(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Happy Mid Autumn......

Hi ZYP,
how is Zavier now...... is he better.... does he start getting sick beginning of Childcare or only recently?
And condition getting worst? maybe you might want to check with your childcare beside Zavier any other kids is having similar condition?

Hi Blueberry/Picnic,
getting last min items ready and also enjoy more time with no1 before u pop.... think after that for the 1st month, u will need to rest more....

Hi Elaine,
Can we convert from the DVD? will I think I have 2 CD which I bot from Baby Signing time... I go back and check whether got the song u want a not...

Actually Gerald been coughing for a week, this week is his 4th week to childcare, it since a no of Children is sick... haha was register what medicine Gerald need to take... .a long list that parent also compile on the list.... but it since Gerald is still okie... so just keep me finger cross... at least I know if any children is having fever they will ask their parent to pick them up immediately.....

<font color="0000ff">ZYP</font>
Agree with chickensoup. If the Zavier is constantly down with this & that.. and it's apparent these started after he started attending CC, then the issue could be the centre. It's inevitable that kids do fall sick more easily after going to CC. But to some extend, I think Zavier's 'frequency' is quite high. I think you should check out the CC and talk to other parents if necessary.

re: cc

valmom, picnic, twinklet,

today's content is almost the same as yesterday. english story telling, do mooncake, PE, some circle time.

I think the teachers are very good... very patient, well mannered, able to control situations where children fight, very observant... my hb checked with the admin staff and was told that they do not have syllabus throughout playgroup and N1. Only themes... like this week do mooncake blah blah blah. I am not too excited abt that since I do want S to know his alphabets and phonics and have it internalised from young.

Today S start to speak a little more to his teachers and even hug them goodbye. The teachers are urging us to just place him there tomorrow and really go off. My only dillemma now is if I do not eventually wanna continue, its like a bit cruel to stop the class when he finally settle down. How?! sigh... right now I am not happy that the content is not there leh and this will continue whole of PG. hmmm

<font color="0000ff">Poohy</font>
Why not u try asking S? Whether he likes the centre? Coz I dun think S has any issues with phonics & academics, he is a smart boy. I think he is a shy boy which might be good if the centre focuses on interaction & group activities?

Just my thot.

valmom,

ya u r rite. that's why on hindsight, I am having 2nd thoughts. I asked him liao but he always say he dun wanna go to school. This morning I tried to let his daddy go in with him also cannot. It must be me! sticky rite.

<font color="0000ff">Poohy</font>
Mommy's boi mah :p

But I think rather than focusing ur attention on his strengths (ie academics), maybe you can consider if this centre can help in his weakness (ie his shyness)?

I think altho foundation is important, one should not neglect EQ as well. He can be very smart, but if he is a quiet boy, no one will know his strengths also. Next time when he grow up, his introvert character might be an obstacle to attaining his full potential.

My hb's logic is "Don't need to be v smart. Just need to talk smart & delegate to people who work hard" :p

HAHAHAHA

Now my headache is Why is Valerie still baby-talking so much?!?!??!

She is still having problems trying to talk to us (esp when it's 'crucial').. most of the time she is still baby-talking.. she does talk a little.. but I think it's still too little.

Sunday she said a new word.. "char-siew" coz she like the char-siew that we have on the table. She can parrot quite well... but stringing the words and vocalising her thots and needs.. still very bad...

HOW?!?!?!?

poohy: I think wherever you choose, it's going to take a while for S to settle in. Look at the rest of the tods who have just started schools .. even L who has attended childcare since baby, started to say recently .." I don't want mummy go to work, I don't want to go to school".

I understand your wish for S to be more academic trained. So do I ! which is why I'm trying to decide whether to change childcare.. Montessori also emphasises in learning through play, by theme. Every day, there is only a 15 min one to one with the teacher to learn ABC and phonics. But I must say that L has become more independent and outgoing, she learnt her lifeskill well at the center - for this I must thank the center. She is able to communicate well - too well sometimes - my mom says she can argue with me now!?! haha!

Anyway, agree with valmom, now maybe better to let him focus on interaction and group activities - especially without you around. I enjoyed seeing L playing with her little friends in center. Maybe cos she may not have a sibling (i'm same camp as valmom where 2nd child is concern, hehe), i tend to worry a little more abt her social skills. Academic wise, I do what I can.. which is MISERABLE compared to what you do for your children, haha
happy.gif

valmom: maybe you need to talk to her more?? just keep talking, even when she doesn't know how to respond.

Maybe she is too anxious, so revert back to baby talk? if you can understand, can translate for her? Then after a while, she can associate
happy.gif

Hey angeline,

I am in fact seeing the same scene coming to me when you describe abt Joeson's reaction towards didi.. ahyo... is this part of growing up??? I have been advised by my friends to be super-sensitive towards Caden when no 2 arrives.. otherwise, he will inevitably feel dejected ...

angel, blueberry,

till today J is already 16+ month old, her relation with S is still love-hate
happy.gif
She loves him definitely.. and he is like her hero. She still laugh the heartiest when he does all those silly stunt to make her laugh. But she has learnt to snatch toys with him haha
happy.gif
He gets really irritated by that becos he has always been such a centre of attention and dun really fancy having someone to share his stuff with. In the initial months of J's birth, he still will come over and hug her though he also wont let us carry her at times. these days, he can hug and sayang any soft toys with such tenderness but not his meimei. But he will miss her when she is not around and keep asking me what is meimei doing. love-hate relationship i thk .... I guess some sibling relationship are just like this. We just gotta try our best to be fair from now since J is already very aware. Initially we showered lots of attention on S becos dun want him to feel neglected.. that's why I din even send him to any CC or schools even though my mum takes care of both alone.

valmom, blurmom,

thanx for the advice!! ya S is mommy's boy indeed.... my J is a daddy's girl... only comfort is she dun reject me most of the time though. We wrote to the principal of the CC on our concern and we are meeting this morning to see if they can address it.

hi elaine....
the CD have that song... i will see how to convert to mP3 and email to u okie....
happy.gif
but me is very blur with computer stuff.... haha so hope i can succeed..... worst case i ask someone to do it for me......

valmum,
talk more to valerie.... slowly i think she can pick it up.... don need to worry too much..... i think gerald had alot of pple talking to him... so his chinese language is pretty "powerful" haha but now he is still unware of time issues.... everything is yesterday or some time before even though it happen half an hour before... some time it is super funnie to hear him talk...... but i'm surprise.... he can translant english to chinese.... coz childcare is english teacher and he had no problem taking instruction....

Sweetbabe,
I'm referring to Friso soy. Cos I was introduced this by the sales from Friso. And it really tastes much nicer than Isomil. Joeson now on Friso. Hee... I wanna cry liao. Cos it don't come in the 900g tin. Only the 400g tin. And it cost slightly more.....

Blueberry,
Yes. It's a super delicate balance. I felt so guilty towards Joeson in fact. Many times, when I was carrying didi, he was standing in my room playing his car on his own. The sense of loneliness simply shouts out to me. My heart ache.... Last time, it's so easy for me to just walk to him and play with him, now, it's almost impossible.....
sad.gif

Poohy,
Guess we are all heading to what you'd been through. But me and Blueberry both have boys only.... Hee.... wonder how different it will be.

Gals,
Anyone of you need glass bottles from hospital?? I have some leh...think around 10 bottles. Who need can collect from me.

Me going JB again. Probably next monday. Darryl will receive his passport on friday. Yeah..we can shop as long as we like without worry
happy.gif
Anyone still need the name stickers?

Meow,
I still have the glass bottles from you. Don't use now cos too small to store EBM. Anybody wants can get from me also.. it's alot. Keke...

I've taken leave today to take care of Zavier. He was ok first part of yesterday cos we didn't give EBM and FM. He rejects Mamex lactose-free milk big time. Told us "this dolphin milk not nice one".. there's a dolphin on the tin. So at night I thought I can try adding abit of FM into his LF.. who knows the next 10mins he LS again. His appetite is so poor... only takes plain water and bits of bread and biscuits.

<font color="ff0000">Carla,</font>
I managed to book the tix with your password. Thanks!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">ZYP,</font>
Poor Zavier! He is so cute to comment about the dolphin milk.
lol.gif

Valmom,

My girl girl also babytalk sometimes. Val is not the only one.

RE: Playgroup
I guess I am one of the few mums who has not sent my girl to a playschool... Even when no 2 is out, I will still keep my girl at home. I guess I am fortunate that my parents don't mind taking care of a toddler and a baby (of cos with a maid's help).

Not sure if I'm making the right decision... but was thinking if I were to send my girl to school and she was to catch some viral infection, she will come home to infect the newborn. Besides, I can't bear to see her fall sick... so trying to build up her immunity now and prepare her for nursery 1.

She might be behind others when she goes to nursery... but it's okie so long as she is not the last... hahahaha....

Carla,
Your password can buy what tix from Sistic ah?

Meow,
I need some stickers. One is my name with my address. The rest is names of my babes. Hee..... Send you email ok?

<font color="ff6000">Carla,</font>
At first I am like you, dun want to send Keane to sch so soon as I am concern about passing virus from school to my girl.

However, Keane is way too active and noisy at home. End up Kayla doesnt sleep well during the day time and got frightened easily by the loud noise that her bro made. So no choice, gotta send him to half day CC so that Kayla can at least have a quiet morn. My maid also make use of the time in the morn to prepare lunch and get some hsework done while my dad helps to look after Kayla.

Hi Carla,
It is okie to send or not to send, there is nothing wrong to send earlier or late.....
You just need to be comfortable with the arrangement. If I got the choice I will prefer to play with Gerald and only send him to 2-4 hr class......

Update Gerald's Childcare
Now he don't cry when go to school... though whenever we are him whether want to go to school... the answer is still NO...
plus he still refuse to wear his uniform at home.... this morning he told my mother, he don want to wear uniform, the teacher will change to his unifrom..
menaing... he go to school with home clothes and return with uniform.... the teacher change to his uniform after bath in the school.... opp with the rest of the class..... haha

after a long talk with the principal this morning, we left S with the teachers for about 1.5 hours before we went back to fetch him. I just told him I am leaving and will be back to fetch him later and then I said bye. He cried but the teacher carried him. Afterwards when I came back, he was eating lunch and cried loudly when he sees me. The teacher told us he stop crying after a while, then sit through listening in some of the activities and later on cry a little more before falling asleep. Then they woke him up to eat lunch. The good thing is he is still willing to go slap hi-five with both teachers before he goes... even though his eyes are still teary from crying when he sees me back.

Angeline,
Got a priority password for the Mickey Mouse show for a 10% discount if booked before 19 Sep.

tigger,
I will monitor my girl girl after i give birth lor... see how... if really necessary, might have to send her to playschool so that my parents can breathe. But that will really be my last resort.

Last saturday i went Sentosa with my friend, so happen i see serrich and her family there...wow Sherilyn and Shania have grown alot...i couldn't even regconise Sherilynn at first.

<font color="0000ff">Meow,</font>
Wow, Darryl has grown so much since the last time I saw him. Our kids really grow very very fast. Must cuddle, kiss and hug them more before they resist when they grow older.

Valmom
Sky also talk in his baby language most of the tim... think is the fastest way for them to voalise even tho NO ONE can understand them...

Even if he is talking in our language...there is also difficulty in understanding due to his pronounciation...

Today he say...da da party...
me and my mum were TOTALLY clueless...and we make him repeated for like.... 30times..before I realise is Car Car PARKING.....

When we say slowly is Car car parking...
he smile and repeat after us... "DA DA PARTY"
*faint*

Tigger,
So long liao no gathering of course he has grown alot lor. Its amazing seeing him flip over so easily. Well Sheryl dun flip in the past as she not tat 'normal' to me since she got wry neck at birth. Hey where's Kayla? You still need anything from kidzloft?
happy.gif

Glayz,
haha...the way sky speak is so cute
happy.gif
So daddy wants go party is it
happy.gif
. Eh i never see you post your gal's photo hor

Meow, Zyp,

I am interested in the glass bottles, but you gals staying in the west right? Can keep for me first if no one else wants? I also want to see if this time round got enough BM or not.. my bust size didnt increase much for this pregnancy
sad.gif

Blueberry,
Ok i will reserve mine for you. In fact i should have more than 10 bottles once those frozen ones are used up.
happy.gif
Those have the similac metal caps, didn't go rusty. Will tell you how to maintain them when you collect
happy.gif

hi poohy....
actually i pretty okie on how they teach Gerald.... but i love their activity.... they know children have short span of attention... so most of the time..... the activity will not last more than 45min...... they have alot of art and craft lesson... which gerald enjoy very much.... not so much of teaching at the moment, not too sure because he is still in playgroup..... mainly all his activites is playing n playing...

Meow
Have....
I post before la... think u miss it...kekekekeke...
Anyway...super hard to take her photo these day... think my phone is VERY slow..so everytime the picture come out BLUR...

Tigger,
Yeah going again as my friend needs my help
happy.gif

Glayz,
yeah lah long time ago right? Take with camera and post a recent one lah

Personalize name stickers...no one else wan liao hor?

Angeline, i dun receive your email or sms

<font color="0000ff">blurmom/poshies</font>
We do talk to her.. ALOT to be exact. My mom's logic is that we talk to her to too many languages, so she is confused. But I dun u/stand. Almost every household they are bound to use 3 languages (english, mandarin & dialect) with no issues what..

<font color="119911">Glayz</font>
True, even if she tries to talk our language, with her kind of pronounciation, I doubt we'll u/std her as well. Take that day for example, she swat down, look at the bottom of our display cabinet and went "da-to-u-do".. which I thot she meant "I told u so".. So I ask her.. what did you tell me???

She said that a few times, finally stretch her hand under the cabinet and took out her toy potato... 'da-to-u-do' = potato... ah yo.. how to u/stand like that???

Valmom,
Valerie is so cute..... Gerald speak CHINESE most of the time... but as u all might not know... I'm had been continuing teaching Gerald Sign Language which I used English and he is very used to it... though the other time we speak mainly Chinese also... but when I'm angry somehow or rather... English will be the language I used... and he seem to be okie... plus his teacher had comment, Gerald got no problem taking instruction... some thing we will also disturb him in dialect.... or Malay.... don worry too much..... they will pick it up them but maybe if u are concern, for the time mean maybe stick to 1 language, then introduce other slowly to her....

poshies,

thanx for sharing about the MMI
happy.gif
I am still thinking of sending J over there.

tigger, how's keane coping in CC? My hb said maybe I am the one not ready for it... I felt so upset seeing S crying. But today, I brought him to the CC, the teacher carried him and I said bye and tell him I will come back soon to fetch him. Then I just turned and go straight to the car and go off. Din really peep much cos cant see anything and scared he sees us. The teacher took a short video of him eating some noodles to show us though. I was told he cried intermittently but briefly. He even go and talk to the teacher and tell her about his violin and guitar at home. But when I was leaving for work after sending him home, he stick to me and refused to let me go... no matter what I used to "bribe" him like I used to.... painting, chocolate, computer, etc... he just cry and dun let me go... I felt so sad... keep wondering should I have leave him at home and just stick to enrichment class till he is older and more able to cope in N2. guess many of you go through the same phase....

Poohy,
sound like Samual is doing Ok in cc. Dun worry so much k. Slowly he'll learn to mingle with his frens & will definitely be happier when go cc.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Poohy,</font>
Keane has been telling me "Mummy, I dun wan to go to sch" before bedtime and as soon as he wakes up. He does that every single day and sobs as he say those words. My heart ache everytime I hear him say that.

I just ignore him and try to distract him. But he keeps on saying it. Sigh. For the past few mornings, he cried so badly that he puke out all his milk.

But he does allow me to change him (not his sch uniform though), sit in the car without struggling and let the teacher carry him when we arrive in sch though crying all the time. The teacher told me he will cry intermittently but briefly like Samuel too. He didn't eat any lunch for the past few days, not sure if it's because he is feeling sad or because they provided porridge which he hates. But today I am glad that he finished all his macaroni lunch. The teacher fed him as he dun wanna self feed yet.

Another thing I am happy is that he did participate in some of the activities. Today I asked him what songs did his teacher taught him. He sang 2 mandarin songs which surprises us as we do not converse in mandarin at home at all.

I think he has accepted the fact that he needs to attend school but still trying all sort of ways to avoid if possible.

poohy,
wat u've desc is how i felt 5 mths ago... its indeed tougher for us as parents than the kids when we send them to cc... ahahaha... tat time i started doubting my decision whenever he cried buckets in cc... its extremely heart-breaking for us... i still remember vividly on his 2nd/3rd day, i was outside the cc crying while he was crying soooo badly inside... feels so guilty like i've abandoned him... sigh... glad that period is over... so u juz hv to push on and help him adjust to cc life... its easier for us to juz leave them and go... let them cry a while n they'll adj faster this way...

btw its common that they become more clingy at home after attending cc... kaeden was like that... give s more time... i'm sure he'll adapt to cc life well...

<font color="0000ff">blueberry,</font>
Will keep the glass bottles for you.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">poohy, tigger,</font>
Like wat SC said, I felt exactly the same thing when Zavier first attended CC. Very upseting and full of guilt. Give your boys and yourselves more time. Things will settle in very soon.

Zavier is well already. Sent him back to CC this morning and he just walked in and stood by the teacher to wait for his turn to take temperature. When we said goodbye to him, he'll say bye bye and wave back. Got the feeling of 'my boy has grown up'
happy.gif
I'm sure you'll feel the same way soon too!

I also returned to work today. Wah very sian. Disappeared at 12.30pm and 6pm to express BM. Each session took half an hour and lesser yield than normal. I should be expecting a decline trend in my SS liao... After the last express session, quickly packed up and rushed to fetch Zavier. As it was raining quite heavily, I took cab and asked cabby to wait for me while I go up to get him. Luckily he's quite a nice guy, otherwise we'll be stuck in the rain. Looks like I must prepare a set of raincoat in my bag liao. I can foresee my life's getting alot more hectic...

Dunno if this is good news...i may have successfully wean Sheryl off her pacifer. Tues afternoon she lost her tutu at my parent's place. I was so happy that i will take this opportunity to wean her off her pacifier. But then they found her pacifier in a plastic bag that she has thrown it in. Then yesterday afternoon my dad gave her back her pacifier as he can't tahan her cries. I was so angry!! So my dad told me the traditional method is to add chilli on it and i agree out of desperate. But surprisingly, she's now able to sleep without her tutu thou she still ask for it but i told her she thrown it into the chilli. Hee
happy.gif

Dunno when will be my turn to see the CC nightmare
sad.gif

Zyp,
Yeah my supply also drop alot till i think i will stop next week liao. Tap running dry no matter how much water i drink
sad.gif

zyp, tigger, sweatcorn,

ya i think I felt exactly what you all described. Besides my mum is not that supportive of him going and keep saying that he will go to school all his life in future, why start so early. That sorta increase my guilt. He no longer do all those painting and writing at home these few days... hope he will get used and resume his home activity soon.

Back