(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

hi poohy,
don worry too much... as I had notice in Gerald's childcare.... it might be easier for J to start earlier... I realise the younger the children who start childcare environment are more easier to adapt... for older kid as they are more aware with the surrounding... it will take a longer time to adapt to a new environment.....

Gerald seem to be used to the environment less than 4 week... that is a happy event for us... yesterday my mother say he say bye bye while going into the class..... that is good for me as I think I will be more guilty towards to Gerald.... as during school break.... been travelling and now school term... he need to stay overnight at my mother place.... he will only get to see me from Friday night till Tuesday morning..... it will take about 1 year for my school to finish...I'm still thinking what should I do next year... seeing him like that I think during my ML will be doing my final year project... then next year Jull - Dec... finish up my last half year coz.... but then it will be very taxing for me for the next 1 year... but I hate to see the coz to drag....

hi meow....
good to hear Sheryl wean off her pacifier.... Gerald do not need his pillow, fav tiger and pacifier in the school... but once he step out the childcare.... he keep asking for them all the way... I think he miss them so much... since the rest of the children is not taking them... so he also din ask for them.... haiz... don know when he will not look for his pacifier totally... for his pillow and tiger... I'm ok he will to play with them....

hi zyp...
glad to know zavier had fully recover.....

poshies,

thanx for the encouragement. I do feel very distraught these few days... very dillemma, I am very eager to go and see him after his school but at the same time, I am quite scared of going near the cc and hearing and seeing him cry when he sees me. I felt v guilty though I know my intention was for his benefit. Back at home, my mum keep telling me how he keep crying and looking for me and refused to take his nap, refusing to do all his favourite activities.

this morning, he cried when he saw the uniform after bathing. And he sob a little here and there throughout the journey to school... I tried my best to distract him.

Its his sports day plus children day celebration today but we cant stay though most parents stayed. Cos the teachers felt he may became confused cos he had only separated from us for 2 days only.... this being the 3rd day. So I cant stay lor.... but I took leave this afternoon cos I want to be there to comfort him when he come back..... he is v scared of me going to work now. Think its not just a adapting stage for him, it is for me. I cant concentrate at work and its a critical annual appraisal period argh... me rushing over here to finish my KPI.

<font color="0000ff">Poohy,</font>
agree wif the rest. Don't worry too much. He will settle down as days goes by. And gif urself too much pressure on academic. Still got the long way to go. Let him enjoy his childhood for the first few yrs first. But you can still do your part on the activities at home since you hv so many experience gg thru Shichida, JG, etc...You will start to get the stress when comes to K1/2. Maybe can thk of the brighter side that he can mix wif frenz, learn more things, be more sociable.

Sometimes when Xavier saw his classmates at our block downstair, he will say halo to his frenz. He will then tell me they are his frenz...so cute!

At least yours is luckier. My 2 kids alrdy start full day CC instead of half day.

As my elder son is gg to P1 next yr, I'm now so worried abt him couldn't cope his work. I thk he also get feel the stress. Usually Fri nite he will want to stay at my mum's hse and he will say he doesn't want to go home on Sat morn. The reason is becos he doesn't want to do homework and learn spelling. For the whole Sat day, there's 12 hrs I can't js let him play and watch TV whole day. I js let him do the home like 1 hr. Maybe to him, Sat is doing nothing else but play day. I'm still trying to convince him so tat he will not feel the stress. bad mummy!

<font color="ff0000">meow</font>
Good news to see Sheryl wean off. I really don't knw what to do wif Xavier, as he always suck his 2 fingers and tat's the most difficult part to wean off. Sometimes he will tell me cannot suck and he is 2 yrs old. Mummy will put chilli. But he still can't survive w/o it. sigh!

Zyp, great tt Zav. is OK liao. So u're taking cab home from work to pick up Zav ab4 heading home? Siong ah.

Man yue cakes... i recall seeing some rec. here but cannot find. Any one has some good rec. Tigger and Angel mentioned some nicer ones b4 is it?

Storage of EBM. How do u guys store? Long time ago i read b4 tt some of you... was it Elaine who stored in extra fridge? Or there's some kinda mini fridge for rental? Anyone has any idea? i've not reached that stage yet lah... but i'm just thinking now freezer already quite tight, how to store the EBM.

<font color="0000ff">Children's Day Celebration</font>
Today when we brot V to sch, she refuse to wear her shoes (ie insist that someone carry her to school). When we reach the sch, the centre was decorated with balloons on the ceiling. Funny thing about this gal is instead of being elated, she actually got scared! hahaha

Today we got her progress report.. see her 'artwork' and 'schoolwork'.. hee.. tonight must see in greater detail.. I read a little of the teacher's feedback.. and one of them said she is trying to wear her own pants (which she also tries at home) after shower everyday.

Teacher says altho they still can't u/stand her much (coz they all says she babbles) but Val can say numbers quite clearly and is able to vocalise her intentions rather then using actions.

Every excited leh.. her 1st 'progess report'..
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hi Valmom,
Wow.... so good hor... Gerald also celebreting Children Day today.... don't know whether he enjoy anot.. will be picking him up tonight....

U all taking leave on Monday to take care of children? My mother had take leave to look after Gerald as I'm running low with my leave plus got 3 paper this year so save them for Exam purpose..</font>

<font color="0000ff">poshies</font>
We asked the teachers if Monday the centre will be closed. They say no leh.. so V will goto school per normal.

Hey mummies!

So much happenings here. Never log in to compurter a while i see we have a few latest additions! :0 congrats Poshies and Fashion!

Zyp,
Thyler keeps getting sick now too in childcare. I think they increase the class size and the kids keep getting sick. He was ok for like close to a years liao then now start to get sick. This nov he gets promoted to N1 and i hope with the smaller class size he'll get well soon.

Here's soemthing I put together of Thavis:
990947.jpg

Tigger, aiyoh, the cupcakes for Kayla are sooo sweet. Is it under the premium costing $ 1.80 each or cost more? Did you give out individually or in pairs?

How does both cakes taste? Managed to get any discount?

Ming,

Anson's full month cakes as below:

991157.jpg

<font color="ff0000">This is ordered exclusively for my immediate family only</font>

991158.jpg

<font color="aa00aa">This is ordered for me and hubby's colleagues. Received alot of good comments about this. It's chocolate!!!</font>

tigger,
Kayla's cupcakes are so pretty!! how much is per cupcake?

angeline,
Anson's cupcakes are also so pretty!! but how come in pink ah??

wen,
Thavis looking more eurasian liao...hehehe, hmmm...a lady killer
happy.gif

Tigger,

The older Thyler grow, the more people say he getting uglier and uglier. How ah? How to stop my son from getting uglier?

And Thavis leh, people say he very handsome. But then like that after 2 years old liao getting uglier again? pengs.

Buddy,

wah the mau yue things looks great. Talk abt it i haven go Bengawan solo claim your cake yet
happy.gif

Elaine,
THis I pluck from website to show Ming only. My order came in blue. Hee........

Buddy,
Thavis looked so chubby. Worth your night feeding! GOOD JOB!!!

<font color="0000ff">wenthena</font>
Thyler where got ugly.. but maybe u can try not cutting punk hair for him? Here still very 'traditional' lah.. punk = noti boi mah..

Thavis is indeed v dashing
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Angelneo</font>
The cakes looks good.. next time I got fren's BB 1st mth can recommend
happy.gif

Cab Driver
Hey.. heard someone mention her dad is a cab driver... Meow right???
If a cab driver ganna hospitalisation...can apply for no-rental for the cab or not????
My hb got mang chang yen...need to be OPERATE soon.... so he 2 days never drive liao....

Ming
If u use extra freezer or fridge...
Must take into consideration..the electric bill... My mum bought a new fridge..so she onli went market once a week... the old one is also using...(the new fridge is a big 1 door type..) and he electric bill per month up by $80++...

<font color="0000ff">Wow the cake so nice.... Tigger how many cupcake did you get... Does it the one u give for the collegue or u get it for the guest that come to your place?</font>

Long time no post. Hope all the kiddos will get use to cc soon. Think I must really count myself lucky that Denyce never ever fuss nor refuse to go for her unaccompanied class since she started. She will only request to go even on days w/o class. The other day when my sil & bro drop her to school, my bro still make fun of her and tell her he is going swimming and ask her not to go school. Immediately she say ok. Then my sil tell her you must go school like jie jie. Then she answer ok again. Then when me and her alight car go school, my bro again remind her he going swimming. She nvr even bother and just bye to them and then she tell me, kam mo and kao fu go swimming, denyce go school hor? This is the only gd thing abt her for going school but once she reach school door step, she immediately zip up mouth. Teacher said she is very QUIET. Don't know why like that. Whenever she reach school, she become like a 'mouse'. I am also looking forward to receive her 1st progress report next week.

Carla,
you are not alone, me also intend to send Denyce fr N2 only. Let her cont'd her current 2 times a wk and add on 1 more next year.

Poohy,
Yr mum same like my mum, said start fr N2 can liao. She said so young let her study, later she study until scared and next time hate to study. haha. For me, I got no choice as not much N1 class near my bro's place and nobody can help me fetch. So by N2, she will be ready to take school bus by herself.

Wen,
How can you say my PFSIL ugly?! Anyway, sometimes I also tell my hb that denyce ugly and my hb will say i crazy. He say ugly or not, the most impt is healthy will do.

san,

me over here still wondering whether I should just bring S out and slowly ease into a weekend unacompanied class then start in N2 again.... a lot of thinking to do this weekend...

re: cupcakes

they are so nice!!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">poohy</font>
this mommy here is a "non-thinking" mom! I wanted to start V in June, almost right after we shifted. But she was down with something similar to HFMD, so we delayed till Jul. Even for centre we didn't think much. This is the nearest, looks half decent, so we send here. So it's not those 'branded' school :p

So far V's progress we are happy lah. Altho not talking properly yet, but got improvement. She seemed to enjoy herself there, the teachers seemed to like her there.. so I guess things turned out decent afterall :p

<font color="aa00aa">Meow,</font>
Yah supply dropping by day. I always cannot empty my breasts in office so at night I usually can pump more out... accumulated.

<font color="ff6000">ming,</font>
Yah siong to shuttle around via cab. But I'm so tied at work and need to spare time to express BM, time is precious. Heng it doesn't happen everyday. Today hubby couldn't make it to fetch Zavier so I had to take cab down again. Suay suay jam all the way and I had to ask my mum to help me fetch. Luckily my dad's at home to jaga Hazel.

I dun have another fridge at home but I took a mini fridge to office to store my EBM. Dun want to use common fridge cos I think it's v dirty. And dun want people to touch my precious liquid gold! keke...

Oh cakes.. dun order from Choz... disappointing. Think they'll sue me if they see this post. haha

<font color="0000ff">tigger,</font>
Why do you let Kayla drink the frozen ones? Fresh EBM has higher nutritions leh... without Zavier to help 'clear' my EBM, I'm throwing abt 250ml of '48hrs expired' EBM everyday. heartpain. Gonna freeze more and let him drink when he's better. After the diahorrea, he hasn't poo for 2 days already. Hope it's not due to over-treatment! Maybe can intro EBM again? keke...

<font color="ff0000">re: Children's day celebration</font>
Zavier had his today too! At a Mac restaurant. He came back with a balloon and goodie bag. Took out a present and unwrapped it. Asked him who gave it to him, he ya-ya replied "teacher fizal lor" *faint.

Angel, so pretty the cup cakes and chocolates. What's the website?
Heh Zyp, noted, no Choz.

Wa Glayz upz 80+ with new fridge, so jia lat.

Haha so fun hor, got Children's Day party... on Thu Isabelle said happily on Fri they have to wear party clothes... then the teachers so sweet, got 2 presents for her and a goodie bag.

<font color="0000ff">ming, Elaine</font>
The cupcakes cost $2.50 each and it includes the champange cup and packaging. I gave the cupcakes to my colleagues. One each.

<font color="aa00aa">poshies,</font>
I ordered 100 cupcakes and all given to me and my hb's colleagues.

<font color="ff6000">zyp,</font>
I give Kayla fresh and frozen ones. Keane seldom drink the frozen EBM as he cannot wait for us to warm his milk. Making FM for him is easier and faster. Wah, you throw away EBM ah...what a waste. I have many frozen ones. I really dunno what to do about it.

Tigger
My hb is ok la....
The Doc could not find any reason for his pain...so he now at home lor...and my hb complain that they took up to much of his time..(he spent 3 days in TTS...and was STARVE for 2 days...) and they extend hospitalisation leave from 3 to 7 days...

Meow
As per ur request
993863.jpg

tigger & zyp,
Dun throw away yr frozen breastmilk lah, bath them with it, veri smelly but it's good for their skin. Mix with warm water in the bathtub, so not so cold
happy.gif

yup i think i read some place before, use the ebm to bath... .very good one....

Gerald also super happy with the present from his teacher...... he is still ber Chinese speaking... haha at least now he will be okie to go to school....

Re: Pacifier
he had stop using his pacifier or fav pillow to sleep in childcare but once he is out of childcare on the way home... he will start asking... had hold on with them plus pacifier in his mouth all the way.... how how

<font color="119911">tigger,</font>
Very wasteful on the milk bags also leh...

<font color="aa00aa">Elaine,</font>
Wanted to ask u how to use it for bathing liao. But won't the skin feel oily and sticky after that? Must wash with soap again?

<font color="ff0000">poshies,</font>
Zavier also. No pacifier in CC and he'll demand for it when he's out. Now he's abit better already. Before he goes out/goes CC will surrender his pacifier cos he knows his CC teacher will confiscate it. And we prepare a set of his pillow and bolster for his nap time there to help him sleep better. For the first few weeks, we let him use his usual bedsheet to sleep for familiarity.

zyp,
Skin will feel abit oily but it's ok, just rise with water will do, dun need to use soap again...like tat u'll be washing away the milk liao.

but must warn u guys, aftertat yr bb + the bathroom veri smelly....hehehe
happy.gif

Elaine,
I can imagine how smelly my hands will be too! keke...

oh oh forgot to update that Hazel seems to enjoy taking her bath already. So far she'll only cry abit when I take too long to dress her. :p

caymom,
Yep Zavier's tickling mei mei. We taught him to tickle instead of grabbing and beating her to reduce harm.
happy.gif

Zyp,
Aiyoooo, the photo looked so heartwarming.

Twinklets,
I order the massage shaper for you already. Get back to me whether your 'who?' wants it or not ah.... I try ask the organizer to leave a slot for me.

Mummies here,

I bought this massage shaper from the payeasy spree. And it's really effective lei. My tummy flatten quite fast. My hubby also agree. Anyone want to order? One is $38++. Let me know, I place order for all of you.

Tigger,
Just wear it 6 hours a day. It's as simple as that. For me, I wear it when I'm working. COs more movement. More friction of the material against my tummy. More effects.

Caymom,
Okie, will help you order!

Glayz,
Try la... come la....

Angeline
Me BROKE lor...
Spent too much liao.... unless u let me ortang till my pay day....kekekekekeke.....
Otherwise will beg my hb lor....so he pay...hahahhahahaha

<font color="0000ff">haha... my uzap still sitting on my place.... or should i rent out and earn some $$ for no2... anyone want to rent.... haha</font>

Angelneo,
The massage shaper works ah? I'm keen leh. The website all in chinese very confusing. How does it look like?

Back