(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

hi good mornigg mummies...

saw the adv on today 'activities' for mummies and babies..

1)Taka having a Baby Fair 11 mar to 13 mar at the central SQ.

2)Cold Storage having sale for PETPET (3 days only) at $11.95... a dollar cheaper than NTUC...

3)Giant having sales on EQ Dry.. $13.75..

Andrea,

Oh no... I just bought a pack yesterday from G-value at $12.45.

Thanks for the mummies who introduce petpet. Petpet is really better then drypers.

Finally manage to resize Natalie's photo. This photo was taken when she was 2 mths+

Yummy yummy...... my hand taste so sweet, aunties oh.... want to try....
255881.jpg

Jen
At least yr MIL asked hb to help. My MIL and hb gang up. Everyday my MIL comes to my house from 8am to 7pm. She mops the kitchen "Once a while" and after everyday after 7 pm I will have to wash the plates etc. Ask hb to wash, he say no need. Tell me put in the sink and wait for MIL to wash next morning. Wah liao How can....
Everyday i goes into the dirty kitchen , I have to "sia ko" myself "I cannot see anything, I canot see anything" then I feel a bit better

MIL also bring a lot of useless Utensil and put it all over the kitchen. When my confinement ends I have a hard time clearing and scrubbing the messy and oily kitchen
angry.gif

Duffy
Agree with Berry, "Gen Ta Ping Le"

Puff
Yr Press 1 for English, Press 2 for Chinese VV Funny
biggrin.gif

Evelyn
Natalie very chubby hor, feel like stroking her thighs.

eve,
nat so cute hor.. starts to 'eat' her hands @ 2 months.. my girl started @ her 3rd month... later got time will try to upload..

Post-natal Massage
Just a bit crazy to talk abt this now since my baby is already 4mths+ old. i didn't have a proper post-natal massage as the lady was always late, so, i cancelled it after two sessions and didn't really bother to find another one.

if u did yours, did it really help to slim down? hmm... i m seriously starting to go on diet (again) since it's after cny and no more excuses for me to eat. please share your experiences. Thanks.

PS: some said can still do the massage, while some said it's a bit too late...

Jab/Fever
I wake up every 1-1/2 to take Kei's temperature last nite coz she has slight fever. Have questions to ask all mummies

1) Can drinking water helps to reduce bb temperature? I let Kei drink water every time I take her temperature.
2) IS 1-1/2 hr too long or short interval??

pcs, wat was her temp?
Above 37.5deg, feed fever med/ sponge-down/ forehead cooler pack.
Above 38.5deg, see PD immediately.

Tena had jab yest morn, came home already 37.4deg, fed her med etc. Took temp only when she was awake, roughly evry 2-3hr, fever went down. Didn't take temp after 8pm cos it was nowhere near 37.5deg.
This morn 37.7deg, fed her med etc again. Again measure 2-3hr when awake, now it's down again.

My mum believes in giving more water to reduce temperature, so we do it, and I keep aircon on.

Have u checked with PD the dosage? Cos dosage dependant on wt, if ur bb wt increased significantly since the last time u checked with PD the fever dosage, may not be as effective.

<font color="ff0000">coco</font>
I saw it at centrepoint's Robinson, up the escalator on the right side, only sees one lime green bambo there, maybe display item or something. Think maybe u wait till they have stock than go lor, maybe tht one not for sale...

<font color="ff0000">pcs</font>
hahahhaaa, very funny ah u, really wanna gan ta ping le... I sometimes ping already after tht feel abit guilty one lor, cause they old ppl mah, MIL alone some more FIL passed away long ago... heehee, I think I ping le also can "Fa Gong" 50% only haha

Pcs,

Hahaha.... I oso like to pinch and squeeze her thighs. She so angry.... always kick me, hee... Wat a Bian4 Tai4 mum....

Is this kei, 3rd mth jab? Mon, Nat going for her 3rd mths jab, hope she will not develop fever(Cross my finger)

Andrea,

How i wish she didn't ve the habit of sucking her hands. She can suck until her whole face with saliva, so dirty. But no choice lah, it's bb instinct.

Charsiew Rice,

Massage really help me to flatten my tummy. That time after birth, my stomach was like 4-5 mths pregnant. Just after 1 massage+wrap, my whole tummy faltten. But hor, the flabby tummy still there, don know how to tone it up. My beautician said i cant do sit up now, shld try to shield away the fat 1st. When back to pre-preg size then do sit up to tone it. She said if i tone it now, my excess fat will remain there.

Stephie,

Haha... Andric look so serious.

Medusa
temp range from 37.5 to 37.8 Deg.
Feed her Med and forehead cooler pack
Checked every 1-1/2 hrs beocz I heard that fever very hard to say one. One Moment no fever, another moment temperature can shoot up very fast. Don't know how true so KS a bit.

Er so I'm over reacting /doing it hur?
My HB said so. Thought better check with the mummies here.

Kei have her injection at polyclinic. Nurse says can feed every 6 hrs if we want to but dosage never says can increase. Maybe call her to check later.

Anyway. thanks for the info.

Evelyn
This is kei 5th mth jab. She develope fever only for 4th and 5th mths jabs.
I also very Bian Tia one. I even "bite" and "suck" her feets, hands legs and thigh.
Yah Never under estimate their kicks. I kenna ambush a lot of times at the stomach area. Painful Leh!!

Duffy
Ok Lor. Since u "sin ruan", maybe can fa gong a bit every day. You will definately reach "zhui gao jing jie" one day
happy.gif

Charsiew Rice,

Ya, do other exercise to slim down first before start doing sit up. Anyway, i cant do sit up now. My stomach feel pain when doing it

Evelyn, hehehe I love to see Faye suck her hands leh, berio cute mah :p Yar lor, cannot stop, cause its developmentally appropriate.

pcs, hahaha the potty photo beri cute, she looks so happy to be on the potty!
happy.gif

charsiew, I feel that postnatal massage seems more effective right after delivery cause thats when the water retention is more prominent, after a few months, you'll naturally slim down anyway, so many thats why it seems that the massage doesnt work as well? But nevertheless, massage's good for aching and tight muscles, so if you have time, why not.

puff, hahahaha I also think dessert works well for stressed mummies, but hor, retail therapy also good, so hor, when on Faye's super cranky days, I'm fat AND broke :p

Here's a pic of Faye and her developmentally appropriate behaviour :p
255973.jpg

argh... this is so irritating... i just asked my manager if claim OT, must ask permission before claiming or not... guess what she said? she said i'm expressing during office hours, am i sure i want to claim OT?!? what does that mean?!? if i claim, i sure ensure i working longer than the time i use to express what... and during work hours, i only use 30mins including washing up... only lunch time i take longer... and lunch time i bring work in to do while expressing also... like that also cannot?!? and sometimes i work late is really late like 8~9pm... some more cannot claim... &amp;^%*&amp;%

<font color="ff0000">pcs</font>
Yr Kei very cute leh, she like still donno she got no hair liao haha

<font color="ff0000">jen</font>
Yr manager woman also cannot understand ah, jiat let, one of this day she will get retribution one haha don worry..

jen
i login at 12 midnite cos yingxin already asleep

wah, your idiot boss so irritating one!! hahaha, she must be one OLD MAID!!!!

berry
i bury myself with ice cream at home when i'm stressed!!! cannot afford to have retail therapy cos my hubby is always nagging that i spent too much on baby plus i dun get to drive on weekdays so damn sian/lazy to travel in cab

chihiro,pcs,evelyn
his head is big :p
he is so naughty...needs lots of attention...cant lie on his own and everynite will sure to be cranky from 11.30pm to 2-3am....carry oso cry...

Pcs,

Botak Kie look more pretty.

Berry,

Faye so Xiao1 Jie3, know how to lift up her last finger when sucking. Nat oso ve a photo similar to faye but her hands are nearer to her nose so is like she is digging her nose. Hahaha....

Yuru
Thanks... i think i can forget abt the idea. it doesn't seem to work on every1. moreover, been quite long ago, i think exercise and a sensible diet should be better hor?

By the way, i like Cindy's picture. do upload more, seldom see Cindy's pictures here.

Charsiew Rice,
I didn't have any massage but I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight although still got slight tummy bulge...luckily only noticeable when I sit down. If you can do any cardio exercises (swimming,jogging,very brisk walking) it will certainly help in reducing the bulge.

Been telling myself I should hit the gym again but I'll miss my baby....maybe wait till she's about 6 months lah. In the meantime, jus gotta live with the slight bulge.

andrea,
Cold storage sale for pet pet on from today? I'm thinking of switching from drypers to pet pet after reading all the good feedback.

may may,
Thanks so much for the rompers.

charsiew rice,
forgot to mention that my gynae told me to massage my tummy myself so that the uterus will get back in place. I did so for a week &amp; it seemed to help.

FLABBY TUMMY

Ha, my gynae told me at my postnatal checkup (about 8 weeks post delivery) that my uterus had shrunk back to normal size, which means the bulge is just FATS! It's been 3 months already and my tummy is so flabby. Bought the OSIM belt as a desperate measure because don't really have time to exercise and I'm lazy lah :p

Berry/Duff/Evelyn
Tks

Berry
Did not notice Faye's xiao jie action until Evelyn mentioned. HeHe..so cute

Jen
Yr boss really nasty. Next time she give u work try to siam lah

Berry/Duff/Evelyn
Tks

Berry
Did not notice Faye's xiao jie action until Evelyn mentioned. HeHe..so cute

Jen
Yr boss really nasty. Next time she give u work try to siam lah

Fruitcake,
Have osim belt at home also..it does help a bit to "shape" but must wear for extend no of HR per day then it is helpful.

Btw mummies.. do you have any suggestions for wedding aniversary present for Ryan's great grand ma.. she is celebrating her diamond aniversary in a few months time.
Thanks in advance..last time mummies also very helpful in giving suggestions on Ryan's b'day cake.
kao_smile.gif

fc,
I bought the OSIM belt too... not too bab hor... my tummy firming liao.. I use everyday once I reach home after work.. overnight... my sis say must be hard working to use it to see the effect...

charsiew
PETPET not bad.. I find it better than Drypers.. price almost there with drypers.

Andrea,

The Osim belt seem like not bad huh. Just belt it on our tummy area? Need to apply any cream on it? I'm using Activa belt+gel. At first seem like quite effective(Manage to squeeze in my pant when back to work after 2 mths) but now like BO Lat Sha liao. How much is the belt?

osim belt
i'm using it too. quite effective. though i have not return to pre-preggy wt but my tummy is quite flat now. got 2 types, 1 is wif magnet, for normal delivery. another one is w/o magnet, for c-section. I bought the 2nd one. But i'm lazy lei, only use it for 1st 2mths.
happy.gif

eve,
I bought half a dozen to stock when NTUC was having sale... now Cold storage so cheap.. maybe I go and stock up more.. I dun think NTUC will go any cheaper than this... $11.95 leh... but the stock I buy is M and L.. in case bb grow out of M later.. hahaha.. I very Kiasu right... but bbies necessities are bery ex leh.. if I save on this... I can use the savings to buy more things for QN right...

TBL,

Tks for the info! But it's going to be 3 mths after delivery. Don't know still effective or not.

Andrea,

I tot i very kiasu liao who know u r more jia lat then me, hahaha.... joking. I don dare to stock up, afraid Nat will out grow the pampers then it will be wasted. I just stock up 1 pack at my mum's pl and 1 pack for my hse. Ya, bb necessities are very ex especially pamper and formula.

eve,
I forgot the price.. something like 50+.. got it at a sale @ guardian... mine is with magnet.. you can buy big size one.. I start to buy the L liao.. cause I still have 4 pkts of M... now L got 2 pkts.. going to buy more of L... hee... cheap mah...

may,
got your mail... sorry been busy. have reply you and also with the mummy list.

Yuru,
I jus went to the fair... not too bad.. things like prams bb car seat have discount like 50%... clothes like disney ones are also 40% to 50% off.. but still cost 10 over buck... got one bargain rack.. 4 pcs for 9.90.. rompers for 4.90. Tweety baby clothes for 3.90..

er, which mummy looking for bumbo? there got sell too... offer $99.00 OR price @ $129... coco is that you??

Deniz,
sorry missed your post.. ya the sale for PETPET starts today and ends 3 days later.

hello ladies,
help me out here if u can... im looking for a swimming coach to teach my boy. has anyone here heard of Great White Aquatic Centre? or if anyone of u knows a contact, wld u pls pass it to me? thanks a lot!

Today I was feeding Faye her cereal when my cleaner was around, and it happned that the cleaner was just nearby us mopping the floor next to Faye in her highchair. Faye was so excited to see the cleaner around that she kept talking and talking to the cleaning auntie (this cleaning aunty not beri friendly- she ignored faye!) while eating- She would talk and talk before she swallowed, so more than half of her cereal sliding out of her mouth, onto her bib/bodysuit/hands.

And guess what happenned next?? Faye suddenly dipped her WHOLE hand into the bowl of cereal and FLAP in her usual manner, sending cereal flying everywhere! The cereal landed on my face, her own face, my hair AND on the cleaning auntie's shirt AND a small glob landed into the pail of mopping water LOL..!! The cleaner looked rather stunned and so did I, only Faye who was not so affected went on flapping a few more times before she rubbed her cereal-coated hand on her head. Aiyo-a-ah...!

BTW, Anyone of you feeding Heinz plain rice cereal? I was feeding her organic brown rice cerealall the way but decided to try out the plain Heinz one and I realised that this Heinz cereal turns watery after a while(even before I finish feeding her, the porridge-like consistency becomes somewhat watery??), do you all experience the same thing?

Evelyn, Faye loves to stick out her pinky hehe :p

Ruffy, how about tonics?

Wahahahaha, can anyone guess what this is?? :p hehehe.....
256096.jpg

Back