(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

Hi mummies,

How do we see if our baby got jaundice?

My PD only say my boy got mild jaundice, didnt tell us what level etc and only ask us to sun him for 2wks, front n back 15mins each. So not sure if still need to continue to sun him...he's getting kind of tanned now after all the sunning.

Latest graduates!

<table border=1><tr><td>MTB</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDDate</TD><TD>Arrival</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>Weight</TD><TD>Baby</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augbaby</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>23-Aug</TD><TD>6-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>2.8kg</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augustmum</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>12-Aug</TD><TD>30-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.06kg</TD><TD>Zacchaeus</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbnmum</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>13-Aug</TD><TD>27-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.365kg</TD><TD>Vytoz</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butter8</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>15-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3kg</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cecilia Tan</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>16-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.975kg</TD><TD>Lim Iy Xin, Rachelle</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheers</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.99kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chrys</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>23-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>2.96kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>CJ</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>10-Aug</TD><TD>8-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cocomo</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.305kg</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr W K Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dino</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>13-Aug</TD><TD>30-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.325kg</TD><TD>Pierson</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Erin00</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>2.445kg</TD><TD>Kayden</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eugvel</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>22-Aug</TD><TD>9-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.4kg</TD><TD>Jovie</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fio_cms</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>22-Aug</TD><TD>18-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.68kg</TD><TD>Denise Ang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jesline Tan</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>11-Aug</TD><TD>1-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.3kg</TD><TD>Jia Hui</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jfong</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>7-Aug</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.68kg</TD><TD>Reanne</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>4-Aug</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.23kg</TD><TD>Edward</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leobbsmom</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>7-Aug</TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.31kg</TD><TD>Shervonn Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr W K Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamaiffah</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>6-Aug</TD><TD>30-Jul</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.00kg</TD><TD>Dina Qistina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noe</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>28-Aug</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.08kg</TD><TD>Julien</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Dr Tracy Lim </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ningyo</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>14-Aug</TD><TD>7-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.64kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piyo</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>23-Aug</TD><TD>15-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.255kg</TD><TD>Megan Tay</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Fong Chuan Wee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rain</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1-Aug</TD><TD>1-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.82kg</TD><TD>Xylia</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sierra</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>17-Aug</TD><TD>26-Jul</TD><TD>2GIRLS</TD><TD>2.45kg &amp; 2.21kg</TD><TD>Amelie &amp; Kathlyn</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smlow</TD><TD>33</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.6kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wanli</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.77kg</TD><TD>Melody Ho</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zshih</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD>15-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.3kg</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td>Total Princes</TD><TD>12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Total Princesses</TD><TD>15</td></tr></table>

Hi Cheers/Fiona,
You can download photogadget from download.com and use that for resizing too
happy.gif

Hi Butter8 and white lady,
how about giving some glucose water?

Hiya

Initially Chloe was a little jaundiced too so tried to stick to 3 hrly feeds (as much as possible - she's really her own person when it comes to when she wants to eat though).

Re crying and wanting to be carried all the time - am also experiencing that in the afternoons. For the past 3 days, she's not wanted to sleep after drinking milk. Her eyes will be HUGE and she'll cry is she is put down. It can last the entire afternoon (12 - 5 plus). Worse, must walk around and pat pat her before she is happy!! But at least she sleeps through the night...

Fiona: yup, dun need direct sunlight. we only expose them to whatever sunlight that is coming thru the window.

White_lady: dun worry, the jaundice level will come down
happy.gif

hi Eunice,

My gynae is Dr Jocelyn Wong from TMC, rather gentle lady.. She did my c-section last friday and everything went on well.. came to visit me even on sunday.. would say a good experience with her..

hi mummies,

my first posting here... sorry kinda long... read a few mummies with same baby problem as mine.. jaundice... my baby was discharged with 8.7 and yesterday went to see pd, the level went up to 12.3! but no need to hospitalise if < 15. now worry it will go up further.. my pd told me to go TBF, no FM/water and this will help jaundice to go down. but read other postings here some pds claimed otherwise.. now im confused as to TBF is good or bad for jaundice... dun understand why the pds said diff things... anyway my BM also not enough so still have to feed FM. cannot starve the baby right... sigh...

wow , so quiet today .....

check with mummies ,

this year , there is two 7 month , 1 actual and 1 " ruin" 7 month .. so for the " ruin " 7 month , will u all bring small babies out during nite time ?

Hello Mummies,

Me still not yet graduate leh.. keke.. went gynae yesterday.. good news is that baby is engaged.. and no longer in posterior position!
So, talking to her helps!

But, still no contractions.. AT ALL! So, gynae says, next wednesday, if i still haven't pop by then.. then, after check up, admit straight into hospital, as baby is now 3kg, and amnio fluid is starting to get lower, though still at acceptable level..

Hi Kelly,
Thx for the adv. Am now using pigeon manual pump, instead of latching bb as she will suck n sleep. In the way, i will noe how much she drink. Btw jus ask mum to prepare papaya soup for me to boost the supply hope its helps. The soup need to drink how long n how often?

I think i am having PNB due to my diabetes n bf problem. Very moody nowadays. Glucose reading is between 7 to 10 which very discouraging. Mood getting worse whenever i am going to take my reading. Thought i am getting well after delivery but it is going the other way round <haiz....> Nowadays eating lesser n lesser, maybe that's oso the other factor why my supply is getting lesser.

Sorry gals for the long reply as need to vent out. cant tahan liao.....

Hi Butter8,
No worry about yr baby jaundice, my PD said baby jaundice will hit Max on 7 - 9days then will disappear slowly.....My baby case is different..

Jokojoko,
I think water/FM will help clear the jaundice faster, you need to make sure yr baby poo poo every day. But if yr baby having breasfeeding jaundice like my baby then if you go TBF will increase the jaundice level. Anyway, my PD said breastfeeding jaundice will not harm the baby, so should not stop breastfeeding. If you not sure whether yr baby having breastfeeding jaundice or other jaundice then I think is good to continue PBF.

Hi Eunice,
I'm with doctor Jocelyn Wong as well, she is good!

White Lady,
Thanks for offering your help, managed to resize the pic with the software recommended by Piyo.

Piyo,
Thanks for the tips and also for updating the list.

Kelly,
Thanks! Trying to rest as much as possible, but today spent the whole day in hosp with my gal, now whole body aching(dun dare to let my MIL know), DH just gave me a massage feeling better now. Fortunately BB's coming back tmr.
497359.jpg

Hi Fiona,
Your gal is so CHUBBY &amp; CUTE !!!!
So far Denise is the CHAMPION in weight !!!

Hi Leia/Jasmine,
Went for GY visit yesterday, my gal's head is only 1/3 engaged. My GY did not do a VE check, so I dont know whether I have dilated or not
sad.gif

But my GY says he estimate I will deliver in 4-5 days time, which is near to EDD of 30 Aug! Cant wait for that day man
happy.gif

lala,

keke.. if i really gotta induce.. think i pick thursday nite.. so, baby's birthday is 1st September, a Friday, and i will start my maternity leave then.. and i can gain 2 extra days of maternity leave due to weekend.. keke..

lala, Jasmine:

My next visit to the gynae will only be on coming Mon, which is my EDD. See how then. Meanwhile, I hope to enjoy what I think is the last weekend I can have to myself. :p

In any case, I'm back at work today. Din start my ML. :p

hi wanli,

thanks... ya i will continue to do PBF... baby poo poo everyday... so hopefully his jaundice will drop soon...

kao_smile2.gif
My Birth Story

1000hr
Visited GY, only 2cm dilated.
GY did a stretch and I was 3cm dilated with irregular contractions.

1100hr
Went home by myself &amp; experienced stronger contractions.
Called GY &amp; we arranged to meet at Mount A.

1300hr
Reached Mount A.
Went into First Stage Room as the all the delivery rooms were utilised.
Was given enema &amp; told to hold for 10 minutes.

1330hr
GY came &amp; did VE.
I was 4cm dilated with regular strong contractions.
GY broke my waterbag.

1400hr
Delivery room was available (actually they opened up the spare delivery room for me)
I waddled to the delivery room in my sexy hospital gown sandwiching the pads between my thighs.
I must have looked ridiculous.
kao_biggrin.gif

DH finally arrived from work &amp; depositing my #1 at my parents'.

I have asked for Epidural before admission &amp; Dr Chong (previous Head of Anesthetist Department at KKH) did the procedure for me.
He's sure experienced &amp; fast!

Felt like bearing down.
GY checked that I was 9cm dilated &amp; told me to push.
kao_sticktongue.gif
I was like, now?

2 pushes (the contractions did the rest) and Julien's out!
He sure has strong lungs!
kao_dizzy.gif

I did not have any episiotomy &amp; experienced only 1mm tear which healed by iteself on the 2nd day!
kao_clap.gif
All Glory to God!

hi Jasmine, leia and lala,
glad u will be holding ur baby in ur arms soon. all the best and have some rest before bb arrives
happy.gif

Noe!

Good to hear from you. Julien's got big bright eyes. Does he look like his bros? :D

erin:

Thanks for your wishes!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
can I ask if those mummies who have popped, do you have lots of lochia after delivery? mine like not a lot....like clearing up liao and it's only been 1 week after I am discharged...

NOe,
CONGRATS! your bb is very fair !

Thanks Erin, I am now resting at home, waiting for my BIG day ! Plan to go swimming everyday until I pop
happy.gif

Thks Lala! I love her chubby cheeks too!!

Congrats to Noe ofr such a smooth delivery!!

Piyo,
I dun have alot of lochia too, only once while I was sitting on the toilet bowl then 3 blobs of clots came out. Now only get a little more after I got stimulated by breastfeeding and milk expressing...

kao_biggrin.gif
Hi Mummies,
Thanks much for your compliments!

kao_sticktongue.gif
Ha ha Leia ...
I think Jul has his own looks.
I still trying to figure out.

Hi Piyo,
My lochia seems like it's clearing too and it's only my 5th day.
The lochia discharge period gets shorter after my each delivery though.

Hi Noe,
how long does the lochia normally last?

Hi Fiona,
is yours by natural delivery? I heard during csec, the dr would clear up quite a bit of the blood liao so the lochia will be lesser... wonder how true...

hi piyo ,

ya , for c section , the gynae will clean up some blood ...

i was thinking , i should ask my gynae to take out my fats too ! haahaa

hi piyo,
my gynae said lochia normally lasts for 4 to 6 wks but it differs according to individual. i'm going on to my 3rd wk and i still have a bit. seems like it's going to stop. was about to ask u gals whether the texture changes. now, no longer watery but more of like jelly type and brownish. is it normal?

Hi Erin,
kayden's ears look long!!! 4-6weeks? I am only into my 2nd week and it's almost like clearing up already to brownish stains only..

Hi White lady,
I have the same tots as you! if only the gynae can do lipo at the same time for me!!

aiyo leia,
u kgar kgar ,har. better stand by, dun panic last minute. q alot of things leh. u know which items to pack?

however, this may be sign dat ur bb is not in a hurry. cos wen bb due soon, we will hav a nestling instinct to get everything ready--tidy the house, pack the bags... get busy etc

Hi Piyo,
Ya ... As Erin has shared, lochia discharge can last up to 6 weeks though it varies from mother to mother.

For my first delivery, I had it up to 6 weeks whereas my second, I had it up 3 weeks.
Though currently my lochia discharge is a lot lesser, it can also be rather cheong hei.
Meaning that I will experience little lochia discharge but up to 3 - 4 weeks before it totally clears.
kao_sticktongue.gif

hi mummies,

can i check if you will defrost frozen BM by soaking in tap water or hot water? the nurse in hospital said by using hot water will kill the nutrients in BM but I was skeptical.. wouldn't it take like ages to defrost if soak in tap water?

hi mummies,

can i check if you will defrost frozen BM by soaking in tap water or hot water? the nurse in hospital said by using hot water will kill the nutrients in BM but I was skeptical.. wouldn't it take like ages to defrost if soak in tap water?

Hi mummies,

I'm from Sept MTB, i just lost contact with the confinement nanny i booked and urgently need to get a replacement
sad.gif
Anyone had one and can recommend to me? My EDD is 24 Sept.

hi piyo,
ya, kayden's ears are quite long. his ear lobes also very thick like my hubby.

hi noe,
the photo is taken when he just finished bathing so quite alert lor.

hi jokojoko,
learnt from antenatal class that if u want to give ur baby bm from freezer, u have to take it out from freezer and put in the refrigerator 1 day b4 to thaw it. then when u want to use it, put it in a cup of tap water. do not use hot water as some of the nutrients will be lost. hope this helps.

hi cherrie,
my confinement lady is pretty good. if u r interested, pls pm me as she's still with me until 3 sept.

Back