Lyn,
a fren told me, "happy mummy, happy bb". First we have to be happy/ rested, then can do more for the kids. U r too tired, yet coping so admirably already- I'm sure once more help gets in, everything will be fine.
My helper's childcare components include- cook for kids, wash bottles, wash butts, showers, feed kids (solids, not milk) if I'm tied up, play with kids if I'm crashed out.
I dun let her feed Irv milk, dun let her lull the kids unless I'm not in, and night-time I don't need her to tend kids at all. Dun let her bring kids out alone except when I can't help it- she'd walk Ath to Kindy, mayb happened thrice only?
Yes I agree with u that washing butts and showers and feeding are all VERY bonding- I started out not wanting anyone else to do that... but oh well, I decided they bond with me plenty elsewhere, I want to make my life easier
. Another mum started out not letting her helper shower kids or even touch the kids' food (she prepared the food herself), now she's very much more relaxed. So... u'd probably find ur equilibrium down the road
.
Art/ Crayons- I am *PARANOID* abt the kids scrawling on my *precious* curtains, haha. I vetted all washable ones (unless the grans quietly passed contraband items to kids undetected in my radar). And I place art table further from my curtains. Curtains and upholstery very hard/ troublesome to SAVE!
As for marks on walls, I'm alot more tolerant of that. Sometimes kids doodle on paper, then out of natural "WHAT IF?" curiosity, will scribble on nearby wall. If can catch, will remind not to do so, but otherwise... quite natural tendency. Best thing is supervise, then no need to clean extra mess.
a fren told me, "happy mummy, happy bb". First we have to be happy/ rested, then can do more for the kids. U r too tired, yet coping so admirably already- I'm sure once more help gets in, everything will be fine.
My helper's childcare components include- cook for kids, wash bottles, wash butts, showers, feed kids (solids, not milk) if I'm tied up, play with kids if I'm crashed out.
I dun let her feed Irv milk, dun let her lull the kids unless I'm not in, and night-time I don't need her to tend kids at all. Dun let her bring kids out alone except when I can't help it- she'd walk Ath to Kindy, mayb happened thrice only?
Yes I agree with u that washing butts and showers and feeding are all VERY bonding- I started out not wanting anyone else to do that... but oh well, I decided they bond with me plenty elsewhere, I want to make my life easier
Art/ Crayons- I am *PARANOID* abt the kids scrawling on my *precious* curtains, haha. I vetted all washable ones (unless the grans quietly passed contraband items to kids undetected in my radar). And I place art table further from my curtains. Curtains and upholstery very hard/ troublesome to SAVE!
As for marks on walls, I'm alot more tolerant of that. Sometimes kids doodle on paper, then out of natural "WHAT IF?" curiosity, will scribble on nearby wall. If can catch, will remind not to do so, but otherwise... quite natural tendency. Best thing is supervise, then no need to clean extra mess.