(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

MT, yeah lor, but strangely her bruise didnt develop much, prob the cold compress really helped. Thanks heh, but I cant take much credit cause I only did my best to let her be who she is. I really love tena's very cheerful disposition and how she is so sing-songy haha.

sharon
why not salvation army? i gave my winnie the pooh bear and hello kitty collection to salvation army too after rhyan was born, all still new and intact in bag.

Yuru, sharon & medusa,
Thank u
biggrin.gif

yuru,
Linus is fine & he's coping well at school. Hw abt cindy?

Children's Mozart Festival
The Childrens Mozart Festival is a weekend of 3 different events full of musical fun and education for children of all ages. Theyll be introduced to the life and music of Mozart, one of the greatest classical music composers of all time. The programmes are interactive, combining engaging storytelling with live orchestral performances and even dancing!

The children will hear all about young Mozart, meet real musicians up close, dance the way Mozarts friends danced and experience a real concert performance.

We encourage, laughter, crying, yelling, talking and running around. After all, that is what Mozart would have done!

http://www.gatecrash.com.sg/?page=event_search&actionForm=search&searchKeyword=mozart+children

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Children's Mozart Festival 2007 - The Quest of the Magic Flute

SYNOPSIS:

About "The Quest of the Magic Flute"
Mozart has lost his magic flute! Without his magic flute, he will not have the inspiration to finish writing the wonderful opera that he is working on! Join Papageno as he takes the children on an amazing journey through time and space - learning about Mozart's life and the music of his time - and battling the evil Queen of the Night so that the genius of Mozart's music can last forever for the people of the world!

This interactive storytelling session with renowned storyteller Rosemarie Somaiah accompanied by memorable excerpts of Mozart's brilliant music performed by musicians from the New Festival Orchestra. Come up close to the musicians as they perform, and hear stories about Mozart as a young prodigy, his first-ever composition and learn about characters from the opera "The Magic Flute". A story that promises to inform, educate and entertain the young and the young at heart!
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Children's Mozart Festival 2007 - A Baroque Dance Party

SYNOPSIS:

About "A Baroque Dance Party"
Mozart loved parties (just like the rest of us), and some say he was a great dancer! He composed many pieces of dance music for the many parties that were a hit in Vienna during his time. Find out what it must have been like in 18th Century Vienna at our Baroque Dance Party!

Learn a simple baroque dance especially choreographed for the Childrens' Mozart Festival based on Mozart's "6 Country Dances" for String Trio (performed 'live' by musicians from the New Festival Orchestra) and experience dance music the way Mozarts friends would have 200 years ago! The children will experience for themselves the "rhythmic groove" of 18th Century dance music, and have lots and lots of fun - they will never listen to dance music the same way again!
Children's Mozart Festival 2007 - A Symphony Concert

SYNOPSIS:

About "A Symphony Concert for All"
What is a music festival without a great concert? The Childrens Mozart Festival presents A Symphony Concert for All, featuring the New Festival Orchestra and the very young Nicholas Ho on piano performing Mozart's Piano Concerto No.14! Learn about the difference between a concerto and a symphony, all about the instruments that make up a symphony orchestra and even about concert etiquette in this very special performance.

The program will include Mozarts first symphony composed when he was 8 years old and songs from his first opera Bastiene et Bastinenne he wrote at age 12, as well as everyone's favourite "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"! Make this your child's FIRST EVER classical music concert! At the NTUC Auditorium.

Hi,

I would like to check whether anybody is interested in attending the shows, as I would like to get the concessionary ticket rate (6 tickets or more of same performance at same timing).

Purchase via SAM Machine and SingPost Office would not incur additional mailing charge (for the tickets mailed to you).

So each ticket would cost $14 (inclusive $1 booking fee).

febnian
hey!!! i was browsing thru a mag., thinks its shape or dun know wat.... and know about this too and i am very interested too but have not read the detail yet.

berry
good to hear tat faye is fine and i rem the dr in MT. A told me *my tat very bad fall at home* hitiing in front and back of the head is not as serious compare to the side, due to the thickness of our scalp.

little_devil, you moving to a bigger place is it??

littleprince, yeah, take plane with 2 kids by myself sure very jia lat, but i'm anxious to go back to Singapore, some more our tickets are return tickets from last year, if don't take waste $$. anyway, probably my hubby will take few days leave to bring us back to SG, then he return to England to work again, then after his "busy period" he will go to SG again for a holiday and to bring us back to England. This way I get to stay in Singapore for longer also, maybe 6, 7 weeks?

BTW, aren't you working (and studying), will you have time to meet me??

Berry, I guess I say I bo chap because Ethan started his stunts last year when I was suffering from morning sickness, so I gave up hovering around him and carrying him off the table etc, just let him do it, some more I think when I hover around him nervously it makes him more excited and jump even more wildly. Anyway I think it turned out ok la, at least I find out Ethan can jump on the coffee table without hurting himself (too badly!). Of course there are some things which like you say is strictly non-negotiable, like holding on to mommy's hand while walking on the road, I think he can tell from my tone too that he shouldn't even think about it, although sometimes he tries his luck, I just tell him he can sit on the ground and cry I'm still not going to let go.

Medusa, I think u and i will be finding out the difference between BOY and GIRL soon (besides the obvious), hopefully Jacqui will also be gentle and careful like Athena, tho i shouldn't be too surprised if he's a wild active child like Ethan.

kypf
wah, that's nice. you can stay longer in Singapore then.
happy.gif
yep, am working and studying. in fact, my first week of class for this semester is going to be 6 consecutive night classes end of this month (can imagine my panda eyes by the end of the week .. hehe!) other than that, i should usually be available on Sat mornings since hb works and i need to wake up early to take care of rhyan. can arrange somehow, anyway i think we did talk about meeting up last year and didn't as well.
happy.gif

oranges
linus is in a CC at Simei? which one is that?

Hi Medusa,

Same sentiments.

Hi Berry,

20 Jan (1100hr) is out for me, I can only go for 21 Jan. Perhaps we wait and see whether anybody else is keen, and they can add their names to it?

Hi Little Devil,

I've called and checked that tickets must be of same show and same date/time, to be applicable for the concessionary rate.

20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x3 tickets]

21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]

kypf, so during the times when something is strictly non-negotiable, is Ethan generally cooperative? For me, I find that Faye is pretty cooperative when it comes to the few non-negotiables I impose, I *think* its partly due to the fact that since she gets pretty much choices on alot of stuff, its easier to get her to go along with what I say when I really need it. Sometimes I'll remind her that as family, we're a team, and when something is superly extremely impt to one family member(like its REALLY impt for me to keep Faye safe on the road :p ), the others need to do their best to be supportive unless they have excellent reasons not to. She seems to understand what this means.

kypf/lil prince, hey if u guys meet up, count me in too okie? :D

yuru, so glad to hear that cindy is loving school, a huge load off your chest huh?
happy.gif

Hi Yuru,
Hm...nobody supervise my helper. She gave her the free hand to do the hsechord. Basically, she noe wat to do. Of cos sometime hv to close 1 eye lah.

Btw, hw much do u pay for 1.5hr playgp @ appletree?

littleprince,
Linus went to SunflowerCEC (formely is DMJ).

CRS,
Glad tat u hv find a suitable helper.

berry
okie, will let you know.

oranges
oh, i know where it is. did think of sending Rhyan there previously but i wanted a half day CC so in the end, didn't.

Berry, febnian,
both timings fine for me but I only need 1 tix I think, just me and Athena only. Free admin for age 2yr and below (my tod 26 mth shld be considered 2yr leh?). How come u & Berry need 3 tix each family? ***Anyone else in- need 6 tix to hit $14 each tix concession rate!***

SYNOPSIS:

Mozart loved parties (just like the rest of us), and some say he was a great dancer! He composed many pieces of dance music for the many parties that were a hit in Vienna during his time. Find out what it must have been like in 18th Century Vienna at our Baroque Dance Party!

Learn a simple baroque dance especially choreographed for the Childrens' Mozart Festival based on Mozart's "6 Country Dances" for String Trio (performed 'live' by musicians from the New Festival Orchestra) and experience dance music the way Mozarts friends would have 200 years ago! The children will experience for themselves the "rhythmic groove" of 18th Century dance music, and have lots and lots of fun - they will never listen to dance music the same way again!

About the Children's Mozart Festival
The Childrens Mozart Festival is a weekend of 3 different events full of musical fun and education for children of all ages. Theyll be introduced to the life and music of Mozart, one of the greatest classical music composers of all time. The programmes are interactive, combining engaging storytelling with live orchestral performances and even dancing!

The children will hear all about young Mozart, meet real musicians up close, dance the way Mozarts friends danced and experience a real concert performance.

We encourage, laughter, crying, yelling, talking and running around. After all, that is what Mozart would have done!

ARTISTS Musicians of the New Festival Orchestra
DURATION 45 mins
SEATING Free Seating
TICKETS $18 price(s) excludes $1.00 booking fee
VENUE The Substation

Photography (including flash photography), audio, and/or video recording are not permitted during the event except for "A Baroque Dance Party"

Free admission for children aged 2 and below.

20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x3 tickets]
(2) Medusa (1 tix?) or on 21 Jan ok too.

21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]

mel, febnian & berry
umm..... after mel points it out, i guess for our toddler *27 months for quinn* should be free admission? i tried calling them but forever put me on hold.

SYNOPSIS:

DURATION 45 mins
SEATING Free Seating
VENUE The Substation

Photography (including flash photography), audio, and/or video recording are not permitted during the event except for "A Baroque Dance Party"

20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x3 tickets]
(2) Medusa (1 tix?) or on 21 Jan ok too.

21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]
(2) little devil (x2 tickets) in the case of F.A for quinn

MT/lil devil, haha I *thought* I read something like only 2 yrs and above are allowed entry and those above 2 must purchase ticket?? I must've read wrongly , paiseh. In that case then I'll prob need jst 2 tickets for hubby n me since Faye goes for free?

SYNOPSIS:

DURATION 45 mins
SEATING Free Seating
VENUE The Substation

***Anyone else in- need 6 tix to hit $14 each tix concession rate!***
Next Sat 20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x2 tickets]

Next Sun 21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]
(3) Medusa (1 tix)

Febnian, lildevil- think we hit 6 tix already? I'm afraid tix run out or something!

Next Sat 20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x2 tickets]

Next Sun 21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]
(3) Medusa (1 tix + 2 or 3 tix for my friend)

Febnian, lildevil- think we hit 6 tix already? I'm afraid tix run out or something! Anyone can get thru their phonelines to find out if our tods really need separate tix?
happy.gif

Berry, the answer is no, I guess, he isn't generally cooperative. Although I also give him a lot of autonomy (maybe too much for a kid?) let him make alot of his own decisions (sometimes he makes wrong decisions so hopefully he learn? and sometimes i learn that he's not ready to make his own decisions or he will make wrong decision), I dunno whether that makes him think he can make ALL of his own decisions. But I'll say when it's NON-NEGOTIABLE he makes less of a fuss, like I said, he TRY HIS LUCK, but doesn't have as bad a tantrum..

kypf, if its not a tantrum and he is just inquiring to try his luck, then for me, I kinda count that as cooperative. When I say that Faye is generally cooperative abt my non-negotiables, I dont mean she obeys me right away (haha, thanks goodness she doesnt!) w/o questionin, Plus, questioning IS a good thing rite? Then they'll get to know more abt wat they are told to do instead of simply obeying blindly? What I mean cooperative is that I end up being able to persuade her to do what I need in the end, sometimes after just a few questions(why need to do it, wat are the consequences if dont do(I mean natural consequences, not imposed consequences/punishments, who does the consequences affect, etc), sometimes after 5-10min of explaining/disussion.

Wrong decisions- yeah I think they do learn from past experiences of making wrong choices, which is why having the chances to make choices, right or wrong, are so impt and equally valuable (wat will they learn if they only make the right choices?) . What are the things which u feel that Ethan is not ready to make choices abt?

Berry, ha, I think I should give Ethan more credit then! But he's not as verbally articulate as Faye, he doesn't really speak much, just moans abit, try to break free, etc. Sometimes I feel I'm talking to a wall, when I insist on explaining to him why he can't do what he wants to do, dunno if he understands anything but at least makes me feel better, rather than "MOMMY SAYS CANNOT MEANS CANNOT!!"

The biggest "wrong decisions" he makes would be with regards to sleep. He refuses to sleep even when he's tired, he can point to the stairs and ask to go down, but when he's downstairs he just moans and cries. I believe when he's tired, he's confused and thus his decision making isn't rational. Now I carry him onto his bed and cuddle him there and he falls asleep quite quick.

littleprince, peifu you can study and work at the same time. my hubby is struggling with that even though i'm SAHM! esp since I need his help to look after one or both kids when he gets back from work.

btw, got a dilemma to ask the mommies for opinion. i'm going back to SG on Feb 13 and my hubby will stay for a few days then go back to work. he will pick me up from SG again.. the question is, when?
Option 1: He goes back in early Mar, after his "busy period". This way I'm in SG for about 6-7 weeks.
Option 2: He goes back end Apr, after his exams. This way I'm in SG for more than 2 months.
Advantages of Option 2: I get to spend more time in Singapore, he gets time to study without having to look after kids, my parents get to see the kids more... The biggest disadvantage is my husband won't see me and the kids for more than 2 months.

Altho i'm veering towards option 2, can't shake off the feeling that it's not right to be apart for so long.. but thinking, surely there are other daddies who go on business trips for a total of many months a year and don't see their wives and kids..??

Another question, what sie crocs do ur kids wear, my fren has lobang and i wanna ask her to buy for my son to wear in sg.

aiyo, rhyan found the hole (under the kitchen cabinet) to the kitchen drainage system (the one that water flows away to if you wash the kitchen with water) and has a "hobby" to stuff many things into that hole!
uhoh.gif
he stuffed the cordless phone and his table tennis ball in MANY times. he can't take them out on his own so i helped him to take them out initially and explained he can't put them in else they will be stuck and difficult to take out. after a while, he does it again!!
angry.gif

then, i am not sure if he is still teething. he keeps putting his fingers into his mouth recently, especially when he is in the car seat and i am driving. then, he smear his saliva all over the car window at his side.
uhoh.gif
i explained again that its not right to do that, especially if he put his fingers back into his mouth, the germs go into his tummy and make him sick. he just grinned at me .. and do it again!
angry.gif
(*fainted! these are some of the times when reasoning doesn't work at all for us!*)

kypf
its a matter of personal choice and determination, i believe any of the mummies here also can work and study if they want to.
happy.gif
thankfully, i take sleep deprivation very well so you see me awake at this hour most of the time, studying and doing assignments. anyway, my hb is also taking a half year course currently, just started and goes for night classes twice a week. other days when he is not studying, he works pretty late frequently and sometimes even on weekends. we bumped into his colleague and wife earlier and the wife kept telling me its time to have a second baby despite knowing both of us are studying now, think i will definitely collapse IF i have a second child now. :p

for your options, it depends on your hb and yourself. for your hb, if its an impt exam and requires alot of time to study, maybe its better for Option 2 so that he can concentrate on his exams and at least know the 3 of you are being well taken care of in Singapore? if you take Option 1, you will have to be prepared to struggle on your own for a few more weeks with the kids. do you think you would much prefer to have your family here to help out?

if you think of it in the way that you get to spend more time with your family here (which you rarely can do it for so long) then maybe you won't feel so bad about it? if the exam is very impt, i would choose Option 2.
happy.gif

Crocs - i think maybe you can measure the length of ethan's feet and get your friend to compare with the sizes? rhyan is wearing 8-9 (going to wear out of this size soon after almost 6 months), i know some of the tots here wear 6-7.

Sports Shoes - i want to get a pair for Rhyan, any recommendations and is there a shopping centre with more choices so that we don't have to search everywhere? thanks!

kypf, haha yeah, not many kids this age are able to self-regulate sleep. On explanations, personally I do believe that your explantion does make a diff, even if Ethan cant verbalise his end yet.
TRIP- hmmmm if I were you, I'll prob pick option 1. I'm a wimp, I cant go so long w/o seeing my hb :p Plus, Faye will miss him too much and he will miss Faye heaps too. But thats just us lor. I can totally see why option 2 is alot more practical tho.

Weird situation- I'm in a really weird sort of tough situation, thing is, Faye NEEDS new pyjamas cause hers are old n not as roomy anymore. But she *refused* to have new ones! I've tried showing her nice ones- pooh, mickey, minnie, various animals, watnot! And when I bring her to stores to choose, she'll flatly refuse to make a choice, and when I try to talk to her abt it, she insists that she only "like old ones only, dont need new ones! wear these anyway!" And I cant just go ahead n buy w/o her consent cause she wont wear them for sure. THen I cant buy duplicates of the current ones cause they are not avaliable anymore.
crazy.gif

Crocs, Aiyo Faye is in between sizes! She has a pair of 6/7 and it fits perfectly with not much room left. I want to get her a new pair of mary-jane type but 8/9 is way too loose! So I am waiting for her to be able to wear 8/9. Oh, and yesterday I was at the crocs boutique at vivo and saw that they have those super cute n gorgeous attachments that you can buy at add to the shoes- tiny shapes of cartoon characters, v pretty, I wanna buy for Faye!
biggrin.gif

Sporty shoes- I've recalled seeing some at places like Royal sporting house, Tanglin mall and great world city has one.

Next Sat 20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x2 tickets]

Next Sun 21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]
(3) Medusa (1 tix + 3 tix for my friend = total 4 tix)
Febnian, hit target, can u buy the tix- we'd FT payment or meet u earlier to pay u cash at venue?

Next Sat 20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x2 tickets]

Next Sun 21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x2 tickets]

Paiseh, I thought I read above age 2 needs tickets, thanks for pointing out.

Btw, what is F.A?

I'll purchase the 8 tickets for 21 Jan (1430hr) performance (A Baroque Dance Party) tomorrow.

Can make payment (exact figures) on the spot when I pass the tickets to you.

I'll try to ask around whether anyone is interested in the performance on Sat morning.

lil prince,
u can check out adidas...they hv a gd range of sport shoes for tods (i saw gabe's classmate wearing a white adidas sport shoes wif blue bands across). John Lil do sell too, brandless type (I tik) if u dun mind.

kypf
if ur hubby can concentrate better and while u guys can spend more time *plus u are okie with staying here longer* then option 2 sounds good?

littleprince
heeee..... R new hobby so cute! i rem quinn use to do certain things which cause some inconvenient for me too but the more i stop him, the more he will do it so i just give up asking him not to do it. but i will gently remind him and telling him tat wat he did actually causes some inconvevient to me and i just keep reminding him GENTLY *not overly ganjiong abt it* then 1 fine day he just decided to stop.
happy.gif

regarding the sport shoe, heeee..... just last week i bot 1 pair for quinn. hubby loves it and i find it cute too.

650177.jpg

febnian
F.A = FREE ADMISSION
happy.gif

NOW me thinking should book 1 more tix so my mum can tag along.........

Next Sat 20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x2 tickets]

Next Sun 21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x2 tickets]

lilprince, berry & little_devil, thanks for your replies. oh, i am Very OK with spending time in my beloved Singapore (or maybe it's been so long that i've forgotten any bad points about Singapore?). i can eat all the food i like + no need to worry about what to cook 3 meals a day, my mom can help me look after 1 or both kids and i get to take a break, all my friends in Singapore, many of them childless so can help entertain Ethan, we can go swimming everyday, or shopping, or just to IMM indoor playground.. it will be a Real Holiday to us. If I return to England early, when my husband starts taking his study leave, we will have to tiptoe around the house so that we don't disturb him, and I will have to entertain the kids and myself, since in Apr it's easter holidays and all the playgroups are closed..

Anyway, y'day we were at inlaws and they went out to visit a relative in hospital, me at home alone with kids and my 12 y/o BIL.. Ethan fell down and got a BIG BUMP on his head, I was so scared, both kids screaming, I wanted to cry myself.. at that time I really thought I'd better go back to Singapore for a longer time, at least I get help for a few months, rather than by myself most of the time. But well, not decided yet..

Berry, if the PJs aren't uncomfortable, then let Faye wear them lor. I remember when I was young I had a red pair of trousers I really loved, I wore them until they became tights, then shorts....

Crocs - Is the next size up 10/11? I know E has quite big feet.. so was thinking buy 8/9 and the next size up. If one too small keep it for Jacqui to wear next time, if one too big can pass to my nephew to wear, hee hee.

febnian,
thanks! Put a note here tomorrow after u've bought the tix? Thanks again! :D

lildevil,
ur mum will like Mozart anot? I'm only going for Athena... if left to my own devices, can't drag me to any classical stuff :p . Think Irvin too young for such stuff- he can't walk, think the floor not clean and cushioned enough to crawl, so he'd feel frustrated anyway. So am going alone with A lor.

kypf,
I wld choose option 2.

kypf,
u particular abt it being genuine crocs or knockoffs ($4? only) gd too? Cos I honestly find no diff btwn crocs and knockoffs- same material. If Ethan bigger feet can fit in knockoffs... Athena's smallest size in Crocs, I haven't found any knockoffs that size. Anyway she has 1 pair of Crocs, enough liao, what with the escalator incidents (crocs being jammed in escalators, losing toe etc).

SHOES-
since talking abt sports shoes. Anywhere got plain white canvas "school" shoes? SMALL sized ones- I only found 1 design in BATA that fits A, dun look very comfortable, looking for more options!

Hi Medusa, Little Devil & Berry,

I just called Gatecrash and confirmed that children aged 24 months and above requires a ticket for admission.

Hi Medusa & Little Devil,

Do let me know the number of tickets you are purchasing.

Next Sat 20 Jan - 1100hr
----------------------
(1) Berry [x2 tickets]

Next Sun 21 Jan - 1430hr
----------------------
(1) Febnian [x3 tickets]

Thanx.

kypf
I'll take option 2!! if it means more time for your hubby to concentrate in preparing for the exams and you will enjoy yourself in Singapore....well, there is web-cam now, so you still can get to "see" each other

little devil
heh heh, i bought the same pair of adidas shoes for yingxin!! planning to let her wear during new year but still too roomy i guess
happy.gif

little prince
can try Isetan at Tampines Mall, 2nd level, sports dept, they have kids sports shoes - le coq sportif, reebok, converse etc

finally registered Yingxin for a half day child care service around Tanjong Katong area! she will be starting class next month....she's been to the centre twice and is attracted to the toys there! hopefully she takes it well, and we need not change her school....will be accompanying her there for the 1st 3 days

febnian,
thanks for the info., will SMS u the total for my side when I get reply from my gf.
happy.gif

Erm, they're not going to check Birth Cert hor? My girl is petite... the last time we went for SSO Baby Prom, she ended up on my lap- she could not sit in separate seat cos too light, kanna swallowed by the fold-up seat!

Medusa
Yingxin also loves standing on her Ikea high chair at home
happy.gif
and she does that during meal times when we are outside too; if high chair is not available, she will stand on whatever chair the restaurant has

dunno why she doesn't like to sit ??

Back