(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

koli
wah, i get cold feet when i see your post on the coin in N's mouth. Tiff swallowed one when she was about 9MO. It was a nightmare. Now i see coins i very phobic. She is banned by everyone from touching any coins now.
I am also getting domestic help during Sat to do housework coz i have no energy and dun like doing housework. One child is still manageable w/o maid.. you sure can do it and it's really satisfying tending to your own kid.

koli

i got a part time maid to help clean the house and iron the clothes once a week. If u need, u can get twice a week too.

I think it's too tiring to handle housework and take care of a toddler and cook. Very siong.

Vs

U very cruel to your hb leh. hahaa. U don't want maid and get your hb to do the housework? Ai yoh! No wonder he wants a maid, coz he's the one doing it mah. U go and get part time maid to clean the place lah.

I also don't like to do housework, so got a part time maid. She fractured her thumb and still came to do. ai yoh!

ask u gals hor. can we use wooden doors for toilets?

I'm intending to change all the doors coz of my boy (again!)

We're 2 options:
1) Change to wooden door (then can shut like bedroom doors when not in use)
2) Change to Bifold door (will need to install childproof locks but don't know which type to get, my current bifold doors can't be locked from outside at all)

Any ideas? I've seen the condo units with wooden doors for toilets, but not sure whether are these specially treated to prevent it from getting mouldy...

Mashy,Vs and Jas
was thinking along that line too. getting a part time domestic helper.
better than having a maid. everytime i come home from work, so tired and need to listen to my mum and sis grumbling about maid, i also headache.
at least i am better than my sis. she super lazy ah. worried for my mum cos if my sis dun do housework, my mum got to do. i cant do for them cos i have my own place to do also.

was thinking of this kinda schedule.
wake up - cook
feed N, bathe and change
N go for playgroup
rush home do housework(plan which part to clean per day so by 1 week can finish the whole house)
fetch N
go supermarket do marketing
come back, N nap, prepare dinner
bathe him,reading and ZZZ
super idealistic plan! ha ha

summer
swallow one liao how? i worried choke ah so i gave her a VERY STERN and GOOD scolding. my parents got to cool me down. i told her if anything happened to N, i will KILL her with no regrets! lost N i will go bersek!
then went home, talked to hubby then i cried. he was mad too. (cos of that, he agreed to give me allowance for 6 months while i take care of N. hee hee)Ying huo de fu

amanda

now using the HDB bifold doors. He kept going into the toilet and putting his hands into the toilet bowl. sigh. SO have to close it up.

mashy
mine also wooden doors. as long as you keep it dry it's ok. my shower area we partition it so only that area wet.

mashy: oh icic... hmmm xr also like to go into the toilet but if i am inside then she will do tat.... but i still close the door up... scarli later she just ran in and knock herself....

Mashy
my door is those bi-fold ones that government do for us one le...cannot lock from outside one also.....then main bedroom i use sliding doors

i dat x itchy bkside... go and change my wodden door to bi-fold... now sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo regret

Mashy, already agreed with hubby cos before marrage i never touch housework so he must accept me as i m lor. but now i also try to do abit..u r rite lah..he said the maid will solve his problem but who knows? maybe maid gives more problem leh?
giselle swollowed $1 coin before too..my nephew dumped inside the playpen and she tot it's mum mum lor..lucky my sis saw her chewing something and dug it out..so dirty..i also got phobia now

my flat comes with wooden door one... then i itchy bkside go and change... now bi-fold door cant lock fr outside so jarren keep walk in and out of bathroom lor

bulma
walk in and out ah quite dangerous ah....ethan will not walk in unless we tell him shower time and we walk in together le..other than that he doesn't find toilet interesting hee :p

bulma/mashy
norm for babies to explore the place. as long as they din do anything dangerous it's ok. the more things they explore and get familiarise with their living surrounding, the happier they will be. will develop a sense of attachment. no worries leh. close the toilet cover,hang the shower head high up,put the toiletries so that bb cant reach, don't fill the pails with water, have anti slip pads on the floor, toilet can be a fun place.

Mummies, just a reminder for those mummies who have not vote. Please cast your vote to me soon ya..... Closing date is tomorrow at 1145pm...
happy.gif

koli

my toilets are filled with dangerous liquids like dettol, washing detergent etc. sigh. so have to close the doors lor.

and just bought the locks to lock up the toilet cover. he was lifting it up the other day.

well, fun for him, not for me coz i've to keep chasing after him and watching him.

Mashy
I put detergent stuff in cabinet under my kitchen sink. N I lock tat cabinet with detachable lock. My house got quite a no. of them hehe! YJ also itch hand lah.

Heng for me, the ex-owner shifted the kitchen toilet door to the utility room (where I hang my clothes). N I put a gate to block tat area.

For bedroom toilet, I leave the door open, keep area dry, close the toilet bowl cover. N we seldom stay in tat room. So YJ seldom go to tat room to explore tat toilet. I leave the door open, cos i think tis will not arrouse YJ curiousity loh... haha!

But if she is in, I will "jiang dao li" with her... haha! Like ask her, "r u having bath? wash backside? brush teeth? wash hands?" Then she will shake her head, n I lead her out... n divert her attention with other stuff. Then she will forget the toilet...

hmm sometimes, in the process of asking her, she think I bery fan, so she brush me away n walk out of the toilet... haha!

(actually hor, YJ anything also shake had one lah! Haha! Ask her hungry or not? She will shake head even she is hungry...)

stella,
i think FK is like ethan lor, he will not go in if we are not inside. Used to always wanna go in but now ok le, told him cannot.

When my gal brushes her teeth sometimes he will stand outside to see
happy.gif
very cute. Maybe he is wondering when he will be brushing by himself.

violet/etelle: hehe same here for Xinru leh... unless i m inside then she will go in.. if not she also not interested... hehe

siewlng: haha... u so funny la.. the way u jiang dao li w YJ... :p

koli - sorry i didnt follow closely but hw old is N when u taking npl?

IF i'm sahm, i'll prob send my kid off to PG when they are 2y or older
cos by then they can verbalise better ma... then can tell u in case anything happen in sch...
anyway, my pt is dun need to send first. see if u can cope with N at home alone. when he sleep can do hsework can cook at the same time ba?... if cannot then send lo... but then once he exposed to other kids, most of the times he'll fall sick quite often initially one...

hey.. btw ur hb also in army? which camp/unit huh? mine also lei...
happy.gif

ya, so funny when YJ brushed you aside. Your strategy work, maybe next time i should use that on Tiff too.

Mummies, do you have the no. for Avent office? I want to send my steam sterilizer for servicing, it's not sterilizing well.

i pm u last nite leh..nmind i msn u my vote ok
bochap..yujie can understand ur daoli or not? she thought you singing song lah..

so happy finally fri liao.

amanda
maybe forum choked up
happy.gif
anyway, if never receive by today, let me know i sms to you la!

Last 2 days my mum keep calling and ask hb n i to talk to xr and teach her how to talk. Initially I wasnt too worried abt her progress, but after they keep calling, I also getting gan cheong. keep wondering when she will start to speak. Now the most consistent thing is wow-wow. But very heartwarming thing is on tues my sis n i were teaching her to kiss with the muah sound, then wednesday, ask her to kiss daddy, she really kiss him on the cheek plus sound effect, and has been doing it since then. But then sometimes ask her to kiss she'll push us away also...sigh...

She is a real toilet lover, if she's crying, just need to bring her to the toilet, look in the mirror and the toiletries, she'll be happy already. After she fell in my mum's toilet, I've been paranoid abt letting her in any toilets, so everytime she goes near the door and wants to touch, we'll be very fierce then she'll withdraw, but then after a minute or so, she'll reach out again. Problem is our toilet door also cannot lock from outside, it's a swing door, so at night i do worry she'll wake up and just walk in. There's a step too, so if she doesnt notice, ouch! At night all the lights are off, otherwise she can't get to sleep. The least bit of light, she'll be up and want to walk around liao.

Claire: hehe i tink u sms me la... hehe
happy.gif

so cute la u... say xr is toilet lover... hehe so funny... hehe....
dun worry la... they will talk when they wan to... if till now they still one sound also dun have then i tink might need to worrya little lor.... cause bb develop very differently one... today they dun talk sikali tomolo they talk reason w u... haha.... :p

Thanks Jas, i called the no. you provided and was redirected. Here's the details for mummies who may be keen to note down:

Tel: 6882 4570
Add: 620A Lor 1 Toa Payoh, TP4 Building
Level 1 Showroom (@ Philips Electronics)

For item beyond repair, Avent will extend a 20% discount to purchase a new set. Tried to bargain for more but failed, haha!

Oh ya Amanda, forget to thank you for the nice frames and messages for the contest. It was nicely done, added a warm touch to the pics.

amanda
yar, true
happy.gif
my niece didnt talk til 2 yrs+. Got everyone all worried, but now she talks and talks and like you say, can reason. but she'l big already, next yr pri 1. Actually, my uncle said she started to talk after she joined playgroup coz she needed to communicate. mum just called again, and said that it's bcoz my girl lazy to talk, so must 'por' her more. xr is typical baby lah, applaud her, praise her, she super happy and yang yang de yi.

summer: hehe dun mention....
happy.gif

tonight if xr guai guai sleep at her normal time then i go and do 'Participation Certificate' for u all... haha... :p

claire: in tat case then talk more to her lor... encourage her and give her more support... haha who knows she might talk next month.. and is those non stop talkin... hehe...

<font color="ff0000">Claire</font>
Actually I am also like you, a little worried that Annika is not talking yet. Then I suddenly remembered, Gareth also didnt talk much till he started childcare, which was after 2YO. After that, he picked up really fast, and could speak very well. Now we really have to ask him to shut up, cos he can be so long-winded, saying or asking the same questions over and over again! Last time, I was so paranoid about Gareth that I almost wanted to send him to a speech therapist. Now I think back, I feel a little stupid. Hahah..

claire

yah, don't worry. my boy can't talk either. he's still going bababa....yayaya..... nothing comprehensible. They eventually will start talking. ANd when that time comes, u might want to shut them up lor. hahaha.

Walking and talking early doesn't not mean they'll be smart or successful in future. Take my 2 cousins for instance. The elder one started walking at 10mths, talked very well at 1yr, (could still remember him uttering persimmons at the age of 1.5yrs), the younger one walked late, talk very late (or rather hardly spoke until much later). Now after so many years, the older one barely made it to poly. The younger one got straight As (including a few distinctions for S Papers). And how they'll end up later in life, who knows? The older one may end up surpassing the younger one eventually or he may not.

The 2 kids are close to their parents even at this age. What's important is that we encourage, love and support our children no matter their achievements (or failures). Character building is more important.

Etelle!
U are such a good mummy to Ethan, to think that this is the first time he is sick. Annika dun know sick how many times liao.

U just have to make sure he gets his medicine on time, lotsa rest, no going out over the weekends, and lotsa TLC!! You take care too, since u are preggie.

Etelle

Wah, that's a miracle i must say. First time sick! That's something that i've never heard of! My boy has been sick so many times until i cannot count already.

It's good for him to fall sick once a while now lah. Can build up his immune system to prepare him for school in future. Else he'll fall sick very often next time when he goes school.

You take care too while he's sick. Maybe u can try the Vicks remedy that pp has been circulating. Heard it works.

etelle
now the flu season lah.. you take care also.

siewlng
ahhaha.. you jia tao li with yh ah.. yh very smart leh.. ahhaha... knows how to da fa ni when you begin to "lecture" her..
for me, i just closed the door. if i happened to leave it open and r wants to go in, i will say careful ah.. fall down pain pain.... cos he nearly slip and fell once. most of the time he is only interested in the toilet cos he likes to poong poong.

koli
wa.. u going to do without a maid or helper ah? for me, i feel that doing housework and taking care of kids full time very shiong leh.. may b cos i lazy by nature. ahhaha

Bulomum
U back in SG liao ah?
YJ also like bong bong so she like to go toilet loh... haha!
my toilet door also cannot lock from outside also bi folded loh

siewlng
boh lah. i still at nz. you miss me a not. hehehe.. I will be back this sun, late evening
you workign late today ah? or you on leave at home? if cant lock the door. and dont intend to change, can try tying a string to the knob or something then tie to some heavy stuff nearby leh.

yeah yeah - flu. having it and MC at home now -_-
u mommies take care too...

oh ya koli - pm u too. forgot to add. hsework can get PT helper la... like that can lessen load lo

Back