(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Paula,
Thank you
happy.gif
So far, I am very careful for sweet things that state "sugar free". I will read the ingredients list. hee... KS me... So far, I haven't found that is really "sugar free".
hmm... work from home is not easy also if gotta concentrate and the kids around.
Wow... Just a few times Kelly got the idea of fixing puzzles
happy.gif
I was looking for 8 pieces one but cannot find. Ok, then I will start from 24 pieces one
happy.gif
A can piece the 2 pieces puzzles already. He got bored of it, I guess. I am also bored :p
Where is growing fun?


rodeo,
Of course higher pay job.


joyfulmum,
It's best to let them lead us. It will be happier for everyone
happy.gif
I learnt not to do shichida worksheets everyday now. Everytime end up making A cry cos he will wanna play with the crayons, markers, and I am scared of the mess. End up I get so stressed and upset cos "homework" havent finish.
Maybe before Barney finishes, tell her like 2 more minutes and switch off already ok?
eg. When A wants black beans, he will go on and on if I did not tell him "last one, ok?" After he finished the "last one", he will happily tell me "no more". I think gotta let them know what to expect in advance. My mum and sis dunno gotta tell him "last one" to make him satisfied when I wanna stop giving him more of his favourite food. So sometimes, left him crying out loud.


calliope,
At one point, I also thought A is colour blind. hahaha... That time he always tell me blue is red and vice versa. Wow.. your gal can speak long sentences already...


toto,
Wish J a fast recovery
happy.gif

If I were you, I will go... :p But I am more "bochap" to some people. kekeke... Sometimes, it's media blowing things up. There are still lots of children there with the hot weather, recent outbreak, pollution...
happy.gif
Go with your heart...

How's your "roof hunting"? Found somewhere to move to already?
Today is my helper's second day. Think she's God-sent now
happy.gif
hahaha... I can live in a clean and tidy environment again
happy.gif
Think that makes my mood better also.
 


lyn, wow... your helper seemed to be adjusting well. helpers are God sent... ke ke... my helper din want to go to the US with me... dunno how i'll manage there... so sad...

i have found a roof liao... will be moving to a condo along Pasir Panjang Road... ke ke... near to J's school...

i have not even completed the first month SM worksheets... ke ke... hard to find a good time esp since J's weekdays are often packed with school.
 
Joyful: I think your method is right. Jia you!!! Sometimes we just have to be hen xin to keep our stand. It's tough though. Have to try very hard not to give in to their crying/etc. You're absolutely right that grandparents makes disciplinary more difficult & they have moving benchmarks. If it's your parents, you can still 'shut them up' and get your way, but if it's inlaws, that's tougher unless the father speaks up.

Yesterday night, mil was snacking on chocolates after dinner (bad habit imo) then she gave ER eat some!!! Grrrr!!!!

Falling from bed
You may want to lay mattress around the bed just in case it happens again. That's what I do currently.

Btw, I haven't paid you the taxi fare. Remind me next time we meet.

poohy: Hive attack? Sounds serious.

Re: colours
If the item is blue/black/brown, got chance he'll get it right. But if it's colours he can't pronounce yet, everything is blue by default :p

toto: HK generally is not known to be child-friendly and their air is more polluted compared to ous here. As for weather being hot, it's hot in spore now too. Like you say, best is if he recovers b4 the trip. Just go if you feel it's fine.
 
Lyn,
The "Last one" and pre-amp worked before and still work most of the time nowadays. But lately, she has been trying to push boundaries more than ever. Really like what I read from "The new Strong-Willed child" and "Boundaries with Children" books. So have to be more firm. Like Calliope said, I began to see that she actually "like" being disciplined. Yesterday after the saga, all the adults were hurt one way or another but she was happy and angelic! It is something about how they need to test and see that mommy is indeed stronger than her and hence, she feels more secured and ok with mommy making the call. Strong-willed children generally do that and if the adults failed them. They will take charge over situations very naturally. If that continues on through the terrible 2 stage, it is said that they will be even tougher to handle during teeage years. My prayer is - to tame the temperament without breaking the spirit. Easier said than done. My worst fear is the extremes - tamed until the spirit is broken or totally go wild and grow up to be someone who has zero understanding about boundaries and respect for others, self-centred. But that is why God made mommies, I guess. So much heartache for me....but I really love my little darling.
 
Rodeo,
You buy me lunch b4 you finish you project lor.
happy.gif


Snacking on bed? No no for us too. G is not allowed to eat in the bedroom.
happy.gif
I told her ants will come and sting her - it's very painful...hahaha. To be honest, still tough to talk to my own parents about things...coz no matter what they think we "hiam" them. Well, it is touchy especially they love G too....but what to do, have to learn to deal with it lor. One of my big motivations? To show G example of how to handle differences and conflicts...haha. Lots of prayers for harmony and wisdom and healing (of heartpains)...:p
 
Joyful: No prob with lunch :p

I mean snacking just after finishing dinner. It's going to be difficult to stop ER from picking this up cos both papa & mil like to snack not only after dinner but also just b4 dinner. Grrrr!!! I hate this.

Anyone has hubby who usually eats dinner 10+pm to past midnight? Really don't know what to do to make him eat dinner at appropriate timings! Note that he's at home. Any ideas? Sigh... how to teach children to cultivate proper habits if grandparents/parents don't even do them 8(
 
re: hive

its normally allergy response to something. I had not identify that something yet
happy.gif
But she is ok... just cranky. At first I thought something bite her.... all those legions of ant/mosquito bite kind of rash all over her hands and legs. We sanitise her beddings etc yesterday. Later when I see it subsiding then I think of hives.

toto,

J also have phlegm and running nose. She is not going to school today liao. poor jake... oh ya the HK outbreak is a little concern... try to keep him from being exposed to crowded places for too long ? And let him take vit C? not sure will that helps...

me too feeling a lot of apprehensions about going to perth. Scared later they are cranky.


lyn,

glad to know your helper is doing well. Your good news give me more courage to look for a maid myself when no.3 comes... I also wanna have a better quality of life back
happy.gif
 
toto,
Yeah!
happy.gif
I am very happy with her. At least my MIL was around yesterday when she came. MIL also like her looks. hahaha... She's clean and detailed. kekeke... Agent told her first priority is the babies. So when she hears the babies cry, she will attend to them. hee... She picks up things very fast. Just need to show her once and she gets it. Now she cooking for me. Later will bring BnC for injection
happy.gif

I realised that one sheet per day is fine. A cannot do more than 1. We will get overly stressed. So now, take it easy.


rodeo,
It's not easy to have pple in the family snacking away. kekeke.. My mum cut down her snacks already. If she wanna snack, she will eat when A is sleeping or in secret. My sis also loves to snack. Now, she got used to the idea of putting the snack in her mouth in the kitchen, then walk out. hahaha...


joyfulmum,
What about getting a bed guard rail? I just got one from Robinsons. Safety first brand. I have yet to try it though. A will be back tonite to see his new bed
happy.gif


Oh I see... hmm... I dunno if my A is strong willed. So far ok, but he's few weeks younger.


rodeo,
They will follow what the adults do. The most you can do now is to follow what you want yourself. Eat at appropriate timings and don't snack too
happy.gif

I am having problems with television. My mum and sis and BIL sure watch TV when home. My hubby can get stuck at TV too! I don't watch at all. How I wish I dun have TV at home. hahaha... A is stuck to TV! Think my mum let him watch when in JB
sad.gif
Well, I gotta close both eyes. I gotta switch off the main switch now, cos he knows how to switch on TV with and without remote control. And he knows which remote control is for the television. I gonna start bringing him to the room and read to him when the TV is switched on. Haven't been doing that for past few weeks. Maybe that's why become like that also...
 
poohy,
Yeah! So far only second day with her around
happy.gif
At least I am happy now. My hubby also happier now since he can have his own time to go for a swim yesterday. After months of doing housework every weekends and week nights. Last nite, we went out for dinner also. It was a nice break.
I communicate with her by writing down the keywords. She's trying her best to speak. If I dun understand, I will get her to write too.
I hope this will be the only helper I employ
happy.gif
The agent interview all the maids. For his records, he don't have problems of maids coming here and run away, or have different expections. He set the expectations as a house maid right from the start. If they are not happy with the expectations, he will not bring them into Singapore. I decided to get from him after speaking on the phone with him for 3 hours. hahaha... And he told me never bring her to Peninsula plaza. That is where other pple can offer her other opportunities in their language.
Fingers and toes crossed
happy.gif
 
Lyn,

So your maid is here? U took Myanmar maid? Mind sharing me your agent contacts and how much u pay for agent fees etc..

TIA..
 
lyn, glad to hear your maid has increased your quality of life. i do agree, with a helper, lots more can be done.
happy.gif


poohy - maybe you should seriously consider this. ke ke...
 
lyn,

can pm me the contact of your agent? Think I will give this serious thoughts.... your life really sound improved and happier
happy.gif
 
MTDT,
Yep yep, I really love their puzzles. The quality is very good too.

Rodeo,
Yea, was quite relieved when I announced my intent. Cos the past two years or so, I am really struggling between work and being a super mummy to Kelly. This role of mine is not an easiest and the department has a target to meet plus the fact that it requires traveling which, I felt that excessive traveling right now would do more harm to Kelly than good. For your survey, I would easily opt for (2). At least for now, I would like to secure a stress-free job!

Wen,
Really paiseh. I left my mobile in the car and only got to read your message when I reached home. Kell fell asleep in the car … keke. Wen, have you tried giving G options when is TT-ing?

Calliope,
Yep, Kell has started babbling off colors such as green, blue, red, purple, yellow, orange, black and white about two months agos. She is also in shapes such as circles, triangles, squares, ovals and diamonds. However, I find it hard to get her to pick up alphabets.

Lyn,
Were you the ones who mentioned that you used miso in your food preparation for A? Is miso good for children? Any thing that I should look out for? Growing Fun can be found at Vivo and United Square.
 
Lyn,
Great to hear you are happy with your new helper and enjoying yourself!
happy.gif


Rodeo,
I let my ger sleep early at eight so that we can have some couple time together and we can also indulge ourselves in snacks and TV once in a while without our ger catching on such bad habits. I find this rather good...very balancing too for us as couple and parents.
happy.gif


Paula,
My ger can rattle on with the colours but cannot match them correctly when asked to so that's why worried. Similarly, she can recite and sing the alphbet but cannot recognise them. Think she's really very auditory and not very visual sort, dunno how to help her.

Re: Hfmd
My ger's cc got one case liao.
sad.gif
Dunno whether to send her there next week.
 
Calliope,
Hmm, you may want to consider getting her those colors or shapes matching puzzles? Kell picked these up during our drawing session. When I introduced her to these matching puzzles, she is able to match it correctly.
 
maybe it's too early to expect them to label colours correctly? hehe for me i know she's not colour blind when i see her being able to sort beads of the same colour tog. It shows she has the concept of colours at least.
 
Lyn...
Hows the service level of Brighten? I cant stand those agent that Lie to Employer.. saying this maid can do this do that, can speak superb english and ever=n teach the maid to lie to us.... U wont believe it.. but my previous agent really like that lor
 
Lyn: Great to hear that your helper is good so far. Yup, I will not snack if ER is around/awake :p Talking about tv...it's difficult to cut them off. I'm also a tv-addict, but eversince ER's arrival, I hardly have any time for tv. Hehe, ER also knows which is the tv/vcd player controller, how to switch on the vcd player, put disc into it, close then wait for his show to appear.

What I don't like is eating in front of tv, which is my hub's family way of eating. They don't eat on dining table, but bring all their food to in front of the tv. I don't have this habit cos my mum bans us from doing it. My mum's rule is "Either you eat or you watch...and you can only watch after you have finished eating" Now I really appreciate her in cultivating this habit into us and hope I can pass it on to my son. However, I'll be tongue-tied if he asks: Why papa/ah mah can eat in front of tv but i cannot? *Faint*

Paula: Travelling is no-no for me too but it's part of my job 8( So far I've been lucky to be working on local projects. Have only been overseas 7 days so far. Another 1-2weeks for my current project due in Jul. Not sure about future though. That day just told my boss that I'd like to be grounded in SG when he said sales in Thailand is doing well aka implying company is progressing well. Arrgh, I don't want to go up there. And yes, I also want a stress-free job that allows me to go home on time so that I can spend time with ER. Anyway, I'm stuck with the job cos i need to bring the bread home.

Calliope: Wow, your ger sleeps at 8pm? IMO, I don't really want ER to sleep at 8pm, cos I normally reach home at around 715-730pm after work each day. By the time I have bathed & finished dinner, it'd be like 8pm earliest. Then I'd spend some time with him till about 930pm whereby he takes his milk, then we'll go to bed. Frankly speaking, there's not much couple time to talk about in my case; probably becos of my hub's differing habit/lifestyle from mine. Haha....
 
Cheri,
Thanks for the idea of using sorting to see if they can see colours.
happy.gif
Yah...actually also think it's too early to expect of them but dunno why everytime meet friends/relatives, they'll always ask her colours, then she'll anyhow whack...haha.

Paula,
Thanks! Where to get the colour puzzles?

Steffi,
If she comes out of her room,i'll just keep putting her in.
First time out,i'll tell her:
'XL, it's bedtime now. Time to close your eyes and sleep'
2nd time:
'Close your eyes and sleep.'
3rd time:
'Sleep'
Subsequent times:
Just bring her in, saying nothing.
Must remember no eye contact at all times cos if not they'll wanna talk. We also switch off all except kitchen lights.
First 3 days alot of crying but after that,she knows that's just her bedtime routine. So far this method is really working for us, even during her afternoon naptime. She wakes up 6:30 and naps 1:30 to 4. This schedule is fantastic for us!
happy.gif
Also agree with rodeo that you'll have to find a schedule that fits your lifestyle.
 
Paula,
No worries.
happy.gif
We took it as a learning experience. Now that we know where it is, we hope to go there more frequently.

There is something I learnt from Terrific Toddlers. I began to feel that I probably should have done it differently - I shouldn't have asked G so many questions. Eg. Do you want to drink milk now? Would you like to go to park? Would you like soup for dinner? Well, it all started because it was fun asking her questions and got responses especially when she was below 1yo. She is so used to deciding what she wants that it may be one of the reasons why she is not following what mommy says....The younger they are, the fewer decisions they should be making themselves....something like that.

Mandeville,
I can't find their phone no. Any one have can post here? TIA
happy.gif
 
<font face="tahoma"> hi ladies
happy.gif


Lyn,
glad to know that your helper is adapting well. am seriously thinking of getting 1 too coz i dont wanna my mum to over-work... not easy to handle Wes alone. he's too active!

rodeo,
i dont mind title, you can call me clerk but as long as pay is good and responsibities not that heavy :p

toto,
glad that you've found a new roof
happy.gif


re : HFMD,
JG Evans is closed voluntarily for today and tomorrow to do cleaning up. </font>
 
Cutiezayn, you mentioned before that your boy is with Zoophonics? Did you go for their trial class before deciding to enrol him? I am thinking of enroling Jerica at Jurong West zoophonics.
 
spicegal, no trial class at Jurong west and bukit Timah branch. So, i just signed up the regular class and will start tomorrow. Anyway can get back the deposit if I give 1 mth notice on the withdrawal. So just let him try and see how lor..
My girl was there for almost 8 mths and I think she like it.

Mt, Still thinking. Unless husband can take turn, my job don't allow me to take 1/2 day leave for a week. One of the mummy in my girl class recommend me to go for it, she say very interesting and she join almost every holiday if the topics is different.
 
mspiggy: Hi5! I also want to be clerk if pay is good. Can achieve that in Oz due to min wage legislation. I told my fren I'll be data entry clerk if i move there. Haha... Are u still planning to migrate there? I should be staying put here unless hub uncovers some opportunities over there &amp; will be able to support us.

Joyful: Alemak, I also always ask ER questions. Eg Do you want to drink milk now? How much you want to drink? Do you want to go swimming? etc etc.... My maid also always ask him, esp the milk part. Cos if he says yes, then he'd finish drinking all. If never ask him, most likely he won't drink.
 
cutie - actually my fren went to the last dec one, theme eric carle. she also says v interesting
happy.gif


but i most likely going for another hol program... so will give this a miss
happy.gif
 
shapes/colours:
i made my own shapes n colours activities for Chloe. So far, she is able to match them n know most shapes. For colours, still not there yet, she is able to sort out and match only.

spicegal, cutiezayn:
I also intend to sign up for Chloe at zoophonics last month but hold on bcos of hfmd. My fren's boy is with JW.
 
CutieZayn: Oh GNC got sell? Thanks for informing on the promo. I got GNC membership card :p I was thinking to give it a try see whether can help to improve my boy's immunity system. He's very prone to cough &amp; running nose these few months. Any idea if it's very sweet?
 
paula,
Great idea! Miso Udon
happy.gif
So far I only thought of stir fry vegetables.


celeste,
Give Alex a call to see how you feel. I find him a sincere guy. He showed me maid's medical report done in Myanmar n also in Singapore, and all other documents. He seems honest to me. Think he set the expectations right for both parties. He told me the language problem before I chose. And told me how to deal with it. My maid spoken English not very good, but we can communicate. She can comprehend me and if she does not, she tells me no. Then I write down and she understands. So far so good. She also brought two dictionaries. Before that, Alex told me they are no good in taking care of kids. I was surprised she's sensitive to BnC cries
happy.gif
Alex told her the first priority is taking care of kids.
I chose from database. Did not interview via phone. Alex asked me my requirement, then he recommends. One of my requirement is a degree :p

later all..
 
hi all

i hv been missing so much here.. life get busier w/o my CL but still manageable. My mouse went missin and internet keep cuttin in &amp; out... oni can read n not post :p

hey lyn
you seem to be more relax now.
happy.gif
I m lookin for a maid too after I move to my new place. Let me know how urs goes along, okie. email me the contact when u are free. thks
happy.gif


Let me know when are u ready to go out
happy.gif
I went out w shannon to vivo juz now. I went robinson on wed. last sun to takashimaya. all the shoppin hahahaha...

Paula
hey u finally decide to be SAHM or changin job. kelly is a bright child.
happy.gif
Btw, post the gummies ok.. my mandy is mad abt choc n sweet and I really hate it when she reached my MIL hse. Her gu gu give her non-stop till i told her off straight in the face yesterday. Was darn angry...

Pawprint
I wish you stay in the North so Mandy can join ur playgroup. She really miss out alot.
sad.gif


Celest
Hey i tried ur "BIRD &amp; Pacifier" mtd lei. U noe wat my Mandy told me yest nite...

"No No share .. mine mine.. i wan my tutu" I asked her to throw into the dustbin. She held both the pacifier n its cap and pretend to throw inside. And she told me again "NO No.. i wan my tutu" then she told me again.. "I throw cover" Faintz..think i will hv a HARD time gettin her wean.
 
<font face="tahoma"> Hi rodeo,
yap, shd be migrating there if nothing goes wrong. gotta PR quite awhile already, initally have to move by this yr but luckly managed to get extension ;)

Hi Dor,
you're really steady! just finished your confinement and already cheong so many places with Shannon!
happy.gif
</font>
 
Rodeo, Wen,
Keke … guess motherhood changes our life and our perceptions of life totally…

Dor, Lyn
The multi vit brand is Mr. Tumee (purple color packaging). The following is worded on the packaging.
Vegan, Gelatin Free. Multi Vitamin and Mineral Gumee. Literature regarding this can be found on www.mrtumee.com.

Dor,
SAHM lah… quite looking towards it. Walks in the park… cooking together … do things at our whim and fancy. Hey try this method. Is Mandy scared of any insects? My friend shared this with me. Cut a hole in her pacifier. Tell her ants or cockroach or whatever insects that she is scared of has bitten the pacifier. Then tell her to throw it away.
 
Aishite,
I am just wondering if you want to do without an additional birthday cake for the bash and get agar agar or cup cake instead? Cos I just saw my receipt with Pine Gardens and it reads ‘2 kg cake’ lei. Doubt we can finish the cake …
 
Colours,
i used to wonder if Ahgirl was colour-blind. Then she got her colours fine.
I see Ahboy going thru same phase too, every colour is "RED!". Or "GREEN" (red- stop, green- go... he into traffic lights/ vehicles, hahaha).
I think they sometimes learn a new word or take a fancy to one particular word, and apply it on everything ;) . Not colour-blind, just a phase
happy.gif
?
 
Oh, something I tried with Ahgirl last time.

Blow up different-shaped balloons. Eg. One can be long in RED, the other round in BLUE, another heart-shape in YELLOW. Start with these 3 balloons, can liao. I put them out of reach, and she had to tell me which colour she wants. That got her colours right, almost immediately! Cos sometimes she wants a specific shaped balloon, so she'd try hard to identify the colour. After the basic 3 colours accomplished, can add on other colours, or in mandarin instead.

Dunno where I kept these odd-shaped balloons, have to get round to blowing it up for Ahboy!
 
Pawprint,
Jezoir and Irvin alike! Red stop, green go, yellow slow. Haha... Jezoir also loves cars and trucks and trains... practically anything with wheels! And today when we visited a preschool, the centre manager showed him an excavator and said "Truck'. Jezoir corrected her and said "No... excavator". So funny!!!

Joyfulmum,
You are right re - Diff child, diff way to evoke interest. Since Jezoir loves practically anything with wheels, we got him puzzles having such things and he's really having fun with them. :) Recently got him this and he's loving it!
http://www.growingfun.com/product_details.cgi?PROD_ID=976

Paula,
If you move to Bt Timah, where will you be placing Kell? I went LL (Toh Tuck) this afternoon and was disappointed. The floor was very dirty and a little girl counldn't find her bag when she was to leave and her daddy was helping her to search all over the place! :-(
 
Lyn
where can i find this 'benito' miso paste? thanks!

dal
i'm placing my ger in TELC in SIM, Clementi coming July. if u free, can go take a look! Heard Creative O near Imm oso not bad but i've not been there b4.

wen
manderville's number is 62501911

mt
the thing abt these hol programs eg. Zoophonics r they usually last for a whole week rite? Everyday lessons? find that so siong hahaha...tedious for mummy to bring them there everyday...
 
Dal,
No intention of withdrawing her from RV@LP even if we relocate lei. This school is extremely good lah. Too perfect liao ... can't find any reasons to withdraw her. Our search for flats now extended to Thomson. keke...
 
Something to share …

When I was preparing Kell for naptime today, I told her that I will take a nap first cos’ I am not well. So, I told her to read books and when she is ready to sleep, join me. Very soon after, she came up to me with her beloved Elmo blanket, placed the blanket over me. Positioned herself beside me and started patting on me and sang ’lullaby baby… ’ So sweet hor? At that moment, I just sat up and gave her a big hug. Sick also dun need medication liao… keke.
 



Back
Top