IVF/ICSI Support Group

Those who got BFP through ivf, how many Embryos did u transfer and how many make it? I am 28 this yr, i think prof wong will only allow me to trsf 1. Any girls here under pc wong and he allowed 2? Reason?

Those who got BFP through ivf, how many Embryos did u transfer and how many make it? I am 28 this yr, i think prof wong will only allow me to trsf 1. Any girls here under pc wong and he allowed 2? Reason?
Hi Ohy, i'm under PC Wong and i think i'm allowed to transfer two. Depending on the condition of eggs of course. But i'm much much older than u liao. So did pc wong tell u why he only allowed u to transfer 1?

Hi Ohy, i'm under PC Wong and i think i'm allowed to transfer two. Depending on the condition of eggs of course. But i'm much much older than u liao. So did pc wong tell u why he only allowed u to transfer 1?
Hihi ohy , it depends on individual body n age too

Jeu, he haven't tell me how many he will transfer. But i have a feeling he will only allow one. I am slightly obese so im afraid to have twins. But i see higher chance in bfp with singleton with 2 ET. Can i ask u, the consent form which we sign with CHR, i alrdy wrote 1 ET, does it mean i cannot opt for 2 alrdy? Im only at my 2nd day of stims.

Karen, congrats on ur bfp! May i know how many embryo u transfer? And u r preg with?

It's always a maximum of two but the choice is yours whether u want to put one or two. I put two in and got preg with singleton on my first Ivf. I'm with NUH but not pc wong. Why did prof only allow you to put in one?

It's always a maximum of two but the choice is yours whether u want to put one or two. I put two in and got preg with singleton on my first Ivf. I'm with NUH but not pc wong. Why did prof only allow you to put in one?

Hi Andreanie, he didnt say he only allow one. Im preparing myself in case he says that. But seems from all the input that, the choice of 1 or 2 is up to us ya? Sorry, maybe i didnt say clearly.

Sorry to hear that. I oso BFN for my first fresh cycle and my fertilisation rate was bad. Retrieved more than 30 eggs but only 2 fertilised and survived to be transferred.

For my second cycle, doc prescribed a short protocol and then ask me to take co-Q10 and DHEA. Retrieved lesser eggs but at the end 3 fertilised and survived. I transferred 2 and BFP and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who is 3 now. I thk the supplements helped.

Babe whats the dosage recommended for coq10 and dhea?

My fresh cycle retrieved 21 eggs, but only 3 usable embryos. Transferred 1, now 2 in the freezer. I had good lining but got a bfn. Im thinking its stress. Cos my dear embryos made it this far. Its me not them. Am I adding more stress? bleargh.

Babe whats the dosage recommended for coq10 and dhea?

My fresh cycle retrieved 21 eggs, but only 3 usable embryos. Transferred 1, now 2 in the freezer. I had good lining but got a bfn. Im thinking its stress. Cos my dear embryos made it this far. Its me not them. Am I adding more stress? bleargh.

Actually, I can't remember the dosage. My IVF doc recommended for me to take for 3 months before I started my second cycle and I BFP after that. I didn't take it for my third cycle when I wanted to try for number 2. Should have taken it. You can check with your doc. She would recommend you the correct dosage.

A BFN to end our FET#1 journey :(
We are coming, FET#2, soon...
Oops... perhaps we might BFP naturally next cycle, who knows right?! :) STAY POSITIVE!
Tomorrow will be a better day, all the best and good luck sisters! Keep fighting...
Just an update after the failed FET review with Dr SF Loh. For my FET, Dr suggested to transfer two blasts and he ordered to thaw only three D2 embryos, which all survived and at the end we managed to get two blasts and transferred as per plan. According to him, my blasts looked good (not perfect) yet BFN! It is normally due to the chromosomes issues. I did spotted since as early as 3dp5dt, this is not common. Since we do have quite a number of frozen embies and blasts, Dr ordered a karyotype blood test for both hubby and myself to check for chromosomes normality. If the result is not positive (touch wood), then we may appeal for PGD in future FETs.
So many uncertainties along the journey... Think as long as we can still breath in the air freely every day, we should still feel grateful! I am always a simple and 知足常乐 person. 既来之,则安之吧!姐姐妹妹站起来,加油吧!

Actually, I can't remember the dosage. My IVF doc recommended for me to take for 3 months before I started my second cycle and I BFP after that. I didn't take it for my third cycle when I wanted to try for number 2. Should have taken it. You can check with your doc. She would recommend you the correct dosage.
Did u take DHEA?

Sorry what's DHEA? Is it the same as DHA?

Anyway Ohy, maybe u can ask prof or Chr nurses again whether u can change to transfer two? Since the ivf is not done yet, maybe it's possible.

Can i ask u, the consent form which we sign with CHR, i alrdy wrote 1 ET, does it mean i cannot opt for 2 alrdy? Im only at my 2nd day of stims.

U can change anytime b4 the ET. Juz let them know in advance so that paperwork can be updated.
For me- i wrote 1 on the form. But decided to change to 2 juz the day b4 ET. So i juz go down earlier on ET day to CHR to amend the form.

Hi sisters..right now I'm 7dp5dt and I took a test this morning and it's a BFN. Although hubby and I saw a faint line, it was after 1 hour plus so it may be evap line.

During the ET, Dr Sadhana told me that based on my scans they were expecting to retrieve more eggs but only 4 follicles had eggs and the rest were empty. Is there any supplement I can take to improve this? She said it's genetic but I think there may be sth I can do to help? Cuz I only had 1 blastocyst with nothing left to freeze. Thanks!

Hi sisters..right now I'm 7dp5dt and I took a test this morning and it's a BFN. Although hubby and I saw a faint line, it was after 1 hour plus so it may be evap line.

During the ET, Dr Sadhana told me that based on my scans they were expecting to retrieve more eggs but only 4 follicles had eggs and the rest were empty. Is there any supplement I can take to improve this? She said it's genetic but I think there may be sth I can do to help? Cuz I only had 1 blastocyst with nothing left to freeze. Thanks!
You may want to try digital which gives more accurate results. Maybe tomorrow as more hcg mite be needed. Be positive!!!

U can change anytime b4 the ET. Juz let them know in advance so that paperwork can be updated.
For me- i wrote 1 on the form. But decided to change to 2 juz the day b4 ET. So i juz go down earlier on ET day to CHR to amend the form.

Rac_bow, thanks thanks! Good to know i still can change. Haha.. Did u get BFP by transferring 2?

Despair not...Try again the next cycle....jiayooo!!

Last edited:

It sounds promising babe! Hang in there. Hugs!

I see, do u still remember how much DHEA were u on? Was it helpful in terms with the yield?
I don't remember the dosage. But I think it helps with the quality since I BFP and child is very healthy. For my third cycle, I didn't take. Even though I had 5 eggs fertilised and survived, 1 BFP but heartbeat stopped at 7wks. Doc attributed it to abnormal embryo. So I believe taking coQ10 and DHEA do help with the quality.

If you have condition, do not take DHEA unless your gynae gives the green light as DHEA has something gotta to do with the hormones. I'm taking the below supplements.
ImageUploadedByForum1466257897.314603.jpg

If you have condition, do not take DHEA unless your gynae gives the green light as DHEA has something gotta to do with the hormones. I'm taking the below supplements. View attachment 643625
I was so concerned with lining, I've been taking supplements related to building lining only... Is it too late to start Coq10 now? I have 2 weeks to my first fresh cycle...

I was so concerned with lining, I've been taking supplements related to building lining only... Is it too late to start Coq10 now? I have 2 weeks to my first fresh cycle...
It's never too late. If you want, also can take fresh eggs for quality of eggs! I have about one month to my first fresh cycle also. I'm also taking vitamin d, b12 & folic. What supplements are u taking for lining?

It's never too late. If you want, also can take fresh eggs for quality of eggs! I have about one month to my first fresh cycle also. I'm also taking vitamin d, b12 & folic. What supplements are u taking for lining?
Raspberry tea, iron supplements coupled with red bean soup...
Folic acid is something I've been taking like forever, ever since I started TTC naturally.
I've been taking Royal jelly as well... But it doesn't seem to be mentioned much here...

Hi all,

I wanna know if anyone here has any experience doing IVF with Dr Marianne Hendricks at The O & G Clinic (Thomson)? Planning to go for first consultation after the next 2 menstrual cycles...

Raspberry tea, iron supplements coupled with red bean soup...
Folic acid is something I've been taking like forever, ever since I started TTC naturally.
I've been taking Royal jelly as well... But it doesn't seem to be mentioned much here...
I'm taking raspberry tea & red bean too. Does iron supplements really help? I heard Royal jelly not scientifically proven to help so I guess that's why not mentioned much here

I'm taking raspberry tea & red bean too. Does iron supplements really help? I heard Royal jelly not scientifically proven to help so I guess that's why not mentioned much here
I started taking Royal jelly cause it's "natural", basically read up and there's a lot of articles which swear by it but then again, it obviously hasn't worked for me lol... Iron supplements are more for my low-volume period condition.

I just checked out Coq10 on iherbs. It's quite ex huh? What's the recommended daily dosage? I read differing views. From 300mg to 600mg.

I started taking Royal jelly cause it's "natural", basically read up and there's a lot of articles which swear by it but then again, it obviously hasn't worked for me lol... Iron supplements are more for my low-volume period condition.

I just checked out Coq10 on iherbs. It's quite ex huh? What's the recommended daily dosage? I read differing views. From 300mg to 600mg.
I'm taking in between that.. 400mg.. :)

Ladies have you heard about L-arginine helping with fertility? Im keen to get it but not sure about the dosage la. Anybody taken it before? Is it any help?

I went to check coq10 at unity pharmacy, the sales lady said 400mg is too much. So she showed me the 150mg tabs. Sighs. Obviously she didnt read up on infertility.

So 400 g is the recommended dosage is it?
I don't know whether that's the recommended dose. I read from online it says for a start can start with higher dose as your body may lack it.. After 2 weeks can cut down. So I'll cut down to 200mg soon
Mine comes in 200mg per pill

I went to check coq10 at unity pharmacy, the sales lady said 400mg is too much. So she showed me the 150mg tabs. Sighs. Obviously she didnt read up on infertility.

So 400 g is the recommended dosage is it?
It depends on quality of coq10 also, best is to snap a photo of the supplement and ask doc's advise he much to eat.

Back