(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

<font color="0000ff">Ben &amp; Jerry - Free Cone Day today... heard its frm 12-7pm... not too sure...</font>
 


<font face="tahoma"> <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Birthday Bash Votes : </font></font>

1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)</font>
 
Good Morning Mummies!

Gambatte! all mummies...it's really not easy on us now that our toddlers are at the TT stage.

Joyfulmom,
Thanks for sharing on the various lit. You are really putting in a lot of effort. I'm sure you'll see results and the your ger will grow to appreciate them.
happy.gif
TT is just a passing phase. Just sth to share with you. I feel that the tone of our voice is very important. I notice that whenever i reprimand my ger, i tend to speak too fast and carry a higher pitch angry tone,yet thinking i sounded firm..haha. However, on days when i'm in a better mind and more conscious and use a lower deeper tone and spoke slower, my ger tend to listen better. I'm still working at this and trying to be consistent with the various tones i usecosi think sometimes my ger gets abit confused. Hehe...actually learnt this from supernanny and my hubby is my coach.
happy.gif


aishite,
Way to go on your potty-training!
happy.gif
Me still no success leh. Started letting my ger go diaperless over the weekend. Saturday morning alone in 2 hours, she created 4 puddles and an exhausted mummy!
 
Where is the TOAD.... Still sleeping??

TOAD TOAD.... u can go find a plc and let us know the date liao lor..... cos everyone start putting "depends on date" hahahahahhaha
 
Birthday Bash Votes :

1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date)

I also depend on date :p
 
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">JUNE 08 - Birthday Bash Votes :</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date) </font>
 
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">JUNE - Birthday Bash Votes :</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date) </font>
 
Last night ER also throw tantrum &amp; I still duno what triggered it. He shut down my laptop when I was using it halfway &amp; carried it up. I told him it's heavy and said I'm keeping it. Then he still keep hanging on to the laptop. Suddenly, he started crying &amp; throw himself to the floor. When I tried to make him sit up to talk to him, he started hitting me 8( Even when I give him the laptop to help bring it out, he still continued. Sigh.....
 
Celeste - u started the "depends on date" one mah

like tat EVERYONE Also depends on date lah... where got EVERYDAY free for bash meh?
 
One more thing, mummies, pls indicate your preferred date Sat or Sun, and preferred timing, tks!
**************************************************************************************************
Toad doing some damage control now, just scratched the pillar whilst parking and now kena colour from the pillar on the car. Trying to wipe off :-(

2 weeks back, forgot to release handbrakes from Bukit Timah to East Coast and kena damages S$717 :-(

Busy today and tomorrrow and heading up to Awana from Wed to Sat, so will try to work on it tomorrow or Sunday.

In the meantime, who can open your place, doesn't matter HDB or private, most important is we enjoy one another's company, sitting on the floor is perfecto :) (I am happy to open my place, though it's slightly small, but will be cosy lor). Anyone else?

Date-wise, looking at June, Sat or Sun are fine.

Cel
Tks v much for kick starting the list :)
 
Hi mummies,

Like to join the birthday bash too. Hope me &amp; my boy is welcome as I'm very new.

<font color="ff0000">JUNE - Birthday Bash Votes : </font>

<font color="0000ff">1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date)
9) blur_p (ok on weekend)</font>

Mummies, when my boy throw his tantrum, me too lost patience. But I kept telling myself to keep cool and keep my ears shut. Let him cool down before I reapproached him. Although it doesn't works all the time, but at least I would be shouting that him cos scared when I'm old, he will shout at me too.
 
Mummies
Any advice what to do wif car when the paint of a pillar rubbed off on it? Needs to send the car for spray paint etc? Any idea wat's the cost? Drags, or I should just use permanent white paint and paint over the area, it's a small area only.

Blur
np, come along, btw, when's your son's birthday?
 
Joyful,
I think u got all the concepts right liao, from ur post, no need to apprentice haha. Just have to keep up ur shore of patience
happy.gif
.

gtg fetch ahgirl!
 
<font face="tahoma"> aishite,
i have this contact who does re-painting for car at quite reasonable price. if you're keen, i will PM you his contact. my frd's uncle.
happy.gif
</font>
 
mspiggy
yes pls, i will go ask my care group members tonight what's the typical approach, it's a small area only, so i really think it shouldnt cost much ... just v annoying.
 
my boy's birthday falls on the 20/06/2006.

aishite, I think some of the car agent give you a small tin of car paint when you purchase your car. U might wanna check your car boot or asked the agent for one.
 
Toad..

SAm not in town? U really toad lah... the car nice nice u make till ugly ugly...

Hey if small patch jus leave it lah .. is the paint on the bumper area or the BODY (metal part).. jus make sure it wont rush with time can liao...

And since u kept saying small patch.. dun need to spray pls.. waste $.. go autobacs but the paint stick according to your color code.. and draw like a marker can liao... And DENT or not??

Last Sunday park at goodwood park also ganna a sotong hit n run... come back after shopping found my front bumper ganna bang.. shit manz..
 
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">JUNE 08 - Birthday Bash Votes :</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date) - <font color="aa00aa">SATURDAY</font>
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date)
9) blur_p (ok on weekend) </font>
 
MTDT..
You dun like that lah... I really have to "depends on date" mah... Then hor lata i goin to the lok yang toy sale... hehehehehhe

Paiseh leh... I can only make it on saturday... Sunday got KM lah...

But if majority prefer Sunday... Please proceed...
 
lok yang sale uh - hmm.. heard not much left. shd go united sq today :p

i also depends on date... day also not every sunday free as i got "booking" for parties liao. hahaha :p
 
pp,
Thank you very much for the tips
happy.gif
The article is interesting. I gotta find time again to sing to A and recite the 5 min suggestion. Nowadays, I will be feeding and feeding BnC
sad.gif
By the time i finished feeding, my eyes already cannot open.
A also likes to eat paper nowadays. He has stopped that before I gave birth. Now is worse. Yesterday he ate crayons.

Can share with me what does your helper do? Does she have to look after the kids? Do you bring her out when you bring both Ath and Irv out?

I think it's my fault also for A's undesirable behaviour. I felt that I cannot cope physically and emotionally. This morning, I made him cry again. I gave him markers for his Shichida homework. After doing his worksheet, I gotta feed B, then he got hold of the markers to play with and started drawing everywhere
sad.gif
I cannot be beside him every seconds. I was very angry, shouted at him, snatched the markers from him, made him cry... Do all the things that I should not have done
sad.gif
How ah? I find it difficult to control my actions.

How do you keep them from drawing and painting everywhere the house apart from on paper? Must learn from you... I am starting to feel that art and drawing is not for me to "teach". I do not have the patience for that.


Joyfulmum,
I have difficulty finding time for A in the morning. Yesterday, was doing flashcards and halfway through, BnC wants milk. This morning, was doing Shichida worksheet, halfway B wants milk. Then C wants milk, then B again, etc. Lately BnC will drink and drink one by one almost whole morning. Still gotta make A nap at about 11am.


pp,
Your friend has high tolerance and very patient. It takes lots of energy.
I used to see it from A emotions. So he was quite easy to look after. But not anymore now. Think tiredness and frustration and not enough time got onto me.


mspiggy,
All those whining and cries can really put us in a lot of frustration hor? Sometimes, I still can "ren" by walking away till he stops. hahaha... Sometimes, he will stop.


Paula,
So you are looking for 2 properties now?
Wah... the rental can fetch so high...


spicegal,
Think he wants his sisters to go back into my tummy.


Peng,
According to Sears, let them sort it out themselves. hahaha... Or distract them to like other things. Cannot take sides. I dunno if I will take sides next time.


Joyfulmum,
Thanks a lot for sharing with me! Think I need those books! I need some books to calm my souls too. These two books sound perfect! Will go Borders or Kino later to see. I bringing A for JG today
happy.gif



Anone knows if Kino or Borders having sale? kekeke... I wanna buy more books.
 
<font face="tahoma"> Lyn
i personally find it's very tough for yourself to handle 3 young kids on your own. not to mention B&amp;C are barely 1 mth old!

you're doing very well... give A sometimes to adjust also.
happy.gif
</font>
 
Lyn : u're doing so well coping with 3 kids !!! dont be so hard on yourself with A ... it's natural that he gets frus, esp with the newborns and your attention not entirely on him, try to get him to "help" you instead ?
I find that when K is on the verge of throwing a temper, i change topic and quickly say something like, sweetie, can u help mummy to XXX, get something, pick up the YYY, pack the ZZZ, etc ...
then she feels that she's being useful, and i get her to busy herself - ant both of us are happy.
So, if A is using the marker on everything else, tell him oh, A can u help mummy keep the marker ?
or distract him to another toy.

U also need some time to rest my dear !!! u're so amazing !!! i keep saying this and i really mean it !!!
 
Nao : u funny la !!! Sam not in town ah ?
can u sort of like gently scrape the pillar paint off the car ?
why dont u just leave it, and wait till the car needs a total coat of pain ?
Or bring to the wax ppl at Parkway Parade, they can do a clean up and wax - may help to get rid of the pain ?

Paula : aiyo, Bukit Timah and East very diff lei !!! (location PLUS pricing !!!)
BT is at least twice of what east is asking for !!!
BTW, i went to kaypo a launch on the weekend, near Marine Parade, PSF is $1250 !!!
crazy.
 
Aishite

I am ok with the bash..hope i can make it this time round...missed the last year's bash...

Calliope

i tried to let celest go w/o diapers oso some time...her pattern very funn.she can dun urine for a long while but when she starts urine,can pee here n then when finish,very short moment later pee again..
 
hello mummies - been such a busy week for me.. hunting for a short term apartment... the choices seemed limited... so sad...

re discipline - agree our tots are now at the stage where they like to 'test' us. sometimes, J will cry when he does not get what he wants... i tend to be more soft hearted, and will give in to his wants sometimes.... think this has to stop soon....

lyn, i think you are doing really well - handling 3 kids at once and yet able to find time to log in to chat with us. kudos...
 
Aishite,
I love you manz! Haha …
Actually, I dun mind having a combined birthday celebration for the kids at 1 June 08 – together with Kell’s bash cos’ the entertainer can entertain up to 50 kids. But it depends on the rest of the mummies lah. Don’t need to pay if we combine … maybe just chip in for another cake for the combined cake hosting ceremony.

Birthday Bash Vote
) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) Pauline (Saturday)

Lyn,
Yea, looking at both properties now. Weekends burnt because of that!
 
K-Ong,
You very bad leh... how can u suan TOAD.. what u mean by "wait till the car needs a total coat of pain"... whta you trying to imply? hehehehehehe.... But i have the same tots as you lor... hahahahaha

Pauline Chua,
Dun anyhow cut n paste and put your name in hor... Rodeo n Blur is before you hor... dun cat Q hor... kekekeke
 
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">JUNE 08 - Birthday Bash Votes :</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date) - <font color="aa00aa">SATURDAY</font>
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date)
9) blur_p (ok on weekend)
10) Angeline
11) Pauline - <font color="aa00aa">SATURDAY</font> </font>
 
MTDT...
The Lok Yang Toys sales really Jialut ar.. alot of toys but all either dusty or in bad condition... i only interested in the Fisher Price "Trike 2 Bike".. anyone got any comments on this? Selling $90.00 the lady told me original price is $199.00
 
Lyn,
You are doing really well already! Please don't be too hard on yourself. I really hope you can get someone to relieve you for a while. Just so that you can sneak out when B&amp; C don't require feeding. Take a short half an hour breather or something.

If you can't find the books in bookstore, try to get online here:
http://www.gfi-singapore.org/webapp/smarty_forwarder_prod.php?template=listProdPublic

If you want to read them urgently, I can lend you my copies first but the problem is how to pass to you. I will be at Orchard 10-11am on Sat. Let me know.

The books are quite thin. Think if you can speedread a bit, can finish on book on an hour+.
 
trying to goggle n get a pics of the Trike 2 Bike... but as usual lah... i cannot find one lah... I darn idiot in finding things... haha
 
vivi - u saw huh...
actually i prefer the apartment than the loft. :p

but hor... given the price, i can get a 5bedroom, 4stories house at East leh. :p (just saw on sat too! hahaha)
 
wow mummies all looking at properties now? i think it's not a good time to buy now, everything at such a high price. what if 2010 IR do not take off, then prices will drop drastically....
 
Cel,
We are gonna get a bike for G for her bday. THe smallest size with training wheels. She got on one last weekend and started pedalling slowing. So, we will skip tricycle.
happy.gif
If M is tall enough, maybe can try that too. G is still below 90cm.
 
toto - ya.. only looking, not getting :p
actually i love to look at showflat. hahaha

vivi
the loft dun feel as spacious as the apartment. but tat's just the showflat feel lah. hehe :p
 
Cel : haaha !!! opps, i didnt mean it that way la !!!
u know what i mean right ?
happy.gif

Am sure TOAD does too :pPPPPPPP

MT : wah, 3.5Mil, u can get a nice house in the east with spare cash for maybe another small apartment and 2 cars !!!!
haahaaa
 
kong - dun panic... i am not getting! looking nia. hahaha :p

ya, my hubby love the new project at siglap there... 5bedrooms, 3floors with a basement, somemore got pool right infront etc. hehehe...
wait i strike toto first ok! :p
 

Paula
Muacks, tks heaps for the generosity.

Ok mummies, here goes
Combine June bash + Kell's birthday celebration
Date: 1 June 08, Sunday
Time: 2.30-5 pm
Venue: Warren Golf &amp; Country Club (Warren Private Room 1 &amp; 2)

Paula has generously said no need to pay, so I leave it to you gals how you wanna manage it (I suggested to her each person pay a nominal 10 bucks, but she said no need, so it's up to your discretion on how you wanna repay her in kind, ie wash K's diapers for a month, prepare her breakfast for a week etc :))

What I will do is go get another cake and spilt the cost amongst ourselves sans Paula . Given my usual draconian way, I will exercise discretion, wisely of course, on choice of cakes, and trust me, it won't be a fusion of Thomas-The-Train-cum-Barbie. But PM me if you have any smashing ideas of designs.

JUNE 08 - Birthday Bash Votes :

1) Spicegal
2) Peng
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT
5) Celeste (depends on date)
6) Cutie (depends on date)
7) MsPiggy (depends on date)
8) rodeo (depends on date)
9) blur_p (ok on weekend)
10) Angeline
11) Pauline
12) Aishite + hub + S

All
Pls follow my order of listing, mummy + dad + how many kids

Cel
Can teach me how to do bold, colour and the usual tricks? Tks tks
 

Back
Top