(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

peng - I can feel uneven surface when i rub on zav's skull. then went to ask PD and she referred me to KKH neuro doc. but the neuro doc actually din encourage zav for a xray... so din do any.

if it's a hairline crack - even xray liao also cant see. from zav accident, we did a xray but din see anything. only when doc was sewing the wound then the doc saw the crack on the skull itself.

blur is right - as long as no vomitting, blurblur shd be fine.
 


Celeste - hahahha!!! bird took her tutu huh!!
Chelsia sooooooo cute.

U will be at schhse next week huh? onz lah... i come by on thurs to visit u!! hahahah :p

calliope - huh, wrong person leh. i din get a trike and din intend to get. :p
 
Celeste,
Chelsia make my day.

I'll try your method to try to help my boy weaved off his pacifier. Maybe I can tried on cats too.
 
hey this method for weaning off pacifier very good one ok... Many of my frens tried & succeed leh.. dun play play hor..

But warning hor.. u all better try on a friday.. cos some lil ones will cry n cry thru out the nite for few days... at least do it on friday then sat n sunday dun need to work.. not so tiring.. hahaha
 
vivi, mspiggy,
Yesterday, brought A for JG lesson and then to borders and to Robinsons shopping
happy.gif
He was very happy yesterday
happy.gif
His teacher told me so far he's not showing his insecurity in class. He's just as normal in class. He only cried once at Robinsons cos he wanna get out of his stroller. So I asked him to hush and carried him. He was very happy after that
happy.gif
I am happy too.
I think I will follow the article which pawprint recommended. It kinda work. Last nite, when we got home, B was having milk and could not finish. We let A finished it as he wanted it. And he was happy after that.


KOng,
I feel that A will throw temper more and make me angry when he's bored. I wanna stop his JG classes, but think I better not. Cos when he's bored, he will go around the house and mess everything. That will make me very angry. Last week, my CD player gone
sad.gif
Gotta repair it.


toto,
I log in here to de-stress ah... This is my only way for now. Just told hubby that I need time off one day a month. Or I go for a swim alone early morning. I browsed through a book at Borders yesterday about mommy also needs time off. There are a few suggestions on how to time off away from the kids. And how to cope
happy.gif
Quite useful.


Joyfulmum,
Ahh... It's a thin book... I could not find it yesterday. hmm... Sat will be very busy. A coming back on Fri. He has gone to JB last nite. My hubby and I will be coping with ABC and new helper, so not likely I will be going out on Sat.
Yesterday, my mum took care of BnC, and fed them EBM. Went out for 7 hours
happy.gif
Had some peace when A was asleep in his stroller.

Mel Hayde has a blog! http://terrifictoddlers.blogspot.com/
Just found it. Will browse through see what tips I can get from there
happy.gif


Think I seriously need a system for toys! Overflowing already... And I dun like seeing toys everywhere. I also dun want ABC to rely on helper to keep the toys. I prefer them to keep them when they have finished.

This sentence strike me (from Mel blog):
"If you keep doing what you have been doing,
you will keep getting what you have been getting."

I gotta change...


pawprint,
Thank you very much for sharing
happy.gif

I am scared if I tell my helper on the first day what she gotta do, and does not include the kids' stuffs, next time she calculate with me ah... Dun think will need her at nite, cos ABC sleep in my room.
Think I gotta really let go more to get back my energy and sanity... ahhem... first time engaging helper leh...

So far, my walls still ok. hahaha... I am very paranoid still so limit the time A can get hold of those color things. My bedsheet got pens marks already. And got scissors cut already
sad.gif
Gotta buy cheaper bedsheets if that goes on...


Kong,
A not only roll in bed when sleeping. He crawls in bed!


rodeo,
Can sell EC and downgrade to HDB?


mspiggy,
Thank you
happy.gif

On the day I was discharged from hospital, my MIL bought cough medicine and fed A. Feed already then tell me. I was very very upset, cos A has not taken any medicine before. And I am not a believer of medicine for minor cough. I cried in my room... I dun like it when she just hearsay whatever is good, buy and feed my A! I thought I can trust the grandparents, the trust is broken now... My MIL has been wanting to feed A ribena since he's 6 months old
sad.gif
 
okie dokie... logging off... Gotta go tidy up mess. Helper coming tomolo
happy.gif
Scared later she thinks how come my place so untidy. Next time also keep this way, I will faint man...
Got a new bed for A
happy.gif
Maybe later going to cheong Robinsons again with BnC. Forgotten A need 2 sets of bedsheets. His new bed coming in today
happy.gif
 
Celeste,
Very ingenious method! so funny yet so cute!
happy.gif
will try on ger. haha...dunno if she even dare throw at bird...she scary cat type.
happy.gif


Are you the one getting the trike? SO sorry mistaken it for MTDT. You've seen it? Just nice for your ger? How tall is your ger?
 
Lyn,

i also dun like to give ribena.

my parents like to give D things to eat when im not around. Last wed, they gave him yagkult becos D cousin requested for it hence D also wants. Then my mum gave me the excuse that she thought D has drank it before and also D repeated nao (4) for it.

D drank the whole bottle of orange yakult.

So upset.

On the opp, MY MIL dare not give anything to D w/o my permission except FIL who gave sarcastic remarks on and off.
sad.gif


well, hope your MIL will get it eventually.
 
Ashite,
The front roll one … last nite, she did four consecutive somersaults then stand up and do a curtsy!

Peng,
I only let her do it when there is firm mattress lah … she has made many attempts on floor but I hijacked her plans by telling her why cannot. So she listens loh.

Lyn, Vivi,
You know … my mother said I am cruel cos’ I refused to let Kelly eats sweets and tidbits. She is even off biscuits now. So whenever Kelly is handed with sweets by store attendants or whoever, her first response would be ‘For dogs ...’ she will smile then says ‘Qiqi cannot eat’. My mum scolded me for denying her but I told her it is for her own good loh and when she turns three, I will let her eat but not now! But I indulge her with sugar free multi vitamins gummy bears.
 
Paula
So cute, do curtsy some more! Aiyoh, cant tahan. U toad, teach Kell to say sweets is "For dogs ....", next time if Shannon eats sweets in her presence, I wonder if K will call S Shannon or Dog?

K_ong
Today, teacher Lavina just told me she has a slot for Mon and Fri class for S, yeh, me quite happy about it, God answered my prayers lah.

Cel
You classic! Luv the way abt dropping the pacifier. Now task u to think of ways how to stop Shannon put her fingers into mouth before she sleeps. I hear some people put this awful tasting fluid on their tots' fingers for 2 weeks, sure to kill finger sucking habit!
 
lyn, what bed did you get for A? single bed? are there any railings on the side? think i will buy J a mcqueen single bed when we are in US. hope he will like the bed... must ask him to choose so he will sleep in it.
happy.gif


lyn, you are a superwoman! hope i can be like you when i have more kids! ke ke...

J down with flu and phlegm, so we kept him at home yesterday and td. felt bad i din get to spend much time with him these few days, been busy hunting for a place... hope i will find something by end of this week.

poohy - i guess it is really hard to strike a balance between career and kids... how much is a fair balance? hmmm.... recently we have to rethink our plans, which meant i have to give up my career advancement, as we realised J is very sticky to hb, and this might get worse when hb is in the US... so we decided to relocate with hb... we are leaving in Aug... will need to ask LW whether they can retain J's slot when we return to Sing.
 
Toto
I think a balance between career and kids is probably one of the most diff thing to do, nice on paper, but hard in practice.

When I was in JP, the media was asking this lady who was heading one v tough biz in the bank how she managed her career-family balance. Her answer was "what balance, look at my girl, she's much closer to the nanny than me". That said, I also have a care group member who's the regional head of a biz, and travels incessantly around Asia Pac, and she's v happy with what's she doing, and her kids are also v close to her. One caveat though is her hub has a much more laid back career, so he's happy to be the one spending the bulk of the time with the kids.
 
Aishite,
Let’s try that! Haha.

You know ar… she amazed me last night again. I brought her this ABC wooden puzzle from ELC. When you lift up the alphabet A, you will see a picture of apple. When you lift up B, you will see a picture of book. We casually played through once. Yesterday, she brought that puzzle to me and said that she wanted to play that. So I casually asked her, where is the igloo? She lifts up the alphabet I piece to reveal the Igloo. I thought she was lucky and I tried again. She managed to get all correct lei. Her memory is superb manz. Dr. Lim also praised her cognitive skills is very good for her age when we were in his clinic on last Saturday. He spent ten minutes dishing out instructions to her without any hand or facial expressions. Like, use your right hand to draw. Pick up the red color block, put it back in the container and close the cover. She managed to do everything also.

Toto,
I am struggling with work life balance. I ended up adopting what Aishite had said eons back … What work life balance? More of see sawing instead! Either I be a perfect Mum or a super career woman.
 
<font color="0000ff">COMBINED JUNE BASH + KELLY'S BIRTHDAY BASH</font>
Date: 1 June 08, Sunday
Time: 2.30-5 pm
Venue: Warren Golf &amp; Country Club (Warren Private Room 1 &amp; 2)

<font color="ff0000">Last Day of putting your name is 9 May, as Queen Paula needs the headcount # by then</font>

<font color="0000ff">Due to capacity constraint, maximum # of mummies is 20, so quick quick!</font>

Paula has generously said no need to pay, so I leave it to you gals how you wanna manage it (I suggested to her each person cough up a nominal 10 bucks, but she declined, so it's up to your discretion on how you wanna repay her in kind, ie wash K's diapers for a month, prepare her breakfast for a week etc :))

What I will do is go get another cake and spilt the cost amongst ourselves sans Paula . Given my usual draconian way, I will exercise discretion, wisely of course, on choice of cakes, and trust me, it won't be a fusion of Thomas-The-Train-cum-Barbie. But PM me if you have any smashing ideas of designs.


JUNE - Birthday Bash Attendees:

1) Spicegal + Hub + Jerica
2) Peng + Hub + Ethan + Egan + helper
3) Joyfulmom
4) MTDT + Hub + Zavier
5) Celeste + Hub + Chelsia
6) Cutie + hubby + Zayn + Zach
7) MsPiggy + Hub + Wesley
8) rodeo + RE + Helper
9) blur_p + Hub + JingHong
10) Angeline + Hub + Celest
11) Pauline + Hub + Kelly
12) Aishite + Hub + Shannon
13) K-Ong + hub + Kayley
14) dal + Hub + Jezoir
 
Jia Jia..

What u wanna me to do for Kell's Bday?? I can be your MAID for a day.. really... am serious.... please let me know... else you will nag nag nag at me till her next bday... hahaha... I know!! hohohoho....
 
toto,

when will you return to SG? Hey I just realised that there is a Pats school house at Jubilee Park Clementi. U know the rows of houses near MMI.
 
Celeste, haha...you and your Chelsia really very cute!! Congrats on weaning off the pacifier. Jerica can do without pacifier when she naps in school, but when she comes home, she will pop the pacifier in her mouth and refuse to take it out even when not sleeping...haiz making up for lost time.

Paula, wow...Kelly can do somersaults liao ah..sound like a gymnast..haha...my Jerica only turn round and round in circles, sometimes I am afraid she will fall when she lose balance..haiz
 
spicegal

same here..celest oso likes to go in circles...sometimes turn till she giddy n lost her balance..n she likes to 'jump' n run v fast...n back walk
 
Paula,

I think ur girl is above average one, and is a careful and smart toddler..

overall, most toddler ard 2 yr old able to follow simple instructions- right hand/left hand, put /box, close.

For my boy same age, born end May, he can join up 8 pcs puzzles in 2-3 mins (aft few times practise) since month 21-22 mth and recently manage to join up 16 pcs in 5 mins..
 
hi mummies,

finally 'alive" again. came bk from 7-day perth trip last sat and was down with serious flu since then.. just recovered and came to office today!! now my ears &amp; nose are still blocked!!! *sad*

whoa.. so many activites going on here.. but i won't be joining the bday bash cos 1st Jun is my boy's actual bday! so we'll be planning a simple celeb for him. u all enjoy!
 
MTDT,
Paiseh, today run from SMU to NTU ... yea, saw your message! I brought the tickets but the postman havent sent to my house yet lei. I have to check ... will let you know year?
 
Toto,
Me too … actually, I tendered last week but now company still in talks with me.

Celeste,
You just be on standby lah! Wait si kar lee no show again!

Spicegal,
Yea loh. By the way, her school is embarking on this 8 multiples of intelligences project whereby they will be spending a month to assess each child in their school. Would be interesting manz.

Babydrool,
Oh I see. Joy’s daughter is extremely good with puzzles … she is really the crème of the crop manz.
 
Fast ones-

Trike- bought 1 for Ahgirl cos she was too petite for regular ones, built up her confidence and she managed it. But outgrown quickly cos STIGMA attached to TRIKE vs A BIG GIRL'S BIKE (2-wheeler with removable trainer wheels). If ur kiddo is not below-aver in build, can wait abit and go straight for bigger bike. Ahgirl 3rd percentile, really petite.

pacifier-
Ahboy weaned on his own. Sucked less til in the end he didn't want it.

lump-
Ahboy also pimple-lump on his forehead from his double-baluku last time. Sigh.

housing-
I guess I'm really weird. I'm still not used to present place being bigger than my previous HDB 3rm!

At present, BOTH kids sleep in my room (cos Ahboy suddenly migrated over, and I can't bear to leave Ahgirl alone in her rm- only me lulling both kids at bedtime mah). So Kids' Room is USELESS- so fedup ah, decorate already and it's NOT USED as a bedroom?!!! *heart bang*

2nd Bedrm is playroom cum guest room- hmm, actually can do without, if we had chosen to build toy storage in living room and put sofa bed in living room. So, this 2nd Bedrm is like "extra" too. End up sometimes whole village visit...

Was joking to fren that maybe I only need 1 big bedroom for my family :p .
 
1390371.jpg

Synchronised dotting, heehee!
happy.gif


Poohy, Lyn,
dun worry abt close age gap- save trouble!
happy.gif
Prepare same material for everyone! Irv more "freestyle", Ath more "controlled" results.
 
PP - did you make your own dot dot pens? Looked like glue sticks to me... ke ke...

poohy, will be back in 2010 year end, or 2011 year end, depending. Ah... Jubillee Road Pat School House... hmm... I dun like landed properties being converted to CCs... not much space and so small...
sad.gif
 
toto,
nah, they're birthday favours rec'd, gosh... 2 yrs ago! Shld be inexpensive type of dot-dots, anyway the paint ran out ages ago, so I simply refilled with own paint.
happy.gif
 
Hello gals,
Thank you for your encouragement
happy.gif
Think I am more balanced now. Stay in a clean home. kekeke... A went to JB again since Tues. At least he's very happy there.


Paula,
Kelly is so "guai". I also hope A will not eat sweets.
Which brand of gummy bears do you give Kelly? Where to buy? Are there aspartame or saccharin in the sugar free gummy bears?


toto,
I got a single bed. I prefer single bed to the ikea toddler bed. At least I can buy good fitted sheets for A when he sleeps on single bed. I dun like the Ikea one. Only got one selection of bedsheet, one color only, and I do not even like to sleep on it cos it's rough. Now I got a super king size bed. kekeke... My queen bed and A's single bed side by side. I bought a bed guard rail from Robinsons. Dunno how is it going to be like cos A still in JB. Just assembled his bed yesterday.


toto, aishite, paula,
It's indeed not easy to have a career and kids balance. I gave up pursuing my career for now. It will be till the kids go to P1. My sis who do recruitment and interviews told me that people at my age, if not in manager position, there's something wrong
sad.gif
She will not hire. Think next time if I wanna pursue my career, I gotta start from scratch. Afterall, I still like research work
happy.gif


Now, can only do a business part-time. Cannot "cheong" also. If any of you know suppliers of cosmetic products, recommend to me ya? I am looking for suppliers to export a fantastic natural facial bar. hahaha... Now testing it on my poor tummy to see if the stretch marks can go away... When A has mozzie bites, I also use it on him. Seems to work quite fast.


angeline,
A also likes to go in circles, jump and walk backwards nowadays. hahaha... Their new found skills.


Paula, Joyfulmum,
Can share how do you "train" Kell in puzzles? Gotta learn from you...


pawprint,
Now all 3 kids sleep in my room. hahaha... 5 in a room! Half way through the nite, all 5 on one queen bed! Just got another single bed to join. Think it will be not that squeeze already. kekeke...
Wah... Ahboy likes art ah... I cannot get A to sit down and do all these.
 
Lyn,
I brought it from the clinic. Supposed to be sugar free … will check it out when I’m home this evening and post the brand here.

Yea, I agree with you on that. Company tried to offer me with flexi and work from home arrangement. But I felt that it can’t work cos’ of the nature of my job.

Growing Fun got really good puzzles. I started her off with two piece puzzles when she was 18months old. I will introduce her to the pictures of the puzzles on the box. And then, will piece up the puzzles once. She got it after seeing me done it once. I only get her started on 20pcs puzzles about two months ago. Same thing, I will show her the picture of the completed puzzle. Talk to her and tell her what is the cow doing … what is the farmer doing … then, I will pour out the puzzles and asked ‘Kell, can you help to find the puzzle with an apple tree?’ and ditto … Like ‘I Spy’ game’ … then after two or three times, she will want to try attempting it at herself…
 
paula - u mean orchard toys rite? i love their puzzles. so pretty.
happy.gif


Joy - so u went to the museum? how? good? crowded? i plan of going mth end
happy.gif
 
Good morning!

Lyn: Ya, can sell EC after 5 yrs to PR/Singaporeans then buy HDB from open market. Think after duno how long, can also apply hdb flats direct.

Hmm, me also not mgr position after all these yrs of work. Sigh....so means sth wrong with me/my career. My boss asked me recently if want to change role to manage consultants. Told him I not really interested. I'd get lower pay sitting in office managing people instead of doing projects since being on projects entitle me to some bonus.

Let's do mini survey. Which job would you take?
1) High job title but comparatively lower pay or
2) Low job title but higher pay

Paula: You decided on SAHM role?
 
Lyn
Glad to have you all cherrie! You are superb!

Puzzles or any other games - cultivate interest. Diff child, diff way to evoke interest. Gotto flow with them. I started with me playing and sound excited about it. She caught that excitement and was spurred on. Even with home practice, I finally come to the point where we just play and talk. No pressure of have to do it. Not necessarily flash cards or anything. One day, we can do nothing relating to SM. Another day maybe just one set that she requested, and a few more if she is interested. Maybe another day, she saw some cards and asked to "take photo". I let her lead in these things now. I know, sound lazy but so far this is what works with me dead tired after work. And she is happy with what she gets.

But she won't get certain things no matter how hard she ask for them though especially with a tantrum. Eg. yesterday, more Barney! after watching for 15 min already. Then cried. Cried for so long but I didnt give in. Finally she stopped and said, "You(she meant I) stop crying, no more Barney." She tested the water! The difficult part - grandparents! They were totally devastated that I let her cried/scream for an hour or so! But she was ok and my hubby was watching her closely. And right after she stopped, she was her normal self again and learnt a new boundary. Am I really too cruel? I was nearly in tears myself but had to tell myself to not feed on her ego - that it will only get worse if I gave in. Coz she "understands" what is going on. Not like 6 months ago, I won't dream of trying it! Pp, this is just after I complained about my parents said I spoilt her. Well they still think I do but when she cried, they said i am too cruel...arghhh.

Falling from bed
Moved back to our own bed after sleeping in G's room for the past half a year. She slept on our king size. Last night, fell flat on the face but just grunt a bit and went back to sleep. Gosh, but it did scare the hell out of me. Considering putting her to sleep on the mattress on the floor again!
happy.gif
sad.gif
 
MT,
didnt go at the end. HFMD so not good to be in confined area. Wanted to meet Paula at JBCG, but ended up parking at the wrong end and took a long walk there. Got there in time to say bye to them. :p Will go for toddler mozard on 18th though. You going?
 
rodeo,

think I go for more money, job title secondary. Though if can have both is the best lah
happy.gif


toto,

oh ya many converted cc qutie small. It depends. The carpe diem just off alexandra road is one of the really squeeze type.

btw, J not going to school today again. She got hives attack yesterday. Today still have. Since its end of the week I am keeping her at home. My hb bringing her to doc now, I wanna get the doc's advice whether she can go to school. Cos with those hives on her, the school may not let her. Problem is I read hives can last for months so must get doc's assurance on whether its safe for her to go to school while I try to find the source of the attack.
 
Good Morning Mummies!

Pawprint,
That's a really lovely moment you've captured! Actually so nice to have at least two kids, then they can do stuff together at home.
happy.gif
And your Ah Boy so good, so auto...ownself wean off pacifier!
happy.gif

Re: Trikes
Thanks for the advice. My ger's also very petite so am thinking of getting one...also hoping to boost her motor skill confidence. Which and where did you get for your ger?

Spicegal, Angeline
My ger also loves going around in circles until she like mabok and hit the wall sometimes. Recently she's even raise both arms, tiptoe and go 'ballet'...definitely something learnt from school.
happy.gif


celeste,
Told my hubby about your weaning method and he found it funny too but worth a try.
happy.gif
So now i've tasked him to do that...haha...just waiting for the opportunity.
happy.gif


Joyfulmom,
I don't think you are being cruel. It's for the good of your ger that she knows her boundaries. I feel children like to be disciplined because it's also a form of learning too, learning about desirable behaviours. I think many kids are very clueless of many things even until when they hit secondary school or even older. I remember this student once told me she wished her parent had been stricter with her. Sth from supernanny(haha...i'm a big fan of hers), sth like too much freedom doesn't tell our kids that we love them, it's telling them that we as parents are not bothering to show them where their limits are. I definitely don't think you are being cruel. I think your ger would learn to respect you more instead. You are doing a good job!
happy.gif
And really awesome with getting your ger to do those puzzles!
happy.gif


Re: Colours
Just this morning, my ger surprised me with her most complex sentence:
'Mummy use crayon colour Baby Bop green.'
Getting the green colour part right is just pure luck cos she has no notions of colours yet. Do your tods know colours already? Cos I've introduced colours to my ger since long time ago. When and how will we know if they're colourblind?
 
Calliope
My gal is also 'colour blind'...whenever we ask her what colour a particular thing is, she will just try her luck and say blue...dun knoe why, she will just start off with blue....only colour she knew is daddy's BLACK shoes...
 


poohy, hives? is it itchy? anyway, J not in school since Tues, and will not be in school today. he's having phlegm.
sad.gif
hope he will recover in time for HK disneyland next week. Doc said I should not go to HK, given it's the recent outbreak, weather is hot, and pollution... etc. any advice from mummies here?
 

Back
Top