(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

Mashy
haha bulma has lots of Ku shui to tu about her trip...more of tiring for her than enjoyable..heee
happy.gif

Bulma
think it's an experience la...at least u know how it's like bringing 2 abroad mah...

Bulma
How's Disney Hollywood Hotel? I think i might be staying at that hotel in Oct too. Is it nice and what can we do at night?

summer,
there are 2 hotels in disneyland, 1 called hollywood 1 called disneyland.
I stayed in the disneyland hotel last nov, they gave small room slippers and robes for the kids... so cute when fk wears it after bath
happy.gif

The room's accessorries all comes in disney characters, very cute de lor.

violet
so cute, bedroom slippers and bath robes for the kids... can bring home?
happy.gif
Just checked my co's itinerary, am staying at Disneyland Resort. I heard that the resort is actually quite far from Disneyland? Any idea if we are able to take a cab/mtr from the resort accessibly at night?

summer,
i dunno can bring home the robe or not :p so I only bring back the slippers. They dun re-use the slippers de bah....

They hv shuttle bus to bring the hotel guests to n fro the disneyland de, so no worries. You can catch MRT or public buses at the Disneyland if u wanna go to mainland HK or kowloon.

If wanna go elsewhere fm the hotel itself think u will hv to get a cab le.

summer, u going disneyland free ah? haha so good, company pay ah?

yes, hollywood hotel also give kids robe and slippers. i also only br bk the slippers
happy.gif
now j1 is wearing at home daily haha

mashy, 2 adults handle 1 kid is ok lah.. "fang xin" go and enjoy yrself
happy.gif
but b prepared to Q and Q in disneyland haha

etelle n mashy
no lah wun get offended leh. i thank u for your compliment instead. maybe cos 2nd one coming plus hubby stroke last yr,sort of sat down n think of wat i want for the future. my hubby told me nt to worry abt $. if he dies, i will have a lot but i think i want my hubby. i just have to spend lesser.
happy.gif

hubby actually comment that i am more dong shi also. heehee... ... happy lor cos he seldom praise me.

re: tour
envied mummys going tour. my spain trip this dec cancelled liao. suppose to visit n stay wif my cousins but my hubby said better not fly since my body so weak. planning for Australia in May next year. will bring N1 but leave N2 with my mum.

re: name
if its a boy i will call him Noah. girl- Nessa? nice name or not?

koli

Heheh, sorry, just thinking out loud & the worst case scenarios in terms of teasing in the future.

Nessa - Necessary
'u called nessa? I'm sary'

Bulma
Yes, going Hangzhou first then to HK disneyland for conference. Will be spending 2 nights there. Then after that, hubby will fly in to meet me to extend for another 3 nights. Quite excited actually. It's been so long we went on a holiday by plane... haha. The last was our honeymoon 4 years back.

hi Koli
when would you know baby's gender? should be soon? wait till then then crack your brain lah... heehee.

koli - how abt natasha? norman?

<font size="+2">parc oasis condo - um, can i just ask if anyone here, or u know of anyone that lives in parc oasis??? i need help in booking the function room this sat evening.... HELP>>>>></font>

re: name
nothing special about the name la just thinking since i am so free at home everyday.

wendy
parc condo? never heard off leh.

mashy,
actually teasing each other is good leh. wun get offended. i know that the advices and suggestion given by all mummies here are genuine.
happy.gif

wendy

why that particular condo? Haha, it's as good as digging a needle in the haystack. Somemore they usually allow residents to book 1 month before. And it being Sat evening. I think you've very little chances of getting it.

oh, my friends and i had already booked the bbq pit. now we feel that we need the fn room for wet weather plans.
we all stayed in jurong, so that's a conv loctaion for all of us.

wendy

huh? If your friend can book the bbq pit, then should be able to book the function room bah. If not, can ask his/her neighbour to help?

hihi,
I am back.
happy.gif

currently moved back to punggol, send my kids to a childcare in pasir ris.

summer,
why you so cute, add a TM to your name? keke.

bulma,
wow, you went hong kong! I intend to go next year.... keep my fingers cross will be able to...
violet also went, wow, summer also gg... all aim disneyland is it? keke.

koli
I'm so glad that you're not offended coz wasn't sure of reaction.
actually, it was coz of a book i was reading, the main character's baby was nicknamed Nessie and the mum got real angry at the guy who gave the nick: "You named my daughter after the Loch Ness monster!!" Just happened that the names were so similar, so the connection popped in.

aiyoh, hear you all talk abt hk I also went to do a little research and found that SQ now got very sweet deal to HK, only $535ppax min 2 to go and that's inclusive of all taxes liao! Told my ah lao, but his leave almost pichar so if we go can only go for wkend. And his budget is $1.5k...that'll only cover the airtix for 4 of us. So we stay under the stars and eat air... :p

haha suddenly HK "ri" :p

Ah may, why send to Pasir Ris cc so "far"? PG nothing meet your expectation ah? will not convenient to send kids to pasir ris then go work?

bulma,
actually near my hubby workplace, so pasir ris not that far.
happy.gif
now boys go to sch with daddy going to work, and they come home together.
happy.gif

wow then yr maid alone at home ah? u "Fang xin" ah? since 2 boys go cc le, why stil nd maid? if purely for housework also no so many housework for a full time maid to do mah... why not send her away, get P/T helper to do housework if u and hb dun wanna do???

keke,
hubby lazy to do housework, actually we need help when the boys are back. hubby and me work long hours, need someone to work the loose ends. likely when my boys are older then we will be free from maid. we still fine tuning to see how things work out.

me is likely abt 1 to 2 hrs at night, after dinner, bathe them, read books and sleep time.
husband will eat breakfast with them in the morning and send them to sch.
cannot imagine right... like bad mummy.
cannot imagine if we still have to spend time to do housework and other stuff, no time to spare for them liao.

may

maybe u should consider a career switch. You're a teacher right? My SIL who's a teacher now does tutoring. She says earns quite a bit at half the time. And no need to do marking &amp; set papers. So at least her mornings &amp; nights are free for her kid.

mashy,
I considering, but dunno if I too career minded or what, not willing to let go of my students yet. maybe 2010 i may quit. haha. because mine is 2 year cycle, they are taking a level next year. so maybe till then might consider again.

Ah May
long time no hear your posting le...glad to have u back...hee hee

Claire
wow 500+ quite reasonable price right inclusive of all taxes le...haha but i also no days to go hb got projects coming...
sad.gif
maybe next year then can go le...

Ah May
Nothing right or wrong abt spending so 'little' time with your boys lah. Most FTWM r like tat... Does not meant FTWM r less 'qualified' mums loh!I feel 'quality' time is more important loh.
Even is SAHM, can spend whole day 'with' the kids... don't meant r quality time! Not everyone can afford to be SAHM lah.

siewlng

Hehe, have to disagree abt the 'not everyone can afford to be SAHM' smt.

Everyone can afford to be a SAHM. It just depends on the quality of life you want. There are pp who can survive on a single income ($2k-$3k) with a SAHM and a couple of kids. It really depends on what you want. If you want a long overseas holiday, a big car, a big house, then of course not everyone can be SAHM. But if you can lower expectations, live with less, then anyone can be a SAHM. With prudent spending, an average household with single income should still be able to afford a small car, insurance policies and a short holiday.

True that even SAHM may be spending quantity time and not quality time. I'm guilty of that sometimes. But this can become an excuse for FTWM not to spend time with the kids, so have to be very careful abt this. My hb's colleague hardly spends time with his children. They go on holidays without them, dun even have dinner with the kids. They are very busy pp and they can be working past midnight every night. Is that quality time spent with the kids? Quality time also need quantity time. I dun think the once a month quality time is considered good time spent on their kids and should be considered sufficient. Of course, not everyone is like that. They're probably the extreme case.

I think so long as the children are happy, you are happy then it's perfectly fine how you wanna lead your life. Don't have to be bothered by what others say, but at the same time, we've to ask ourselves this question, have we done our part in raising the kids other than fulfilling their financial needs? There's no room for regrets. The kids grow up so fast, so we've to make decisions without having any regrets. We've to remember not to neglect their emotional needs. The bond is built now, so that in their teenage years, they will come to you if they've a prob.

Mashy
You are assuming tat income to support your own family. Imagine, have to support extended families and with medical expenses on old ppl?

siewlng

yah agree. But i suppose if you've such burdens, then just have to forgo the car and hol lor. But guess not everyone is willing to go down that road.

Sigh, that's why we've to make our own retirement plans so that we won't be a burden to our kids next time. Many of the older generation don't make retirement plans or rather their retirement plans are their children. And the worse thing is, they didn't give birth to enough children to help support them!

I suppose i think further, so i got my dad medical insurance while he's still well and working. I paid for it myself using my CPF. Cheaper to pay for insurance than to pay for medical expenses in future. One thing we can never run away from is ill health when we're old. But I won't be able to sponsor holiday trips for him. I just turned down his request to sponsor his holiday to Japan. If I can, I will definitely give him some money. On the other side, my ILs saved a lot of money, make good investment plans for themselves and it really helped. They've already executed their retirement plan, so they can retire anytime now. So my hb and I agreed that we must be more like his parents and save up. BTW, his mom was a SAHM too, and only started working when they were in JCs.

When i compared our two extended families, we realise that it's not how much you earn but how much you save and invest that matters at the end of the day. My father earned quite well when he was younger coz he has his own company. But he wasn't very prudent with his spending, and spent all he had. My FIL started work as an office boy and worked his way up. Now he's able to own another property for extra income and still able to invest in businesses.

Sally

ok, get your point. Guess I'm real lucky that I don't have parents who are a burden to me altho once a while i still need to standby some money to finance them. And on top of that a sibling to support. Thought by now at our age, we shouldn't have any young siblings to support bah. They should be old enough to support themselves. Well, what can i say... it must be so frustrating to be in that predicament.

sally

hahaha, that's true. no house how to be SAHM?

At least my bro is earning his own keep now. I had to pay for his wedding and finance my dad's home (or rather mine coz it was under my dad and my name) before i got married too. Thank God all these went away after I got married. Just had to give my dad &amp; stepmom a roof over their head by getting them to stay with me.

BTW, in case u think that i'm against FTWM, i'm not. I'm totally supportive of FTWM so long as they know what's most important to them, that is their family and not their work. Work can always find. Family, there's only one. And of course, all the extra money (if any) can go to all the extra stuff to improve the quality of life.

I'll probably be working too, if it's not becoz i have no good alternatives for childcare.

mashy,
i also hope to be a SAHM. Though my hubby is able to support us. (me, him and our kids). but he still have his parents to care for. My PIL hse is still under payment and both his parent dun have saving. So rely on him alot and my MIL quit her job to look after my boy so we are paying for their hse in cash as well. For my side i have to pay for my granny medical expense. Quite a amt each mth but no choice she look after me since young so she is like a mum to me.

So i tell my hubby that i will still work. But once i reach hm i will spend time with my boy. And ofcos weekends.

Now i also save as much as possible so that next we can retire early and can support on our own in future. For me we dun own a car. That really save us alot.
happy.gif

On the other hand i really pei fu SAHM cos i feel that is a tougher to be a SAHM than a FTWM. Sometime i do feel more tired during weekends than weekdays. It take alot of courage to be one also.

jappooh

yah, it's better for u to work and pay your MIL to look after your kids than the other way round. Makes more sense right? Wow, you still pay for your granny medical expense? That time I suggested to my father that my granny move in to stay with us (coz the kids were bouncing her all over) and he objected to it. He said that he's already staying with us and I'm only a daughter (not son). Not good that we take in my granny too coz my ILs might mind. I'm surprised that you've to chip in for your granny's medical expenses too. What happened to all her kids? Must be hard on you and your hb.

It's great that you're planning for your future. It just so important nowadays coz we really can't depend on our kids next time. If not, it'll just become a vicious cycle and it never ends.

mashy,
actually my granny have 7 kids. My dad is the elders but he pass away when i am 5yrs old. So all along is my granny who bring me up. My sister say she cant afford and my bro very low pay as well. Currently only me and 1 of my auntie and uncle chip in loh. Cos all complaint no $$. I dun wan to let my granny feel unwanted and i am very close to her. I stay with her till i married and visit her everywk and bring her to all her medical appt. her medical expense is very ex..

She has many medical appt like eye check, kidney problem all that.. But she old liao i dun wan her to worry abt that. My IL knw that i am supporting my granny cos they knw i am very close to her.. Actaully my MIL very understanding she dun mind that at all. Way b4 i married my hubby i already make knw to him that i will have to support my granny till she pass on. He have to accept that loh.

Ya it only make sense that i work and my MIL help me with the kids.

Ya so i have to work now to save up for my future as well.
happy.gif
At the sametime cant neglect my boy also. So try to spend more time with him when i can loh.

jappooh

really admire you. All her kids so 'bu xiao'. sigh. Not many pp are like you. It's pp like u that give others hope.

My grandpa also like that very poor thing. He used to own a big terrace hse. Sold it off for $2million and distribute to a selective group of children &amp; grandchildren (didn't include my family coz my mom passed away when i was young and they kind of 'forgot' abt us). In his old age, he was sent to old age home. All his children complain no money. The grandson whom he sent overseas for studies also say no money to take care of him, the grandson whom he was staying with previously (my grandpa paid for his flat) kicked him out of his flat. They still have the cheek to ask my dad for money to take care of him when all along they totally ignored us after my mom passed on. Didn't even ask how we were when we were struggling and my father was hospitalised. At my grandpa's funeral, they then 'pretend' like filial children and grandchildren 'cry' and engage music band etc.

Medical fees are very ex nowadays esp for old folks. There's a lot of complications, a little bit only need to hospitalise.

Mashy,

for me i just think is my responsibility to take care of my granny since she take care of me when i am young mah. Like i told my hubby he have to take care of his parents as well. So as long as they wan to stay with us we will welcome them to my hse. I have no problem with that.

Ya nowadays medical fees are so ex. My granny was hospitlise 3x end last yr to early this yr. During her 3rd time in hospital this yr she wanted to give up her life and refuse for treatment. cos shw worry is too ex. I have to assure her that i can afford it and she dun haev to worry. That time i just discover that i am preg. So i told her the good news and ask her to stay strong so that she can see my baby in end this yr.

Now i am glad she is better liao.
happy.gif

Back