(2006/04) April 2006 MTB


Jumbo,

yr bb so fast can flip and eager to crawl liao. Mine still cannot hold his head yet
happy.gif


btw how do we know their head can be hold on its own. now i know he van only hold for a while and went droopy again.
 
hi ladies

my bb has always preferred water to milk... sometimes, make me wonder if my milk is not tasty enough! And since birth she is a small eater... other than an occasional 120ml, her intake now at 10 weeks is 70ml to 100ml...

jumbo

you mean ur bb can now hold the head without support? So good! My bb onli managed to flip once... from lying on tummy to lying on the back, but just onli that once... other than tat, she is doing 'push-ups'

Bumbo seat

I hear a lot of mummies talking about this... but at wat age can bb sit on the bumbo seat? Onli when they can hold up their body and head issit? And how long can the bumbo seat last? Seems that bb will outgrow it real fast...
 
Haiz.. Xuanting still can't flip.. she wants to.. but everytime when she is doing, she's actually wanting to zzzz n so she ended up gettnig more frustrating each time... was any of ur bbs like tat?

Jumbo, quite frequent tat she sticks out her tongue.. i mean i juz realised it when i played those videos i recorded on my hp recently.

Daphne,
guess u miss ur boyboy?? Who's taking care?

Cheona,
any update of the table? Miss seeing the updated ones... I got changes of Xuanting's weight. Her 2nd month's weight was 5.7kg (not 4.7kg) and 3rd month's weight (as of 3rd month review recently) was 5.91kg.
 
starry, my baby is the oldest here.. EDD suppose to be 2nd April but he wanna see the world on 23 Feb.. 1.5mths earlier.. so watever he's doing is not early lah.. Nix took quite some time to support his head.. my mum said one way to let him support the head faster is to carry him more often.. and to let him learn how to flip faster is to let him sleep on cot, don't let him sleep on sarong.. dun rush him on doing thing.. let him learn by baby's nature and pace
happy.gif


Yvonne, nix also dun take much milk, he only can drink max 5 ounces now (4.5 months), 5 to 6 hour once.. but pd said as long as he is putting on weight, he should be ok.. Nix can hold his head more than 45 and can hold for quite some time.. whenever he's lying on his tummy, he will wanna crawl. His legs are quite strong and trying to kick on something to make him move but he still doesnt know how to shift his arms to crawl.. so i always place my hands against his feet and he will "move" so happily.. he's still learning to flip by his own. he always move his body and can't move his buttock.. i keep telling him that his diaper too heavy to move around liao.. keke.. i will watch him flip by himself, encourage and praise him when he did it.. but will give him a helping hand when he become frustrated..
for bumbo seat, i did join the bp too.. am waiting to collect it
happy.gif
the bumbo is meant for 3 months and above.. but i read reviews from mummies from forum saying that if baby's thighs too big, got problem put them on bumbo.. so u might wanna consider it before buying.. cos it is not cheap after all...

koalarie, maybe u can consult pd on next review.. clear your doubts with pd..
 
jumbo

Amanda is flipping around on her own as well, but with alot of effort though, she is also trying to learn how to crawl as well.. she can hold her head on her own, but will suddenly "collaspe" when she is too tired..
 
Hi Smurfy & 1sttimemum,
I juz bought bfree bottle but realise the temperature indicator is still pink after I sterilise it! Tot it should turn back to purple...did u gals encounter the same?
 
Need advise fm mummies who had stop BFing.

I had stopped BF 2wks ago by not expressing or latching. I also do not feel engorged long time liao since my MS is low. However, today when i shower and while cleaning my nipple i had some milkflow. Shld I express or leave it? What is the right method?
 
Jazmaine,
Let the temperature indicator rest awhile than will turn to purple liao.... I normally will take out 5 mins before i need to use. Assemble all the things than close the teats and cover to keep it clean.
 
Good morning, little Yu Jun
happy.gif


hunniepot, think u are as happy as me when we see our little one growing up each day and do little thing at a time..

Starry, i've stopped bf for more than 3 months but the bm still present when i try to squeeze my nip.. i also dunno wat to do cos nvr bf for so long liao..
 
twinkle/jumbo,

i still feel something in my right breast (which had been the main MS producer) these few days. But since i am having menses, i dun care about the milk liao. So i didn't express or do anything abt it.
 
Morning ladies.

Jumbo,
check /w PD b4. said not very white le. Haiz. Dunno she noes or not... dun see tat she's very good at tongue n nose probs for bbs. Anyway, so long she pees n poos n stools re fine, I think is fine.

Wow.. talking abt bm... ask u all.. I got no letdowns but a little little bm when manual squeeze few months back.. n recently found tat breasts area got lumps n a bit pain.
Do u all still massage ard the breasts??

455751.gif
 
Juzmaine,
The temperature indicator will turn pink cos the its hot after sterilising. If you cool it for a while, it will turn to purple again. Anyway, I pull out the indicator as i find it too sensitive and usually not accurate (water too cool for bb).
 
Good morning Ladies.
happy.gif


Ladies who went back to work. Did you all encounter any problem with your baby after going back to work? Did your baby "reject" you when you go home? I'm very sad 'cos now my baby refused to let me feed her. Last night, I tried to feed her, she didn't want to drink. The moment my hubby feed her, she drank without any fuss. Today when I tried to feed her in the morning, she also don't want. And she didn't look at me when I kissed and said bye bye to her. I was so sad that I cried all the way to work.

Besides, how long gap did you ladies bath your baby after the last feed?
 
hi all,
K just went for her 6-in-1 jab and rotavirus vaccination yesterday. she has developed a slight fever today
sad.gif
how long did the fever last for your babies? also, did yr babies get more cranky after the jab?

455804.jpg
 
Jasminetea,
wow.. bb taken care by ur family member, rite? Dun be sad.. I read tat some bbs re like tat..

Xuanting oso a bit like tat to her daddy.

Take it slowly. When she's much happier after her daddy feed her, mayb tries to entertain her more so tat she slowly accepts u back?

I think, Xuanting like tat, becoz she used 2 enjoy playing with her daddy then suddenly we place her at my mom's place n only I frequent visit her n so she "angry" with her daddy lo.. so I make sure that Xuanting plays with daddy everytime when she's much happier or comfortable when awake.. she was like tat since last week as I began placing her at my mom's place a week b4 I started work.

My mom said bb sometimes very xiao qi one.

Mui66,
My gal's fever goes off after 24h. But came back in the middle of night of 2nd day.

Tried to observe here and there.

So far, no more fever as my mom gave her a bit barley water to take on the next day after her slight fever.
 
Ur question on how long b4 bathing bb, what I normally do is roughly 30~45 minutes later.

My mom's one is roughly an hour later.

Different ppl differ.

Mui66,
yes. My bb was super cranky. Especially in evenings ard 6~8pm since after injection.

Cannot dahan...

BTW, PD said rotavirus vaccine may cause slight diahorrea; so do watch out for that.

For Xuanting, she didn't poo for two days and so after injection she poo n so was next day. Luckily not very liquid type.. still normal soft soft one.
 
Jasminetea,

I dont bathe my baby after the last feed, just wipe her body with warm water with a little bit of soap thats all... I normally do that at about 10 pm (seems like too late right?)

miu66

My baby was cranky after the jab too, restless and very lethargic.. but she was fine the day after the jab
 
Hi Evon,

Ya.. Jaslynn is being care by my sister in law now. Eversince I start work on Monday, she don't let me feed her liao.

My girl sleeps very early leh. Around 7pm and until 7am next morning. In between, she will wake up for milk but she will sleep as she drink. So no chance for me to bond back with her.

Now I feel so bad that I got to go back to work. Hai~~ Hope Jaslynn will "forgive" me soon.

I also used to bath my girl after 30 to 45 mins. But my SIL bath her 15 mins after her feed! I think tt's not right leh, no good for my girl. I had told her many times not to bathe my girl immediately after feed liao. But seems like she never get my message one.


Hunniepot, I usually wipe my baby around 6pm 'cos she will sleep at 7pm lor. I think it shd be alright at 10pm so long as your baby is used to it.
 
jumbo

Hehe.. yeah guess it brings us great joy whenever we see our babies do new things
happy.gif
My dad is so into my baby, kept teaching her to call him Ah gong, and she always make those Ah Ge Ah Ge sounds and he kept insisting that she can say Ah gong liao haha.. so funny..

BTW are you able to collect the bumbo seat at JP this friday at 9 pm?
 
jasmintea

Wah... your baby can sleep for 12 hours straight?? Think no need to worry too much about your baby rejecting you? I was looked after by mu grandma when I was young after my mum finished her 28 days of maternity leave then (so pathetic right? 28 days then?) but my mum took over when she comes home, and she said that I only want my mum when she is back home..

Your SIL is a housewife? Thats very nice of ber to help you look after your baby
happy.gif
 
Anyone going for jab at GP? Not sure is there a difference btw GP and polyclinic since some ple mention polyclinic jab is not serum.
 
Jasminetea,
think's k so long bb burps already after food. But my gal.. dun burp immediately one.. so got to wait tat long lo.

Read tat why got to wait after feed b4 bathing is becoz scared bb later vomit the milk out while bathing or changing.. so better to wait that bb digest already first.

Anyway, she dun listen oso bo bian. Get ur hb 2 warn her lo.. Mayb say like "if bb vomit while bathing how?? Isn't it messy??"

Not sure works or not.. but normally caretaker dun want ma fun then will listen one. =-p

Ur bb so good sleep so long hours..

xuanting oso early sleeper and early "bird" too.. but my mom very "bad", xuanting still want her feeds at nites n becoz she dun burp immediately n so sometimes got to wake her up to burp while playing with her.
 
Thnx 1sttimemum & Smurfy, yeah it cooled down but took quite awhile, by the time turn purple tink my boy famish liao..kekeke
 
Jasminetea,

if it is in the morning, how abt let the bb settle after burp and wait for bb to poo then shower. this way can increase the waiting time too.
 
hunniepot,
how did you deal with your precious milk blister? I have apply hot and wet towels before nursing for two days, the blister was gone but it is still very painful when my bb suck.
 
Haahaa.. guess what.. juz now called home, my mom said my bb recognizes faces le.

my mom cooking n so asks my daddy to look after. But XT breaks into tears shortly my mom starts cooking in kitchen. No matter how my daddy plays with her, she still cries. Give her water also dun want. Carry her oso cries. Then place her outside of the kitchen door there to see my mom then she kind of "cool" down a bit but still make noises lo.

OMG!
 
Hi Hunniepot and Evon,

Thanks! Feel better now.

Hunniepot, ya. I'm thankful to my SIL for willing to take care of Jaslynn. Just sometimes, different method of handling baby and she don't believe in breastfeeding make things difficult for me.

Hmmm.. ya lor. My gal sleeps 12 hrs straight. Sometimes I wish she don't sleep so early leh. Because I don't have time to bond with her at all leh. I reach home at 7.15pm and she always sleeping liao. Miss her so much. Hope she can sleep at 9pm lor. Then at least got sometimes for me with her.

Evon, Jaslynn also don't burp easily leh. Ya, I scared my gal will vomit out her feed, thus I always wait for a while then bathe her. I will have to remind my SIL again tomorrow about this again. Hope she can listen lah.

Twinkle-starry, thanks! I usually can wait until 30 to 45 mins to bathe my girl. Now my SIL takes care and I'm not at home, cannot insist lor. Hope she can listen to me when I explain to her tonight.
 
Maraquan

extremely painful right? I had to grab hold of my hb's hand while latching her on that affected breast...

I dont let her latch onto that breast so frequently, pump from it instead.. but the most important thing is to check the latch-on, make sure bb's mouth is as wide opened as possible b4 u let him suckle, the pain level will decrease.. at least for me..
 
hunniepot,
yah, so painful until my tear run whenever bb suck. Now my husband and my mom ask me to give up bfing. Somemore I got engorgement now. *sign*

Very difficult to pump when there is nobody in the house to help me to look after bb while I pump. I will see what I can do lah.
 
Why dont you put bb next to you while you pump? Thats what I do when there is no one else at home... I will talk to her when I pump... dont give up bfing lar.. you took so long to establish the supply, a pity to give up now right? You try to change the latch on.. perhaps that will help?
 
jasminetea

You still bfing now? Initially my ILs are against breastfeeding too, but I insisted on bfing my baby totally, now they can see for themselves how chubby my baby is, so they keep quiet liao.. have to show them the results then they will concede defeat

Hmm.. why dont you just try talking to your baby even as she sleeps.. think she will be able to 'listen' in a way... while she sleeps
 
Hunniepot,

Ya, I'm still bfing. My girl refused to latch since she is week 5+ so she is on almost full EBM. Anyway, now back to work, got to use EBM also. My SIL kept saying that putting EBM in fridge then take out and warm no good, will give baby a lot of wind. She said since baby don't want to latch, she rather give my gal FM instead! I was so upset esp since I took a lot of effort to establish my BM supply. Spent a lot of time to educate my SIL on BM. She still don't really believe. So in the end, told her that Jaslynn must take BM and that is.

Jaslynn is also chubby leh. But my SIL don't think it is the BM that makes my gal this way. She thinks of all the bad points instead.
sad.gif
That is where all the trouble comes. Hai~~ And I got my hubby to tell my SIL just follow what I want 'cos I'm her mummy afterall!

Good idea! Maybe tonight will talk to Jaslynn even though she is sleeping
happy.gif
 
hunniepot, i'm going to collect from yoyo this friday... dun intend to go back inlaws' place this fri... when are u collecting from her? Nix also like to talk to my parents too... will laugh so loud sometimes when talking to them.. he seems dun like to talk to my in-laws.. maybe not close to them lor..

jasminetea, i'm also working mum.. have been working for almost 2 months... will miss nix at first.. but now get use to it liao.. i will go to him the first thing when i reach home. Will talk to him, saying sometime like "halo baby, mummy's back" even when he is sleeping, i will still talk to him.. i will ask him to open his eyes and look at me but he very lazy lor, only move his eyelids to respond, macam telling me "ok, ok.. dun disturb me.. i still wanna sleep".. keke..

perhaps, u can call home during work, to talk to her? let her hear ur voice.. try to keep her accompany as much as u can. If she only stick to hubby, get around her with ur hubby and enjoy the time together.. maybe she only want daddy to sayang her lor.. cos daddy usually sayang daughter mah.. dun get worry too much.. ok..

Nixon also can recognise faces and places liao.. he will keep looking around when he is at new places.. last fri, we had a hard time to coax him to go back my in laws' place and he cried so hard when he saw my mum went off..
 
Jumbo,

Thank you! I did go to Jas the moment I reach home and tell her "Mummy is back". Maybe tonight I go back I will talk more to her.
happy.gif
I'm still a bit lost at work 'cos away for 3 mths. Got a lot to catch up and by the time I reach home, really tired, though seeing my girl makes me happy lah.

Will try my best to bond with my girl again.
happy.gif
 
ya.. talk to her as frequent as u can.. or sing song for her lor.. at least she can recognise ur voice, wont be so bad
happy.gif
 
Jasminetea,
I agree /w Jumbo le.. last few times called back home n my mom placed the phone near her n I talked.. my mom was saying she laughed after a while the phone near her ear.. thinks she managed to hear my voices as I was asking if she's happy today.. and got obedient or not etc.

Really really fun le. =p

Jumbo,
so how? Can recognize faces..

my mil a bit upset when XT was 2b taken care by my mom.. keep saying bb won't recognize them.

Then last Sun brought XT to mil's place but somehow XT wasn't excatly like the place, i think n she was disobedient when we went to pick her up.

Haiz.

Anybody has similar arrangement as me??

* Place BB from Sun night to Wed nite at mom's place
* Bring BB + mom home on Wed nite
* Bring mom home on Fri nite
* Bring BB to Mil's place on Sun morn-evening

Anybody something like tat??

Everybody seems 2b fighting 4 XT's attention... chiam.
 
hunniepot,
I will not give up bf lah. I told my husband I dun care if he agree or disagree, I will bf anyway. He asked me when I will stop, I told him when I dry up.
 
Koalarie,
my bb cry and cry when my mil carry him. My mil get so disappointed that she wants us to go back for dinner every night. Now my mil got a very cough, she still want us to carry bb to her place.

I think my bb got a bit of cough now and I kept tell my husband about it. My husband told me that it is not a cough, he chock on his own salivia. He do not want me to blame his mother for passing the cough to us.
 
maraquan
i also had a blister on my right breast a while back, it was super duper painful. like you, i tried to make sure bb opened her mouth wide so as not to 'chomp' on the painful part. it went away by itself after abt 1 wk, now it seems to have come back
sad.gif
doesn't seem to be as painful as before but i can feel that my right side is more sensitive than my left when bb suckles.

re: vaccination and cranky bb
K's fever seems to have gone down but she's really super cranky. just now she cried non-stop (and very hard, like almost screaming) for abt half hour then suddenly just stopped and dozed off. but it was only light sleep and she kept waking up and crying again. this cycle repeated itself a few times, sigh.......so poor thing, felt so helpless that i couldn't make her stop crying. think she must be feeling v uncomfortable
sad.gif
 
Draik, Jasminetea and Hunnipot,
perserve on bf'g.

How I wish I'd. but really so little tat I manual express at least got a bit for her to drink.. but too tired to do n follow. Haiz.. thinking of selling my mini-electric n invest in PIS advanced n breastfeed pillow so tat the second one'll not suffer same prob as his/her sister.

Draik,
dun worry too much.. I oso scared sometimes.. but my hb's colleagues told him n I oso read up recently tat our bbs first 6 months got our immunities and thus won't fall sick tat easily unless introduce something stronger than what they can fight.

Yet, for precautious, think better dun bring la. Mayb shared ur concern /w ur hb.. it's not his mom's fault 2 catch the cough but a coughing bb very very difficult to take care.
He won't want 2 c his boyboy taking medication, rite???
 
BTW, how far u stay from ur mil? Oso in Sengkang?

Can't remember but u FTWM, right?

Mui66,
sama sama for Xuanting too.

She was cranky in the evenings since after injection and her daytime naps re getting so hectic n short tat my mom worries tat xuanting is not taking enough sleep.
 
jaeminetea

No worries
happy.gif


jumbo & maraquan

Eh.. hehe seems like Amanda prefers my side as well
happy.gif
I prefer it this way..

Think you got to talk to your hb about not bringing bb over to your MIL's house if she is having a bad cough... cannot expose baby to germs leh

Evon

Everyone is also fighting for Amanda's attention now, at least my ILs are very unhappy that my mum is taking care of her (they are very unreasonable, they cant take care of her, my MIL got arthitis, my SIL is working full time and has no experience in taking care of babies) and they are not happy that Amanda is close to my parents and my SIL kept saying that Amanda is HERS (cos they bear the same surname, pls lor.. her mother and father are still alive ok). Since my ILs are so unreasonable, we also cant be too bothered with them.. (let them reflect on their own actions) we just bring Amanda over to their place about 3 times a week at the max...

Maraquan,

yeah.. my hb wont dare to tell me to stop breastfeeding cos he knows he will be stepping on a time bomb if he does that haha.... initially he didnt want me to be so tired, so he suggested supplementing with fm and I showed him black face all the way... now he is so used to me bfing her that he gets so lazy at the thought of even feeding Amanda EBM hehe
 
Evon

Think theres no need to buy such an expensive pump lar.. I have been using medela mini electric and it seems to serve me well, maybe cos I only pump once a day.. I also hardly use the breastfeeding pillow now, too lazy to feed amanda using the cradle position, always feed her while lying down.. less tiring this way..
 
hunniepot,
I used to be a time bomb when my hubby mention the word "formula", and he told his mother that I might be suffering from posrt natal depression. Now, I just ignore him. Anyway, my bb is refusing the bottle, it is impossible to feed him with emb or water. So cannot give up also.

Anyway, I had to go to my MIL place tonight again.

I thought the white spot on my nipple was gone. It had come back again.
 
Hunniepot, u lucky tat Armanda latches on. N my prob's weak arms (nv pass in Fitness tests doing the Flex arm hangs in school days) and so I guess Xuanting found it uncomfortable n nv likes to latch except at the TMC when I saw the LC.

But next one, since i noe my prob.. better invest lo.. mayb get a 2nd hand one.. ard $500~600. At least can mimic bb sucking n thus got bm lo.
 
koalarie

you might like to consider the Ameda Lactaline dual pump. i'm using it now and it's excellent. heard from other mommies that it's comparable to the Medela PIS and it's half the price.

bumbo seat

my hb just collected the bumbo from yoyo this afternoon. we put K in it and she loves it! was smiling and looking real happy
happy.gif
 


evon, my bb's taken care by my mum and aunt. I go back to my mum's place every am and evening after work, so i get to play with bb first thing in the morning. Not so much in the evening cause depends on wat time i reach home.

anyway, juz to check with the rest of working mums, how much do you give your BB's caretaker? i give my mum household $$ everymonth but i dun noe how much to give to my aunt. she helping me take care of bb at night and partial support to my mum in the day.
 

Back
Top