(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

<font color="ff0000">valmom,</font>
your CC so good! will gif you the CD pix taken every month. Mine don't have, even they go for outdoor trip also no pix.

<font color="0000ff">sweetbabe,</font>
my Xavier is different now, he has been increasing nowadays. Early in the morn, his dad will make 4 oz first, after he will request "I want some more". Then my hb will make another 3oz, then request some more. Make another 3 oz, so make it into 10 oz. Wondering is he craving for milk. Don't knw why like tat.

<font color="aa00aa">Ming,</font>
Yes, I have one and can lend to you. But I need to search for it as it's at my mum's hse. How do you want to collect from me? I stay at Woodlands leh.

<font color="ff0000">Singlish,</font>
i din notice Xavier say "already", but he likes to add "meh" behind the sentence. Sometimes don't knw is he asking a question. Really makes us laugh.

<font color="0000ff">batman</font>
Today at CC, they pasted a notice at the door informing parents that they'll be giving out our child's progress report next week
happy.gif
So excited. Hopefully V will have her progress report too! (coz she only started in Jul mah..)

<font color="aa00aa">poshies</font>
930 so good.. yesterday V cried bad when we left the room again. So I went in (coz I know if HB goes in, she'll wan to play w him). I asked her if she wanted milk, which she did not acknowledge so I reckon she is not hungry. So I just sat there, with no interaction with her. After 15mins or so, she doze off and I left the room.. peaceful after that.. Sigh. I guess I just have to do this from now on if not bedtime is such a headache...

<font color="119911">sweetbabe</font>
V's intake has reduced. morning & aftern is 180ml. Night is 120ml. Inbtwn she do get her milo or soyabean (diluted). Other than that, she mainly drinks water. Meal wise twice a day.. once in CC, dinner at 630pm.

<font color="ff6000">Singlish</font>
Ah yo.. V can't even say so much! So far it's mommy sit there (actually she meant "sit here"), help you (she meant "help me"), "ai" [want in teochew] xia lai (ie wanna come down), "ai" water, "ai" tu-tu, open (when she wants you to help her open something).. and her infamous.. "Nooooooo".

Now she likes to take watever she has and go "what colour is this?" and then she'll go "what's that!".. and finally she'll tell you the colour. If she dunno the colour, she'll say again "what colour is this?" and smile at you = I dunno the answer.. :p

Sometimes she hear something she'll say "What's that sound?" :p

Parroting is not really an issue. She can repeat after you.. but vocalising her intentions is still a challenge.

Zyp
hey,u are not bad la, me doing the same thing too, fresh BM is always for baby, Jie Jie will get the previous day stock
happy.gif
. Btw,how long u plan to BF this time round? just had a good chat with my nurse friend who said that BM is not good enuff for baby after 6 months, nutrient and anti-body wise..

SQ,
so good Xavier loves milk, Cla's intake has always ben 6 ounces x 3/day. Hence, that justifies her small frame he..he..

sweetbabe,
That's what my midwife at KKH told me during our pre-delivery chat too. TBF for 6mths is good enough liao. My intention is to BF as long as I can, 1yr if possible. But will start to supplement with FM and semi solids at 6mths old.

SQ: Wow so nice of you.... the agent told me the adaptor won't spoil easily one... so sld be ok. Thanks for offering to me lend to me. How abt this wkend? After u locate it, me know ok? Thanks.

Valmom
Val's milk intake is the same as Cla, just that Cla's never exceed 180ml before. she also takes 2 meals: lunch n dinner, and snacks in between.

Singlish
Cla speaks mostly Chinese, in which she can communicate in long sentences which she learns from parroting her cousin-bro n we adults. She understand English but so far I hear her speak out some English words only not sentences.

Valmom
Val's milk intake is the same as Cla, just that Cla's never exceed 180ml before. she also takes 2 meals: lunch n dinner, and snacks in between.

Singlish
Cla speaks mostly Chinese, in which she can communicate in long sentences which she learns from parroting her cousin-bro n we adults. She understands English but so far I hear her speak out some English words only, not sentences.

Valmom,
Sheryl also did the same thing few months back. She simply takes anything and ask what's that thou she already knew the answer. And if i ask her back she will reply me Sheryl don't know and expect an answer from me. Then tell her its a eg elephant and she will echo its an elephant. Now she's more or less taking a toy phone and pretend to chat on the phone.

valmom: only 15 mins of tossing and Val can sleep? That's very good! Last nite, L tossed and turned and walked and jumped for more than 1 hour!!

Hi Sweetbabe and Florence,

Thanks for the advice on Taiwan. I think the main problem if I want to travel out of Taipei is my Hubby, not Xavier! His idea is to shop and eat, shop and eat only... He not very adventurous. Hahhahahhahah.

Hi Batman,

My google email is [email protected].

Hi Twinklets,

Xavier also has alot of imaginary frens. He will say a lot names like "Ah Bu", "Ah Mi", "Ah Ne" and a lot more. Then sometimes when you point to his shoes and ask him is this his shoes, he will say "Ah Bu"... We didn't really thought much about, more like expanding his imagination of lot of sounds he put together on his own.

dewdrops/ming,
i think i juz concluded she insisted Derius is Dennis. Cant imagine she has imaginary fren by the named of Dennis, cos this name too chim for her to think of.

Dewdrops,
haha Xavier so cute, he really got so many imaginary frens huh? really incredible!

<font color="0000ff">blurmom</font>
She is tired liao.. just refused to sleep. She see me only 'sian ji-bua' so go sleep lor :p See hb v excited coz hb always play with her mah. My gal is a 100% daddy's girl u know.

Childcare...
This morning is 4th week for Gerald to be in the childcare... .after a long day last night... refuse to wake up.... luckily... it is raining... my daddy offer to send us to Childcare.... wake up upon reaching childcare.... teacher bot him in.... not his teacher though..... he is unhappy... but din cry though his eyes is super super red with tear..... hope he is getting pass soon....

btw super long din post his pic.... just share with u all some latest pich and what we take last night at chinese garden...
983007.jpg

983008.jpg

oh ya.... 1 more thing....
want to share with you all....

i'm preggy with no 2.... don know whether is that reason.... Gerald is super super cling.... any advise......

plus this round the plantca (don kow whether correct spell) is also very low... plus it is behind .... so had to monitor closely..... haiz...

Poshies!!!

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">CONGRATULATIONS!!!</font></font>

How long liao? Aiyoo... was talking to you last time and you tell me you are trying, but so tired from lesson. Now really preggy liao. So excited for you. Gerald looked so handsome lei. So long never see him liao.

Congrats poshies!
Take care... Gerald has grown so big liao... I think he'll be a doting gor gor who will protect his younger sibling.

Zavier is missing school today.. again! His LS came back with a vengence. Changed him not lesser than 10x yesterday. He cannot take FM and is rejecting soy milk, so been giving him EBM.. I'm digging into my frozen supply already. Feeling 2 babies now.. quite stressed but that's not that impt, I'm more worried abt his condition. I don't know why this LS virus is so stubborn. He is still very active but poor appetite... lost 1kg already.
Hazel took the rotavirus vaccine few weeks ago.. we wonder if he caught the virus after drinking mei mei's water... is it possible? Hmm...

<font color="ff0000">congrat poshies!
When is your due date?</font>

<font color="0000ff">zyp,</font>
Did u bring zavier to see doc? What did the doc say? maybe can post this question to him. Take care!

<font color="0000ff">zyp</font>
Did u bring Zavier to see a doc? He LS like that not very good leh. Must hydrate him properly ok? Give 100plus if necessary. So poor thing.

<font color="119911">Poshies</font>
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">CONGRATS!!</font></font>
Quiet quiet huh.. so now preggie, Gerald go sch + studies.. stress or not? Dun stress dun stress ok..

poshies,
Congrats!! Must take care care ya, dun over-stress yourself with work n study!

zyp,
Zavier has 10x LS? Do you think it's ok to give him EBM now, will it prompt more LS? Coz when I fed Cla with EBM n she had very soft stool (close to LS), I would stop the EBM for sometime..

Poshies, congrats!!! Ru meng yi chang. Take care... 1st trim. not easy. Gerald's a big boy already.

zyp: Isa also on off loose stools after the vomitted episode. Then high fever on Sat. Then yest. poor appetite. i also want to give Isaac Rotavirus jab, do u know when's the best time to have it? Cos Isa already have quite a few major diarr episodes.

Oh and sweetbabe has a good pt. Just recall tt BM will result in more frequent stools vs. FM. Hence Z may pass out more frequently also although it's good with natural antibodies. Doc. normally will say give soy milk. Does Z take soy milk?

Thanks tigger for lending the adaptor. : ) Very handy cos' i just exhaust the 2nd set of batt.

<font color="0000ff">Poshies,</font>
Congrats!!!! So when is your EDD?

Gerald is such a big and handsome boy now. It's been a long time since we last meet up.

<font color="aa00aa">ming,</font>
No worries!

<font color="ff6000">Childcare</font>
It's been a struggle. Keane has been crying after the 1st day. This morning the moment he saw the uniform, he started crying and refused to wear it. I let him wore his fave jeans and Thomas Train Tee-shirt. Upon arrival at the CC, he cried big time and vomitted all his milk out.

Sigh, have to change him and pass him to his teacher. Was still crying very badly when I left. My dad went together with me and he said if he is the one bringing Keane to sch, he would have brought him home if Keane is crying so badly. But he understand that we have to let him cry for the initial weeks/months for him to get used to sch.

I wonder how long will his crying last.

<font color="ff0000">Poshies,</font>
Congrats!

<font color="aa00aa">ZYP,</font>
I agree with Sweetbabe. cay's stools also become very soft each time she takes EBM but it's good for her since her stools usually very hard and she doesn't take much water.

Thanks gals.... I had passed my 13 weeks .... actually pretty pass my 1st tri....
pretty okie... just times when on my way back from School.... got very bad MS...
my MS is at night one... very sleeply in class lor....

Gerald been getting super super clingly to me... everything also mummy one...
anyway all along he is a mummy boy.... he will sayang my stomach... ask how is bb...
though he something will say he don like the bb....

Childcare....
i think Gerald will get used to Childcare pretty soon.... but hor.... he had been coughing for a week already how..
medicine had finish still coughing....

Zavier doesn't like soy milk... cannot drink FM, doesn't want to take solid food.. so no choice got to give BM+FM. 4x since morning already. gonna bring him to see PD later.

ming,
How's Isa now? heard that there's a vomit+LS virus going around...

Rotavirus vaccine can only be taken between 2-6mths... so don't miss the 6th mth dateline if you want Issac to take.

tigger,
Hang on there... This is the emotional torture we have to go thru by sending our kids to CC at this age. Now we're tortured by his frequent falling sick.
sad.gif

Poshies,
Congrats! Wow.. u secret secret hor.. Gerald is such a big boy now..

Zyp,
hmm i think u may have to stop Zavier from drinkg BM leh.. Actually hor tat time when Ash got stomach flu, I actually stop letting her drink any diary prodts.. Think tis time round u can hydrate him with soups, 100+, those ice pops, rice water, glucose water..
Hope he'll recover soon.

Tigger,
Ash also got 1 period dun wanna wear uniform, will cry big time & always try to negotiate with my Mum saying "Tomorrow then go class, OK?". but after 1 week+ of struggling, finally she Ok liao.. Sighs, me now stressed of next year going CC for full day,just hope she can adapt like how she adapt her PG.. but Pg so short hrs only..
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">zyp,</font>
I am also worried about getting virus and falling sick from CC. But no choice I guess, they have to go thru this to build up their immunity.

Better bring Zavier to Dr Ng soon. LS for too long is not good. Must make sure he is hydrated.

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets,</font>
How come you wanna send her to full day CC instead of half day? No one to take care of her at home or at your mum's plc?

<font color="119911">On behalf of Fashionistamama</font>

<font color="ff6000">Fashionistamama had popped!!!</font>}

<font color="aa00aa">Let us welcome little Isabel Chin.
DOB : 18th Sept 2007
Weight : 3.29kg</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">CONGRATULATION FASHION!!!</font></font>

congrats Fashionmama !
happy.gif

Tigger,
Next April my sis's bb will be born & my mum will have to bbsit her liao, so will have to switch Ashley to full day CC.

<font color="ff0000">Fashion,</font>
Congrats!

<font color="aa00aa">Twinklets,</font>
Ash should be older by next Apr and need minimum supervision. Your mum shd be able to cope if Ash is going for half day CC right?

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+2">CONGRATS!!!</font></font>

Wa.. today got TWO good news! Sure drives our Monday blues away! :p

Fashion,
CONGRATS!! rest well n show us bb isabel's photo when u r ready...

Poshies,
CONGRATS!! like wat twinklets say, quiet quiet huh... wah gerald really big boy huh... so fast leh...

tigger,
hv to endure their crying... its very heart-pain... grandparents tend to be more doting... my dad n mum oso kept telling me to withdraw him until i so fedup... things are better now... hang on there ok??

congrats..... Fashion....

no lah.... was very stable for the preggie.... been on hormane jab....and pills.... been spotting on and off.... so just wait till it is more firm before annouce lor..... now wait till mid of oct for the blood test....

haha luckily nope of the grandpa ask me to stop bring gerald to childcare... my brother even help to scold him.... hehe... no chance no of the grandparent are not working......

so next is Picnic03 on the way for delivery....

Ha ha ha... I am still around.. week 35 now.... hope to 'thong' for another 3 weeks. Hv not even started to really pack my hospital bag.. :p Told bb to hang in for another 3 weeks so that Mummy can finish her work and fatten didi up.. :p My EDD is Oct 30 but hopefully... can give birth 2nd or 3rd week of Oct.

Congrats Poshies and all the mummies to be and fashionmama..
happy.gif

Congrats Poshies and Fashion!
happy.gif

Tigger,

I have also just started Caden on a 5-hr programme at a childcare centre last week, he cried a big time like keane - Day 1 I was with him whole time, Day 2, halfway thru, I had to sneak out and he vomitted his food, then fell asleep after too long crying.. Day 3, Daddy brought him and left him alone by himself for full 5 hrs, Day 4 and 5, he was still crying each time my MIL brought him to school.. and we have cut short his hrs to 3..

Starting from Day 3 he refused to wear Sch uniform and kept telling us each morning that he doesn't want to go school, very clingy.. and on Sat, when I left home for a wedding dinner, he was so moody for the whole night and kept bugging my hubby to "fetch mummy".. Today is Day 6, still the same crying.. wonder how long he will take to settle down..

I am giving birth soon in 3rd week of Oct as well.. hopefully he will be stable by then, otherwise, he will definitely feel that we have abandoned him for little brother..
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Congrats Fashion!</font>
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Picnic & blueberry,</font>
May you have a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

Took Zavier to see PD this afternoon. He said no BM cos it contains lactose as well. I kept thinking no cow's milk.. but it should be no lactose. Silly me... since he rejects soy milk, we bought lactose-free FM for him. First time he drank about 5oz, second time he didn't want to drink liao... hai... but good thing is that he has not LS since we came back from PD... hope he gets better soon and we can send him back to CC on Wed so that I can go back to work... I don't have much AL left... why doesn't my coy increase childcare leaves when the no. of children increases??

Seems like many of us are sending our no. 1 to CC because of no. 2.
Zavier has been very sickly ever since he attends CC... sometimes I wonder if my decision is right or wrong. But he has learnt alot in CC and I can tell that he enjoys the activities there. Every dr we asked said it's inevitable... we just have to brave thru the first 6-8mths. The 6mths mark is almost here... his illnesses are getting worse each time!
sad.gif
Not trying to spread negativity here... just need some ventilation... pls bear with me for awhile
happy.gif
Am going back to work on Wed but just can't seem to settle things at home. How to go back to work in peace??

re: CC

yesterday was S's first day in lorna whiston preschool. He is in playgroup this year. He is already one of the older kids there... its child care setting. The teachers were good, patient and the teacher to student ratio was 2:12

but maybe its becos its just first day and then we are in the playgroup, I felt the content is not there leh. Din learn much yesterday. Just teacher read english book and chinese teacher read chinese story in story telling. Then music and movement and pretend play. That's all. Alot of time spent on eating, cleaning the kids after that, wearing shoes and taking off cos the music room is in another house. Today one of the parents volunteered to teach the kids mooncake making.

I am still apprehensive abt them cos I still need to assess them against chiltern house and also the PCF, SFA that I also enrolled in. KS rite. CH has a slightly better attraction in that the songs they sing will be the same as his JG playclub so that will be a more comforting point for him.

I am looking for rich content cos I really want S to be more grounded in his phonics and academics leh. I think I better speak to his teachers by end of this week to find out if it will be the same thing in N1 next year else my heart is more tendency towards not continuing for now
happy.gif

anyway I got a dillemma now, cos I dunno whether I should start leaving him in the CC alone since I myself is still half hearted abt the CC's syllabus. sigh... yesterday, he keep looking back to make sure I am around and during music time he keeps wanting to sit on my lap only.

zyp,

u giving zavier any health supplement? Maybe can give to increase his immunity?

poshies,

congrats!!!!

Blueberry/Picnic,
Kan cheong for both of you! Enjoy motherhood all over again!

Blueberry,
Joeson was ok when I first gave birth to Anson. But nowadays, not anymore. The moment I stepped into home, he will be whining for me to carry him, and won't stop till I carry him. And in the morning, before I go to work, he will cry big time, and insist that I pass didi to MIL and carry him before I leave for work. It's real tough. Sometimes, will feel how to survive any longer?

Zyp,
Hope Zavier will get well soon. This is also the first time I heard that BM contains lactose as well. You tried the Friso?

Joeson is going for lessons next year. Hopefully he can adapt to it since he's such a big boy by then.

Poohy,

The playgroup content is like this.. My boy is attending Kinderland's Kinderplay. it's 2.5 hrs everyday. The contents are like what LW does. story telling, music and movement, games, chinese story telling, music, art and craft and then you have snacks and washing up in between. I reckoned that once he advances into Pre-N and then N.. the educational content will be different. Don't worry.. just keep monitoring. If you feel that the content is not what you are looking for, you have CH or PCF to fall back on.

Zyp/Angeline: Thansk for your well wishes.

Zyp: I agree with you, ever since my boy attended playground, he kept falling sick... but it is inevitable. Hopefully his immune system would have built up by now.

<font color="0000ff">Poohy</font>
Ya.. CC syllabus are like this one. Not those real teaching teaching kind (if u know what I mean). HB & I not very particular about academics (at least not yet :p). We want to develop her social skills 1st. But as she grows older, she tend to be more 'shy'. She see strangers she'll be an ostrich. But nonetheless she still warms up quite quickly so I think not so much of a concern for us. It just shows she is more aware of her surroundings.

Actually U should try to let S venture on his own. He might be scared or feel insecure but he has to learn to be independent some day or another. Better do it in a more 'controlled' and friendly environment I feel. K1 onwards the kids more aggressive liao. And spellings, dictation etc might overwhelm u to pay attention to his insecurities.

Some parents might think, why push the child to be independent so early. I'm not saying independent as in going out to work or cook the household a dinner. It's just the confidence to venture on his/her own. It's more like "I know I have someone whom I can always turn to, but I know I can do this on my own" kind of independence.

Not sure if you know what I mean.

<font color="aa00aa">ZYP</font>
I think other than question your decision on sending Zavier to CC, maybe check the condition of the centre? If Zavier keep falling sick (together with other children in the centre), it would mean the CC itself is not doing enough to 'quarantine' sick child and keep their centre clean.

V has gone to CC for almost 3 months. So far it's coughing, which even without going to CC, she has that anyway (coz get from her cousins). So I think so far we are still quite pleased with the centre. I think better go u/std how the centre runs and feedback to the centre if Zavier kept falling sick, esp the LS incident.

Congrats to Fashionmama!

blueberry and Pinic, Jia You!! counting down soon ya
happy.gif
Have a smooth n safe delivery!

Zyp
Good to know that Zavier's LS is gone, keep him monitored n make sure he has enuf liquid intake.

Angeline
When u say Friso, u mean Friso Comfort? My fren's PD recommended that for her baby who has reflux problem, said it's thicker than normal FM.

Blueberry/Picnic,
Have a smooth delivery! Update us when u pop hor!

Tigger,
My mum is getting old, feel that she need to rest besides taking care of NB baby & my sis.
Hb feels it is better to get a CC near my office so I can fetch her easier next time. Ya next year shell be 3 YO, I hope shell be sensible enough by then but still will feel heart pained.
Initially I tot I can get preggie together with my sis & we can engage a maid to help my mum, but seems like now this is not the case..

Zyp,
Pat pat.. Just hang on.. sooner his immunity will get better as he grows older, & who noes hell immune faster than our kids here..
My collics boy last time in CC always fell sick, but once reached Primary Sch, he hardly fell sick anymore..

Understand your stress & heartpain here.. feel free to let out anytime man.. I may air out next year too.. keke..

Poohy,
Did u try Eton house or Pat school house something? Btw Ashs PT Teacher in her GUG class last time was working full time in Chitern (duno the spelling) House. I find that shes a very nice & committed teacher, much much better than most of the GUG full time teachers there & I really like her. I think most importantly is having a good & caring Teacher, tat really make the whole teaching environment different irregardless of what they teaching..

Re: cc

sometimes it's inevitable for them to fall sick but when it gets too frequent like every 2-3 weeks, i would suggest to look into other alternate cc cos that may mean the cc is not in good proper hygiene condition or doing its best to upkeep the health standards. To say that kids build up immunity on their with constant falling sick is not fair, the cc should do their part in keeping the centre clean and does health screening eg temp checks, visual checks at least twice a day. My girl's cc does temp check every morning and sends home kids with temp higher than 37.5.

Back