Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi ladies, I have spotted a brownish-redish discharged when using crinone gel. Is it normal or should I get worried?

Some people have that as crinone gel sometimes irritate the cervix. Just monitor if it gets heavier you might wanna call the ivf centre and ask?

Would like to find out if doing FET, the size of the follicle still matters? Why is that so? I understand that the lining needs to be thick. But since transferring a thawed embryo, then why is the size of follicle still important in that case?

Yes dear.. i started preping my body after 1st ivf cycle didnt work.. i start taking the Blackmore's Conceive Well Tablets first for 2 months then stopped. 1 month before 2nd cycle, started again with the strict no cold water & no sodas.. i wish the best to all other ladies here too! Don't give up!! All your efforts wont go to waste.. *hugs*
Congrats congrats!!!
I will be doing my 2nd cycle in Dec in KK. Were you given different jabs for the 2nd cycle? I am just wondering if I will get the same protocol for the 2nd cycle.

Congrats congrats!!!
I will be doing my 2nd cycle in Dec in KK. Were you given different jabs for the 2nd cycle? I am just wondering if I will get the same protocol for the 2nd cycle.
Hi dear! I had a different medications given for both cycle

Cycle #1 - IVF ICSI Failed
Stim duration - (13th - 23th April 2020)
Gonal F 175iu
Orgalutran 0.25ml
Ovidrel 250mcg (Trigger Shot)

Cycle #2 - IVF ICSI Success
Stim duration - (17th - 30th Sept 2020)

Gonal F 150iu
Menopur 75iu
Orgalutran 0.25ml

Hi ladies, I have spotted a brownish-redish discharged when using crinone gel. Is it normal or should I get worried?
Hi dear, i used to get that during my 1st cycle.. alot of brownish black discharges but during my 2nd cycle, no such episodes.. only white discharge of the crinone gel.

I would say during my 1st cycle i didnt walk much after my insertion. Causing stagnant paste/gel clot and not absorbed into the vagina walls..

But my 2nd cycle, walk like mad around the house.. Hahahaha!! Even do stationary marching while watching tv to allow the frictions movements going on.. :) And yes, some causes irritation to the cervix too.. just from my experience

T
Hi dear! I had a different medications given for both cycle

Cycle #1 - IVF ICSI Failed
Stim duration - (13th - 23th April 2020)
Gonal F 175iu
Orgalutran 0.25ml

Cycle #2 - IVF ICSI Success
Stim duration - (17th - 30th Sept 2020)

Gonal F 150iu
Menopur 75iu
Orgalutran 0.25ml
Thanks Azasha

I was given the same as your 2nd cycle for my 1st. But I didn't walk much :(. So I'm wondering if the Doc will prescribe the same for my 2nd. Congrats once again dear! Please take care

Would like to find out if doing FET, the size of the follicle still matters? Why is that so? I understand that the lining needs to be thick. But since transferring a thawed embryo, then why is the size of follicle still important in that case?
When the Embryos are frozen, they are cooled down slowly to increase water extraction before the freezing in nitrogen is used. This is to avoid any water particles found in the embryo/blastocyst to develop into ice which could damage the structure of the blastocyst.. When transfer day, usually it will be thaw to room temp quickly in less than 1min to proceed to the next stage where solutions are added to remove the cryto solution used during the freezing and placed in sterile water. This is where the re expansion of the embryo is important which can be an indicator on the pregnancy rate.. same goes to when the embryos goes through biopsy & multiple collapses for testing.. Not really much on the size but the structure in the cells are well formed back after the freezing days.. :) Still, the Embryologist will be able to advice better as they are more specialize and working with it daily..

Some knowledge i gotten from my Dr just now.. hahaha!! When i saw ur post i asked him straight.. :p

T
Thanks Azasha

I was given the same as your 2nd cycle for my 1st. But I didn't walk much :(. So I'm wondering if the Doc will prescribe the same for my 2nd. Congrats once again dear! Please take care
I always believe that the 1st cycle is a trial to see certain drugs reacts well to us & at the same time help to procedure functioning & good quality or not.. don't be dishearted dear.. 2nd cycle will be better.. it's still a learning journey for ourselves too.. :) it will happen! U too must rest well and take care ya! *Hugs*

When the Embryos are frozen, they are cooled down slowly to increase water extraction before the freezing in nitrogen is used. This is to avoid any water particles found in the embryo/blastocyst to develop into ice which could damage the structure of the blastocyst.. When transfer day, usually it will be thaw to room temp quickly in less than 1min to proceed to the next stage where solutions are added to remove the cryto solution used during the freezing and placed in sterile water. This is where the re expansion of the embryo is important which can be an indicator on the pregnancy rate.. same goes to when the embryos goes through biopsy & multiple collapses for testing.. Not really much on the size but the structure in the cells are well formed back after the freezing days.. :) Still, the Embryologist will be able to advice better as they are more specialize and working with it daily..

Some knowledge i gotten from my Dr just now.. hahaha!! When i saw ur post i asked him straight.. :p

Hi Azasha, thanks for your response. But actually I am wondering about the follicle and not the expansion of the thawed embryo. I read here that when doing frozen transfer, they will scan to see if the follicle and lining of womb is ready. For e.g. the dominant follicle should be abt 17mm and above, like the case for IUI or for egg retrieval. But wondering why this is important since the embryo is going to be transferred.

I had this question too but didn't get to ask my doctor. But I'm guessing its to monitor our ovulation, for my case once it reaches 17.5 they roughly know I will ovulate the next 2 days.

I had this question too but didn't get to ask my doctor. But I'm guessing its to monitor our ovulation, for my case once it reaches 17.5 they roughly know I will ovulate the next 2 days.
Yes I think so too. Follicle monitoring is for natural FET , in order to catch the ovulation timing.

Hi Azasha, thanks for your response. But actually I am wondering about the follicle and not the expansion of the thawed embryo. I read here that when doing frozen transfer, they will scan to see if the follicle and lining of womb is ready. For e.g. the dominant follicle should be abt 17mm and above, like the case for IUI or for egg retrieval. But wondering why this is important since the embryo is going to be transferred.
Ahhh... Sorry, might understand wrongly from your question earlier on.. they wanted to find a dominant follicle with lining thickness is to determine an ovulation has occur or not. :) some has dominant follicle but lining is still not ideal enough to transfer, they might cancel. Some might ovulate prematurely, causing a missed in detecting the ovulation timing.

Last edited:
Hi! With reference to readings, I suppose follicular diameter and endometrial thickness are the determining factors for the endometrial preparation & ovulation. Exactly like @Azasha mentioned, the lining thickness and follicle size has to be ideal in order for ovulation to occur. This is crucial cos this is where LH & FSH dips but progesterone increases thus facilitating implantation & maintaining pregnancy.

Halllloo is day 1 after ET yesterday.

Did intralipid on ET day for the first time after 2 failed attempts. We did not know of intralipid until now! Wondering why Dr Loh did not let us know for first few times

Halllloo is day 1 after ET yesterday.

Did intralipid on ET day for the first time after 2 failed attempts. We did not know of intralipid until now! Wondering why Dr Loh did not let us know for first few times
Maybe the 2 cycles previously did not show that immune issue was a problem? Or there were other more critical problems at place? Have faith in the doctor no matter what! This may just be the cycle.

Anyone here has experience with identical twins blastocyst or maybe even fraternal twins pregnancy? One of my blastocysts became identical twins on day 6 of culturing. We had it sent for PGT which came back euploid (no chromosomes disorder) and is a grade A partially hatched blastocyst. I have couple Grade A blastocysts but kinda want this pair of identical twins (kinda torn).

I kinda wanna use it for FET in future but kinda worried about the risks involved. It is really rare so I’m hoping to use it for family expansion next time. The lab only detected (can be seen under microscope) that they splitted on day 6 (might be earlier but just too early to see then) so it’s very likely they will share same placenta and different amniotic sac.

Anyone here has experience with identical twins blastocyst or maybe even fraternal twins pregnancy? One of my blastocysts became identical twins on day 6 of culturing. We had it sent for PGT which came back euploid (no chromosomes disorder) and is a grade A partially hatched blastocyst. I have couple Grade A blastocysts but kinda want this pair of identical twins (kinda torn).

I kinda wanna use it for FET in future but kinda worried about the risks involved. It is really rare so I’m hoping to use it for family expansion next time. The lab only detected (can be seen under microscope) that they splitted on day 6 (might be earlier but just too early to see then) so it’s very likely they will share same placenta and different amniotic sac.
Pregnancy risks are definitely higher in all areas for a twin pregnancy. Regardless weight gain, GD, even probably morning sickness and not mentioning the worse case scenario is preterm labour. Basically a lot of symptoms just x2? of course, the joy and rewards are also x2.

Then again please also be mentally prepared that during the pregnancy anything can also go wrong. I have heard of many having the ‘disappearing twin’ as well or some worse case, one affects another’s development. After birth, you really need a lot of help. Even 4 caregivers to 2 babies can be a lot of fatigue On a daily basis and it can seem like you never get any day off for a long long while. It takes a lot of mental and physical resilience to get through, a lot of family support and manpower. Of course financially too because everything is x2.

People always say twins are cute, though The joy really multiplies, the challenges magnifies by a lot as well. Then again, it depends also on what kind of standard of living and teaching you want for them too.

Hi all,
What was your waiting time from consultation with the doctor to the start of the IVF cycle?
We were told today at NUH that we may need to wait until Jan or Feb 2021 despite that we did all checks already.

Pregnancy risks are definitely higher in all areas for a twin pregnancy. Regardless weight gain, GD, even probably morning sickness and not mentioning the worse case scenario is preterm labour. Basically a lot of symptoms just x2? of course, the joy and rewards are also x2.

Then again please also be mentally prepared that during the pregnancy anything can also go wrong. I have heard of many having the ‘disappearing twin’ as well or some worse case, one affects another’s development. After birth, you really need a lot of help. Even 4 caregivers to 2 babies can be a lot of fatigue On a daily basis and it can seem like you never get any day off for a long long while. It takes a lot of mental and physical resilience to get through, a lot of family support and manpower. Of course financially too because everything is x2.

People always say twins are cute, though The joy really multiplies, the challenges magnifies by a lot as well. Then again, it depends also on what kind of standard of living and teaching you want for them too.
Thanks for your response! Yea I’m more concerned with the pregnancy risks involved and definitely gonna be pre term (all the twins I see are all pre term). I’ve never opted to transfer 2 but this blastocyst surprised me with the split.. Making them identical twins which is so rare. Kinda felt like they were “fated” to try and bring them into the world since identicals are like 0.45% chance to occur. We thought like maybe the PGT will come back as aneuploid (abnormal chromosomes) but they came back as euploid (normal chromosomes), partially hatched and grade A.

Everything else I’m fine, fortunate to have my parents and MIL who are all retired.
Hi all,
What was your waiting time from consultation with the doctor to the start of the IVF cycle?
We were told today at NUH that we may need to wait until Jan or Feb 2021 despite that we did all checks already.
Depends on your doctor’s time and cycle. Maybe NUH overload? For me, I had first consultation, wait for period (think 2 weeks), 3rd day do all the blood, hormone and genetic (extra) tests (had to redo as I came to the US so my SG ones not accepted). The doctor also started me on birth control pill. I asked her why, she said she wants the next period to come and all the old eggs “flushed out” cuz old eggs won’t give good quality eggs. She also said smth abt timing being important (I have irregular periods but no PCOS symptoms). With the birth control pill, it can be timed and I started with lupron (10 units) to prevent premature ovulation (overlap 4 days). When the period came, my baseline scan was scheduled for day 4 and hormone test (Estrogen 11pg/ml & Progesterone 0.9ng/ml); given all clear in the afternoon and started Menopur 150iu + Gonal-f 300iu + 5 units lupron. I am placed on the antagonist protocol as the major US IVF facilities don’t really trial and error but have various protocols based on bloodwork results. My ivf team is focused on quality > quantity. I had the trigger (Ovidrel) on day 9 at the exact time the nurse gave me when they counted 6 follicles all at least 15.5mm to 18.5mm (about 5-6 more small ones which they said they don’t care) and 8.5mm lining. My hormone blood test (estrogen climbing but you won’t want it too high - was 1447pg/ml). Egg retrieval was scheduled exactly 36 hours after that. 9 eggs were retrieved and only 6 were matured (probably those 6 that were good size). My doctor said she didn’t retrieve the smaller ones as it was useless and the body will just discard it. My embryologist called me to give me updates saying that all 6 fertilized which was awesome as most end up with 30-60% fertilized. We had 6 embryos for culture and I was prepared to lose 50% of my embryos. I was very anxious everyday cuz the attrition between day 3 and 5 is the highest. On day 5, 2 grade As were ready for transfer (transferred 1 fresh and froze 1). On day 6, 2 more Grade As and partially hatched (similar to my transfer day blastocyst looks) and we froze all (one of them is a pair of identical twins). The other blastocyst stopped growing so it was discarded. On day 7, the last one was frozen but normal grade (grade B, partially hatched). I’m pretty happy that 80% of my blastocysts survived as most lose 30-50%. All my blastocysts are partially hatched as we chose to do PGT/PGS for future prevention... side advantage cuz the US let patients choose gender of blastocyst for future family planning. Now I’m in my 2ww. Hopefully my luck continues..

Anyway, you can start eating healthy now (eggs, salmon, cod, seeds, nuts, greens etc) and take supplements (prenatal and ensure have 1mg folate at least according to my reproductive endocrinologist and ivf team - nag at me to keep taking).. I really think that helps a lot with my progress so far.. Now implantation is all up to luck as nth much can be done. Hubby very impt too! I had him take vitamins and his motile sperm count and morphology improved leaps and bounds (from 2.7 mil motile to 11.8 mil motile; morphology jumped from 3 to 7).

Last edited:
Hi all,
I think there is currently a queue in the public hospitals as more ladies are seeking treatment during this year end. In SGH, Dec is already fully booked for IVF and earliest is in Jan/Feb 2021 too. There was no queue when I did my first 2 cycles at KK earlier this year though. You may want to check with KK since they are bigger and perhaps more capacity, or just go to private.

I think there is currently a queue in the public hospitals as more ladies are seeking treatment during this year end. In SGH, Dec is already fully booked for IVF and earliest is in Jan/Feb 2021 too. There was no queue when I did my first 2 cycles at KK earlier this year though. You may want to check with KK since they are bigger and perhaps more capacity, or just go to private.

For SGH, the nurse told me the reasons for the overwhelming are due to the limited patients they can accept, also mostly are WFH and prefer to do ivf during this period.

I see. Do you all have any recommendations for the private clinics?
We are both foreigners and just started our IVF journey.
This is to note that we are quite desperate to pay all the high costs with our savings already.

Hi Ladies,
Tmr will be my BT. During the tww, I told myself to enjoy n not to do any pregnancy test even I keep having cramp on n off this tww. But just an hour ago, I noticed light brown spotting which i never experience for my past ivf, I'm afraid later will turn out full 'AF'. I was so panic that I took out my Pregancy test strip n it turn out a faint positive line. I'm afraid it will become another chemical pregnancy. Does anyone experience the same n share?

Tha

Thanks for your response! Yea I’m more concerned with the pregnancy risks involved and definitely gonna be pre term (all the twins I see are all pre term). I’ve never opted to transfer 2 but this blastocyst surprised me with the split.. Making them identical twins which is so rare. Kinda felt like they were “fated” to try and bring them into the world since identicals are like 0.45% chance to occur. We thought like maybe the PGT will come back as aneuploid (abnormal chromosomes) but they came back as euploid (normal chromosomes), partially hatched and grade A.

Everything else I’m fine, fortunate to have my parents and MIL who are all retired.

Depends on your doctor’s time and cycle. Maybe NUH overload? For me, I had first consultation, wait for period (think 2 weeks), 3rd day do all the blood, hormone and genetic (extra) tests (had to redo as I came to the US so my SG ones not accepted). The doctor also started me on birth control pill. I asked her why, she said she wants the next period to come and all the old eggs “flushed out” cuz old eggs won’t give good quality eggs. She also said smth abt timing being important (I have irregular periods but no PCOS symptoms). With the birth control pill, it can be timed and I started with lupron (10 units) to prevent premature ovulation (overlap 4 days). When the period came, my baseline scan was scheduled for day 4 and hormone test; given all clear in the after and started Menopur 150iu + Gonal-f 300iu + 5 units lupron. I am placed on the antagonist protocol as the major US IVF facilities don’t really trial and error but have various protocols based on bloodwork results. My ivf team is focused on quality > quantity. I had the trigger (Ovidrel) on day 9 at the exact time the nurse gave me when they counted 6 follicles all at least 15.5mm to 18.5mm (about 5-6 more small ones which they said they don’t care). Egg retrieval was scheduled exactly 36 hours after that. 9 eggs were retrieved and only 6 were matured (probably those 6 they retrieved). My doctor said she didn’t retrieve the smaller ones as it was useless and the body will just discard it. My embryologist called me to give me updates saying that all 6 fertilized which was awesome as most end up with 30-60% fertilized. We had 6 embryos for culture and I was prepared to lose 50% of my embryos. On day 5, 2 grade As were ready for transfer (transferred 1 fresh and froze 1). On day 6, 2 more Grade As (similar to my transfer day blastocyst looks) and we froze all (one of them is a pair of identical twins). The other blastocyst stopped growing so it was discarded. On day 7, the last one was frozen but ok grade (grade B). I’m pretty happy that 80% of my blastocysts survived as most lose 30-50%. All my blastocysts are partially hatched as we chose to do PGT/PGS for future prevention... side advantage cuz the US let patients choose gender of blastocyst for future family planning. Now I’m in my 2ww. Hopefully my luck continues..

Anyway, you can start eating healthy now (eggs, salmon, cod, seeds, nuts, greens etc) and take supplements (prenatal and ensure have 1mg folate at least according to my reproductive endocrinologist and ivf team - nag at me to keep taking).. I really think that helps a lot with my progress so far.. Now implantation is all up to luck as nth much can be done. Hubby very impt too! I had him take vitamins and his motile sperm count and morphology improved leaps and bounds (from 2.7 mil motile to 11.8 mil motile; morphology jumped from 3 to 7).
Then go ahead! Perhaps it’s fated! :)

I see. Do you all have any recommendations for the private clinics?
We are both foreigners and just started our IVF journey.
This is to note that we are quite desperate to pay all the high costs with our savings already.
Dr Tan Heng Hao. He was once the IVF God in KK and has now opened his own clinic in Mt E Novena. Every patient then chose him and success rate were in the 90%! He was strongly recommended by hubby’s friends and said 99.99% (all professors) who all succeeded first time IVF and had high quality embryos to freeze. A pity we moved to the US or I would certainly go to him.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,
Tmr will be my BT. During the tww, I told myself to enjoy n not to do any pregnancy test even I keep having cramp on n off this tww. But just an hour ago, I noticed light brown spotting which i never experience for my past ivf, I'm afraid later will turn out full 'AF'. I was so panic that I took out my Pregancy test strip n it turn out a faint positive line. I'm afraid it will become another chemical pregnancy. Does anyone experience the same n share?
Jiayou and GL!! Don’t think so much. When I had light stain and cramps during my last failed IUI, I had not even a faint line. To get a faint line now, there’s def some HCG and the trigger shld already have worn off, maybe you are not using a very sensitive test strip.

Reactions: Cmf
Hi Ladies,

Pm u

Reactions: Cmf
Dr Tan Heng Hao - https://www.alphaspecialists.com.sg/our-team/dr-tan-heng-hao/

We spoke to his clinic nurses before. The prices are very affordable and slightly lower than normal private. However, his waiting time is very long... Like gotta wait 2-2.5 hrs per appointment cuz he’s damn popular! When he was in KKH, everyone tries to get him (IVF Director). He has helped many women with a myriad of problems to get pregnant.

He would be my choice if I was still having treatment in Singapore. I dislike the “trial and error” many doctors in both govt and private hospital use. Medicine is science (lab tests, bloodwork etc), there shldnt be too much of a trial and error. The only exception for change is because your body has an adverse reaction (e.g. allergy). Every round of injections pumped into your body messes up your body.

The other one which 2 of my friends recommended is Virtus Fertility but very expensive.

Jiayou and GL!! Don’t think so much. When I had light stain and cramps during my last failed IUI, I had not even a faint line. To get a faint line now, there’s def some HCG and the trigger shld already have worn off, maybe you are not using a very sensitive test strip.

Thanks! Yes, trying not to think much. Nothing much I can do also. Just that I have history of chemical pregnancies, so will get slightly panic. :)

Dr Tan Heng Hao - https://www.alphaspecialists.com.sg/our-team/dr-tan-heng-hao/

We spoke to his clinic nurses before. The prices are very affordable and slightly lower than normal private. However, his waiting time is very long... Like gotta wait 2-2.5 hrs per appointment cuz he’s damn popular! When he was in KKH, everyone tries to get him (IVF Director). He has helped many women with a myriad of problems to get pregnant.

He would be my choice if I was still having treatment in Singapore. I dislike the “trial and error” many doctors in both govt and private hospital use. Medicine is science (lab tests, bloodwork etc), there shldnt be too much of a trial and error. The only exception for change is because your body has an adverse reaction (e.g. allergy). Every round of injections pumped into your body messes up your body.

The other one which 2 of my friends recommended is Virtus Fertility but very expensive.

Actually Dr Tan clinic’s waiting time has improved a lot! My waiting time ranges from 15mins to 45mins nowadays, which is reasonable for me.

Depends on your doctor’s time and cycle. Maybe NUH overload? For me, I had first consultation, wait for period (think 2 weeks), 3rd day do all the blood, hormone and genetic (extra) tests (had to redo as I came to the US so my SG ones not accepted). The doctor also started me on birth control pill. I asked her why, she said she wants the next period to come and all the old eggs “flushed out” cuz old eggs won’t give good quality eggs. She also said smth abt timing being important (I have irregular periods but no PCOS symptoms). With the birth control pill, it can be timed and I started with lupron (10 units) to prevent premature ovulation (overlap 4 days). When the period came, my baseline scan was scheduled for day 4 and hormone test (Estrogen 11pg/ml & Progesterone 0.9ng/ml); given all clear in the afternoon and started Menopur 150iu + Gonal-f 300iu + 5 units lupron. I am placed on the antagonist protocol as the major US IVF facilities don’t really trial and error but have various protocols based on bloodwork results. My ivf team is focused on quality > quantity. I had the trigger (Ovidrel) on day 9 at the exact time the nurse gave me when they counted 6 follicles all at least 15.5mm to 18.5mm (about 5-6 more small ones which they said they don’t care) and 8.5mm lining. My hormone blood test (estrogen climbing but you won’t want it too high - was 1447pg/ml). Egg retrieval was scheduled exactly 36 hours after that. 9 eggs were retrieved and only 6 were matured (probably those 6 that were good size). My doctor said she didn’t retrieve the smaller ones as it was useless and the body will just discard it. My embryologist called me to give me updates saying that all 6 fertilized which was awesome as most end up with 30-60% fertilized. We had 6 embryos for culture and I was prepared to lose 50% of my embryos. I was very anxious everyday cuz the attrition between day 3 and 5 is the highest. On day 5, 2 grade As were ready for transfer (transferred 1 fresh and froze 1). On day 6, 2 more Grade As and partially hatched (similar to my transfer day blastocyst looks) and we froze all (one of them is a pair of identical twins). The other blastocyst stopped growing so it was discarded. On day 7, the last one was frozen but normal grade (grade B, partially hatched). I’m pretty happy that 80% of my blastocysts survived as most lose 30-50%. All my blastocysts are partially hatched as we chose to do PGT/PGS for future prevention... side advantage cuz the US let patients choose gender of blastocyst for future family planning. Now I’m in my 2ww. Hopefully my luck continues..

Can you share what you had your hubby to take? And dosage? Thanks!

Can you share what you had your hubby to take? And dosage? Thanks!
He used to take Blue Stork men but gets gastric from it so I had to change it. He was on the changed one from abt 3 mths. I match it closely to Blue Stork nutrition. He takes MaryRuth Multivitamins Essential Plus Strawberry Flavor (follow recommended dosage), additional Zinc (3 pumps instead of 6), Vitamin B Complex (regular dosage). These 3 are from MaryRuth (there’s Black Friday sales!!). I also supplement him with additional vitamin D from VivoLife as his blood work showed high deficiency in it (what the multivit give was not enough). You can use MR too but cuz I started him on vit D first and it works for him so I didn’t switch to MR on that.

Last edited:
I am doing my embryo transfer tomorrow. Since I had multiple ivf failure, what will be the best things to do and eat during the 2 weeks wait.

I am doing my embryo transfer tomorrow. Since I had multiple ivf failure, what will be the best things to do and eat during the 2 weeks wait.
There is nothing much you can do during the 2ww except staying positive, happy and stress free. Of course, continue with what the doc gives you and your prenatal, prenatal omega and folate/folic acid (if your prenatal doesn’t have 1mg).

Nutrition should come prior to growing the eggs and growing the eggs. For instance, taking prenatal, folic acid/folate and nutritious food with good fats.

Do — stay stress free and happy! Rest and eat well. Eat — not sure if it is too late because it is tomorrow but it is actually good to start right from stimms. People say can try durian, brazil nuts, Longan red date tea, red bean soup. I have tried some here and some others but not everything. Then again, it depends on individual.

Oh wow. I was quoted 19-21k in 2019. Not sure if he raised his prices or if a more expensive medication is used for your friend.
Yes I think prices gone up.. cos of some embryscopy they are using. I was quoted 19-21 k last year too. My friend is actually on Low dose for her stims and already this price point
22k plus. Actually Thomson fertility is still the lowest with sf loh for private. Abt 15-16 k

Yes I think prices gone up.. cos of some embryscopy they are using. I was quoted 19-21 k last year too. My friend is actually on Low dose for her stims and already this price point
22k plus. Actually Thomson fertility is still the lowest with sf loh for private. Abt 15-16 k
Right that makes sense. PGS/PGT is very important in my opinion and yeps not cheap (2-4K). Cuz if you know the embryo is aneuploid then you wouldn’t even transfer it. On average, 50% of a woman’s eggs isn’t chromosomally normal.

Only 15-16k? We got quoted at NUH for 14k already...

Btw, anyone else heard the rumor that NUH will be closed from March 2021 for a renovation?

Right that makes sense. PGS/PGT is very important in my opinion and yeps not cheap (2-4K). Cuz if you know the embryo is aneuploid then you wouldn’t even transfer it. On average, 50% of a woman’s eggs isn’t chromosomally normal.
[/QUOT
Yes pgs is v impt as a tool as well but sadly singapore doesn’t allow it. Even an AA embryo can be anueploidy. You are lucky to have access to it abroad!

Btw, anyone else heard the rumor that NUH will be closed from March 2021 for a renovation?
I think so! I asked Prof PC Wong for Feb cycle next year and he said ok.. I thought the Reno will start from Feb. I’m taking a risk, because if I have OHSS I can’t even do any transfer :(

I asked prof during my last visit in early Nov and he said the budget for the reno is not approve yet. My transfer will be end feb or early march next year=)

Hi for KKH fresh cycle, can I ask if anyone were prescribed crinone gel at first for 3 days after ER but in the end no ET is performed? My previous scans show I likely might have a polyp but doc did not confirm with me after ER cos she she say she will check on the lining during ER. I thought if got polyp cannot transfer at all then what’s the purpose for giving me crinone in the first place?

I think so! I asked Prof PC Wong for Feb cycle next year and he said ok.. I thought the Reno will start from Feb. I’m taking a risk, because if I have OHSS I can’t even do any transfer :(
They shld design a protocol for you that doesn’t make you over stimulate.... I have history of PCOS from 2 years ago so my doctor takes that into account when designing a protocol.

Back