(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Rachel,
hahaha, i also put my name in for ballot in Oct's batch of clearance flats. Try my luck but highly doubt cos even the 'God' said this one slim chance. I'm aiming for only ONE particular flat in AMK. Difficult...

Tracie, Rachel
ha ha at least you both can ballot. I no chance at all man.

Rachel, wonder where you eyeing ?

Tracie
we were hesitating oso. Then we decided to sell all. That is why you see me busy lelong all the way. I only kept my mattress which I am still sleeping now. And my husband cannot bear his sound system and plasma so no other bulky items liao.

Wonder what is the logic of bringing the old bed ? because of the an zhuang before wedding ?

queen
i started devan on porridge only a few days before he hit 9 months.

he gave me his horrified look when he first tasted the porridge with his usual vegetale puree. obviously aware of the difference in texture and taste. end up i blend the porridge further with my blender.

now he is better with the grain texture.

tracie
I oso aiming for only ONE particular flat! same as you, doubt of the chance for us to be able to get it. but never try never know right =p

Cl
it's still in bukit panjang, just across the road to bukit panjang plaza. i really like the environment of where i stay now but given a chance i would like to upgrade to 5rm.

we did our calculation, after all the cost and levy to hdb, we still can have quite abit of cash on hand after selling our existing flat.

Re. porridge
I'm also thinking 6.5 months may still be a bit too early for porridge. Now Matthew is on 1 meal rice cereal and the vege puree, I give in between milk feeds, cos only about 2 ice-cubes amount. Should I give 2 full feeds of rice cereals then to make the transition to 1 meal oatmeal / rice cereal and 1 meal porridge a few weeks later?

queen
u might wan to increase the amount of cereal to replace 1 milk feed? then from there slowly intro another feed of semi solid of cereal or porridge. better this way?

CL
thanks =) the unit i aim for is 300k+. top floor.

queen
Maybe you can start to intro porridge to Matthew to see how it is for him as like food tasting. You can start off to have him on 2 full feeds of rice cereals and once he's adapted to porridge, can give 1 meal oatmeal/rice cereal and 1 meal porridge. So you would work towards him having 3 meals of either oatmeal/rice cereal or porridge when he is 10 months plus, before his 1st birthday.

Rachel/Tracie/C.L
Aiyoh...it seems like we don't have good chances to ballot for brand new flat... somemore when I bought our first flat 5 years ago, we took the $40K grant...so we'll have to wait up to 10 years before we could apply for a new flat. LOL... I'll stick to the upcoming home for a long time to come. Unless it gets to expensive to finance.

hi mummies...i am back from HK! The weather has been very kind to us. it was hot but not humid and breezy too. the boys enjoyed disneyland more then last yr when we were there. i guess they are bigger and braver now. it was a good break after all. btw, thanks for the puenococcal jab thingy...havent been reading papers these days. J has just hit 2, so how many jabs will that be? is there a variation depending on the age? i guess the PDs will be crowded these days.

wow..all the talks abt diapers make us feel like when we just joined this forum. I agree that NTUC is one of the cheaper one in the market. as c is not toilet trained for poo poo, we used that instead. somehow he refused to sit on the toilet bowl for big business. haiz.

hmm...fresh milk...i will buy one carton of farmhouse later for my boys. apparently, a dietician that came over to my co for some talk commented that farmhouse milk is the best as their nutrition value is higher than the other brands. she was the expert is scruntinizing the labels behind.

mamachan - wat is this with big orange? is it a storage area? aren't u moving to your new flat already?

ssf
any info where i can get in touch of this dietician?? an email or website?

good to hear your trip is so enjoyable! i wish my time can come soon as in devan be older and get to enjoy more during a getaway. but on the other hand will miss he as a baby... hiazz

rachel - eh no lei. it was some talk that my co arrange early this yr. i didnt attend the talk due to some last min mtg. but i found her under my co and sheltered her to her car as it was pouring. so managed to talk briefly and asked her abt milk brands. haha...

SSF
Big Orange is one of the few storage warehouses. Nope, I haven't even go for the 1st appt with HDB for my new place which is only end of this month. We'll be temporarily moving to my mom's for the time being. Target date to move in would be end Jan 2010.

Think we can shelve baby plans till we finally moved...easier on me too, coz seemingly I'm doing all the work, my hb just lend me his muscles and I delegate some specific tasks to my maid. They are NOT good packers at all. hai... My hb will just chuck all in one box claiming to dispose them at a later time in the new place (which I know it will never ever happen!!!!!). So I have to sieve through what is needed to be kept or to be thrown away... didn't realize we've keeping so much unused rubbish in these 5 years!!! Gosh!

C.L
I must really thank you for your contact for Big Orange. I did verbally call up ExtraSpace too and think they were too exepnsive and too many "hidden costs", it all adds up to be quite ex. Big Orange seemed nice and pleasant and we opted for the climate control storage area since we're keeping our mattresses there.
happy.gif
It also save me too much legwork...all I need is to arrange for hb to go down with me to check out the storage warehouse and their services and gauge which space area is best for us.

Mamachan
ha ha good to have pple moving and needing storage at same time because I already done the check. Ya lor extra space crazy, have to charge even more for air con and convenient location.

Agree that Big Orange is quite friendly. Buy the number lock , the driver uncle very nice he says that couple often forget keys , or lost it so he says expensive to get locksmith up.

You engaging a mover through their contact or taking their free van? For me not much bulky items to move into warehouse so we actually take the free service van

hi mummies! getting sick and tired of my current job location. its too far from hm and each day i spent like 3 hrs plus on the road. haiz! next yr would be worst as i need to drop and pick my kids from 7am to 7pm. at first, i thot i shld chg my reporting timing from 8am to 5.30pm and with car. but it seems that it will be taxing to me too having to rush here and there. after some thoughts, i finally decided to see if i can find a job in the east by early next yr. if not, i may choose to take a break and slowly find a job later. will wait till aws in dec before tender. spoke to hb and he supported me too.

mamachan - oic...are you getting a new flat or resale cos i don;t think resale is that long right? yeah i agree that man are not good packers and unpackers. haha...basically the last time i did everythg myself and to think i had no maid and 1 kid somemore. i doubt i can do the same all over again. hee..

mashy,
you are right! 317.
happy.gif
Nice layout hor. Yupz, IF we get it which I dun tink so, then its levy $45k. See how...we still waiting for someone to sell the 3-room in my MIL's block.

CL,
I also tink its the 'an zhuang' logic but doesn't make sense! if I move to 3-room flat then i buy a new bed and still hv to bring my old one...where got space??

Ya man Tracie
but already have 2 kids leh. My bil hor already sleeping with sil before marriage on the same bed so they din even an zhuang, then move to 2 house oso change bed. still doing well lah. ha ha.

Just say spoilt lor

C.L
I used their contact for mover called Jmovers. Seems ok and slightly cheaper than the contact you gave me. Hopefully they are good, already booked their services in advance and they had already given us their carton boxes 2 weeks ago. I have bulky items to store, so need a slightly bigger space than yours and propers movers.

Tracie
ahahaha, I'm keeping my existing King size frame and mattress to be used in new house coz to me still good condition leh... paid alot of money for the mattress! LOL...

Mamachan
agree. For us we know ours not a lot so we got that mover instead.

Yes agree man cannot pack one. My husband was still asking me to look at lock and store website for packing tips

I told him it does not tell much.

on the very last day. I was busy packing my sb stuff which takes up his whole car = 3 toyogo box, 4 comic box and 2 ikea box.

He was only packing 10 of my precious moment figurine. While he is eating his burger, i finish bubble wrap 25 and packed in box. Man!!!

tracie

ya, i also love the layout.
happy.gif
And it's huge for a 5 room flat. But the thought of 45k levy puts us off coz it'll effectively erode our profits from our current flat if we sell. It's the same as paying 45k abv valuation. Have u gone to check why it's back with the HDB? Coz the flat is actually quite old and i think it's repossessed flat. I wonder why. Hope it's not loanshark flat/violent death etc there. These flats are returned to HDB. By right with this good mkt, they should be selling it themselves rather than sell back to HDB at a loss.

CL

haha, i'll prob throw more than pack. My hb likes to keep things. So I always have to tell him throw away. I ask him 5yrs down the road, will he be using that thing/opening up the box. If not, throw away.

Hi mummies,

What do you do if your child came back from school crying, saying that she has to give her eraser to her friend because this friend threaten not to be her friend if she don't give her the eraser?

Will you highlight to the teacher or just forget about it?

yuki

wow, so young got bullies already. I think should highlight to teacher. At the same time perhaps ask if that 'friend' is worth being a friend to your gal if she asks for things from her. It's actually a good opportunity to teach your gal. Imagine next time when she grows up, her 'friend' threatens not to be her friend if she doesn't hand over the money, handphone or worse still her body. It could be her boyfriend next time.

Yuki
For me...I will probably just tell the child (or my boy if he ever faces such a situation) that this friend is not worth keeping then. There will always be other better friends who shares rather than just take. I will also highlight to the teacher if the child dares not to inform the teacher.

Perhaps that friend also picked up the "threaten" method from her own parents i.e. if you don't do this and this, then you will not have/get that and that.

I'll ask my child more abt the friend before deciding if it's really a "threaten" case ... my son's been telling me who doesn't friend him so many times and fren after a while ... try n find out the actual situation from her first n ask her how she feels, n if it's really so, I'll teach the child that it's not right n that she should avoid her n get her to talk to the teacher. she's got to learn how to protect herself ... my son has been coming back with missing erasers countless time too n he's clueless where they went

.ky.

mashy,
did cross my mind about it. based on the photos, the flat looks to be in original condition, ie not lived in. most prob is either divorce case or owner can't pay up. but tot since we already consulted MIL's God and he 'aprroved' this flat, I take it as its ok. If we do have a chance to select this flat, then we'll probably drop by the unit to reccee for any signs of loanshark activities. anyway highly doubt got chance so never put effort into it. :p

for the 3 units in my selected area, we went to check out 2 of them. apparrently, both units was vacant for quite sometime, about a year each. we even talked to the neighbours to check on the previous owners. all seems like they not able to pay hdb thus units was claimed by.

normally hdb will hack off all floor tiling and put up new wall and floor tiles for the bathrooms before putting them up for sale.

Nice to look for brand new house. Me now only resale ha ha neither up or down. sigh

Ky
mine too. I am forever buying stationery.

Hi Mashy, CL, Mamachan & ky

Today's episode happens to my niece. But i recall my elder girl met similar incident last year.

The friend demanded to exchange the gifts given by the school. Hers is blue and my gal's gift was pink and she like the pink one. She snatched the pink one and throw the blue one to my gal and ask her to just take it else she won;t be her friend........

Once i was in the school bus with them and i witness myself how this friend is. She told a boy who has just hop onto the school bus "XXX, today i be your friend ok? You happy or not?". The boy said shyly "yes". This girl raised her voice and said "I can't hear you! You happy or not?".......Very demanding, very manipulative.

Heard from friends that their children also have such episodes. But kids being that young, they really don't know what worthy means. So even after my explaination, my gal still think that girl is her best friend. Especially so when this friend is very manipulative and can get the rest of the class not to befriend someone.......... Hai.....

Anyway the girl graduated and my gal since has another best friend. When this friend do something nice, I always remind my gal that this is the way friends behave.

Hi Yuki

Hearing all these stories prompted me sometime ago to start thinking abt having a birthday party for my son next year just so that I can see who his new frens (+families) are. And a very experienced enrichment teacher told me she was so thick-skinned that she'll go and visit her son's classmates' parents just so that she'll get to know who her son's mixing.

ya, agree that kids are still kids n they still can't differentiate certain negative traits from others ...

.ky.

yuki- for me, i will speak to the teacher about it and get her to follow up with her mum. no bullies in school mann esp when you are such of a young age. what will happen when she grows older? personally, i feel if the child spoke up and we do nothing, next time when she gets bully again, she will also keep quiet which is not right lor.

Talking about bullies, once my gals brought their scooter to the playground. One boy wanted to play with the scooter and just took it without permission when my gal was not playing. We are fine with that. But when my gal wanted to play, he refused to return it! My mum had to interfere and ask him to return it. And guess what, he stood up and kick the scooter away!

My mum was fuming mad and scolded him for such bad behaviour and he actually shown his fist as if want to beat my mum. My mum caught hold of his hands and threatens to bring him to the police station. Then he got scared and struggle away and ran home.

The boy is a familiar face at the playground and often snatches toys etc from others. The other kids fear him. He is only 6 yet such a bully……… My mum met his grandma and highlighted the incident to her but all she can say is “yeah, he is very naughty, should scold him” but she herself does nothing…….

Hi Ky,

Yup, we should know our kids friends. I am glad to know who is who when i went to my girl's school to celebrate her birthday.

And yes, it is a good opportunity to know the other parents thru birthday party. I myself met a few parents thru birthday party. Can exchange notes on teachers, school work and even the other kids.
happy.gif

haha, now then i realise how important birthday parties are. :p Prob with my boy's birthday is that it'll be the start of school term, so no future classmates unless they all remain in the same class.

Re: snatching toys
My boy does that to my friend's kid too! He snatches his toys and 'claims' it as his. But we noticed that he only does that to my friend's kid, coz somehow these 2 just couldn't get along. My friend's kid always bully C and refuses to let him join in their games and ostracise him. He even encourages other kids to ostracise C and calls him noti. C retorted that he's noti. If u know my boy, he's hardly the type to retort that way.

C happily lent his precious handphone game (my hb's handphone) to my nieces whom he met only during CNY. And when some of my other friends came visiting with their children, he also let them play with his cars & train sets. Guess it's coz they were nice to him too.

Hi Mashy ... if u want, can always create opportunity, CNY, March school hol break gathering, National Day, Christmas, oh-it's a long weekend, let's get together ... just find some excuse :->

but i find if the school doesn't have the culture, it might be difficult to substain ... my older son's school used to have, n we still get invited after he's left for 1 yr, but never in his current school, but I tell myself dont bother since he's quite matured n he's left iwth 1 yr to go but I think when it's 6 yrs or 3 yrs, then, I'll go "invest" in a birthday party ... hehehe ...

I think it's not worth effort to scold another kid that's not yours. I did that the other day, to a bro-n-sis pair ... they are prob 8-9 yrs old and was teasing the 6 and 3 yrs old (mine included). when I go and talk to them, they can't really understand what I'm asking them to stop to do ... n grandma was also there. I didn't bother to talk to the grandma, figure if she got eyes, she can see ... n i used it as scenario to teach my kids what's good and bad behaviour... but only the older one understands, 3-yr-old still blur blur ...

.ky.

ky

agree no pt scolding another's kid unless that kid is doing something dangerous. My friend also largely ignores her son's behaviour towards C, so we step aside and see how C handles the situation himself. The two boys like 'ba zi bu he'. There was once that boy suddenly asked C to join him in the room to play. I was happy for a moment until I saw him sneaking out with other kids and left C by himself in the room. It's coz they wanted to play the toys outside which C was playing earlier. That's why i say Confucious has it all wrong. Man is not 'shan' by nature. His little sister adores C though.

mashy
Oh my....your friend's kid like very terok leh... personally, I won't like it lor, friend's kid or not... but what to do... it's just the kid and C in this case I suppose.

Yuki
That neighbourhood kid sounds like a real terror! Really no "jia jiao".

Hi Mamachan

Yup, that's the comments from other mums whose kids got 'terrorised' by this boy. The grandma leave him alone most of the time and he is trusted to go home by himself and he has to cross the car park in order to reach home. I thot 6 is kind of too young for that.

Be it we like it or not, there are school bullies everywhere. Guess what we can do is to teach our children to stand up against it and also be able to share with us the struggles they go thru.

yuki

errr... when i was this age, i was also going kindy and going back by myself. And it's not that near, i had to walk thru many blks to reach the kindy blk. I even stop by at the local mama store to pick up some snacks. :p But guess now we don't really dare let our kids do that by themselves.

Finally bought a house but can only takeover after CNY so still gotta stay at my mum's place for about 2months plus. Bought a 3-room flat in the block just beside MIL's. Of course, COV is eh high but the benefits outweigh the cost and we can purchase the flat fully now if we want and the profits from our sale can more than cover the COV. Save carpark (only need to buy one), save fuel and save alot of time travelling.
happy.gif

hi mummies,
how are you going to explain to your kiddo when he/she accidentally saw a scene of a man and woman lying naked on the bed on TV (make love)...
my this innocent boy come and asked me...mummy..why are they not wear clothes to sleep.
I really duno how to answer..and just simply tell him..opps the aircon broke down and see there is no fan..so they had to sleep with no clothes.

Back