(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

bulma / siewlng: go see see Monsoon kids wear... very cute one leh... hehe because if ur boys are wearin 12 months then can buy 3-6 months cause they are european size.. so bigger...
happy.gif

hi all
When is the right time to let our babies sleep on mattress n on the floor?
I realise my girl like too big for her cot now, n she feel so warm in her cot...

siewlng,

My gal started to sleep on matterss fm 6mths onwards 'cos she turns around inside the cot when she sleeps and everytime knock herself and wake up at nite.

After I transfer her to mattress she is back to sleep thru whole nite.

My boy now oso a little long for the cot liao, so I may transfer him over sooner. He is longer than my gal at birth and grows faster in length than my gal too.

siewlng,

I've started putting my boy to sleep on mattress 3 wks ago. I dun put him in his playpen during day as it's very warm. He'll either sleep on my king-size bed or on the mattress on floor which is much cooler.

Violet,

My almost 2 year old girl is still sleeping in playpen leh. She is 82cm tall. She likes to hit herself against the playpen net.

babycutie,

He turns around a lot now.
Put him down in 1 direction the next moment see him in another position liao.
And he is also starting to flip over fm back to front so sometimes when he is 'stuck' he make a lot of noise lor.

So I tot maybe out him down on mattress so he can hv more space.

my bb still can sleep in the cot but i usually put her together on our bed to sleep with us. Esp. now that i have returned to work, tend to miss her alot so when reach home want to cuddle her to sleep.

do you gals bring your bb home every night? or weekend bb?

hi..haven drop by for very long..
i have started working yesterday and will be travelling soon. i sent my baby giselle to my elder sis' place yesterday as she will be babysitting her from now..i felt so depress n crying the whole night, that i couldn't take care of her myself..i am a real horrible mum..didn't breastfeed her also when so many of you are doing it..i felt so bad and lousy as a mum...

siewlng: my mom say when babies startin to like wan to turn can sleep on mattress liao.. cause anytime they will just turn over one...

summer: mine is in infant care.. so everynite got to bring back.. hehe

bbcutie: ur gal still sleep in playpen ah.. why dun sleep mattress? hehe

i haven put my gal to mattress yet.. she is covering 3/4 of the playpen liao (length)

Vs: dun think in tat way k... u will have post natal blue later...
i also din bf her for long and i am puttin her in a infant care where no one there is a relative is her leh.. more worse rite... at least u are puttin Giselle in ur sis place and u know that ur sis will take good care of her one... dun worry too much ok... just try to spend more time w her on weekend and whenever u haf time ok...
happy.gif

BBcutie
My girl is 61cm liao, the cot was given by my sis, small size one.
Violet n Vonvon
Thanks for the advise, I will try to let my girl sleep on mattress then. Yujie also like to spin around... so cot not so suitable for her liao.

Hello mummies

So long didn't post in here already. Have been so busy with work, going for trainings, and will be flying to Malaysia for meeting next week. Busy busy!

<font color="ff0000">Summer</font>
I bring my baby home every nite. I miss my kids too much. One day a week, I will leave them to stay overnite at my mum's house, so that I can go shopping, facial, haircut, dinner w hubby, whatever! It's like my day off. I feel it's quite good, cos I will have undisturbed sleep. Once a wk is just nice, too often I will start to miss them.
happy.gif

My baby is getting so responsive now. Can coo, laugh, react to our talkings.

<font color="ff0000">Regarding milk intake</font>
My bb is still taking about the same. She is never really a big eater, so if she still decreases her milk intake, then v jialat oredi.

<font color="ff0000">Flipping</font>
Any one of your babies can flip already? Mine still cannot. Is she slow or wat? I thought at about 3MO, babies should at least attempt to flip?

<font color="ff0000">Hair loss</font>
Very very jialat. I drop hair by the bundles. This is worse when i blow my hair every morning. Alot of hair stuck on the brush as well as falling on the bathroom floor. Hiazz.. Hopefully by 5th mth, my hair will not shed too much.

Sunshinekid: wow u busy woman leh... hehe

Flipping: my gal now tryin to turn but still cannot.. hehe my mom say my gal's head heavy... hehe no la.. not slow la.. some babies a bit lazy... hehe :p

Hairloss: my hair now can maintain a little cause i takin multi-vit pills...
happy.gif

Vs,
relax, relax, relax.....
BF is not easy and if you cannot do it dun blame yourself. We are already very wei da giving birth to our bbies.

summerbb,
My maid take care of bb so I see him everyday.

Sunshinekid,
my boy flipped once 2 days ago and saw him flip a couple of times again last nite.
But maybe he is 2nd bb in the family so rec'd more stimulation when we communicate with our gal?

Hairloss:
I oso loss a lot of hair the last time, until I think I'm balding....
So this time, I cut my hair short so at least when drop won't be so messy around the house.
It's starting to drop now but they wil grow back eventually.

Sunshinekid
your one-day off sounds like a treat, maybe i should do that as well as i bring my bb home every night.
Your hair loss start after birth or months later? Coz my SIL is also experiencing jialat hair loss and i tot i was lucky w/o that problem. Then i was talking to my colleague and she say the hair loss problem will only come in say 6months after birth... is that true?

<font color="ff0000">Summer</font>
Yes, I find it's healthier for our well-being also. I mean, we also need a break from our kids. Have some "ME" time. Some pple may think that their babies are their lives (Like my coll). I think it's not so healthy lor. We also need to catch up with our frens, go Orchard rd and c c, look look. If not, next time Orchard rd change until wat, we also dun know... become Mountain Tortoise... ahahahh.OOps.

<font color="ff0000">Hair loss</font>
We will start dropping hair sometime 3-4 months after childbirth. I know the hair will eventually grow back and that I shld be prepared.. but still, looking at the floor everyday.. my heart ache :p

<font color="ff0000">Amanda</font>
I think my bb also quite lazy. Everyday she sleeps so much... with one condition - AIRCOND on. My mum says she wants to back charge some of her electricity bill to me liao.. hahh

Re: Hairloss

I'm also losing a lot of hair. Very very sad coz' my hair very little &amp; now it drop so much....think will be botak in no time. Hair now flat flat one.

Help....can we apply any tonic when bf?

Amanda,

What multi-vit r u taking?

Hi everyone

I'm back... it has been a tiring week for me as my FIL wake &amp; funeral took 6 days.Cremation supposed to be on 12th but due to wesak day, it could only be done on 13th. I was totally burned and can still feel the tireness till today, have been sicked since Monday with cough, sore throat &amp; fever.

Due to bf, i went to chinese medical doctor for cure... hope i will get well soon.

Believe it or not, my bb cried suddenly when i brought her back to my mIL's house last monday. She really cried leh, then we brought her back again on Tuesday &amp; Wednesday, she cried again... I felt something is not right... boy.. my hair stands

hair loss
me too... i got dandruff also, can we go for scalf treatment if bf??

SiewIng,

My boy also should be 61cm now. The cot still have plenty of space for him leh. My mattress size is 132cm x 70cm. This is the biggest mattress size for cot liao. During daytime, he sleeps in playpen which length is shorter at 104cm.

Amanda,

Ya lor. My girl loves her playpen leh. She always bounce herself inside the playpen. We will let Jayden sleep in her playpen and convert the cot to toddler bed when she gets too tall for the playpen.

Sunshinekid,
My boy also not flipping leh. I foresee that he will be slow in flipping because of his wt. Belvia also starts flipping after 6 mths. She was also a sumo baby back then. But Jayden is more sumo than her... hahahaha....

Is it true that bb on Enfalac A+ will become sumo??

I didn't drop too much hair this time. Maybe its just the beginning.... Anyway my hair is thick and coarse... can afford to drop but hope it will drop evenly.

Venus,

Baby is very sensitive to 3rd kind. I believe she can sense yr FIL prsence that's why she cries. (My hair stands while typing this)

U know some ppl bring along baby when they want to buy resale flat to test whether the house is "clean".

For me, I won't bring my bb to funeral even if it is close kin. Especially my girl, she is very pantang. Of course this is very individual. It is up to u to believe in this kind.

For me, I believe.

Venus
me oso believe wht bbcutie had said bb very pantang 1 n they r so pure now tht they can sense all these things lor....

me oso got dandruff after preggie n now worse ah used head n shoulder oso not much help dunno how???

Sunshinekid
My boy is trying to turn to his side liao sometimes he can do it sometimes not n tht day me brought him to yu guo they put him on his tummy n he can lift his head up liao...
happy.gif

My hair becomes terribly oily now leh. Wash already then a short while later seem oily again leh. Wonder what kind of shampoo should i use to totally get rid of the oil. Terribles.....but no hair loss yet though...

Feza,

MEET-THE-BABIES LUNCH GATHERING
Date : 24 June 2006
Time : 12pm
Venue : Pasir Ris

Gals, please register your attendance accordingly hehe

1. Bulma + bb + hb
2. May + 2 bbies + hb + maid
3. Feza + bb (+ hb becomes tentative as it s the world cup season)
4. Ling + bb + son
5. Von + bb + hb
6. Carol + bb + hb + son
7. Violet + bb
8. Venus + bb + hb
9. Claire + bb (+ hb tentative)
10. sally + bb
11. ilim + hb + bb
12.koli + bb (hb tentative)
13. Bulomum + bb + hb
14. LIM + bb

Hi Etelle,
Elvin have lots of phlegm when taking similac and he dun seen to wan to drink loh. When i give half BM and half FM it ok when i give FM only he does not drink much liao. After i chnage to Enfalac A+ he seen to drink more and has less phlegm liao.

Gals i am not joining u for the gathering.

Hi summerbb,
my mil stay in my hse during weekday to help take care of Elvin. So that i can see him once i step into the hse..

Hi Sunshinekid,
Elvin start to coo, laugh, react to our talkings when he is 2 mths old. My mil say he is a talktive bb..

He is trying to flip but cant flip yet. Now he like the standing position and love to play with his bb gym.

Hi Mummies,

Flipping
Wow all your bbs flipping liao.. mine din show any signs of wanting to flip leh. How to train him huh?

Toys
My boy does seems interested in toys leh. think he more interested in playing with his hands and eating his hand.. how huh? sometimes he put his whole hand into his mouth. if after drinking milk will puke. aiyo... sian..

Milk intake
My bb a small eater leh, drinking an average of 110ml. but when he has bm will feed every 2 to 2.5hrs(i oni feed when he cries), and every 3hrs for formula. normal rite?

Hair loss
i din really pay much attention to my hair these days.. so scary hoh if drop alot.. think there is a shampoo name Dr something one.. for many hair type (dry hair but oily roots.. etc)

Bring bb home
I agree with Sunshinekid that mummies must have a bit of their own time. if not will b very tired and grow old faster.. No NO.. think we need to take care of some of our needs, otherwise not healthy.. plus guys tend to age slower in the first pl. so we must jia you... take care of ourselves more. think next time when i start work, i will leave my bb stay once a week at my mum's also.

Books
Anyone bought books for their little ones? Where did you buy... Any titles to recommend? I went to Times at suntec a few weeks ago. the selection very small and no books with big, colourful pictures leh.

Expressing milk in office
hey, your cos has special lactation rooms? if dont have how? unhygienic to do it in the toilet leh.

Phlegm
My bb also has lots of phlegm. I ask the PD and she said this is due to my boy puking out milk. when the milk which has already got to his stomach comes out, the stomach acid will come out also, so will cos bb to have phlegm.. PD say dont need to treat one..

Formula
Ehhhh... how u mummies know which formula to get for your bb? my bb drinking S26 gold now. someone told me bbs taking S26 tends to b fat.. Really?

Worried about my bb, she's got a cough with a lot of phlegm, hear already also heart pain. If still dun get well, today, then tomorrow initially wanted to bring for her immunisation jab, will put on hold and treat the cough first. dunno if it's becoz my fil got chronic cough then keep carrying her or becoz I ate goreng pisang on wed. My gran told me dun eat banana otherwise bb will cough, thot only apply to 1st mth, then now she already 3MO, so take 1. Hope I didnt hai her to get cough. Will refrain from taking til finish bf, once bitten twice shy!

Wah, last night she woke up at 230 for a feed, hope it's coz she's not feeling well, n not coz she's reverting back to her twice a night feed times. That way too shiong already, i really cannot tahan with going to sch early in the morning.

Bb keeps trying to turn, but her backside like too big. She'll turn on her side, then kick kick her legs and her bum will plonk back on the bed. hehe, hb n i always laugh when she is trying to flip. She hasnt tried to grab things though. If it happens to be in her hand, she'll grip it, but when we wave things in front of her, she won't reach for them. A result of leaving mittens on too long? Only removed them 2 wks ago.

My hair also dropping. before preg already got this prob, then preg ok, now drop again. sianz

HI Mummies... Good morning... finally its friday and we are goin to haf lots of time w our babies... Yeah!!

Sunshinekid: hehe... Anika looks big also ya?? hehe maybe like bbcutie say lor... because of the weight then lazy to flip... hehe... :p
must sleep in air con room ah... wowo high maintainance leh.. hehe... but hor does baby skin tends to be more dry sleepin under air con room?

Bbcutie: hehe actualli hor.. i am tryin to imagine what u mean by Belvia bouncing inside the playpen leh.. hehe

vonvon: i takin back the multi-vit pills tat was given to me during my pregnancy.. i did ask them whether can i still take and they say can ... so i continue..my hair also very thin one.. and flat..but during pregnancy, i realised it din drop tat much and instead grow. then my hairstylist told me its because of the vitamin tat we took during pregnancy...

bbcutie / bulomum: hehe abt FM.. some say take Dumex liao, baby become 'big' very fast.. actualli it depends on individual babies one... not necessary one kind of FM will 'boom' baby up.. hehe my cousin givin her gal Dumex which is what i am givin my gal... but at 2 months, her baby become very big.. and she told me tat this FM very easy baby 'boom' one.. but my gal drinkin the same FM but my gal not like her baby 'boom' so much...hehe

etelle: ur hair scalp oily huh... i usin one type of shampoo that remove oil at the scalp leh.. u wanna try?? i been usin it cause my hair loss is due to oily scalp and it has improve a lot.. not oily liao... it cost about $10 and can be buy at NTUC pharmancy... if u wan i mms u tonight the bottle to u...

bulomum: hehe its normal la... babies tryin to figure out their fingers cause never see before mah.. hehe my gal at time wan finger more then toys...

flipping
my boy also stil dunno how to flip.

dropping hairs
me too.. dropping in bundles.. sianzzz

bring bb home
i bring my boy to my mum's hse every morn b4 i go to work then bring him home every nite after i off from work. then whenever i not working, i will tk care of him myself.

books
i hv a cloth aninmal book for jarren. free one. then last x preg, i got buy 2 story books to read to him so now i free free stil will read to him. Then i also flash cards lor

expressing milk in office
my coy has a lactation room. But if i m not in office (eg go out for mtg or course), i ll do a quick express in handicap toilet

Formula
so far, i only tried similac and dumex and now stick to dumex. when my boy tk similac, he has heat rash on his face so i guess similac is too heaty for him so i change to dumex. he is ok taking dumex so i just stay on w dumex.

Claire
if yr gal stil cough, better postpone th ejab. i also postpone jarren's jab to next week. if he nx week stil no well, i ll postpone again lor

amanda
i dun like weekends and PH haha i like to work. how nice if can come office to work everyday officially hahahhhahahaha =p

bulma
wah, your job must be really to your taste. Still find home more enticing than my workplace. Everyday just look forward to going home only. Today going for briefing at bt ho swee. headache abt what to do with today's ebm. cannot go there n borrow their freezer mah. haha, yesterday went to my piano student's house n borrow her freezer. luckily her mom is a fren n she also bf her dd til 1.5YO, so she understands...otherwise think have to throw away?

Bulma
Haha same here! I dun like weekend n PH... more tiring than work. Got to take care of BB n do housework

Alamak, my HB going for biz trip on 1st week of Jun, somemore over weekend... I lagi jialat liao... zhe mo pang? Got to wake up at nite to feed, work late, n fetch bb, weekend take care of her... pengz! Scare leh!

Hi Feza

I will not be able to attend the gathering given that my FIL has just passed away. Bit pantang fo me to go other ppl house now.

Babycutie &amp; ilim
Yeah lor, i also scared leh but hubby wanted bb to pay last respect, so only brought her there less than 15 mins.. then we chiao..

I also began to believe in this 'thing' as my SIL's second bb also currently same problem, he has been cranky ever since he attended the funeral. He cried almost every night now, for no reason and didn't want milk, hug or to be touched.. My SIL brought him to temple yesterday, hopefully he is better now

Can i ask something? You know Chinese got this mourning period that you are not allowed to wear red, yellow and flowery clothing. Normally this morning period is max 100 days right? My MIL wants it to be for 1 year leh.... now i have to go and shop to change my wardrobe..... even my mother also finds it weird...

I know i shouldn't complain but hor, i am working leh and one year is a bit too far stretch. Now both my SIL and me, finding a little bit too hard to digest.

Bulma / Bochap
you two can xiang yi wei ming le. Your pattern almost the same ha ha :p Dun like weekends.

Claire
i also look forward to home everyday haha go home then see ethan then take care of him from there then i so happy one hee :p of course at times will grumble like no free time hee :p

Amanda
Maybe you mms me and let me see? I using loreal normal hair but turns greasy something one....but like cannot leh....sigh...

Venus,

It is up to individual whether how long u want to wear the mourn. When my dad past away, I only wear the mourn during the wake. When his body is cremated, my bro &amp; I throw the mourn badge into the fire and burnt together with his body.

My mum wear the mourn for 100 days.

Of course there are still ppl who wear the mourn for 1 year for being respectful to the dead. But not many ppl can do that now. Especially the new generation.

R u staying with yr MIL. If yes, then no choice have to follow. If not, wear these colour when u visit her.

As for yr SIL bb, ask yr SIL to pluck some shi2 liu3 leave and bathe with it. Then throw the water away outside the house. But since yr SIL already brought him to the temple and if he has stop crying, then just leave it.

Mummies
I am looking for partime cleaner that can clean, and do some household chores on weekly basis (one day every week). Can anyone recommend a good one?

I really cannot cope since started work. Work is demanding more of my energy and time. I need help, so need to look for partime cleaner

claire
not my job to my taste but it's tk care bb not to my taste hahaha i everyday also DUN look forward to go home meh....

venus: i also wear the thing for 1 year when my grandparents pass away... i heard its better for the dead ah... so tat time also bo bian gotta wear for 1 full year those colour.. then some more when i go out, ppl tends to see the thing i wearin... haizz
etelle got the part time cleaner agency number... her house also let the part time cleaner clean once a week...

Fingers licking good

My boy has been stuffing his 2 thumbs (at the same time) into his mouth and then aik aik, like trying to dig for things in his mouth. *Faint* Yesterday, he tried 1 thumb and 1 fist together. Think he's trying to stretch his mouth.

Mourning
Wah, you gals need to do that for 1 yr? I remember when my grandma passed away, my father put a basin of water with the sia liu outside the door. After the funeral, wash our hands. Then that's it liao. never heard of having to mourn for 1 yr.

When my MIL's father passed away, we just threw away the white t-shirts after the funeral. End of story.

My family was same case as mashy, we flew to taiwan for my granma's funeral, so straight after, we burnt the 'xiao' and threw the 'unlucky' stuff away. Only my da bo family wore for 49 days. My inlaws observed the traditions after my granma-in-law died for quite a long time. At the time I haven't guo men become their family, so i didn't wear the xiao. Quite elaborate the things that they observed. Now already almost 3 years since then, every new yr, qing ming, mother's day, 7th mth, midautumn, etc will go to either the grave or the temple to pray to/for her. V weird, this year they went to the grave, then she entered hb's da bo mu body n talk to the family. I didn't go because of bb so didnt see what happened. Only the older kids went.

mashy
haha, your boy really seems to be trying his best
happy.gif
My girl usually sucks her hands when she's hungry. Sometimes she really concentrating on sucking then know that she super-hungry liao. Then if dun clean often, aiyoh, her hands can be so smelly!

bulma n bochap
i see. I'm lucky coz got a maid to help out. I just feed n play with her, then if maid is busy i'll clean up after her. Dun have to worry abt housework. But the maid also sometimes a bit boh idea, when we ask her to pass the bb over, sometimes she'll dilly dally, take her own sweet time coz she also want to carry bb longer. We're the type try not to carry bb too much, so sometimes will kan bu shun yan.But tell her off already, she'll be better. So far, not too many problems with her. Hope she keeps up the good work n dun get affected by the other maids in the family. Sometimes the maid is good, but associate too much with the other maids, they compare compare then somehow or other become not so good.

Amanda
Thanks, etelle sms me liao.

Mourning
Yeah lor, can't complain. So got to go shopping.... Hopefully my MIL not so strict.. Also we were told jewelery also can not wear...e.g earings, necklace etc etc.

Back