(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

Hi all,

Long time didnt login and post. A lot of mummies have popped! I am with Mona, the massage lady which chrys recommend. She's friendly and quite good. I have lost 1 inch in just 2days.
Here's my baby boy's picture when he is a 10 days old. His eyes didn't open big enough.hehe
494978.jpg

Hi mummies,
Noe's baby Julien weighs 3.08kg and borns on 21 Aug. She is at Mt A and will be discharged tomorrow.

Mummies who undergo csec,
Do you all wear ab binder?

Congrats Cecilia and Dino!

This is the latest table I have. If any of your details are missing/incorect, please PM me k
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>MTB</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDDate</TD><TD>Arrival</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>Weight</TD><TD>Baby</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augbaby</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>23-Aug</TD><TD>6-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>2.8kg</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Augustmum</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>12-Aug</TD><TD>30-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.06kg</TD><TD>Zacchaeus</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbnmum</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>13-Aug</TD><TD>27-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.365kg</TD><TD>Vytoz</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chrys</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>23-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>2.96kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>CJ</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>10-Aug</TD><TD>8-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cocomo</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.305kg</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr W K Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dino</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>13-Aug</TD><TD>30-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.325kg</TD><TD>Pierson</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Erin00</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>2.445kg</TD><TD>Kayden</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jesline Tan</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>11-Aug</TD><TD>1-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.3kg</TD><TD>Jia Hui</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jfong</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>7-Aug</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.68kg</TD><TD>Reanne</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>4-Aug</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.23kg</TD><TD>Edward</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leobbsmom</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>7-Aug</TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr W K Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamaiffah</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>6-Aug</TD><TD>30-Jul</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.00kg</TD><TD>Dina Qistina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noe</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>28-Aug</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.08kg</TD><TD>Julien</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Dr Tracy Lim </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ningyo</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>14-Aug</TD><TD>7-Aug</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>3.64kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piyo</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>23-Aug</TD><TD>15-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.255kg</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Fong Chuan Wee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rain</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1-Aug</TD><TD>1-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.82kg</TD><TD>Xylia</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sierra</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>17-Aug</TD><TD>26-Jul</TD><TD>2GIRLS</TD><TD>2.45kg &amp; 2.21kg</TD><TD>Amelie &amp; Kathlyn</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smlow</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>3.6kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wanli</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>GIRL</TD><TD>2.77kg</TD><TD>Melody Ho</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td>Total Princes</TD><TD>11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Total Princesses</TD><TD>10</td></tr></table>

Hey, Aug mummies. Congrat to your new born. Im a MTB from Nov, so would like to find out anyone of u can recommend a post natal massage lady that you all have tried. Thanks

Hi Piyo ,

i think the recovery part is ok for me , and can get down the bed the next day in hospital =) And i think i will also go for epi c section if i have the next baby =) the whole op happen so fast , and its over !

And my gynae did ask the nurse to get me a binder , he say that with the binder , its easier for me to get up n walk ... so i just wear it all the way ...I think ur wound is not so painful already rite , since u already give birth abt a week ... =)

Hi mummies, Congrats to those who have popped. I was due on 28.8 ard the same time as Erin, but had to be induced cos bb was weighing in at 3.3 kg at 36 weeks. on 8.8, Rafael was born, I think according to piyo's table, my baby tops the weight category, at 3.765kg! but he did lose quite a bit of weight after 1 week, and picked up again in the 2nd week. Strangely enough, he hasn't poo-pooed in 10 days, until the paed had to give him a suppository.

Is there anyone out there who starts with breastfeeding and then tops up with formula? My son, will suckle for abt 45 mins on both side and wail, so i give him some FM - abt 60-90ml, depending, and then he is pretty contented and sleeps....i used to be on total BF for my first 2, so I am rather concerned that by doing this, my BM, will never be fully estbalished. ANy mummies with same experinece?

would like to check with mummies ,

my baby have alot alot of peeling skin , and his whole leg , all got dry skin , is it becos i let him sleep in air con room ?? do i need to help him apply any baby cream ??

Hi Piyo
I hvnt wear any binder yet. I juz bought it will try it later tonite to c how.

Kelly,
Congrats to you on your new appt.

BTW, any mum that only pump out their bm without latching on their bb? Mine dun wan to latch. My supply very little lei. Only 20 - 30 ml every pump (both side). Eat alot of fish and oredy drink more water/juice. any advise?

Hi White lady,
Ya I also managed to get out of bed the next day and the wound was not so painful by the time I discharged now it's quite okie liao
happy.gif
I am still wearing the binder though.

Hi Augustmum and White lady,
My baby's skin is also peeling. My confinement lady told me it's normal and I checked with PD again this morning. he also said it's normal. My confinement lady uses Johnson's moisturiser to apply on her skin. she said that Johnson's cream is one of the creams that will help to remove the old skin fast!

hello

sorry got to b a quick post again .. ask u gals, before one month, can take bb out annot? i itchy to go out already loh, and hv a small gathering this fri w my friends i wan to go to w bb leh .. but dunno if safe b4 his vaccinations annot

Piyo ,

so is it better to apply Johnson's moisturiser ? or just leave it ?

pupsandcups ,

abt bringing baby out , think is up to you , i know some mummies , bring their baby go shopping when baby only 1 week old , but for me , i wont bring baby out cos too small ... maybe 1 or 2 months then bring him out

pupsandcups
leon's such a handsome boy...cant wait 2 c him.
u &amp; me can really shake hands. i was dying 2 bring edward out when he was 1wk old BUT husband forbid so we only brought him out when he was 28days old. hee! hee! he's now reaching 6wks old, he has gone out 7-8x (i go out almost every other day and i'm NEVER home on wkends).

for my elder son gabe, we brought him out when he was 1mth old. when he was 6wks old, i brought him out alone n we went out almost every other day as we r a SAHM. nowadays if u keep my elder son cooped up at home 4 too many days, *i tik* he gets cabin fever, juz like e mummy.
biggrin.gif

piyo,
wow, megan is very sweet, love her rosebud lips n she's so fair, like u.

as long as u r not giving FM, u r considering TBFg. me still PBFg, lazy 2 latch edward once or twice in 24hrs (anytime within tat 24hrs) so i supplement.

cecelia,
how often do u pump? how abt increasing ur frequency? wat kinda pump r u using? sometimes e pump may play a pump.

white lady, augustmum, piyo
edward's face was also peeling in his 1st 2wks. i didnt do anything, juz let it b...like wat i did 4 my elder boy.

i do apply J&amp;J moisturiser on edward's body but it's more for bb massage. i brought gabe 4 bb massage class b4 n have a book so i doing it 4 edward.

fiona,
congrats too! denise is 1 big gal...do post pics. i love 2 c bb girls' pics.

dun worry abt timing, my husband also pantang abt timing so i didnt share e exact timing too :p

linda
for edward, i started wif latching followed by FM. not bcos i dun 1 2 b on TBFg but i very worried tat edward cant flush out his bilirudin (his jaundice was at a threatening level at 1wk old) i dun feel confident abt going TBFg fr the beginning bcos of my bad experience wif my elder son.

anyway, right now he still on PBFg. i feed FM for his bedtime feed or during nite feeds 2 make him sleep longer. e whole family co-sleeps tgt in e same room so i cant afford either son crying/fussing and waking up e sibling. there r a few days when ed's on TBFg cos it's always easier 2 latch him then go thru e effort of preparing FM/EBM.

since u managed 2 TBF ur 2 older kids, how abt giving urself more time 2 establish ur BM ss? do continue 2 latch n c if u can pump out any BM after u latched him. in tis way, u can slowly stop feeding FM n switch 2 EBM.

piyo,
i 4get 2 add tis...ur BM ss is very gd cos u can pump out so much after u latch. i dun tik i can get tis amt. i never tried but i tik i shld 1 day when i can breathe.

dino,
hope u dun get offended...2 me, pierson looks like lin junjie (a famous local singer). very cute leh.

cecelia,
apologies...i meant 2 say tat sometimes breastpump plays a PART. anyway, u only gave birth 1wk ago. give urself some time 2 establish ur BM ss. latching does help in some ways 2 stimulate ur breasts betta than pumping. if u can, continue 2 try latching ur girl (not when she's fussing) when u can gauge tat she's due 2 drink milk (eg if she's due 2 drink at 3pm, u try latching her at 245pm).

kelly,

Thanks for your wishes
happy.gif

lala,

No leh, gynae said no reason for him to do anything at this point in time. He'll see me next Monday at the clinic. If I have to see him any earlier, it'll be at the hospital. :p

Jasmine,

Now I'm having 2nd thoughts abt starting my ML on Fri. Aiyah, if baby can tell me he's coming out on EDD 28/8, then my decision wldve been more simple. :p

Hi mummies, anybody tried the massage lady Mona? Need some comment on her skill as Im one of MTB from Nov. Or is there any gd recommendation?

kelly, pupsncups,

been only home since last thurs, but already feel so cooped up.

Today i almost broke down, cuz while BF bb, i think my flow too much, he try to drink n drink.. afterwards, he puked up his milk
sad.gif
i feel so bad... then i try to pump other side out for him to drink.
should i continue to pump and feed?

i would love to bring bb out soon, but i've been worrying on how i am going to cope. my mum &amp; maid not yet familiar with handling baby, let alone me... I fear I wont know what to do, like when need to feed or change diaper in public place.
is it the hormones? like so many negative thots..
sad.gif

i oso got upset when i cannot handle leaky breast :p then mess up, and now not enuf nursing bra.. cuz me only got 3 pcs. sigh, thot of getting hubby to help me buy 1-2 more and maybe some nice nursing tops? i think seeing myself in nitegowns all the time is making me depressed too.

any mummies got some tips on BF n coping with confinement? pls help
happy.gif

hi all!

I gave birth to baby Chloe on 15 Aug! Am now at home facing the challenges of breastfeeding (attempting total) and post natal blues and just learning to deal with a brand new person who is entirely reliant on me. I must say, I am not finding the adjustment easy and the first day I was back, burst into tears at the thought that my previous life was over. Of course I was really happy at the start of a new and exciting life with baby girl, but still quite stressed out by the challenge.

My baby girl was 3.3 kg at birth and 50 cm long!

Anyone having difficulties maintaining a regular 3 hourly feed? Chloe seems to want to control the timing herself, sigh!!

Thanks Kelly, yep, dr did say to give fm to help with the jaundice too....but baby seems so insatiable, that i wonder if i do hv enuf milk. Too lazy to pump still!

Butter8, for leaky breast, when you feed on one, use your hand to press against nipple as you feel let down, it does help to stop the other side. But guess bb just has to get used to the flow, esp as he grows older. A bit of puking is fine, altho it looks like a lot....

Butter8,

Understand how you feel...I also have very quick let down. Baby will end up crying, choking, puking and will then pull away.First three weeks, no problem...but this week, problem arose and I got fustrated too, even though I BF my elder son for a year.

Baby looked so miserable during bfing...and for most feeds, have to stop for a while to curb the let down and then continue to feed again...ended up taking an hour to feed him with all the intervals in between...real sian...

zshih,

It's quite hard to stick to routine for bfing...do remember there will be growth spurts, at 3rd week, 6th week and 3rd month, and baby will demmand for feeds, at closer interval...you may want to listen to your baby and don't be so fixed on routine...

Hi kelly, white lady, augustmum
ya we can apply J&amp;J cream for the body but best leave the face alone. This is the advice of the PD I went yesterday too.

Hi kelly,
Thanks but she is really tiny! Lots of people say she looks more like my hubby!so b!even my parents say so!Btw, which massage class did you bring gabe to? i am thinking of bringing Megan after 1 month.

ok, then I am on TBF but my milk sussply like not regular. Sometimes alot sometimes very little... how come ah?

Hi Zshih,
Chloe and my ger shares the same birthday! I have included your details in the table
happy.gif
I feed on demand rather than on schedule

okie got to go and be cow liao... come back later!

Hi All Mummies,

I think most of the Aug's mummies already graduated
happy.gif
, Congrat!! we can have gathering soon!!

Hi Kelly,
I am on TBF my baby for 2 weeks, after that I bring her to see gynea again on the jaundice and her jaundice level still high 16. Lucky clear the liver test so comfirm is breastfeeding jaundice. but I scare liao so back to PBF. Anyway I also feel more convenient expecially going out then I can let her drink FM. Is Edward already clear his jaundice? Any idea how much weight the baby should gain for each week?

Dino,
Yr baby very cute and chubby :D!! Eyes look like father right? I remember you have big eyes. What is the weight for baby now?

Piyo,
Yr ger very sweet
happy.gif
, got rosy cheeks!

Hi Chrys,
Nor yet see you post yr baby photo lei......

Hi Wanli,
I asked the PD on wt gain per week. He says guideline is about 200gms per week.

Hi Dino,
your baby looks so chubby! wish mine will be like yours soon!

keke,

looks like most of the mtbs have graduated to mummies liaoz and are back!!

welcome back!
Seeing all the photos makes me so gain to see what my girl looks like leh...sigh.. another day gone by.. today on mc.. keke.. too tired.. have gynae visit @ nite..

wanli,
edward cleared his jaundice when he was abt 3wks old. when i brought him for his 1st mth jab, e PD also said he no more jaundice.

piyo,
mayb tat's y i didnt apply anything on his face. i only know i not supposed 2 put anything on his face when it was peeling. dunno who told me abt it.

i brought gabe 4 bb massage at Babies n Cream at Great World City when he was abt 5-6mths old.
http://www.babiesncream.com/index.asp
u call them 2 find out more.

piyo

ur husband must b very pleased 2 know tat megan looks like him. usually the 1st daughter tends 2 look like their daddy while e 1st son looks like their mummy.

abt irregular BM ss, it's normal cos u r not a machine. ur ss is affected by many factors such as fluids intake (i use word fluids cos u need not drink water, u can b drinking milk, soups, juices, etc), rest, stress, food intake, etc. even u can control everything 2 b e same everyday, ur body may function differently.

do it this way...measure how much u can pump out in 1 day, not at each session. do it over 1wk period. tat shld give u a gauge of how much EBM u can pump out. for example, my GF is able 2 pump out abt average 1L EBM everyday.

kelly, whitelady,augustmum,
the PD recommmend not to use J &amp; J for bb if bb hav sensitive skin. ( it's too dry) He prescribed QV kids cream for Kaefer and the skin peeling healed after few applications.

any of ur bb suckle very hard? everytime he start to suck on my nipple, my face turn like a prune cos it;s so painful. but he is able to continue to drinking, n some milk may flow out of his mouth. My CL say my nipple too big for the mouth wor. Am afraid he will ahv big mouth next time...

any tips to help bb not to suckle so hard?

Thanks Linda for the advise.. i tell myself not to be miserable, each day will get better. if dun think positive, i guess thats why mums will give up.

zshih,
after checking ryans jaundice level, doc recommend i keep to 3 hour feed. so at times we may have to wake him but so far ok.

wanli,
my baby now only on 1st week and jaundice level about 14.8. I am also on partial breast feed. but in the day, i BF or express for him, only 1 nite feed is formula..

Anyone has CL? so far how? can get along with a new stanger in house?
does CL feed baby water? is that ok cuz mine does give a bit. she says will help jaundice.??

butter8,
according to my PD, it;s ok to give bb some water, especially if jaundice is high as bb needs more fluids to pass out.

butter8,
I remember reading from a local magazine dat we're living in the tropics and weather is hot, so it's okie to give a little water. Books from foreign authors usu states dat there's no nid to give water though but the weather conditions r relatively different. For me, I do give my son some water.

Hi all mummies ,

my baby still have jaundice , he is 2 weeks old , i was thinking of stop giving him BM for a while, maybe it might help the jaundice to go away faster ?? or is there any other way to make the jaundice go away ? other than suntan ? cos recently no sun at all ... =(

Hi mummies,
congrats on the arrival of all new babies..me now can juz pop in n pop out and slowly read the thread..coz i am now on total BFing for my son during the day only...n at nite i feed him 2 feeds of FM coz dun noe y seems like my BM is not eno in the nite..maybe bec i dun drink much water during nite time..I can sometimes latch my son on both side for an hr and less than 30mins later he will wan his feed again and cry. Hence i feed him some FM at nite so he wont disrupt the rest of the family...
happy.gif
Anyway check wif u all, now my bb seems to want pp to pick him up and sometimes when he cries, it is not bec he is hungry or his diaper needs to be change, coz after we pick him up, he will stop crying and when we put him down on his bed, he start again till we pat him to sleep..do any of u all face such things? N shld i be carrying him each time he cries..coz older pp say shld not but he cries non stop and also i am worried coz i got a friend who carry her bb each time she cries till she sleep and now she needs to always carry her bb to sleep and once put down, she come awake...i am so afraid this will happen...anyone can advise. Thanks.

Hi augbaby ,

ya , old people always say , if baby cry , let them be , cannot go carry , if not next time HAVE TO carry ! hahaha ... But i read in a baby magazine , its say ...

Bonding with baby

Will you spoil ur baby if u pick her up each time she cries ? No. One reason she may cry is that it will take her up to four weeks to realise that she's not attached to you ,the way she was when she was in ur womb. She has been used to getting food and warmth around the clock ! In any case, research has shown that babies whose cries are met with response grow up happier and more confident.

Hi all,

Today brought my BB to PD and her jaundice level reached 271, so end up admitting her to MAH for phototherapy. Hope the repeated test tmr will show good result then she can be discharged. Missing her already...

Initially I supplement her feeds with formula milk too, but my milk came in on the 4th day and so far have been expressing abt 80-100ml every 3 hrs or so...so far so good lor.

I'm trying to upload her pics, but even after tried shrinking it's size, stil keeps saying image exceed size...sian

White_lady: it's ok to give your baby BM. In fact continue to feed your baby regularly, the jaundice should subside when the baby starts to drink more and pass motion/urine more. It helps to clear their system. What I did to my gals was also to expose them to the morning sunlight (before 10am) for a short while (expose the face and chest area, but protect the eyes)

Hi white lady,
omg...50kb is really small, tried still manage to shrink till 200+kb only. Will try to upload on my blog when i'm free then...thks!

Sierra,
I'm gonna sun my gal the way you described when she gets discharged from hosp. PD mentioned don't need direct sunlight, just put her next to the window where the sun is shining outside will do, bcos only need the UV rays. I still continue feeding my gal BM by expressing and bring to the hosp.

hi all,

i'd given birth on 2nd Aug which was also the EDD. my daughter was 2.99kg, 51cm.

fiona:
me too..can't seem to upload also.

white_lady:
how to shrink the size huh?

Fiona ,

you can save ur photo as a Gif file , then will have no problem ... or if u want to post ur photo here , u can email me , i help u to resize and post up =)

hi cheers ,

u can use photoshop to resize =) if u need me to help u , no problem too , u just sent me ur photo , i help u resize n post =)

wanli,
like wat piyo has shared, PD's guideline is 200g per wk but fr my experience, tis only applies for e 1st 6mths. after ur bb turns 6mths old, e growth rate is somewhat lesser cos bb more active - flipping, sitting, crawling, etc.

white lady
when u r helping others post pics, do post pics of ur bb too. havent seen ur bb's pics yet.

cheers, fiona
congrats! rest well during ur confinement &amp; post pics of ur bb.

white_lady,
lotsa fluids is 1 of the ways 2 help remove ur bb's bilirudin in e system. sunning is another. u can give water 2 help get rid of e jaundice.
for me, i dun practise giving water cos my bb is almost on TBFg. he only drinks FM once or twice in e whole day, sometimes he dun even drink FM

Back