IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks ladies. My heart is so heavy. Wanna stay in bed and mop. Tears also didnt make it better.

But then theres not much else that I can do but try again. Hoping for the best!
Hi Cheetarr, sorry to hear the news. Hugs. I can imagine the disappointment and discouragement. I'm scared of my turn too.

Hope you can find something to cheer u up. Take care

Thanks ladies. My heart is so heavy. Wanna stay in bed and mop. Tears also didnt make it better.

Hi Cheetarr, sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you feel because I also got my BFN news a week ago, the worse part was I was at work and so had to hide in toilet to cry and compose myself... Anyway nothing except yourself can make you feel better, be positive and try again!

Not sure if this will help you but what I did was to note own things I thought I should have done (eg better dietary regime, exercise) and things I should not have done and with this in mind, I felt better since I have clearer objectives for my next try. Jiayou!

Babe I ever kena ectopic pregnancy and cannot detect it too. Only detected it after a few days of staying in the hospital, the sac is hanging at the end of my left tube :( but that was way before I started Ivf. I got pregnant while on Clomid for that one. Only had the Methrotraxete jab, no need to remove tubes but present gynae said it's questionable cos there might still be scarring on the left tube caused by the ectopic.
I also had the same. Ectopic and then left tube removed. You can try to go for hsg to check your tubes. May have some answers.

@muff yap, as per the KKIVF flowchart, Long protocol requires lucrin injections for 2 to 4 weeks b4 the start of other injections. Btw, any idea why the doctor put u on 1 mth birth ctrl pills b4 yr jabs?
Yes. Tmc doc put me on pill because he said he wants all the eggs to be controlled and able to grow together more uniformly. Tfc ask me to be on bcp because they saw a cyst so the bcp will get rid and control of cyst before starting cycle.

Cheer up! Dun be disheartened.Majority of us went thru that process of failure eventualy some succeed thereafter...part and parcel of our journey here...Take care...Rest well..Gear up ur body for next cycle...

Hi Cheetarr, sorry to hear the news. Hugs. I can imagine the disappointment and discouragement. I'm scared of my turn too.

Hope you can find something to cheer u up. Take care

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your kind thoughts. Nothing beats this feeling, whether you want it or not.

And Jeu, dont be scared. Hope keeps us alive I tell you. Hugs for u too! Fyi I was all excited, till I saw the blood. Ergh.

Last edited:
I also had the same. Ectopic and then left tube removed. You can try to go for hsg to check your tubes. May have some answers.

Oh I've already done the hsg 5 years ago after the ectopic. Both tubes are ok but gynae said there might be scarring on the left tube caused by the embryo when it travelled out of the womb.

Hi Cheetarr, sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you feel because I also got my BFN news a week ago, the worse part was I was at work and so had to hide in toilet to cry and compose myself... Anyway nothing except yourself can make you feel better, be positive and try again!

Not sure if this will help you but what I did was to note own things I thought I should have done (eg better dietary regime, exercise) and things I should not have done and with this in mind, I felt better since I have clearer objectives for my next try. Jiayou!

Oh wow i have a strings of "I shouldnt have done thats" during my 2ww la. Shish. You know what, I wished Ive taken the hospitalization leave given for the 2ww more seriously. I was like- its okay i can do this, i can do that. NOW im thinking I should have just stayed in bed like a good girl. But noooo... sighs. Oh well too late for regrets. Its done and no BFP.

So sorry to hear about your bfn too. No matter where u are, it sucks big time. Sometimes things like this makes us stronger. Hugs! And yes yes good reminder to do the Watch Out! list. Im going to type out mine and stick it on the wall I tell ya.

Last edited:
Cheetarr how come your blood test so early one. Usually they only test 14dp3dt ma no meh?

Muff darling, sorry paiseh salah count. My 10dp3dt was Sunday. When the bleeding starts. Sighs. So I called this morning and told them im bleeding for 3 days liao. The nurse say come and do blood test. Today its 13dp3dt for me. Pouts.

Originally im supposed to do bt on 17June la.

Last edited:
Hi all, just wanna check is it better to have a blastocyst transferred or let the fertilized egg develop itself?

Hi all, just wanna check is it better to have a blastocyst transferred or let the fertilized egg develop itself?

Hi CTTC, its often said that blastocyst provides the chance to select the stronger and better embryo. But there are some who felt the womb is a better environment and prefers to transfer at d2/d3. Depends on the doctor's belief.

Oh I've already done the hsg 5 years ago after the ectopic. Both tubes are ok but gynae said there might be scarring on the left tube caused by the embryo when it travelled out of the womb.
True Lor. I read just now to my horror that even if tube is not blocked, doesn't mean the tube function is normal!!! Omg....

Muff darling, sorry paiseh salah count. My 10dp3dt was Sunday. When the bleeding starts. Sighs. So I called this morning and told them im bleeding for 3 days liao. The nurse say come and do blood test. Today its 13dp3dt for me. Pouts.

Originally im supposed to do bt on 17June la.
Ohhhh. I thought if 10dp still have some hopes de. Sorry to see this. With regards to hospital leave during 2ww, I've done them all ya, entire two weeks rest at home nua, go back to work after transfer, rest 3 days nua, fly off during 2ww, nothing happened for me too. Sighs .. If there's a formula for us. I wish there's no more infertile women!

Oh wow i have a strings of "I shouldnt have done thats" during my 2ww la. Shish. You know what, I wished Ive taken the hospitalization leave given for the 2ww more seriously. I was like- its okay i can do this, i can do that. NOW im thinking I should have just stayed in bed like a good girl. But noooo... sighs. Oh well too late for regrets. Its done and no BFP.

So sorry to hear about your bfn too. No matter where u are, it sucks big time. Sometimes things like this makes us stronger. Hugs! And yes yes good reminder to do the Watch Out! list. Im going to type out mine and stick it on the wall I tell ya.
Geez!!! I tot im the only one having those list...Me too having them....Heeee...And still am writing out the list...Lol...Keep up ladies....

Hello all, I'm new to this forum :)

My hubby & I have been trying for 3 years plus. We did 2 iui last year but failed. We are planning to go for ivf in August. Would like to check if anyone has any good doctor to recommend? Is there anything that I should take note before the ivf process?

Thanks
would you like to go private or government hospital?

Hi ladies, this is my first post in this forum but I've been reading and getting a lot of tips from all of you for the past few days.

Who is doing their IVF in Gleneagles here? I just did my Egg collection yesterday but Dr said we will not be doing fresh transfer due to the bad quality of my lining. We just got the estimated bill and a bit shock because there was an additional 'IVF clinic charge' which is not included in the 'package'. The price was even higher than the package. I'm confused. I will be calling the billing department later but does anyone have any similar experience?

Talking about dh.. My hubby always say leave it to fate.. Guess our hubbies don't want to stress us?

When i failed my last 2 cycles, i cried so hard but although my hubby didnt, i know he feels all the pain inside. Our hubbies are all as sad as us or bear the same emotional stress, but they more poor thing, they are men so cannot cry or show so outwardly like us

Talking about dh.. My hubby always say leave it to fate.. Guess our hubbies don't want to stress us?

When i failed my last 2 cycles, i cried so hard but although my hubby didnt, i know he feels all the pain inside. Our hubbies are all as sad as us or bear the same emotional stress, but they more poor thing, they are men so cannot cry or show so outwardly like us

Sorry to hear that.. rest well, and charge again when u are ready! Stay positive! (It's easy to say all these, but we all know how it feels.. jiayou ok)

Hi ladies, this is my first post in this forum but I've been reading and getting a lot of tips from all of you for the past few days.

Who is doing their IVF in Gleneagles here? I just did my Egg collection yesterday but Dr said we will not be doing fresh transfer due to the bad quality of my lining. We just got the estimated bill and a bit shock because there was an additional 'IVF clinic charge' which is not included in the 'package'. The price was even higher than the package. I'm confused. I will be calling the billing department later but does anyone have any similar experience?
it is possible to have an overaged lining due to stimulation process. Then fresh is not recommended. Sorry i have no experience with Gleneagles, I guess you are with Sincere lab?

Hugs @Cheetarr. Not easy and will take time to heal. Cry it out tiao body and come back stronger.

Do u have any embbies left for fet? R u with dr tan HH. If u r preparing for next cycle maybe u can try to start vit d ahead of cycle. You may want to try tcm intralipid and request for progesterone jabs for support. Just for your considerations.

We can't do anything about chromosome abnormalities which what docs usually attribute for bfn. But at least you know u wud have tried yr v best.

Sorry to hear that.. rest well, and charge again when u are ready! Stay positive! (It's easy to say all these, but we all know how it feels.. jiayou ok)

Ya. Agree. My hub cried so hard with me after the first failed cycle. First time see him so heartbroken. He felt so bad that I have to go through all the jabs etc. He actually didn't want me to go thru IVF anymore. We took one year to recover and then I decided to try a second time. And it BFP and I have a 3yo girl now. I think bcos of that he is very hands-on with her.

I believe the men do feel but it's harder for them to show it.

Everyone, Jiayou!

Hugs @Cheetarr. Not easy and will take time to heal. Cry it out tiao body and come back stronger.

Do u have any embbies left for fet? R u with dr tan HH. If u r preparing for next cycle maybe u can try to start vit d ahead of cycle. You may want to try tcm intralipid and request for progesterone jabs for support. Just for your considerations.

We can't do anything about chromosome abnormalities which what docs usually attribute for bfn. But at least you know u wud have tried yr v best.

Dear Mesara, thanks and yes Im with THH. Ive been taking tabs of calcium and vit D (200iu) during ivf cycle, on top of multi vit Obimin, folic acid, dha fish oil, vit c and Anmum maternal milk. Oh i did acupuncture weekly before ET. Got 2embryos in the freezer. Do you think I can start my fet this cycle, right after fresh cycle?

Is it me or bleeding after failed ivf has like more blood?

Do you think I can start my fet this cycle, right after fresh cycle?

I always start my FET right after fresh cycle, after meeting THH. Some ladies said rest for a few months to "tiao/bu" the body. I don't see the need cos it's like so much time wasted. You gotta wait to meet THH, you gotta wait here wait there..(forget it).

I think more or less have slightly more blood cos of the built up lining from the hormonal medication.

I always start my FET right after fresh cycle, after meeting THH. Some ladies said rest for a few months to "tiao/bu" the body. I don't see the need cos it's like so much time wasted. You gotta wait to meet THH, you gotta wait here wait there..(forget it).

I think more or less have slightly more blood cos of the built up lining from the hormonal medication.
Hi, u mean after your egg retrieval, u will start FET when ur menses come right the retrieval?
You BFP with fresh cycle or FET?

Preferably government but my main concern is the success rate.

For govt most of us here either in NUH or KKH.
I can't advise on NUH as I'm with KKH. If you want to start your ivf in Aug perhaps you need to call to book now but the queue might stretch to Sept. Dr THH at KKH is very popular among the sisters here and many are under him. But if you are a subsidy patient, then you can't choose your doctor.

As for success rate, it's really very subjective. Most of us here has been through many rounds of ivfs to get our BFP. Usually it's a trial and error for the first time as you don't knw how well or poor your body will response to the japs and treatment. I have heard ppl get bfp in their first try which are very very lucky I must say.

Dear Mesara, thanks and yes Im with THH. Ive been taking tabs of calcium and vit D (200iu) during ivf cycle, on top of multi vit Obimin, folic acid, dha fish oil, vit c and Anmum maternal milk. Oh i did acupuncture weekly before ET. Got 2embryos in the freezer. Do you think I can start my fet this cycle, right after fresh cycle?

I agree with Towkay Neo as well. I would do it once menses regains and do the FET. the body building is actually required more for stimmulation phase more than transfers in my opinion. I also did some FET after 1 menses cycle.
Menses may be mroe after failed cycle. it is normal.

Do you all feel tired during stimulation period? I have been feeling so tired for the past few days… Trying very hard to keep myself awake at work… ZZzz

sometimes its heng suay one..... depends on luck also. IVF is actually quite inefficient as theres lots of trial and errors involved. KKH has lot of patients so they definitely have experience and know what to do. just that the waiting time is horrible. Not sure about NUH. Good thing is that government hosptials have extra grants to use... can reduce financial stress.

sometimes its heng suay one..... depends on luck also. IVF is actually quite inefficient as theres lots of trial and errors involved. KKH has lot of patients so they definitely have experience and know what to do. just that the waiting time is horrible. Not sure about NUH. Good thing is that government hosptials have extra grants to use... can reduce financial stress.
Nuh waiting time to see doc is ok for me.. Think waiting time to start the cycle also not as bad as kkh.. Hope after this post won't have huge influx of ladies to Nuh.. Haha

Hubby talk again.. He so cool last time.. Then before we going to hospital for transfer, he said we should go to pray.. Haha.. He also nervous la..

Transfer 2 blast embryos.. Pray...
All the best!!

Actually I believe our hubbies feel the stress too.. Although we ladies more stressed as we are the ones who need to keep taking off from work for all the appointments and need to keep getting jab and poke for BT

I agree with Towkay Neo as well. I would do it once menses regains and do the FET. the body building is actually required more for stimmulation phase more than transfers in my opinion. I also did some FET after 1 menses cycle.
Menses may be mroe after failed cycle. it is normal.
I second that. One menses enough to flush then just start.

I did my first IVF at NUH. The experience was really good. I am working so I was concerned about fitting in all the appointments but they always scheduled my appointment at 8am so I can do all the scans and tests before heading to work. There is also a government subsidy if you go to a public hospital.

I would say try to pick a time where you are not as stressed. My first cycle failed and I was going through a pretty stressful time so on hindsight should have picked a more relaxing time.

I'm with NUH since 2011, BFP with my first cycle and gave birth in 2012. And now going for my third fresh cycle in July. I must say that NUH's waiting time is short compared to KKH when I and my friend did a comparison (she's with KKH, both of us went through Ivf almost the same time, she too have birth after first Ivf attempt with SF Loh). My friend's long protocol seems longer compared to my long protocol.
I've no issues with the waiting time at NUH. Appt is at 8am and by 9am or 930 latest I will be on my way to work already. Also I don't recall NUH have any waiting q. For both private and subsidized.

Back