(2005/09) Sept 2005 Babies

Sharon,
Your girl so cute,hahaha.. the way she holds spoon just like my boy, think almost all young children hold spoons that way hor..
happy.gif

Winnie,
My boy is using Huggies & Drypers (both conventional & pants type),personally i prefer Huggies cos it's more absorbent,Drypants oso not bad either.. u may want to try both & see which one u prefer then stick to it lor..

rooster,
yea,my hb in taiwan liao,so sad when sending him off, both my boy & i cried..
sad.gif
still can't get use to life without him, sigh..

Winnie,
Sorry,didn't see ur last msg.. ok,since Huggies dun suit ur girl,probably u can try Drypers,not bad & not very expensive too..

As for dou dou ban (playgroup),mayb u can try to look out those that are opened at RC,they are normally quite cheap,less than $200/mth but think it's not half day type,most of them 1.5-2hrs.. my boy is attending 1.5hrs playgroup,not bad lah.. u may want to let your girl try out first b4 putting her in half day class..

Sharon,
Ur girl so smart, can self feed liao. My boy will only mess up the whole place.

Jessica,
Dun be sad... pat pat.... u will get use to it as time goes by. U come in here to chat more often lah so u will think of ur husband so often...

Mummies,
How many times does ur boy/girl nap per day and how many hours..

My boy use to nap twice a day and 1 to 1.5 hour each. This week he only nap once a day and about 2 hours. Now train him to sleep on the matress as he used to sleep in the sarong...

hi rooster, my boy sleeps for abt 2hrs during the day too. normally, he starts getting slpy ard 1.30-2.00pm.

Jessica, *BIG HUG*, don't be sad. at least your boy keeps u busy. I bet ur husband feels even more empty being away from both of you.

Sharon, u inspired me to start teaching my Jude to self feed! now he's still using his fingers to eat.

Thanks Jessica...i will take a look at my house RC for details....May I know is ususally how many times in a week for the playgroup?

My girl sometimes...sleep 2 times but depend on when she wake up....if she wake up at 9am she will only nap one time in the afternoon for 2hrs....if she wake up at 8+ then she will sleep 2 times.....1.30+ to 2pm....then sleep for 1 hrs....

nap
My girl only nap one a day about 2hrs and sometimes she will refuse to nap then she will sleep early like 730/8pm

as self feed
i don give her a lot of porride on her bowl first
one or two scoops and on e other hand i also try to feed her..

my girl nap once only... say around 1 plus to 3plus ba.. she sleeps ard 2hrs to 3hrs, depending how tired she is ba.. :p

my gal nap once too around 1.30pm to 3.30pm/4pm
she sleep 9.30pm/10pm - 7.00pm

total : 11-11.5hour a day.
i'm quite concern over her hour of sleep.. too little, right?

rooster & lynette,
Thanks for both your concerns & supports,i'm very touched..will come in more often to chat with all of u so won't think so much..

lynette,jude is so cute! he knows how to "ban gui lian" leh..
happy.gif

Winnie,
My boy's playgroup is 5days/week,1.5hrs/day.. the centre is co-organised by RC,so it's quite cheap..i paid $135/mth & that includes the materials & snacks fee.. it's good to let them have a feel of school life 1st b4 entering them into half or full day class so they will adapt faster..

nap
My boy used to nap about 1.5-2hrs/day from 2pm-4pm before he went to playgroup.. after he attends his playgroup in morning,he naps more cos he wakes up early (my boy sleeps quite late),about 3-3.5hrs/day from 12:30-3:30pm (sometimes 4pm)..

Just for info,according to my son's prediatrician,toddlers of their age should have at least 12 to 13 hours of sleep daily..

lynette,
ur boy so cute leh. will make funny face and let u take. my boy sure can;t sit still... sure make a fuss...

jessica,
dun say that... we mummies here are to share and support ma....

my boy fell from the bed yesterday... got a big ba lu gu on his forehead.... cry and cry..... somemore yesterday we are taking our family photo... sigh... photo sure can see the ba lu gu ...

Rooster, i hope ur boy is alright! poor boy... my jude falls down or hits something every other day. there's always a cut somewhere everytime. kinda used to it(i mean me
happy.gif
).

and haha, thanks for complimenting on his cheeky look but it's irritating sometimes when i try to be stern with him and he makes that face to me!

i'm having a big problem with his poopoo. he doesn't do it every day, probably once every 2-3 days and by then the poopoo will be really hard.
sad.gif

lynette,
he is ok now but having running nose and cough. He very very cranky now.... worst still we are leaving this sunday... hope that he can recover by then.

my boy poo every day.... u let ur boy takes fruit everyday??? My taking fruit and gripe water everyday... they say gripe water might help..

hmm i havent tried gripe water for a long time. think i shld go get another bottle.
Jude HATES fruits with a passion, i wonder why!
ur son's sick? mine too! i'm so frustrated!

lynette,
my boy poo almost everyday too.. think rooster was right,u should give ur boy fruits everyday,it will help him to poo & soften stool if he has constipation; as for gripe water,my boy dun like it at all,he always spit it out,so in the end,i give up giving him lor..

rooster,
so u leaving this sunday,"yi lu shun feng"! hope can still see u chating in this thread everyday..
btw,how's ur boy? hope he's better now! my boy falls down every now & then too,he's too active,likes to run round the house & jump up & down the sofa,bed,etc..so there's always bruises on his forehead,hands,legs,me used to it liao..
happy.gif

lynette,
unlike ur boy,mine loves fruits esp grapes,kiwi,strawberry (he loves fruits tat r bit of sour & sweetness)..

nowadays weather no good,my boy also jus recover from flu & fever,but still have cough & running nose..

these few days my girl poo poo also very hard...my mil called it "chocolates", she drank a lot of water, eat fruits everyday...., and she poopoo everyday also....

dunno why her poo poo is still so hard....

Hee Hee found my girl a cheap playgroup in Bukit Batok area.... only $330 per term inlcude materials....but is 2hrs a day from Monday to Friday.....

winnie lucky you.. my queenstown area doesn't seem to have any cheap ones. one absurd playclass quoted me $800 for a 3 hrs program. I almost puke blood! i guess most kindys here cater to expats only.
If anyone knows of any cheap kindys in queenstown area, tell me!

Mommies,
How many times & milk (ml or oz)does your boy/girl drink per day? Which is the brand better for fussy baby (my boy is super fussy)? Any recommendation? Any mommy still breastfeeding your baby?

hi jessica,

My boy is drinking 240ml of milk, 2 times a day. If your boy is fussy with milk, you can give him other calcium-rich food like cheese or yogurt
happy.gif

hi jessica

Sabrina now drinking 200ml, 3 times a day
Do u want try to feed ur son fresh milk ? some strawberry fav ?

hey mummies, how do you teach yr kids ABC or 123?? I realised I have not been doing my part.. *so guilty.. any tips pleaseeee?!

Jessica: my girl drinks 4 times of 140ml milk. Morning, before her nap time, 5-6pm (cos she is in childcare now) and before her nite sleep. She is drinking Enfagrow - vanilla flavour :D

Aiyo now still breastfeeding.. pei fu pei fu.. heehee

Fussy ah.. hmm, did u try the Pediasure?? I got the chocolate flavour for my girl but she dun like. If you wan, I can pass it to you.. Let me noe :D

Other then baby's milk, my girl likes to drink my cold fresh milk, other then that I got her small packet milk (choco or strawberry) for her :D

hope tis helps :D

Mommies,
Thanks for all your advise & recommendation!

lysm,
My boy dun like cheese as well, he only takes yogurt drink which have mixed fruit flavour,sigh..
sad.gif

sharon,
What brand of fresh milk can i give? any recommendation?

Ling,
I tried Pediasure b4,chocolate flavour too but he dun like it leh,sigh.. yup,my boy loves to drink my cold fresh milk too but can't give him cos he had cough.. btw,heard fm friends it's not advisable to give low fat milk to baby cos this is what they need most now,is it true? What brand of packet milk do you give to your girl?

Mommies,
Can share what you give to your boy/girl for breakfast, lunch & dinner? Me cook until out of idea liao, moreover my boy is very fussy in food (need to take 1~2hrs to feed him), any recipe to share? Thanks!

Jessica: hmm, those packet drinks loh.. erm, they have cartoon pictures on the box.. No specific brand.. I see which cartoon cuter then i buy loh.. haha.. But i nvr try the doraemon one...

hi jessica,

For breakfast i'm giving my boy: cheerios soak with fresh milk, cornflakes soak with fresh milk, bread, cheesecake, muffins, oats, bread with egg toast.

Lunch: usually i cook porridge (1 meat mix with veggies)

Dinner: pasta with cream sauce or rice with a saucy dish, sometimes with soup

Actually, i also run out of ideas what to cook, but luckily my boy not fussy with food. Sometimes I will cook tofu steam with meat, some stews, fried egg with tomato, steam fish, etc. I will see what I can find in the fridge then cook for my boy.

jessica, i recently cooked this very simple soup. it's definitely a keeper for my son. He actually asked for more!

It's very simple, just bring to boil pork ribs, carrots, sweetcorn, onions together then simmer for about 1hr or until the flavour comes out. then add tomatoes, simmer a bit longer. add salt if u want. the soup should taste really sweet. sometimes i use the soup as a stock to cook his porridge and mash the carrots and tomatoes to add to the porridge.
794809.jpg

try it and tell me whether it works for u!

hey Lynette... i find the products very interesting... U hv intention to buy?? :p

Corn! one of my girl's favourite food...

Anyone of you hvg maid??

ling, erm wat products? i'm only interested in their <u>FREE</u> A-B-C learning sites ..kekeke

i dun have a maid, dun trust them :p

Hi Mummies,

Long time didn't log in. I think i have miss out lots of information from u mummies.

I am just arrived in Australia on Sunday. I am still adjusting myself here. The weather is cold and i have fall sick. Sigh. I miss Singapore.... I want to go back.... sob sob...

Check with u all ah.... wat type of fish do u all give ur child? Wat are the fish that should not give.. Now here all in English leh... so dunno wat kind of fish it is... Wat is Ngoh fish in english?

hi rooster,

I gave salmon, cod fish & threadfin to my boy. Occasionally I gave red groupa also. Ngoh fish is called threadfin in english.....
happy.gif

hi ling and coffeedrinker

i dun save or download them, just visit the website everytime. but i'm worried abt exposing my son to too much tv and computer. i dun think it's very good for the eyes. but then how?!

coffeedrinker, u really like coffee isit? me too! hahaha... wat brand of coffee do u like?

Rooster, awww.. big hugs to you... cheer up ok.. there's nothing much we can do here except to give u our <u>moral support</u>. as for the fish problems, just stick to salmon and cod for time being? is it difficult to get pork in australia? i think silverfish is rich in calcium and very similar to ikan bilis. if u want, i can get some silverfish recipes for u.
Do get well soon, as your kid need you to be strong to look after him well. be brave!

Thanks Lysm.

Thanks Lynette for ur moral support. Actually we can get pork here too. I think it has almost everythings. So not too bad lah. But must stock up loh cause they only open during weekends. I can get ikan bilis too. If u dun mind, please share with us your recipes.

Mummies.

Enjoy ur weekends. Big hugs from here...

Mommies,
Was out of town for the past few days so not able to greet everyone happy mother's day,hope my belated wishing still bring on happiness to everyone! May all of you have a "Wonderful Mother's Day!!"
happy.gif

Btw,why suddenly our thread become so quiet? Pls keep it running so as our sept's babies will have a chance to meet up with their peers of same month!

rooster,
Hope u r getting better & have settled down already.. Keep going,u have all our supports!

hi rooster, now i wonder why i asked u such a stupid question abt pork. the pork in NTUC and cold storage comes from australia wat! silly me!

right now i'm getting desperate abt weaning my son off the pacifier. Any mummies let your toddlers use the pacifier? any plans to wean them off soon?

hello mummies....
Long time no log in....been busy now adays.....

The first time i bought Zoey on plane is when she is 18mths....on April to Taiwan....
801853.jpg
\

lucky Zoey
happy.gif
she's so cute with the ponytail. Sometimes i wish i have a girl to mess with her hair haha...

winnie, how is it like bringing a toddler to taiwan? is it toddler friendly?

hi lynette,

haha thanks for the compliment :), sometimes really hope she doesn't have so much hair...as too much pespire...sweat all the time....and soemtimes she is naughty....don't let us tie her hair....will pull it off.... haha

Taiwan is quite toddler friendly....As i go on a free and easy trip...we always go on the MRT...their mrt is just like us got to take the lift....and all those places we went have path for the stroller to go also....

In big shopping mall.....they even have a storey specially for kids and baby....like toy shop...baby stuffs....playgroud....

Not bad...

long time did not take photo for her.. shock to know that she knows how to pose for photo when I say :"mummy take photo for you, ok?" she she start posing continuously
807306.jpg
807307.jpg
807308.jpg
807309.jpg

Lynette
Indeed , I love coffee but I still keep it to max 2 cups a day..start of the day must be the coffee..MUST!
well, I still did not have any plan to wean off her pacifier as it the power thing that make her falls asleep faster and easier..

I thought there is a gathering/meet up or I have mistaken..

My gal love to eat.. A party with lot of toddler's food will be nice.. heehee.

I have a crazy idea.. How about Botanic garden.. a picnic with food, balls, bubbles..

Back