(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

Summer, my ger is not allergic or reacting anything to FM, she simply just love bm. And my paed is very encouraging of bm. But I really got a hard time taking care of my ger last time. She was very demanding then. Nursed every hr and at nite, couldn't sleep well at all cos she nursed every hr too and always wanna be carried.

Abt this mixing bm and fm. I read before that no point doing so cos once mixed the nutrients of bm would be gone. So it's best that give pure bm.

HIya Jasmine, so u enjoy yr trip to Paris/Vienna? How many days u were there? The last time I went Paris was actually 10yrs back. Simply love it there! so romantic! Hey hey *shake hands, mother of 3. Lately do like to bake. So far had tried butter cake, chocolate cheese cake, banana chocolate chips cake. Would like to try oreo cheese cake soon.

hi summer ,

My girl try nafalac also like that .. then i change to similac is ok ...but only 2 tins , she start vomiting n unable to poo poo.. now she on dumex so far so gd ... already take 10 tins no problem liao ...maybe you can try changing brand.

Congrats, Mindy! Reyes is really chubby n cute!

update on chloe today ...
Lucky no sign of fever , so far so good ... only rashes all over...applying some cream for her n put her in air con room whole day. every 4 hr change cloth n powder her , hope she will get well soon .
If i off air con , all her rashes become red n more. That y i keep her in air con rm.

Etelle,
Can update chloe weight n height : - as 14 June 06 weight 6.08kg height 61.5cm
Thank you !
happy.gif

Lim
white blood low ok one lah. meaning her body is fighting the disease. need not worry. let her take more water if possible cos fever appetite sure no good one. the rashes did doc say can put calamine lotion?
etelle
the cool cushion my hub got it from NTUC pharmacy but toyogo warehouse at TPY sell even cheaper.
i holiday now leh u forgotten huh? still got one more week.
Mindy,
congrats! he is really very chubby and cute!
bulma
how's your little prince? getting better?
Jas
very ho mia leh! i never been to Paris and in fact my HB told me i can forget about any trips for next 2 years... my parents and sis going malaysia on sat n HB going BIL's ROM. i pang tang cos bb haven pass 6 months so both of us not going. hee hee...tot of asking some old friends out for dinner... my HB say can but must be female... walau... except feb thread i seldom got female friends leh...
vomit milk
Noel also like that. after drinking maybe 1 hour later puke, but PD said it's ok. my grandma told me must make a bit hotter. vomit cos milk too cold. i dunno true or not lah but it works on noel.
hmmm... vomit no need change to soya milk. mostly milk allergy will have diarrheo n serious diarrohea might lead to dehydration. Noel is allgery to cow's n goat's milk. he is on Isomil. Soya milk will still put on weight but no as much as BM or cow's milk. imagine my gf's bb 3 months exactly, he weighs 6.5kg n 62cm n noel 4 months only 7 kg n 63cm.i also dunno who is overweight but noel definitely on the taller side. heng ah... not like me... i only 1.6m leh... at least my HB is 1.86m so better be like him..(that's y me n HB seldom kiss cos i cant reach his lips hee hee)

Koli
Thank i will go NTUC and check it out. Haha i forgotten that you are on holidays leh. I thought you haven't resume work ...hee hee blur liaoz...haha i find you and your hubby evry funny leh he sound insecure and MCP to me haha form the way you talk about him...hee hee but as long as the two fo you are happy together then
happy.gif

Yesterday black eye Ethan sleep with us cuz my niece who came over to stay isn't feeling well and i dun want Ethan to be affected. Then he slept at 11pm then wake up at about 33am for milk then about 715am again for milk. Wonder how come yesterday he woke up for milk...is it okie if he wakes up for milk or he shouldn't be waking up liaoz????

Mindy
Wah, nurse every hour! You must be very tired. I would love to continue bf but my ss very low these days, cannot meet her dd. And i find milk flow has tapered off coz she dun latch on direct liao... all on bottle. My gal only vomit like 1-2 hour later after she drink. Any advice how to increase BM?

Lim
Ya, i have to switch brnads and try. Must buy 1 tin standby at home jus in case i no milk.

Anyone know how to introduce FM with BM... like how many feed BM how many feed FM for a start?

Koli
I thik my gal vomit not because the milk is not hot enough coz i m sure the milk is of right temp since my mum prepared them and she has been taking care of my 6 month old niece.

Summer, yup super tired, but well trained by my 2 elder kids already. They never slept thurout the nite. There was a period where i seem like never sleep too cos preparing homeschool materials. Sigh dunno how many donkey years, i never sleep for one straight 8hrs already. I find eating proper meals help in supply of milk. I include fish daily, chicken essense, digestive biscuits, oats/cereal, milo do help to boast supply of bm.

Now I never let Reyes latch on already. I pumped diligently every 4hrs. For introducing fm, u can start off once a day at nite feed. Then slowly (after a week), another bottle in the daytime, then (another week), another bottle in the morning.

Mindy
asked you ah...since you experienced mummy hee hee :p My son is 4 mths old ah and his pattern ah last feed at 10+ then he will wake up at 5+ or 6 for his next feed one. Is it okie? And sometimes he will wake up at 3+ for another feed then 7+ again is this also okie??

Mindy
Thanks for the advice. I have also started to take chicken essence everyday now. Fish has also been my daily food. Oats and Milo for breakfast at times. Think i have to be more conscientous in eating all these on a daily basis and see if it helps.

Why you dun latch Reyes on direct since you SAHM? Do you find supply is tapering off when bb doesn't latch on?

I used to pump 4 times a day but has to increase to 2-3hrs one pump in the day to get that supply. How much can you pump each time? Me can only get say 80-100ml. Only early morning pump can get more... 140-160ml.

Mummies
Best Feature Baby this theme seems to bring alittle confusion to some mummies. Let me try to explain alittle.

Best Feature does not only mean Best yes, Sharpest nose, Smallest Mouth or what.your baby can have just one nice feature or a couple of feature or overall features nice...it doesn't matter as long as he has a feature you like then let your baby join....you never know what you gonna get hee hee
happy.gif

So join in and have fun...our motive is for fun and also to get this group going
happy.gif
So participate!!!

Etelle: Yeah!!! hehe like ur explanation... hehe

ai yeo ethan normal la..... hehe most babies will wake up once to drink milk milk one la... hehe at times Xin ru also will...but very seldom la... hehe if they are able to sleep thru its good... and if they hungry they will wake up for milk.. at least a min. of 4hrs lor.... if every 2 hour drink then maybe should increase milk intake liao...
happy.gif

Mindy: correct boh... correct me if i am wrong ya... hehe

<font color="ff0000">ilim</font>
How many packets are you letting go? Didnt have time to read thru the whole thread, but can use it to wipe baby's fingers and face? Sometimes we are out but not accessible to toilets, probably can use to wipe Annika's chin area to remove milk stains.

sunshinkid
pigeon one also can use to wipe hands and face right? So far only used pigeon wipes to wipe the body and buttocks leh ha ha....cannot ah dun scare me ah..hee hee :p

sunshinekid
me sharing wif my friends n still got another 20pkts we looking for ppl to share. the wipes can be use to clean hand n mouth cos nano wipes totally no frangrance.

Sunshinekid
Since Annika's has got sensitive skin, i think not that ideal to use bb wipes to clean her chin. My nephew 4years old alrdy, but he developed rashed after my cousin use bb wipes to clean his face. So better avoid. I usually bring a wet cloth and put in a container to clean her face when we're out.

Hi gals

Feeds
Will give my boy last feed at 12.30am-1am. Then next feed he will wake up at 4 plus or 5 plus. He always finish his milk (currently 125ml) unlike some babies only take a little. Seen fr magazines that we can skip the night feed when he reach 6 mths. I think will be difficult for him cos he always wake up every night for the feed.

Ladies, any advice?

mtan: ur boy how many months liao le?? total FM or mix?? could it be he is not drinkin enough and wake up to drink... like 3 hrs plus interval only hor...

Feeds:
My boy nv wake up for nite feed, he will sleep from 10plus all the way to 6plus or 7plus. According to some mag n books they says start sleep train bb when they on solid but i follow american way lor start after 3mths.

But i find tht bb noes when they r hungry n when they r full. If hungry will cry for milk lor

hahaha Amanda, correct! Stella, mai kan cheong, yr lovely ethan on the right track. I read here and there last time on nite feeds and there's people who suggest giving water ONLY at nite so that baby will sleep throughout and won't wake up for milk. To me, I just feel that if baby wanna drink milk, just give. For my #1, Rick, when he was a baby, he woke up 2 times daily for milk and this lasts UNTIL now (he 5yrs old). Guess it's just a habit. For Raeann, no joke, every hr nursed.

Summer, the reason y I never latch on now is becos at one time he kinda refused bottle and only want breasts. I'm afraid he would be like my ger (Refused bottles all the way) and it'd be very hard for me as I need to ferry my kids to school and classes daily. Or at any point I need to be out w/o baby, he got to be bottle feed by helper at home. Now Reyes' last feed is 7pm and he sleeps by 7.30am. He'll wake up 4 or 5 am for milk.

Now every 3hrs, I get 120ml. If abt 5hrs can get 220ml.

Amanda

Amos just turn 4 mths old. He's on FM, EBM only 2 feeds in daytime. I think I will train him when he starts to eat cereals around 6 mths cos my hb and I are very tired to wake up.
He shld be drinking right quantity according to his weight. Currently, weight at 5.8kg, the lightest of all yr gals babies. He born small, only 2.5kg at birth.

ilim, can keep e nano wipes mah why u wanna sell? it's good lei not soapy. i hvae 4 pkts of 80s one myself. hvnt start using cos stil trying to finish the pigeon ones first.

stella, the pigeon ones (red packaging ones) i think the packaging got put can wipes hands right? but i huh kia-si stil buy the blue packaging pigeon ones for wipes hands, mouth and toys b4 pass to jarren. the blue packaging is formulated with 100% food ingredients, can use on hands and face and it disinfect pacifiers, teethers and toys

mtan: my gal start drinkin abt 195ml at 4 months le... maybe try to give a little more?? cause if bb hungry they sure wake up to drink milk one leh...

babe: my gal last feed ard 8+ then sleep all the way till mornin 5+,6am.... she been like tat since 2months plus liao le... but if she drink ard 4pm then din cry for milk when i bring her home then she will wake up ard 3+4am to drink liao....

baby wipes: nano wipe is what brand de?? i using Avent and find it good... hehe some more got aloe vera smell... hehe

Mindy
I also agree if bb is hungry should give them milk, seems kinda 'cruel' just to give them water.
You can tahan nurse every hour... best! When my gal was less than a month old, i have to feed her from 3am+ to 6am+ non-stop. Coz she suckle suckle sleep, i tot she full alrdy, i put her back to cot... 15mins later she cry again.. then i feed again. Repeat the same procedure many times and before i know it morning alrdy! Very tiring.

Same case like yours, at one time she rejected bottle totally so much so that people around me see me feed her and how she cry also ask me "aiya, i think you latch her on direct lah". It was a tough process, coz i hv to return to work soon so very scared to latch her on coz she can latch on once only and totally reject bottle again when she was ok before that. So totally took her off the bottle, but ss drop. Now i wan to latch her on, she refuse... see my nipple like see monster like that. How much is Reyes drinking now?

Amanda
Your bb drink a lot leh! What is her weight? My bb only drink 120-140ml at most. But averagely 80-100ml which is very little... problem also.

MTAN
Your bb's last feed very late hor? my bb's last feed @ 8-9pm+ then sleep till 4-5am for feed. I agree with Amanda, bb not full will wake up more often, won't fall into a deep slumber. Anyway, I am still swaddling my gal at night so that she can sleep longer, otherwise she will fidget and wake up many times at night. I know most of the mummies here dun swaddle their bb liao
sad.gif

amanda, e nano one is korean brand. i fl it is not soapy, dry dry flg after wipes and also unscented so is good for bb lei so i buy liao hvnt use on jarren so dunno jarren use liao ok or not cos he now stil using the balance pigeon wipes that i hv

Hi Bulma,
I tried to reply u but your email is not working. I will ask the seller if she can du your design. By the way, u have design in mind liao?

summer: my gal ah.. her weight at 3.5months is 5.7kg...she now drinkin ard 195 and sometimes can even finish 210.... haha... but her huge intake can last for abt 5hrs to 5.5 hrs.. so sometimes when i bring her home from infant care,she can go to sleep without wantin milk.... but lately she refuse milk.. so take ard 165-195 like tat lor...

bul: initially i used pigeon also... but rough rough leh.. i feel not good for buttock.. hehe so i try avent...but avent one a little wet after wipe.. haha then aloe vera also good for skin and she suitable so i stick to this.. hehe

<font color="ff0000">Amanda</font>
Wow. Your Xinru is a very big drinker leh, but 5.7kg at 3.5mths is not overweight or what. Just nice lor.

I find Tollyjoy quite good leh. The big tub one which is blue in colour. Have been using that for few yrs. I find Pigeon ones very dry and rough. Heard of Annaku? Heard very good comments on this brand as well.

My baby Annika's last feed is usually 9.30-10pm, and she can sleep through till about 6.45/7am. She does not drink alot, usually about 140ml and 6 feeds a day. Sometime she won't finish all, balance 10-20ml, sometimes more. Waste milk.. hiaz.

<font color="ff0000">Summer</font>
Ok, think I should be more conscientious to wipe Annika more often with wet towel rather than baby wipes. I tell u, I feel I am so lax with this baby, nt so kan chiong as compared to 1st baby.

<font color="ff0000">MIndy</font>
Ur boy 5YO liao still wake up 2 times a nite for milk?? Wah... My son was doing that till about 2.5yrs old, then auto didnt wake up for milk lioa. Phew! But i find that they are not really hungry lah, more of habit tats all.

<font color="aa00aa">Amanda</font>
oh that means ok lah, her feed can last her so long... good for you leh. My gal feeds every 2-3 hours. Sometimes 1.5 hours she hungry liao... so i very the bo eng. Can only relax after 9pm when she is asleep for the day. She drinks more for her night feed... about 140-170ml. She is 5.5kg at 3.5 months.

<font color="ff0000">MTAN</font>
I realised that mine is the lightest baby leh. She is only 2.460kg at birth. Yours is heavier than mine.

<font color="aa00aa">Sunshinekid</font>
For me, I am sick and tired of people asking abt the rash on her face... even passer bys. So tired to explain what is it why like that, blah blah blah... so bo bian, i have to be diligent. Coz i need some peace. And i realise eczema is itchy, so wan to relieve her also. Recently, I use tea to wipe her face and she is reacting well. I will soak some tea leaves and put them in the fridge. Will changed every 2-3 days. So after her feed, I will use a soaked cotton pad with the tea and wipe her face. I feel it's a more natural remedy as compared to the creams prescribed by PD. Annika's face got rash or body only?

Amanda yr Xinru big tanker lei! REally a lot at this age, 195ml! Summer, Reyes drinks 120ml. The most is 150ml.

My kids lucky...cos I'm not those that sleep a lot ... haha maybe last time club too much so no need sleep much kind...

Summer
Can try buying Jin Ying Hua from medical hall, boil and then clean her face.

The uncle at the medical hall taught me to boil, then cool down and store in a bottle. Keep cleaning her face thru out the day. After 2-3 days, throw the water away, and keep repeating till recover. I bot liao but havent boil. Will try this weekend. Keep u posted if it works or not. Jia You together!

Her face more jialat, but I notice her arms has 1-2 patches of dry, round and reddish skin. Looks horrible. And her legs are not smooth! If u run the fingers thru her legs, they feel like those small small whiteheads.

sunshinekid: hehe initially i also scare she is drinkin too much but apparatly PD say she is good tat she drinks tat much... tat time when we first bring her to infant care, the teacher was so shocked tat she is able to drink tat much... haha
i agree leh... pigeon one rough rough one.. hehe so i use avent then went go out then bring tollyjoy.. tat one also smooth smooth then thin thin one....

summer: hehe tat's xplain her sleepin thru at night lor... hehe ya lor... thankfully tat her drinkin is good if not i sure piang san also... haha

but tiffany's weight is ok rite??

Mindy: hehe tat's y i scare later she become ah pui lor.... haha... but hor, we go accordingly to the guideline on the FM bottle one leh... hehe then she can finish so we let her drink like tat lor....
Mindy.. no leh.. haha i club alot i still need a lot of sleep.. imagine when xinru wake up at times to drink at nite, i will wake up to change her diaper then i pass her to hubby for feedin cause we agree tat if she wake up for milk, i change diaper he feed and i zzzz... haha but the next morning i can feel sleepy leh. haha just for tat 10-15 mins of wakin up leh... hehe maybe i born to need a lot of sleep.. hehe
Xinru ah... ai sometimes she 4hrs will start to fuss liao.. then if make for her she will drink abt 180 sometimes 200.. then if 5-5.5 hrs, she will take abt 195-210.... but hor.. if ur boy takes every 2 hrs at 120-150ml then also consider a lot liao mah... correct?? hehe

<font color="ff0000">Smiley</font>
Small at birth isnt a bad thing after all. I had a super easy labour, no tear, no cut so no stitches.
happy.gif

sunshinkid
hao lian lah ha ha :p mine biggest baby but then tear and cut also not those bad bad 3rd degree one lah normal hee hee :p just teasing...

Mummies
my baby is dirnking about 160-180ml for about 3 hrs interval leh most of the time he finishes about 170ml...so is that alright for 4 mths or 2 much???

hehe... ai yeo... dun worry on how much ur baby is takin.... most importantly is they have sufficient and ur PD says nothing abt the weight..... cause individual babies have different intake la.. they drink liao no zhang zhang and feels ok then ok liao lor...
Mummies... dun worry too much....
happy.gif

Sunshinekid,
my labour pretty ok cos i had epidural mah. but got tear lor. not v bad...just 3 stitches....

stella,
pls update my gal weight/height. abt 6.1kg/60cm
thanks.

milk intake:-
my gal intake not much. abt 150ml per 4hrs. small eater lah. so weight is at 25th percentile nia.

summer: hmm then ok lor... hehe tat time my gal is at 60 or 75 percentile leh when she at her 1.5months... hehe but at 3.5 months tat time her PD say still a little heavy but ok cause my Xin Ru tall... then i at ease...

Bulma
In case u din manage to get my msg from msn... me not selling it away but me n my friend getting a carton of the 30s n there's 54 pkts in it so see whether anyone wanna join us lor.

Me had tried the wipes really like it alot lor n ya no saopy feeling n it no frangrance n smooth. Me dun dare to use pigeon to wipe keagan's hand or mouth.

Babe
Me din really sleep train him leh, jus tht he manage to sleep thru himself n if he did wake up he dun look for milk he will look for his pacifier, once pacifier in his mouth he sleeps almost immediately.

But if r bb stills wake up n cry for milk do give him or her lor. But if they r full they will not wake up lor

Back