also yet to start on porridge as me very lazy to cook. Planning to introduce her to fish porridge next month onwards. She is taking 2 times of cereal + 2 veg puree cubes + 1 or 2 fruit puree cubes per day. Her weight as of 7 month 1 wk 5 days is 8.7kg. Her birth weight is only 2.49kg and I been trying ways to fatten her as she was once a tiny baby too. Lucky she enjoy her food nearly all times. So I can understand how u feel when u see yur bb on the smaller side. Hope Ivan put on more weight after u introd porridge. At least Ivan already start to crawl, attempt to stand and still laughing, this shows he is indeed a healthy bb not like mine still lazy to crawl.

bf mummies
anyone eat durian? cos I ate durian y'day and last wk. my milk supply quite hugh man...can pump out 180-240ml per session man...(suay dun pump so much only 150-220ml(one time for 220))haa..dunno if durian can increase ss.
haa,... anyway, think bb tx will be drinking my durian favour ebm tonite or tml morning.

Gan
at day, most of the time, it was me who carry bb tx until 10+am when we went to the staff canteen at level 4 for bb tx to feed.

hmm how much is the Healthy Times cereals? have u taste it yrself? the Heinz bb cereal smell nice loh and taste quite nice. hmm so gd, brown rice no need to cook, save time man... is the brown rice very fine type?

yup, same as me, kept on headaches now and then.I think we lack of slp. I also felt a bit chest tight, need to take a deep breath. today, I also have slight headaches, eyes pain...

I bought the baby choice biscuit fr giant. bb tx loves it man...did u taste the Heinz biscuit yr own. baby choice biscuit quite nice.

ai-yo, Hayley not lazy lah, maybe depend on her mood. at least, Hayley got 2 bb teeth, bb tx dun have. diff bb got diff development stage and pattern.

did u buy any play yard?

Fizz
wow, $200+ for a carrier...ex leh...me will not willing to invest so much man...

Shihui
err..dun PH has any faceial express even being entertained by one of the lady inside?

haa..maybe can plac PH ard the diaper and take a shot. show him the photo next time when he grow up that he used so much diaper....:p.

Bloom
yup, I think so, $59 is too ex. the price of the panel at $55 instead mah ($110/2).y'day, bb tx reluantly accept to sit on the walker at hse after some warm up exercise. then she happily explore the whole hse by touching here and there. she loves the fan (of cos not on lah) and kept on scratching the cover till her hand black black(cos fan very dirty). she tried to reach the socket but can't cos walker prevent her. she also tried to touch the tv etc but I placed some blockage so that she can't reach. when her papa called her to come over, she just look at him and then 'walk' over my side. haa... the second time, hubby tried again, and then she stare at hubby and there's a cracker seller come by our door. then she 'flew' over. wow piang, hubby 'faintz...' called her she dun wan to come over but she kpo, go to the door there...alamak.

will add u in my msn(dunno if u are inside my msn previously).

ai-yo, when bb sleep so soundly esp when we had hard time making them to slp, dun ever disturb them or else all effort wasted man when bb woke up and then dun want to slp again...like y'day, bb tx is slp (finally, get her to slp after she flipped and flipped and then doze off), but hor, hubby also want to readjust her posture cos she is sleeping at the corner and then he realised that bb tx poos a lot and almost leak out but have not leak out. so no choice, need to carry her and clear her poos so she woke up liao then and I dun have time to rest liao. so tired now...eye pain, headaches man...

wow piang, how can hubby blame u for Kate not slp bec u bring her out...wow piang, no logic.

haa..bloom same tot as me, I will also scream my lung out if my head is deep inside water.

QSG
yeah, this time rd, Heinz booth is set up by giant but Heinz themselves. so disappointed. anyway, y'day, I went NTUC to stock up, bought 3 orange box (2 multigrain & 1 banana breakfast) and 2 green box (apple and musli for 10mth- kiasu mama). wow cow...(oops..) realise the green box is not in the promo after I pay, so heartpain cos t per box cost $4.33(rd off $4.30). wow piang, told hubby that I wil claim fr him(haa...) and also said I got to consume myself...so ex...(of cos just kidding). then hubby said this green box is much heavier - content of the weight is 250g which is double the size of orange box. so more wu hua....

hmm...SH time slot for kkh bf contest is 2pm loh. by then Gan and myself already left IMM liao cos need to pump at lunch time mah.

Dora
think bb tx is a big eater. scared she will be pump(she got big bun on her cheek) mah...but her weight still ok leh when she weight 7.15kg on her 211 days (1 day before her 7mth mth) on sat. her scheduler of feeding changes liao as follows:

At mum'plc
5am: 150ml of ebm/fm
830-0845am: 150ml with 3 TABLE spoons of rice cereal(those similac scooP)
1130am: 2 oz brown rice + 3 oz ebm
200pm+: bb biscuit + 125ml ebm
530pm: 1 bowl of brown rice porriage with fish/potato porriage(use brown rice)/carrot potato (all these change weekly)
0730 or 0800+ (depending what time she ask for milk): 180ml of ebm.

At our hse over wkend.
6am/7am: 180ml-200ml of ebm (no fm in our hm)
1030 or 1130am: 150ml with 4 TABLE spoons of rice cereal(those similac scooP)
200pm+: 2 oz brown rice + 3 oz ebm or full 5 oz of ebm if no time to cook.
530pm: 1 bowl of white rice porriage with fish at in law 's hse.
0730 or 0800+ (depending what time she ask for milk): 180ml of ebm.

bobianah
thks for the feedbck on the play yard. ai-yo, kiddy palace and kidmal sell at $119. but no more stock.think will call cheong choon liao. did get yr gr cheong choon. do they charge delivey charges?

my col feedback that her nephew got the play yard and dun think it is safe leh esp the door part and the stopper not strong enough. dunno will kid climb out of the play yard or not since the height is not so high.

wow, Hannnah very brave man...if it was bb tx or me, we will scream our lung out.

hmm Hananah so happy smiling on her hair chair as shown in the photos.

LiL
have tried sample fo huggies ultra. I like that but too ex man..so stick to pureen dry 5 and ntuc diapers. sometimes, let her wear dryers on and off. atmy mum 's hse, she wore pureen dryer in the daytime while wear drypantz at night.

hmm bb tx never use pet pet loh. dunno how is pet pet like?

hmm can bb be feed yogurt meh?

Snowy
with regard to the shower part,as mentioed u let the water run down the bb's face, won't the water get into ears and eyes. will bb will shut their eyes off when water is flowing down?

Jen
thks for the compliments. the dress hor very short liao, mini skirt can see her chubby legs.I think I have to let her wear a matching pink pants instead of short liao next time.

wow, bought so many diapers huh...haa..me also...storerm also full of different brand diapers. same same kiasu mama brought 1 size larger.

yup, dunno why bb can slp better outside loh but not in the hse. more jialat is bb tx dun want to slp at in law 's hse - new environment mah...like me, i also not used to slp in new envirnoment.

Hwee
wow, Tim very brave man...if it was bb tx or me in water, we will scream our lung out.thks for the compliment, she loves the macdonald high chair and kept on banging the table.

lyricist
hmm do both of yr bb eat much solid (how many times of solid feed per day). my mum always gave water to bb tx. seems like bb tx anything also consume. y'day, we were having durian at my mum'plc. bb tx is jumping up and down,mouth moving, screaming and kept on saying mama momo...etc..then she seems fed up and throw all her toys onto the floor, bang her hand onto the walker and then frown her eyebrow. so my mum then carry her and placed her into yao lan and she doze off. ai-yo...

hmm maybe u can trick yr gar to drink water by having a slip and do those yummy expression. y'day, give bb tx the Heinz apple juice. her expression so funny, she squeeze her eyes, trembing with hand and legs up and down. haa maybe it 's to sour for her. hubby video her and take a snap of her. will post her pic up when i got hm.haa.. then she dun want to drink and I drank in front of her and when she saw me drank she also want despite of the sourness.

Gan,

Nope he is still on cereal only.wil start him on porrige very soon.Actually wat is puree? He weighed 3.62kg at birth..he gained quite steadily till 4th mth..then he sort of slow down..tink he didnt like drink milk..treat my breasts as buffet...

Gan

wow u really did a very good job to fatten Hayley up leh! well done!
happy.gif
i must learn from you!!!Hayley is of very good weight leh

hi choo,
pls dun said that.. every bb growth is very individual too. U can try making homemade veg or fruit puree for ivan and I sure he will love it. Otherwise u can get off shelves fm supermarket. For info on preparing puree, maybe u can go to hayley blog n see see. I have a posting on that too.

I also been giving Hayley lots of avocado too as this fruit contains many good 'fats' and and can fatten bb too. Maybe u want to give it a try.
happy.gif

time for me to take painkiller and rest again.
happy.gif

snowy, seems like the ratio at yr infant ctr is quite good. is it very new? how's yr bb there? do they read and let the bb play in the day? seems like my boi is not stimultated in the day. tot of sending him to one of those ctr for half day 2 to 3 times a week? dunno if they have such facilities?

Afcai, the apple museli one like not very nice..my elder gal din like it last time eat till like wanna puke so i dun dare to buy for Evee too since Evee like more particular with food. Waste $$ is she also dun like since more ex. Your bb appetite really good, can take quite alot of cereal/porridge per feed and milk intake also good.

Choo, Evee still on EBM. Will cut down on pumping session and switch to partial FM once she is on 2 solids per days and is stable in her diet.

Hwee, initially when bb young, i dun give her whole piece, usually half or 1/3 but i think it melts quite easy in mouth, i ate them before
happy.gif

QSG

If I am working, then JT's schedule will be as follows:

6am: latch on (dunno how much she drinks)

0900: 170ml EBM

11am: 2 heaped tablespoon of rice cereal + abt 60ml of EBM + 2 teaspoon of veg or fruit puree + spoonfuls of water

2pm: 170ml EBM
5pm: 170ml EBM
7pm: 2 heaped tablespoon of rice cereal + abt 60ml of EBM + 2 teaspoon of veg or fruit puree + spoonfuls of water
8+ to 9pm: latch on

If I'm at home with her, I'll latch her on more than 5 times a day, trying to stuff her with as much milk as possible hahahaha :p but the 170ml is what is given to her, most of the time she'll finish, but sometimes she won't lor... if FIL is around to play with her, she will finish it :p

She takes a lot of solids, so I want to add more nutritous stuff in it, but because of her eczema, I am going much slower.... think if all clear, I'll add in ikan bilis.

Dun worry too much abt Evee's wt, I think she takes after you, so small sized.... but she is very strong, saw her trying to stand at Alabone's house. It shows that she is healthy!

Afcai
I dun think tx is overweight at all. It's very good if she can eat. As long as she is eating healthy food (and not junk food), can just let her eat mah!!

Gan
You really did a very good job!! Didn't know hayley is such a small bb at birth. Now she looks so strong and healthy!
happy.gif
Thanks for the offer. Sun plaza is also not that far for me. Have asked hubby to go jurong pt to check out for me, if dun have, I'll go to sun plaza. Thanks!
happy.gif

Mummies,
Thanks for compliment on Hannah. :p I think she was happy squishing some of the rusk in her hands, that's why so happy lidat! I was oso worried she wont like the rusks, then waste money and kena i hv to eat it! heng she like.

Lil
The Farleys rusk were not badI bot from ColdStorage at Taka while I was there. I saw it selling at the NTUC at my place too. haha! yah, once they throw the rusk on floor or anywhere, must clean fast before it dries up!
Oh, thank ur mum for the compliment. :p Hannah not very chubby laave size. :p

Hwee,
Time was real good at aquaducks too! Actually I was relieved that Hannah didnt crybut now my hb using it as an excuse to get me to go into pool wif Hannah! Haha!

Bloom,
Ya hor, I nvr thot of exchanging the door:p

Afcai
CC delivers free as long as abv $150.
Actually the play yard is quite ok laits strong enough and wont topple. Anyway, no matter where we put bb, must still keep an eye on them as their balance not very good now. Hannah always try to stand and walk and very wobbly, so I oso get scared. Even put on the helmet, I still worry! I guess mummies are natural worriers! :p

Gan,
Actually, one way to help bb get used to water is to try wetting their head/face during bath time. 1st time they sure dun like (I mean, we oso wont like rite?) but they get used to it very fast. And Ive come to learn that, being in a tub and being in a pool is very different for a bb, so must give them time to get used to it.
happy.gif

thanks afcai!
happy.gif

my babies are also on solids twice a day. like yours, they hv cereal w/ veg puree & fruits in the morning, and then porridge in the evenings.
haiz, anyway i've made an appt with the paedi on wed to see if she cld help with their constipation. meanwhile, i can only try to make them drink as much water as possible... i really quite pek chek over this...

To mummies who is intetrested in getting play yard fr cc,
Just for infor, have called cheong choon, their play yard out of stock. Was asked to call back in mid of this mth and stock might be coming. price will be $110. I did not ask if we can have BP.

Gan
avocado me never try before, need to cook before giving bb? wow, yr Hayley quite small bb at birth. my bb tx is 2.945kg. gd job in pumping her till so chubby. so much bb fats...haa..

choo
haa..I dun cook porriage, bb tx only go in laws and my mum's hse for porriage only.
my mum will cook 3 type of porriage and change weekly. bb tx will consume 1 bowl of brown rice porriage with fish or potato porriage(use brown rice) or carrot porrage(all these change weekly). but she does not like carrot veri much. she steam them when she cook rice.

QSG
oops, dun scare me the apple museli not nice. omg, will make hubby consume and pay if bb tx dun like it...evil grins...

yeah, my mil, sil and hubby are shocked that bb tx can consume a bowl of porriage not table spoon type. she is so kan cheong when come to eating. if action is too slow, she will either flip her hand, scream, 'scold' u or give u a red face with eyebrow frown (just like the last photo posted when no huggies).

last time, bb tx only consume 5 TEAspoon of cereala nd everytime but enough so just scoop more of the cereal with ebm in it. she is quite content after that. then blur quite loud.

Hwee
bb tx also consume the baby choice biscuit. no favour but taste ok. the biscuit also melt easily in the mouth and she eat till veri messy. she loves it man...

dora
yup, in between of bb tx feed, of cos she consume abt 10-30ml of water esp after her cereal. same same, when bb tx is at my hse, I will pump her with more ebm cos did not cook at hm.

if JT drink more water, does it help in her eczema?

yup, y'day, see my mum plc fried fish in her porriage. omg, I told her cannot let her eat fried fish. she said she only peel inside one.

bobianah
just now called cc leh, I asked if play yard cost $110 got delivery charges or not. the lady told me no.

agreed, daddy dun really have much worries when compare to mummies. ai-yo, anyway, dun care, I will buy the play yard but no stock liao.

Hi lyricist,
hmm...my mum said give veg will cause wind so have not started bb tx on green veg. only veg give bb tx is potatoe, carrot(she dun like), banana, apple, tofu.

only try to divert their attention to their fav toys etc and then when they opened their mouth , quickly pour the water in. or else carry them and tilted them a bit and then pour the water in. they will auto swallow cos they dun have space/rm to puke out. that 's how I make bb tx drink if sometimes she dun drink water.

Yesterday finally bought my new HP. Then was busy taking photos with my new HP, left hubby to feed JT when we were in Taka. See what happened?
happy.gif

874102.jpg

"Daddy, are you done yet?? I want my food!!"

874101.jpg

"Daddy, I wait until I want to sleep liao... finally get my food...zzzz....."

eh... how come everytime I load 2 pics cannot see one ha? ok try again...

874104.jpg

"Daddy, are you done yet?? I want my food!!"

Dora, JT is so sweet....so patient with her food. i'm sure my boi like other bbs will shout and bang table liao! hee hee.... so much hair.....

hwee
the infant care has flexible times, like twice a week or half days, etc. Maybe you can try that. My baby did half days before I returned to work. They have baby gym, they read to the babies and there's baby massage on Fridays.

afcai
Nicole just blinks when water runs down her face. I dry her face and ears after shower with towel and cotton bud.

bloom
I used to carry Nicole for a few hours each time in the Baby Bjorn but lately maybe because she's now 7 or 8 kg (haven't weigh yet) I'll feel the weight on my back.

afcai, seems like bb tx has very good appetite. good for her. haven't started on any biscuits yet. will try later when he start teething. for now, its still no sound no picture.

lyricist, dun 'force' bb to drink with syringe. cos its force, they dun like and i guess the more they'll reject. when you add juice, do they drink ok? make sure it is very dilute and give them water every 10 mins. even if they just sip its ok. for the porridge and cereal, make them more watery also. hope this helps.
happy.gif

afcai, hwee
thanks for yr suggestions. just tried again and realised that if i just drip bit by bit from the syringe into their mouths, they will drink, rather than shoot the whole thing in straightaway. in fact, they seem to think it's a game.

my boy tried to poo just now. he strained so hard but he couldn't get the stool out. i had to use my fingers to try and dig it out, and he howled and cried during the process till i nearly cried myself, seeing him in such distress. although he seemed back to normal after that, i'm still feeling quite shaken. constipation can be so very traumatic.

i just can't stop wondering what i'm doing wrong when it comes to their diet...
sad.gif

Hi Dora,
how i envy JT thick hair.. her hair grew very fast hor.
happy.gif

Hi Afcai,
forgot to answer yur questions.
- Healthy times cereal cost abt $6.90 after the increase in GST. So far Hayley like its brown rice and I just bought her oatmeal for her to try n she like it too. The cereal very fine and smell yummy. The content is 2 times of Heniz's, so I found the price not too ex and moreover it is organic. Hayley also like Heinz's white rice too.

- Heniz teething biscuit : I try biting Heinz biscuit and it is very very hard. No wonder Hayley dun like.

- Avocado: no need to cook but must remember to choose those ripe type. Unripe one has a very raw taste and bb usually dun like.

lyricist,
erm, r u sure they're having constipation. Mandy used 2 poo at least once everyday. but initially when she started solids, she once pooed only after 8 days. but i din freak out cos read tt it's normal. i gave her more vege n water n she started pooing daily again. asked e doc at KK n she said it's fine. i realise she geks a lot when trying 2 poo oso. but again, read fr a bk n it says it's normal. they may b geking but it's act nt tt uncomfortable. e doc said as long as there's no blood in e stools it's fine. eh, i dun tink it's a gd idea 2 dig lah. tink can b q painful 4 them esp since their skin is so tender. imagine digging our own ass w our fingers oso painful 4 us.. hehehehehe... pardon me 4 being so crude.
as 4 water intake. u can try spoonfeeding, cupfeeding or use a straw. like wat afcai said, demo in front o them n pretend it's v yummy. being naturally kpo, they might just get conned. mandy's drinking water thru a straw now since she doesn't take bottle. cup feed is gd too, w a bit o practise, it shld b less messy after a while. gd luck wor!!!! n dun worry so much!
happy.gif

dora,
wah! u finally bot hairclip 4 JT huh? nice nice. she looks so sweet! btw, i always can c ur pix. dunno y others can't c. hehe
mandy's like JT leh, prefers solids 2 milk. n she'll latch 4 like 2 min, then kpo n turn here turn there, refuse 2 latch again. same same. i'd pretend 2 end e feeding session n put her bk into e cot. after e while, latch again. sometimes must repeat e process a few times. hiyo... these bbs hor, really like 2 tire us parents out!

bobianah,
wat a nice pix o hannah! it indeed can brighten up our day!
happy.gif

choo,
hiyo, u must really get e idea tt chubby bbs=healthy bbs n slim bbs=unhealthy bbs outta ur head!!!! how 2 b happy like tt if u keep hiam-ing tt ur ivan is too thin? if slim bbs=unhealthy bbs is true, then mandy is super unhealthy n undernourished. i dun believe tt. n all e docs i saw were fine w her -ve percentile wt n slow wt gain. she even lost wt twice n docs tell me it's ok. so long as it doesn't happen too many times n she's still happy, healthy n active can liao. really lah, 4 ur own gd, stop comparing liao. i find ur ivan so cute n yandao, u shld b proud o him. every bb has diff pattern one mah! all our bbs r special in their own ways so let's just enjoy our motherhood. in e future when they become teenagers, we'd haf lotsa 2 worry bt.
happy.gif

gan,
hiyo. hope u get well soon! really must get more rest n drink lotsa water n eat nutritious stuff. we, as mothers, really can't afford 2 fall sick. must keep ourselves healthy 4 our bbs.
happy.gif

Gan n Lil

Thanx for the recommendation on the brown rice cereal...I bot the Healthy Times cereal today at NTUC oredi...hv tried cookin mashed potatoes for Cae...

Bloom

Gif to u ah...sure u can handle 2 7 mth old bbs or not...kekeke...

kimi
don't worry, i didn't put my fingers into the crevice (wouldn't fit anyway). only used my hand to remove any poo on the outside of his anus. but i had to use one of those disposable nosedigger thingys to scrape out the rest of the lump still stuck inside. he was much happier after i got it all out.

at least my boy can poo, my girl has been stuck for more than 6 days now and she still can't move her bowels even after i used the baby enema. really quite worried now.

am pretty sure it's constipation becos the stool is hard, lumpy and dark brown. the boy cries whenever he manages to pass motion becos it hurts, i think. you know, i suspect that it's the cereal, becos i'm already feeding them quite a bit of pureed veggies & mashed fruits. i'm going to put them back on BM for their earlier meal but retain their porridge for their evening meal. will see what the paed hv to say on wed. thks for sharing
happy.gif

hihi!
aiyo.. i 1 day din read forum n hav so much to catch up.. :p

thanks all mommies who congrats me..
happy.gif
been driving for the past few days.. changing lane is still a challenge for me.. hahaha.. i think i'm a road hazard on road.. :p

PH has been constipated for 3 days already.. worried.. yesterday he managed to pass out a 20 cents sized poo... but heard fr MIL tt it's soft.. not hard.. going to massage his tummy n feed him more water today.. introducing spinach to him today too.. hope the fibres will help him pass out his poo by tonight..
happy.gif

PH got rashes on the night we fed him the strawberry yoghurt fr heinz for the photoshoot contest.. it's onli 1 mouthful for the photoshoot n he has a reaction liao.. so i finish up the rest of the yoghurt.. quite yummy leh.. hahaha.. :p very fuuny.. while i'm eating up his yoghurt, his eyes big big stared at me.. hahaha... :p

choo,
dun worry too much regarding ivan's weight.. PH oso lightweight mah.. till now oso slightly over 7kg nia.. but as long as he's a happy bb, i happy liao..
happy.gif
he din hav drastic weight increase even though i give 1 FM feed and 1 cereal feed.. n his digestion not gd.. i can't give him 2 cereal feeds.. if 2 cereals a day, he will vomit milk...
sad.gif
n recently, i think due to teething, his digestive system is acting funny again.. always burp out milk n is constipated.. juz hope tt he will be over this phase soon...
happy.gif

Choo
Ya ya agree wif Kimi/Shihui, u really shd stop obsessing abt Ivan's weight. Majority of our bbs here r underweight (with the exception of mayb Hwee's boy
happy.gif
)...it's just a matter of how far underweight nia. If u want to talk abt following growth charts I shd b super worried cos E's head circumference till now is still below 30th percentile. Does tat mean his brain is not growing much??? Tat's more worrying than weight not increasing much rite. But I dun go n obsess abt this mah. Must always c the positive side of things mah. Like I always say to my PD, head neber grow much nebermind, wat's important is the quantity n quality of the grey matter. The PD also agree mah.

Dora
JT v cute leh. Long time no c her liao. Think mayb E also miss her
happy.gif

Shihui
Poor PH... Din know Heinz got bb yogurt leh? I hv been looking for baby yogurt 2 feed E. But the so far only found yoplait brand called petite miam which is fromage frais n has all sorts of berries tat shd not b given 2 bbs at this age cos r potential allergens.

to mommies doing spinach puree, rem that dora mentioned there are 2 types and only 1 type is for puree, if anyone is doing spinach in near future can take a pic for me? cos i still duno what she is talking abt :p :p :p me vegie idiot.

Dora, wah... so good that ur bb loves solid, feeding kate solid is seomtimes like ww3. ehhe..jt got fringer..so cute!

lyricist, how abt giving them the gripe water? cos i think it got abit of 'laxative' effect.

choo, isn't mrs wong trying to scare u? how can she use the word alarming? a few of our bbs also not gaining wgt what... so we all have freak bbs?

hwee..ahah..tim got that xiao fei yu (little flying fish) look liao :p

gan, dont care abt the doc lah... no no i dont mean anexoric, i mean anaemic (not enuf blood/low blood, canot rem which one) which is when u din get enuf nutrients of some kind from unbalanced meals dont need to be skipping meals. of course u r not anexoric. wah..u really prepare alot of puree for hayley... lucky gal!

afcai..ahahah.tx really dont give her papa face... hahah..whats with men that they always buay song other pp's sleeping posture and wan to readj? watchout leh..cold storage's cereal's exp date is jan/feb 08.. not sure abt ntuc... wahh.tx's meals like airline food leh..alot of variety!
happy.gif
$110 means no price increase?

bobianah, wow..u mean hannah is learning to walk now? that is very fast! heheh..and all these months i keep typing ur name as boHbianah with a H :p btw, my sis wil not be applying for that job cos she had been rej at that pl before so scary scary liao anyway its too far fro her cos she lives in yishun.

snowy..cos i was thinking of using carrier for long hours (shopping , going in laws pl which need > 1.5 hr one way) so the carrier still give back pain then it does not suit my purpose liao...

Fizz..ahaha..with 2 7 months old kids of course got to hire maid lah :p u thot i superwoman ah :p 1 is already driving me crazy :p

mommies making puree..how did u store ur frozen purees? i am using ziplock now but find it mah fun..is it ok if i just put the cubes in air tight containers and put in the freezer?

Bloom, for my elder gal, i store the cubes in air tight containers and put in freezer. For Evee, i put in ziblog bags as freezer no enough space to put boxes
happy.gif
both ways are fine. Cold storage heinz cereal you are referring to? Seems that heinz cereal the expiry date is usually Dec 07 or Jan/Feb 08. I find that organic cereals got longer expiry date.

Lil, the petite maim baby yoghurt got plain vanilla flavour? I tot only the kids versions got berries.

Lyricst, you may want to buy those heinz bottled prune juice dilute it and give to your bbs once a day. Was told by my friend it helped her bb last time for constipation.

Lyricist
Aiyoh! So poor thing ur bbs...I know how stressful it can be when our bbs dun seem to poo properly. Hmmm I dunno wat else to add to other mummies' advise, but we oso try all kinds of ways to feed Hannah water, usually Rosehip Syrup in water works. She oso likes barley, so I give a some by spoon...but very little only. Everytime I change her, I will massage her tummy clockwise after warming my hands with some baby lotion. There was a couple times that her poo was pasty and thick, but so far ok.
Hope ur bbs will get better soon, see wat PD tells u.

Dora,
JT is soooo sweet!
happy.gif
Love her little hairclip!

Bloom,
aiyah, with "H" or no, same same la.
happy.gif
Okie, thanks for update abt ur sis. Hai...I still looking for pple...I think my work place oso not employer of choice cos we so ulu
sad.gif
dats why sooooo difficult to find good staff...only pple like me, no ambition type then can work here.
uhoh.gif

I think Hannah is cruising. The book What to Expect the First Year calls it cruising when bb holds furniture to walk side ways. Shes still wobbly of cos...and sometimes halfway will sit down. Quite funny to see cos she will slowly grip something, wobble wobble, shuffle her legs a bit, move her hands, then continue till tired and sit down. :p But aiyoh, really hv to keep an eye on her cos she so wobbly!

But she getting real good at crawling laover the weekend, she was chasing me around the house. She likes the orange slippers I sometimes wear at home, so as I walked from bedroom to living room and to and fro, she was crawling, following me...I thot it was rather hilarious!
biggrin.gif

Choo,
Hannah at 6 mths was oso at the lower end of 7+kg nia, but ok laI think she quite healthy. So, dun stress too much ok? Im surprised that Mrs Wong told u its alarming...think she shdnt hv scared u lidat. I think if u still worried, u shd see a PD...and always seek a second opinion! But as I see from ur pics, Ivan looks pretty good sized and healthy.

Afcai
Its good that cc delivers free even for $110 only.
happy.gif
I bot 6 panels, so they deliver anyway.

QSG
Petite miam is 4 kids or bbs I also dunno. But my fren bb tat time not drinking milk n her PD ask her 2 feed her bb petite miam 4 the calcium. It comes in 6pots with c mixture of flavours...think berries plus vanilla.

PH finally poo!!
happy.gif
after 3 days of worried wait.. hehe..
happy.gif
but poor boy.. he gek until grab his blanket, cover his face n cry... aiyo... heartpain.. den aft he finish pooing, he cried somemore... such a cry baby.. :p he's so exhausted tt he slept aft i bathe him.. :p

LiL,
PH's head circumference is below 25th percentile leh... i got a stupid bb here... :p muz be my genes.. hahaha.. :p nvm.. he will be like mommy.. sa3 ren2 you2 sa3 fu2...
happy.gif

the yoghurt quite yummy leh.. but got strawberry.. so oso potential allergens lor... i din check if there's plain yohurt fr heinz anot...

bloom,
u r a day late.. i juz pureed the spinach yesterday... :p but i think i still hav some.. hopefully still got leaves left so tt can take pic for u.. u wait awhile lah.. i go check out my fridge.. :p anyway, i steamed half a bundle of the spinach's leaves.. to my amazement, aft puree-ing the leaves, it onli makes up 1 tablespoon.. faint... so little for so much work...
crazy.gif

i got the petite cube fr BP.. using those.. usually i will put the cubes in freezer for the puree to freeze first.. aft tt, will but the cubes in the ziploc bag....

Bloom,
heng PH still sleeping.. i fast fast take photo for u..
happy.gif

round leaf spinach with the cube..
874835.jpg

spinach leaves..
874836.jpg

spinach roots
874837.jpg

Photo time...

Tat day my fren came 2 visit us frm KL. Brot her boy, bb Lochlan along...can u tell he is half ang moh? Think Philson looks more ang moh leh.
happy.gif

board-post.cgi

E: (Nudge nudge) Oi...What u doin in here??? This is MY cot!!!

board-post.cgi

L: Soooo....I m not scared of u...I may be 5 mths nia but I m bigger size than u hor. Dun play play hor...Grrrr!!!!

shihui, you good ah....yes, that 'heng chai' in hokkien and 'xian(4) cai(4)' in mandarin. i usually buy the baby type, meaning lesser stem and the leaves has this red veins.

hmm....poo poo.....yup like kimi said, sometimes no need to be overly worried. some bb like adults dun poo everyday. as long as they poo regularly, it should be fine. but if the poo is hard, then try to give more water. maybe try barley like bobianah. i give water to bb once he wakes up, like 7+. remember reading somewhere that even adults should drink when they get up or at least b4 8am then will get the large intestines to work out poo poo.... hope this helps.

fizz, if you wanna gif, me also wan! i like babies!
happy.gif

bloom, hope he'll be able to swim soon......hee...

Lil, my elder gal took the one for kids comes with strawberries for rasberries but from what i remembered the one specially for baby may have plain flavours. Not all supermarkets have, cold storage for marketplace may have but not cheap.

choo,

your obsession is doing Ivan more harm than good. Ivan is not sick, there is nothing wrong with him. Be glad that he is healthy and happy. What more should we mummies ask for?

If u continue in this manner, i would advise u to seek treatment fast. Depression is no joke but it can be treated. For your sake n Ivan's sake, please do seek consultation fast. A happy mummy is the best gift to her child.

choo

i am worried for you too! PND can manifest in many ways, unusual obsessing about one thing could be one symptom too. Why don't you at least speak to a professional and get some help?

Don't let this depression get the better of you! you need to be completely well to be the best mother to ivan!

Hi ladies,

Wow, busy reading thru the last 2 long pages of postings...

I'm not sure what happened at the Breast Feeding contest, coz I got lessons, so hubby was the one who brought Ace there.

No increase in his weight, still 10.6 since 1+ mths ago.

Afcai,

not sure if Ace kanna molested by the nurse or not, but I think this time they opened up his mouth to look at his teeth. And again, he wailed loudly, xian.. everytime if ppl opened up his diaper to chk, and this time for the teeth.. He sure cried
sad.gif

So, I dun think he can continue to get into the finals, coz I think no other babies cried..

Shihui,

Congrates!! Brave girl!!

Bobianah,

Me same same as u.. I passed driving in 1998, now 9 yrs later, still haven drive on road yet..

I read in the previous post bout someone asking for BM samples for testing, anyone had been donating to the student? How often is she going to collect those sample?

Anyway, finally brought little Ace for his 1st swimming session yesterday.

He was quite uncomfortable when he 1st step into the water. Cry lor..

Back