(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

hi all,
recipe for soya milk agar agar i saw in magazine,tot can share w all mummies (i haven't tried it,if u try,let me know good or not
happy.gif

150g sugar
1/2 packet agar agar powder
2.5L soy milk
1.5L water
1) add water, sugar & stir in agar agar powder. bring to boil or till ingredients dissoved.
2) remove pot from stove, add soymilk & stir till evenly blended
3) pour mixture into glasses & chill till sets
~ you can add sliced fruits (strawberry, kiwifruits, banana or peach) into the dessert before chilling

jas,
So, she is not really taking much solids for lunch/dinner? Have you tried rice with soup n some chewable dishes? My boy confirmed dun like porridge, he will keep the porridge in his mouth. If you give him rice with yummy dishes, he straight away gobble down and ask for more leh! think have to keep trying to find the right food for our bbs, cham hor?

Anyone knows whether our toddlers can eat dried jap seaweed or not?

Jsim,
ya, i have 2 boys. they now run and climb so much very difficult to look after them. if no maid to help out, how to cook. think I will use microwave meal without maid everyday..hahaha

Seaweed,
i give this to my boys, not alot, cause of high sodium content. but the type to make soup is good, cuase got every good mineral contect such as calcium and potassium.
happy.gif

disneymickey,
if give agar have to watch out you give small small piece. danger in choking if too big and child try to swallow, so far i let my boys try almond jelly before, Sam likes, ray hates it, will spit out immediately.

mashy,
the broncoli must be fully cooked before giving ds, cause dunno read where half cook broncoli has poison or so. not suitable for troddlers consumption. hb and me like to eat half cook broncoli last time. :p

mashy,
Thanks for the delicious recipes! hmm, a question to clarify....for the shepherd's pie recipe, the milk is fresh milk or his formula milk? sorry ah, ask silly question. I wanted to try to give him mashed potato, saw somewhere have to add milk and cheese but never specify what type of milk, is it fresh milk?

jasminesym,
She will eat rice, provided with fried fish, those w fragrant dishes lah..i find tat she become fussy eater liao..must have taste one lor..not plain plain type.

As for Jap seaweed hor, i oso feed her leh..she like to eat of "junk" food. But I didnt give her alot lah...afew pcs and "force" her to drink lotsa of water.

sunshinekid

very simple one lah. basically this is how i fry all the vege for him. just chop garlic finely. fry the garlic and the cauliflower/brocolli, then add water and cover to simmer. Once it's soft, i'll chop it to small bite sizes. When it's cooked, it's rather soft. Once it's cooled, i'll transfer to the ice tray.

may
is it? oh, didn't know. But usually i'll cook until it's soft, so i think should be ok bah.

jasmine
it's normal fresh milk. if u don't mind giving your kid pepper, u can add to the mashed potatoes. Very nice with that.

jsim
i do that when i'm making soup stock. :p I'll boil one big pot of soup stock.

jasmine
think it's too salty, so i've not fed my boy the seaweed before.

<font color="ff0000">Mashy</font>
Thanks. Sorry to ask real stupid questions, do u put oil to fry? And.. ur ice tray, did u buy those with cover/lids? I didnt join in the spree the last time.

sunshinekid

yah, i use olive oil.

re: ice trays
u can either use cling wrap to cover it or u can buy at daiso. It's $2 for 1 ice tray with cover.
i bought one at daiso, so that my primary ice tray. if not enough then i'll use normal ice tray and cover with cling wrap.

Mashy
fried veg also can sore in ice cube tray ah like those puree style we did when we freezing food for our babies right? then the lifespan for it le?

etelle

yes. i think it's 3 months. but i'll usually use it all up in 2 weeks. Even though it looks like they can't stick to each other coz so chunky, but when frozen, they just stick together in little cubes.

hey... jus checked the list and my co. doc at my office bldg provides this service! so good, can go book tmr le since i'm due for the check anyway
happy.gif

bear in mind that you still have to pay the consultation fees hor.

Previously i called up some clinics. There's some who just charged for the test for $23 without consultation fees. There's some who charge $30 and on top of that still have to pay consultation fees of > $30.

may,

ya i can imagine two kids ard. will not be able to do much unless there is help. already with one kid already so difficult to do stuff liao.

mashy,

ya lor. much easier and hubby and i can also drink as well. save a bit of trouble

i checked a few clinics and some consultation fee is only $15 in SK, some charges $30- $40 alone for pap smear... so it's still a little savings. Cheaper than going to a gynae and more convenient than going to the polyclinics
happy.gif

sunshinekids
pm can see not?
violet
i see sunshinekids can see first not then pm to u ok?
may
i am not very keen in putting him in any centres yet.
firstly, his immune system not strong, easily fall sick. i dun want him to go thru this. i get heartache everytime i see him sick.
secondly, my sis going to get married soon and she wants to give birth immediately after married. my mum wil have to help her too to be fair to her.
thirdly, since we are teachers,i find that i want to make use of what i have learnt as well as all the courses i have attended so far to teach him lor. read article about 1 to 1 interaction, quite beneficial.
my boy cant sit still, centre will have a hard time taking care of him. dun want him to fall down so often too.
moreover, i am saving up. if i can reach 20k saving this year then i can afford to try out for 6 months.
i thought 1 year leave will get transferred to another school?

Koli
Actually I signed up for Friendster yest, so I managed to see your pictures liao. Wow weet, hot babe leh.

Erm, pap smear is only a little bit painful lah. I find it still bearable. But I have a colleague who is soooooo scared of anyone touching her down there, so feared the Pap smear so much. And, she didnt have sex with her hb for 3 yrs after her girl was born, cos she finds it so painful. Phychologically lor.

koli,
painful but still hv to do leh
sad.gif

But I heard fm my frens who did it they say if the doc is 'skillful' or more gentle then not so painful lor.

no prob on the pic, u tested ok liao then I see next lor
happy.gif

LY,
after FK i oso find sex painful but after menses resumed it's ok liao lor. Dunno whether it's due to hormone changes.

sunshinekids
that was the past leh. i seriously put on a lot of weight. hee hee MENSES here liao. happy leh... going back for my gym workout liao. told my hubby, back to 49kg is impossible but will substain at 52kg max.meaning this few months must lose 6kg leh

hee hee sex is a pleasurable process leh... yeah maybe she really psycological pain.

violet
my gynae is Peter Chew leh. old man liao. damned painful. so scare to do pap smear.

violet
pm ur email, i sent photo to u. sunshine kid cant receive cos i never click public leh. hubby quite particular about his face being exposed. hee mei lian jian ren

Koli
show us your picture now la..think put on weight wun affect the genral appearance one la..
happy.gif
u r still one hot babe...

koli
I also wanna see, can PM me the link?
actaully 6 months no pay leave they can transfer you to another sch liao. so for me i talk to P before gg on leave, they will hold on to me. :p
but depends, if the sch needs you, you take 1 year leave will still go bac.

koli
can pm me the link too? heard so much about u n noel
happy.gif

ah may
how long have u been teaching? I'm thinking of taking either 2/3 or 1/2 pay leave next yr but hb says if the workload is abt the same, then no point. Dun think we can sustain on single income. You're going back next yr?

pm your email lah i send to you.my hubby not shy lah but very sensitive of is face being expose leh. he is a no joke person in camp so he dun want people to know him leh. hee hee i not the same leh.feb mummy's thread are consider my friends liao so i share mah

violet
military style is quite tedious leh. got to rehearse then got to go through 6 rows of sword bearers to get tekan by them leh

wah koli, now you are the hot topic lei... haha! all the mummies here eager to see you! You still look good lah, not fat at all.

mashy,

sarah and elly is in the tanglin branch.. also ryan (MP's son) saturday 2.30 class.. tomorrow is sarah and elly's last lesson.. i m still considering whether to continue.. if i continue i think i will do a weekday class..

claire,
been teaching abt 7 years? i think haha.. 1/2 load thing not easy, since for my side, lesson is from 7.40am to 6pm one, so depends on what class you get and then can be like you work very shiong for 3 days, the other 2 days no lesson one. then my sch not very eager to try as hod worried abt the admistration and other possible problem.. haha I actually look for P and they consider then in the end i give up and take 1/2 year NPL. think in sec sch or pri easier to work out as the lesson time and time table not so complex.
I gg bac this year June lah.
happy.gif

koli,
you got mail. :p

amanda & koli

my wedding photos already sent to the store room to collect dust lor. Esp after having a kid. hahaha. not like both of u, still have soft copy
happy.gif

hey mashy, talking about photos.. i dun think i have seen yours before. Is it in Ringo or Friendster? Share share lei...

yah, sent to exile already. hahah.

sorry, really dunno where's the soft copy liao. My hb kept spring cleaning until dunno where it went to.

koli
pm u liao.

ah may
so what's the plan for your boys when you go back to work? JC is really a killer...I've friends who are music trs in jc and they teach late in the day but still have to report to school at the usual time. sianz.

Amanda
Let me go and search for the link to my wedding pics, then post.

Back