(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

Poll: Would you want to be SAHM if you can. Please indicate your preference.

YES
1. Stella
2. Summer
3. Violet
4. Amanda-if can of course wan.... :p
5.ilim
6. sally cinnamon (only if my hb is a business tycoon and i can have maids as well. hehe)
7. Babycutie (Share the same opinion as sally cinnamon...Hi 5)

NO
1. Bulma
2. Smiley
3. Wendy (used to b YES when having 1 kid. Mayb YES when they r older)
4.Koli(used to be yes too but HB dun allow cos not enuf $. planning for early retirement)k
5. Sunshinekid
6. Siewlng

My BMI is 23.5. That means I am overweight. My wt is 55kg now. To achieve BMI of 19, I must be 45kg.... Gosh!! That is 10kg to shed.

venus
sorry to hear about ur FIL. send my condolences to ur family.
Poll: Would you want to be SAHM if you can. Please indicate your preference.

YES
1. Stella
2. Summer
3. Violet
5.ilim
6. sally cinnamon (only if my hb is a business tycoon and i can have maids as well. hehe)
7 . oscarsem

NO
1. Bulma
2. Smiley
4.Koli(used to be yes too but HB dun allow cos not enuf $. planning for early retirement)k
5. Sunshinekid
6. Siewlng

But even though I now consider a SAHM, I doing part time freelance and tuition to help out household. I still wan to spend more time with Tavis as I wan to be the first one to see him smile, walk, talk or etc. rather to hear from another person. But Total SAHM makes u like a "yellow wife" .. nono.. at least work abit makes u feel that u are contributing 2 and have some self-esteem.

selina,
did u receive my $2 transfer for the tongue cleaner? Have u bought it? I haven't send u my address for u to send me

Oscar
i agree with you leh think u wouldn't want to miss out seeing HIS first and then having someone to relate to you. I think it all boils down to personal choice and lifestyle and all lah hor....hee hee thank you girls for bearing with my indecisiveness. Actually not me it's my mother haha :p

YES
1. Stella
2. Summer
3. Violet
5.ilim
8. oscarsem
9. feza (i agree with oscar although we re SAHM must still work a bit to earn a bit of pocket money for yrself and have more self esteem)

NO
1. Bulma
2. Smiley
5. Sunshinekid
6. Siewlng

feza, bulma,
then i have reached my ideal weight liao.
I am now 44.8kg...same height as both of u...heehee.. but leh dunno y my tummy/waist still 2inches fatter than last time?????
dunno y my weight keep dropping but my waistline neber become slimmer??? my weight now lighter than pre-preg.

ilim..... I would like to ask u about expressing on the plane, can u pls buzz me if u r on MSN?

Also I would like to order :
1) Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap - Country Apple x 1; Cherry Blossom x1
2) Anti-Bacterial Gentle Foaming Hand Soap - Cherry Blossom x1
Think they are going at $10 for 3bot. If not convenient to buy 3, then 1 oso can, any fragrance. Thanks a lot!

smiley
xian mu lei.... i stil fat fat

thk my IT block msn liao dunno why these 2 days cant login liao sianzzzz must change job liao else cant msn no motivation to work haha

smiley,

good to know you lost weight liao.. for me, i have 3kg more to go.. and i still have a paunch.. so when i go out i usually sling baby so ppl can t see my paunch..

bulma, no wonder la.. miss you ley.. you not around everyone neber open chat box one..

Bulma,
Can try to login via web-msn
(http://webmessenger.msn.com/ )cos my IT dept oso block MSN..
sad.gif

But using web-msn, u cannot open a chat..

Gals,
My BMI is 20.3, so its under healthy range..but i hvnt get back to my pre-preg wt leh...mayb last time i underweight, dats y..;P

Hi gals,
What's the formula for calculating our BMI? I can't remember...

My right nipple is still v painful.. seems to have cracked and I see the sides are dry. Appy Purelan also not of much use leh.
sad.gif
Whenever I think of expressing milk, I have this certain fear..

bulma,feza, but i still have the big tummy and big waist leh...althou weight drop. no time to do exercise nowadays or simply too tired to do any exercise. been manually washing clothes cos washing m/c spoiled n waiting for the spare parts to come in then can repair
sad.gif

so so so tired and tough washing by hand
sad.gif

lucky my hb wash together and he squeeze dry or else i can die ah.

sunshine, u got latch on? last time i also like tat...i pump till nipple bleed ah..so painful and i throw the milk away cos it become strawberry milk. so wasted.

i also have a paunch leh... dunno how to get rid of it. The pigmentation still there also.

smiley
you very funny... strawberry milk!!!

yesterday i forgot to bring the handle of my breast pump home, left it at my mum's place. In the end gotta use my fingers as a manual pump... quite er xin to 'milk' myself! But no choice else will die of engorgement.

<font color="ff0000">Smiley</font>
I don't latch on now. This is the result of pumping alone. How how? What can I do to relieve the pain? See a doc or what? I don't know what else the doc can do leh. I think got to let it heal by itself right? Oh no, another 1.5hrs I got to pump milk again... Scared.

<font color="ff0000">Summer</font>
U using the Avent Manual Pump too? So tiring right?

<font color="ff0000">Jas</font>
Thanks! I go and calculate now.

My BMI is 18.4. Hmm, it says I am at risk of getting nutritional deficiency diseases and osteoporosis. Hahah.. But I also have not got back to my pre-pregnancy weight leh.

Hi gals

My boy went for 5 in 1 injection yest at polyclinic. He was alright in the morning but evening came down with fever. After takg medicine, went down, but this morning 3 am fever again. Me din sleep well last night at all, keeping checking his temperature and worst still my hb is having flu and fever and he sleep separately so as not to infect us.

I thot this injection will not cause any fever. Any gals face this problem?

Sunshinekid
Yup, i am using the Avent Manual Pump. Actually quite ok lah, i usually finish pumping in about 10mins. Will pump abt 160ml each time. But i only pump 4 times a day. Are you working? How do you sterilise your pump at work?
You may want to try Palmer's Cocoa Butter nipple cream.

Mtan

Of course the 5-in-1 can cause fever lah.

My boy had fever also. So had to give him med round the night. 2nd time he took, I gave preventive medicine until night. So he didn't get fever this time round.

Mtan,

My gal had the jab last wk, so far she's okay leh, but the doc says oni small % will get fever for 5 in 1. So dun worry, shld b alrite.

summer,
really leh...strawberry color...hahaha

sunshine,
nothing much u can do...just dun press to the highest pressure on the avent pump lor. take a few days to heal for my case...a bit pain when expressing like the skin crack and blood come out.

mtan,
my gal took 6 in 1 jab n both times she got fever. 1st time i did not give preventive med n she fever. 2nd time 1 gave preventive med but she also develop fever...hahaha... maybe the preventive med i give not enough times...i gave twice upon jab...n i see no fever so i thou should be ok liao...but fever develop midnite.

Mashy
how come you can pump for so long, 1hr very tiring leh! How many times you pump per day? I only pump 4 times, so prob it accumulates more coz my interval is longer and i seldom latch bb on now. you latch bb on direct?

<font color="0000ff">Mtan</font>
The 5in1 jab will cause fever in some babies. I am sure your PD has forewarn you and given you preventive paracetomol leh. My gal just took the first 5in1 jab but luckily no fever.

<font color="0000ff">Summer</font>
Wow,you only pump 10 mins and can get so much. I only pump once during work and I don't sterilise it till I reach home.

<font color="0000ff">Smiley</font>
Ok, boh bian, just got to grit my teeth and bear with the pain. I was so tempted to stop expressing altogether.. but in the end, always the guilt that makes me persevere.

smiley and summer

hiaz...blame it on my poor pathetic ms.

i pump abt 3-4 times a day. Sometimes even 1st pump of the day can just get 30ml. Terrible right? By right, after the whole night should be able to get more.
sad.gif

So u can imagine, everyday spend 3-4hrs on pumping. Very sian liao. I was happy when it went up for a while, but now, back down. Today going KKH to clear some ducts. Hopefully will see some improvements after that.

I also seldom latch bb now coz his suck is very weak. It's waste time one, more like pacifier to him. His sucking mtds now can only be used for bottles.

sunshine, persevere on...1st time u kenna this? me kenna a few times during confinement as i pump v frequent to clear engorgement. now as i oni pump 4x a day hence ok liao.
u plan to BF till how long? me plan 6mths cos really v v tired leh.

mashy, u got drink more soup or hot beverages? brew the papaya wif fish bone soup to try? take more fishes n chicken meat...will help a lot esp "ngor" fish. u v gd leh...even thou little milk but yet u so determine to pump.

Sunshinekid
Coz my interval is quite long (5-6hours) so breasts get very hard so can pump very fast. I also pump once during work. But i read on the net that it is ideal to pump every 2-3hours so I was wondering if i should increase the frequency lest my MS drop coz i am on TBF and i have to keep up with my growing bb's demand.

Mashy
prob you can try to increase the freq. of pumping since supply=demand. must trick your into thinking that your bb needs more by pumping more.

mtan: my gal also got fever when she got her first jab... the fever came only at night... then i din give her medication cause my mom say the fever will go down one.. unless its very high then give her...she tell me dun little bit give medication not good for bb.. and some more its due to the jab so no worry...
tis sat she goin for second one liao... hope will be fine....
happy.gif

Feza, miss me in msn lei hahahha no one to talk rubbish inside hahaha aiya i also bo pian.. web msn also cannot lei i tried liao

Re : MS
i pump about 20 mins in morn can get about 160-180ml then in pm and nite pump about 20 mins get about 100-120ml each.

Summer
i pump 2x in office. once 7.30am and 3pm. i sterilise using the sterilising tablets lor i everyday pump 3x - 7.30am, 3pm, 10pm

sunshinekid
i also wanna stop expressing lei cos v tiring lei but also the guilt lor hahaha sang nuo jing hor .. sianzzz.. my hb hear me say wanna stop til he sianz.. nowadays, he will say aiyo up to u lah but i stil no stop cos of GUILT

mashy,
hope KKH LC can help u clear yr ducts and yr MS will blossom hehe

smiley

Tried everything from soups to fenugreek to durian to full cream milk to oats liao. Hiaz... I had an increase when I was taking oats and full cream milk, so now I'm testing out again to verify.

Summer
No use leh. I used to pump 5-6times a day. Also so little. That time worse, only get 10ml-20ml each time. Didn't even increase. Later i find that I pump 3 times also get same amt. So i reduce lor. Hehe.

Mashy
Hopefully. Now I'm thinking whether i had blocked ducts in the first place coz my breasts are soft soft but when i squeeze then can feel got hard hard. I think I'm running dry. My hb said it's ok, I've already tried my best liao. He see I abuse my breasts also xin tong. Hehe, now not his toy.

mashy,
your last para is meant for me izzit? haha it's ok lah u hv done yr best for caeden and he alr more than 4 months. alr v good... no worries.. b happy... BM is not everything for a bb's growth =)

dear aunties,

mumy said she have never celebrated Mother's Day in a big way but this year she's all excited (God knows what's the big fuss).. she even made me write this post for everyone.. (Actually, she write the post while i enjoy my milky and dozing off every now and then)..

well, since i'm here, Happy Mother's Day in advance and enjoy the day with your little darlings (aka my friends)..

lots of love, hugs and many many kisses..

Baby Elly

<font color="ff0000">Bulma</font>
Yah lor.. shang nao jing hor. U and I share the same sentiments. Even my hubby and your hubby say the same things. Every nite, I will tell him I wanna stop liao.. nipples pain, hands tired,etc etc. Then he said "stop lor.. no one says cannot". But every nite, at around the same time, I will still go kitchen to assemble the pump to pump milk. Like you lor.. GUILTY.

<font color="ff0000">Mashy</font>
I also very pei fu you leh. Can still persevere despite little milk. Well, if really cannot tahan, then dun force yourself. I know it's difficult, I can tell pple but cannot convince myself to stop .. Kekekek.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>BB Dob</TD><TD>Wt/ Ht (As of April)</TD><TD>Type of Diaper</TD><TD>Type of FM</TD><TD>Caregiver</TD><TD>Address (Area) </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Mashy</TD><TD>Caeden</TD><TD>1-Jan-2006</TD><TD>5.8kg/59cm</TD><TD>Nepia/ PP</TD><TD>BM &amp; S26 Gold</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Bulma</TD><TD>Jarren</TD><TD>12-Jan-2006</TD><TD>7.1kg/58cm</TD><TD>PP</TD><TD>BM &amp; Dumex Mamex Gold</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Ah May</TD><TD>Sam/Ray</TD><TD>13-Jan-2006</TD><TD>5.6kg,5.1kg/55cm</TD><TD>NTUC(Day)/ Nepia(Night)/ PP(Gng Out)</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>Paternal Grandma/Maid</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bochap (Siewlng)</TD><TD>Yu Jie</TD><TD>23-Jan-2006</TD><TD>6.18kg/ 61cm</TD><TD>Nepia/Huggies/Pet(Day)Nepia(Night)</TD><TD>BM &amp; Dumex Mamex Gold</TD><TD>Nanny</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Ivory</TD><TD>Zi Jie</TD><TD>23-Jan-2006</TD><TD>6.7kg/ 64cm</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Sally Cinnamon</TD><TD>Sarah</TD><TD>23-Jan-2006</TD><TD>4.5kg/ 57cm</TD><TD>Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Smiley</TD><TD>Jia Hui</TD><TD>24-Jan-2006</TD><TD>5.15kg/ 58cm</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>BM &amp; Similac</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ling79</TD><TD>Nicole Tan</TD><TD>25-Jan-2006</TD><TD>6.0kg/ 62cm</TD><TD>PP/ Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Gingerale</TD><TD>Annalisa</TD><TD>26-Jan-2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>VonVon78</TD><TD>Marcus</TD><TD>26-Jan-2006</TD><TD>6.12kg/63cm</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>BM &amp; Enfalac A+</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Bedok Reservoir </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Corrine</TD><TD>26-Jan-2006</TD><TD>7.1kg/60cm</TD><TD>Mamy Poko/Drypers/PetPet/PP</TD><TD>BM</TD><TD>Nanny</TD><TD>Jurong East </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>BB Ger</TD><TD>Shayna</TD><TD>29-Jan-06</TD><TD>5.9kg/ 63cm</TD><TD>Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Babycutie</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>1-Feb-2006</TD><TD>7.18kg/ 60.5cm</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma/ Maid</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Jasminesym</TD><TD>Jerry</TD><TD>2-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.8kg</TD><TD>Nappy (Day) Nepia(Night)</TD><TD>BM &amp; Enfalac A+</TD><TD>SAHM/ Maid</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>oscarsem</TD><TD>Tavis</TD><TD>2-Feb-2006</TD><TD>6.6kg/64cm</TD><TD>PP/Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>jasjas</TD><TD>Chloe Choo</TD><TD>4-Feb-2006</TD><TD>6.3kg/ 62cm</TD><TD>Pet Pet</TD><TD>Friso 1 Gold</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Jappooh</TD><TD>Elvin</TD><TD>4-Feb-2006</TD><TD>6.2kg/ 59cm</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>Paternal Grandma</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>C2202 Cecilia</TD><TD>Clara</TD><TD>4-Feb-2006</TD><TD>7kg</TD><TD>Drypers</TD><TD>Dumex Mamex Gold</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Carebear (Carol)</TD><TD>Amelia</TD><TD>5-Feb-2006</TD><TD>4.43kg/ 57cm</TD><TD>PP</TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Sunshinekid</TD><TD>Annika Chui</TD><TD>7-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.8kg/ 58cm</TD><TD>Drypers/ Nepia</TD><TD>BM &amp; Enfalac A+</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD>Ethan Luah</TD><TD>8-Feb-2006</TD><TD>7.18kg/ 66 cm</TD><TD>Nepia/PP</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>Xin Ru</TD><TD>8-Feb-2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Drypers(Day)PP(Night)</TD><TD>Dumex Mamex Gold</TD><TD>Infant Care</TD><TD>Sengkang West </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>mtanlove</TD><TD>Amos Jaw</TD><TD>9-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5kg/ 58cm</TD><TD>PetPet/Mamy Poko/ PP</TD><TD>Dumex Mamex Gold</TD><TD>Paternal Grandma</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Violet Blaze</TD><TD>Lee Feng Kai</TD><TD>9-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.4kg/ 57cm</TD><TD>PP/ Drypers/ Nepia</TD><TD>BM</TD><TD>Maid/ Childcare</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>10-Feb-2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Nepia (Day) PP (Night)</TD><TD>TBM</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Fan</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>12-Feb-2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma</TD><TD>Tanjong Pagar </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>elfstar</TD><TD>Jordan</TD><TD>14-Feb-2006</TD><TD>9kg/ 70cm</TD><TD>PP/ Huggies</TD><TD>BM</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>UK </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Koli Selina</TD><TD>Noel</TD><TD>14-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.7kg/62cm</TD><TD>Nepia/ PP</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma/ Maid</TD><TD>Bedok Reservoir </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>Tan Xin Ru</TD><TD>16-Feb-2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Pet Pet/ Sealer</TD><TD>BM &amp; S26 Gold</TD><TD>Maternal Grandma/ Maid</TD><TD>West Coast </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>LIM</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>20-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.4kg/ 61cm</TD><TD>PP</TD><TD>Dumex Mamex Gold</TD><TD>Nanny</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>ilim</TD><TD>Keagan Wong</TD><TD>21-Feb-2006</TD><TD>6.5kg/ 60cm</TD><TD>Japanese Brand</TD><TD>Friso</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Feza</TD><TD>Aida Ellyanna</TD><TD>21-Feb-2006</TD><TD>4.4kg/55cm</TD><TD>Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Marsilling </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Professor</TD><TD>Alston</TD><TD>21-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.6kg/ 58cm</TD><TD>Drypers, Pampers, Huggies</TD><TD>Dutch Lady</TD><TD>Grandma</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>bulomum</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>22-Feb-2006</TD><TD>5.1kg/ 56cm</TD><TD>PP/ Drypers</TD><TD>S26</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>hipee</TD><TD>Lisa</TD><TD>25-Feb-2006</TD><TD>4+kg/ 58cm</TD><TD>Fitti</TD><TD>BM &amp; Dumex</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Just came back from the clinic. Ethan went for his 2nd jab of 6-in-1 ...just one more jab and he is done
happy.gif
hee hee. He is now 7.18kg and height is 66 cm. PD said he is growing very well not overweight and all. Haha ethan was happily playing the the PD and PD said he very clever boy haha developing very well hee hee. Good to hear that
happy.gif

Girls
PD told me that the gylcerine stick that we used to clean bb tongue can be used. he said the purpose of cleaning is to prevent oral thrust which is white in colour same as milk stain colour. So if oral thrust grows then bb will reject milk. But he said if it's milk stain then it would not affect bb to reject milk. Just want to clear the misconception so now we can tell people clenaing of the tongue of the white white thing is to prevent orl thrust which has the same colour as milk stain
happy.gif
By the way MT A sells it at 0.46 cents only le. I bought one box 25 packets only $11.55 cheaper than KK. So u girls might want to buy from MT A instead
happy.gif

i so far didnt clean my boy w that stick haha i v lazy only once a week use warm water clean his tongue and gum.

etelle, ethan big boy liao hor haha he how many months liao?

my boy also gg 2nd jab nx week but he coughing so may nd to postpone.

ringo web is down ah?

Back