Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Did anybody take herbals prescribed by TCM such as Liumei Dihuang granules / Bazhentang granules while having progynova for FET?

Reading thru some of the posts and really impressed by some of the detailed sharing here on the med dosage and food to eat to prep.

For me, all i rem is i went thru 3 fresh and 3 frozen. Conceived successfully on my 3rd fresh cycle with Dr SF Loh. The journey is a tough one filled with lots of waits, trial and errors, disappointment and sadness. Im glad that i persevere and looking forward to see my baby girl soon next year. Hope everyone here persevere too!

All the best to all of you and hope you will carry the little ones in your arms soon. Baby dust to all of you! Good luck to those in tww and blood test results.

Last edited:
Reading thru some of the posts and really impressed by some of the detailed sharing here on the med dosage and food to eat to prep.

For me, all i rem is i went thru 3 fresh and 3 frozen. Conceived successfully on my 3rd fresh cycle with Dr SF Loh. The journey is a tough one filled with lots of waits, trial and errors, disappointment and sadness. Im glad that i persevere and looking forward to see my baby girl soon next year. Hope everyone here persevere too!

All the best to all of you and hope you will carry the little ones in your arms soon. Baby dust to all of you! Good luck to those in tww and blood test results.
Thanks for sharing! Were you with Dr Loh all the way? Is ur embryo 3-day or 5-day?

Wondering also how did you prep for your third fresh that made it successful?
I was also w SF Loh did 1 fresh, 3 FET but failed... Thanks for sharing!

During the ttw, must be in bedrest? Cannot walk ard or cook?
Both doctor and TCM advised to go about with normal routine, whichever that relaxes you. If bedrest makes u feel better then bedrest.

I'm thinking first day maybe will rest but rest of the days I will go about normal routine, nothing strenuous and keep work stress and other stress to minimum. Fully bed rest might make me think more and resulting in more worries and stress..

Thank u iibears! I was in an idea must be in total bedrest for 2 weeks. Must minimise movement. Tht does not sound so bad. Thank you.
ER is scheduled for next week.

Thank u iibears! I was in an idea must be in total bedrest for 2 weeks. Must minimise movement. Tht does not sound so bad. Thank you.
ER is scheduled for next week.
I just did my ET at KKH, both doctor and nurse say walking around is good as it helps w blood circulation. There are ladies who prefer to do bed rest mostly which is fine too! Whichever that relaxes ur mind

Jia you and good luck for your ER!

I just did my ET at KKH, both doctor and nurse say walking around is good as it helps w blood circulation. There are ladies who prefer to do bed rest mostly which is fine too! Whichever that relaxes ur mind

Jia you and good luck for your ER!
You did in KKH ah? Me too in KKH.
Thank you iibears! Good luck to u too

Thanks for sharing! Were you with Dr Loh all the way? Is ur embryo 3-day or 5-day?
I was with kkh for the past cycles. Only my last fresh cycle is with Dr Loh. Im fortunate to be one short one kill with him. He prefers to transfer 3rd day embryo. I tsf 2 and 1 survived. 3 attempted to blast but none survived to freeze.

Wondering also how did you prep for your third fresh that made it successful?
I was also w SF Loh did 1 fresh, 3 FET but failed... Thanks for sharing!
I dont think i do anything special to prep when i was with Dr Loh. I am seeing tcm all these while, maintain a cleaner diet, high protein diet after transfer. Only thing special is Dr Loh asked me to inject intralipid as i have past failed cases. Intralipid helps to reduce immunity so that embryo can stick better.

2-3 hours before. The embryologist will brief you the status. You can ask if your embie is expanding and hatching.
Thanks again and BTW my embryo was thawed one day before my transfer. Transfered today and was thawed yesterday. Maybe different protocols for different hospitals.

Update us! Any positive signs?

Thanks again and BTW my embryo was thawed one day before my transfer. Transfered today and was thawed yesterday. Maybe different protocols for different hospitals.

All the best for tmr test!! Baby dust to you. !!
how many did you transfer? Is yours fresh or frozen cycle?

Thanks. It’s positive. Baby dust to all! Next review in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I dont think i do anything special to prep when i was with Dr Loh. I am seeing tcm all these while, maintain a cleaner diet, high protein diet after transfer. Only thing special is Dr Loh asked me to inject intralipid as i have past failed cases. Intralipid helps to reduce immunity so that embryo can stick better.
Thanks for sharing! :) yeah tried intralipid too didnt work mmmm

Yeps I'm w kkh, dr Chua. Who's ur doctor?

Thank u
I went thru subsidised, my doc is Veronique. But after i started in KKIVF didnt see her at all. Has been all the nurses. Only today saw a random doctor. She said ER is on mon. Is it norm procedure in KK?

I did a FET at KKH about a week ago. Now in tww. BT upcoming friday.
I have 2 frozen embryos but the first one did not make it through the thaw. Then they thawed the 2nd one. Was advised to only do 1 embryo at a time.
Symptoms: Cramps in the middle of night for day 2. Thereafter on/off cramps for a couple of days. Not crampy now. But the stomach has been bloated for many days. Not much of other symptoms.

Congrats to @BabyBecca for your positive news! Can I ask you if did you experience any other symptoms other than the on/off cramping mentioned earlier?

I went thru subsidised, my doc is Veronique. But after i started in KKIVF didnt see her at all. Has been all the nurses. Only today saw a random doctor. She said ER is on mon. Is it norm procedure in KK?
I also went thru subsidised route and yeps same after starting in KKIVF only see nurses and the team of doctors, occasionally when need to do some specific reviews then will see my doctor. But my assigned doctor did all the procedures, ER, ET and polyp removal. Maybe u can check w the nurse who will be doing your procedures?

I did a FET at KKH about a week ago. Now in tww. BT upcoming friday.
I have 2 frozen embryos but the first one did not make it through the thaw. Then they thawed the 2nd one. Was advised to only do 1 embryo at a time.
Symptoms: Cramps in the middle of night for day 2. Thereafter on/off cramps for a couple of days. Not crampy now. But the stomach has been bloated for many days. Not much of other symptoms.

Congrats to @BabyBecca for your positive news! Can I ask you if did you experience any other symptoms other than the on/off cramping mentioned earlier?

Thanks. I have and still having colorless and whitish discharge since 4-5 days post transfer. The rest of the symptoms are the same as PMS symptoms. I observe that the best indicator for myself would be the discharge because this is the only symptom I didn’t get in my past BFN cycles.

Can I understand what medication was used in medicated FET?
Not sure if it’s the same.
My medication are:
1. Progynova 2mg thrice a day
2. Progestrone twice a day( started one week before transfer and continue till date)
3 Duphaston (twice a day after ET)

Not sure if it’s the same.
My medication are:
1. Progynova 2mg thrice a day
2. Progestrone twice a day( started one week before transfer and continue till date)
3 Duphaston (twice a day after ET)
My FET will be in dec. It will be letrozole for 5 days from D2 menses. Is this considered natural or medicated?

Back