(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Ming, congrats!!
you or your hubby hv G6PD? A friend also had G9PD and so her son too.. both lead normal and active life, just hv to take special care in medication. my friend was an athlete when schooling. So, don't worry so much
happy.gif

stephy,
me went to update pp photo 2 times. the 1st time, it was a school holiday for youth day. so take 1/2 leave to ICA. Gosh! the q was crazy. so in the end, give up and left. Then 1 wk later i go on a normal day. Waited only ard 15 mins. I didn't even have to apply leave. Just rush back after that while my mum bring denyce home. Make me waste 1/2 day leave.

meow,
u beter change sheryl pp fast since u frequent JB so much. the custom like to 'disturb' s'porean at times.

Krazy,
me too want to drive go JB but hb doesn't 1 becos' of the tinted windows incident. Alot of his frens kena. Really miss the food there. I too find them ridiculous as their own car is even worst then us. As i mention abov to meow, they just like to disturb ppl fr s'pore. But, they never think that w/o S'poreans, JB will be a dead city.

Ming,
Congrats! We have not change our disc yet leh. hahaha.

re: kiddy rides,
Denyce luv it so so much. Since young, she never afraid of it. Some rides which shake very hard, she also not scared at all. She likes the ride like a ferris wheel where it will turn up and down in circle shape. don't know how to describe lah. at HDB also have, 50ct per ride. hee

Poohy,
Btw, where did you get winter clothes? Don't feel like spending much on clothes for my coming trip.

<font color="0000ff">Stephy,</font>
I like the place. Keane loves the playhouse. He requested to go inside when he saw it. I will keep you posted on his progress.

<font color="ff6000">poohy,</font>
hope S can get used to sch without much struggle. Does the sch allow you to be with him for the whole week? I can sit in with him for 3 days only.

tigger,

i hope so too... but dun feel very optimistic about S settling so easily from his history in JG. Hope I am wrong... they allow us to be with him for 3 days too. If it dun work out, I will pull him out in 2 weeks and put him in chiltern house coming jan. Right now, I myself is feeling nervous cos first time he attends school without me.... I dunno how the teachers will treat him... whether people will bully him, etc.

san,

where r u going? I dunno what to get for the 2 of them actually cos its always a choice between style, practicality, future mileage and cost.

I spent $800 last week buying from gymboree, gap, fox, old navy. Think my hb scared of me liao ... but this spree thingy .. once u start, its very obsessive kind. The more I see hor, the more I buy cos so cute!!!!! especially the girls' clothing. I keep telling my hb I felt so thankful I got both J & S... so I can buy little boy and little girl's clothings... hehehee...

I am going for a layering concept so I bought clothes that are suitable to wear in singapore too... I estimate the clothes can be wore for the next 1 year at least cos I bought 1-2size bigger for J... S dun really grow that much ...but i am now deliberating whether I shd buy a down jacket for each 'cos in end december, Korea should be in the -5 to -15 deg temperature... I am v worried they wont be able to take the cold. I myself only going to wear thermal long john, tshirt and a jacket.

Do u know whether a down jacket is required? Both already will have 2 of those hooded jacket each liao. I brought J to Gap@vivo to try out the jacket sizes and she was so happy with it... still can go to the little mirror to look at herself lol
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">tigger/poohy</font>
Wa.. the CC so good, allow parents to sit in! V's one from day 1 already dun allow parents to accompany the child. Don't worry too much.

Nowadays kids very smart one. Most of them would prefer to be at home coz it's a familiar environment and got parents to pamper them. So if you show them that you are also afraid of sending them to school, then they might take the opportunity to kick fuss and refuse to go school. That's why most centres will tell u for the 1st 2 weeks, die die must send your child to school and dun look worried or scared or hesitate. Coz if you do, they'll read ur emotions and know that they can get out of this 'situation'.

I find that going to school is good coz I find that they can learn to interact properly with other children and develop their social skills and EQ.

All the best to your kid going to school. I'm sure they'll grow to love going to school coz they'll have friends and have many activities to do in school.

wow just missing for 1day and so many posts here!
I am another pantang mummy here, but my mum is more pantang than me. Both of us were never like this until we have our own kids. Better be safe than sorry sometimes.

<font color="119911">re: 7 colors strings.</font>
BOth Zavier and Hazel have these worn on their wrists and ankles. Ankles ones with those old coin. According to my mum ,the string was made by a very old lady (her friend's 80+ yrs old mum). The older the person, the better the string will be... to ward of evil spirits and for peace lor..

<font color="aa00aa">re: crying in the middle of the night</font>
Zavier has been doing this ever since (i forgot) I got preggy or he started CC. Sometimes he'll sit up, cry and then go back to sleep. Sometimes he'll fuss for milk/pacifier... But usually not very detrimental lah. He couldn't remember the next day.

He's down with fever again. Hai... dunno why this virus so stubborn to kill.. keeps coming back.

<font color="ff6000">tigger,</font>
Hazel also cannot sleep well when Zavier is at home. Unless gor gor sleeps at the same time. Worst thing is that she's a very light sleeper. We had to tip toe into the room that she's sleeping in, a scream from Zavier will wake her up immediately.

<font color="ff0000">ming,</font>
I've been thinking abt u these days leh. BUt so occupied with my 2 kids that forgot to sms u. <font color="ff0000">Congrats on the arrival of Issac!</font>
Don't worry abt G6PD deficiency. THere's a list of food and medication that baby cannot take. As long as you avoid, shouldn't have any problem.

san,
I'm very sway lor, of all days, i don't choose, choose on the day where the primary schools got no class due to PSLE. I was there at 11.30am and left abt 6.15pm. Beside got back my passports , I also got headache. Took a cab home after that. Luckily, for the collection part, aaron doesn't need to be with me, my mom brought him back after the officer had seen his face.

caymom - for the passport hor..means if need to change must pay izit? how much hah? cos crystal pic in the passport is no hair one..now she got a bit liao..haha..

poohy, your J & S very close to each other! Don't worry so much abt sending S to school. He will enjoy school. Of course they prefer home to school, wouldn't it be horrible if they prefer school to home? Anyway, I'm sure nobody will bully S, and even when there is a little tugging and pulling of toys, S will learn how to fend for himself, which is what you want him to learn, right?

Crystalmum,
Should cost $70 for 5yrs...then you'll get 5yr 9mths since Crystal passport still have balance. So kanna eaten up lor.

Twinklets,
I dun receive your address yet leh.

SC and Elaine,
I'll mail them together ok? I wait for Twinklets then get the stamps all at a go.
happy.gif
Me waiting for my friend to pass me envelopes too...my one too small. Camp wan wait your hubby scare so fast kanna recall...cos written there On government service mah..haha...anyway i think its not allowed to use too
happy.gif

Stephy,
That's a very long wait lei. But is it that long??? I remembered accompany my MIL there on a Sat and our waiting time was only 2hr 30 min.

Meow!!!
Darryl so boy boy... so cute! I think Anson will be like him, won't 'pong ni'... meaning won't be very chubby from milk intake.... I noticed my July 2007 thread, alot of babies are showing that sign liao lor. See my PFDIL and you'll know. Right Zyp?

Poohy!
I love your kiddos photo. So heartwarming.... Hee.... I got no daughter I already can spend same amount as you for clothings liao. But honestly la, I better stop buying. Anson has got enough clothings to last him 15 days of CNY. Joeson lei... at least 8 days.
kao_blush.gif

Stephy,
OMG 7 hours.. wow.. I hope Aaron was behaving... I know Constance would not have that kinda patience..How was Aaron's first day at school?

Meow,
I was told the balance from the old passport is forfeited completely leh.. Wonder is I can act blur and don't change the photo..(6)

Meow,
Have just send u the PM. Paisay havent transf $ to you yet cos I dun have internet banking.
Will do so asap.

Tigger,
Ya can understand your feeling right now, Ill feel lost when my turn comes. Will have to send Ash straight to CC full day next April.
Now have to go scout for 1 near my office, also dunno the 1 Ill choose next time is a good CC or not.

Poohy,
Wow tat temperature is very cold. Did u go to those coldwear shop to get the jackets? They can help u with the selection if you tell them the aprox degree there. Theyll teach you how to wear the child too. Btw, do remember the 1st layer is better to be a Romper, so tat u can button the bottom, no belly button will be shown & tummy will be well-covered & no wind will able to go in.

The supermart pics are so heartwarming, the siblings are so closed & loving.

tigger/poohy,
Going to US. Hope no last min unforeseen circum.

poohy,
u really very 'she de' spend so much on the winter clothes. Me very giam leh cos' i think only use for 1-2 times. For jacket, i usually buy size that is just nice or slightly bigger only cos' if too big, the wind will go in plus too long as well. Korea so cold? The peak winter is from Jan-Feb. Last time I went, I don't find it super cold. The tour group we follow, the guide damn lousy and never even tell us the daily weather. So when there, i also blur blur don't know what is the temp. I hate thermal wear especially under my jeans wearing layers. Go toilet super troublesome. In the end, i only wear 1 jean and my top is 3 pc including jacket. However, US will not be that cold compare to Korea as I am going to the west part where winter is milder. However, certain parts will be colder especially Grand Canyon, maybe snowing. Hope can get at factory outlet on the way but still need to standby some fr here.

stephy,
my 1st attempt to ICA also on school holiday lor. Youth day mah. My q no. is 1700+. Then, I met this young guy who saw my q no. much behind him, he pass his ticket to me. I was so hapi. His no. is 1300+ and counter only jumping 800+ Still need wait 500. And when i look at his tix issue time, he had already waited 3-4hrs and still no. 800+ only. I hang around awhile and then saw the no. really jump so slow, i left loh. 1 wk later i went on normal days, only 15mins wait.And the photos was taken at opp HDB due to long q at ICA during my 1st attempt there. Then when submit, the officer ask me retake. So piss! I insist to use but the officer say she can use it for me but scared custom will reject cos' the photo too bright and then, i will need to issue a new PP, will even be more waste $ then spending extra photos now since still left abt 3yrs. The custom officer where got so 'eng' to see yr photo contrast/resolution. Moreover, Denyce PP only left wz 3 yrs, also not everytime go overseas. Now, i got 6-7 pcs of Denyce pp photo lying at home to rot.

san,
denyce pp foto wun rot cos next time go sch mabbe need... hehehe... k's cc has been asking for his passport foto for ages but i din hv any as his pp is digital foto... so finally i went to print normal foto n cut his face out... ahahahaha...

poohy,
the siblings fotos so heart-warming... love the foto where j hugging s... so cute...

meow,
will transfer by tomorrow... pai sei ah...

<font color="0000ff">San,</font>
Wow, going to such a faraway place. Going with hb and Denyce only? Have fun shopping at all the cheap and huge factory outlets.

Sweetcorn,
I take Vernon's photo myself using digital camera and after develop out. If din receive letter also can update photo meh, I brought xavier along and I update for Vernon. But I din update Xavier which done last year. Hopefully still can use otherwise so wasted. I brought xavier along but I din update for him.

poohy,
I bought children XL size for my thermal wear. The salesgal told me to try since I'm small size and it really fits. Really save my $ cos adult one more ex.

Haiz, last year went for 2 trips but tis year none. So envy you guys go for trips.

SC,
but by the time she attends school, the face too babyish liao.

Tigger,
Still long way leh my trip. Going wz hb,denyce, my parents and my bro family. Definitely will include outlet shopping. Super impt itinerary. hee. Moreover, me can only afford outlet shopping or maybe even not cos' too much to spend liao.

<font color="0000ff">Batman,</font>
When did you become SnowQueen? kekeke. Heartwarming pics of the bros holding hands. Sometimes I wish Kayla will grow up faster and can play with her gor gor.

<font color="ff6000">San,</font>
Your family always travel together one hor...Went HK, Perth and now USA. Joining tour or F&E? Not cheap to go as one big family.

Thanks thanks. Yar initially was quite worried but after reading up etc. sld be ok. Just need to monitor and be more vigilant for the 1st mth, and be careful of the things he cannot touch/eat for the rest of his life lor.

973795.jpg

angel:
ya lor, I'm the most unlucky one lor, of all days, choose that day to go. I waited for 2.5 hours(11.30 to 2pm) for submitting, then my mom brought aaron back. The officer told me to come back again at 4.30pm.. Went to bugis to shop a while and then I was back at 4pm and waited till 6pm for my passports.

hytten:
I have given aaron's seat to Keane.. so aaron will go later, not sure when, i think shd be next month. Btw, don't take the chance of not updating constance's passport photo. Especially u have been advised to do so liao. I heard from a friend, that the custom officer may have recorded that u are advised to update, in your next trip, they may not allow constance to go thru, if they want to be nasty.

San:
My queue was 715 and the submission counter was serving 200+ only. for the collection, when i was back, it was serving 400+ only. Knowing aaron will not cooperate will taking the passport photo, I brought him to ICA to take his photo because I know that can edit the photos. While taking it, he has to sit on my lap and the staff in front, tried to attract his attention so that he will look in front to face the camera.

<font color="ff6000">Ming,</font>
Issac has nice eyebrows. He is almost the same weight and height as Kayla when she is born.

You brought him to studio to take pic so soon?

Ming,

Congrats on your delivery. Issac is really a very handsome child.. like what Angeline mentioned, I also love his eyes, very charming!

Hi Ming,

Congrats! Mind to share your birth story?

Hi Mummies,

Have been a silent reader in this forum for some time. Quite busy with juggling work and family.

Hi Tigger,

I remember you went to Taiwan with Keane before. My hubby and I plan to go Taipei maybe 1st week of Oct. Can share where are the places you going and how did you manage Keane there, especially when come to mealtime?

<font color="ff0000">dewdrops</font>
I also been to Taiwan last year May but mine is wif tour group. So all has been planned.

<font color="0000ff">tigger</font>
hehe...becos I'm thking of changing my nickname soon mah..so to get u all prepared...haha...

<font color="aa00aa">dewdrops,</font>
Yes, I went to Taipei with Keane this Apr. Basically this is an eat and eat trip so we didnt go to a lot of sight seeing. A fren lent me a travel book on Taipei which we find it very good and useful. You can get that book from Popular.

Places we went include:
Shilin night market
Jiu Fen
Xi Meng Ting (We stay right in the middle of this area)
Dan Shui

We plan to go to the zoo but Keane overslept in the morn so we gave the place a miss.

We travelled mostly by the MRT and we brought along a stroller. Taipei is more baby friendly than Spore. All the train stations have lifts so it's very convenient to bring along the stroller. When Keane was tired, he will nap inside the stroller.

Food wise, he loves the noodle there so we feed him mostly noodle and sometimes rice.

We also brought him to sit the huge ferris wheel at Mirama shopping centre.

<font color="ff0000">Batman,</font>
Why wanna change name? Batman is more cool.

Batman,
you very funny....Bat MAN change to Snow Queen. From man to women and somrthing black to total white. Hee...hey, have i known you? You nick seems familiar....i think i can guess your name
happy.gif

ming,

Issac looks so handsome and got nice features
happy.gif
you rest well ok? Hope Isa is coping well too with the new addition
happy.gif

re: S & J

actually i think its the camera effect... J loves S alot but S always find his meimei a bother... hehee...somehow he dun really like to hug her or anything... he is ok with others but only with her, he will snatch toys or push her. I cant find a good reason why he dun really like her leh... I told my mum maybe really becos rooster and dog cannot get along
happy.gif

blurmom,

ya I must be positive about the cc...then S will feel it and likes it too.

tigger,

hope keane copes well today... keep us updated
happy.gif

The places you mention i went b4 liao becos go wif tour mah.
eh, now I'm chasing the Korea drama Snow Queen so in love to this name. And I wish to change lor.

<font color="ff0000">meow</font>
haha..actually I din notice leh. wow you very creative hor. You know me, you got organised BP. I crazy to BP once I get started like poohy. hehe

tigger,
will be doing f&e self drive. Since few years back even b4 the birth of denyce, we had been travelling together.

batman,
is snow queen show nice? got 1 of my idol inside leh.

Ming,
Ya agreed with the rest, Isaac really a handsome boy, he got v v nice eyebrows. So he looks more like u?

San,
so envy you, can go US!
Which month u going?

Batman,
ahem.. so now I shd switch to calling u SnowQueen isssit?? =P

Dewdrops,
Long time din see u online here. Come here & make some noise lar. Our thread also pretty quiet nowdays. How's Xavier adapting to full day CC?

hihi...
yah this thread has been v quiet these few days. I've been busy cos Zavier's sick again. The stubborn fever and cough keeps coming back. He also LS big time until he complain his aXXhole pain. Pardon me for the word... dunno what else can explain better. hahaha... Because of LS, he is almost on full EBM and his appetite is very poor so very little solid intake... now his poo is somewhat like Hazel's, soft and yellowish... keke.

<font color="0000ff">zyp,</font>
Hope Zavier gets well soon. Did you bring him to see Dr Ng?

<font color="ff6000">San,</font>
So you will be going to SFO? Is Gilroy part of your itinerary?

<font color="aa00aa">Poohy,Stephy</font>
Update on 1st day at sch: Keane was quite clingy when we arrived at the CC. When they proceed to the play area after breakfast (he refused to eat the bread provided by CC but ate the biscuit that I brought), he was happily playing without me. But he cried when he saw me walking pass.

I brought him home 2hrs before the class ends as he started fussing and wanted to go home. We will try to stay longer till lunch tomorrow. Overall I am quite happy with how he behave today. Hopefully he won't struggle when we wake him up for sch tomorrow.

dewdrops,
your boy's name same as my boy.In the BJG class, one of his classmate also got the same name, luckily diff surname.

San,
your idol isit xuan bin? I like it also becos of this. The female lead is pretty.

twinklets,
Oh yes! great to hear you call me SQ.

zyp,
Since sunday Xavier has running nose and running nose haven't recover. Cough come liao. Heard him cough in the nite tat makes me couldn't sleep well. Hate to hear that.

tigger,
On the 1st day of Xavier's CC, he's not afraid of everything. He will just walk ard playing wif the toys like nobody business. But after 3 mths, he alrdy gets used to it wif the environment. So don't worry too much.

zyp,
hope zavier will recover soon.. Got apply some cream on his red asshole?
sad.gif

SNOWQUEEN,
kekee..
wow so good.. ur boy is all along v independent issit? Not clingy type? Btw, all CC dun serve dinner 1 issit? Wat time is their usual tea break hah? Dunno my gal next time will be hungry if I pick her at 6 man.. hehe..

The CC Keane goes like v relax hor.. you can decide on when to bring Keane home. When my MIL brot V to sch for 1st day, she was not allowed to stay. The centre also dun allow her to come too early to bring V home coz they feel that if one child is given 'special' treatment, it may affect the rest.

<font color="119911">zyp</font>
Oh no, how about other children in the CC? Do they have same symptoms too? LS.. cld it be the centre didn't handle the food properly? Poor boi..

<font color="ff0000">snowqueen/batman</font>
Hey.. I think batman sounds more cool leh :p Have u tried rubbing vicks onto your boi? V tends to cough at night (sensitive airway). Now everynight I'll rub some vicks onto her front & back. I find that helps coz got many times she seemed to be in a coughing fit.. once I apply the vicks, she stop coughing and sleep more peacefully after that.

<font color="ff6000">tigger,</font>
Nope... we have not brought him to see Dr Ng for v long. He still has medicine from last consultation from GP so taking that.

<font color="0000ff">snowqueen,</font>
Haha sounds like we have a new friend here.

Middle of night he can cough until vomit phlegm kind. He sleeps with my parents so my mum is losing sleep. Hazel sleeps with me but she has been sleeping thru'out the night already. But this naughty girl has her gor gor's babytime bad habit. She sleeps at 2-3am and can sleep till 11am! Hai...

Zavier also got used to his CC environment. His teacher said can tell as he's more aggressive now and starts to fight already. haha

Headache.. his teacher complained that he likes to push other kids. It's happening when he's not in CC also... having a hard time making him understand that is not desirable.

<font color="ff0000">twinklets,</font>
Got apply cream... I put extra tube in his school bag so his teacher will apply when his bum is red.

Zavier's CC gives milk at 5+... so by the time he reaches home is just nice for dinner.

Back