(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

hunniepot, kindly let us know the package abt the cord blood banking when the march MTB get back to u.. it will be good if can get group discount huh.. and for my baby's movement, think my tummy still got space to accomodate his size leh.. got big tummy even before preggy.. keke..

Hi all

Have not heard from the March MTB mommy yet.. but have called up both cordlife and stemcord:

Jasminetea

Sorry got wrong info.. cordlife is situated at Camden Medical and not Gleneagles..

Cordlife

1 time fee: $1400 (w GST)
Annual fee: $250 (w GST)

If we can get 3 or more mommies to sign up together.. there will be a $100 waiver for the 2nd year annual fee

The one time fee is only $800 for those who are delivering at NUH only (does not include professional / procedural fee)

Stemcord

One time fee: $1207.50 (w GST)
Annual fee: $262.50 (w GST)

Seems like cordlife is more stable.. as it has offices worldwide.. whereas stemcord is a local company.. what do you gals think?

Evon

I went for the hospital tour quite some time ago liao.. will be doing my pre-admission at GlenE this friday.. will find out more about the package then get back to you
happy.gif

Evon

With regards to your some of your qns.. have found out from cordlife:

1. The annual fee is fixed for the 1st 5 years.. thereafter it depends on market conditions (like if the price of substances used for preserving cord blood has increased and manpower costs etc) but the lady assured me that it will not be a very big percentage increase if they were to do so

2. Cord blood is 100% match for our bb itself (the cord blood collected from bb); & 75% match for siblings and 50% for parents (but testing has to be done at the hospital to ensure if it is a match)

Wow.. hunniepot, thanks.

The lady didn't indicate to u on how much would the cordlife foresee? Especially Singapore's one will be excatly 5 years since May 2001's launch.

Actually I'm quite on 4 placing cord blood for our bb. But becoz of recent case of that Korea incident? N as well as so many unforseen circumstances, my hb sees no necessary 2 waste tix money.

Think, I may need to further discuss /w him on tix.. My hb tends to see things that i dun ... So better consult him.. =p

But, hunniepot, yes. If me, I will choose CordLife too as compared to Stemcord becoz of the regional support and research they have.

Evon

I asked liao but the lady didn't commit to any figures..

Yeah lor.. when I first told my hb abt it.. he gave me a very firm no as he said no need to waste unnecessary money.. but after speaking to his fren who deposited both his sons' cord blood.. he then became more opened to it.. as it is like buying term insurance for bb

BTW.. whats abt the Korea incident? Is it this incident you are referring to: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200411/kt2004112617575710440.htm

Hi Apr MTBs

I am a Jan06 mum. I had high glucose and need to do daily blood check then. Now I have some left over lancets and test strips which I don't need anymore. If you are interested, I can give them to you. But make sure they are compatible to your test kit.
Lancet: Accu-Chek - Softclix (Yellow box)
Test strip: Accu-Chek (Active) (Green box)

Pls PM to [email protected] if you are interested.

Evon,

I'm going for the hospital tour next week. Will possibly drop by at Stemcord/Cordlife to enquiry.

So Hunniepot, you will confirm to deposit with Cordlife?

Jasminetea

Will have to talk to my hb again.. you confirm going to deposit your bb's cord blood?

If choosing btw the 2.. I will definately prefer Cordlife...

Hi! I'm from the March MTB thread. Interested to sign up with Cordlife as well. If you guys are organizing group discount, let me know as I may want to join in...Thx!

Hi ladies,
I am from the March MTB thread too.
Anyone still looking for confinement lady? I have paid deposit for mine but my mum is now ready to take over my confinement, so I intend to cancel the CL.
If anyone wants to take, I can make the recommendation, hopefully I can save the deposit.
My EDD is 31 March, almost conciding with the early April MTBs. So it's highly likely she can take that timeslot.

She comes pretty highly recommended. A Msian lady in her late 40s. She was Ivy Lee & Chen Huihui's confinement lady as well.
Her fees are 1.8k. Her job scope include looking after mum & bb, cooking & washing for mum & bb. She is willing to help with simple chores as well. She is easygoing too.

Those interested, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Hi Koalarie, i'll be doing my confinement at my mum's place. She got no dryer but she said no problem. We'll juz hang them everywhere in the house.
happy.gif

Re: Cord Blood Banking
I'll be going to Glenegles to do tour, pre-admission and to check out StemCord next Thursday. Jasminetea, understand you'll be doing tour next week 2. any chances of coinciding?

Re: Tummy
My tummy not very big either. Most pple do not believe i'm giving birth in less than 2 months time. However, can feel stomache hardening and bb's movements daily without fail.

Hi all!!

MIA for the whole day as I went for my fortnightly checkup. Hmm...my gynae didn't do any scan for me tdy, just listen to Jayden's heartbeat and say everything is fine.

Anyway, I've put on 1kg for the past 2 weeks. Sign....now I'm 73.4kg liao, an increase of 10kg!! Really getting headache over how to lose the weight!! haahaa....

Jumbo,
I saw the Desitini Cream (blue packaging) at KKh pharmacy costing $11.50. But I didn't note the capacity of the cream lor.

Evon,
I remember u posted a message regarding nappy liners. Can u please list the price and brand of the nappy liners u got from kiddy palace? Thanks

preciousbabe, will go and look for the destini cram this coming wednesday when i go back to SGH for check up.. KK too far for me leh.. I've bought twin pack of Tollyjoy nappy liner from kiddy palace weeks ago.. each pack contain 100 sheets.. can't remember the price, put my receipt in the office, will check the price for u when i go back to office tomolo, k.. my friend had given me 2 packs of anakku nappy liner.. no chance making comparison between them.. my friend advice me to use nappy liner as it will make washing cloth diaper much easier...

koalarie, i've tried both Maxcool and carnation disposable maternity undies these few days.. feel more comfortable with maxcool.. carnation too small for me even i bought XL one...
sad.gif

Preciousbabe, I got mine from BB Kingdom.

IT was selling $12.50 for 200 pieces. The brand is Tollyjoy.

Jumbo, u mean we can try the size? I was like a bit blur blur.. trying to measure using the dummy set.. heehee. Think I need L or XL at least. Me go 2morrow 2 find any other brand of maternity undies..

preciousbabe

I got my tollyjoy liners from Robinsons at $11.90 for 200 pieces.. think those big departmental stores like Robinsons; Metro; Tangs; OG might still be having sales now.. you might want to go there and check it out?

Oops... i m quite sure robinsons ended yesterday. But for Metro, Tangs and OG .. not too sure. =p

So, hunniepot, what did ur hb say? Not that article, but rather the korean scientist that got disgraced incident? Heard that something to do with stem cell research thing.

Today, keep feeling Braxton Hick Contractions.. pull intense and then let go several times.. but not painful.. juz uncomfortable. Deep breathes seem to help.

Re: Nappy liners
Hmm....I went Bugis Seiyu and OG to check out the prices. Both selling Tollyjoy, 200 pieces at $12.50. OG not having any sales right now, only Seiyu. Guess Robinsons is the cheapest so far.

I've finished unpacking all the hands-me-down and I realised that I have more than 50 pieces of tops, about 80 pieces of nappies and 20 pieces of bottoms after throwing away those that are too old or dirty to use already!! Gosh, looks like I don't even need to use the new clothes that I bought.

koalarie, no lah.. i bought 1 pack of maxcool and 1 pack of carnation and tried out.. cos i intend to buy more.. so have to buy the minimum to try out first.. my tummy now 47" liao.. can't pull the undies all the way up, wear it below the belly.. keke.. but maxcool one more comfortable than carnation..

wat's braxton hick contractions actually?? have been reading about this from some books and webby recently but just dunno wat is tat.. these few nite feeling sharp pain under the belly line when i lying on the bed.. the pain goes off after a while.. but everytime i was try lying down.. the pain come.. and tummy will feel pain whenever i sneeze.. dunno is it normal..

preciousbabe, Tollyjoy nappy liner, 200 pcs selling at $12.50 at kiddy palace..

been thining of sign up kiddy palace membership to get 10% discount for future purchase.. my friend asked me to sign up metro or OG instead cos member got 20% off for every purchase.. anyone know how to apply membership for OG or Metro?

I've done with baby's laundry over the weekends liao.. not alot of things cos dun intend to get too many stuffs.. mostly are hands-me-down tops and bottom.. i only bought one new set for nixon.. to welcome him to this world and new set of clothes represent a new life for him.. keke..

jumbo

OG members only get 10% discount.. not 20%.. got to spend above 200 bucks then can apply for membership.. can accumulate points also and exchange for gifts.. but the gifts dont look very attractive though..BTW how to apply for kiddy palace membership? Can also consider Tom & Stephanie membership (they've got lots of kiddy clothes!) pay $10 one off, no min spending.. cant remember the discount though..

I got the Kiddy Palace one.. need to pay a one-time fee (can't remember how much).. but stupidly the card though gives u 10%, does't apply its discounts to Nett n offered price items.

Stupid, right? So, it is like I saw the Combi Infant Pram NU-5000 @ Kiddy Palace but it is NETT and so no discount as compared to BB Kingdom.

Oh.... btw.. ve i shared???

Thyme Maternity having sales till end February at 20% discount for all.. if u member got another 10% leh. Till tix month only. So hurry 2 get any undies/nursing bras lor.

Evon

How much are the nursing bras at thyme maternity? Didnt go check it out as I was only looking out for clothes over the last weekend when I was there..

The service staff there very good haha.. remember I last time I went there with you and Mrs Ho.. the lady still remembers my name when I went there on saturday hehe

Wow lao so good huh? The lady that I got my membership from at OUB, doesn't seem 2 remember me... soop soop.. =(

Hunniepot, okay if I let u noe 2morrow? B collecting my pants (sent them for alternation).

Only bras, right? I saw yesterday was ard $55 for first bra and 2nd piece would be half price, but not sure if later everything got 30% discount since both of us re members. =p

U got ur nursing dresses or shirts already?? I was reminded by Jasminetea yesterday.. =p (Thanks, Jasminetea.. ) Somehow, I think b looking 4 nursing clothes on these 2 days (2day Seiyu and 2morrow Thyme).

Re: Breathless when covering blanket?
Hey Hunniepot, I tot only me.. since gynae said i a bit too heavy. My hb was even saying tat i seem 2 pant easily nowadays leh.

Evon

Thanks for helping me find out
happy.gif
Cos think the nursing bras I bought might not be big enough when breastfeeding.. as it is now just fitting only.. cos didnt take into consideration will have breast engorgement..

Heheh.. at least I know Im not the only one.. and sometimes when I toss and turn too much on the bed.. I will get breathless also.. dont dare to know how much weight I put on this time when I see my gynae later this week.. sure kena scolding from my nurse again..

I've got about 3 nursing tops only.. cos I cant really find those that I like leh.. how many do you intend to get?

jumbo

Just measured my tummy.. about the same size as yours haha! But I can still wear the maxcool one the normal way leh.. no need to pull it under the bump..

Hi Ladies,

Re: Nursing tops n Bras
I have bought only 1 top so far and have 2 nursing bras only. i intend to get more after my confinement..cos thought it would be a better way to guage the size lor...

i agree with hunniepot that nursing top very difficult to find nice ones..

Re: Maternity Undies

i bought the Delux Maternity Disposable Undies to try out..kinda to big for me leh..it's fully cotton type. Bought from Metro $4.20 for a pack with 5pcs. suitable for 52"-56" maybe some of you can try lor, i find it too big for me,can pull up to my tummy and can still feel the excess 'cloth' leh.. will try out other brands after i've finished this pkt..

hunnipot, kiddy palace membership need to pay $10 yearly.. but has some doubts abt applying it after hearing from koalarie, discount not valid for nett and offer price.. hmm.. think can get T&S.. westmall has T&S.. easier for me too..

for nursing bra, saw some at kiddy palace jurong point.. it cost $16 for one.. unwired one.. hmm.. only saw one brand.. not sure about other brand.. been thinking of getting mark and spencer one but it is too ex.. cost more than $100 for a pc.. phew.. dun think wanna get so ex one..

will go metro and look for the Delux maternity undies as wat rach recommended.. me need a bigger size.. keke..

Hi Jumbo, u live near westmall? I don't often see T&S got discount leh....

Hunniepot, my hubby has been commenting that my breathing is quite heavy these days, which I don't even realise it...

ya terrier, i'm staing at upper bukit timah.. near bukit batok east.. few bus stop away from westmall..

me too.. got breathless sometimes.. the worst thing is everyday when i trying to get home from bus stop.. i've to walk up the stupid slope.. before i got preggy, i've hard time walking up the slope.. now even worse.. my doc asked me to go walk walk after dinner.. i told him there are slope eveywhere at my place.. got problem getting home if i went out.. wahahaha..

Thanks Rach.. Think I will have a look at the Delux maternity undies.. good for pple with big backside like mine hehe

terrier

T & S dont often have sale.. but can get the discount card.. $10 for yearly membership.. quite worth it I think..

jumbo,

my mum stays at bukit batok east..only couple of bus stop from west mall also..but now i'm far far away frm my mum..sob sob..

jumbo, u wan to try the Delux maternity panties??
if u dun mind, i can give the remaining of mine to you..it's individually packed so it's still hygienic..will u b joining us on the 24th tea?? can pass to you then..

rach, where u staying?? dun think will be joining u all for afternoon tea.. need to work leh.. sianz when talk abt work!! I can buy the delux maternity panties from u if u dun need them liao..
happy.gif

rach, had pm u liao.. ur hubby's family staying at east huh? my hubby wanted to choose east side flat cos he's working at changi but our families are staying in the west and i'm working at tuas.. hence, i dun want any flat from east.. keke..

i bought the mothercare maternity pads ytd at plaza sing's branch...
according to the sales asst, it's only while stock last.. so ladies, go there if you want to purchase.
They also have the slim version.. $5.50 if i'm not wrong for a pack of 12 also.

Just saw in NTUC earlier.. They have kotex maternity pads (adhesive & loop types). The adhesive ones are at $5.90 for 10 pieces.. still find that the motercare ones are more worth it..

I want to celebrate v day cos I didn't get to celebrate my bd with hb last yr.. just da pao some food and sit at the reservoir later.. dont believe in getting ripped off by the retailers on this day

true lor.. just a gimmick from businessmen.. wahaha.. me going home to have dinner as usual.. dunno wat time hubby knock off also.. going to be home alone later..

Back