IVF in 2021?

Hi ladies,

I am going thrgh my first ivf and thought it will be good for me to speak with someone who’s going thrgh ivf too...if anyone is keen let me know.. we can connect.. it’s gd to have a support group during this time.. thanks...

I wish to join any group if there is. Pls let me know too.

Hi all, I just did a hysteroscopy to remove polyps yesterday.. It's been known that polyps can recur. Anyone knows what are the preventive measures to take to limit/reduce the chances of these polyps from coming back again?

Hi all, I just did a hysteroscopy to remove polyps yesterday.. It's been known that polyps can recur. Anyone knows what are the preventive measures to take to limit/reduce the chances of these polyps from coming back again?
Hello I had a suspected polyp removal last year feb and in oct when I’m scheduled for IUI it reappeared but doc say less than 1cm nvm. In jan this year I got pregnant and it’s gone but I also miscarriage shortly after so I think it may resolve by it’s own sometimes. Now I’m going for ivf treatment.

I removed one polyp yesterday too. This is the 2nd time I removed polyp already. Probably recur due to the hormone jabs. I ask doctor about prevention and it seems like can’t stop them for growing

Hello I had a suspected polyp removal last year feb and in oct when I’m scheduled for IUI it reappeared but doc say less than 1cm nvm. In jan this year I got pregnant and it’s gone but I also miscarriage shortly after so I think it may resolve by it’s own sometimes. Now I’m going for ivf treatment.

Hi twinklemini,

Thanks for the info. Seems like polyps is an hormonal issue :(

I removed one polyp yesterday too. This is the 2nd time I removed polyp already. Probably recur due to the hormone jabs. I ask doctor about prevention and it seems like can’t stop them for growing

Second time already?:( the hormone jabs meaning you have started on your ivf cycle? And polyp was detected before egg retrieval?

Hi all! Deciding which doctor to go with as we start our journey with IVF. Is there a WhatsApp group? If not maybe leave your number and I can help to set one up if I can figure it out

My doc say sometimes can be thickening of uterine not necessary is polyp. And it may go away one if less than 1cm don’t need to remove. There are woman who got pregnant with polyp too.

Yes my doc told me same. Did not have any abnormal bleeding compare to my first one. Mine is 1cm but doc during review scan say the polyp is at a position where embryo might land so is better to remove. Either leave it for now or remove I can choose. Only by hysteroscopy then doc can truly confirm whether is a polyp or not. Scan not 100 percent confirm is polyp or not cos might be lining issue. So I decided to remove since need to do thaw cycle later.

Yes my doc told me same. Did not have any abnormal bleeding compare to my first one. Mine is 1cm but doc during review scan say the polyp is at a position where embryo might land so is better to remove. Either leave it for now or remove I can choose. Only by hysteroscopy then doc can truly confirm whether is a polyp or not. Scan not 100 percent confirm is polyp or not cos might be lining issue. So I decided to remove since need to do thaw cycle later.
Removing the polyp may help as I'm guessing it did for my case. I went through my fresh and FET cycles with a 5mm polyp because my husband and I felt that 5mm shouldn't affect much.

After the failed FET, we decided to just remove the polyp because who knows if I'm that lucky and the embryo decides to always land where it can't stick lol.

It did implant for my next FET but unfortunately it was a blighted ovum. But this incident made me wonder if I should have removed my polyp right from the start. And if any ladies do have a similar issue, I'd recommend removing it too after my own experience. :)

Hi ladies,

I am going thrgh my first ivf and thought it will be good for me to speak with someone who’s going thrgh ivf too...if anyone is keen let me know.. we can connect.. it’s gd to have a support group during this time.. thanks...

Hi, is there any support group that i can join too?i am planning ivf this year, and would like to find out more info from strong woman here

thank you... how about the IVF cost itself exclude PGD?
Hi, I just finish my first fresh cycle of ivf at NUH as a private patient. I went in Jan and need to do all kind of testing, HSG but the ivf cycle I was put on is in March. I am under Prof Wong and I feel he is very professional and his nurses and CHR nurses makes me feel at ease. I’m praying for my results to be out!

Hi ladies! Can anyone of you please share your protocol with IVF @nuh? Like timeline from the counselling, meds, stims etc? And did you have to take birth control pills before starting injections? TIA!
Hi, yes you need to take norethisterone after a few days your menses will start. Then you start to take jabs (12 days) for me it started with one jab but half way will have another jab to stop ovulation. Then egg retrieval (day 1) will be done then embryo transfer is on Day 5. Then wait for 2 wks to do blood test again. I hope it helps! Good luck! :)

Hi ladies,

Anyone mind sharing any price list from private hospital for IVF.

I did my IVF at KKH with Dr Jessie Phoon and it turned out to be a bad experience for me. Dr Jessie Phoon is a nice lady but is just that the procedure will be done by different doctors like follicles scan, review and the only time you got to see your doctor is only when the last step of IVF which is ER and ET. Cut the story short, I had OHSS and a mild stroke because I was producing 33 eggs which is too much and this is cause by hormones injection and my body reacted.

Now, doc gave me till March to think if I still want to continue my IVF journey BUT she mention that she cant promise me that this wont happen again and of course, I got trauma by all this.

: (
Hi
I did my first IVF at private hospital abit pricy but can use medisave abit, after medisave it's cost about 10K for me. but the doctors and nurse are very flexible. cos of my work they can always help arrange appointment to be in the lunch time.

Hi Lades,
I did fail 2 x IUI (Jan & Feb) and 1x IVF in march 2021 at private clinic virtus. After the first IVF fail i'm worry for 2nd try IVF. How you girls prepare for the 2nd try? My embryo can't grow to reach the stage of blastocyst and it's fail :( I also want to join any group chat that we can share experience and information :) Thanks

Hi dear I’m with Virtus too. Under Dr Yeong CT. I have the same challenges as you. I had 2 ER but first one yield only 1 blast, and 2nd one only 2 blast. It’s very sad cos I always have nothing more in storage after doing FET. I did wonder before if it’s a good thing that Virtus is so insistent on day 5 blast
Mine waited untill day 7. but it still can't make it :(

Seek advice from ladies here! I have done 2 IVF cycles with private and have spent total of 55K. Less all 3 Medisave deductions of 15K hence forked out 40K cash for 2 IVF cycles.

In the 2ww now after doing my FET last sat. But just making plans in case it fails.

Can anyone share the costing in sgh CARE? Tot of transferring there.

Also, I noticed a lot of ppl mentioned ivf in govt hosp is considered private. Does it mean that if u don’t get polyclinic referral letter, u will be deem as private and therefore no subsidy? In short, just wana find out the difference in cost with or without polyclinic referral letter.

Thank you so much dearies!!
As long as you are in govt hospital, with or without polyclinic referral, you have access to the govt subsidy (ie. $7700 for first 3 fresh cycles and $2200 for first 3 frozen transfers).

Once you are confirmed to do IVF in the govt hospital, you are considered a private patient, meaning the IVF cost is the same for all, whether or not you have a polyclinic referral. The difference lies in the visits/tests before this confirmation. My experience as former KKH patient, but should be same for SGH:

Polyclinic referral:
- Cannot choose your doctor for ER and ET
- Subsidised for the first consultations before doctor refers you for IVF
- Subsidised for all the pre-tests e.g. sperm analysis, blood tests

Without polyclinic referral:
- Can choose your doctor for ER and ET
- Non-subsidised for all the initial consultations and pre-tests

Hope this helps and all the best for your current 2WW that it will succeed!

Hospital like KKH and NUH does transfer in day 3 embryos. So that we won’t be left with nothing if the embryos doesn’t survive till blast. But I realised Virtus are strong advocates of blast. I wondered if this is good for ppl like us who yield very little blast. Keep going through the stimulation process really very torturing.
oh i didn't know the Government hospital transfer in day 3. I think virtus want to make sure it's good one then they want transfer. anyway my doctor don't recommend fresh transfer, she recommend freeze one.

oh i didn't know the Government hospital transfer in day 3. I think virtus want to make sure it's good one then they want transfer. anyway my doctor don't recommend fresh transfer, she recommend freeze one.
It’s not true. I did my first ivf in NUH it’s a day 5 blastocyst too. Actually at day 3 I still got 8 good embryos but by day 5 only left 3. They would not want to transfer if the embryo cannot develop properly, I guess?

No no, as in I mean, my friends who did their ivf at KKH/ NUH, if by day 3 only left 2 embryo, they will harvest it and freeze it at day 3. In case both doesn’t make it to day 5.

But for my centre, they very insistent on day 5. So if nothing makes it to day 5. They will tell you, there is no blast yield and hence no embryo transfer at all....

I see :) Yes I think it is so.. bcos they will call daily to update the status of the embryos. But personally I feel, if it’s me.. I would rather have no blast to transfer than to trf embryos which cannot even reach blast stage.. bcos it means the embryo highly likely cannot grow well even if it implants itself. Which will create more heart ache at a later stage. :) I think your fertility center is doing the right thing!

Seek advice from ladies here! I have done 2 IVF cycles with private and have spent total of 55K. Less all 3 Medisave deductions of 15K hence forked out 40K cash for 2 IVF cycles.

In the 2ww now after doing my FET last sat. But just making plans in case it fails.

Can anyone share the costing in sgh CARE? Tot of transferring there.

Also, I noticed a lot of ppl mentioned ivf in govt hosp is considered private. Does it mean that if u don’t get polyclinic referral letter, u will be deem as private and therefore no subsidy? In short, just wana find out the difference in cost with or without polyclinic referral letter.

Thank you so much dearies!!
Hi, I am with SGH CARE. Costs wise, for a fresh cycle, the bill comes up to about $15k+ before the government subsidies and MediSave deductions.

I didn't go through the polyclinic route and I just made an appointment directly with CARE requesting for my preferred doctor.

I've had a Day 3 FET last year that ended as a blighted ovum. So yes, they're not that insistent on only having blast.

generally government hospitals like KKH does day 3 transfers, but they do blastos as well. Suggest that we read up more so that we get to know what options we have, rather than just depend on their general recommendation.

And yes, usually frozen blastos have a higher chance of implantation.

I see :) Yes I think it is so.. bcos they will call daily to update the status of the embryos. But personally I feel, if it’s me.. I would rather have no blast to transfer than to trf embryos which cannot even reach blast stage.. bcos it means the embryo highly likely cannot grow well even if it implants itself. Which will create more heart ache at a later stage. :) I think your fertility center is doing the right thing!
It really depends; there is no scientific conclusion that day 2/day 3 embryos cannot implant. I do have friends who did day 3 transfers and their kids are like 5-7 years old now.

For myself, my 2 boys were day 4 embryos respectively. They couldn't make it to day 5, so KKH actually called me down to do immediate transfers.

For myself, I do advocate frozen blastos, then again, if one can only yield less than 5 embryos, the doc usually will not take the chance to blast it, for fear of nothing to transfer. It really depends on the body condition and thought at that point in time. To risk or not to risk.

As long as you are in govt hospital, with or without polyclinic referral, you have access to the govt subsidy (ie. $7700 for first 3 fresh cycles and $2200 for first 3 frozen transfers).

Once you are confirmed to do IVF in the govt hospital, you are considered a private patient, meaning the IVF cost is the same for all, whether or not you have a polyclinic referral. The difference lies in the visits/tests before this confirmation. My experience as former KKH patient, but should be same for SGH:

Polyclinic referral:
- Cannot choose your doctor for ER and ET
- Subsidised for the first consultations before doctor refers you for IVF
- Subsidised for all the pre-tests e.g. sperm analysis, blood tests

Without polyclinic referral:
- Can choose your doctor for ER and ET
- Non-subsidised for all the initial consultations and pre-tests

Hope this helps and all the best for your current 2WW that it will succeed!

Hi Harriet07,

These are very helpful information.

Anyway, I did my first cycle of IUI and IVF in KKH as a subsidized patient and failed. So now, I intend to transfer to NUH under private patient. Can you let me know more about the payment for private patient? As in, is there:-

1) Any cash need to fork out?
2) Any deposit needed? (I heard there is deposit involve before ER and ET)
3) If yes, do we have to make payment on the spot or can we do installment payment?

I know, as a private patient, the cost of some treatment and consultation are quite pricy. Me and husband are quite tight on financial. So we need to really know how is the payment like before we can consider on whether we can choose to be private or to just stay as subsidised patient. But honestly, with my condition (last IVF, I had OHSS, very bad OHSS), I prefer to have just 1 doctor seeing me rather than see different faces everytime I go to for scanning, etc.

Appreciate it if you can breakdown the payment :)

It really depends; there is no scientific conclusion that day 2/day 3 embryos cannot implant. I do have friends who did day 3 transfers and their kids are like 5-7 years old now.

For myself, my 2 boys were day 4 embryos respectively. They couldn't make it to day 5, so KKH actually called me down to do immediate transfers.

For myself, I do advocate frozen blastos, then again, if one can only yield less than 5 embryos, the doc usually will not take the chance to blast it, for fear of nothing to transfer. It really depends on the body condition and thought at that point in time. To risk or not to risk.
Thanks for sharing @towkayneo it’s good to know!

Hello Towkayneo!! Very happy to see you commenting in our thread! Any tips for us in the 2WW? Haha previously I was reading about your post on 注生娘娘 and I went to pray too. In fact, I was praying 南海佛祖 (tang ki) and was sent to pray 注生娘娘. Really really hoping I will succeed this round, my second ivf.

I would say stay zen for 2WW and no raw stuff. Keep up to the support meds and be very positive!

Ya, come in and see see look look, be kpo and see what Q you have lo. If I can help to clarify your doubts, most welcome :) Sharing is caring.

Hi Harriet07,

Anyway, I did my first cycle of IUI and IVF in KKH as a subsidized patient and failed. So now, I intend to transfer to NUH under private patient. Can you let me know more about the payment for private patient? As in, is there:-

3) If yes, do we have to make payment on the spot or can we do installment payment?

I know, as a private patient, the cost of some treatment and consultation are quite pricy. Me and husband are quite tight on financial. So we need to really know how is the payment like before we can consider on whether we can choose to be private or to just stay as subsidised patient. But honestly, with my condition (last IVF, I had OHSS, very bad OHSS), I prefer to have just 1 doctor seeing me rather than see different faces everytime I go to for scanning, etc.

Hi! Sorry I don't have experience with NUH, as I was a KKH patient only. Perhaps you can call NUH IVF to enquire about the cost breakdown.

Hey dear I called up H CHR and was told they will be closed till dec for ivf due to centre revamp.

Hi Chouchou,

Yes, I am aware of them. They told me that they will reopen on Nov and maybe while waiting, can consult the doc first then book counseling session and then good to go..

Hi Harriet07,

Hello, just a rough idea about the transfer, not exact but roughly cos I did transfer my frozen embryos to JB for PGD for gender selection.

I paid $120 for embryo transfer out of KKH.

If you feel that you need 1 doctor to attend to you, suggest you go "private" as in you can choose your doc and all. Perhaps you can also check with KKH on your medisave & govt grant balance so you have a better idea. A fresh cycle typically costs between S$15-$18K.

Good luck.

Hi! First post. Starting my IVF journey after 4 failed IUIs. Finally told that I have severe endometriosis and IUIs would never work. Wish it was diagnosed earlier so that I could move to IVF sooner.

Last edited:

Back