(2005/09) Sept 2005 Babies

jesslou

Hello Mommies, starting this thread to get to know mommies who have toddlers of the same age.

I am a SAHM with 1 boy of 18months, borned in Sept 05. Hope to hear from all of you soon!
kao_cheers.gif

Hi there, im FTWM with a gal now 18mths... born last day of sept.. hehe.. nice knowing you :D

where you staying??

Hi Ling,
So co-incidence,my boy oso born last day of sept!
kao_happy.gif
Welcome & glad to know you!
Me staying at Woodlands,how abt u?

haha.. isit?? which hospital did u deliver?? Im from TMC.. scary u are my room mate.. :p

Im staying CCK.. quite near oso :p

hahaha...lucky we are not room mate,i delivered at Mount Alvernia.;)

yea,we living quite near to each other,next time can bring our babies out tog.
happy.gif

Hi Jessica & Ling,

I have a 18mths old boy too. I am a SAHM. Me staying in North east... quite far from you all.

so envy both of u SAHM! sobx

wat do yr do with your boys everyday?? are they attending any playgroup or such??

My girl is with nanny currently... Will be sending her childcare ba when she turn 2 yrs onwards

Hi Ling,

No need to envy me lah... I envy u too..... Actually I only become SAHM for a month. Quite tiring to be a SAHM loh... i prefer to work leh...

My boy always stay at home with me... I seldom bring him out... once a while will only bring him to compasspoint for breakfast..... or bring him down to playground.... In the afternoon, i will let him watch his favourite show, read and play with him..... Boring life hor....

Hi jessica,

How u spend time with ur son?

Hi Rooster, welcome to the thread!

My boy's attending playgroup now, is only 1.5hrs session so he can mix ard with children of his age!

Haha..how i spend time with my boy ah? Emmm...he wakes up ard 8am, then prepare him to go his playgroup at abt 9am, come home abt 11am, then have lunch, bathe & nap! He will wake up abt 3pm, then we will start our playtime, watch tv, etc.. me also seldom bring him out lor, only once or twice a week, esp these days, weather is so unpredictable!

Ling, no need to envy us lah, u can be 1 too! Interested to join us? ;)

rooster: why suddenly decided to quit job?? U miss you boi isit?? hehe

I really wish I can stay at home to look after my girl... :p

jessica: saw u jump to May babies section.. hehe.. Do they accept 18mths baby??

I send my girl for class on wkns only... 1hr playgroup for her to mingle with children her age.. quite fun though :D

Hi Ling,

I quit my job is because my husband is being posted oversea for 3 years. So no choice need to follow him....

Jessica,

Do you cook? How long have u be a SAHM?

welcome sharon

I think rooster staying sengkang/punggol area oso.. :p

we have 2 each in nearby district, and 2 gers 2 bois oso.. hehe

Ling,

Yes, will be leaving spore soon.... should be early next month......

Sharon,
Welcome... currently i am staying at sengkang.... U SAHM?

Hi Ling,

Haha.. so u saw me at May Babies section ah?!;) Yup,they accept my boy,joined them cos hope to learn more things fm mommies whom hv older babies. Start this thread is bcos hope to get to know mommies who have toddlers of the same age,we can share similar experiences & topics tog!
happy.gif
Yup,toddlers of their age need to mingle ard so they can have more friends & learn things faster,playgroup is a good plc for them!Probably u can consider sending your ger to daily playgroup,she will enjoy company of her friends!

Rooster,

Yea,i do cook for my boy but for myself & hb,normally we eat out,seldom cook cos hv no time,my boy clinch onto me a lot,he will want me to carry him esp when he saw me busy in kitchen,sigh.. i hv been a SAHM since birth of my boy (hv problem with my MIL though she's very much willing to take care of him),give up my job in an IT firm (a very hard decision to make) & take care of him wholeheartedly! Actually my hb will also be posted to oversea,he will be leaving next wk but we will not be following him now,wait till he settles down then he will send for us,probably end of the year.

Sharon,welcome!

Hi, Thanks for welcome me on board

Rooster
Good! aleast u are near me. Currently I'm looking for a job. just quit my 6 years job in Feb 07
I staying Blk 158B rivervale crescent.izzit near u?

Jessica,

My boy also clinch onto me a lot...especially in the kitchen too... he simply cant play on his own.... I feel very tired cause dun have my own time.

Normally wat did u cook for ur boy? I out of ideas already.... cook till headache.... Now i am staying with my mum so she will help to cook the dinner loh...

Yes, it is a tough decision to give up ur job but i think overall it is still worth it rite? Ur hubby going oversea next week?? U not following him??? U can manage ah??? Where will he be posted to??

My hubby currently in australia for a 4 mths liao. He is coming back next week and we will go over together in early May..

Sharon,

Me staying at blk 202... think not so near leh... mine is near compasspoint...

Looking for a job??? U mean u not going to be SAHM??? cant take it ah... hahhaha..

Rooster,

Haha..so we have same problem here!;p yea,i only have some free time when my boy's nap in the aftn,but sometimes b4 i can do anything he already wakes up liao!
sad.gif

Most of the time,i cook porridge for him...me too,out of ideas,dunno what to cook for him,he eats little & is a very fussy eater...me really headache!at least u better lah,hv mum to cook dinner for u,i hv to depend on myself...

Yup,u're right!although it's a tough decision but finally i made it & it's really worthwhile...yes,my hubby is leaving next saturday,my boy & i will stay here probably until mid or end of the year...my mum will be here to help me but most of the time i will still be alone with my boy lor...he will be posted to Taiwan & probably need to stay there for few years,we will follow him aft he has settled down...

morn ladies...

welcome coffeedrinker... finally a FTWM... the ladies here good life all not working.. hehe

Ling - gal - 30 Sept - CCK - FTWM
Jessica - boy - 30 Sept - Woodlands - SAHM
Coffeedrinker - gal - 17 Sept - Woodlands - FTWM
Rooster - boy - ? - Sengkang - SAHM
Sharon - gal - 20 Sept - Sengkang - ?

Ladies, help me with the "?" portion ok... :D

welcome, coffeedrinker.

Ling,

Where got good life.... I got no choice.....

Rooster - boy - 18 Sept - Sengkang - SAHM

Jessica,

My boy opposite from ur boy. He dun like my porridge. He prefers rice with gravy. Normally, i will just cook soup with kway teow or mee suan for him.

U going taiwan ah... nice place leh.... so ur boy no need to go to school during ur stay there?

Hi coffeedrinker, welcome to the thread!

Ling,

We not good life leh, can be very tedious at times & tired too..

rooster,

Haha..u r wrong, my boy dun like my porridge too..
sad.gif
At least your boy likes rice with gravy, mine simply dun like anything,he only ate to his mood, so i hv to prepare fruit for him to go with his porridge..

Probably i will send him to international school for toddlers at taiwan, dunno yet.. how abt u? Will ur boy be attending any school at australia?

Jessica,

Will not be sending him to any school. Since we are there for 3 years and by the time we are back he will be in K1. So during, my 3 years stay there, i will need to coach him. The school over there in Aust. is very expensive... not able to afford.

Is this ur 1st child? Do you intend to have another over make in Taiwan?

hi all,

My boy is born on Oct 2005.I would like to join this thread as I saw a number of SAHM here.

I quitted my job last May to follow my husband to Pakistan. Dun know how long we will be here thou. But we will send hin to International school when he's 3 years old. Now, he's only goning to playgroup once a week.

My boy also very clinky to me especially in the kitchen too. He will always want me to carry him, think it's because he cannot see much from his level. I will let him play with the pots and pans, yesterday let him peel a hard boiled egg, and today wash his toys in a pail of water. This will allow me to prepare his meals as well as our dinner.

Thou I am now in Pakistan, I am a Sengkang resident.

Hi Elaine, welcome to the thread! Your husband been posted to Pakistan to work? Are u able to get use to the life-style there since it's a total diff country? U live in the city? Issit safe?

rooster,

so u will be coaching ur boy yourself,good too as u will be able to assess his progress & take care of him personally..

Yes,he is my 1st child..thinking of hving 2nd baby next yr but haven't confirm yet (quite scary leh) Haha.. hv a "Make in Taiwan" baby is quite interesting,can consider.. ;) How abt u? Do u intend to have a baby "Make in Australia"?
happy.gif
btw,will u be able to access internet in australia? if yes,then good,can still chat with u..

Jessica,

Yes, able to access internet in Aust. Will definetly keep in touch with all of u.

I am also thinking of having no 2 next year. I ask you.... I have done a pre-pregnancy check up before ttc my 1st child.... now thinking of having no 2... do you think should go for another check up?

Jessica & Rooster,

Yes, my husband is posted to Pakistan for work. So only my husband, boy and I are here. It's still safe to go out except that maybe it's too polluted to go out too often.

At first, I have a hard time getting used to being a SAHM and in a foreign country alone, but it gets better now. Of course, I try not to think too much also. Really miss the shopping in Singapore!

We are also trying to conceive our 2nd baby, but I will definitely have to go back to Singapore to deliver the baby and will stay in Singapore until the baby receive the full vaccination (about 6 months old). I am very reluctant to be away from my hubby but no choice.

Rooster,
how are you coping without your husband? Does your child miss Daddy?

All mummies,
Does your child still wake up in the middle of the night? Mine do. He wake up, and takes such a long time to get back to sleep.

rooster,

For me, i didn't go for any pre-pregnancy checkup,we conceived our 1st baby naturally & it's a healthy pregnancy.. i checked with my gynae b4 abt the checkup,he said if we are sure of our own health,there's no need to go for any checkup.. but of course it's optional,if u r uncertain & want to play safe,no harm doing a checkup b4 having 2nd pregnancy.. btw,do u have any concern regarding this?

Elaine,

Yes,actually i'm also very reluctuant to be away from my hubby but no choice,we have to be separated for the 1st few months so that he can get everything done b4 sending us.. my hubby leaving s'pore next sat,we will be sending him off,dunno how to face the sad situation,sigh..
kao_cry.gif
my boy will surely miss his daddy cos he's very close to him..

Yes,my boy still wake up in middle of the night to have his feeding,he will wake his daddy & play with him for a while then go back to sleep satisfactorily,it's a norm for both daddy & baby,hahaha..

Hi Elaine,

Currently i am staying with my mum. He misses his daddy very much (this few weeks only). He keeps asking me, Pa Pa where???? He will drag me to the room and look for pa pa (his photo lah. I think he really miss his pa pa leh cause when pa pa not around, he has to stay at home with me all day long even weekend. Pa Pa will always bring us out during his free time.... guess that is the reason when he keeps asking for Pa Pa...

My husband coming back next friday... so i guess i need to bear for another week... it is tough to take care of him alone.... stressful... i lost 2kg liao.....

Jessica,

For the check up, it is just to play safe lah... not so much concern... i guess i am just be KS...hahhahah...

I think for the first few weeks, it will be tough without your hubby around... but i think you will be able to get it over quickly. As for your son, i think he is still young so not much a concern... just tell him daddy work work.... and keep repeating and eventually he will understand....

For us, we did not send him off... just like you... dunno how to face the sad situation... thus, choose not to send.....

I think i am the lucky one... my boy can sleep through liao since he is 8 mths old...

rooster,

ok,probably i can go for checkup too,me oso KS mummy leh..
happy.gif
so u went to ur gynae's clinic for checkup or somewhere else?

yup,i already prepared to be sad for first few weeks,guess will get through it slowly..me already start telling my boy that his daddy will b going overseas to work,hope he can understand..

rooster & elaine,

what arrangement both of u have for your flat? Do u all rent,sell or just leave empty? i still have not make any decision,any suggestion?

Jessica and Rooster,

My husband also went to Pakistan first to settle everything and sent for us 4 months later. I cried at the airport too and went to stay with my mum during that period. But at that time, my boy was only few months old, so the imapct is not really there. Hence, I worry about the second time we are going to be apart this time round.

Anyway, the expats here always go back home during summer holidays with their children for 2.5 months leaving their husbands here. So I try to tell myself it's just a normal process.

Rooster,
I would love to lose 2 kg, cos I still have the flabby tummy till now. Wahh ha ha!

Jessica,
We leave the flat empty cos we want to have a place to stay whenever we go back. Also, we feel that renting it out may be more of a hassle, worrying about your tenant.

All mummies,
I just saw my son's top molar teeth coming out. He only has 4 teeth at the top and 3 at the bottom. How come molar teeth will come out first? Thought they grow in sequence.

Hello mummies out there,

Can I join this thread? Was glad to see a thread solely for Sep05 babies. My boy is born on 10sep05. I'm currently working from home
happy.gif

Jessica,

That time i went to normal gp for check up. But this time round, not too sure where to go for checkup. Maybe, normal gp will do loh.

I know it is sad to go through all this without hubby not by your side. I have been going through all these for years.... he have to travel quite often.... I remember the last time he was away for a year (that is the longest) but is before we got married lah... I think it is tough especially during weekend. I hate to go out during weekend because i will envy those family.... anyway, thats is life....

We leave the flat empty too... same concern as Jessica...

Elaine,

Even though, i lost 2kg but my tummy still flabby lah... i also dunno where i lost my 2kg... no different... hahahha

lysm,

Welcome... where you stay?

Elaine - boy - ? Oct - PARKISTAN - SAHM
lysm - boy - 10 Sept - ? - Working from home

Please help fill in the "?" mummies.. :D

Elaine: My girl doesn't wake up at night... hmm, but on a on off basis bah.. occasionally she will ask for milk and after tat will go back to sleep... But it happens before, out of the blue for a week at times, she will wake up ard 3plus 4 and start smiling at us. haha very cute but faint wor.. wana sleep leh... hehe

All my teeth are out.. I tink the molar coming out now cos she keeps stuffing tings into her mouth again.. but I nvr check out already anot.. hehe.. I guess working mum abit not attentive.. ops.. :p

Lysm: ya, where u staying?? so nice to work from home... Any lobang for me, I wana work from home too... :D

Hi rooster & Ling,

I'm a Sengkang resident....

Ling,
Actually working from home can be very stretched cos have to balance work & family. He gets upset when he sees me working at the computer & his hands will be touching everything near the computer area, so to ease the frustration, most of the time I will work when he naps & after he goes to bed at night.

lysm - boy - 10 Sept - Sengkang - Working from home

Elaine,

When u plan to come back s'pore? For children think it's not so bad cos they still dun really understand what's happening.. my boy too,although i kept telling him daddy will be away,but seems that he's still very happy leh.. yalor,i'm thinking to leave our flat empty too,at least can come as & when we like & still have a house of your own to stay..

For my boy,he had his 1st tooth pretty early,think abt 5mths.. He got all his tooth liao (as well as molar) so i hv to brush his tooth every morning & night..

Hi lysm,

of course u can join,welcome to the thread! so u working at home,so nice.. me also looking for job that can work at home,any lobang? ;) btw,what type of work are u doing?

Ling,

Finally u back to the thread,u have been missing for weeks.. saw u at "Any mommies for playgroup?" thread,hahaha.. if interested,we can set up a playgroup for our babies but of course have to find a plc that is convenient for all of us.. Any plan?

rooster,

Has ur hubby came back to s'pore? u leaving with him soon hor,so envy.. me still have to wait for few more months..

Hi Jessica,
I'm working for a typographical and digital stock imagery company.....doing web support like inputing & troubleshooting website contents

Hi Mummies,

I just have no mood to post now.

There is a little girl in OCT 05 thread who is in citrical condition now. We are hoping that there is a miracle. We are praying for her recovery.

Hope that you mummies, can spare some time to pray for this little girl. Thank you.

Ling

My boy is born on 18th October 2005.

lysm
Welcome! Yah, it's tough to work from home cos really need to find a balance.

All mummies,
it's really sad to read about the gal's case in the Octo thread. Really hope she will be strong and pull through.

Hi, I know tis a forum mainly for mummies.
Tis a daddy here, but my wife doesn't do the internet. SAHM
Our boy was born on Sep 2005.
Can post & discuss bringing up kiddy things here too?

Sharon - gal - 20 Sept - Sengkang - FTWM

HI, welcome to all new mummies and daddy

Rooster - boy - 18 Sept - Sengkang - SAHM
Sharon - gal - 20 Sept - Sengkang - FTWM

Welcome, Cyruslll. Ask your wife to chat here. We are very nice mummies... heheheh..

Jessica,

Dun envy me... i also went through that for 4 mths. Now finally he will be back on Friday but whole family leaving SIN soon...

I ask you mummies ah... how heavy is your kid now. Mine 14kg leh... isnt is too big??? Can share your kid meal schedule.

haiz... im firing my nanny... Bringing my girl to childcare next monday le... Hope she can adapt.. will keep you gals updated...

My girl oso small size one... long time nvr weigh but i tink oso 9 or 10kg ba... Duno nanny lousy or wat!
sad.gif

Jessica: Luv to mit up man! must arrange loh cos Im working leh.. keke

Cyruslll, welcome here.. teach your wifey to online lah.. once she here, she will get addicted haha.. Where do your stay?? :D

Back