(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

babycutie
ya my bb also on the big side then gyn say may nd to c-sec or induce bb earlier cos i small build then it's dificult for me to deliver big bb

pardon me, i dunno how to pronounce Darius lei

ivory
lk wat babycutie say, coy will not grieve if anything happen to u and bb, e most they only get a replacement. so u must decide yrself lor....

ivory,
my advise is if yr job is too strenous, quit your job before you deliver then after two or three months if you feel bored then find another job.. i m in retail before i quit my job and stayed at home.. i understand your feeling.. it s a dilemma, but dun jeopordised your health becoz of work not worth it..
one more thing, if you are updating the list.. it s confirmed i m having a girl.. thanks for the effort put into the list..

i went metro paragon just now and saw a wooden baby cot at $99.. includes mattress (but dun look that comfy)and a pretty mosquito net (in white).. do you girls think it s worth it??

babycutie

some of the gals have seen me. U ask them lor. But well, my hb is on the big side, so maybe take after his genes. :p Darius sounds nice. But hor, think his friends/teachers may call him 'Dare-rius' instead of 'Day-rius' as in Daniel.

ivory
ai yoh, u be careful leh. It's dangerous to do that leh. Maybe better for u to quit than regret later. You said if she fall how to account to her family. But what if u fall? (touch wood!) U think she'll account to your family? At most just a 'sorry'.

feza
that's cheap. But look at the size. Std cot size is 52" by 28". So if it's those mini cots, not worth it. Coz those are cots that hotels use for guests who requests for cots. i.e. not meant for them to sleep in it long term. Also, check the bed frame that it's sturdy if not no point. Some cots' material is made from lousy wood.

babycutie,

mashy small sized la..like me.. she ballooned only during preggy.. can t vouch for her hb though.. never see him before.. hahaha..

mashy,

maybe i will go down metro causeway to check the size and sturdiness of the bedframe.. like that must bring measuring tape hor..

one more thing does anyone has an inventory list of the basic items we need to buy..coz i dun have any hand me downs.. so need to start from stratch..

Ivory,

Just curious, how long you work at the shop? If you work long time already, your boss should have more considerate and not make you carry heavy stuff up and down. You know, with a 'ball' in front, our balancing not very good leh. Maybe some organising work can be done so that the stuff can be placed below?

Feza
I got many inventory lists, from different sources.
Like today, I went to Baby Hypermart, they gave me 1. My friend also gave me 1. My sis gave me 1...

So far, I find the list from my friend is the best, cos got comments n comparison between diff friends, plus qty to buy.

I am going to send Etelle a copy tomorrow. I can send to u also if u want.

Ivory
Aiyo, u take care ah... maybe is good to quit earlier if u really feel tired n strain. But try not to stay at home n hu si ruan xiang ah... go walk, exercise n window shopping will be good for your delivery.

Bulma,
I think exercises help me alot leh. I can feel a little heavier now. But engery level still high ah.
Haha, I am going to promote my TCM pu yao again, I think it helps also.

Hi Siewlng
can I have the inventory list as well?
Really wonder wat to buy? Went shopping to look at baby stuffs, it seemed like alot and endless list

Ivory,
I also agree with girls. Try not carry
too heavy stuff. I had a gf who was 7mths pregnant. She went to lift a box of some old
stuffs in the storeroom. And the next thing she knew, she was bleeding and she lost her child while on her way to hospital. It was terrible. That's why she kept on reminding me not 2 carry too heavy stuff no matter wat.

yeah siewlng remember to send me hee hee definitely gonna be helpful.

Oscar
that serious ah ...heavy stuff like??? How heavy is heavy? 7 mths also can lost a child ah....very sad hor.

Anyway i had a great day today celebrating hubby birthday. Went seah street deli (raffles hotel) for dinner, then went coffee club to savour the fondue and chill for a while. Also shoped for a new bra and hubby bought some stuff for himself hee hee
happy.gif
Time well spent.

By the way while trying on the bra i realised that pregnant size growth is different from normal woman's breast growth. I tried on so many size and the length just doesn't fit in the end i still have to wear bra extension. But i bought a bra width longer cup size still the same...terrible leh ha ha to buy bra...hee hee so difficult...then the marks and spencer i tried the bandeau bra wow even more humongous i felt so small inside the big bra ha ha ha

Ivory
mai play play ah. Do within your limits leh. Baby more important. Job we can find again
happy.gif
Dun endanger urself k.....by the way ur boss is willing to give u 2 mths paid maternity?? or do u dun have that benefit as well?

Etelle,

how heavy is heavy? I also not sure.
She told me she was trying to lift her old box of old stuffs to the top of the shelf after taking what she wanted (as she used 2 do so when she was not pregnant).The next thing she knew, she was in pain. As she stepped down from the stool, she felt she was bleeding.
It's kinda of cruel for her. She took quite some time to get over it. Now she is happy with a girl and a boy. But she took that experience as a lesson to remind her and her pregnant friends never assume the weight of an object or item. If it is heavy, skip.. if not, regret and gulity u will face.

Ivory
by the way, tot maternity leave is 12 weeks, why your boss only give your 2 months?

Siewlng
i also want the bb inventory listing. thanks =p

feza
i saw that cot also at metro tampines last weekend but i fl that it is not sturdy enuf and it's quite small yeh

etelle
sounds like u guys had a really wonderful time
happy.gif
This time next yr will be 3 of u celebrating liao!

Siewlng
could u send me the inventory listing too? Thanks
happy.gif

Morning Gals ...!

I guess when we preg ladies carry stuff, we also got to be careful about our posture when lifting up the article. We got to bend our knees and not bend our back forward as this will put enormous strain on our tummy and back. Anyway, just dun carry things that are too heavy. I am also very scared whenever my son asks me to bao bao. He is abt 14+kg... very heavy sia.

Talking about inventory list.. wow. I also have a copy for my 1st preg, but since SiewIng has a copy too, I guess hers should be quite updated.
happy.gif

OHyes, next time after u gals deliver, must remember to boil this soup to drink: Papaya, fish/pork, red dates. This combination actually helps to increase breast milk.... really! Alot of my frens including myself drink this. And it's also recommended in a few books on Chinese foods for confinement.

So fast, I am coming to 22wks and seeing my girl again next week. Was just thinking, I am only halfway there... hiazzz....

<font color="ff0000">Etelle</font>

I used to wear M&amp;S bandeau bra before pregnancy and guess what, my mum always say, aiyo.. how come u are so flat ah??? Then I realised I was wearing the bandeau bra. Somehow, this bra dun have much wire and it is just like a cloth infront, covering the breasts, so make our chest area quite unshapely. Hehehehh.

But now. I find my breasts are so big and they are awful, I start wearing my bandeau bra again to make them look smaller. :p

Good morning everyone,
went swimming on sun, feels good, skin a bit tan now, but after that I feel so sleepy. :p

Ivory,
think your hb heartpain you working in such condition, maybe have to consider to change job later. Better to take care of yourself and bb.
happy.gif

Siewlng
i also want the bb inventory listing. thanks
happy.gif

mashy
were u the one who say robinson has the bb cot that can convert to bed type? can give me the brand and the price again?

Hi ladies
So sorry, was caught up with works, yesterday on leave, so many to catch up.
Here is the list... In fact, it has 2 parts, 1 for bb, 1 for mummy<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
inventory list
Book1.xls (36.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi girls,
For Nappy rash, other than the Desitin cream, some of u may like to use nursery powder which I have been using since my girl is born. She has no problem with all brands of diapers. So far let her try pampers, fitti, huggies, petpet, mamy poko, sealers. She can take all brands.

This powder can be bought from Chinese Medical Hall. U can ask for Seng Long powder.

Thanks, siewlng.

Gals,

Just to check huh. Is he bao dan ok for us to eat? U know the sunny side-up kind of egg? I know raw eggs or half boiled eggs must avoid.

Hi vonvon
think he bao dan betetr dun eat leh as long as it is not totally cooked dun eat lah dun want to risk it. For me lah ha ha but some mummies to be eat all kinds of eggs one ha ha ha :p

He bao dan can eat but at the egg white only cuz the yolk is not fully cooked mah.....nasi lemak can eat with those other kind of egg yellow one...

von,
I only eat the yolk if the sunny side up is fully cooked. If not, I only take the white..

But hor, I ate Ah Kun half boil eggs a few times liao woh.....kekekekeke..... contradicting hor....

Think once is a while should be alright lah....

Last yr when I had my girl, i even eat sashimi....hahahahah.....luckily nothing happens...only eat once

ha ha bbcutie
ah kun one is not completely cooked how can...bad bad bad....once in a while also betetr dun cuz they said within the egg got what bacteria not good leh dun lah!!! We wun want to regret when things happen right?

Girls,
I bought bbcot from yahoo auction when I am expecting my girl. It can be converted into toddler bed. Get it at around $150. It is so much cheaper. For those who have tight budget.

And hor, get 2nd hand bedsheet and quilt at $35 for 2 sets.... really worth the buy without splurging too much lor.... As for pillow and bolstercase I buy new ones for my girl...

bbcutie
actually saving can go a long way hor instead of everything new right but for me for the first baby should be everything new lah ha ha maybe 2nd one then wear hand me downs or what hee hee
happy.gif

Hi gals
You are welcome! I am paiseh liao lah! I jus got the list from my friend n turn-over to u only lah! Hehe!

Babycutie
I am planning to buy new breast pump from Auction also... my friend so heng tat time, got hers (new) at $40 leh...bcos ppl got 2nd set as a gift

Mashy
BTW, I have checked with Feza, Taka sales is on now till 23 Oct leh... (Feza, did I remember correctly? My memory nowadays limited cap ah)

Ah May
I went swimming yesterday also... so crowded even on weekday afternoon... but managed to swim 9 laps lah... became too alert, at night didn't sleep well...hehe... my skin oredi tanned, so cannot tell the diff.

Etelle

If you are planning more than 1, then you should invest in things like cot, stroller, breast pump as you can pass down. Other things like clothings, shoes, etc, its good to buy some and wear hand me downs as the kids grow very fast, sometimes they wear less that 10 times then cannot wear already, very heartpain.

Etelle,
Luckily I bought 2nd hand cot and sheets. Because after around 5 months. My girl gets cranky at night during sleep and wakes up every few hours so we had to change to sarong for her to sleep. Ended up we dismantle the cot and keep in the storeroom. What a waste.

So this time round, I can take out and use again. But dunno how long will that be. And I still have the sarong for standby just in case.

If u plan to have more than 1 kid, then u can invest on new ones.

I agree with jasminesyn regarding the clothings. Don't buy the exact size. Buy bigger size because they outgrow very fast.

siewing,
I also buy a new breast pump from auction at $95. Its Medela mini electric pump. And u know ended up I did not use because no milk.... Hopefully I have more milk this time round otherwise it would be a waste again.....hahahha.... Will sell out if really no usage after birth.

siewlng
how come crowded on a weekday afternoon cannot be what ha ha where did you go to siwm? 9 laps ah...dunno why for me ah cannot even fulfill one lap leh ha ha :p i cna lah but swim half way only hee hee :p maybe i too shy and then i not using goggles then ah i scared contact lens come out so try to swim afloat with breast stroke wow tedious man hee hee :p anyway....gng for my gynae visit tomorrow
happy.gif
update u girls when i'm back in the meanwhile enjoy chatting without me
happy.gif

Back