IVF/ICSI Support Group

Babe i miscarried twice. Both conceived naturally. One was pprom at 17weeks. My baby had a strong heart beat but couldnt breathe on her own at birth cos of undeveloped lungs. A year later, another miscarriage at 7weeks. How early should i get progesterone help?

Progestrone support can take during 2ww n continue till first tri. Miscarriage mostly happened cos of chromosome abnormalities n not because of low Progestrone. If u are worried u can go for progrestrone blood test to determine if u have low Progestrone. Usually a support jab can help.

Omg I am v sorry to hear this gal. When I had high fever ñ uti during stim stage I went to tmc and they were v prompt to handle. Also tat time had bleeding also they gave proluton. So am not sure why this time they turn away.

I guess depend on which doc bah. I will go kkh tmr early to chk and ask.

Anybody taken antibiotics till ET before? Just thinking maybe I shd take antibiotics thru out if there's a 3rd fresh.

Thanks @Vk85. Saw there are a few types of ensure milk. Can share which one u drink? :)
Hi rainbowdream this is what I take.
1dbc80e7f2beff7cab011e4aefe19dcf.jpg

Hi sisters, does ensure in the tin/powder form taste the same as those pre-mix bottled kind? I tried the latter and find it rather thick and sweet.

Dear sisters... Anyone taking DHEA and charting BBT? I have been detecting positive OPK for the past 2 cycles, but my BBT never rise after O. This was after taking DHEA.... Does anyone taking DHEA have this problem? Or am I having problem?? - feeling depressed...

Dear sisters... Anyone taking DHEA and charting BBT? I have been detecting positive OPK for the past 2 cycles, but my BBT never rise after O. This was after taking DHEA.... Does anyone taking DHEA have this problem? Or am I having problem?? - feeling depressed...
Tsf, don't feel depress. Opk can only detect the LH hormones that tells u the ov hormones are present but cannot tell you if you have ovulated. Ur bbt may suggest you didn't complete ov. I know you just completed a cycle? May take a while before the wonky hormones go back to normal. If you are worried, you can do blood test during CD3 and cd21 to compare hormonal levels.

i have 2 boxes of prognyova to let go for price of just $10 dollars for BOTH, it's super cheap. But must deal by tomorrow last day(monday 13) as i'll be going overseas soon. Meet MRT tomorrow latest. PM if interested. Expiry date Jan 2017. I will throw if no one take. I've taken 12 tablets only and hv bfp with gb twins. so it's super good luck.
Shouldn't u just give for free as blessings since u are throwing it away anyway.

Tsf, don't feel depress. Opk can only detect the LH hormones that tells u the ov hormones are present but cannot tell you if you have ovulated. Ur bbt may suggest you didn't complete ov. I know you just completed a cycle? May take a while before the wonky hormones go back to normal. If you are worried, you can do blood test during CD3 and cd21 to compare hormonal levels.
Thanks muff for the reply. This never happened before... I tried to google but dun find anything... My past fail cycles don't have this problem... Feel so lost now. It jus feels like I have no eggs left...

Shouldn't u just give for free as blessings since u are throwing it away anyway.
Ivf expensive of course want to recoop some expenses, and also sometimes some ppl dun appreciate even if foc de, not even a thank you, i've experienced so this time i rather throw away

Thanks muff for the reply. This never happened before... I tried to google but dun find anything... My past fail cycles don't have this problem... Feel so lost now. It jus feels like I have no eggs left...
Cannot be no eggs la. But the question is more of whether did the egg ovulate out or not. Also, our bodies sometimes behave abit differently after each cycle. My cycles are also also abit wonky after my last ivf my ov is like really late and I'm also not sure if I've ovulated. U can check your Amh levels during the cd21 blood test as well. Just to be sure ... Don't stress first. And you just took dhea right? Won't be so fast for the effect I guess, if any.

I have just started my first cycle of ICSI.. tonight will be taking my 4th gonal f jab..

Just was seek some opinion... cause I have been seeing tcm previously.. do you think it is ok to continue taking tcm meds while doing IVF? My tcm meds is more of adjusting body

I have just started my first cycle of ICSI.. tonight will be taking my 4th gonal f jab..

Just was seek some opinion... cause I have been seeing tcm previously.. do you think it is ok to continue taking tcm meds while doing IVF? My tcm meds is more of adjusting body
Usually my Ivf doc and tcm doc will advise to stop taking tcm herbs meds during the Ivf cycle itself. Very little is known of the potential contraindications between tcm and western meds and I personally feel it's better to minimize the burden of processing these meds together on the body, so avoid any risks. In between cycles, it is ok to take tcm meds if needed to condition your health but do let tcm doc know so that she can ensure that treatments complement your cycles.

Ladies can I ask what's the difference between proluton and pregnyl jabs?
Proluton is progesterone in oil and injected usually at 250ml dosage per jab to provide additional support for luteal phase and during 1st trimester. Pregnyl jab is hcg hormone usually injected as final jab after ovarian stimulation when follicles are about 18mm to trigger maturation & release of eggs at 36hrs after jab for the egg retrieval. Sometimes some doc may order pregnyl jabs as part of luteal phase support protocol after ET. It works by 'tricking' the body to think that hcg is present due to successful implantation and thereby trigger body's natural production of progesterone.

I guess depend on which doc bah. I will go kkh tmr early to chk and ask.

Anybody taken antibiotics till ET before? Just thinking maybe I shd take antibiotics thru out if there's a 3rd fresh.
Hi babe, I think the antibiotics usually administered once prior to ET is not specific for uti. If you are prone to uti, can let doc know for advice what medication or preventive measure is appropriate for next cycle if that is what you are thinking. There are probiotics sold over the counter that are specific for vaginal health (eg Optibac brand) so you may also ask doc if this is appropriate for you.

Babe i miscarried twice. Both conceived naturally. One was pprom at 17weeks. My baby had a strong heart beat but couldnt breathe on her own at birth cos of undeveloped lungs. A year later, another miscarriage at 7weeks. How early should i get progesterone help?
Hi babe, usually it is rare to have consecutive m/c at more advance stage of pregnancy. Not sure if you had previously been advised or tested fetal tissues for the cause of the m/c. If it is not due to chromosomal abnormalities of the fetus, you may want to consider consulting Dr Choolani clinic or Dr Sheila Vasoo who are reowned in SG for reproductive immunology specialty. I know dr Loh would also refer his patients who encountered repeated m/cs despite excellent embryos transferred to consult Dr Choolani clinic to get specific testing for possible immunologic issues causing elevated NK cells to attack the embryos or fetus.

Hi babe, I think the antibiotics usually administered once prior to ET is not specific for uti. If you are prone to uti, can let doc know for advice what medication or preventive measure is appropriate for next cycle if that is what you are thinking. There are probiotics sold over the counter that are specific for vaginal health (eg Optibac brand) so you may also ask doc if this is appropriate for you.

Hi dear, I'm suspecting it is not uti this round.. hv been taking the probiotics for vaginal health also. I will chk with doc and see what he say. Thanks for replying dear!

Can we take our usual supplements before Et? Kk advise no food after 7am till transfer. Not sure supplements can take ma? Also, can we drink prune juice?

Sisters in tww who went to work did u take public transport or cab. I feel threatened by the journey to work. 40 mins by cab. first thing I alight rush to loo to see if spot. Living in fear practically. I don't have mc to cover till bt. How safe is travelling by public transport in tww n after tat??

Sisters in tww who went to work did u take public transport or cab. I feel threatened by the journey to work. 40 mins by cab. first thing I alight rush to loo to see if spot. Living in fear practically. I don't have mc to cover till bt. How safe is travelling by public transport in tww n after tat??

Doc didnt.giv hl?

Usually my Ivf doc and tcm doc will advise to stop taking tcm herbs meds during the Ivf cycle itself. Very little is known of the potential contraindications between tcm and western meds and I personally feel it's better to minimize the burden of processing these meds together on the body, so avoid any risks. In between cycles, it is ok to take tcm meds if needed to condition your health but do let tcm doc know so that she can ensure that treatments complement your cycles.
Hmm.. ok thanks for sharing! I think I will check with my doc tmr then.

Given your situation, it's kinda stressful having to commute and work. Coz you have spotting and tested positive implantation and trying all means to secure the implantation. It's diff from just having done FET & not knowing outcome yet. Can take urgent annual leave till BT? If not, can insist to kk to get doc to provide you HL till BT? Praying that all goes well for you. All the best.

For fet.. If Kkh defroze 6 embryos for 5 days blast, if any of the embryo cannot make it.. Will they call you?
They should be calling you daily for updates on the progress of your embryos after thawing till expected day of transfer. They will also inform you in case they require you to go for earlier than day 5 transfer if they feel that the embryos/morula are better off further developing in your womb than in the culture medium till blastocyst.

They should be calling you daily for updates on the progress of your embryos after thawing till expected day of transfer. They will also inform you in case they require you to go for earlier than day 5 transfer if they feel that the embryos/morula are better off further developing in your womb than in the culture medium till blastocyst.
Ummm, for KKH, unfortunately, it's not like that. They will not call daily on the embryo progress.

Unless the embryos cannot survive, they will not call you, so as KKH patients, we assume no call means good news.

On the 2nd part, you are right, they will call you to go earlier / on the spot for transfer if the embryos/morula are better off further developing in your womb than in the culture medium till blastocyst

Update FET#1
Jun 09 (Thu), 5dp5dt
- Spotting on and off since 3dp5dt, from brownish to pinkish
- Got the Proluton Depot 250 mg jab to support.
- Countdown to BT : 7 days
Update FET#1
Jun 13 (Mon), 9dp5dt
- Spotting still on
- Got second jab of Proluton Depot 250 mg
- Countdown to BT : 3 days

I always get HL till a couple of days after BT. And when I knew I was pregnant I took cab everyday to work.

I am on blast.. But I have been thinking .. If the first 2 best embryos are transfer before and my girl is from one of it.. The rest of the embryos should be not as good right? How can they survive the 5 days.. Hmmm..

I am on blast.. But I have been thinking .. If the first 2 best embryos are transfer before and my girl is from one of it.. The rest of the embryos should be not as good right? How can they survive the 5 days.. Hmmm..
Very hard to say, cos the embryologist determines the grade through naked eyes. so it's quite hard to say. In fact, those who survived more than one session of freezing & thawing, wouldn't you consider them strongest?

My elder son is one of the last 2 frozen embryos out of 8...now my second son is from the one of the last 2 frozen embryos out of 6.

Babe, sorry I thought the same process applies for kkh too. Based on towkayneo and as you said, no call since ytd means good news for your case.

All embryos stand a chance. I transferred 3 best day 2 embryos in my fresh cycle but bfn. So during the following FET we thawed 5 next best day-2 embryos to culture to blastocysts, and I got my first bfp with a singleton pregnancy. I hope my story is able to encourage you and inspire positive hope. Eventually what will be will be. Nothing more you can do now to influence the embryos but you need to stay well & maintain the positive energy for your FET.

Babe, sorry I thought the same process applies for kkh too. Based on towkayneo and as you said, no call since ytd means good news for your case.

All embryos stand a chance. I transferred 3 best day 2 embryos in my fresh cycle but bfn. So during the following FET we thawed 5 next best day-2 embryos to culture to blastocysts, and I got my first bfp with a singleton pregnancy. I hope my story is able to encourage you and inspire positive hope. Eventually what will be will be. Nothing more you can do now to influence the embryos but you need to stay well & maintain th

hihi, I am also on FET.. Can i check if the dr will determine if it will be a blastocyst or do we have a say? Any idea on what basis will the embryos be a blast? I understand that blast will require 5 embryos and i only have 11 frozen...

Ya, of course you will have a say in wanting your embryos to be blasted or be D2/D3.

My doc is THH. Usually he will look at the quantity. If there are sufficient embryos, he will recommend blastocyst.

If you have 11 frozen, it's actually quite a good idea to blast them.

Hi @Hope42014 my situation is similar to yours. My girls is one of the first 2 best embryos on my last fresh cycle. Managed to freeze 2. Went for my FET last Dec. Thawed the 2 remaining embies to cultivate to 5 day blastocyst. Unfortunately one did not managed to make it and transferred only 1. But I got a bfn for my FET. Will be going for my last fresh this Aug/Sept. So I think it really depends on your blastocyst, lining, womb condition, etc.
Some people do well for their fresh cycles while some do well on FET.

Like what @towkayneo say no news = good news. Just relax and be postive that your embies can make it to blastocysts. Meanwhile you can take time time to improve your lining thickness and tiao your body before your FET.

Kkh is like a factory.. Ok.. Hope I don't receive call till Wednesday .. Hope I bfp for my 2nd one then I close shop Liao..
Ya, you shouldn't be expecting their call anytime soon..wait till your embryos cultivate into blastocyst then call. In the meantime, stay zen!

I always get HL till a couple of days after BT. And when I knew I was pregnant I took cab everyday to work.
Ya me too cab everyday since et. I somemore bring cushion to sit on. I tell uncle drive slow no need rush. Some roads v bumpy. Last time heck care now super care. I see my friends who conceive natural can still travel to nz till 7 mths and for me a mere cab is a threat. :(

Hi @cindy_chang, I'm with TFC Dr Loh whom is commonly known to prefer day 2 or 3 transfers. However after having done 4 transfers with excellent looking day 2 or 3 embryos but bfn while was left with 10 frozen embryos, I spoke to the embryologist who reviewed my records and encouraged trying blastocysts. The embryologist suggested that to consider culturing to day 5 blastocysts, they would like to start with at least 5 frozen cleavage stage embryos as on average 80% survive thawing of which 40-50% on average would survive & grow to day 5. This means starting with 5 embryos, you have a better chance of getting at least 1-2 blastocysts. That aside, it is also the clinic's practice to do earlier than day 5 transfer should they feel that the development of the embryos in culture medium is not progressing ideally so at least the embryos have a chance to develop further in the womb.

So I discussed with dr Loh and found that he actually supportive as well seeing that I've good quantity of embryos as well as I am well aware of the risks of worst case scenario where none of the thawed embryos survive and there will be none for transfer. So we proceeded with taking 5 out of the 10 to culture to day 5 and managed to have 2 blastocysts for transfer while remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze again. Maybe have a discussion with your doc. All the best!

Hi @cindy_chang, I'm with TFC Dr Loh whom is commonly known to prefer day 2 or 3 transfers. However after having done 4 transfers with excellent looking day 2 or 3 embryos but bfn while was left with 10 frozen embryos, I spoke to the embryologist who reviewed my records and encouraged trying blastocysts. The embryologist suggested that to consider culturing to day 5 blastocysts, they would like to start with at least 5 frozen cleavage stage embryos as on average 80% survive thawing of which 40-50% on average would survive & grow to day 5. This means starting with 5 embryos, you have a better chance of getting at least 1-2 blastocysts. That aside, it is also the clinic's practice to do earlier than day 5 transfer should they feel that the development of the embryos in culture medium is not progressing ideally so at least the embryos have a chance to develop further in the womb.

So I discussed with dr Loh and found that he actually supportive as well seeing that I've good quantity of embryos as well as I am well aware of the risks of worst case scenario where none of the thawed embryos survive and there will be none for transfer. So we proceeded with taking 5 out of the 10 to culture to day 5 and managed to have 2 blastocysts for transfer while remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze again. Maybe have a discussion with your doc. All the best!

Hi DawnBB, i'm with Dr Loh too!! I was on a fresh cycle but due to risk of OHSS, he asked me to be on FET. so now waiting for the 3rd menses cycle before seeing him again.. will discuss with him and see what he has in mind. Did you bfp with the blast?

Back