(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

Hey Mummies.... Mother's Day is comin soon... I am oragnising a Baby Contest just like last year.... Just a recap on the contest details.

Theme: Heartwarming Pic of Mummy & Baby

How to Participate:
1. Sumbit a pic of you and ur baby to me @ [email protected] by this Sunday, 6 May 2007.
2. All participation fes is $2, to be transfer to my account
*Please PM or email me for me account number*

Voting:
1. All mummies are entitle to 1 vote each.
2. Voting will start on Monday, 7 May 2007 till 12 May at 12mm.

Results / Prize:
1. Results will be out on 13 May at 12mn based on the number of votes.
2. The total participation fee will be the prize.
3. A certificate

Please email or PM me the transaction reference number upon sucessfully transfer.

Please take note that no transfer of $, the pic will not be taken into consideration.

Awaiting your participation....

koli: yeah yeah.. pls go and find k... hehe
cause was thinkin we should have something for MD in our forum... hehe
waitin for ur pic huh...
happy.gif

Jas
Aiya, jus tell us hehe! I jus order Nepia yesterday via Nepia HK... haha!

Hmm maybe I KS go NTUC stock up some more haha!

Nepia users
Do u realise more leakage recently? I wonder is it time for me to upgrade YJ to XL or smimply bcos she move too much liao? Or her butt getting bigger? hmm... it happens in day time leh. Tat evening she go my neighbour house n leak... so paiseh

just browse archive file for our past posts. look back at past posts as well as pixs, feel so touched and heartwarming. we all first time mothers asked a lot of funny, stupid questions, share woes as well as touching stories... haiz... suddenly got the mood to thank all of u for all the advices and care shared.
seriously, without u all, life for me as a mother will be a frightening one. Thank u all mummies in feb thread!

amanda
yesterday i asked my hubby to fetch me at the basement car park when i reached home at midnight, guess what? HE NOT ROMANTIC AT ALL LOR.
he said"huh? come up yourself lah. Seow ah, fetch u for what?"
sian liao....

koli: hehe what are frens for man... hehe
i also appreciate the ppl here for listenin and sharing the problems....
happy.gif

haha tat;s normal to me liao la... my hb always will quote me tat too... haha so i kind of numb le... hehe

koli,
jus tell him dun take the peace n safty in singapore for granted. It's alrdy so late and what if someone is lurking in a corner waiting for victims? This kind of things u nvr know mah.... wanna wait things happened alrdy then regret "aiya, how come u nvr ask me to go fetch u?"
Actually oso depends on where u stay la, if near kopi shop and place is still bz at mn then shd be ok la.... dun take it to heart ya?

Amanda,
usually i'm the photographer leh.... me hv few pics with FK leh....
sad.gif
dun think i can find a good pic to join....

Amanda,
I will also go and find pictures.. but my home PC's monitor went bonkers, so all the pictures look distorted, with fat face and small bodies, Hahah.

Koli,
Dun take Sg's safety for granted. Read in the papers recently that a man broke into some home's and raped afew Chinese women (China nationality) quite brutally. .. and it's done in the day!

Koli, how come suddenly u feel so nolstalgic ah.

dear sunshine and violet
my hubby is like that.nothing can change him. not romantic.
he told me that he marry me cos he knows i am independent and got my own life so he can have ease to work. hubby just got his own "hostel" in his camp. told me at times after fri mess function, he has to stay over. everyday hubby comes back after 11am leh.

no lar not nolstalgic, i am quite emotional one. no one to turn to to talk or chat, only forum friends. school colleagues will only compare their kids, feel even more stress when talking to them. that's y i find it fortunate to get to know so many of u lor

violet
i'm in same boat as you, usually I'm the one taking photos of bb n hb
happy.gif
But nvm, this wkend pass the camera to hb lah!

actually, think i'm pretty fortunate to have a hb who is ocncerned abt bb n my safety n wellbeing. Only thing is he's mad abt football n MJ, so when it comes to wkends, it's satu orang with bb while he watches footie at nite n plays MJ in the day
sad.gif
Sometimes feel quite sian coz when it's not exam period I already have so little time to spend with them, n yet when have time on wkends, he does other stuff.

violet: fast fast go and take la... hehe got time until tis sunday leh... hehe

sunshinekid: hehe go and find k... hehe
Noel's face is in the collage i tink... hehe then koli we saw her pretty face in friendster... she is a not babe leh... hehe...

disneymickey

yah, u can get the alphabet pasta from ntuc.

Shepherd's pie
1) Steam/boil potatoes until soft. Mix with milk & unsalted butter (i don't do that coz my boy's allergic to cow's milk).
2) Fry minced pork (u can try chicken/beef, my boy's allergic to chicken, so I usually use pork) with onions (pref yellow coz sweeter) in olive oil. If your kid likes green peas/ carrots, can also mix green peas & small carrot cubes into it. U may wanna steam the carrots first so that it's soft.
3) Mix the mashed potatoes with the meat & vege mix. If you want, u can bake the meat/vege with potatoes as topping in oven, but I'm usually too lazy to do it. I just mix and give to him.

The meat gives the salty taste and the potatoes/vege and onions give the sweet taste, so it makes the food rather tasty even without seasoning.

bulma

no choice lah, have to entice him to eat.

siewlng

i gave my boy crayola crayons to draw. Pasted a pc of paper with scotch tape onto his high chair and leave him to draw. Crayola is non-toxic, so eat also ok. When buying drawing materials, just look out for non-toxic ones. It's not advisable to use pencils coz it's quite sharp and they can poke their eyes with it.

ya amanda,
tat's wat i plan to do lor... try to take some pics with FK these few days lor, kekeke

koli,
yr hb is regular ar? I hear regular job is stressful and long hours, maybe he's tired lor.

Mashy, thanks for sharing the recipe here...i am so lazy to cook but no choice today cos sis sick again and i took leave to babysit giselle.

i will try to cook pasta this afternoon...very gan cheong..my hands are like foot when handling pot n pan..haiz

Vs

This is what i do to simplify things. I've been cooking food and storing them in ice cubes. Eg, I fry one big batch of cauliflower, after cutting them into smaller pieces, i store them in ice cube tray and freeze them. Once frozen, I'll transfer it to a ziplock bag. So whenever I need to use them, I just take the cubes and heat them up. So there could be fish cubes with mushroom and cauliflower cubes. Makes it very much easier when cooking. Coz when having to take care of a toddler, really no time to be chopping and cooking everyday. Taught by the Jan mommies.

For the pasta, I'll have 2 pots. One with boiling water which I will throw in the pasta. Another one, I'll heat a bit of olive oil with garlic, tomatoes, meat & vege (sometimes throw in gou qi zi to make it a little sweeter) and water/ stock. Once the pasta is done, i'll just drain the pasta and dump them in the 2nd pot.

To remove the skin of the tomatoes easily, I actually reuse the 1st pot. Before i throw in the pasta, I'll dump in the tomatoes for a while. Then I dish them up and put in cold water. The skin can be easily removed like this. Then I reuse the boiling water to cook the pasta.

this is one of the recipes from one of the Jan mommies. They've a lot of very good cooks there. I've to modify many of it to suit my boy though due to his many allergies.

Chicken alphabet soup
Cook the Alphabet pasta according to manufacturer recommendation without the salt and oil. In another pot, boil 3/4 pot of water with the bones of 1 chicken, 1 small piece of ginger and 3 cloves of garlic (there'll be enough soup for 2 adults and your baby here). For more taste, add 2 tsp soy beans and 2 tbsp of ikan bilis. (Alternatively, you can add some toasted ikan bilis powder I posted on SUnday). Boil for at least 30min or until the water level has reduced to 1/2 pot. Add in chicken breast or chicken thigh meat and boil until cooked. Remove from flame and shred the meat (you'll need to shred your baby's portion finer). Add baby's portion of vegetables in the soup and chop into fine pieces when cooked. Pour vegetable and soup into the bowl containing the pasta and serve when cooled. You can add salt and pepper to the remaining soup for yourself and your husband to eat.

Mashy
thanks for sharing the recipe will try that out for ethan. The sheperd's pie sounds deicious. May i ask the tmatoes which type should we use? big or small one? then the seeds have to remove?

wow,my girl has new food to eat this weekend.will make pie & pasta 4 her.MIL juz called,she's cooking stew beef w carrot,ask if my girl can eat,i dun need to bring food to cook.normally,i'll bring food & my own pot to boil soup when we visit on weekend.but hor,her cooking always v salty.think must tell her to scoop up b4 adding salt

etelle,
i put tomatoes in my girl's mee sua & porridge 2.i use normal size tomatoes & cut them into cubes.i do remove the seeds, but dunno if it's necessary?

<font color="ff0000">Mashy</font>
Thanks for the recipes. Sounds so yummy! You are such a good mummy, put me to shame, as I am seldom this adventurous in preparing my kids' meals. I "play safe" by cooking the routine ones, making only slight variations as I am afraid they don't eat and the foods will go to waste. :p Worse, then they will go hungry.

amanda/sunshinekids
that photo is taken ages ago. now i SERIOUSLY putting on lots of weight. will try to put in ringo once exam finish.
sunshinekids
give me ur email add, i sent u my yahoo album to view. hee but i put on about 9 kg after birth.

wah... a lot of recipes being shared. must try.

claire
consider good liao leh, i see my husband everyday at bed time, morning i leave home, he still sleeping. sat half day work then only sunday spend together whereby half a day he is sleeping then evening got to wait camp report to see whether all recruits booked in or not. at times, weekends got to rush back to work.
ur hubby loves football rather than he womanise right? mai hiam la.
violet
yeah, regular till 46 yo.

Hi there,

wow so much discussion going on. Me MIA for a while. Aunt's bdae lah, parents sick, bro sick, fil also not well thus no time to come in a check things out.

looking at the discussion, u all are comparing babies' wt ya. I think my princess on the chubby side. Just before she hit 14months, we went for the MMR jab and she weighs ard 10.4kg.

All along she has been on the big side. She was has her feed every 2 hours till she was ard 11month even though she has porridge then. Tell ppl she finished 1 tin of formula per week even when we mixed cereal in her milk, ppl tot we were joking.

COme to think of it, there was this funny incident. She called a girl whose mummy was carrying "Baby" when she saw the mummy carrying her. But later we realised that the girl was actually bigger than her and can respond to her mum's instructions just that her build is smaller than my gal. Hubby was laughing so hard then. Told my gal "u are the Baby, that is Jie jie lah" So funny.

Currently this is her timetable so called

7.30am - 240ml milk
9+am - A slice of Bread
10.30am - 1 bowl of Porridge
1pm - 240ml of milk
4pm- 1 bowl of Porridge
in Between , some biscuits and bread
7+pm - 240ml of milk and off to la la land

Sometimes i subsitute porridge with mee suan. At times i also boil soup for her to go with rice.

hey koli,

you are a teacher ah? Me too but now on no pay leave to look after little princess.

Jsim
yeah, teacher. going to take no pay next year...

ok sunshinekids
i try u see whether can view not.
amanda
sent liao

koli,

oic. me took mine this year. heng i take ah, this year is a mad year in sch. my collagues all msn me and complain. Hahaha

no prob gals

etelle
yes, i do remove the seeds coz i think they still can't digest it. So will poo out the seeds lor. U can use the bigger ones as it's easier to handle.

There's a saltless beef stew recipe from a jan mommy too. gotta search for it coz the link doesn't seem to work...

Some of the mummies use cheese in their pasta too. So u can try that.

mamachan's beef stew recipe

500g - 1kg (depends on how much beef you would like and the size of your slow cooker) of beef, cubed
3 - 4 medium sized potatoes, cubed
2 - 3 carrots, cubed
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 thumb-sized ginger
3 - 4 star anis
3 - 4 cloves
1 long stick of cinnamon
2 - 3 cups of water
optional:
bay leaves
Red cooking Wine
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to Taste)

In a slow cooker (set to Auto Mode), place the cubed carrots, followed by cubed potatoes, diced onion and lastly the cubed beef in as well as the spices (cloves, star anis, cinnamon, ginger), pour in the water (make sure DO NOT COVER all the ingredients but the carrots and potatoes will be enough). And you can cook in the morning and by dinner time, it'll be ready to serve. Just stir the contents to even out the ingredients *optional : add in 1 - 2 Bay leaves for that added fragrance 1/2 - 1 hour before serving.

If you're comfortable to add in a little salt for taste even for toddlers, do so, if not, just take out the portion for your toddlers. For me, I'll add in a little salt (about 1 flat teaspoon which is very minimal for the entire pot), stir evenly then serve.

Once babies' portion have been seperated, for the rest of the family, can add in some red cooking wine and further add salt to your taste and liking as well as some black pepper.

thanks mashy for the delicious recipe. I also want to try to use the ice cube method because it saves time. but hb against it long time ago, even porriage cannot be done 1 day earlier, boys have to take fresh stuff. so i can't do without a maid even not working. sian.

JSim,
keke, me teacher also, on no pay leave till june. my coll also said very siong this year because of syf and college function. when i go bac most activities over liao, i can enjoy life... :p
Koli,
so you start next year? but why? Noel will be more easy to care for and can go to CC next year? then you can still work.

oh Ah may,

we also share the same occupation ya. i took no pay this year as i cant find suitable help for my gal. Don;t believe in mil's ability based on how she took care of my niece and nephew. Anyway agreed way beforehand with hubby that we will not allow any side of the familt to look after our gal. Share the prob of comparing who had more or less time with gal.

my sch this year too many new initiatives till they are all complaining. Tatz why i say i heng lor. Hahaha

sunshinekid

i'm a lousy and a lazy cook lah. I also don't vary a lot of the main staple food, just the ingredients.

At least when cooking for hb, even though the food is awful, he will just make a face and swallow it up. But for my kid, he'll just spit into my face lor. Like today's lunch, think he's sick of cauliflowers ( i just cooked a big batch) and he spit out his lunch. I think it's alright if he doesn't eat for a meal or 2, so if he doesn't want, i'll send him packing.

Oh, when i fry the minced pork with onions, i;ll cook a big batch so that I can add to his porridge later. The porridge tastes really great with that. I also throw in a bit of mushrooms in the porridge and so far so good for that.

May
So jia lut. Somemore yours are twins. Not easy. I used to cook fresh everytime until I'm really tired and find that i'm living from meal to meal. I still cook porridge/pasta/mee sua fresh. I just store all the vege and meat in the freezer. It's like the frozen food that we get from supermarkets lor. Nutrients wise it still retains it. For vege, advisable to cook 3/4 cooked only, so that when you heat it up, it won't get overcooked. My hb now says that my boy lives on square meals. haha.

wow mashy,

you cook everyday for hubby ah? I think i am the lazy wife. I only cook everyday for my gal. Hubby can always tabao back. I just from time to time cook some vege, soup or pasta for the 2 of us.

may,

yours is a pair of twins ah? wow must be tiring leh. I have only one and i am half dead at times. hahaha

Jsim

no lah, now my stepmom is at home, she'll cook dinner. But if she's not at home, then i'll cook. But really can't cook when my boy is running ard. So can only pre-chop the food or make soup when he's sleeping and cook when my hb gets back.

mashy,

oic. ya quite difficult to cook when kids are ard. so in the end i will put my gal in her play pen and let her watch her favourite show - Elmo's world then i quickly go cook her stuff.

For soup i put in slow cooker. wake up very early to prepare the ingredients then all into the slow cooker. Then i will go back and zzz. By the time we both woke up, e soup will be ready. Sometimes lazy still, I also cook porridge overnight in slow cooker say ard 12am. I will do that esp when i know we will be going out the whole day the next day. That was the initial time when my gal just started on solids. Nowadays, she will just eat what we order outside.

Back