(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

yeah, been very very quiet.. let me share something, about my maid...

about 3 weeks ago, I came home after dropping Justyn at school. Was suppose to go office andhence maid was not expecting me. When I went into the house, Symone was alone up the staircase and maid was up in the room making a call. I fumed! Because she was not looking after Symone who has barely learnt to walk at that time. I raised my voice at her, also found that she was using a mobile phone which she claimed a friend posted her because she owed her money.

Told her to pack her stuffs straightaway and I am sending her back to agency/indonesia that instant. she asked not to be sent back, I insisted she packed. She said she will kill herself if I send her back. Ran to the kitchen and took the chopper. I was carrying symone and atlas, managed to persuade her to put the chopper down. She cried for a chance, and said that she do not want to go back. She was calling her husband and found out that her daughter passed away. That was 1 week ago. Husband did not dare to inform her as he think she will not be able to take the news well, as this is her 4th child. All previous 3 did not survive. 1 was stillborn (strangled by umb cord), the other 2 were a pair of twins and got dengue. This gal passed away bcos of dengue and family did not have money to send her to hospital in time.

I was alone at home, carried symone with key and hp, prepared to run anytime she goes bersek again. Called hubby who rushed home in mid of mtg and also the agency to collect her.

Even if she had not threaten to kill herself, she is also in no state of mind to look after sym. While waiting for agency, she was crying and in state of shock that her limbs went frozen and was unable to move. i had to massage her and get her to breathe deeply. Thank god, I went home else I would not have imagine if anything would have happened...

Currently, I am maid-less. MIL was good, she is coming in daily to watch the kids when I need to work. Of course, I have to do the housework. maid agency has no suitable profiles either... sigh

<font color="aa00aa">tsp:
oh dear.
sad.gif

that must been really traumatic for you. i mean, how is she? if i were her, i would be hysterical too.
sad.gif

i guess you have to be there for her as well. sigh... do update us. </font>

tsp,
OMG!! What a scare you must hard. Consider sending Symone to Child care instead? Will that be a better choice? I thought the work you're in now is pretty flex?

hallo...

me back from my tired biz trip....

what TSP, must be really difficult and scary at that point of time...... that y alot of of pple say never left young child with maid house alone.... so now how.... still haven't got a maid.... i think u might want to consider the suggestion by Meow to a infant care instead if under 18 month though it might be a bit steep....

btw glynnis ear review is better now but still havent full discharge still need to monitor in 6 month times.... plus gerald is getting more n more out of hand.... i was thinking whether need to send him for any review with the doc anot... coz when i'm not around for 1 week, my mother feedback my boy will suddenly getting very angry with himself while playing.... i'm getting concern....

Krazy/Meow/poshies,
yeah, scary experience to be threatened at knife point. She is now with another employer without small kids. Come to think of it, I regretted signing the release letter. Should have sent her back to Indonesia. She has not repay her loan yet too.

Symone has a foul temper. If she is upset, she throws herself on the floor, hitting her head at times. Not easy to pacify her. Not sure if it is a good idea to put her in infant care. Got a new maid, should be in soon.

Meow, yes, work is flexible which is a blessing in disguise. Actually, a SAHM is a lot of work and the last 2.5 yrs experience is enough.. :p

<font color="aa00aa">tsp:
got your message on FB.. hee...

so i am leaving you a message here.. i live in the simei.. you can either pick up from me in the east or north.. just let me know so that i can make arrangement.
happy.gif
</font>

Anyone is a fan of Pooh? I didn't manage to post it on friday but its not too late to share now...

Bt Timah Plaza(the one with NTUC finest) has a sale on children's ware with brands like Angelic Eyes, Barbie, Disney princess, Pooh. Prices are going at $3, $5, $8, $10, $15-19, 1pc for $4 or 3pcs for $10. Sales ends on 12 Sept. I bought a pooh raincoat at $4 only. Sizes there are S and M. Mostly sizes there are 4, 10, 12 and 14.

Hello mummies,

if u looking for chinese enrichment class why don't u check out Berries. Joshua has been with them since last year and he has pick up chinese fast. From one who doesn't speak chinese and recognise words or even write, he has pick up a lot and is better then most of his peers.

hi mummies,

long time no post... how's everyone?? mi still the same lah, juggling work n kids as hubby posted overseas... kids grow older, fight more often, i vomit blood more often... ahahaha...

since now i'm alone wif the kids (of cos wif my mum's help) on weekends, thinking of sending them for enrichment classes to pass time n reduce their tv watching hrs... need your comments on the following :

for K (5yo)
1. julia gabriel - reader &amp; Writers program
2. I can read

for S (3yo)
1. Julia Gabriel - edudrama
2. i can read

i looking for classes that they can attend at the same venue and same timing... any other programmes that u ladies recommend?? k is currently attending kumon maths cos its near my parents place... my parents are sending n picking him... as for chinese, i think k's sch is sufficient, he is writing chinese words n starting hanyu pin yin loh so i think shld be ok right??

Thanks in adv for all your comments ok?? heee

<font color="0077aa"> Sweatcorn,

I like the way you describe as they grow older, we vomit blood more often... once the 2 boys are together, the play time usually ends in fights... I hate Saturdays when I have to juggle 2 fighting boys and a 10 week old sister who constantly need attention alone with a maid ...

Like you, I am thinking of getting a swim coach for the 2 boys on Sat morning (since I can't bring them to swim that I used to do without mei mei) to reduce their "idle" time... Mummies, any good coach for recommendation?</font>

dewdrops, k used to attend swimming class on sat mornings but hv stopped since we moved... his instructor is a male... u can pm me if u interested...

SC,
sorry cant comment on i can read or JG since i didnt send both there but S did try their trial. Cant K read yet? If not then maybe need to brush up his skills. S is reading all by herself without much coaching

SC,

I can read is mainly on a reading program... can K read? If he can, then probably not necessary. What you can do is get him to read books daily to build vocabulary
happy.gif

is kumon math good? What do they teach? the 4 maths operation ( +, -, x, etc)? I had been trying to decide whether to send S to kumon or mpm for the longest time.

re: hypy

is it a norm to teach pin ying so early? Quite a few school I been to said they will teach towards the end of the K2 so as not to be confused with english phonics.

I tend to agree and refrain from teaching my kids any hypy. I also discourage them to use hypy to read. At this age, they should learn as many chinese characters as possible. I dun really agree with the MOE's way of using hypy so extensively in P1, its like walking backwards. I remembered we used to learn hypy later on in primary school then use it as the basis.

poohy/meow,
it depends on how u define reading lah... if i give him a simple book (1-2 sentence a page), some words he still needs to be prompted...

hypy,
his sch started them on hypy since mid last yr... learning the main ones... yes its pretty confusing btw hypy n phonics... some words are alike yet some are different... as for chinese vocab, he can recognise simple chinese characters but if u give him ting xie, i think cannot make it loh... ahahahaha...

poohy,
based on k's level, he is not yet into math operations... the teacher will access which level that the kid shld take up... i oso had the same dilemma as u... end up i choose kumon cos its near my parent's place... but i think mpm will be more interesting as they uses models and visualisation for teaching... i oso heard mpm is geared towards MOE's curiculum...

sc,
K's school so fast start wz hypy. D's school i remembered i was told they will only start in K2 and the reason is the same, do not want to confuse them wz phonics. She's attending Berries and Berries will also start in K2 only.

re: P1 preparatory class
I am wondering should I send her to such class next year. Whenever i think of she's entering P1 very soon, really make me very nervous and wondered if she is ready. Sigh...

tigger,
i hate to think of this. Next year, i need source for somewhere to put her from Term 2 onwards for K2, then plan her P1 registration, and hunt for a house.

san,
yes the sch started... so not oni he is confused, i'm oso confused sometimes... i juz based on the text book to revise wif him... ahahahaha... blind leading the blind...

u old at student right??? send her back there lah... no need to think so much...

yes i oso hv the same thots... wondering if he is ready... i think i more nervous than him... ahahahaha...

SC/tigger,
if i put her at Ai Tong, no care giver. Don't think my mil able to handle her as still have another niece/nephew at her place. If follow with my mum to the East, then i got to give up on Ai Tong.

But most headache now is to settle her balance 9mths in K2. Its only left wz 9 mths before she proceed to P1 but yet, she need to change to a new pre-school and adjust herself in a new environment again.

SC,
S reads books with many wordings and less picture kind. I was surprise the first time she can read the word gasped and i was like huh?! So after then now she's reading books for age 7 kind. But her chinese sucks thou i send her to Tien Xia. Ask her what she learn today and she cant even say them. Her chinese very very bad...

San,
That's headache leh...even take school bus also might be problem. I hate going thru that cycle of P1 registration. Like for me wanted to register her to southview also kanna rejected being a PV
sad.gif

meow,
your s can read so well. mine only simple words.

sc,
orh, cause my bro shifting out fr his current SK place to the east around Mar/Apr next year. So when he shift next year, i will have to change her school and also care giver problem as well. Its tough to send her up and down fr North to East every morning. So another headache as well.

San,

Why dun you consider childcare/student care instead? In that case, dun have to rely on caregiver, you can fetch her home after work from the childcare or student care when she goes Pri 1.

tigger,
quite hard cos' everyday reach home only about 8.30 pm or later. So she still needs someone place to c/o her and have her dinner before we can fetch her back.

hi meow,
u reject been a PV for school, if the pri school u have in mind within the same zone as your house? if yes, you can consider volunteer within your rc, it have the same advantage as School OV, but it give u more choice as the RC volunteer, you can to same priority as the PV but u can pick any school within the same zone of your zone and not just 1 primary school...

talking about reading.... i giving up on gerald.... u know what he simple refuse to read.... har.. .that day i was play those word card with my gal... she can even recognise 花 but my boy can't.... i nearly fainted.... but this mummy no good... i din really read to him..... haiz... thinking need to start some where after he finished his coz with focus the family...

poshies,
the sch in mind is not the same zone as my rc.
sad.gif
I give up le, once get in jus apply for reserve lor

I think boys are like that. My boy also dun really into reading. Now only go library to borrow his fav books or related books to transportation lor

San,
read to her more lor. Now i ask her to read on her own. Unless she too tired then i read to her.

hi meow,
hopefully it is like that lor... coz recently i met an old friend her boy was suppose to be in Pri 1 this year, she told me her boy need counselling.... then was told by my collegue who boy was in the same Childcare with her, that previously her Childcare teacher actually advise her that her boy was not ready for Primary 1, ask whether she want to stay 1 more year in K2, she refuse now her boy is coping badly in Pri 1.... that cause me to worry......

anyway my boy had completed his cause with focus family... will be doing his review maybe next week that hope the result is positive....

well is that is the case then no point for PV or volunteer... actually after my friend case... i was thinking should i stress myself for my boy primary school... even if he is good school but can't cope also having issues... sa my case... i think i can put my boy to rivervally pri as my hubby from river vally.

hi meow,
u reject been a PV for school, if the pri school u have in mind within the same zone as your house? if yes, you can consider volunteer within your rc, it have the same advantage as School OV, but it give u more choice as the RC volunteer, you can to same priority as the PV but u can pick any school within the same zone of your zone and not just 1 primary school...

Dewdrops,

i think tat plain rice cereal is meant for 4 mths &amp; above. Research shows 4 mths start, not so good on the bb digestive system. so i believe Heinz take tat prodts off the shelf liao ler.

<font color="0077aa">Twinklets,

Nerelle is coming to 6 months already. You mean if reach 6 months can take flavoured cereals? I am looking for plain ones so that can mix bm and real fruits.</font>

twinklets,
yup.... probably everyone is busy..

Dewdrops,
why not start with porridge since Nerelle is reaching 6 mths?

dewdrops

6 mths better take those plain cereals. Nestle have those plain ones.. u may wanna give to Nerelle first.

have u try on individual real fruit puree on Nerelle yet? have to test out allergy first rite..

poshies,

got xmas party meh?

tsp,

ya think everyone busy..

<font color="0077aa">Hi TSP and Twinklets,

I bought some bellamy plain cereals to start her off. Now still learning to swallow, taking 2 FM scoops of cereals only. I seem like a newbie again when coming to wean to solids. Forgot how Xavier and Iden went through it. From plain cereals to adding puree fruits with cereals to plain porridge to veg/meat porridge correct? When can start adding meat/fish to porridge?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE HERE!</font>

<font color="0077aa">Poshies,

Iden also started childcare. Now both Carla's Ziwei and Xavier same class, her 2nd son, Si Zhen, also same class as Iden. We accompanied them for their 1st 3 days of class, tomorrow is the real test where they have to attend class on their own. Cross my fingers, everything will be ok...
happy.gif
</font>

morning.....
wow..... it be really long time hor....

oic... that good hor.... my gal was okie for the whole of last week... but this morning due to a boy who cry so loudly when we was about to go in to the childcare.... my gal started to feel insecure... think the brother also sense it... he look at me... help me to place the sister school in the shoe cabinet and bring the sister's bag into her classroom....( so nice rite) haha then he disappear... i think he is too used... go in... put the bag... and sit with the rest of the classmate..... haha... i need to carry my gal in and ask the kor kor to cover over to stay with the sister.... haha

Hi Dewdrops,

Heard Iden adapt to school real fast.... my boy still crying away every morning!

So embarrassing.... hahahaaa....

My boy was having fever after 3rd day of school and i kept him at home the following week. Forced him to go to school this week and really had a hard time dragging him to the car every morning!

I think my girl is in the same team as Xavier leh....

<font color="0077aa">Hi Carla,

Iden also is also down with fever and flu since Wed. Not sure if I should bring him back since he is also creating havoc at home with my mum. Now is the conditioning time, going through series of flu bugs to acclimatize... but unfortunately, his 6 month old mei mei also caught the bug from him, starting to show the same symptons today...
sad.gif

Yes, Xavier and Ziwei same group, so coincidental... May I know who are the other 2 Xavier's classmates whose brother/sister are also Iden's classmates?</font>

Hi!

Chance upon this thread and found mummies of my girl's classmates. My girl is also in Maurice Sendak.

Dewdrops- I think we are neighbours. Xavier and my girl Rou Ler has been in the same class since nursery but somehow did not realise that they are neighbours living in the same development.

Back