(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

oranges, I didnt dare to take any herbs in first tri, best to wait till after week 14 or 15 minimum. I started taking cordyceps from about week 15-16 onwards. My MIL is the one who bought for me, one 'liang' for around $300++, from horsebrand (we trust only horsebrand and eu yang sang, cause there are fake cordyceps selling everywhere).

peg peg,
I went there yest for the triple test too. Anyway the test not food related so can be after food also fine. I feel ok after that...no pains or giddy. Maybe later i call sharon to ask abt the folic acid.

Have you put on weight? I didn't gain much since the last time only a miserable 0.4Kg. But how come i feel heavier now..gynae kept reassuring me it's fine.

joyful,
missed ur other msg...so you were at the clinic yesterday as well? i was there at abt 9.30am, what abt you? and good for u! managed to see the gender..
happy.gif
my baby was moving about, jumping up and down so cannot see anything...guess i have to wait 5 weeks later for the detailed scan...

joyful,
i guess i must be quite weak then that's why i felt all the discomfort and fatigue...
sad.gif
been taking essence of chicken every alternate days but still tired...
well, despite my constant diarrhea and loose stools, i still gain abt 2-3kg...
wink.gif
maybe i've been eating too much junk...hehe...
but dun worry, i'm sure your appetite will start to increase and gain some more weight...
when's ur detailed scan?

Peg peg,
I was there ard noon. I'm taking chicken of essence every 1.5wk..cos i try not to "clash" with the other tonics i take during weekend..scare heaty.

Gynae also complained he's moving ard very hard to see...but after a few tries..he managed to see it though i can't figure out what's on screen.

joyful,
just curious - what other tonics do u take? i've been wanting to take some tonics as well but don't know what...

yea i agree, the pic on the screen has become more complicated, i was also struggling to figure out what's what yesterday...

for me, i sleep better with something in my stomach so drinking chicken essence at night helps me to relax and sleep better. for me the "ti shen" effect not there, even drink in the morning still can nap for a few hours.

rochelle,
same here. the "ti shen" effect for me is not there too, think my body and mind is too tired for it to take effect...i took one bottle last night before i sleep and i'm still sleepy...
yawn.gif

Peg peg,
Nothing much at the moment cos just started recently, had (homecook) black chicken soup once and pao sheng twice. I'm thinking of buying cordyceps but haven't done that yet. I also find chicken of essence don't really ti shen..but just drink it anyway.

today morning did my maternity ward tour at raffles hosp with my hubby. my hubby very comical, asked what is the TV in the delivery suite used for since no time to watch tv. they have a leather armchair for the hubby to sit in the delivery suite.

we tour the one-bedded ward and it came with internet access. my hubby can definitely make use of the internet access. the nursery had two babies when we were there which is good becos we want as high a staff to baby ratio as possible for our baby. we saw the two-bedded ward but we are willing to pay premium for my hubby to stay over and not having to share toilets.

joyful,
i also made my own pao sheng with black chicken soup and thinking of buying cordyceps too but i heard it's very ex, maybe will go eu yan sang to have a look...

are u still taking your multivit?

Rochelle,
Your maternity tour sounds fun.
happy.gif

think i'm going to go for mine soon...

Berry
Thks for yr reply, ya mayb i'll wait until i'm 14wks then take. So nw i'm at 11wks can i eat chicken essence? & wat other food can i eat to boost my stamina, feelin very tired.

Rochelle

so early you go for maternity tour liao? I always thought it abt end pregancy then go tour. guess i'm wrong..!

my doc did give me some info on maternity ward tour, in that case, i better call n book early coz i think need to book the maternity room liao..

oranges, you can take chicken essence now, if you can take heatiness, can try to take chicken regularly (eg, few times a week), should help with blood circulation and gives you the extra boost you need. Also, rest as much as you can. that's all you can do for now. Its v natural to feel tired during this period.

Berry
I get heaty very easily mayb will take 1-2 bottles per wk. I can only take chicken durin wkend(cos wkend then go mkting,wkday we dun cook).
I tink Supermarket frozen chicken not so fresh so didn't buy n cook soup. Hw abt u,u bought the chicken fm wet mkt or supermkt?

I goin for my checkup tmr,i hope my bb will be heatlhy.

Oranges, I buy my chicken (black or white) from supermarket (carrefour or cold storage), but I dun buy frozen-n-thawed ones, I buy only fresh ones. If you go to the supermarket earlier, you can find quite alot of nice and fresh chickens there.

oranges, yeah, they have fresh chickens too, but you need to go earlier, cause from what I notice, NTUC dun re-stock fresh chicken (usually snapped up the fastest) after its sold out (carrefour replenishes stock several times throughout the whole day). So just go earlier to NTUC make sure they're still available.

Hi CubbieBB,
Thanks for the info, i'm still thinking whether to go for TMC one or MT A one.

Angelia,
Think u have got my dates wrong. I'm in week 16 now, EDD is 18th Nov, and i'm delivering in Mt Alvernia. Thanks.
happy.gif

Berry,
Think TMC also giving freebies, if I didn't c wrongly fm some previous postings.. mayb it's at the end of the session is it
happy.gif

btw, U felt yr braxton hicks liao buay.. Mine very uncomfortable since last wk and the backache is killing me.. sometimes i sit for a longer period of time and the moment I get up, I feel my bones is going to give way, it's the kind of rheumatism pain
sad.gif
. Do u have it? ..

Young jes,
I've heard many good comments abt Mrs Wong too.. it's just tt I'm delivering in Mt A, so I want to b more familiar wif this hosp so tt when I give birth I feel comfortable..

Either one, u'll benefit greatly cause they teaches mainly the same good old stuff tt every 1st time MTB should noe.. Just choose the one U most comfy wif and dun book too late..

I envy u ladies.. can take chix essence up to twice a wk.. I can only take it once fortnightly, if not I kena heatiness man! Talking abt this, it's been a long time since I've opened up a bottle of essence.. I gonna get one now
wink.gif

106217.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ wk 07-Jun
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD .. . Week

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 26
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 wk 27 MAH / B
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 27 TMC / B
lilo ........... 20/09/04 wk 25 TMC / G
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 25 MAH / B
berry .......... 21/09/04 wk 25 TMC / G
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 24 MAH / G
ww ............. 29/09/04 wk 24 KKH / ??
pets ........... 03/10/04 wk 23 TMC / G
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 23 TMC / G
SLK ............ 08/10/04 wk 22 GEH / B
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 22 MAH / G
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 22 GEH / B
blisse ......... 11/10/04 wk 22 GEH / G
are ............ 12/10/04 wk 22 MEH / G
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 wk 21 ESH / ??
dee ............ 22/10/04 wk 20 GEH / ??
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 20 GEH / B
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 20
cosmo .......... 01/11/04 wk 19
AC ............. 06/11/04 wk 19 GEH / B
young jes ...... 18/11/04 wk 17 MAH / ??
joyful ......... 20/11/04 wk 17 MAH / B
peg peg ........ 22/11/04 wk 17 MAH / ??
melbb .......... 26/11/04 wk 17
sybil .......... 26/11/04 wk 17
chihiro ........ 02/12/04 wk 15
TBL ............ 02/12/04 wk 15
rochelle ....... 02/12/04 wk 15 RH / B
plong .......... 08/12/04 wk 14 KKH / ??
woof ........... 08/12/04 wk 14
kypf ........... 08/12/04 wk 14 GEH / ??
emma ........... 09/12/04 wk 14
jen ............ 09/12/04 wk 14
melody ......... 20/12/04 wk 14
chantelle ...... 12/12/04 wk 14
guess .......... 12/12/04 wk 14 MEH / ??
wendypooh ...... 22/12/04 wk 12 GEH / ??
oranges ........ 22/12/04 wk 12 TMC / ??
jov ............ 05/01/05 wk 10

<font color="ff0000">GEH - GlenE, MAH - Mt A; MEH - Mt E; ESH - East Shore; RH - Raffles</font>
<font color="119911">remind me if I left u out or get ur date wrong</font>
wink.gif

</font></font>

good morning ladies!

CubbiebBB, last sat when I went for my antenatal class, we got some free gifts as well keke... got a small bottle of Avent liquid talc, 3 bottles of latacyd body wash (for baby), 1 bottle of latacyd femnine wash, 1 small Avent milk bottle and alot of writeups/brouchures.
Actually till now I still dun know how to identify BHC leh. How to tell? I've been having bad backaches for days liao, everyday and everynight, no matter how I sit/stand or even lie down, can still feel my backache. And sometimes my joints(elbows and knees) also ache. Its so common that I'm almost used to the sensation liao lol. Lucky my hubby learnt how to give me back massage during antenatal class, so he's been massaging my back every night, and it really helps alot. Try getting your hubby to massage your back, and use the deep heat rub called 'Bengay'(green tube). Its recommended to me by the head nurse in my gynea's office, very safe &amp; quite effective.

Young Jes, the antenatal class I attended really helped alot. It will be really great if you can attend with your hubby. It will teach him alot about how to support you emotionally throughtout the pregnancy, what to expect, how to give you labour support, baby care (how to bathe, groom and diaper baby), and more. Highly recommended.

<font color="aa00aa">berry,</font>
i can't wait to start my antenatal class, but gotta wait till 26 Jun..

my backache oso getting worse.... hiaz...

gd morning ladies !

how's everyone doing??

long time nv logged in .. was v.bz with work
am gg for chkup tis evening .. so excited !
can see bb again .. hopefully can catch a glimsp of bb's gender ..
biggrin.gif

berry
Thks for all the mktin info. R u feelin better today? r u still hvin backache ? Did u chk wif gynae hw to relieve to tha pain?

Hi everyone
Jen , are u better?

So far, I can eat and appetite improve, hope this will last long.

I think i will take my calcium and iron pill and stop my folic acid.

When do we apply stretchmark cream?

take care!

i signed up for TMC's class cos intend to deliver there
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
i oso going for gynae appt tonight
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">emma</font>
glad u r feeling better.
how's everything?
i've started applying stretchmark cream starting from wk12

<font color="ff6000">jen</font>
how hv u been? feeling better now tt u r approaching 2nd tri soon?

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
ixxit? so qiao !! wat time is ur appt?
mine suppose to be 8.45pm, but will try to be there early then i can go for dinner after tt..
am oredi tinking abt eating fried fish bee hoon from the opp coffeeshop liao ..
lame.gif

angelia, is it Mrs wong's class? If it is, I garantee you'll enjoy every min of it! She's really good, gives alot of useful and practical tips that are not found in textbooks. The rest of the nurses conducting the other classes are all trained by her, she's the most experienced and senior there, she's even written a book that will launch sometime later this year.

Aiyo, I accidentally ate one and half slice of slightly moudly bread!! Now keeping my fingers crossed that my tummy will be fine. I didnt notice the slight moudly part until I finished one and half slice!
sad.gif

<font color="ff6000">berry</font>
so far any "dong jing" in ur tummy?
nx time better scruntinize our food properly before eating .. :p

i've got v.bad constipation lately leh ..
uhoh.gif

any specific brand of prune juice tt we can't take?

Chihiro, Emma,

I'm in week 14 this week. I keep hoping to feel better but so far still don't.. it's starting to get me down and I'm thinking stupid thoughts in my head and then feeling bad about it
sad.gif

I've been taking calcium pills and folic acid with sprite as i threw up after taking it with water. Anyone know if there's any bad effects?

chihiro, so far my tummy still feels fine *keeping fingers crossed*. Next time I'll make sure I peer closely at my food before eating it...
For your constipation, try taking one big glass of hot water the first thing in the morning, this is taught by my antenatal instructor, works almost everytime for me. V effective. Also, try taking yogurt every day, it helps.

Berry
Next time u muz QC yr foods b4 eatin.
We can eat yogurt ? I thought cannot eat???

Chihiro
I oso hv constipation problem. U can take any brand as long as is prune juice. I tried Sunsweet &amp; the other 1 i forgotten wat brand. Normally, these 2 prunes juice will be place next to each other in supermkt.

Berry,
My BHC is the feeling ard the stomach it becomes very tight, so tight tt my right side (under the liver) have the kind of kena squeezed pain..

me is a naughty gal.. kekeke.. my hubby at nite massage, me in the day will do a lot of houseworks.. cause we r shifting house, so I've been cleaning the hse, throwing things and repacking my stuffs till my body screaming for help.. he always says ,"aft u give birth then pack lah!" but i can't stand the sight of so many things hee hee.. even my mum also can't stand me..

oranges, yogurt is good for health and 100% fine/good for us.

CubbieBB, for the sake of your back, better stop doing packing/housework now. We still have few months to go, I'm actually quite worried that my backache will worsen as time goes by, also worried that I wun even be able to walk properly. Imagine how inconvenient and terrible it'll becomes worse.

<font color="ff6000">berry, oranges</font>
thanks !!

<font color="ff6000">hi kypf</font>
i still do feel nauseous occassionally
and im feeling it now.. wonder ixxit got to do with my lunch
uhoh.gif

had wan ton hor fun + chilli.. almost waste my lunch juz now ..
sad.gif

feeling terrible now though ...

chihiro,
aiyo...how are u feeling now? nvm, sometime after throw up will feel better. Me this 2wks oso like tat, feel nausea occasionally. But i realised cannot eat too full, or else will throw up lah! Did u take a lot (lunch) just now?
so envy u can see bb tonite, me got to wait till nxt saturday. Hope u can see bb's gender.
happy.gif
Do keep us posted.

chihiro, maybe the chilli or the oil in hor fun irritated your tummy. Next time, take lighter and more easily digestible food like bee hoon soup or porridge.

Chihiro.. actually i have not dare to eat chilli for the past 2 months plus as I'm afraid it will aggravate the bloatedness and nausea. Could that be what cause your irritation?

I also notice that if i wait too long before i eat it will also make me feel sick, like, too much bile or gastric juice build up in the stomach or what. And after eating throw up, don't feel like eating after that
sad.gif

hi hi,
recently i have craving on gassy drinks leh, do you think it's ok to drink while pregnant? well, i tried to avoid coke as it contains caffine. so now always go for sprite/ 7up or F&amp;N orange. everytime after drinking feel like very happy leh!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">tbl</font>
thanks !
happy.gif

ya, i do feel much better after making my contribution
drinking hot water now ..
ya, tink cannot eat too full.. i almost finished all the hor fun juz now .. :p

<font color="ff6000">berry</font>
thanks !
happy.gif

i oso dunno y like tt
tink its either chilli or i eat too much lor
scully bb dun like wan ton .. coz last fri i ate a bit wan ton noodles for breakfast oso dun feel gd after tt ..
uhoh.gif

<font color="ff6000">kypf</font>
for the 1st 3mths, i still eat chilli as normal leh ... otherwise food like taste v.blend like tt
i guess green chilli cld be part of the reason bah
so now, u agar agar the time when u will be hungry, hv some light snacks 1st.. the little one inside cannot wait
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">tbl</font>
i oso like to drink cold water .. :p
drink almost anything cold except coke
biggrin.gif

Chihiro,
I still take chilli with my food else very cham leh. I think unless it is very spicy, otherwise should not cause much problem. I find eating too full or too hungry is worse on the stomach.

Micky,

Did the hospital tour early as wanted to make sure hubby is comfortable with the hospital. if he dont like than would have to look for another one. luckily he is okay with it.

TBL,

me and my SIL been drinking coke. but it is more like 120 ml of coke with lots of ice and every few days. think our babies like coke becos we both coke crazy. I let most of the gas go out of the coke before drinking so that I dont have so much gas built up.

Chihiro,

oily food makes me throw up quite consistently during the 5-8 week than it got better. i am a very slow eater so maybe that helps.

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
regardless of what time is the appt, i'll try to reach there at 7pm.. then no need to wait till dunno what time..
lol.gif

so nowadays, usu by 7:40~7:45 we're out of the clinic
lame.gif
anyway, my appt is 7pm tonight, cos the nurse told us tonight a lot of pple..... so i think u better "chiong" down.. or get ur hubby to go 1st lah.

hope u get to see ur bb's gender tonight. eh, got prep-talk ur bb or not??

i specifically asked for Mrs Wong's class cos heard so many good feedbacks on her
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">TBL,</font>
7-up, Sprite, 100+ are okie to drink
happy.gif

actually now i extend the cold drinks to chrysantamum, sugar cane, but still dun dare to take green tea, jia-jia..

i'm not a gassy drink fan, so no coke is alrite
happy.gif

Back