(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

mashy,
ya, i m aware about CP-shingles relationship... I mean if really kena CP le i think it's better to kena when young than in adulthood. Of course best is dun kena la
happy.gif

Any mummies interested in Mandeville's Baby Music class on Friday, 4 pm? It's an accompanied prog for 2-3 year olds. So far, there r 3 mummies, including myself, who r keen on this slot...they need minimum 8 to start the class. Pls call them up at 62501911 to let them know if u r interested. Thanks!

http://www.mandevillemusic.com/

re: Learn Swimming
My fren's son 3YO+, attending his swimming lesson at Singapore Sports School now... dun seem to have age or height limit. It is an indoor pool.
School name: Speediswim
$70 per month
Criteria is able to take instructions well and no fear of water

mummies
if you want to buy the walking animal balloons, let me know. I bought extra from US. Now our kiddoes can play with them already
happy.gif

Thumbs-up for huggies Ultra. Really good leh, Jerry can last thru the nite now without any change of diaper. Thanks to the mummies who recommended.

Anyone come across battery operated thomas the train blue engine, Edward, that runs on the blue track, price $29.95 can let me know? I search everywhere, got Gordon, James, Percy, just don't have Edward.....

Claire, lucky xr knows to take the swimming float.
So continue from last wed.. brought JX to doctor and said is CP. So now resting at home, in fact, she's ok, running here and there, making noise, still very active as in nothing happen to her.. hehe.. she's enjoying being at home with my pils. have to wait till next week then see if can go back to cc. I never kena CP before, so bo bian have to take vaccination on that day lo.. sigh.. pain~~~
JX also using Huggies Ultra for the whole night, i find it better than Pampers All Night, cause the cutting and design more suit to my gal, and, the pampers jelly form really irritaing..

siewlng
so young learn swimming le ah...but hor think in pri school also has swimming lesson somewhat compulsory one right?

mashy
yeah dun risk it man...

Jasmine
haha all the major kiddy stores dun have ah...online have or not? haha AAT ?

Diaper
i using GOON le...so far so food le..hee no pampers jelly or what but hor price getting steep...

How's everyone??? thread so quiet...

hi all
beware leh, dun go swim at pasir ris beach...
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/363813/1/.html
(Water at Pasir Ris Beach contains bacteria also found in human faeces)

Etelle
i tot of letting yj learn swimming to build up her lung n overcome her sensitive nose problem loh... but hor, tat day we went to PD, Dr Ngiam said we better dun bring YJ to swim for now cos of her sensitive nose, easy to get running nose loh... haiz

diaper - hmmm... daphne is using nepia (night) n NTUC (day)

CP - D already caught chicken pox early this year.

claire - thank god xr is alright...

Etelle,
What is GOON? Never hear b4. As for Edward train, I search Isetan(Scotts), toyrus(Forum/Tampines/Suntec), Takashimaya, OG, Kiddy palace(Century Sq), all no have. Today, I happened to go to Century Sq, went in kiddy palace to search again, got 1 sales assistant saw me search like maid woman, pity me, help me check Toa Payoh branch then finally found it! Phew!

jasmine
haha GOON is a new japanese brand diaper in the market. it's similar to nepia as good as nepia but it's less bulky
happy.gif
I sent you a referral email le...

Claire
Ya according to Dr Ngiam loh...
He said once catch running nose liao also hard to recover... Plus now yj in CC, the way he put it, if yj does recover from running nose, we r lucky loh haiz

siewlng
oh dear, like that ah?
My younger girl immunity not as gd as xr, already kena viral infection last mth, then now get again. Worst thing is once 1 gets it, the whole fmaily kena
sad.gif

Bulma/ Claire
think cuz everyone is involved in taking care of one another so very hard not to spread to the other one hor...

cham lor now i sick lor - down w sore throat, flu and fever.. siao liao lor... hope the kids dun get it else cham.. once they get it, like what bochap says, difficult to recover one haiz cos the 2 of them also sensitive nose de

bulma,
all the more we hv to take good care of ourselve not to fall sick so we won't spread to them lor.
Hope you went to the doc to get medication already... take care...

Bulma
wear a mask at home can or not? but bring the primary caregiver also tough for you le..unless ur hb can take over for the night...

violet
when kids fall sick it's so tiring for parents le...

ya lor stella,
it will be even worst if we r sick and still need to take care of them when we pass the virus to them lor
sad.gif

last time my hb very stubborn, refuse to see doc when he is sick. After we got kids, i will 'explain'(actually is NAG la) to him. Now he guai guai see doc whenever he is down with something lor.

stewIng - got let him try antibiotics? think once my son running nose also very long then we bobian gv AB. then he recover quite fast.

here is the office url can refer to
http://www.singaporemarathon.com/en/
my sister and brother in law registered and found that they can't attend, so have to give up yet cannot refund. So they are thinking to sell it out
1. 10 km - Men (Race starts 7.30 am)
amt is $38.25 (early bird and with 15% discount)
2. Half Marathon 21.1 km -Woman ((Race starts 6.30 am)
amt is $44.20 (early bird and with 15% discount)

lemontee

wah, u run marathon ah? I can't even run from my home to the carpark. Hahaha. I'm not the sporty type. My physiotherapist kept asking me to go swimming but so difficult to have time when C is well and I can swim.

siewlng
yes, is transferable, u can try try 21km.. i dare not try, i seldom run... same as mashy.. haha... me only run for buses.. haha

Lemontee
I cannot go for tat run liao... got something on that day also... anyway, i doubt i can complete 10km oredi hehe... I better join those 5km run le

Hi gals,

long time didnt post liao.. Have my detailed scan yesterday and everything went well.

I am expecting a baby boy.
happy.gif

Hi Jappooh
Glad to hear that everything's fine. Elvin is your boy right? sorry ah, been a while so a bit blur liao. If I am right, then good for your boy... a playmate
happy.gif

hi jappooh
congrats! i am into my lst 2 weeks of 1st trimester. still MS a lot. vomit everyday. i still bleeding everyday. so sian

Jappoooh
yeah lor having he same gender they have a play mate le...
happy.gif
good...

Koli
you take care yeah.. as long as bb is healthy...bear with it hor....

etelle
thanks! but my prg notso good. still bleeding a lot. waiting for report to be out. dr peter chew just did a test on tue to find out the cause of the bleeding. haiz... dunni how long more to go. so tiring

Hi Summer,
yes elvin is my boy. Ya he going to have a playmate.
happy.gif

Etelle,
ya i am gald as well. Just that now dunno wan to send elvin to cc or get a maid when bb arrive. My MIL cant decide yet.. Let her choose cos she will be the one facing the maid most of the time.

As for cc i worry elvin dun eat well and cry loh cos he is super sticky.

Koli,
do take care and rest well. Though i am in my wk 20 already but my MS still with me.

Jappooh
some people MS the whole of pregnancy one...take it easy...baby is blessing...i know u dun mind gng through it all...
happy.gif

I am sending Ethan to PG next year le..think have to train him to be without me for a couple of hours....dun know if he will cry but i sure know i will...

Koli
dun worrie 2 much k...see what gynae says...

Etelle

Why u wanna cry when he goes to school? It's part of growing up lor. Hahah, I know I didn't. In fact I was very happy when I sent C to school.
happy.gif
Even when he cries for 2 weeks there, I still feel ok. Gosh, am I a hard hearted mommy? Guess I believe in being tough, that it's all for his good. If I'm not strong enough for him, he'll think that school is a prison instead of a place of fun.

Since you're sending Ethan to school next year, u can start preparing him this year by doing pretend school. Act as a teacher and he is a student etc. Then by the time he goes school next year, he'll be more ready and won't cry as much.

Koli
PG is playgroup...yeah lor he has never left my side and be in the care of unfamiliar faces before...first time...haha heart pain ah...

Mashy
i also feel i should be tougher...haha but hor cannot control one le..sometimes tears run down before i could have a grip le..haha i got start preparing him le..i keep telling him when he go school he be inside with teachers and friends and mummy and daddy cannot go in. Then teacher will tell story, play games, draw with him. Then after that mummy will come and pick him le.

When i asked him are you scared or will you cry. he said no. hee think Ethan shd be able to cope well...cuz he likes to play with other children. Let's hope so.

Etelle

I think I'm the kind if my boy cries, I will toughen up. It's only if he first steps into school and waves goodbye to me, I think then I'll probably cry coz my boy has finally grown up and is 'leaving' me. Hahaha.

Etelle,
Don't think so negative, our kids are tougher than we think. My boy cry 1st 2 days, never cry le. Now, just run in, got no time to say bye bye to me. Esp boys, we must be tougher with them. We are paying money for them to play, not suffer. Probably, if you think like that, you will feel better. I know how you feel, i was teary when he go to sch but my boy actually run in happily, I know my worries and tears were uncalled for. We have to control our feelings le.....

Koli,
Congrats! must take more bedrest with your spotting.

Jappooh,
Congrats, 2 boys, huh? hehehe...can save money on lots of things.

etelle
dun wory heart pain but when he settle down u sure happy
happy.gif
put his fav snack in his bag so he wun cry so much. i stopped n since hfmd now he so lazy, talk abt sch haven go already cry ah.. now i not heart pain i headache.

jas
thanks! very xin ku but i will persevere. prob going bk to teach next jun. bo bian expense high budget tight

Hi Etelle,
i was thinking of sending Elvin to childcare and worries he cry and dun eat well also. I also cry when think of it. On the other hand i tell myself it a phase for him loh. I hope i will not be so heartpain loh.

Jasmine,
ya having 2 boys. Ya alot of things dun have to buy..Hee

Hi,

I've a pair of tickets to the show "The Rainbow Fish"

Date: 20 Sep (Sat)
Time: 11am
Venue: Alliance Francaise Theatre
Duration: 55min
No. of tickets: $2
Standard price: $19 excluding $2 booking fee
Selling price: $36.20 including $2 booking fee (got it at a discount using OCBC card)
Seating: First row at the side

* Suitable for 2 yrs and abv

I've to give up because I've something on on that day.

More info http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?dt.isPortletRequest=true&dt.action=process&dt.provider=PortletWindowProcessChannel&dt.windowProvider.targetPortletChannel=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar/Event&dt.containerName=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar&dt.windowProvider.currentChannelMode=VIEW&dt.window.portletAction=RENDER&contentCode=rainbow0908

Let me know if you're interested. Free postage (including sistic receipt)

jappooh, 2 boys is a mess hahahaha but by the time yr no 2 out, elvin is older and probably more understanding. mayb is easier ...

koli, congrats.. take care
happy.gif

mashy, how r u recuperating since the accident? (sorry.. been very busy. now then ask :p)

summer, you just back from HK? how's the holiday? i am gg HK next week w hb and 2 kids... anything i need to take note of :p any tips haha

etelle, thk you dun really need to prepare ethan cos ethan seems ok to play w kids and rather independent haha but more of u prepare yourself else wait ethan see u cry, he also cry or what :p

bulma

thanks! I'm fine. Can walk, can talk, can eat. Can also get upset over why the govt missed out on the SAHMs this year again. Haahahah.

Back