(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

Hi CubbieBB,
I still considering whether to go for the Antenatal lesson. How many times a week? How many lesson? Do u find it useful?

Peg Peg,
I also feeling tired with no appetite to eat. Nausea is also on and off. I still havent gain any weight leh. Dunno whether its healthy for the baby or not.

hi poox!
wow.. long time no hear! yes, i am expecting now
happy.gif
Congratulations on your new marital status. hope you can join me soon
happy.gif

i still meet up with the BV brides every now and then. you should join us one of these days
happy.gif

hi all,
i went to the Motherhood exhibition yesterday. hmm... lotsa milk powder and diapers stuff there. more for mothers who already have babies. the BabySafe stuff are quite cheap. I bought the BabySafe mattress for $125 (usual price: $169).
also signed up for Motherhood magazine there. very good deal
happy.gif

skyblue,

its okay to swim throughout pregnancy as long as you stop when you are tired. a few of my ex-colleagues swam throughout their pregnancies and they feel much better.

I do some of the stretching exercises recommended in the pregnancy books but not consistently (too lazy). they help though.

SLK,you mentioned that u bought your breast pump at mothercare. May i know where is mothercare located? And you bought your breast pump so early,do you worry that you don't have any breast milk after birth cos one of my friend has no breast milk at all after giving birth. I wanted to buy early also but worry I won't have any breast milk after birth than will be wasted.

young jes,

dont worry. I lost weight once morning sickness started and only gain back alittle last week when the morning sickness got better. every time went to gynae saw my weigh go down or stay at same weight but baby is very active so now I dont worry so much. just try to eat whatever you can to prevent gastric. Our baby actually gets all the nutrients and we get the "leftovers", this is to protect our baby.

young_jes, I'm attending antenatal classes at TMC conducted by Mrs Wong, very highly recommended! It'll be good for you and your hubby if you both can attend. Very informative and useful. Tells you very clearly all the dos and donts in pregnancy, discomforts and how to ease them, about what to expect before/during/after labour, the husband's role during your pregnancy/labour, etc. Mrs wong's style of teaching is super humerous, not boring at all. she makes everyone laugh all the time during her class. I highly recommend it to all first-time mothers to be. You wun regret it.

young jes,
the class is once a week.. u can choose wkdays/sat.. but sat is always booked 2 mths in advance one cause it's hot.. so if u want to take in 5th mth, have to book in 3rd mth liao..

Total is 6 lessons.. last time they giving 10 lessons but feedback says the lessons too long.. so they shortened to 6 lessons.. so now is 10 lessons stuff all packed into 6 lessons..

I find it useful for me cause though I read up on books and internet, there r some things whh they teach there cannot b found in books.. eg.
1)(i) various massages to wake up a deep zzz bb for nursing, cause sometimes our bb zzz too deep they dun want to wake up for milk ;
(ii) how to stimulate bb open his mouth for feeding;
(iii)various comfortable position to breastfeed bb so tt we won't get bodyaches;
2) prenatal exercises:- the physiotherapist actually make us practised the exercises on the spot so tt we do it the right way, rather than reading fm the book and figuring out ourselves;
3) labour:- they share their experience on wat to expect during labour, wat will happen usually, wat is our part on tt day to promote an easier labour and I've got a reassurance on wat to expect tt day..
(i) b4 tt I was worrying abt bb in a posterior position will make my labour very difficult, but i later learnt tt contractions actually help bb to shift into anterior position (the right position for labour);and that
(ii)aft bb's head crowned,we not supposed to push, but let bb's head slide out so tt we won't hurt bb's head;and
(iii)aft bb's head out, bb will turn himself to allow his shoulders to slide out too so we dun have to worry bb's shoulder will get stucked in the womb; and
(iv)how we shd position ourselves during delivery to make delivery shorter and prevent bodyaches aft the deliver;
4)they brought us up to the delivery suite and familiarise us wif the settings n equipments there so tt on actual day, our hubby/partner will noe wat to do, where and when to get the proper equipment for us.. and the sister actually rehearsed the actual day scenario n the sequence of happenings;
5) we will also b learning ways to carry n take care of bb n bathing him..

Hubby learn together wif me.. things whh he nvr noe b4 now he understand:-
1)wat nutrition is best for bb;
2)wat exercises is good for mummy;
3)wat he'll c in the labour suite and wat he can do to help;
4)to learn our ever changing pregnant bodies, and understand our uncontrollable moodswings and accepting our postnatal body (like enlarged nipples and postnatal tummy);and
5)how to take care and bond wif bb etc..and a lot more...

On top of it, we also received freebies like:-
1)bb receiving blanket;
2)bb milk powder container;
3)bb feeding bowl;
4)Avent products like relaxing bath & shower essence and foot & leg reviver gel;
5)Palmer's nursing cream, stretchmarks cream and nappies rash cream samples;

sorry.. very loh soh.. Hope I didn't missed out any thing

Hullo all,

I just bought my bb cot and car seat from the kaki bukit bb hypermart I think last Tues. They are having offers too and yes u can bargain with them. We managed to reduce the price further and get them to throw in more freebies to us, but of course must be veri insistent. The car seat now comes with a bolster seat (hope I spell correctly) free. Hv fun! Now all those big items settled oredy.

SLK, so nothing much for to be mum ah, my frenz said lotsa free diaper samples given out, is tat true?

hi yeeyee,
i bought it from the mothercare at suntec.
it was sold out at parkway branch.
not worried cos i am determined to BF. was telling myself that at most i sell it off at yahoo auction if i don't use it in the end
happy.gif

hi yingzi,
they were giving out lots of free milk powder samples. not sure abt the diapers cos i didn't check out the the diapers booth. my main objective there was to support my niece who was in the baby competition. she managed to squeeze her way through to the finals
happy.gif

i went to kaki bukit baby hypermart too and saw a interesting play pen, can rock and it's portable! cost $138 and can even use for travelling...find it very interesting coz next time can bring the whole play pen tomy frend houses when i go visiting

wow realli ah, then she must be veri lovable.
happy.gif
dun think I will be going and squeezed with others. Nowadays dun like crowds....

yingzhi & slk
Me too nwadays dun like crowded place. Do u noe that flu virus is comin back. I oso sick be'cos of flu so pls take care & avoid crowded place.

105534.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ wk 31-May
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD .. . Week

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 25
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 wk 26 MAH / B
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 26 TMC / B
lilo ........... 20/09/04 wk 24 TMC / G
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 24 MAH / B
berry .......... 21/09/04 wk 24 TMC / G
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 23 MAH / G
ww ............. 29/09/04 wk 23 KKH / ??
pets ........... 03/10/04 wk 22 TMC / G
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 22 TMC / G
SLK ............ 08/10/04 wk 21 GEH / B
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 21 MAH / G
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 21 GEH / B
blisse ......... 11/10/04 wk 21 GEH / G
are ............ 12/10/04 wk 21 MEH / G
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 wk 20 ESH / ??
dee ............ 22/10/04 wk 19 GEH / ??
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 19 GEH / B
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 19
cosmo .......... 01/11/04 wk 18
AC ............. 06/11/04 wk 18 GEH / B
young jes ...... 18/11/04 wk 18 MEH / ??
joyful ......... 20/11/04 wk 16
peg peg ........ 22/11/04 wk 16 MAH / ??
melbb .......... 26/11/04 wk 16
sybil .......... 26/11/04 wk 16
chihiro ........ 02/12/04 wk 14
TBL ............ 02/12/04 wk 14
rochelle ....... 02/12/04 wk 14 RH / B
plong .......... 08/12/04 wk 13 KKH / ??
woof ........... 08/12/04 wk 13
kypf ........... 08/12/04 wk 13 GEH / ??
emma ........... 09/12/04 wk 13
jen ............ 09/12/04 wk 13
melody ......... 20/12/04 wk 13
chantelle ...... 12/12/04 wk 13
guess .......... 12/12/04 wk 13 MEH / ??
wendypooh ...... 22/12/04 wk 11 GEH / ??
oranges ........ 22/12/04 wk 11 TMC / ??
jov ............ 05/01/05 wk 09

<font color="ff0000">GEH - GlenE, MAH - Mt A; MEH - Mt E; ESH - East Shore; RH - Raffles</font>
<font color="119911">remind me if I left u out or get ur date wrong</font>
wink.gif

</font></font>

Just did my blood test including the triple test. the doctor took out one normal syringe of blood for three tubes so not scary at all. said I would know the results in two weeks time.

oranges, ya me having sore throat already. Hopefully dun fall sick so easily, I'm so scared of falling sick now.

pet, will post it tmr k. Dun hv it with me now.

hi all mtb,

can i know if any of your MS / nausea has worsen from the 8th - 12th weeks or even up to 16th wk? and is it true that it will only be better after week 16?

Thanks...

Hi dolphina, my MS worsened from weeks 8-12. I was always nauseous, but never threw up until that time. From week 13/14 it just subsided. Now I feel fine. But I have read that some people do have MS until week 16. Are you one of those? Hang in there, it'll be over soon!

dolphina....MS should depend on individuals, usually better after the 3rd mth, for myself, i do not encounter MS

ladies...have any of u attended pre-natal classes? my hospital timing is right after working hrs, dun tink i can make it
sad.gif

thanks sybil/AC,

i have been having nausea feeling since week 6 but not throwing up. but then it has turn for the worse now at wk 8 whereby i have the nausea feeling the whole day and i can sense that it will get worse and maybe i will start to throw up anytime soon...
sad.gif

i really hope that mine will subside by the end of 1st tri which is about 1 more month to go (seems very far for me now) and i get worried that it will stretch till 16 weeks. I will faint if this is the case...

thanks for your encouragement! does anyone of you have any remedy to ease the symptoms? my gynae did give me some med but i dun wan to rely on it unless it get really unbearable...

Dolphina
My MS come on,off but somethin juz tell myself dun tink of it. Then i'll feel better. Nw i'm at 11wk still hvin MS.

Yingzi
Pls drink lots of water &amp; take care. My poor hubby oso sick hopefully he'll get well soon &amp; dun pass the virus to me &amp; bb cos i juz recover.
sad.gif

Dear all
Flu virus is back so all MTB pls take care &amp; avoid crowded place.

drinking chicken essence somehow helps alleviate flu symptoms and speed up recovery. rather costly though but I didnt want to take flu medicine.

dolphina, my MS started on wk 5 and worsen till wk 11 when it slowly subsides, then wk 14 it's completely gone. It's the worst part of my pregnancy but it's over now. So however hard the path is, hang on to it cos one day it will be gone but the little ones in ur stomach will stay with u and know what u are going thr. I took many diff types of sour sweets, ginger, juices. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. I din take the med prescribe by my gynae though.

Oranges, thanks...hopefully will not be down. Ok ok, will post it tmr. Tonight go home will copy down the address.
happy.gif

Rochelle
Oh ya y i didn't tink of takin chicken essence to boost up my stamina.I get flu very often &amp; nw i'm preggie i hv to take extra care of my health. Btw, 1 wk u take hw many bottle of chicken essence?

ladies

me went to the motherhood fair and subsribe the mag, really worth it, tons of freebies! but then, nothing much to buy...

hi yingzi and oranges,

thanks for the encouragements....sometimes just dun wanna to think about it but its kind of really hard....

hope i can endure the next few weeks like wat all of you here have done...good job!
happy.gif

cheers

Rochella,
think i'm getting the virus too. feel like fever now! i bought chichken essense but dunno when to drink leh! u drink @ nite or morning? heard tat it's very smelly, but guess i no choice now. got to drink first b4 getting too late...

dolphina,
not to scare u, but now i'm in wk14 still got MS. not as nausea as wk8~11, but on &amp; off exp in early morning always throw up yellow liquid. like wat they say, dun think abt it may be u will feel better.
happy.gif

AC,
if yr hospital timing is after work, u can book other hospital's classes. Like me I chose Raffles Hosp but their classes only start in the evening, so I enrol under TMC lor.

Orange,

everyday I take one bottle from the first day my cough or running nose starts. usually 2-3 days the flu clears up but I kiasu and continued drinking. also drinking at night helps me sleep better, i dont know why.

My MIL and mother both say chicken essence good for pregnancy but a bottle a day quite costly.

TBL,

what I do is to pour out the chicken essence onto a cup, then put hot water into the empty bottle to pour out to the cup (2 times). Then the chicken essence smell would not be so strong and the chicken essence would be warm.

You can drink when you reach office before starting work as older folks always say to take herbs on empty stomach. or you can take at night before you sleep.

TBL...i tot have to attend the classes in the hospital we deliver!

Rochelle...can we take chinese herbs? my gynea last time told me not to take chinese herbs but mayb it's due to unstable stage initially...if can then i also take chicken essence, i quite like the taste

AC,

chicken essence and bird nest is okay. chinese herbs with alcohol content is not okay as alcohol would harm baby's kidney and liver.

the chinese herbal soups sold at food court/hawker centre may not be safe as dont know what herbs are used.

chinese herbs are very potent and we might take in the wrong amount causing harm to ourselves, which is probably why your gynae say cannot take.

Rochella,
Thks for yr advise but my friend told me chicken essence is quite heaty right?
Can chk wif u the chinese cooking wine can we eat? U noe something is added in steam fish.

Orange,

chicken essence is heaty but a bottle a day is not that heaty.

the chinese cooking wine used for steaming fish and flavoring meat is suppose to be okay if all the wine has evaporated during the cooking process but it is better to play safe and not take any. you can steam fish with ginger, tomatoes, spring onions for taste instead of adding the wine.

rochelle, you drink chicken essence at night? I thought its supposed to help 'ti2 shen2' as in relieve fatigue and help tiredness? Wouldnt it keep you awake at night? I do love chicken essence, but I get heaty easily, so I can't drink more than 1-2 times a week or I'll feel heaty.

AC, the best herb to take during pregnancy is cordyceps.

Yingzi, which cot and car seat did you buy? How much did you pay?

CubbieBB, wow, you get freebies from antenatal classes too? keke..I hope TMC antenatal class also give us freebies, but so far nothing yet.

I drank chic essence during my 1st tri cos I was spotting then n my family said chic essence is heaty so it's gd for my body. That time, I drank every alternate day.

Now I dun really drink cos my ILs said chic essence has some ingredients in it (I forgot wat it is) n drinking too much will result in bb's skin not very gd.

I also agree with berry that chic essence is to ti shen, so I guess more appropriate to drink in morning.

<font color="0000ff">Cordyceps</font>
Traditional Use:
Build vitality and strength Cordyceps sinensis (CS-4 strain grown in controlled fermentation) is considered to have stronger adaptogenic properties than ginseng. It is thought to restore energy and to slow aging.

Benefits:
A natural Chinese supplement, Cordyceps benefits several body systems, including the circulatory, immune, respiratory and glandular systems. In addition, Cordyceps:

Is traditionally used to help the body build strength, endurance and stamina.
Offers energizing support to people experiencing fatigue.
Aids the upper respiratory tract and promotes healthy lung function.
Supports male potency and female vitality.
Supports the kidneys.
Helps the body maintain proper blood viscosity.
Has properties similar to those of ginseng.

<font color="0000ff">if we can't take ginseng, &amp; cordeceps has similar properties as ginseng, can we still take??</font>

105779.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ wk 31-May
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD .. . Week

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 25
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 wk 26 MAH / B
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 26 TMC / B
lilo ........... 20/09/04 wk 24 TMC / G
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 24 MAH / B
berry .......... 21/09/04 wk 24 TMC / G
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 23 MAH / G
ww ............. 29/09/04 wk 23 KKH / ??
pets ........... 03/10/04 wk 22 TMC / G
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 22 TMC / G
SLK ............ 08/10/04 wk 21 GEH / B
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 21 MAH / G
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 21 GEH / B
blisse ......... 11/10/04 wk 21 GEH / G
are ............ 12/10/04 wk 21 MEH / G
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 wk 20 ESH / ??
dee ............ 22/10/04 wk 19 GEH / ??
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 19 GEH / B
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 19
cosmo .......... 01/11/04 wk 18
AC ............. 06/11/04 wk 18 GEH / B
young jes ...... 18/11/04 wk 18 MEH / ??
joyful ......... 20/11/04 wk 16
peg peg ........ 22/11/04 wk 16 MAH / ??
melbb .......... 26/11/04 wk 16
sybil .......... 26/11/04 wk 16
chihiro ........ 02/12/04 wk 14
TBL ............ 02/12/04 wk 14
rochelle ....... 02/12/04 wk 14 RH / B
plong .......... 08/12/04 wk 13 KKH / ??
woof ........... 08/12/04 wk 13
kypf ........... 08/12/04 wk 13 GEH / ??
emma ........... 09/12/04 wk 13
jen ............ 09/12/04 wk 13
melody ......... 20/12/04 wk 13
chantelle ...... 12/12/04 wk 13
guess .......... 12/12/04 wk 13 MEH / ??
wendypooh ...... 22/12/04 wk 11 GEH / ??
oranges ........ 22/12/04 wk 11 TMC / ??
jov ............ 05/01/05 wk 09

<font color="ff0000">GEH - GlenE, MAH - Mt A; MEH - Mt E; ESH - East Shore; RH - Raffles</font>
<font color="119911">remind me if I left u out or get ur date wrong</font>
wink.gif

</font></font>

Morning all,

As promised,
Baby's Kingdom
83 Kaki Bukit Ave 1
Shun Li Industrial Park
Singapore 417954
Mon to Sun &amp; PH 10am to 9pm.

Berry, I bought walnut colour wood for the cot which is 4 in 1 - bb cot, playpen, infant bed till 5-6 yrs old and sofa set. It's adjustable with 4 wheels for u to move ard. Comes wif complete bedding set and a bouncer. We bargain for safety mattress and a comforter to come with it.Car seat brand is beaufort. Free with bolster seat. We managed to reduce the price further by 15%, so to us it's a good buy.

So for those who wishes to make purchase there, do bargain esp when u buy high end items. Their service is gd. My cot will be sent to my place tmr.
happy.gif

morning gals...

haiz....i got stretch marks on my belly....red red ones...very ugly....wonder it will go off after i give birth....
uhoh.gif
...this mornng found some on my breast too....aiyooo... sigh

adeline

How many weeks are u now? I oso hve...very ugly..Sigh. I tink after birth i'm going to ask for help...
sad.gif

angelia, the 'properties' mentioned in this case could refer to the uses of cordyceps, and not the content(ie, what it contains). Cordyceps are definitely one of the safest herbs to take, and I(being quite paranoid about herbs) even verified this with my chinese physician, my gynea, the head nurse in my gynea's office and my antenatal instructor(whose family runs a medical shop).

adeline and guess_jan, stretchmarks might fade slightly over time or lighten, but wont go away completely on its own.

hi ladies
has anybody experienced side effects like diarrhea and nausea from Prenavit, the prenatal multivitamin? i took one yesterday and have been having diarrhea and nausea but not sure if it's due to this multivit. thanks...

peg peg,
I also had loose bowels after taking the multivit. But i'm not sure if coincidence or wat. Btw do u still con't with the folic acid?

Angelia,
I had a scan yest and gynae says likely to be a boy. I'll be going to Mt Alvernia.

joyful
no, i've stopped folic acid and was given prenavit and calcium lactate. btw, was at Dr Cheng's clinic yesterday for the triple testing - it's a large tube of blood drawn that makes up 4 small tubes so was a little giddy yesterday and even til now. my hands also ached a little after the withdrawal. when's ur appt?

Hi angelia

Can i take cordyceps in 1st tri ? is it safe, as gynae said dun take herb at the moment. Pls advise. Thks
talker.gif

Yinzi.... Thks for the address.

Berry
When did u start taking cordyceps ? Hw much do i need to buy &amp; hw much? U bought it fm normal medical hall or yu2 ren2 sheng1 ? Sorry so many qtn?
embarrassed.gif

Back