(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

hi, i just found out that i'm going to be an april 2006 mummy.
i've already went for my first appt on mon and that it's about 6 weeks old.

hi...me too...me mtb on april 2006 too....so excited when i get to know tat....cos trying for so many months.....
Now looking for gynae...recommend by friend tat Dr. Sim Li Ngor @ TMC is good....anyone know her??? ur comment is much more appreciated!!!

Little fish,
6 weeks go for first appt???...wont too early mah??...tot about 8 - 10 weeks then go for appt?

Dear little fish and Mrs Ho

So nice to have u all to kick-start this new thread and support
happy.gif

I just only found myself pregnant 3 days ago, confirmed with GP that it should be 5 wks now. I'm still in a state of shock n lost... b'coz it just caught me unprepared...

mrs ho,
first one lah. very kancheong..heh!
i went to the gp, i had already miss my period for eon days. my last day of the first menses was on june 15. so the gp calculated that i should be about 8weeks when i go to the gynae. but when i went to kkh, they did the scan and it was only six weeks! the gynae said that its because my period is very irregular.

terrier: i was also shock lor! and i found out on national day some more!

u two so good hor...unprepared then pregnant liao...me so worried u know....but at last, im preggie...heehee

me oso first one leh...now looking for gynae...hope can get a good one la....and who u click with?

btw, when is urs EDD??...dun mind....

i didn't know any gynae beforehand, so i just leave it to my gp. he referred me to dr goh shen li from kkh. she's nice but young (i think early 30s). some people would prefer a more experience one. but for me, i'm fine with her lah.
and first appointment will always be memorable!

my EDD not confirmed yet (wil confirm in the next visit), but it will be in april.

i'm still trying to get over the shock coz i've only been married 3 months! we were planning, but i guess there were some leaking..hur hur!
but i'm happy though!

Wow...little fish...u're still newly wed ah...u must be quite young still?

For me, is tat I just finished my last shot of HepA+B vaccine in end of June, then just caught w/o precaution, n didn't expect so fast strike....
sad.gif
now worried whether the vaccine virus would affect the embroyo development or not...
sad.gif

Think my EDD should be ard 20 April...

I'm also searching for gynae, and I'm thinking betw Dr John Tee from KKH and Dr Adrian B Woodworth from TMC, both recommended by my frens...

terrier, dun worried...just stay happy and wish u all the best....sometimes stay happy will keep the bb healthy..

besides, do you two feel any problem to ur body??...at first, i feel tat stomach abit pain...then follow by difficult breathe(and feel pain at chest area)...do you two hav tat problem now????....
sad.gif

Hi ladies,

307172.gif

I've overlook this thread... thought no one started the April thread so went to join the Mar thread. I discovered myself preggie for closed to 2 weeks le... My gynae is Dr Eunice Chua from TMC and i've visited her twice this month. Am going to see her again end of this week. Do all of you know your EDD already? Apparently, i duno mine yet. Gynae did not mentioned anything about this to me yet. read from "What to expect when you are expecting" on how we can calculate our baby's EDD. It's something like that. Minus 3 months from the 1st day of your last mense, then plus 7 days and this will be your EDD. i do not know how accurate this formular may be but no harm trying it first then re-confirmed the date with your gynae again.

I'm in my 5 weeks now. What about you gals?

Hi ladies,

Here to join you all!!
happy.gif

My EDD should be 13 April...saw Dr Eunice Chua on Tues saw bb heartbeat shd be 6weeks but calculate from my LMP shd be 7 weeks leh..nevertheless,I did have brown spotting and a bit red but after hormone jab and pills..and on mc this one week..i am getting much better!
happy.gif

Gebbera,
u were from ttc thread right?

Hi Choo,

yup, was from TTC thread previously. Great to see you here and we are gonna be Apr MTB soon.

btw, what is LMP? is it Last Menses Period? pardon me if i'm wrong. i was actually closed to 7 weeks if based on my last menses but after the ultrasound, the radiographer had mentioned that i am only in my 5th week.

why are you on hormone jab and pills? must take care of yourself ok. Have a good rest at home.

Gebbera,

Yup you are right.LMP is Last Menses Period.Dr Eunice also said I am 6weeks instead of 7weeks.

Due to brown spotting hence need to get the hormone jab and take hormone pills to stabilise...
Been resting at home and can be really bored...reading pregnancy mags/books...

so you have decide on using Dr Eunice?My gynae is Dr Adrain Woodworth but Tues I seen Dr Eunice cos recommended by sis and good friend.Find her very assured and comfortable but can be a bit ex...whereas Dr Adrain's package is $550 can start anytime..

Choo,

so today is your first day of MC or ??? yah, it can be bore resting at home but getting sufficient rest is very important for pregnant ladies like us. I'm also reading up on pregnancy books and magazines. previously i used to borrowed from the library but now, am busy reading the book that i've just bought. Would recommend you gals to buy it too.. found it very comprehensive and useful. I've mentioned the title of the books in my above post "What to expect when you are expecting", third edition.

I think most probably i'll be using Dr Eunice Chua thru-out... yah, i do agreed with you that her charges are very expensive... have already spend ard $500 just for 2 visits last week. previously, i spent $300 to do my PAP smear test...

so is this your first pregnancy? hmm well, this is my first one. =)

Mrs. Ho, yah...I oso feel my tummy very odd nowsdays, always bloated and I got strange sensation at my vagina area...

For your difficulty in breathing, is it that your bra is too tight? or is it heartburn?

I found the following information from web resource:

Indigestion and Heartburn
Does your stomach feel kind of bloated and icky these days? Do you feel as if your upper chest is burning? If so, you may be suffering from indigestion or heartburn. This is a common problem for pregnant women, and though uncomfortable, it should go away soon.

During pregnancy, progesterone and estrogen are at work relaxing your stomach muscles. That means food will stay in your stomach longer and cause you to feel bloated and feel the ill-effects of indigestion. Also, as your womb grows, it presses on your stomach, causing indigestion and heartburn.

To prevent indigestion, try some of the following tips:

Try eating smaller meals a few times during the day rather than one or two big meals
Sit up straight when eating as this will take the strain off your stomach
Avoid spicy or fried foods
Sleep well propped up; use lots of pillows on your bed
Drink plenty of milk and always keep a glass nearby in case you wake up with heartburn during the night
Don't eat or drink before you go to bed
Don't take antacid tablets before checking whether they are safe during pregnancy
Reduce concentrated sugars and fats
Eat more complex carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, pasta, rice and whole bran

For more pregnancy infor, you can see from
http://www.pregnancy-info.net/discomfort.html

Hi Choo and Gebbera, welcome! Good to c more April mummies
happy.gif

My GP estimated EDD by starting from Day 1 of last menses plus 40 weeks to get EDD...is that correct?

Gebbera, so can you see anything from the ultrasound at 5 wks? I still haven't found a gynae yet, and dunno wat to expect... How frequent will the checkups be like initially?

Choo, how much quantity of abnormal discharge that we need to be alarmed?
U must take good rest & take care...

gebbera,

nope started mc on monday liao...shd be well enough to go back to work next monday...
happy.gif

where can i buy the book 'what to expect when you are expecting'?I have good comments on this book....wouldn't want to borrow from library cos intend keep for long...

How long have you been ttc?yes this is my first bb...i started trying in sept 04...was on clomid...but did not succeed as hubby low sperm count....then early july i did my hsg and bingo!!

terrier,

hi!!
for discharge,if it is watery and yellowish without bad smell it shd be fine.but if u encounter brown spotting or even red,better call your gynae as he/she will need to monitor your condition and give you hormone pill and jab to stabilise.

i had cramps 2 weeks ago, like my menses going to come like dat. didn't realise that i was pregnant then *slaps forehead*
anyway, i don't have much appetite nowadays leh. don't feel like eating, but still have to eat right? so i end up eating small meals like fruits, biscuits to last me the day.
now i fell like 9 months very long leh....*lol*

Hi Terrier,

yes, you can also calculate from the 1st day of your last menses. then from there, you start counting 40 weeks and that date will be your EDD.
example 1st June is your 1st day of last mense, calculate 40 weeks will be 8th Mar 2006.

initially, the gynae couldnt see anything, thus send me for a thorough Xray. then finally managed to see my little gestational sac... as for the frequency of checkups, think gotta depend on case basics. if everything goes smoothly, you will need to see the gynae every monthly. but if things got complicated, it can be a weekly bascis.

Hi Choo,

you can buy the book at all major bookstores like MPH, Kinokuniya, Times... costs about $21 per book. i bought it becos i wanted to keep it for future use too.. =)

I've been ttc-ing for 2 cycles and this is my third cycle. hubby and myself were purely joyful and excited when i was tested positive... i am grateful that GOD gave me this little life.... so no matter how "xin ku", i'll endure....

Hi Little Fish,
if your cramps are getting severe *touchwood*, must faster see your gynae leh... this is what i've been told by my gynae... it's the contraction that is causing these cramps... take good care of yourself ya...

Hi Everyone!

Glad to find this thread.

My EDD is 15 April 2006.
happy.gif
My gynae will be Dr Lisa Chin from Gleneagles.

Like Choo, I'm currently on MC as I got brown discharge 2 days ago. After an injection and some medication, I'm okay now. Tomorrow will be going back to work.

I'm also a first time mummy.

Hi Terrier,

I saw my baby sac on the ultrasound on Tuesday. My gynae said I'm 5 weeks plus pregnant.

I need go back to see her again next week as I got brown discharge. If your discharge is normal without any bleeding or brownish, it should be okay.

I called the clinic when I discovered some brown discharge and they asked me to go down immediately. Actually wasn't planning to see my gynae until 8 or 9 weeks. Heeee...

gebbera,
i'm ok now. no more cramping liao!

jasminetea,
i'm also about 5 weeks plus. did my ultrasound on mon. the little one is so tiny!

Hi all,

I would like to join in this forum to learn from you gals...

I am 6 weeks preggie today and I saw my gynae on Monday and he did a vaginal scan and could see the little sac...

I am seeing him 2 weeks later and I pray that by then, I can see the sac through normal tummy scanning.. Crossing my fingers that all is going to be well...

Btw, any of u experience normal white discharge? Is this normal?

hello GT!
welcome welcome!
congratulations on your pregnancy!

i had the viginal scan too. so uncomfortable right? anyway, hope everything will turn out well for your next visit yah.
happy.gif

i think the normal white discharge is normal. but u might just want to give your gynae a ring, just to be sure.

Hi Little Fish!

Yup, it is so tiny! I don't even know that is my baby haaaa... I can't help but feel a bit like crying heee.. So your EDD should be about the same as me?

I keep feeling hungry leh. Do you all got this same feeling?

GT,

Normal white discharge should be okay.
happy.gif
Besides, who is your gynae?

Hi GT, welcome
happy.gif

Yes, me oso having white discharge, think it's normal, b'coz the area is very active now, based on information I read. Just like wat Choo mentioned, should not be red or brown spotting

Is vaginal scan uncomfortable? Care to share which gynae you go to?

Hi Jasminetea, my appetite still no change. Me still haven't experience any morning sickness or whatsoever yet leh... Are we going to go thr these later?

Wow, this thread is getting real hot now. So seems that most of us are EDD on 3rd week of April?

wow....now getting more n more mtb in this thread....congratulation to all of u....

my Gp said my edd on 18 April 2006, but my hubby check on-line and calculated on 16 April 2006....anyway...as long as the bb healthy...
happy.gif

thanks...terrier...will check through the web....

gp said now im 4 - 5 weeks...hav to wait till 8 - 10 weeks then look for gynae.....me so excited...can't wait so long...wish to look for gynae soon....just want to find out the new bb....

me oso wanted to try gynae @ TMC....any other recommed beside Dr. Eunice Chua..????

Hi Terrier!

I read that usually morning sickness starts from 6th week and ends at 12th week. But I got friends who got it as early as 4th week and last till their 7th mths! Also got friends who never experience a single morning sickness throughout their pregnancy. So I think it depends on individuals.

Just feel hungry all the time, but cannot eat too much 'cos will burp a lot if too full. So I eat more time but lesser each time.

Cheers, Jasminetea

Hi Ladies,

To make it easier for us, I have compiled the list of MTB Apr 06.
happy.gif
If any mistakes or updates, let me know.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choo</TD><TD>13/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>15/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>18/04/06</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrier </TD><TD>20/04/06</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Fish</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>GT</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>
Cheers, Jasminetea

Hi Terrier,

Thanks. Vaginal scan was ok.. It was better than pap smear as the apparatus that enters is not very thick. It was quite exciting seeing the tiny little sac.. Today I am into my 6th week already. My gynae is Dr Henry Cheng. EDD 13/4/06(from website), Hospital is Mt Alvernia Hospital.

Can you girls share with me which week were you able to see your bb thru scanning?

Initially when i found out I was pregnant, my eating habits really changed man.. couldn't eat and did not have much appetite cos had quite bad gastric pain and wind... After medication, it was much better.

Hi everybody,
Just realise that I am pregnant on Monday, I have not see any doctor yet. I think I am on the 6th week now.

I thought there was no April moms because I cannot find this thread. I have been reading the March thread. LOL

By the way, at which week can we hear the bb heartbeat? I will like to hear it on my first visit.

hello ladies,
alamak, so many posts oredi!
and welcome maraquan_draik. i didn't hear the heartbeat when i went for scanning in my 6th week.
hope to hear it on my next visit though.
i think you can hear the heartbeat in the 8th week.
it's friday today!!! so happy!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Maraquan Draik,

I didn't hear my baby heart beat neither at my 5th week scanning. Hopefully can hear it at my next visit.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choo</TD><TD>13/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>GT</TD><TD>13/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Henry Heng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>15/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>18/04/06</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrier </TD><TD>20/04/06</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Fish</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi ladies,

Me too, 1st time preg and about 5 weeks old.. same as little fish,realised preg on Nat'l Day!!
kao_cheers.gif

Didn't know there's this thread,been to the March instead..

went to gyne, Dr Eunice Chua @ TMC last week cos discover brownish discharge..took sample of it for test..will know result by mon..Me not sure about my EDD as well leh... will ask Dr Eunice when i see her again on 30th..

i did the vaginal scan as well...all i can see is a tiny white dot in a black bag..hahaha

Hi Rach,

Welcome! Wow, seems like many of you are seeing Dr Eunice Chua from TMC. Is she very good?
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choo</TD><TD>13/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>GT</TD><TD>13/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Henry Heng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>15/04/06</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>18/04/06</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrier </TD><TD>20/04/06</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Fish</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

Hi Jasminetea,

Actually i dun have any gynae in mind..so i do my 'homework' from this website to look for gynae..after reaing some comments from the forum,i was comtemplating btwn Dr Eunice Chua frm TMC n Dr Dolly Wong frm Mt E..initially wanted Dr Wong but i'm sure hb wun approve cos he dun like to go town due to traffic conditions..so play safe choose Dr Eunice Chua lor..
bounce.gif

hi gals,

how you all make appointment through those gynae??...i really hav no idea about tat...
do we need GP to reccomend???...or just call the main line and reserved...heard ppl say tat booking through GP will get better time slot. Can someone advise me through those booking?????

me abit blur....and really feel no appetite....U are rite little fish....9 months....really long le....

hi gebbera,

thanks!will check out the book in those bookshops!

sorry didn't log in much cos got to bedrest...wil be back to work next mon so maybe 'more time'(OPPS!)to log in!

jasmine,
thanks so much for updating the list!!
I have seen Dr Eunice Chua after good comments from my own sis and some ttc friends who are also MTBs...but she is quite ex...but i haven't decide who to choose either Dr Chua or Dr Adrain who is my first gynae....
happy.gif

mrs ho,

You can just call up those recommended gynae you saw in the forum and make an appointment to see him/her....

just to add on,Dr Eunice did the Vscan on me and I didn't felt any pain at all!!
happy.gif

i closed my eyes then Dr Chua said'hey see your baby's sac and strong heartbeat!!' I was so delighted and happy!!

hi choo,

me too,gotta bed rest,but i find it difficult leh..makes me feel very lazy n also i gotta do housechores...not sure whether it's the medication makes me giddy or it's one of the preg symptons..so tough being a woman...

Mrs Ho,

for me, i simply call the main line and fixed appt wf them, me was kinda immediate appt cos i encounter brownish discharge and ask when i can fix appt,the nurse then told me to go down on the day itself...if u keen to engage Dr Eunice Chua, her details are as follow:

kao_babydust2.gif

Dr Eunice Chua
TLC Gynaecology Practice
Thomson Medical Centre
#03-02
Tel : 62542878

Hi Mrs Ho,

I just rang up Dr Chin's clinic after reading good comments about her from this forum
happy.gif
Just my comment, I feel that Dr Chin is very experienced and confident. She is very friendly and assuring too.
happy.gif

Rach,

Had heard about the bad traffic and difficulties in parking at Mt E.
happy.gif
A lot of my friends who drive avoid Mt E for this reason! '

I'm feeling a bit breathless today. Dunno if it is 'cos I hv been resting too long at home for the past 3 days. Today back at work so breathless haaaa...

Hey girls,
I just came back from my GP. She said that I am now on my 5th week and she recommended a whole list of gynae for me. She also said that I will not be able to hear the baby heatbeat so I got one more week to think about which gynae to choose.

Eunice Chua is also one of the gynae she recommended. She also recommended me Vincent Lee but she also told me that it is on a higher end. I am wondering what is the price different if you give birth in Raffles.

Wow ladies, so many postings oreadi!
happy.gif

Hiaz, just talking abt brown discharge yesterday, I ganna it too... and was put on MC today by my GP. She urged me to c a gynae soon in case of any complications...

Hi Choo, have u seen Dr Adrian before? Is he good?
I tried to call Dr Adrian, but today n tmr morning are fully booked...
sad.gif

My GP commented that I might want to choose which hospital to deliver first then decide on which gynae...

Any comments betw KKH &amp; TMC? Is it TMC really provide good service n care?

Hi Muns-to-be.

Congratulations to all! I just found out the good news too. So happy and excited. Almost 6 weeks now.

Im looking for a suitable gynea too. Heard from friends that Dr. Dolly Wong is good. She has a clinic in Gleneagles. Dr. Selina Chua from Mt. E is good too.

Anyone heard of Dr. Wong Mun Tat from TMC? He runs a clinic near my place. Wonder if he has good experience under his belt.

So far, went for 2 blood test to check on HCG levels as i still cant see the waterbag. Stressed!

hi jasminetea,

i agree, that's y i choose TMC instead lor.. otherwise hb sure make noise everytime we go for appt...moreover TMC got valvet service..my hb doesn't like to go places with bad traffic and parking!! so i think TMC is a wise choice!!
kao_happy.gif

terrier,
i was told by my hb's friend that KKH is gud if u choose the private suit, shorter waiting time and nurses there more friendly and you'll have the same gynea throughout compare to the non private suit but the cost is not much diff compared to private hosp.
you may look @ the thread which made a comparision btwn private n KKH for more infor lor...
kao_smile.gif

Hi Msy,
Congrats to you too..

Wow, u been to 2 blood test oredi?? me about 5 weeks,yet to go for any blood test..me kinda scare of needles leh..
kao_scared.gif

terrier,

Dr Adrain was the first gynae I had seen been with him last sept when I started ttc last sept...to me he is ok...but he is not so much in details..it is like if you have qns then u ask him...if not he won't say much...

for assured and comfort level wise i prefer Dr Eunice to him though i have seen Dr Eunice once on tues....but cost wise Dr Adrain is so much cheaper..
happy.gif

Please be careful once you have brown spotting ok!call your gynae immediately and have a lot of bedrest....

Back