(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Jenny
ur jaslyn oso still hv jaundice ah? really shang nao jing leh. PD says generally jaundice will clear when NBs r 3 wks old, owise hv to undergo liver functioning test. goodness... but she din hv to b admitted again rite?

hmmm, is the name difficult to pronounce? a few pple asked me alrdy leh. its "Ru-ben"
happy.gif

u do ur massage at nite? so u wear the binder to sleep?

hi wei kuan,

i'm not breastfeeding at all. I cant cos I'm on long term medication. the medicine i get from gynae is for standby, in case i cant tahan the engorgement. I also try not to take any more medication.

gemini,
mil prepare for my boy e ang bao wif the thingy for his bed too.

crystallized, jenny,
my boy also jaundice until now. a couple of friends told me their baby had jaundice for more than 3 wks. another church friend son had jaundice for 3 mths. goodness!!!

jenny,
hope jaslyn is doing well.

crystallized,
nice name. had 2 friends by that name too...
happy.gif

Selina
HUH? 3 mths? so the pd sent the babies 4 liver functioning test anot? my pd says need to if the jaundice dun clear when bb is 3 wks old. on my side, i am not worried coz i noe BFG babies take a longer time to clear jaundice.

Thks, we liked the name v much oso.
happy.gif

crystallized,
ya lor, yesterday I saw Jaslyn, she was ok. But this morning, she's a bit yellowish. No need to admit but PD asked me to suntan her, but no sun leh.
Ya lor, asked hb, he also dunno how to pronounce.
Oh, my massage lady's dad is sick today, so she rushed back to Johor to bring her back to SG hospital. Partly becos I went for my gynae checkup and Jaslyn went for PD checkup, so today's massage needs to schedule at nite. Usually my massage is in the morning.
Ya, I wear the binder to sleep, no matter massage session is in the morning or nite. But I take off immediately once I feel itch.

Selina,
Hope your boy also get well soon. Praying all bbs off from jaundice. My massage lady told me to stop taking sesame oil and ginger until bb clears of jaundice. If not, stop BM. But my PD told me to continue with BM. I suspect partly becos I've been taking a lot of papaya when I was preggie lah. Cos my 1st gal no jaundice prob (I took a lot of watermelon when I preggie with my 1st gal).
Anyway, I'm not too worry with the jaundice as long as the level is not too high.

hi gals,
i'm still around. No sign of my girl wanting to come out today except contractions at irregular interval. So i'll just go for my scheduled c-section tmrw.

crystallized,
Reubern is a nice name. Reminds me of American idol:p

Hi, everyone.

So exciting to read about the new births, and your experience after birth taking care of baby.

Had a freak "accident" yesterday. Was washing my bottom and accidentally scratched my stitches. Ouch! Hurts, and bled a little. So painful when I applied the alcohol. The rest of the day, I lay down except for feeding and bathing baby.

Wei Kuan,

I don't know what's the statistics for episiotomy for 2nd-time mum. My friend gave birth to her 3rd boy 5 months ago. They were so cool ('cos 3rd one already lah) and delayed going to hospital... then the unthinkable happened... the baby was delivered in the car! According to my friend, hurt like mad and she had secondary tear. Not very sure what secondary tear is, but seems like it's not just superficial tear lor... So I think it's really case-by-case bah... Probably depends on size of baby too? Anyway, don't think too much about it now. If want to, can discuss with gynae. On the day itself, will be concentrating on pushing that need for episiotomy may become not so important. Hee... so leave it to the gynae to decide on the spot lor... Actually, gynaes also can't predict if need episiotomy. They're oonly able to make intelligent guesses... ;-p

Aspialle,

Don't know if the drip is compulsaory leh... When I had my 1st baby, was having Strep B, so had the drip for antibiotics, I think. Oh, actually I think my gynae likes drips... Haha! What a way to put it... ;-) 'Cos she gave me drip to stabilise (I think it's more to bring on) the contractions. Thus, I think if in future there's No. 3, I'll be put on the drip again.

Oh, when the gynae broke the water bag, it's like bursting balloon like that. Not painful, just uncomfortable... something like cervix check like that. I cried more because I was scared lor... Think few mothers are as needle ad pain-phobia as me, so you should be fine... :)

OK, baby crying liao... Feeding time... Chat with you again... :)

jenny,
I don't think papaya is the cause of jaundice.
I eat a lot during pregnancy. during confinment I also take a lot of ginger and sesame oil and at the same time give baby BM when day 2 after discharge fm hospital.

Hope all baby dun kana jaundice, it really heart pain to see own baby at hospital while mummy can go home.

Lee-Tung (leetung),
I was test Strep B positive (GBS+ve)for this pregnancy and it was stated in my medical record to put the antibotic but they have no time to put and I give birth liao. my waterbag broke by itself. Baby blood was taken for test and lucky is that GBS did not infected baby or I will certainly sue kkh cos GBS quite deadly.
Docs and MOs predict I will give birth at night, but after they walk out the room, I give birth in an hrs time. only hubby and I in the labour ward. if I did not press the red bell, I may give birth by my own.
They have insert a needle on my hand, but did not use it. after birth liao, they just take out. saying just in case. waste a few drop of my blood.

Hi Wei Kuan ,
You were mentioning strep B test . May i know when is your test done and is it complusory for the pregg to do as i am 37 week and my gynea didn't mention anything ??

mango16,
My doc did the test during my 36wk appt. I dunno if it's compulsory cos he din ask me, he juz did e test so I think mayb it's something all preg mummies do @ end stage.

Congratulations!!!! Coral...
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Congrats to Coral! Cant wait to see her back in action!
happy.gif

BBgrace,
we will b hearing fr u v soon tdy as well.
happy.gif
so u & Coral's bb same bdae!

Jenny
tdy my bb super duper cranky. wah made me so frustrated with him 4 the 1st time. and i oso started my massage tdy, so whole body feels so uncomfy fr the massage, and she applied some cream on my tummy and feels "spicy"... she said i can remove the binder aft 3 hrs since its my 1st time and i got skin rashes. i cant wait to remove it man! so sweaty! how u tahan wearing to sleep?

my boy juz cry and cry when he is usually asleep at tt timing i do my massage. i specially arrange this time coz i noe he will sleep the longest. who noes he was so cranky and i put him to my breasts so many times. dunno he hungry or wat, cant seem to fill him up. my breasts alrdy feel so soft liao. the moment i lie him down, he will fidget and start crying shortly after. i was so hungry & thirsty man! luckily i prepared a btl of EBM yesterday in case he is hungry while i hv my massage tdy. so while i had my lunch, my CL fed him EBM. then finally he is asleep now. babies hv growth spurts rite? wondering issit now... looks like i better try emptying my breasts aft each feed so can store some EBM in case he gets cranky again.
crazy.gif

my boy's eye whites still yellowish. and no sun somemore, cant even sun him. rained juz now but still so hot. goodness. me not in good mood tdy.
sad.gif

hi bbgrace,

advance congrats!

hi coral,

Congrats!

hi leetung,

same as u. I think yesterday while passing motion, i may have slightly overstretched one of the tear which make walking quite painful. hope that the stitiches are still intact. Today guai guai, lie in bed more often..

hi mango16,

my gynae did a Strep B test for me when i'm 36 or 37 wks too.

hi crystallized,

ur side rained already? mine side the sky are dark but still no sign of rain.....

hi jenny,

when did u did ur 1st massage with Mdm Naini after u have delivered? I have not called Mdm Naini yet, cos not sure when i can start the massage. My breasts still a bit hard.

Hi Gemini and Poison,
Just got to know tt we belong to the same Dr . Sometimes i really laugh out loud that you guys describle how "leng" his jokes . and worst still he likes to use his "leng siao hua " to beat around the bush whenever i asked him questions.

Gemini,
CAn share how is your experience with Dr Ho besides his super stitching gong fu ?

Fresh poison,

Is your Due still the same as i have not been following the thread closely..Any discomfort now ? and how is your preparation ?

I start to have a lot of loose bowel and sleepless nite and alot of cramp .sigh...sometimes really hope tt my gal can pop out early but my hubby still insisted our gal to stay in till her due date .He started to neg. with m every nite , i told him , negiotiate w the inside chabo instead haha...

mango16, both freshpoison77 and me share the same EDD 25oct

tommorrow i will go for my next apptmt..may drop by to see coral at kkh

Dear all
Juz rcv an sms frm bbgrace that her darling Emma Grace had arrived at 2.45pm today, weighing 2.22kg. Both are doing great at Mt Alvernia hospital.
happy.gif

congrats to coral and babygrace. so cute, their girl born on same day but charlotte came earlier only
happy.gif

me enjoying myself today althou alone at home. caleb very cooperative today. feed at regular interval of 2hourly for at least 20 mins. this is more relaxing than yesterday
happy.gif
hope it continues.

Coral,
Congrats! Finally Charlotte is here!

Babygrace,
Congrats too! You and Coral waited till neck long long le hor? kekeke...

Wei Kuan,
I read somewhere that papaya is suspected to be the cause fo jaundice, but I tell you lah, I half believe only lah. But I suspect is the food we eat lah, you see those ang mo bbs usually no jaundice one.

crystallized,
You feel uncomfortable after the massage?? I feel so relax wor.
Binder to remove after 3 hrs ah? Mine is 8 hrs. Did your massage lady apply desitin or drapolene before apply the herbs then do binding? Must put a lot leh. Then after removing the binder, you need to apply lots of desitin or drapolene to the binding area. My massage lady gave me this cream to apply for "more itchy" area. The cream is Hydrocortisone 1%. I just bought it from Northpoint Guardian Pharamcay at $2.20. It is really good wor, I applied to the itchy area yesterday and today no more itchy.
Get someone to look after your boy when you do the massage. The massage is for you to relax leh.
Ya lor, my gal today looks more yellowish than yesterday. No sun today again! The rain might as well dun rain, rain le more hot!

Gemini,
I did my 1st massage on Mon, 9 Oct. You can call Mdm Naini. She will asks you some qns and advises you when to start the massage.
YOur breasts still hard ah? Try to use cold cabbage again?

Selina,
You booked Mdm Naini? Have you start the massage? There's a Selina who called Mdm Naini during the massage session with me this morning, I tot is you kekeke... Mdm Naini said she dun have customer from Punggol/Seng Kang area, so I presume you have not started?

Hey gals,
I bought The Original Pumpin' Pal and received it just now. Tried using it, very easy to use.
http://www.mumsfairy.com/theoriginal.htm

Vivian,
Thanks for telling me that a Sep Mum bought this and found it useful. In fact, I read abt article of this thingy from Mother and Baby Mag when I was at TMC, and was thinking if this is good. I find it value for $, at least my neck, arms now stressless
happy.gif

Wow congrats to babygrace.

Today at my 39 weeks went for check-up 7 days more to my EDD. So excited however, me now feeling very very sad feel like crying out loud, cos gyane said my baby too big for me to natural birth.. that's why no sign no signal... baby now 3.7kg i wanted to opt for natural birth but gynae said not advisable haiz.. now my mood is just like the haze outside, seem so hazy
sad.gif

halo mummies,
sun's not cooperating again today... tmr is kimi's appt with PD le.. sigh... really hope she will be alright... doing what i can for her already, but the weather's really not encouraging..

she puke her milk out again just now. really donno why... any mother experience this too?

mum keep stressing me to feed her water. saying her intestines must be cleaned with water etc... even if abit also good... so stressed up that i am on the verge of giving in already....

mdm sabiah came today for our first massage. quite alright, though not painful like susi... wondering if no pain = no fats lost? now bind up. she said to remove one hr after dinner. but effects will be better if remove tmr morning...

I'm really frustrated. With baby's jaundice and her poor appetite, think i am gonna get PND soon

mango16,
Dr Ho say EDD no change during my last appt. I seeing him again on Fri, c wat he say then. As for loose bowels, I've been experiencing ever since I went past my 33weeks. Like today alone, I went 3 times oredi, lucky I started my leave last week.
Mayb u can check wif him abt ur strep b test. A bit strange that he din do leh.
I've also been having cramps like aspialle too but think my bb no wish to come out yet. Anyway, I've been asking my bb when he wans 2 come out. My hubby also cant wait already since till now he dun hav any actual contact wif e bb.

Aspialle,
Mayb u will hav good news tomm during ur appt. I hoping Fri my doc will finally tell me can give birth already!!!

babygrace,
Advance congrats...

esther,
So ur doc dun advise natural. Nevermind, look on the positive side...as long as bb is healthy tat's e most impt thing rite! I'm sure ur doc will do wats best.

deedee,
relax... take care of urself and dun fret too much otherwise if really kena PND then troublesome.
I noe a bit easy 4 me to say cos I haven pop yet so really cant understand ur frustrations. However, try to take things easy okie...

Dee Dee,
did you burp bb after milk feeding? Try to burp longer. Think got wind.
Giving a bit of water is ok even though bb is on BM.
No pain means no wind.

Jenny
i feel ok during massage but i hate the sticky feeling and the axe oil smell on my body aft the massage. she massaged my tummy and aft tt, alot of water oozed out! i was so surprised! haha... but her massage is 4 overall body, i thot she will concentrate on tummy area leh. urs?

got my CL to look aft my boy while i am hvg massage. juz tt he was cranky aft tt.

no leh, she din apply any drapolene. but she noticed i got rashes at my backside and asked me to use drapolene. mayb i ask her at the mxt session if can apply drapolene to ease the itch.

yah lor might as well not rain, make weather more humid & stuffy only. anyway i am gg to bath again tdy. so there is sthg 4 me to look fwd every alt days.
happy.gif

Dee dee
dun stress. if ur mum insist to feed baby some water, and to ease her nagging, i suggest u give in. thats wat i did when my mum & MIL wanted to feed bb dong gua water. anyway i used spoon to feed, so it doesnt interfere wif his suckling. juz a few tiny teaspoons. dun stress ok.
happy.gif

ur Kimi puked milk, issit alot? u tried burping her aft feeds?

Aspialle and poison,
Dun tempt me leh .. i also wish my bb can come out early thou my due date @ 31st Oct. Seriously i welcome my gal to pop out anytime as i got problem walking liao ( i got really BIG tummy ) but my stupid hubby still try v hard to beg the bb gal to stay till her "FULL TERM" .i very sian liao waiting ..

hi mango16,

agreed. sometimes cant understand dr ho jokes too....

that day when he wanted to induce me, i actually wanted to ask him whether can i delay by 1 day (mid-autumn festival), but i kept quiet when i saw his stern face. i find that he's very optimistic, will always give the pro & con of the decision made. but i find that must see his mood one, if he's a bad mood, dont ask too many unnecessary Qs.

hi jenny,

thks. will call mdm naini tomorrow. My breasts now still got a bit hard, will apply the cold cabbage

crystallized,
Axe oil smell, is your massage lady using those chinese oil for massage? I tried one massage lady for normal massage before, is those "yao you" smell.
My massage lady massage the whole body. She will also put herbs on forehead to get rid of wind.
You go and buy the cream from Guardian Pharamacy to try lah, very good for itchyness.

hi mummies,
yah, Kimi practically merlion a short while after her feed. was surfing around the forum and found some mothers with the same concern. most after consulting their PDs found it to be common and of no due concern. so now i am more careful with her feeds, and to burp her and also to hold her sitting up for awhile before letting her lie down...

tmr seeing PD, hope he gives kimi the alright signal, and no more blood test for jaundice..

Jenny,
You are welcome. So is it good? If really good hor, I also thinking of buying leh.
After putting it on, still need to press the pump to your breasts?

Esther,
If you trust your gynae and he advise you against natural birth, then you should take his recommendation. Although measurement can be wrong, it is still up to you whether you want to still try to go natural. But whether it is natural birth or c-sect, as long as your bb is healthily and safely born, it doesn't matter anymore... So dun be sad. You are so close to be hugging your bb liao... dun stress yourself too much...

Dee Dee,
Puke milk is quite common. Puke a bit or all of it? puke a bit of milk is ok but not all the time lah.
Make sure you burp her well.
As for water, I do give my son water. But only a bit when weather is really hot and he gets cranky. Too much of water is not good too, coz it will fill up his stomach and later might not be able to take his milk. So for me, I will give a bit of water since no harm lah. Dun stress, you are your bb's mother so trust your instinct.

Thanks freshposion 77 and vivian your advise made me feel better now.. hopefully after a sleep tonight my thoughts wil be better bah.. now really in dilemma ..

Wei Kuan,

Wah, why the nurses like that one... Not serious leh... Since put in needle liao, should have put you on the antibiotics straight away. Also didn't monitor you. Bad leh... Not professional... Luckily baby is alright. it's all that matters... :)

Gemini,

Hope you're better after the lying down. Ya, try to avoid sitting on the stitches. Will aggravate the pain. I'm back to normal after 2 days of bed rest (except for attending to baby and chores). o take more fruits, veg and fibre so that don't need to strain so much during bowel times. Take care...

hi gals,

reporting live from the hospital. Thanks for all the well wishes.
Emma's a bit tiny. I feel like a 1st time mommy again handling a fragile new born.

Congrats to Coral too!

Hi mummy and mummy to be,

Gynae has just called me, will be schedule for c-section tomorrow at 7pm. Me now getting more and more nervous however at the same time anxious and happy. Wish me all the best hor,
happy.gif

mango16,
gynae test Strep B during 34weeks.I did not ask for it, she test it on me during my appt.

Lee-Tung,
They intend to put it abt 2-3hrs time, that the time they will come to check my cervix as they mention my cervix still thick and only 2cm. they did not expect in only 1hr time, I was 10cm liao and 4 push, baby is out.

I heard from my colleague the midwife at Mount A will help to massage the breast during Labour time to stimulate breast to produce milk and latch the bb on immediate after birth. Is it true? or we have to ask them to do that? How about those giving birth at TMC? My colleague said the LC at TMC not very good except for Mrs Wong B B.

bbgrace
wah! reporting LIVE fr Mt A ah? heee, how u feeling? Yep, Grace is a bit small but she will grow in no time!
happy.gif

Esther,
JIA YOU! once u see ur little one, nothing else matters, all the pain will b worth every single bit!
kao_happy.gif

JJ
i answered ur qn in the sep thread liao.

hi vivian,

this foto v cute leh! i find that Rhys had ur eyes.

hi esther,

soon u will be holding ur little one in ur arms soon! jia you!

hi bbgrace,

as long as Emma is healthy & Dr Ho say everything is fine, she a bit small is ok.

hi lee tung,

u too take care. Dont walk too much also. Now i still guai guai take the medication for stool softening...

FM
==

i know that most Oct mummies are BF, but for those who gave FM, what brand are u using? I'm using Friso and wish to have some feedback on it.

Back