(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

disneymickey, this is something serious leh, longterm consumption will cause liver failure. must double confirm because alot of kids are taking Pediasure as supplement on longterm.

Disneymickey,
Is it really true? My son took Pediasure for at least 1 yr when he was younger. aFter that, i switched him to normal milk powder as I felt he was eating better. I have many frens still feeding their kids Pediasure leh.. think at least 2 yrs liao.

Heee.. having accurate mensus is a real blessing. I can exactly pinpoint which day it will come. Sometimes I am really amazed at my own body system, thinking.. wah.. really so "zhun". And I will have those sticky discharge on the 9th-11th day after my 1st day of mensus, quite without fail. This is the so called fertile period i guess.

Vs,
Like you, I also cannot stop working lah, but, I am not career minded! I just needed to have my own income, to satisfy my own spending. Besides, it's such a waste to forgive our jobs when we have studied so much right?

PediaSure:
The PediaSure in US, is different from what SG is selling. See this, that's why US parents were told on damage to liver http://www.pediasure.com/pedia_ben.aspx
<font color="0000ff">Not for children with Galactosemia.</font>

Galactosemia is a hereditary disease that is caused by the lack of a liver enzyme required to digest galactose. Galactose is a breakdown product of lactose, which is most commonly found in milk products. Since galactose cannot be broken down, it builds up in the cells and becomes toxic. The body then produces abnormal chemicals, which causes the symptoms seen in infants with untreated galactosemia.

<font color="ff0000">Signs and Symptoms</font>
Galactosemia usually causes no symptoms at birth, but jaundice, diarrhea, and vomiting soon develop and the baby fails to gain weight. If not detected immediately, it results in liver disease, cataracts, mental retardation, and even death. Death can occur as early as one to two weeks of age from severe escherichia (E. coli) bacteria infections. E. coli infections are common in untreated galactosemic infants. The American Liver Foundation recommends that all infants who develop jaundice be considered for galactosemia.

But I will check with PD again on this, cos I wana to start my gal on Pediasure oso. Very upset by her weight now.

wah disneymickey, seems like this fact is not made known. Liver failure is so serious!

Sunshinekid
Wow, your cycle so accurate ah... that means you very fertile and you know exactly when is your O day
happy.gif

Koli
Go and test and let us know the results leh... i am excited to know.. heehee.

Vs
I have the same mindset as Sunshinekid, am not career-minded either,. Family is my priority and working is to bring resources to the family, to provide a better life for my gal. And true, wasted to give up our jobs after studying so much.

Alamak, I read back what I wrote, I meant to say give up our job, not forgive..eheheh.

Jasjas:
Thanks for the info.

Summer:
Hee, yah, if wanna make baby, I think not so stress also. That's why I got pregnant 3-4 mths after I got married.

Koli/Vs:
Go & test leh, I also very excited for both of you.
happy.gif

Just missed for 3 days lah...too soon to test. i will pray for auntie to come within these few days first.. God answers to prayer right?? haha

Jas, thanks for the info, .need to read up more.

Err..i felt women should always be financially independent, cos there is always the unexpected.

I like travelling around, interact with people of diff levels n countries lor.
Laiyee, u r excited but i am scared lor..haha

sunshinekid: hehe.... i tink i very suay cui... that time first menses come then i say 'wow so accutate ah...' then for the comin all haywire liao... sick... how i wish can go back to accurate... hehe....

summer/sunshinekid: same here lor... not career minded but cannot afford not to work cause wan have spending power and to let our children have better life.... hehe

jas: what's Chloe's weight huh?? i saw one pic in ur Ringo with her full body she look smaller than xr leh... and moreover she tall..... her intake for food a lot or not??

thanks jas, i will read later.... today swarmed with meetings man, so sian....

val,
I agree, we must be financially independent 'cos i cannot tahan need to see hb's face if i dun work and ask for $. But then career is the last thing on my priority list la... So long as I have a job to contribute to the household and enough to use i ok le...

jas,
thanks 4 finding out abt pediasure.but does it really work - for increasing weight? like wat i've written before, my girl's wt is q pathetic..

Amanda,
Chloe is standing at 79cm, weighs 8.5kg. Her milk intake is miserably low..abt 100ml per feed. One day abt 4-5 feeds. As for solid, she dont like porridge leh, she will spit out. But if u give her pao, cakes etc..she will eat lor. But oso not much lah. Headache ah..

actually before trying out pediasure, u better check with your PD first to see if there's a need for it.

With pediasure, it will put your child off normal food lor. And it's still better to eat normal food than rely on supplements.

I feel that if your child is really very underwt then you could try, but not if your child is developing well, just a little off the mark.

jas: wow... her intake really low hor... shorter interval she drink or not?? porridge dun wan... how abt rice w soup or kway tiao???

To add on, actually PD says she is okay leh, and also her body frame belongs to petite size. Only ask me to spice up her meals by giving her surprises everyday..(where got time, my mum sure says I siao)

PD said chubby baby doesnt mean healthy baby, which I agree lor..But then I dont tink old folks will second it, cos skinny baby to them projects an unhealthy image..
sad.gif

so can bb take pediasure long term?????
JH been taking pediasure since 12mo leh. and totally on pediasure milk until 2days ago i switch 1x milk to enfagrow cos i find her constipated liao. hmm....
JH indeed put on more weight after being on pediasure i can say. she 12mo time is 8.2kgs and now 15mo 9kgs le. so pediasure do help her a bit.
but now cos she is having 2x cereal cos she reject porr too and cant handle rice well yet so i start to reduce pediasure n replace by enfagrow gradually. and other type of food she dun eat much also.

violet,
FK and your gal so cute...
happy.gif

Pediasure,
wow, din know have this type of problem. think better to do more research before giving to ds or dd.

da yi ma
keke, for me very accurate also, so far after giving birth this is my 3rd period. 28 days cycle.
sunshinekid,
i use it to my advantage not to have kids so fast.. keke, maybe that's why i got 2 instead at the first attempt.
CC
i think i am 1 collector, abt 13 cards. haha... giving to cancel them 1 by 1 liao.

Jas, my mum thinks otherwise leh...my gal is drinking 240-300ml each feed and she can eat non-stop, my mum told me to control her food intake for the fear of over-feeding.
Her intake is such;

8am: 240ml milk
10am: Breakfast cereal with milk
1pm: 1 and half bowl porridge
3pm: Cakes and 240ml milk
5pm: Snacks ( bread, mask potato etc)
7pm: Porridge
8-9pm: Snacks
11pm: 300ml milk then zzzz

I don't know if she can feel fullness or not...or like my sis said, she gong gong eat one...chum lor

vs,
dun think ur girl until so jia lad la..she knows when stomach is full then will stopla.n frm wat i c,she's not eating a lot.my gal oso drinking abt 500-600ml of milk per day,bfast normally 1slice of bread+cheese or half bowl of porridge if we eat outside (half of the normal size bowl sold @hawker center).lunch & dinner is either rice+soup or porridge or mee sua. in between,sometimes snack fruits,bb cookie or mouths of wat we eat.

pediasure: agree w mashybrain, no need to give supplements unless really v bad.my ger really underweight,but PD nev suggest giving pediasure or other supplements.

jas: haha... tat time my mom ask me 'did the PD say anything abt she is underweight?' hehe then i tell her no leh... PD say gum gum ho lor... no need worry....
i 100% agree w ur PD leh.... cause huh... everyone see XR will always say...
tat time bring her to my colleague's weddin... guess what my ex-colleage tell me 'amanda, u must feed her more leh...' then another say 'ai yeo... why she shou dao tis yang... last time so chubby.....' i was like 'haizzz same old sayin'

it's kind of sian when ppl say this rite.... haizzz

Vs: wow... giselle can eat hor.... i tink u must listen to ur mom.. try to cut down... later she too used to eat tat much, her body will set tat as minimum food intake... then hard to cut down leh....

wow...giselle eat so much ah. i think Jh intake not even half of giselle...
eh...i think need to control a bit lah.

hmm...but JH PD advise to give her FULL pediasure le and not even to mix with normal milk. i got ask need to give partial normal n partial pediasure or not but she says no need le cos my gal fussy eater so give all pediasure,.

ah may,
tks...

val,
griselle can really eat leh! ENVY man....

The last time I bring FK for jab, my PD gave me some pediasure samples but I gace smiley 'cos my hb say no need to give Pediasure. She say can give if I wan 'cos FK is at 25th percentile. But 2 mths down the road and he is still at 9kg so I desperate liao, buy the pediasure and let him drink....

Sometimes I feel whether our kids are fat or petite, is very much related to genes. Say if both parents are slim slim kind, then how fat can the child be.

Jas:
From ur fotos, I believe both u and hb are tall and lanky people, hence it is not surprising that Chloe is the petite type too, slim and tall.

Take it easy mummies!
happy.gif

LY,
ya, i try to take it easy alrdy, tahan until now then let him try pediasure, kekeke....

oh BTW, how's annika's aczema after she goes 'eggless'? I hope her skin is better now.

<font color="ff0000">Violet</font>
Heee.. I know mummies' anxiety. I am also guilty of getting kancheong easily, so I have given Gareth Pediasure for 1 yr+. Now u see him, his build is quite okay right.

Annika was having baby soft skin for the past 1 mth plus, since her diagnosis. Then last 2 days, her eczema flare up again. And.. I suspect her kor kor has been secretly feeding her with the tidbits that he eats..eg, the Julie choc rolls, whc has eggs!! I did ask Gareth if he feeds mei mei, and he said yes sheepishly... Hiazz, tat notti cheeky boy.

amanda,
ya hor,interval bit short.i nev notice tat,only look at the amt she's taking.but maybe the portion not v big?high metabolism maybe. like wat sunshine says,gynes maybe.cos think my ger is like my hubby - high metabolism & skinny type.so i oso give up hoping she put on more weight.
last wk had bbq at home,my girl finished 1 bowl of mee sua (with many many ingredients inside),ate 1 shisamo,1 whole sweet potato (the jap sweet potato).then 240ml of milk abt 2hrs ltr.scary hor?

ya, i love shisamo too...
happy.gif

ya LY,
she's fm HP, everyone talking about it since last wk.....

hmm.. very difficult for kids to understand y some babies cannot eat certain things lor... jus got to keep telling him lor.

Sunshinekid
I think is violet's colli leh...
She told us tat day on msn... her colli died from stress...

Yesterday, my hb jus received a bad news, his sch mate's wife died leh. She kana stroke on 21 Apr, abt 2 weeks ago, then in coma, died yesterday leh... so sad news, her bb only less than 5months old.

Hehe I also like to eat shisamo leh... I know Goodwood park hotel got a nice Jap resturant selling it, n bery nice n fresh!

disneymickey: hehe.... was kind of surprise when u say not very much.. and tot u might have see wrongly... hehe
hehe maybe ur gal tat day very active lor... hehe... :p

Laiyee, don't blame ur boy lah..he loves meimei that's y fed her titbits ..

Ya i wanna control giselle's eating but difficult cos if she sees us eating she will cry for it..and she knws where to find food lor...

Bochap, how old is ur hubby's schoolmate's wife? sad to know that.. the poor hubby and baby. Stroke is a silent killer.

Re: Food

Besides porridge, u can also try mee sua, pasta (alphabets easier to cook), bread or mashed potatoes. Maybe your kids are 'ang mo' type, eat bread and potatoes? haha.

So far I've done fish with tomato pasta, tuna sandwiches, sheperd's pie (bb version) for my boy before. Always eat porridge can be quite sian.

I've also started frying some of his vege eg. spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower with garlic and olive oil. He loves it and finds it more palatable than cooking in normal porridge. Once a while he'll still be turned off by some of the food, but so far has been better since I started frying some of his vege and making soup stock for his pasta/mee sua.

My boy only 9.6kg now. Also rather light. But coz his face is chubby like my hb and mine. So still look rather ok even altho can see his ribs.
Think he's abt 35% now. So should be ok lah. In fact my PD thought he was putting on a little too quickly. SO beware also hor, cannot one shot put on a lot of wt, very bad for health.

VS
I think abt 29 YO leh... so sad leh...
She complaint abt backaches few months back after she kana intermittent fever leh. Doc said her blood vessel burst cos stroke...

They jus got married last yr oni... haiz

Scary hor, dunno when is my turn... too many sudden death recently around me... my colli also died last yr Dec, after recovered (for weeks) from flu. Dramatically was she died on her birthday, n she left a 3YO daughter. Think she was 38 YO then bah

Violet
I am ok lah! Jus a thought oni lah haha!

I always like tat one... tat time I fever for 2 weeks I also ask my hb will I die huh? haha! He say I siao one...

Hi mums
Ask u huh... have u started to let your bb to draw/ write? I read in YoungNurition.com say our bb can start liao leh... but wonder where to get edible crayon haha! Else I give YJ crayon, she eat it...she super tam jia... n wat if she start to draw on my wall, omg!

bochap,

i also just intro writing and drawing to elly recently.. give her A4 paper and pencil.. she can sit for an hour scribbling the paper.. she somemore hold the pencil using her thumb and pointer finger..

i think you can try giving those non toxic crayons like crayola to YJ to practice.. she see will give you any master pieces or not..

bochap, it's a traggic...this serves as a warning to us. Must really really take good care of our health, not just for the sake of ourselves, but for our kids n family.

Stroke- some do have family history hence must be more watchful..as for the rest, maintain a healthy lifestyle, limit fat especially saturated and trans fat intake!

feza, yeah...kids are always more creative and they love to draw, u can get inspiration from them too..hehe

Morning mummies..

NTUC offers Nepia diapers @ 2 for $26.95.

Amanda,
Yalor, quite irritating when pple start to comment abt " ur gal so skinny etc.."

Vs,
Wow, Giselle can eat alot leh..duno chloe can eat half of it boh. *envy*

LY,
Yah, my mum told me..maybe due to our genes, tall & slim. But i can't help worrying!

Re: Draw/Write
Chloe aldy start to "write" and "draw" liao..i give her pencil leh..nvr tot of buying crayon. Hehe..she juz anyhow write lor..sometimes, it looks like no."6"or "7"..haha I ask her to write 4 nos for me..so I can buy 4Ds.
happy.gif

siewlng, i tried to give j pencil and paper to scribble about 2 wks ago but he dunno how to ... he will throw the pencil and paper on floor... everything he also throw one lah.. throw pick up throw pick up... but wont draw lei... i hold his hand to teach him, he scream at me haha

thk unless u r SAHM, then easier to introduce stuff to our bb haha else i personally feel difficult unless yr caregiver sooooooooooo co-operative with you

mashy, u do so much variety for C hor... good good lei

jasjas: haha same here lor... sometimes although we know it's the gene but tends to get worried also rite.... haizzz
since birth already say till now lioa... dunno when will stop... haha....

Mummies... help me..... 'wen xin' ang moh is call what huh???

mashy,
thanks for the list of food.i cook porridge/mee sua until sian,think my gal oso eat until sian haha.ok,will try pasta this week.those small alphabet types, can b bought frm NTUC?once we had noodles (those fat yellow noodles) 4 dinner,then got leftover,so cook noodle soup 4 my gal,& she loves it.but she eats slowly,so the noodles became soggy then the 'noodle-smell' start coming out.i can't stand it,but she seems to enjoy haha.
have been feeding my gal mashed potato w milk since she started solids.she used to love it,but recently when my mom try to give her 4 bfast,she refused to eat.maybe 2 mashed up,she can't 'chew'.
can i hav ur recipe for sheperd's pie?

disneymickey
noel taking pediasure. gaining weight leh. now he looks rounder and got more meat on face, hands and legs. he took for one month liao. but i only give once a day.
Jas
thanks for e info. after this 3 tins, i will not buy liao. noel going for injection next tues. will ask the PD.
gals
u can call abbott to ask for sample for pediasure. they will send u 1 small tin with a $2 voucher for next purchase.
jas
my colleague bb taking 3 feed of milk a day. at times still need to add milo into milk then he drinks. she said PD said that 3 feeds is enough leh. don worry so much.
i agree that chubby bb dun mean healthy too. as long as weight fall in average i happy liao. now he falls in 50% i happy. last time weight is 25% only ah.
siewlng
ur hub col really poor thing leh. bb 5 months old onlt. that's y i think it is important to keep fit and healthy.
i gave noel pen, pencil and paper to draw before. disastrous. he drew on paper then all the way to table, sofa, my dad's leg, my poor dog then my dress.... give up liao

Back