(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

Mashy,

ya the second day very short so i dunno can i finish the disney anot. But if stay 2 days at disney hotel like very long hor. Then up 2.5days there liao.

Now i have 2 kids if i wan to go trip have to bring 1 with us. If not MIL cant take care of 2.

I have decide where to go but i need to book my tkts today. cos it promo price i worry book too late dun seats loh. And the sale period end at 12 jan.

Jappooh
I went Disneyland last 2nd day, i oredi too tired to walk n play le haha! Maybe u wan to consider going on 1st 2days?

My Itinerary
day 1: reach in afternoon, rest, walk around in Kowloon, Ave of stars.
day 2: HK island, The Peak
day 3: Macau. Nice food, but regret abit cos of the bumpy ferry ride... n YJ got sea sick. Very tiring day.
day 4: Disneyland. didn't finish whole park and rides. Didn't even got chance to take breakfast there.
day 5: fly back

Last round, I went Disneyland HK alone, managed to complete almost everything within 3.5hours haha! With YJ along, can't finish 1 Land

Hi Siewlng,

cos i will be reaching in the afternoon also so like go disney 1st also not much time.

BTW any one stay at Royal Pacific Hotel b4. Any comments on this hotel? Is it far from MTR?

Jappooh

I stayed there!
happy.gif
LOved it there. But must be tower wing. Heard the hotel wing is a bit tight. The Tower Wing has king sized beds, so quite comfy.

It's very near Kowloon Park (connected by a bridge) which we bring our boy to in the morns. He loves the playground there.

MTR is nearby but not that near, still need to walk a distance. There's an Espirit factory outlet just below.

And the hotel is connected by the airport express free shuttle, so we took that free shuttle to the airport express station to go disneyland.
happy.gif
When we go HK island, we also took the free shuttle. hehehe. So when transferring to the disney hotel, it'll be easier for u. Can just take the free airport shuttle and then take the Tung Chung line to Disneyland.

BTW, the Macau ferry terminal is just below the hotel, so if u wanna go macau, it's also very convenient.

Mashy,

how long does it take to walk to the MTR stn. BTW the promo is not valid for the Tower wing loh. I think is at the hotel wing. Dunno the bed enough for 3 of us anot. Cos we state 2 adults instead of 2 + 1. Is that ok? Cos of the promo price just need to pay $312 for 3 nite stay there? Cheap?

BTW i book my air tickets liao. Flying on 21 feb coming back on 25 feb. Find the price is good now.

Mashy,
your recent trip u stay in Royal Pacific hotel?

So u mean we can take the airport express at the airport to then take free shuttle bus to the hotel?

Hi gals,

any one can help me on this? 1st time go HK so need to find out.

1)How can i get to the Royal Pacific hotel when i am at airport?
2) Form Royal Pacific hotel how to go to Disneyland?
3) From disneyland how to go to airport.

it is very difficult to go to airport without taking cab and with luagge and elvin?

jappooh

yup yup, i stayed there at my most recent trip. Wow, cheap leh. But i read hotel wing smaller, so can only expect a queen size bed. Not sure big enough for 3 of u or not. I find it too squeeze coz my boy will kick us when he sleeps. The Tower Wing quite luxurious. Even had separate bath and shower.

Re your qns,
1) Take the airport express to kowloon station, then change to the free airport shuttle. The bus is K2. It's the last stop. Actually, you'll find the bus will make a stop at Marco Polo Prince which is just next door to Royal Pacific and make a big loop before coming back to Royal Pacific. If you're having luggage, still better to wait for the last stop. If you're just taking the shuttle without luggage, can stop at Marco Polo stop and walk over. Faster that way.

2) Take the airport shuttle K2 (at the doorstep) to Kowloon Station, transfer to Tung Chung line. Change to Disneyline at Sunny Bay.

3) That i dunno, maybe can ask those who stayed there.

For us, we managed with luggage and my boy. I will push the stroller with C in it while my hb will handle the luggage.

RE: Distance to MTR
Think it's abt 10mins walk. Also depends on how fast u walk lah. I was spotting, so had to walk real slowly. There's a flight of stairs at the MTR entrance, so be prepared.

Mashy,

they only have promo for the hotel wing. If it is Tower wing then no promo and it going to cost much more. So no pt loh. Will still look ard the hotel than decide. Thanks for all tje info that u provide.

Jappooh
We took cab from Disneyland hotel to airport, cos I calcualted the fares to take cab Vs airport express via MTR, almost same for 3 of us but more effort need to change. Cab Fare abt 100HKD.
The distance from Disneland to airport is quite near, abt 30min or less for us. They are on same Lantau island.
BTW, Royal Pacific hotel to TST MTR station not so far for adult to walk abt 10min. But with a kid... hmm...

mashy,

have check Zuji the price not so attractive loh. It end up $500+ for 3 nites.

Siewlng,
thx. Then we will take cab to airport then. Do u knw how much does it cost to take cab from airport to poyal pacific hotel? Means with a kid need to walk for more than 10 mins loh?

Jappooh

Cab to Royal Pacific will be ex leh. Coz it's in Tsim Sha Tsui. Sure ex... Easier to take the airport express. No jams somemore.

I find the walk ok, coz we were stroller c, so if u intend to take stroller, shouldn't be a prob.

Hi,

how much is the airport express? Cos we need to buy for 3 rite since elvin is 3 yrs old already.

There is coach service which cos HK$105 per person. Dunno ex anot.

Any idea?

I dun intend to bring stroller lei. Then we have to walk for sometime loh.

Jappooh
My recent visit, we stay at TST, we took Airport Express (fare = 140HKD for 2 adult. Not sure abt kids fare). Then took a cab from Kowloon station to hotel (cost us abt HKD30).

For u, as mentioned by Mashy, u can take Airport Express same to Kowloon, then take K2 shuttle bus straight to Royal Pacific hotel (if u r staying there).

Their Airport Express train has a area for u to put your luggages. U can push your airport trolley right to Airport Express Train platform. It takes abt 20min to reach Kowloon from Airport.

I took cab from TST to Airport before on Apr08, cost me about 280HKD or more. Took me about 1hour plus to reach.

Hi mummies,
so long never log in. So many 2nd time mummies le. Congrats!

Anyone know where to get thomas the train sandals? My boy already got 1 insists on having thomas the train sandals to replace for CNY and not other designs. Keep saying bu yao bu yao when we try others for him. Help!

Hi Jappooh,

Paiseh..nw den reply u.. I going HK in April.. Booked air tics and hotel liao.. But since still early..still might want to see see look look first before deciding.. Haven reli plan my itinenary yet..

Congrats on your boy! Take care ya!

Hi tomatolander,

wow u going in april but already book ait tkts and hotel liao har. Where will u be staying?

For me i just book tkts with SIA. Pay $1099 for it. As for hotel i havent confirm where to stay.

Hi Mashy,
the Royal Pacific hotel price went up already.
sad.gif

The promotion that i am looking at no longer valid.

Gals anyone have other hotel to recommend?

jappooh

oh.
sad.gif

What is your budget? If it's very tight & u don't mind a small room, u can consider BP International. The room is small but otherwise clean and nice. We loved that place too and it's also rather convenient. It was at half the price we paid for Royal Pacific then but coz my SIL having triple sharing, we had to go Royal Pacific instead.

If not, u can just making a booking (not advance payment type) as a standby while u slowly look for better deals. Like that you won't have to incur cancellation charges if u decide to switch hotel. Sometimes wotif can give u great deals during the last 2 weeks.

Mashy,

actually i dunno wat is my budget lar. Just that when we look at hotel saw the Royal Pacific Hotel have good deals for 3 nite stay just pay $313 loh and the location consider not bad lar..

Now i am looking at the prudential hotel any one have comments on that? How is the superior rm. Now the charge is $169 per nite.

Mashy,

thanks i will go to the archive and take alook.

BTW when i bring Ervin for his 4 wks assement. The PD say he have ecezma. Wonder how she conclude that with just 1 look. His face do have some red dots. but i thought that is milk rash cos i breast feed him then his cheek always gena the breastmilk.

Mashy,

thx will look at this hotel look like the price is cheaper hor.

where can i make nooking that is dun have to pay now? Look like most i look at have cancellation charges. Can u advise me on this?

jappooh

I think if u book direct from the hotels, no cancellation charges. Some hotels have their own promos which can be quite decent. BUt of course not all lah, some hotels' prices on the websites are very ex.

I've checked on Royal Plaza Hotel before. The hotel interior looks good, but not so convenient i think. Can check out some of the reviews in asiahotels/asiatravel/virtual tourist.

hi jappooh
Royal Plaza have very spacious rooms and it's a 5* hotel with reasonable pricing. I was there in Jul, good! Within mins to Fa Yuen Market and linked to MTR and shopping mall.

Prudential - went there in Oct, very nice and spacious rooms. Excellent location, just above Jordan MTR Station.

Hi Jappooh..

Yah lor..me so damn kiasu hoh.. Haha..

I booked via SIA too..but paid alot more than u.. Coz got 2adults and 2kids.. Smmore nw the fuel surcharge dropped liao.. Too bad la.. Dun wana go back and lament on my loss.. Hee..

I booked the Metropark Wanchai hotel.. FAmily comfort room.. Reviews nt bad and veri near to Wanchai mrt.. 3 to 5mins? And wat I like best is there's a queen bed and a single bed in the room... Suitable for me la.. When 2A2C gonna squeeze in a room..

Anyone bringing your girls to the Disney on Ice Princess stories? Still thinking if i should bring xin ru since have to pay full price ticket for her. Or should I wait till they bring Mickey Mouse back?

Hi Summer,
like to check with u the Royal Plaza hotel which rm did u stay? Do u knw is the superior consists of 2 queen size bed? I wan to knw is the bed big enough for 3 of us.

U say it can walk to MTR stn from the hotel?

Hi Mummies,

I've 4 tins of Similac Gain IQ Kid (step 4, 900g) to let go @ S$23/tin. as I had bought the wrong milk formula for my son. If interested, pls PM me for details.

Regards,
Audrey

Mummies

Can i do a survey? How many of your kids can recognise Letter A to Z? And also how many knows the phonetical sound of the letters?

Hi Jappooh
I dont really know what room is that. But the room i got is more than enough for 3 of you. The room we had was like 2 super single beds, can even sleep 2 adults each bed. So if you have kids, joing them together and it's no problem. My sis booked another connecting room which is smaller in terms of walking area but the beds are the same size. It's connected to a shopping mall and the mall is connected to i think Prince Edward East Station.

Hi Etelle
Tiff can only recognise letters from her name and her cousins like T, F, A, S, O, M. And to her, W is also M
happy.gif
Numbers also selective ones.

Hi Summer,

thanks for your feedback.

Hi Etelle,
Elvin can recongize A to Z for both cap and small letters and knw all the phonetical sound of the letters. As for numbers he can count 1 to 30 but can only recongise 1 to 9. Sometime he get confuse on the 6 and 9. But he dun knw 0. Cos when he saw that he will also say is letter O.

YJ know both (letter itself n phonics) for letters, she can correct my phonics haha!

she can identify numbers 1-9 n some chinese character's numbers... numbering, yj can't count yet... oni recognise nia

But such things is like brain washing thingy...

Back