1 or 2 bedder in Mt Alvernia?

eebomb11

Hi all Mommies delivered at MtA,

Appreciate for advice on 1 or 2 bedder is better in Mt Alvernia? Really want to find out if its ok or comfortable for the 2 bedder?

Thank you

Hi there
for my first night i was in 2 bedded as single bedded not available. Only 2nd night then i moved in to single bedded. I would prefer single bedded as you have the toilet to yourself and no one to disturb you. My first night i coudln't sleep cuz the other person keep snoring and also the visitors also left quite late...so disturbing for me...but for single bedded i totally enjoyed my stay haha like hotel room hee spacious...all by yourself..hee

Thanks for advice, will re-consider my choice for the rooms. Sounds to me there is also more privacy for 1 bed. The price diff is quite significant for the 1 vs 2. Dilemma....

By the way, did you attend the antenatal class from MtA? Was it good?

Hello..I had delivered in Mt A too..opt for a 2bedded..but would adv you to go for 1 bedded if you have the budget cos my adv same as Etelle...
I didnt go for the antenatal class though wanted so much..but when you dlvred in Mt A..they have some short 10-15mins classes going on too! I attended the Bathing class for baby with my hubby.

ya, take 1 bedded if got budget and hubby can stay over to help u go loo especially delivering by C-section.

Hmm..if thats the case, will probably head for the 1 bedded =) Thanks for the advice.

so actually you need not attend antenatal classes? can actually take the small classes in MtA? Is it beneficial to attend the antental classes?

hi eembomb11
initially at admission, i was warded at 2 bedded but the visitors from my next bed are very noisy even though they knew I've just delivered.

So my hb requested the staff nurse to shift me to their 1 bedded room. It was very spacious and u can 'house' a lot of visitors at 1 go.. and best of all, we just pay extra $60 per night and my hb get to sleep over with meals provided too..

For me, we save money and did not attend the antenatal class, cos we feel we will automatically pick up all the parenting skills as we go along..

hope this helps U in making decision for 1 or 2 bedded.. last thing to say.. overall the service from their nurses are good n efficient
happy.gif

eebomb11
i did not take the antenatal class le...but like genki i went for the bathing lesson during my stay in the hospital also got BF class....by the way how much is the diff between 2 bedded and single bedded?? i forget le..

hubby staying over gives me alot of support and assistance hee cuz hor i got swollen piles walk also pain sit also pain change one position also pain ....

antenatal classes not much use lah. i also attended but didnt use any of the exercise they teach (too lazy lah). but i did go and see the bathing lesson which is useful for firt timers.

i would choose the 1 bed again as my hb can stay over (think pay extra $60 with meals per night for hb) and help me during the night with bb (during bfeeding). also he can fetch for me!

Now i with 15 weeks pregnant for my second baby. But this is the first time i going to delivery in Singapore. I have a question, is that after delivery, baby will stay at the same room with mummy? (i mean in Mt.A, normal delivery)

i think it depends on you, but they have a bb ward where the babies spend the night with the nurses taking care of them (babies are also bathe there and given the UV(?) light if they have jaundice). but they will wheel the baby to you for feeding (esp if u request for bfeeding), and u can also bring the baby over during the daytime when u (or your relatives) wanna see the baby...

yah (but when they are changing shift they won't allow the bb to be taken out..but this is only for a short while)...but at night give bb to them to take care so u can have a good sleep!

Hi Sandy,

Did you have to pay for any penalty for the upgrade done on the spot? I looked at the pamplet, the difference was 500 for 1 vs 2 bedder =P $60 more for the hubby sound quite decent too...

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the advice, think I will go for the 1 bedder as its quieter and also more privacy =) Wow, maybe the antenatal classes are not that necessary after all. Lets say if we have problems with breast feeding, will there be mid wives or nurses to help out? Thought by attending the antenatal classes can know the nurses that conduct the training, then they are more likely to help if we encounter problems.

Are the nurses willing to help if we have problems in breast feeding?

eebomb11
yes, mt alvernia has lactation consultant and nurses who can help u in proper breastfeeding techniques if u need help. in fact, for mt alvernia mommies, even after disccharge, there's a breastfeeding hotline u can call them if you have any questions. btw, the maternity package at mt alvernia also include 1 free antenatal class (u can go anything during your 3 day stay there) where they teach you some excercise to strenghten your pelvic muscles, etc...

Hi eebomb11
no leh.. we didn't pay any penalty for upgrading to 1 bedder..

if u have worry for BF, after u have delivered yr bb, their lactation consultants does their rounds in the AM to check if u r having any problem.. and they will guide U along.. the nurses also are helpful in terms of BF..
happy.gif

Ku
as and when u want the baby can buzz for the nurse to bring to you if hubby not around to help....
happy.gif
and as for bb with you in the same room...Mmmm dun think so le...oly for feeding or day time like working mum said where friends/ relatives come ...

eebomb11
u mean voer all everything $500 more is it??? i forget the charges le...wondering how much is it per day for single bedded... yeah they very pro BF one so no worries no one help...but if u dun want to BF u may feel stressed out lor....

hi ku,
i believe u can...but advice is to rest as much as possible and let the nurses take care (esp during the night loh). after all, u will have all the time to your little angel after discharge!

Hi Working Mon,

Thanks for the advice. Maybe just 2 days stay should be alright. After discharge can see my little angle from morning to night.

Ku
yeah lor...after delivery ur little angel need pro care and u too need ample rest so let the pros take care of her...you have one lifetime to stay with her hee
happy.gif
ask ur hubby stay overnight with u...then u hv some1 company..

Etelle,
I am agree but i have a 3 years old daughter at home. My hubby need to take care of her, so he may not stay over night with me.

Hi Mummies

I'll be delivering in Mt A next month. I'm intending to take the 1 bedder. Can I check if hubby can stay overnight "illegally"? As in dun need them to supply his 3 meals and he just stay over? Cos hubby is not keen on the idea of eating hospital food with me, and he might be out running errands some time. Any mummies with experience to share?

Yes, dun worry too much...I doubt u can sleep well in the nites..cos not used to it? Leave your baby with the nurses...Infact, I didnt bf til my 2nd mid day(Though the nurses and dr keep asking me to..)and I still manage to keep the bf flow for 6mths.Rest is adequate..only then, you've more energy and milk for your baby.

Hi Working Mum, Etella and Sandy,

Sounds like I need not take the antenatal class package. Thats great information about the lactation consultants in MtA. I thought we really have to attend class then they will help =P Sounds like Mt A is really a nice env to delivery. Thanks for all the great advice =)

So their classes are always ongoing so that mums who stay in the hospital during the 2 or 3 days can attend? Thats nice =) Hope by then I can walk to attend the class....first time mummy so everything also dunno...feel so helpless sometimes....=P

dora,
u can try. at worst if they dun allow then u apply and pay for his stay lor ($65). they should have a comfortable sofa bed in the 1 bedder, just maybe he won't get the extra pillow or blanket (warning: can be pretty cold at night!)....

eebomb11
yep, they have the bb bathing sesssions like 1-2x a day, and frequent antenatel class so u won't miss it (all this info/schedule will be available in the room you stay in)....

Hi Working Mum

Thanks so much for the info.. hmmm.... maybe ask hubby to bring a sleeping bag :p Thanks!!

hi2...

i just tested positive for pregnancy.. hehe just wan to ask... if at Glen Hospital . which gynae would you recommend.. preferbably male.

erm... first timer.. so dont mind my erm... questions...

if let say i decided to do delivery at Gleneagles 8-9 mths later . havent been to a gynae yet, as i just tested two days ago.

do i normally engage a gynae straight from Gleneagles or from other private clinics????

which option is better?? because i wan to stick to one gynae throughout the pregnancy.

is there any gynae for recommendation??

and the package at gleneagles.. is it only covers for the later stage of pregnancy.. or is there one package that starts from the start???

hope i dont confuse anybody hehe

Hi 2,

You should choose your gynae 1st then decide which hospital to delivery your precious..... Mine, was Dr Han How Chan from KKH. He's very experience and have 7 kids himself! Should you need other choices, browse around forum under Dr....

Wow 7 kids?!? For me I peng san. May, your doctor 'power'. Hahaha...I am already struggling with my 3 girls, some more they are already schooling. Last time when they were toddlers, very tiring.

Anyway, 2 bedders fine but if you want more privacy and fussy over noise, you should consider the single bedder. Overall the nurses there very nice.

hi
i am considering a 1 bedder in MAH also.
any mummies who have just delivered there?
can share info on the hospital bill?

Hi Spagoh,

I stayed in a 1 bedder for 2 nights in Nov. My hubby also roomed in with me. Delivery was natural without epidural. My hospitalisation cost, excluding baby's, is about S$1900. Baby's about S$650.
happy.gif

hi better world

congrats to you on your bundle of joy.

i am due in may 07.
thanks for the info...now we have a better idea of the bill. ^-^

Hi Spagoh,

Thanks! Hope that you have a smooth delivery and that you will enjoy your stay at Mt A as I did. The staff there are nice and helpful. When I was warded in the morning at 6 am, one of the nuns, Sr Benardette came by to ask if I would like to have prayers said for me to have a smooth delivery. She was so nice and really soothed my nerves.
happy.gif

Are you going to try for without epidural as well?

wow..so sweet of them.

Thanks betterworld!
err...dun think i have the courage to try without epidural.
i took epidural in my first delivery and i didn't experience much pain thus i am afraid my pain threshold wasn't built up at all and may not be able to withstand the labour pain. :D

Hi,
anyone tried the jacuzzi at the delivery suite? I am thinking of soaking in warm water to ease the pain rather than use the epidural as my mother is strongly against it. Anyone knows the cost? I am due in September. Thanks.

hi all mommies delivered at MAH

me last sat just reced a ltr from MAH confirming my ward booking. I have booked for 1 bedded. and if that day of admission, all the 1 bedded was full and i was put into the 2 bedded for temp, until there's 1 bedded for me. Will they charge me for 1 bedded or 2 bedded???

Hi spagoh,

for one bedder in MAH, gotta pay around $65 if hubby staying overnight with u. Meals wld be provided for him too.

As for carpark, i think its $5 per day.

Hi,

is this thread still ongoing?
Would like to check what Mt A is giving the NB so I will not be buying the same things...

Thanks...

Mt A gave a bath tub, medalion, you can bring back the remainding diapers, wet tissue and a baby bag.
not sure if i left out anything cos my hubby packed the things.

Back