IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, u mean after your egg retrieval, u will start FET when ur menses come right the retrieval?
You BFP with fresh cycle or FET?
No, I dun have luck with fresh cycles. I BFP on FET.

What I meant is, after my failed fresh cycle, I don't wait for 2-3 months to embark on the FET.

Once my menses come after having the doc review on why the fresh cycle failed, I just whack on the FET.

So if it's medicated FET, after the fresh cycle, Menses come that cycle can start the meds for FET? After fresh cycle how Long will period take to come?
No mah, you gotta have that review with the doc before he gives the green light for you to start on FET ley.

Imagine you BFN, menses come. We call it Menses A. Then we have to wait for the doc review then he gives the go-ahead for FET after Menses B.

Some ladies start on Menses C cos gotta wait to see the doc.

After failed fresh cycle with the menses, it takes about 1 month for the next menses to come.

So if it's medicated FET, after the fresh cycle, Menses come that cycle can start the meds for FET? After fresh cycle how Long will period take to come?
Hi, for my case, my doc asked me to rest one cycle after fresh before starting on my FET. This is cos I had mild OhSS during my fresh and when my menses came, the blood test showed that my estrogen is still high, which mean my hormones level are not fully back to normal. So I think whether to start a FET immediately would depends if your body hormones is normalized or not. So it would be better to take a blood test and then decide from there. Hope this helps!

No mah, you gotta have that review with the doc before he gives the green light for you to start on FET ley.

Imagine you BFN, menses come. We call it Menses A. Then we have to wait for the doc review then he gives the go-ahead for FET after Menses B.

Some ladies start on Menses C cos gotta wait to see the doc.

After failed fresh cycle with the menses, it takes about 1 month for the next menses to come.
Oh why I ask because I want to do a fresh cycle to get the embryos, but only do a FET. As I also same like u no luck with fresh cycles x2 already.. So I'm wondering whether after the fresh cycle, let menses A come, then can start the meds for FET or need to wait for Menses B then start the meds.. Hope it's not too confusing :p

Geez!!! I tot im the only one having those list...Me too having them....Heeee...And still am writing out the list...Lol...Keep up ladies....

Yes, let's stay strong and determined!
Geez!!! I tot im the only one having those list...Me too having them....Heeee...And still am writing out the list...Lol...Keep up ladies....

Yes, my list also getting longer, lol

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger so let's keep trying! The other day I ask my DH sadly when do we stop trying and he replied until we BFP or become bankrupt, lol... I guess it's good that one of us still has a sense of humour!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger so let's keep trying! The other day I ask my DH sadly when do we stop trying and he replied until we BFP or become bankrupt, lol... I guess it's good that one of us still has a sense of humour!
A non ivf friend also asked me that qn.. And I replied until I bankrupt.. Lol

Muahaha. Hes funny! Oh well u know hes a keeper babe. :D

The question for me - should i stop trying when im 40? Pouts.

I always start my FET right after fresh cycle, after meeting THH. Some ladies said rest for a few months to "tiao/bu" the body. I don't see the need cos it's like so much time wasted. You gotta wait to meet THH, you gotta wait here wait there..(forget it).

I think more or less have slightly more blood cos of the built up lining from the hormonal medication.

I want to do fet now, like this cycle now. But but but nurse say must see THH first for review. Pouts. Hes like so busy. How to squeeze time for me!

TKN any tips to prepare for fet? Im like blank after failed fresh. Sighs.

I want to do fet now, like this cycle now. But but but nurse say must see THH first for review. Pouts. Hes like so busy. How to squeeze time for me!

TKN any tips to prepare for fet? Im like blank after failed fresh. Sighs.
Nothing much for FET, I am a believer of blastocyst and a good thick lining lor....so perhaps you can work on your lining to enhance implantation.

Nothing much for FET, I am a believer of blastocyst and a good thick lining lor....so perhaps you can work on your lining to enhance implantation.
I like ur tips...Now im working hard for my lining b4 review by Thh again and a go green light for Fet next month...

I like ur tips...Now im working hard for my lining b4 review by Thh again and a go green light for Fet next month...
hahaha, no need to be so kiasu first...you can eat all you want now before the actual FET...in case you BFP, then there are many things you cannot eat

Okay im going take that and run with it. Ummm... sorry i only have negatives in my brains now, how do i enhance implantation? Does coq10 helps?

Hajar! Share share please. =P

hahaha, no need to be so kiasu first...you can eat all you want now before the actual FET...in case you BFP, then there are many things you cannot eat
Speaking of eat all i want.Like omggggg just indulged myself with all the cooling stufff...Sinful but gotta do want i need to do before the real ordeal resumes again.Heeeeee......Certainly nice to indulge in all those junkies....Heeee....

Okay im going take that and run with it. Ummm... sorry i only have negatives in my brains now, how do i enhance implantation? Does coq10 helps?

I dun have ani better ideas to improve my lining other than following towkayneo additional tips of nutrisoy wich ive just started recently..Before that been indulgin lots protein and red bean soup daily.So lets see if this additional tips works in helpin my lining for my future Fet....Apart from that i just did my Sis...And will do my endo scratch when near to Fet...Hope all this helps me Bfp...Heeeee....

Hello all, new to this chat group. I started my first fresh cycle in May-June. Unfortunately, just got my official negative blood test for Ivf #1. =( Going to wait to see doc next week for review and probably start Ivf #2 in Sept. Any ideas on how to improve egg quality? My fertilization rates were well below average. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi, for my case, my doc asked me to rest one cycle after fresh before starting on my FET. This is cos I had mild OhSS during my fresh and when my menses came, the blood test showed that my estrogen is still high, which mean my hormones level are not fully back to normal. So I think whether to start a FET immediately would depends if your body hormones is normalized or not. So it would be better to take a blood test and then decide from there. Hope this helps!
I dun have ani better ideas to improve my lining other than following towkayneo additional tips of nutrisoy wich ive just started recently..Before that been indulgin lots protein and red bean soup daily.So lets see if this additional tips works in helpin my lining for my future Fet....Apart from that i just did my Sis...And will do my endo scratch when near to Fet...Hope all this helps me Bfp...Heeeee....
protein like egg whites will also improve the lining? the red bean soup is like those dessert kind right? Sorry to ask so many qns.. im also preparing for FET..

Hello all, new to this chat group. I started my first fresh cycle in May-June. Unfortunately, just got my official negative blood test for Ivf #1. =( Going to wait to see doc next week for review and probably start Ivf #2 in Sept. Any ideas on how to improve egg quality? My fertilization rates were well below average. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi iewezs, go tcm to tiao your womb for better on Sept... During this few months no cold drink.... Drink warm water...less tea, Continue ur Folic acid n vitamin.... Cheer urself... Eat what you like...

Hi iewezs, go tcm to tiao your womb for better on Sept... During this few months no cold drink.... Drink warm water...less tea, Continue ur Folic acid n vitamin.... Cheer urself... Eat what you like...

Thanks Karen. Yes, I have been going to TCM since last year. I even signed up for the IVF accupunture package with Thomson TCM At NUH. I have stopped all cold food, cold drinks, coffee for almost 2 years. It is quite depressing when you thought you have done everything you can but still it is not enough. Sigh... coming to this forum is the only way to give myself more hope when I hear great news like yours! Congrats!

Speaking of eat all i want.Like omggggg just indulged myself with all the cooling stufff...Sinful but gotta do want i need to do before the real ordeal resumes again.Heeeeee......Certainly nice to indulge in all those junkies....Heeee....

haha I totally understand what you mean. Yesterday after my negative blood test, I indulged myself with a cup of nesspresso, ice cream and chips in the midst of tears pouring off my face .... I haven't have these for monthsssss.....

It's the typical red bean soup, soya milk, food with estrogen that will enhance lining. CoQ10, if I am not wrong, enhances the egg quality yeah?

haha I totally understand what you mean. Yesterday after my negative blood test, I indulged myself with a cup of nesspresso, ice cream and chips in the midst of tears pouring off my face .... I haven't have these for monthsssss.....
Actually you don't really have to abstain yourself from such food cos the more you abstain, the more your body will resist and your mind will be like a pressure cooker. I suggest you take it easy and eat what you want to eat on normal days.

Just want to share with those who are consuming supplements bought locally, Unity is having 25% discount. Good deal to buy now :)

But do check expiry date. I nearly grabbed a bottle the other day, then realise that bottle has expired on May 2016! Told the staff immediately. Bought my supplement at another outlet expiry 2017 Oct.

Ya man!!!! Seriously months we can skip all those unfortunately weight doesnt go down still....Lol!!!!!! Only bloated heavy due to stim medication for a gd course that is....Lol.....

@hajar u going for yr FET next mth? All the best ger!!
Waitin for green light from dr.Thh...Suposed to be then he wants me to go Sis first wich i did and now waitin for his review in days to come..If confirm green light yes Fet next month..Thanks hey...Gotta stock up soya too...Heeeeeee...

Sorry to hear that. I oso BFN for my first fresh cycle and my fertilisation rate was bad. Retrieved more than 30 eggs but only 2 fertilised and survived to be transferred.

For my second cycle, doc prescribed a short protocol and then ask me to take co-Q10 and DHEA. Retrieved lesser eggs but at the end 3 fertilised and survived. I transferred 2 and BFP and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who is 3 now. I thk the supplements helped.

Sorry to hear that. I oso BFN for my first fresh cycle and my fertilisation rate was bad. Retrieved more than 30 eggs but only 2 fertilised and survived to be transferred.

For my second cycle, doc prescribed a short protocol and then ask me to take co-Q10 and DHEA. Retrieved lesser eggs but at the end 3 fertilised and survived. I transferred 2 and BFP and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who is 3 now. I thk the supplements helped.

Thanks for encouragement! I was on short protocol and retrieved 10 eggs out of 18 follicles but only 3 fertilised and 2 transferred. The 3rd didnt make it. Prof Wong says most likely bad egg quality thats why fertilisation rates was below average. He was expecting 5. I am taking CoQ10 already... maybe need to up dosage. I will check with him on DHEA when i see him next week.

Back